PDA

View Full Version : Montana vs Montana State????

Grizzaholic
February 21st, 2007, 03:35 PM
Ok, I know all about the rivalary and all of the tensions between the schools. But why does every damn topic, whether brought up by UM, MSU or a 3rd party, turn into BS? I know some 'fans' from both schools hate each other but come on. Every topic that has MSU, UM, or anything remotely about Montana in it, it seems that the topic lasts all of one page, sometimes not even that far, and it turns into a bickering contest.

TheBisonator
February 21st, 2007, 03:37 PM
LOL!!! That's nothing... Have you even read any posts between NDSU and UND fans lately??? It only comes up like in every other thread in the Smack and GWFC forums...

Peems
February 21st, 2007, 03:59 PM
LOL!!! That's nothing... Have you even read any posts between NDSU and UND fans lately??? It only comes up like in every other thread in the Smack and GWFC forums...

yours is just like that because you have not come to the level of the rivalry of the cat/griz. We have fought so long that what you do on these forums is what we did 60 years ago. Now we fight telepathically.

Grizzaholic
February 21st, 2007, 04:15 PM
yours is just like that because you have not come to the level of the rivalry of the cat/griz. We have fought so long that what you do on these forums is what we did 60 years ago. Now we fight telepathically.

That is what I have been missing out on!!! Damn. I need to get me some of that telepathic stuff.xlolx

Sundown
February 21st, 2007, 04:25 PM

LOL!

The evolution of a rivalry...A century + worth on fighting will do that to you.

Bison05
February 21st, 2007, 04:27 PM

Wow, I didn't realize that the griz and cats invented the internet 60 years ago.xlolx

Peems
February 21st, 2007, 04:28 PM
Wow, I didn't realize that the griz and cats invented the internet 60 years ago.xlolx

we totally had gore beat!

NZNCRZY
February 21st, 2007, 04:31 PM
Ok, I know all about the rivalary and all of the tensions between the schools. But why does every damn topic, whether brought up by UM, MSU or a 3rd party, turn into BS? I know some 'fans' from both schools hate each other but come on. Every topic that has MSU, UM, or anything remotely about Montana in it, it seems that the topic lasts all of one page, sometimes not even that far, and it turns into a bickering contest.

did you hear the one about the bobcat and the lightbulb, just thought I would get the bickering started xlolx

Grizzaholic
February 21st, 2007, 06:23 PM
did you hear the one about the bobcat and the lightbulb, just thought I would get the bickering started xlolx

Was that where the bobcat saw the light and realized his wrongs and started rooting for the Griz. Then many many years later he was no longer a bandwagon fan but a true fan?xlolx

bisonguy
February 21st, 2007, 07:02 PM
xcoffeex xcoffeex You do realize the NDSU/UND rivalry is older than Montana/Montana State, right?

GOKATS
February 21st, 2007, 09:58 PM
Was that where the bobcat saw the light and realized his wrongs and started rooting for the Griz. Then many many years later he was no longer a bandwagon fan but a true fan?xlolx

Nope, it was where the Cat paid the grizidiot a buck to screw in the light bulb, so the grizidiot gave up his 'career' as a burger flipper so that he could be a light bulb changer.

GOKATS
February 21st, 2007, 10:20 PM
xcoffeex xcoffeex You do realize the NDSU/UND rivalry is older than Montana/Montana State, right?

With all good intentions, prove it.

Tod
February 21st, 2007, 10:33 PM
With all good intentions, prove it.

UND/NDSU first met in 1894, UM/MSU in 1897. I was unable to find the all-time record, though.

Older doesn't always mean better, nor does it even mean they've played as many games as UM/MSU.

I hope to find out...

bisonranch
February 21st, 2007, 11:04 PM
N. Dakota rivalry is more bitter than Montana, my NDSU/MSU grad sibling says so anyway. S. Dakota isn't as bad as either, but we could start a tri-state smack thread to put it to the test! Probably would be pretty polluted.

Tod
February 21st, 2007, 11:06 PM
N. Dakota rivalry is more bitter than Montana, my NDSU/MSU grad sibling says so anyway. S. Dakota isn't as bad as either, but we could start a tri-state smack thread to put it to the test! Probably would be pretty polluted.

I can't speak for other Griz fans, or 'Cat fans, but I'm not going for the most bitter rivalry. You can have that one. :twocents:

Tod
February 21st, 2007, 11:08 PM
Oh, btw, Bisonville says that UND/NDSU have met 110 times, the most in D-II history.

But, UM/MSU will catch up with them if they don't start playing each other again.

Peems
February 21st, 2007, 11:15 PM
they will start soon and it will probably be tied.

NDSUFREAK
February 21st, 2007, 11:33 PM
I am postive that the UM vs MSU rivalry doesn't come close to the hate NDSU and und have. I have a sad feeling that we will play again next year. Things aren't looking too hot for scheduling and the state seems to be demanding the game to be played. As much as I hate the und fighting sioux I know that they will keep it close against the BISON. With chants going all throughout those games being as "sioux Suck *****" "***** the sioux" or with und saying "F*uck the BISON". It gets nasty and it will be even more worse with this hiatus and now being DI. Watch and learn...

AZBison
February 21st, 2007, 11:51 PM
I'm all for rivalries, but NDSU v UND is seriously out of hand. It's even worse then UA v. ASU (Pac 10) and we pretty much hate each other.

CatFan22
February 22nd, 2007, 01:50 AM
You should attend a Cat/griz basketball game.

ASU
February 22nd, 2007, 02:50 AM
Can't we all get along?
You know you should try rooting for each other.....after all, the perception
around the country is probably that many people see your rival losing and if reflects on you. I bet, believe this or not, that many people do not know the difference between Montana and Montana State. They hear, or half hear, what they want to hear. So if your rival does well it actually reflects somewhat on you. Root for them....except when you play them.
(Isn't this a bunch of horse crap!)

