PDA

View Full Version : CAA - Way too early to make predictions?

Gangtackle11
March 25th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Does JMU run away & hide or will they be tested. If so, who among the remaining teams are contenders and/or pretenders?

Care to predict who from the CAA is playoff bound? Go ahead. We won’t hold you accountable if wrong.

Spring practices are going on throughout the conference. Feel free to share any updates & insights while you stop by here.

Little Stevie
March 25th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Rhody will be improved.
4-6 wins.

TribeNomad1
March 25th, 2018, 01:04 PM
W&M has to be better.........

Gangtackle11
March 25th, 2018, 02:11 PM
Nova will bring back 4 players injured last season. Rob Rolle preseason CAA defensive POY returns at safety as well as starters on offense QB Zach Bednarczyk, All- CAA TE Ryan Bell, & RB Matt Gudzak.

Nova was 9-4 2 seasons ago & 5-6 last season. It’s reasonable to expect a 7-4 or 8-3 season and a return to the FCS playoffs.

Seawolf97
March 25th, 2018, 07:54 PM
Stonybrook Spring ball starts this Tuesday 3/27 and the Spring game is 4/28. Hoping for an 8-3 season and return to the playoffs.

RootinFerDukes
March 25th, 2018, 08:02 PM
When did we run away and hide? The caa wasn’t decided until the last weekend this year and second to last weekend in 2016.

Professor Chaos
March 25th, 2018, 08:05 PM
When did we run away and hide? The caa wasn’t decided until the last weekend this year and second to last weekend in 2016.
When you've won 18 straight conference games it's your conference to lose.

RootinFerDukes
March 25th, 2018, 08:16 PM
It’s also way too early, as teams like JMU and UR are working in new starting QBs this year.

JMU has four players vying for that role.
R-SR Hunter Etheridge, R-JR Ben DiNucci, JR Cole Johnson, and R-FR Gage Maloney.
Johnson was our back up the last two years and has played only 1.75 games during meaningful time (both in 2016). All other QBs have even less meaningful play time.

Gangtackle11
March 26th, 2018, 05:46 AM
Stonybrook Spring ball starts this Tuesday 3/27 and the Spring game is 4/28. Hoping for an 8-3 season and return to the playoffs.

Nova plays out at the Brook for the 1st time since we lost to them when they were repping the Big South in FCS Playoffs. Finally get SB & UNH back on the schedule.

Gangtackle11
March 26th, 2018, 05:47 AM

You are correct. It’s just felt that way to most of us.

Mattymc727
March 26th, 2018, 06:47 AM
UNH will be in the running again (in case you were hoping they would go away). Lots of depth, but probably not enough top tier talent to push for a natty.

With a favorable home schedule, UNH should be 8-3 if not 9-2

Anthony215
March 26th, 2018, 07:43 AM
Delaware should be improved offensively if Graduate transfer hometown kid Darius Wade can produce a solid passing game with already a decent running game. The defense returns a good amount of starters and depth. Last season's winning record has lots of expectations for a playoff push this year and I can see a 8-9 win season for the Hens if they can score 22+ a game.

bluehenbillk
March 26th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Only 5 teams I'd prognosticate don't really have playoff hopes:

Richmond
Towson
Maine
URI
W&M

RootinFerDukes
March 26th, 2018, 11:44 AM
Only 5 teams I'd prognosticate don't really have playoff hopes:

Richmond
Towson
Maine
URI
W&M

UR is almost always in the hunt, their one 0-8 CAA season being a rare exception. I never count them out and their back up QB showed promise in the 2016 playoffs. They may not miss a beat.

For Maine, yeah they probably won't make it, especially without Josh Mack, but they're always at least "close-ish" to playoff consideration through the mid-season.

RootinFerDukes
March 26th, 2018, 11:46 AM
I'm very curious to see if Elon and SB continue to shine next year or were their runs last year just odd slashes in the pan? I'd like to see consistency from them.

Billnonymous
March 26th, 2018, 05:56 PM
JMU makes the playoffs and W&M will win a game, that much I've got figured out. My guess would be 3 from SBU, Elon, DE, NH, Nova make the playoffs. The other 6 will wallow through .500 or below seasons. Like Little Stevie, I would love to see RI win more. Will W&M be the new doormat? They were the last CAA team to beat JMU, on Halloween 2015 when JMU missed 3 xp and W&M returned one for a 2 points, winning by 3.

RootinFerDukes
March 26th, 2018, 06:35 PM
JMU makes the playoffs and W&M will win a game, that much I've got figured out. My guess would be 3 from SBU, Elon, DE, NH, Nova make the playoffs. The other 6 will wallow through .500 or below seasons. Like Little Stevie, I would love to see RI win more. Will W&M be the new doormat? They were the last CAA team to beat JMU, on Halloween 2015 when JMU missed 3 xp and W&M returned one for a 2 points, winning by 3.

