PDA

View Full Version : Corey Widmer (MSU great) declines Montana HOF

bonarae
March 27th, 2018, 05:37 AM
... as Corey Widmer has declined the Montana Football Hall of Fame induction. But why? xchinscratchx

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180326153141764758508&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

dgtw
March 27th, 2018, 07:19 AM
Did you bother reading the article you posted? It said he has had health issues relating to concussions and doesn’t want to be part of the sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POD Knows
March 27th, 2018, 07:20 AM
... as Corey Widmer has declined the Montana Football Hall of Fame induction. But why? xchinscratchx

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180326153141764758508&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

Did you read the article? I don't really see anything in there about a rift with the college

dewey
March 27th, 2018, 07:28 AM

Admin please change title of thread as the current title implies there are issues with a former Griz alumni and the University of Montana. This is completely wrong.

The first sentence says this;

BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) Former New York Giants linebacker and Montana State star Corey Widmer has declined his nomination to the Montana Football Hall of Fame, saying the sport "destroyed my life."

That would be the Bobcats and the Grizzlies.

Also the last sentence says this;

He was a standout defensive lineman at Montana State from 1987-91.

He states in the article that concussions from football have ruined his life and endangered his children and that if he could go back to when he was 14 years old he would never do it.
Dewey

bobcathpdevil56
March 27th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Don't change the title, keep the embarrassment going for one who doesn't know the difference between Montana State University and University of Montana. Freakin East Coast bias.

JSUSoutherner
March 27th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Don't change the title, keep the embarrassment going for one who doesn't know the difference between Montana State University and University of Montana. Freakin East Coast bias.
Montana’s a state?

Thought it was a province of Canada?

TheKingpin28
March 27th, 2018, 11:19 AM
Montana’s a state?

Thought it was a province of Canada?Nah that is the UP.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Silenoz
March 27th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Oh yeah, pile the baggage onto us eh? We have enough of that already ya hoser

JSUSoutherner
March 27th, 2018, 12:53 PM
Oh yeah, pile the baggage onto us eh? We have enough of that already ya hoser
And who’s fault is that? xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
March 27th, 2018, 01:19 PM
I'm not gonna pile on here but dang man. Right when I saw Corey Widmer I was thinking "WTF?" xlolx

Great player, sorry he is suffering now.

POD Knows
March 27th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Montana’s a state?

Thought it was a province of Canada?Montana is one of the greatest states in the USA and this is coming from a Nodaker I know you were kidding but if you haven’t been to Montana you need to get out there

cx500d
March 27th, 2018, 06:56 PM
Montana’s a state?

Thought it was a province of Canada?

No, former qb at San Francisco

dgtw
March 28th, 2018, 01:48 AM
I'm not gonna pile on here but dang man. Right when I saw Corey Widmer I was thinking "WTF?" xlolx

Great player, sorry he is suffering now.

A sad story, indeed. I am glad he decided to skip the ceremony instead of showing up and making a scene. This way he is drawing attention to the topic and not himself and ruining everyone’s evening.

JSUSoutherner
March 28th, 2018, 08:22 AM
Montana is one of the greatest states in the USA and this is coming from a Nodaker I know you were kidding but if you haven’t been to Montana you need to get out there
I’ve been. Kinda.

I skimmed the south side of the state last time I was out west.

Far Cry 5 came out yesterday so Montana and I will be getting more acquainted. :D

POD Knows
March 28th, 2018, 08:06 PM
I’ve been. Kinda.

I skimmed the south side of the state last time I was out west.

Far Cry 5 came out yesterday so Montana and I will be getting more acquainted. :DGod, I hate Millennials.

JALMOND
March 28th, 2018, 08:43 PM
This way he is drawing attention to the topic and not himself and ruining everyone’s evening.

Too bad. The whole Petrino lovefest is demanding someone to ruin the evening.xnodxxlolx

TheKingpin28
March 29th, 2018, 10:06 PM
God, I hate Millennials.

I hear you on that one.

POD Knows
March 30th, 2018, 08:07 AM
I hear you on that one.LOL, I was sort of kidding but I admit, I had to look up Far Cry 5 on Google to figure out what it was, so I figured I would dump on JSU for making me look something up.

TheKingpin28
March 30th, 2018, 08:18 AM
LOL, I was sort of kidding but I admit, I had to look up Far Cry 5 on Google to figure out what it was, so I figured I would dump on JSU for making me look something up.

I thought they ended it after #4. I have practically put away the video games. There was a time when beating my club and I at an NHL game was almost impossible and now I personally do not care. I just have my Xbox for media purposes.

Silenoz
April 2nd, 2018, 01:02 PM
God, I hate Millennials.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/044/247/297.png

OhioHen
April 2nd, 2018, 01:26 PM
Freakin East Coast bias.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 2nd, 2018, 01:36 PM

Few things are a nono here as you probably know but that is most definitely one of them.

POD Knows
April 2nd, 2018, 01:39 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/044/247/297.png

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27362&stc=1

Silenoz
April 2nd, 2018, 01:46 PM
A millenial-ish meme and a Lord of the Rings reference? I don't even know where to start xrotatehx

clenz
April 3rd, 2018, 06:42 AM
God, I hate Millennials.

He isn’t a millennial.