Bobcat in NC
February 22nd, 2007, 09:38 AM
Sweet, instead of turning into a Cat/Griz pissing contest, this thread is going to turn into a Montana/North Dakota pissing contest...

Our rivalry is more intense than yours...
We hate each other more than you do...
Neener, neener, neener...

Frosty The Snowbuff
February 22nd, 2007, 10:32 AM
UND/NDSU first met in 1894, UM/MSU in 1897. I was unable to find the all-time record, though.

Older doesn't always mean better, nor does it even mean they've played as many games as UM/MSU.

I hope to find out...

Montana is 66-35-5 vs Montana State = 106 total games
North Dakota State is 45-62-3 vs North Dakota = 110 total games

Source: CollegeFootballDataWarehouse

Why I am doing this: I am bored and waiting on class to start :rolleyes:

Grizzaholic
February 22nd, 2007, 10:43 AM
Sweet, instead of turning into a Cat/Griz pissing contest, this thread is going to turn into a Montana/North Dakota pissing contest...

Our rivalry is more intense than yours...
We hate each other more than you do...
Neener, neener, neener...

To quote George Carlin " It is the bigger dick theory at work "

Peems
February 22nd, 2007, 11:46 AM
I think we all agree that "West is the Best!"
To NDSUFREAK, would it really be that close? Is UND up to the full scholarship level yet?

I agree with Catfan, the basketball games are intense as well. But nothing beats the football games.

JALMOND
February 22nd, 2007, 12:39 PM

If my memory from the history books is correct, the Sioux have been chasing the Bison all over the Plains since before Lewis and Clark.:D :rolleyes: :smiley_wi

Seems like it has now continued into the FCS.xlolx :nod:

saccat
February 22nd, 2007, 12:54 PM
I have people I know (they are not friends because they like the griz) that give me crap because I can't root for the griz. Why should I. They are the Evil Empire that wears dark pink. Do Florida fans root for FSU? In my mind it is not a true Rivalry unless you hate everything about the other team. I hope the Memphis Grizzlies lose every game every year because they are the Griz.

by the way...I can't spell.;)

bisonmike
February 22nd, 2007, 01:02 PM
UM and MT St are to far apart to truly hate each other. You guys have mountains and valleys to go over to get to each other. Have you ever been to eastern ND? You can practically see grand forks from fargo and it's 75 miles away. Imagine waking up every morning, taking a look to the north and you can see the very thing you despise.

WYOBISONMAN
February 22nd, 2007, 01:32 PM
Why not let the Montanans fight this out and un Nodaks stay out of this thread...........

CSUBUCDAD
February 22nd, 2007, 01:37 PM
You wanna talk about rivalries. Visit the Clemson and USC boards the week of their game. My lord you would think a war was about to unleash.
( I know it is BCS but it is wild just the same.)

Grizzaholic
February 22nd, 2007, 01:48 PM
I am not talking about other schools or rivalary week or any of that bs. I am just talking about no matter who posts something about either MT or MSU it turns into a pissing match in no time.

Watch this.

MSU has a very good game day tailgate party.

Now in two or three replies a UM fan will come in and turn it into a pissing match over who has the better game day.

AggiePride
February 22nd, 2007, 02:05 PM
This thread is proof how much NDSU and UND really need eachother.

All that "we are over it" and "it is below us now" is BS.

You guys are the first to jump into any thread that even mentions the word rivarly and start bragging about it. No matter what you guys say, you are obsessed and proud of it and you will NEVER be "over it".

Peems
February 22nd, 2007, 02:45 PM
I am not talking about other schools or rivalary week or any of that bs. I am just talking about no matter who posts something about either MT or MSU it turns into a pissing match in no time.

Watch this.

MSU has a very good game day tailgate party.

Now in two or three replies a UM fan will come in and turn it into a pissing match over who has the better game day.

traitor!!!

words that should never go together: MSU, Good. Unless of course used in the sentence: MSU is good at sucking. OR, Good God, MSU is horrible

AZBison
February 22nd, 2007, 03:08 PM
This thread is proof how much NDSU and UND really need eachother.

All that "we are over it" and "it is below us now" is BS.

You guys are the first to jump into any thread that even mentions the word rivarly and start bragging about it. No matter what you guys say, you are obsessed and proud of it and you will NEVER be "over it".

Do you need to use absolutes?

I will be the first to admit that I love the rivalry, and I'm hoping that when it resumes it will eventually mellow a bit and be more like NDSU/SDSU.

Also, something I've noticed is that North Dakotans, of which I am one, love to talk about ND to people from out of state (I am guilty of this).

bisonguy
February 22nd, 2007, 04:42 PM

I don't know if I would consider one rivalry that much worse than the other. One of my college buddies was from Montana, and it seems like they're both pretty bad rivalries in his opinion.

JALMOND
February 22nd, 2007, 04:59 PM
traitor!!!

words that should never go together: MSU, Good. Unless of course used in the sentence: MSU is good at sucking. OR, Good God, MSU is horrible

Looks like it only took two replies...

Grizzaholic
February 22nd, 2007, 05:24 PM
Exactly my point. And he is part of my family.

Frosty The Snowbuff
February 22nd, 2007, 05:45 PM
You wanna talk about rivalries. Visit the Clemson and USC boards the week of their game. My lord you would think a war was about to unleash.
( I know it is BCS but it is wild just the same.)

and it continues on the field....

Peems
February 22nd, 2007, 06:33 PM
I was half joking, but i didnt attack the gameday atmosphere.

Grizzaholic
February 22nd, 2007, 07:07 PM
I know