Bryan Schor’s first career start with only a week to prepare. Historically bad defense and a coach too busy interviewing with Texas State.

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 26th, 2018, 07:48 PM
Obviously the PL-CAA games are of interest.

Colgate-UNH and Lehigh-Villanova would seem to be the "marquee" battles. If the Raiders want to prove their worth they need to split their CAA games (W&M/UNH). I think the Raiders going into the Durham and beating what likely will be a preseason Top 10 UNH squad is unlikely. But going on the road and beating what could be a bottom half W&M seems quite possible IF Colgate is legit.

Lehigh has played 'Nova down to the wire the last two meetings but have come up short both times. Neither team was any good last year ('Nova's offense was almost as bad as Lehigh's D) and were definitely two of the big disappointments nationally. Still, the odds favor the Wildcats again. Even on the road. Another losing season in the post-Talley era would be a bit of a red flag imo.

Richmond traveling to the Bronx could end up being interesting. The Rams always have quality FCS talent but their coaching is up and down. If the new guy is closer to Moorhead and Clawson the Rams will be relevant nationally again.

Colgate is @ UNH and @ W&M
Lehigh hosts Villanova
Fordham hosts Richmond and is at @ Stony Brook
Holy Cross is @ UNH (payback?!?!)
Lafayette is @ Delaware
Bucknell hosts W&M and is @ Villanova

Are any CAA fans concerned about these PL games? Do you consider them must wins? Scheduled wins?

caribbeanhen
March 26th, 2018, 10:12 PM
No FBS game for Delaware this year, oh wait ...The Hens will be in Fargo on September 22nd and will be hoping to shock the Bison ... strength for Delaware will again be a pretty good and physical Defense.... Wade the Boston College transfer will be an upgrade at QB to put it mildly, he will make plays out of nothing.... Joe Walker moves to WR. I think the Hens need another playmaker on offense somewhere, RB Lee a transfer from Army might be able to fill the speed void

UNHWildcat18
March 27th, 2018, 06:17 AM

Colgate-UNH and Lehigh-Villanova would seem to be the "marquee" battles. If the Raiders want to prove their worth they need to split their CAA games (W&M/UNH). I think the Raiders going into the Durham and beating what likely will be a preseason Top 10 UNH squad is unlikely. But going on the road and beating what could be a bottom half W&M seems quite possible IF Colgate is legit.

Lehigh has played 'Nova down to the wire the last two meetings but have come up short both times. Neither team was any good last year ('Nova's offense was almost as bad as Lehigh's D) and were definitely two of the big disappointments nationally. Still, the odds favor the Wildcats again. Even on the road. Another losing season in the post-Talley era would be a bit of a red flag imo.

Richmond traveling to the Bronx could end up being interesting. The Rams always have quality FCS talent but their coaching is up and down. If the new guy is closer to Moorhead and Clawson the Rams will be relevant nationally again.

Lehigh hosts Villanova
Lafayette is @ Delaware

Are any CAA fans concerned about these PL games? Do you consider them must wins? Scheduled wins?

UNH needs to win both PL games and make a statement. They were so high off that FBS win they didn't get off the bus for that HC game. the PL's best chance is for colgate to beat UNH and or W&M, I don't see the other games going the wrong way for the CAA this year. We need to crush OOC again this year.

Gangtackle11
March 27th, 2018, 06:28 AM

Lehigh hosts Villanova
Lafayette is @ Delaware

Idc the margin of victory just get the “W” against Lehigh & Bucknell.

I wrote here last season that a loss to Lehigh would be a forewarning of rough times for Villanova given a tougher CAA schedule ahead. We eeked out a 38-35 win. Nova went 5-6 with brutal losses to Albany & Rhode Island. Most seasons both are wins.

This Nova teams expects to turn it around & make the FCS playoffs then the 2 PL foes are MUST GAMES!

MR. CHICKEN
March 27th, 2018, 06:50 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27336&stc=1...........YOU-DEE...IS ALREADY 0-1.......BIZONSSSSS DON'T EVEN NEED PRACTICE........COOD IT BE DUH START UH DECLINE...&....FALL O' ROMAN EMPIRE....IN FARGO..........xeekxxconfusedxxeekx.......AWK!

RootinFerDukes
March 27th, 2018, 07:19 AM
I say....I say... I say... dem bizzzzons...best not...count dey.... eggs... before dey.... hatch! BRAWK!

UAalum72
March 27th, 2018, 02:13 PM
Albany opens spring practice today with new hope for the fans as the OC has been moved to defense where he belongs, replaced by Joe Davis, formerly of Fordham and Northern Iowa

Also hoping Ibitokun-Hanks has regained his health and confidence

32counter
March 27th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Fordham visits UR on September 8 at 6pm,the weekend after UR v UVA game on September 1.

UR visits Rose Hill in 2019.

Your venue was only off a year.Not Too bad.

Good luck.Be easy on us.

