PDA

View Full Version : In Conference Payouts?

GaSouthern
February 21st, 2007, 11:44 AM
Is there such a thing? Do visiting schools get paid for going to regular conference games?

GannonFan
February 21st, 2007, 12:21 PM
I can't imagine this ever happens, assuming the game's are conference games. Since conference games are returned the following year (it's a home and home setup) then there's no need for it.

GaSouthern
February 21st, 2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks, somehow I overlooked that point. I'm glad because that would be horrible for GSU and ASU constantly giving away money to conference foe's that can't match our sales/attendance

Tealblood
February 21st, 2007, 02:49 PM
I have heard of teams "selling" home games in conference before mostly at FBS level though
For instance Clemson used to give Duke "guarantee money" to play in Clemson for a game that should have been at Duke. Also I remember Duke selling a home game vs Florida St. to Orlando and Dukes "home" game was played in the Citrus Bowl.

TexasTerror
February 21st, 2007, 05:33 PM
I have heard of teams "selling" home games in conference before mostly at FBS level though

For instance Clemson used to give Duke "guarantee money" to play in Clemson for a game that should have been at Duke. Also I remember Duke selling a home game vs Florida St. to Orlando and Dukes "home" game was played in the Citrus Bowl.

Happens in the SWAC from time to time or atleast it did...

Not sure if it's still in play or not...

Eyes of Old Main
February 21st, 2007, 08:15 PM
I remember Western Carolina selling a home game to Marshall in the early 90's. Not sure if it's happened since.