PDA

View Full Version : Prairie View A&M Panthers 2007 Schedule

BigApp
February 21st, 2007, 07:39 PM
09/01 Texas Southern Houston (Labor Day Classic)
09/08 North Carolina A&T Los Angeles (Angel City Classic)
09/15 @Southern
09/22 Open
09/29 Grambling State Dallas (State Fair Classic)
10/06 @Alcorn State
10/13 @Alabama State
10/20 Open
10/27 Mississippi Valley State (Homecoming)
11/03 @Arkansas-Pine Bluff
11/10 Jackson State
11/17 Alabama A&M

http://www.pvamu.edu/pages/285.asp?item=18323

TexasTerror
February 21st, 2007, 07:40 PM
No home game until October 27th against Valley for Homecoming and then end the year with two home games...

I know PVA&M is looking for a home game on September 22nd. Will probably end up with a sub-Div I foe...especially if it's open this late in the game...

Sly Fox
February 22nd, 2007, 08:15 AM
I smell another Paul Quinn sighting at Blackshear.

Seriously, it sure seems odd to be limiting the opportunities for the student body at PV to connect with the team in person. Obviously the Labor Day Classic at Reliant does that to an extent, but three home dates?

89Hen
February 22nd, 2007, 08:25 AM
A 10 game schedule? :confused:

BigApp
February 22nd, 2007, 12:07 PM
or Ed Waters

Panther88
February 22nd, 2007, 02:15 PM
Not sure who it's gonna' be @ this point. There are ramblings of bringing Langston U back to campus (god forbid lol).

Would love to see a matchup w/ either SHSU or SFA. :read:

MACHIAVELLI
February 22nd, 2007, 02:20 PM
There are ramblings of bringing Langston U back to campus (god forbid lol).

If I were Langston I wouldn't come unless PV announces the 06 game as an official L for PV. Frazier is exactly what I think he is.

BigApp
February 22nd, 2007, 02:40 PM
who's Frazier?

TexasTerror
February 22nd, 2007, 05:34 PM
who's Frazier?

Head coach...

http://www.swac.org/03-04/IMAGES/pv-henryfrazier.jpg

On SFA and SHSU scheduling PVA&M...SFA's schedule has been out for a few months and SHSU is filling that opening that both schools shared mutually with North Dakota State...:thumbsup:

BigApp
February 22nd, 2007, 09:47 PM
oh...duhhhhh http://planetsmilies.net/confused-smiley-17433.gif

mikebigg
February 23rd, 2007, 07:58 AM
who's Frazier?

A guy who didn't get along with Grambling's ex-coach Spears... hence, Mach's feelings for Frazier!xlolx xlolx

3rd Coast Tiger
February 26th, 2007, 11:29 AM
09/08 North Carolina A&T Los Angeles (Angel City Classic)

Prairie View is guaranteed $100K plus expenses for this game.

TexasTerror
February 26th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Prairie View is guaranteed $100K plus expenses for this game.

Isn't there a questionable history as it relates to west coast classics? Wasn't there an issue in San Fransisco or something? We sure this is a 'safe and secure' deal?

3rd Coast Tiger
February 26th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Isn't there a questionable history as it relates to west coast classics? Wasn't there an issue in San Fransisco or something? We sure this is a 'safe and secure' deal?

Different promoters. The university's AD/Office of General Counsel did their homework before signing this contract.

TexasTerror
February 26th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Different promoters. The university's AD/Office of General Counsel did their homework before signing this contract.

Glad to hear it!

Any more news on that SHSU vs Texas Southern 'Classic'?

3rd Coast Tiger
February 27th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Glad to hear it!

Any more news on that SHSU vs Texas Southern 'Classic'?

Nothing new. By the way, that game wouldn't be considered a "classic".

TexasTerror
February 27th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Nothing new. By the way, that game wouldn't be considered a "classic".

3rd Coast...

On another related PVA&M, TxSo and SHSU note...

Ronnie Turner of the Chronicle is now blogging our programs...

A few SHSU fans wrote in after seeing no mention of SHSU, only TxSo, PVA&M and HBU and Ronnie verified he'd cover us...

http://blogs.chron.com/areacolleges/

3rd Coast Tiger
February 27th, 2007, 11:39 AM
3rd Coast...

On another related PVA&M, TxSo and SHSU note...

Ronnie Turner of the Chronicle is now blogging our programs...

A few SHSU fans wrote in after seeing no mention of SHSU, only TxSo, PVA&M and HBU and Ronnie verified he'd cover us...

http://blogs.chron.com/areacolleges/

Thanks for the notice. When he was exclusively covering UH athletics, he created a blog for our All American Safety (Stacey Thomas) and received all kind of heat from his UH loyalist. I replied to the blog and well.......

TexasTerror
February 27th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the notice. When he was exclusively covering UH athletics, he created a blog for our All American Safety (Stacey Thomas) and received all kind of heat from his UH loyalist. I replied to the blog and well.......

I'm a huge fan of the Chronicle blogs. I'll have to add Ronnie Turner to my faves with David Barron (TV Notebook) and John McClain (NFL) on the Chronicle web site. It's really gone a long way in putting the Chronicle on the map, especially those Anna-Megan Raley videos with Johnny Mac! :hurray:

R.A.
March 2nd, 2007, 01:28 AM
Savannah State also has a 10 game schedule, and has an open date on the 22nd, why isn't Prairie View A&M playing Savannah State?

Panther88
March 2nd, 2007, 12:02 PM
Savannah State also has a 10 game schedule, and has an open date on the 22nd, why isn't Prairie View A&M playing Savannah State?

I think it too is being discussed R.A. The logisitics, I'm sure, will have to be worked out.

As of now (today), we have an open date 9-22-2007. SSU and LU are the possibles along w/ EWC. Not sure what's going to happen until it's made official.

MACHIAVELLI
March 4th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Obviously the Labor Day Classic at Reliant does that to an extent, but three home dates?

How many should they have?