Lehigh hosts Villanova
Lafayette is @ Delaware

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 27th, 2018, 08:46 PM
Fordham visits UR on September 8 at 6pm,the weekend after UR v UVA game on September 1.

UR visits Rose Hill in 2019.

Your venue was only off a year.Not Too bad.

Good luck.Be easy on us.

Lehigh hosts Villanova
Lafayette is @ Delaware

Since I got the UR/Fordham location I also wrong I got the SBU/Fordham location incorrect.

Fordham is @ Richmond, hosts Stony Brook

bluehenbillk
March 28th, 2018, 08:17 AM
How did this turn into a PL-infused thread? Cmon man!

UNHWildcat18
March 28th, 2018, 08:46 AM

Every thread always does. Speaking of your name though UD could burst through this year if they get their act together in terms of QB/WR/RB

Anthony215
March 28th, 2018, 08:54 AM
Every thread always does. Speaking of your name though UD could burst through this year if they get their act together in terms of QB/WR/RB

I think Joe Walker/Darius Wade will open up the offense greatly. Just get that offensive line together to keep the ground game solid. Walker is a great wildcat QB option in addition to showing he has the athleticism to make the transition to WR fulltime on the outside with his speed, nifty footwork and what looks like good hands. With Hills returning they would have been my favorite to win the CAA but such isn't the case as he's now at D2 Slippery Rock for his final year of eligibility.

bluehenbillk
March 28th, 2018, 10:18 AM

They hope to be much improved at QB now that the Joe Walker three-year nightmare is over - he's been moved to WR & BC transfer Darius Wade will be the QB. I like UD's WR setup, the RB's are kinda thin versus the status quo at UD but the big question is the OL. That unit has struggled awfully over the past two seasons, especially at pass protection. That's one thing we'll have to wait until September come actual games to see if it's better.

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 28th, 2018, 10:23 AM

I could have easily asked folks for their CAA vs FBS predictions instead xlolx.

Besides, it's only a matter of time before the NDSU/MVFC vs the CAA "predictions" begin. At least the PL-CAA dynamic extends beyond one game.

Gangtackle11
March 28th, 2018, 10:31 AM
They hope to be much improved at QB now that the Joe Walker three-year nightmare is over - he's been moved to WR & BC transfer Darius Wade will be the QB. I like UD's WR setup, the RB's are kinda thin versus the status quo at UD but the big question is the OL. That unit has struggled awfully over the past two seasons, especially at pass protection. That's one thing we'll have to wait until September come actual games to see if it's better.

Same questions for Nova offense as RS senior QB Zach Bednarczyk returns from injury. Returning with him is All-CAA TE Ryan Bell & Nova’s best deep threat at WR Changa Hodge. Matt Gudzak a solid option at RB also returns from injury. Nova has weapons this season, but the question mark is the OL. 4 returning starters from a very mediocre unit.

We also lose 1st team All-CAA punter to graduation. He dug Nova our of a lot of bad field position situations.

Nova should again put strong defense on the field in 2018. Expect the unit to continue to be tough to run against & expect improvement in the pass defense game as they have some talented underclassmen ready to step in.

I think they find a way to win at least 7 games (more likely 8) & get back to the FCS playoffs. Hoping that this team has that chip on the shoulder needed to get there. The staff needs to step it up also.

CenMEBlackBearFan
March 28th, 2018, 03:11 PM
UR is almost always in the hunt, their one 0-8 CAA season being a rare exception. I never count them out and their back up QB showed promise in the 2016 playoffs. They may not miss a beat.

For Maine, yeah they probably won't make it, especially without Josh Mack, but they're always at least "close-ish" to playoff consideration through the mid-season.

The more Maine is picked to be at the bottom of the league the better off our chances are of making the playoffs.xnodx
Losing by a missed xtra pt to UNH and a hail Mary by SBU in a game we dominated tells me the difference between a missed playoff spot and the playoffs is awful small.

Seawolf97
March 28th, 2018, 07:10 PM
Nova plays out at the Brook for the 1st time since we lost to them when they were repping the Big South in FCS Playoffs. Finally get SB & UNH back on the schedule.

Looking forward to this game . Our home CAA is pretty tough with Richmond and Delaware and URI who surprise anyone.

phoenix3
March 29th, 2018, 09:23 AM
Elon's D line and LB corps should be improved from last year, DBs will have some good returners, but will be thin.

Our O should be noticeably better than last year. We lost only one impact player - the left tackle - but we have several rising players to fill in. Last year, our O with a new offense and a frosh QB, did fairly well, so I expect Cignetti & Co. to have the O working very well.

The intangibles are the unknown. I think last year we surprised some teams that weren't expecting us to be anything more than the doormat we had been in previous years. We won't sneak up on anyone this year. So a one or two point win may not happen as often. The team last year played more as a team than I've seen since 2009. So it'll be interesting to see how the team handles last year's success going forward.

