PDA

View Full Version : Jackson State stadium bill goes before House Wednesday

BLUE TIGER
February 20th, 2007, 10:19 PM
February 20, 2007

Jackson State stadium bill goes before House Wednesday

By David Brandt
[email protected]

A bond bill that would provide $66 million for an on-campus Jackson State University football stadium will be discussed in the Mississippi House Wednesday.

Rep. John Reeves, R-Jackson, said the bill was approved through the House Ways and Means committee late Monday and could come to a vote before the full House this week.
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070220/SPORTS030101/70220055

Zoo
February 20th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Good luck guys! I'll love to see that stadium, boy it's wonderful by the concept art. :D

Tod
February 20th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Good luck guys! I'll love to see that stadium, boy it's wonderful by the concept art. :D

I like your style, Zoo! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Go Iona!! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Tod
February 20th, 2007, 11:44 PM
February 20, 2007

Jackson State stadium bill goes before House Wednesday

By David Brandt
[email protected]

A bond bill that would provide $66 million for an on-campus Jackson State University football stadium will be discussed in the Mississippi House Wednesday.

Rep. John Reeves, R-Jackson, said the bill was approved through the House Ways and Means committee late Monday and could come to a vote before the full House this week.
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070220/SPORTS030101/70220055

Good Luck!

Zoo mentioned art concepts, I didn't see anything on that. Do you have a link (did I miss it)?

BLUE TIGER
February 21st, 2007, 06:48 AM
House panel backs plan to raze stadium, build another at JSU

By David Brandt
[email protected]

A bill that would give Jackson State University $66 million in bonds to build a football stadium is headed before the Mississippi House of Representatives.

House Bill 1739, approved late Monday by the House Ways and Means Committee, is expected to be discussed this morning by the full House. http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070221/NEWS010504/702210362/1001/NEWS

BLUE TIGER
February 21st, 2007, 06:57 AM
Good Luck!

Zoo mentioned art concepts, I didn't see anything on that. Do you have a link (did I miss it)?
No, you didn't miss anything. This is the proposed stadium drawing. http://www.facilityplanners.com/portfolio/jackson_state_u/stadium05/default.aspx?s=p

jstate83
February 21st, 2007, 08:41 AM
They gave Jackson State basically all the City Property that needed to be developed that's on the Southwest end of Downtown...........A LOT. :eek:

This was done about 2 weeks ago with about half the land being located where the stadium is planned to be built.

I hope this go through THIS YEAR so thing's can really get started.
It will pass in the next few years but it's looking really good right now.
Everybody, (JSU, State, City, and Official's from the surrounding Metro), are working together on this.

This represent's millions for everybody in business around here especially for downtown Jackson.:thumbsup:

dbackjon
February 21st, 2007, 09:03 AM
Good luck - hope it passes!

JDC325
February 21st, 2007, 09:46 AM
Good luck that is some nice concept art. Hopefully the GSU Eagle leadership will learn some lessons.

3rd Coast Tiger
February 21st, 2007, 11:03 AM
Fire it up J State Fire it up... HEY!!!!!!!

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

BLUE TIGER
February 21st, 2007, 12:59 PM
$500M capital improvements bill passes House

By Laura Hipp
[email protected]

A more than $500 million bond bill passed the House this morning on its second try.

House Bill 1743 includes a new Jackson State University stadium, leak repairs at the Capitol and a statewide communications system for law enforcement.

The measure passed in a 73-45 vote, just two votes more than needed.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070221/NEWS/70221034

jstate83
February 21st, 2007, 01:16 PM
That's the first hurdle cleared.....................The House by 2 vote 75-43.

These Rankin and Rural county reps are BS-ers.:nod:
Never want anything from/for Jacktown until a Tornado or some other disaster hit's they arse then JACKSONIANS pay the price cause all them mofo's are clogging our streets looking for a handout.
OH Well................Had to vent a little.xlolx

Now it's in GOD's hands...................The Senate. xlolx

These mofo's better not cop out now.:thumbsup:

BLUE TIGER
February 21st, 2007, 01:55 PM
That's the first hurdle cleared.....................The House by 2 vote 75-43.

