PDA

View Full Version : UMass adds another RB

umassfan
July 21st, 2005, 03:09 PM
http://umassathletics.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072105aad.html

Mr. C
July 21st, 2005, 05:53 PM
I can't see that he would get many carries with Steve Baylark around.

saint0917
July 21st, 2005, 06:06 PM
I can't see that he would get many carries with Steve Baylark around.

I agree, with Baylark in the Backfield he wont get many carries, but, if Baylark gets hurt Matt will fill in for him because it looks like there going to redshirt Tony Nelson to preserve his four years once more playing time becomes available.

umassfan
July 21st, 2005, 06:16 PM
Our backup from last year is no longer on the team... and as saint said we will likely redshirt our incoming rb nelson. We needed some depth there just incase.

Tribe4SF
July 21st, 2005, 10:00 PM
What happened to the transfer from Northeastern?

umassfan
July 21st, 2005, 11:23 PM
What happened to the transfer from Northeastern?
He has to sit out a year!

MR. CHICKEN
July 22nd, 2005, 06:18 AM
U OF MA$$ = TRANSFER U. .............:eek:...............BRAWK!

saint0917
July 22nd, 2005, 06:24 AM
U OF MA$$ = TRANSFER U. .............:eek:...............BRAWK!

But over the years Delaware holds the record for the most transfers :p

ChickenMan
July 22nd, 2005, 08:27 AM
But over the years Delaware holds the record for the most transfers :p

Wrong... UMass currently has and has always had the crown. What is it... eight or nine just this year and when Whipple came in... UMass took more transfers than the London subway system... :p

henfan
July 22nd, 2005, 08:56 AM
Going back over the last 25 years, I'd venture a guess that UMass has taken more FB transfers than the rest of the YankCon/A-10 combined. Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that...

Nelson looked impressive in the bowl game. He should be a good one for UM.

saint0917
July 22nd, 2005, 09:03 AM
Wrong... UMass currently has and has always had the crown. What is it... eight or nine just this year.

I think the crown is still held by Delaware :nod: , and we have 6 transfers this year. And Delaware has two this year, that's because no one wants to play for the Hens, They would much rather play for Umass :D

Fordham
July 22nd, 2005, 09:11 AM
i guess the itinerary for day 1 of camp will mostly be comprised of the players from UMASS introducing themselves to one another, huh?

:)

ChickenMan
July 22nd, 2005, 09:20 AM
They would much rather play for Umass :D

I think it's much more like... they can get acccepted into UMass... :p

ChickenMan
July 22nd, 2005, 09:21 AM
They would much rather play for Umass :D

I think it's much more like... they can get accepted into UMass... :p

GannonFan
July 22nd, 2005, 09:22 AM
I think the crown is still held by Delaware :nod: , and we have 6 transfers this year. And Delaware has two this year, that's because no one wants to play for the Hens, They would much rather play for Umass :D

Nah, we can't match that lowered bar for academic admission that UMass has set - I don't think a school exists that you can't transfer into UMass from. And don't worry about guys wanting to play for UD, we just didn't have the holes to fill this year like UMass did (*cough* run defense *cough*).