RootinFerDukes
March 29th, 2018, 11:16 AM
Yeah it'll be interesting to see if Elon can beat teams more convincingly this year when they had squeakers for the vast majority of their games.

KPSUL
March 29th, 2018, 08:52 PM
For years we've heard CAA conference officials and head coaches say that there were no easy wins between conference members. For years I've been incredulous, but this year it may end up being more true than ever. Almost every factor indicates that UNH should be stronger than last season, but that's true of a majority of the conference teams. It should be an interesting season - JMU will be ranked #1 preseason, UNH will be 2 or 3, after that I wouldn't want to guess. Whatever the preseason rankings, it won't end up that way at season's end.

bostonspider
March 30th, 2018, 11:17 AM
I think it will be interesting to see how UR reacts to continuity with coach Huesman. I think that the Spiders really improved as last season went along, especially on defense. Replacing a QB like Lauletta will be very tough, but Kevin Johnson looked fairly good in the playoffs in 2016. I think he actually fits Huesman's style of offense better than Kyle did. UR returns some great receivers, so look for the offense to hopefully still thrive. I could see UR back in the playoffs again this year.

RootinFerDukes
April 7th, 2018, 07:10 PM
I see Josh Mack is transferring to Liberty. We knew he had a bad gpa limiting his options. Color me surprised at where he landed. A place ripe with academic standards.

KPSUL
April 7th, 2018, 08:22 PM
I see Josh Mack is transferring to Liberty. We knew he had a bad gpa limiting his options. Color me surprised at where he landed. A place ripe with academic standards.

I really hope that it works out well for him and Liberty could use Mack at his best as they transition to FBS.

CenMEBlackBearFan
April 7th, 2018, 08:59 PM
I really hope that it works out well for him and Liberty could use Mack at his best as they transition to FBS.

Hmm, should make for interesting game when we go to Liberty in 2019xlolx

Gangtackle11
April 8th, 2018, 04:40 AM
Elon's D line and LB corps should be improved from last year, DBs will have some good returners, but will be thin.

Our O should be noticeably better than last year. We lost only one impact player - the left tackle - but we have several rising players to fill in. Last year, our O with a new offense and a frosh QB, did fairly well, so I expect Cignetti & Co. to have the O working very well.

The intangibles are the unknown. I think last year we surprised some teams that weren't expecting us to be anything more than the doormat we had been in previous years. We won't sneak up on anyone this year. So a one or two point win may not happen as often. The team last year played more as a team than I've seen since 2009. So it'll be interesting to see how the team handles last year's success going forward.

Its starts with Cignetti. Top notch head coach. His 2 coordinators (Fulmar & Trisciani) are very strong. I expect the Phoenix to continue to rise in the CAA & FCS. My call is they stay FCS playoff level team.

tribefan40
April 8th, 2018, 03:19 PM

Not the new doormat, just in the middle of what has become a typical cycle. Only a few years off a share of the caa and a playoff birth, we'll be back in the top half this year and in the playoff hunt for 2019. May be in the hunt this year if new qb starter settles in quickly.

MR. CHICKEN
April 8th, 2018, 04:54 PM
Not the new doormat, just in the middle of what has become a typical cycle. Only a few years off a share of the caa and a playoff birth, we'll be back in the top half this year and in the playoff hunt for 2019. May be in the hunt this year if new qb starter settles in quickly.

.......YA'S ARE.......DUH NEW DOOR MAT.....0-8....IN CONFERENCE......IS NOT IN...UH MIDDLE....UH TYPICAL CYCLE......LESSIN'....YER RHODE ISLAND.....xrolleyesx......BRAWK!

tribefan40
April 8th, 2018, 08:31 PM
.......YA'S ARE.......DUH NEW DOOR MAT.....0-8....IN CONFERENCE......IS NOT IN...UH MIDDLE....UH TYPICAL CYCLE......LESSIN'....YER RHODE ISLAND.....xrolleyesx......BRAWK!

Well we won one game in conference in '06 and '12, came back to take a share of the conference in '10 and '15 with a semifinal appearance in '09. SEEMS UH.....FAIRLY.....CYCLICAL TO ME.....BRAWK! xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
April 8th, 2018, 08:58 PM
Well we won one game in conference in '06 and '12, came back to take a share of the conference in '10 and '15 with a semifinal appearance in '09. SEEMS UH.....FAIRLY.....CYCLICAL TO ME.....BRAWK! xpeacex

You’re using examples of four and three season turnarounds to somehow justify what might happen the very next season?

tribefan40
April 9th, 2018, 05:41 AM
You’re using examples of four and three season turnarounds to somehow justify what might happen the very next season?

Yep. Call me an optimist, but I'm hoping we're ahead of schedule with a young oc and new qb. If the qb position solidifies in any way, the tribe should be ok. If not, another long season.