These Rankin and Rural county reps are BS-ers.:nod:
Never want anything from/for Jacktown until a Tornado or some other disaster hit's they arse then JACKSONIANS pay the price cause all them mofo's are clogging our streets looking for a handout.
OH Well................Had to vent a little.xlolx

Now it's in GOD's hands...................The Senate. xlolx

These mofo's better not cop out now.:thumbsup:

Every Jacksonian will have their azz puckered the entire week. lol

jstate83
February 21st, 2007, 02:07 PM
Every Jacksonian will have their azz puckered the entire week. lol

I feel like I been sucking lemons all morning waiting on that vote. xlolx :D xlolx
I can relax a little now.

THIS YEAR..........xlolx ........ NOT NEXT..........xlolx .............THIS YEAR!!

GSUISBACK
February 21st, 2007, 02:18 PM
Congrats to JSU
Wish we could get state money for a stadium

BLUE TIGER
February 21st, 2007, 02:28 PM
I feel like I been sucking lemons all morning waiting on that vote. xlolx :D xlolx
I can relax a little now.

THIS YEAR..........xlolx ........ NOT NEXT..........xlolx .............THIS YEAR!!

Heck yeah this year!:nod: He//, Reeves been flirtin wit us and now its time for him to put out! I don't like a tease.xlolx

jstate83
February 21st, 2007, 02:39 PM
Heck yeah this year!:nod: He//, Reeves been flirtin wit us and now its time for him to put out! I don't like a tease.xlolx

I'll give his arse credit for helping get this pushed through even though you know his main motive is land for UMC.:nod:

This is the first time any of the other rep's has backed Jackson this deep.
All them years of neglect and siding with "bubba chuck" from WHOGIVEADAMM Mississippi against Jackson has finally caught up to their arses.

This shat should have passed this barrier in 1997 when all this first came up.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......................They decided to sink $millions into Memorial instead of building one for JSU then.:nod:

Zoo
February 21st, 2007, 05:33 PM
Just one thing, what are they going to do with Veterans Memorial Stadium?

Suavetiger
February 21st, 2007, 05:48 PM
It's gonna be torned down

jstate83
February 23rd, 2007, 08:39 AM
Just one thing, what are they going to do with Veterans Memorial Stadium?

BLUE TIGER
February 26th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Proposed stadium at JSU worthy of hearing

By Eric Stringfellow
Special to The Clarion-Ledger

Jackson State University is as close as it has been in generations to having an on-campus venue for its football games, thanks to last week's vote in the House of Representatives.

A $500 bond bill gives JSU $66 million for a stadium to be built just east of the west Jackson campus, between the university and downtown Jackson.

Representatives tied the stadium legislation to a $25 million research park at the University of Mississippi Medical Center which would go up after Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium is razed.

The proposal is sound and addresses two critical needs:

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070225/OPINION/702250364

BLUE TIGER
February 26th, 2007, 11:24 AM
For once, let's think before we pony up

By Rick Cleveland
columnist

OK, so I read where there's a push to spend $5.4 million of our taxpayer dollars to tear down Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium, home of the Jackson State Tigers.

We will do this, in part, to make room for a research facility for University Medical Center. We will spend $25 million on the start-up there.

Then we will spend $66 million more in bond money to build a new home for the Jackson State Tigers a few miles to the west, near the Jackson State campus.

The new stadium would be roughly half as big as the old one.

Oh yes, and we just spent $15 million to renovate the old stadium, this after we spent $750,000 eight years ago on a study to decide whether we should renovate the old stadium or build a new one.

You couldn't make this stuff up. I went back through this newspaper's archives to make certain I remembered correctly the facts as they are.

Some of the same legislators who now avidly support the new stadium just a few years ago avidly supported renovating the old stadium.

They were either badly wrong then, or they are sadly wrong now.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070225/COL0504/702250384/0/SPORTS