HensRock
April 9th, 2018, 07:50 AM

L.B.S. (Little Brother Syndrome)

Anthony215
April 9th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Great landing spot for Mack, as he wanted to see how he stacks up against the big boys and with Liberty being an FBS independent in 2019 he'll get to face Syracuse, Virginia, BYU & Rutgers.

vutomcat
April 9th, 2018, 09:46 AM
Gangtackle- I noticed the 2018 football roster has Jeff Wiley still listed. Is he back? I had heard from one of the parents that he was no longer going to play football...

RootinFerDukes
April 9th, 2018, 10:18 AM
Great landing spot for Mack, as he wanted to see how he stacks up against the big boys and with Liberty being an FBS independent in 2019 he'll get to face Syracuse, Virginia, BYU & Rutgers.

He'll learn quick how he matches up but they may not like the final score.

Gangtackle11
April 9th, 2018, 03:50 PM
Gangtackle- I noticed the 2018 football roster has Jeff Wiley still listed. Is he back? I had heard from one of the parents that he was no longer going to play football...

I’m not sure, but I have heard he was done due to injury. Nova doesn’t take the players off the roster due to injury until graduation. Still part of the team.

His older brother Drew (RS Jr.) is the returning starter @ OLB. Expecting him to have a breakout season & be a disruptive player off the edge. His RS frosh year he had a big game at Pitt then didn’t play much except special teams as I recall. Last year he had 50+ tackles and a couple of sacks.

Hoping getting key offensive players back will propel Cats back into FCS playoffs.

Anthony215
April 10th, 2018, 09:09 AM
I’m not sure, but I have heard he was done due to injury. Nova doesn’t take the players off the roster due to injury until graduation. Still part of the team.

His older brother Drew (RS Jr.) is the returning starter @ OLB. Expecting him to have a breakout season & be a disruptive player off the edge. His RS frosh year he had a big game at Pitt then didn’t play much except special teams as I recall. Last year he had 50+ tackles and a couple of sacks.

Hoping getting key offensive players back will propel Cats back into FCS playoffs.

Any word on the progress Zach Bednarczyk recovery is he a full spring participant? As well as Rob Rolle?

Gangtackle11
April 10th, 2018, 03:32 PM
Any word on the progress Zach Bednarczyk recovery is he a full spring participant? As well as Rob Rolle?

My understanding both are back in spring practice. Also Gudzak, Bell, & Hodge.

Bluefish845
April 11th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Does Taurus Phillips have a 5th year @ 'Nova?

Gangtackle11
April 11th, 2018, 04:53 PM
Does Taurus Phillips have a 5th year @ 'Nova?

Taurus used his final season of eligibility last year. He will not be back.

iBOsbu
April 21st, 2018, 07:35 PM

That’s my expectation, too. 2-1 in ooc and 6-2 in CAA. The away game @fordham will be tricky.

caribbeanhen
April 22nd, 2018, 11:42 AM
GT, Troy Reeder who was first team all CAA at LB last year voted most improved player after spring practice, as you indicated to me he was good last year but you were not really overwhelmed, well he heard about that and promises that this year you will be impressed... haha

Benjie Reeder voted most improved FG kicker.....

Gangtackle11
April 22nd, 2018, 06:07 PM
GT, Troy Reeder who was first team all CAA at LB last year voted most improved player after spring practice, as you indicated to me he was good last year but you were not really overwhelmed, well he heard about that and promises that this year you will be impressed... haha

Benjie Reeder voted most improved FG kicker.....

Thats great Carrib. That Delaware spin machine is something else. Giving a senior All-League LB that award is laughable. Nova gave theirs to 2 backups.

I wish only the best from your guys with the exception of the Battle of the Blue. I’ve watched your MLB the last 2 seasons as a Blue Hen get a total of 7 tackles in the 2 games against Villanova. I’ve seen him get beat on a HB vertical route at your place by 20 yards for TD. I know he puts up stats against somebody, but my eyes must be lying from what I’ve seen live.

His last name gives him extra special attention down there & he played at Penn State. So I get it. He’s yet to show up against my beloved Cats. I’ll take our MLB Jeff Steeb over him every day of the week. He had 95+ tackles last season, but Nova’s hype machine is pointed to Basketball. He’s the LB who had the pick 6 when your Hens crapped the bed trying to beat Nova & make the playoffs.

Dont wish the oldest prince in the royal family any bad luck, but I for one don’t believe or have witnessed in person the hype about him. It’s a nice family story that success starved Blue Hen fans have bought into IMHO.

Maybe this year he will actually be noticed by Nova fans. xpeacex

PS: Give Benji a pat on the head and a bone from this Cat fan.

caribbeanhen
April 22nd, 2018, 06:50 PM
Thats great Carrib. That Delaware spin machine is something else. Giving a senior All-League LB that award is laughable. Nova gave theirs to 2 backups.

I wish only the best from your guys with the exception of the Battle of the Blue. I’ve watched your MLB the last 2 seasons as a Blue Hen get a total of 7 tackles in the 2 games against Villanova. I’ve seen him get beat on a HB vertical route at your place by 20 yards for TD. I know he puts up stats against somebody, but my eyes must be lying from what I’ve seen live.

His last name gives him extra special attention down there & he played at Penn State. So I get it. He’s yet to show up against my beloved Cats. I’ll take our MLB Jeff Steeb over him every day of the week. He had 95+ tackles last season, but Nova’s hype machine is pointed to Basketball. He’s the LB who had the pick 6 when your Hens crapped the bed trying to beat Nova & make the playoffs.

Dont wish the oldest prince in the royal family any bad luck, but I for one don’t believe or have witnessed in person the hype about him. It’s a nice family story that success starved Blue Hen fans have bought into IMHO.

Maybe this year he will actually be noticed by Nova fans. xpeacex

PS: Give Benji a pat on the head and a bone from this Cat fan.

alright enough GT.... I give you an alley oop not only do you dunk it you hang on the rim for a while, ouch.....haha

that is a locker room material comment right there....... I'll make sure it gets delivered to the Royal family

Gangtackle11
April 22nd, 2018, 07:47 PM
alright enough GT.... I give you an alley oop not only do you dunk it you hang on the rim for a while, ouch.....haha

that is a locker room material comment right there....... I'll make sure it gets delivered to the Royal family

His brother is the beast there.

caribbeanhen
April 22nd, 2018, 09:15 PM
His brother is the beast there.

Delaware lost Bilah Nichols and his shoes will be tough to fill at NT, he was at the NFL combine..... yea I know, he didnt do squat against Nova

in other spring notes, Ray Jones moves up to LB, he has been a safety his first 3 years and is a pretty good tackler... very physical player

Charles Bell is coming back from a some serious back injury he suffered at the hands of JMU last year.... many thought he was done, he was first team all CAA in 16

Nasir Adderly is a talented young man, and will anchor the DBfield...pencil him in for All American... from Phily and had an uncle named Herb

the DL is where the questions are, we have a transfer up there from Cincy, I've heard some good things.... we will see

Colby Reeder should only get better and he should really make an impact this year.....

on offense as most everyone here already knows, we finally get our QB trasfer in Wade from Boston College, he will extend plays

some much needed speed has showed up, kid named Lee who will play some RB, was at Army... sat out last year....

Joe Walker is transitioning nicely to WR, we need him to be good

things looking up at Delaware, longtime fans just now starting to shake off the bitter loss up on the mainline in November, noone will talk about it on gohens....

Gangtackle11
April 23rd, 2018, 05:22 AM
I’m not sure about the direction of my Villanova Wildcats. They certainly had a disappointing season going 5-6 in Coach Ferrante’s 1st season. 2 losses to Albany & Rhode Island were unexpected for sure.

All that said Villanova looks forward to the return from injury of 4 key offensive players (RS seniors QB Zach Bednarczyk, RB Matt Gudzak, All-CAA selection Ryan Bell, & Jr. WR Changa Hodge) & preseason DPOY RS Sr. Rob Rolle.

Nova’s offense went south most of the season & scored 51 points in their 6 losses leaving a decent defense out to dry all too often.

The offense has to be better (can’t be much worse) with the return of QB Bednarczyk. He’s in the top half of the conference at his position & will be looked upon to have a big season if the Cats are to get back to the FCS playoffs. Running back will see Sr. Aaron Forbes get most of the carries. Forbes has had some big games and needs to do that week in, week out. JR. Justin Covington & RS Sr. Matt Gudzak will serve as capable back ups. Gudzak is a threat as a receiver also.

Nova has an All-CAA TE in Ryan Bell returning. Bell was lost for the season at Albany and it hurt the Nova passing game immensely. JR. Changa Hodge had over 100 yards receiving in season opener vs. Temple before injuries wiped out his season. He’s long with good speed & presents a problem vs. smaller Dbs. The rest of Noca receivers are mainly non-descript and a few need to step up and become productive.

The offensive line is somewhat of an enigma with some big bodies upfront with NFL potential, but the unit hasn’t impressed on the field most games.

Nova appears to have found a reliable kicker in Drew Kresge, but will need replace All-CAA punter John Hinchen this season.

The defense ranked 4th nationally vs the rush & should continue to be strong playing their 3-3-5 defense. Sr. NT Bryan White will man the middle while So. Malik Fisher & RS Jr. Jafonta Johnson will be starters at DE. Fisher is long & quick. Look for him to be an elite pass rusher by the time he leaves Nova.

The bread & butter of the defense lies at LB for the Cats. Although other units get more press in the CAA it’s hard to imagine any have been better than Nova’s LB units. RS Sr. Jeff Steeb will anchor the middle. He deserved all-League recognition as he was a force. He had 90+ tackles. Flanking Steeb should be RS Jr. Drew Wiley & Jr. Keeling Hunter. Both split time last season and finished with 50+ tackles. Wiley is quick & many at Nova expect a breakout season from him.

The secondary gave up a lot of yards despite 2 players being considered for the NFL & good talent returning. Expect So. Jaquan Amos to be a star as he had some big plays as a true frosh. S Julian Williams & the return of Preseason AA Rob Rolle should spell solid improvement from the secondary.

All in all, Nova looks to be a 7-8 win team & should contend for a playoff spot. The last game of the season may well be for a playoff spot this time around.

MR. CHICKEN
April 23rd, 2018, 09:38 AM
.....WHIFF ALL YOU LADS....FROM.....STONEY/ALBANY/JMU/'NOVA/ELON/N. HAMP......SQWAKIN' 'BOUT DUH GOOD SEASON'S PROJECTED........LET ME REMIND YA'S......SOMEBODAH...GOTTAH LOSE!....AWK!

RootinFerDukes
April 23rd, 2018, 10:22 AM
.....WHIFF ALL YOU LADS....FROM.....STONEY/ALBANY/JMU/'NOVA/ELON/N. HAMP......SQWAKIN' 'BOUT DUH GOOD SEASON'S PROJECTED........LET ME REMIND YA'S......SOMEBODAH...GOTTAH LOSE!....AWK!

As long as youzz all lozzz to da dukies..... nuddin else much matterss..... BROCK!

MR. CHICKEN
April 23rd, 2018, 10:50 AM
...BROCK!...xconfusedx......NOW DAT WAS HURTFUL.......xsighx....BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
April 23rd, 2018, 11:37 AM

I’m sure you are thinking Delaware is in the mix too!! BROCK!!

MR. CHICKEN
April 23rd, 2018, 02:35 PM
........MAH OWN-LAH THOUGHTS......ARE......HOPIN'..BENJI REEDER'S.....SHOTS....ARE UP-TA-DATE........&.....NORFF DAKOTAH STATE.....SHOWS MERCY.......BROCK!...BROCK!...BROCK!!

caribbeanhen
April 23rd, 2018, 06:18 PM

I love Henlogic

DallasSpider
April 23rd, 2018, 06:52 PM
The bread & butter of the defense lies at LB for the Cats. Although other units get more press in the CAA it’s hard to imagine any have been better than Nova’s LB units. RS Sr. Jeff Steeb will anchor the middle. He deserved all-League recognition as he was a force. He had 90+ tackles.

He's that guy that got ran over by Lauletta right?
I don't think Reeder got trucked by Lauretta, lets ask @Carrib. :D

MR. CHICKEN
April 23rd, 2018, 10:28 PM
He's that guy that got ran over by Lauletta right?
I don't think Reeder got trucked by Lauretta, lets ask @Carrib. :D

.....REEDER WASN'T TRUCKED BAH ANY-BODAH.........LB....CHARLES BELL.....WAS KO'd WHIFF SEASON ENDIN' HIT...BAH....JMU's....BRYAN SCHOR.........AWK!

Gangtackle11
April 29th, 2018, 07:51 AM
Villanova Undrafted Free Agent signings:

CB Trey Johnson Pittsburgh Steelers
LB Ed Shockley Dallas Cowboys

Seawolf97
April 29th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Stonybrook Undrafted Free Agents Contract Signings

Timon Parris OL -Washington Redskins
Chris Cooper DB - Colts

Invited to team Mini Camps

Stacey Bedell -RB San Franciasco 49ers
Ray Bolden WR -Philadelphia Eagles
Tyrice Beverette -LB NY Jets

Hopefully they can catch on with a team this season .

UAalum72
April 29th, 2018, 10:52 AM
Albany tight end/fullback Anthony Manzo-Lewis has signed with the Los Angeles Chargers as an undrafted free agent,

melloware13
April 30th, 2018, 08:44 PM
CAA UDFA's beyond Albany, Nova, and Stony Brook (since they're listed above):
Elon:
- Ikenna Nwokeji (OL, Pittsburgh)

James Madison:
- Andrew Ankrah (DE, Tennessee)
- Raven Green (DB, Green Bay)
- Bryan Schor (QB, Chicago)
- Aaron Stinnie (OL, Tennessee)

Richmond:
- Alex Light (OL, Green Bay)
- Tafon Mainsah (CB, Chicago)

William & Mary:
- Chris Durant (OT, LA Chargers)
- Connor Hilland (OL, Miami)

UAalum72
May 1st, 2018, 03:05 PM
Also, Albany’s DL Malachi Hoskins has been invited to the Giants’ rookie mini-camp

RootinFerDukes
May 1st, 2018, 04:54 PM
James Madison:
- Andrew Ankrah (DE, Tennessee)
- Raven Green (DB, Green Bay)
- Bryan Schor (QB, Chicago)
- Aaron Stinnie (OL, Tennessee)

Thanks for compiling a list but I know what you have listed for JMU is not correct. Here are ours.

UDFA:
Aaron Stinnie OL - Tennessee
Raven Greene S - Green Bay

Rookie Mini Camp:
Andrew Ankrah DL - Tennessee
Jordan Brown S - Baltimore and Tennessee
Bryan Schor QB - Chicago
Simeyon Robinson DL - Cincinnati

UNH72Plus
May 2nd, 2018, 12:59 PM
I had a chance to watch the UNH team scrimmage last weekend. A lot of guys sat out with minor dings or pre-season operations, but they looked pretty good. Their strong suit looks like the wide receiver corps. They have a dozen guys who have a chance of seeing quality time including their top three from last year, all-American Neil O'Connor, Kieran Presley, and Malik Love. They also have Nick Lorden who only caught 12 passes, but six were for TDs. As a team we didn't lose much to graduation and most of the losses had good back-ups and/or red shirt freshmen coming up. The biggest loss was DT Rick Holt who had a great senior year. Elijah Lewis comes back from a season-ending injury and could fill that gap. We've also got a bunch of DE's and will probably play three of them in some passing situations. There's also project - DT, 6'3" 330 lb. Tyreak Richardson. The O-line lost a couple of key players, but has some good looking guys who got quite a bit of time last year. The line had some issues in the scrimmage, but I don't know if it was their play, the frequent shuttling of players in and out, or just good defense. I think every one agrees that the biggest question is the QB position. A lot of guys on the Cat's board have been ranting about Trevor Knight for 3 years, but he the odds-on favorite to start the season at QB. He looked okay on Saturday and he put on some weight over the winter, hopefully it won't slow him down. The #2 QB looks to be sophomore Christian Lupoli who got some quality snaps when Knight was hurt last year. Tommy Herion is a walk-on red shirt freshman from Iowa who may work his way into the mix, although Coach Mac hasn't shown much affinity for walk-ons. There are also three other guys competing for the back-up role. Local boy Ivan Niyamugabo (6'1" 211lbs) has switched to WR and if he gets in could run the halfback option play that O'Connor pulled off a couple of times last year. The defensive backs and linebackers look solid. One interesting player is RFr Sean Coyne who played QB, WR, & RB in high school, kicked a 58-yard field goal, and routinely kicked kickoffs through the end zone (something we haven't seen much in recent years). He a bit small 5'10" 178 lbs, but looked good at WR in the scrimmage. The fact that he's played QB also opens up a few options for fake field goals and extra points.

The annual Blue/White scrimmage is set for Saturday and should be fun.

UNHWildcat18
May 2nd, 2018, 01:03 PM
I had a chance to watch the UNH team scrimmage last weekend. A lot of guys sat out with minor dings or pre-season operations, but they looked pretty good. Their strong suit looks like the wide receiver corps. They have a dozen guys who have a chance of seeing quality time including their top three from last year, all-American Neil O'Connor, Kieran Presley, and Malik Love. They also have Nick Lorden who only caught 12 passes, but six were for TDs. As a team we didn't lose much to graduation and most of the losses had good back-ups and/or red shirt freshmen coming up. The biggest loss was DT Rick Holt who had a great senior year. Elijah Lewis comes back from a season-ending injury and could fill that gap. We've also got a bunch of DE's and will probably play three of them in some passing situations. There's also project - DT, 6'3" 330 lb. Tyreak Richardson. The O-line lost a couple of key players, but has some good looking guys who got quite a bit of time last year. The line had some issues in the scrimmage, but I don't know if it was their play, the frequent shuttling of players in and out, or just good defense. I think every one agrees that the biggest question is the QB position. A lot of guys on the Cat's board have been ranting about Trevor Knight for 3 years, but he the odds-on favorite to start the season at QB. He looked okay on Saturday and he put on some weight over the winter, hopefully it won't slow him down. The #2 QB looks to be sophomore Christian Lupoli who got some quality snaps when Knight was hurt last year. Tommy Herion is a walk-on red shirt freshman from Iowa who may work his way into the mix, although Coach Mac hasn't shown much affinity for walk-ons. There are also three other guys competing for the back-up role. Local boy Ivan Niyamugabo (6'1" 211lbs) has switched to WR and if he gets in could run the halfback option play that O'Connor pulled off a couple of times last year. The defensive backs and linebackers look solid. One interesting player is RFr Sean Coyne who played QB, WR, & RB in high school, kicked a 58-yard field goal, and routinely kicked kickoffs through the end zone (something we haven't seen much in recent years). He a bit small 5'10" 178 lbs, but looked good at WR in the scrimmage. The fact that he's played QB also opens up a few options for fake field goals and extra points.

The annual Blue/White scrimmage is set for Saturday and should be fun.

Thanks for the Evaluation! I really think our season is going to be on the OL/QB. I see the rest of the positions getting us at least to the quarters again in terms of talent. Last year our OLine got torched time and time again

Gangtackle11
May 8th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Nova CB Malik Reeves signed by KC Chiefs