PDA

View Full Version : Maine 2007 schedule released

PapaBear
February 20th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Four months earlier than last year -- and NO DIIs on the docket!

Gotta love it.

http://goblackbears.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/022007aaa.html

Henwatcher
February 20th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Good to see you are playing Monmouth. Try to soften them up for us. Good luck with your season.

bluehenbillk
February 20th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Wow, early for Maine, is it summer yet?

Umass74
February 20th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Please kick UConn's ass for us! :nod:

JMG1MON
February 20th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Do me a favor, look past us and look to UCONN!!! I realize this is not going to happen, esp. after the success of the NEC last season!!! GL on Sept. 1 (just not too much :nono: )!!

JMUFortier
February 20th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Good schedule...nice to see no D2's either. I'm thankful we don't see it either. Too bad we don't play each other. In my family, we call that parents (UMaine grads) versus kids (JMU grads).:smiley_wi

Go...gate
February 20th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Do me a favor, look past us and look to UCONN!!! I realize this is not going to happen, esp. after the success of the NEC last season!!! GL on Sept. 1 (just not too much :nono: )!!

I gotta love Monmouth. You guys have no fear. Go boldly.

TexasTerror
February 20th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Weak OOC with Stony Brook and Monmouth. UConn may be a winnable FBS game, perhaps. Maine could go 2-1 without question OOC, but 3-0 is not too much a reach. Good to see Monmouth and San Diego playing more full-scholly teams...

2007 SCHEDULE

Date...Opponent...Site...Time
Sept. 1...MONMOUTH...Orono, Maine...TBA
Sept. 8...at Connecticut...Storrs, Conn....TBA
Sept. 15...at Villanova*...Villanova, Pa....TBA
Sept. 22...MASSACHUSETTS*...Orono, Maine...TBA
Sept. 29 BYE
Oct. 6...at Hofstra*...Hempstead, N.Y....TBA
Oct. 13...WILLIAM & MARY*...Orono, Maine...TBA
Oct. 20...at Stony Brook...Stony Brook, N.Y....TBA
Oct. 27...at Northeastern*...Boston, Mass....TBA
Nov. 3...TOWSON*...Orono, Maine...TBA
Nov. 10...RHODE ISLAND*...Orono, Maine...TBA
Nov. 17...at New Hampshire*...Durham, N.H....TBA
Home games in ALL CAPS
*-Denotes Colonial Athletic Association contest (CAA)
Schedule subject to change
Schedule as of Feb. 20, 2007

BigApp
February 20th, 2007, 05:28 PM
2 trips to New York state in 14 days!

ccd494
February 20th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Weak OOC with Stony Brook and Monmouth. UConn may be a winnable FBS game, perhaps. Maine could go 2-1 without question OOC, but 3-0 is not too much a reach. Good to see Monmouth and San Diego playing more full-scholly teams...

Better than last year, though. Maine put itself in a position where they HAD to win 7 conference games to get into the NCAAs, with early losses to BC and Youngstown. This year is much more manageable.

My only "quibble" is the road game at Stony Brook, that has to be the front end of a home and home.

89Hen
February 20th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Good to see you are playing Monmouth. Try to soften them up for us.
Like Lehigh did with Albany? :cool: :bawling:

Cobblestone
February 20th, 2007, 06:24 PM

YES! Even if you beat us (which you most likely will) please demolish UCONN.
:splat:

dennisdent
February 20th, 2007, 06:25 PM

God that would be great:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Kind of a two edged sword though--the Cons would never play UMass after a loss to Maine...but..it would be worth it to see the Cons lose.:thumbsup:

At Stony Brook.:eyebrow:

NFLCB2
February 20th, 2007, 06:44 PM

Why in the world would you say something like that not sure the point your trying to make....:confused:

Keeper
February 21st, 2007, 01:07 AM
I can see 9 wins in that Bear schedule.

JMG1MON
February 21st, 2007, 07:49 AM
Why in the world would you say something like that not sure the point your trying to make....:confused:

Looking for any kind of help I can get. If they look past us towards UCONN, maybe we can catch them offguard a little bit. We have 9 new starters on defense (unless somebody that I do not know about is coming back) and a brand new quarterback. This is a very tough game to begin with and with the new quarterback and basically new personel on defense, does not bode well for us.

Colgate, I hope I didn't come off as being cocky. If I did, I apologize. Definitely not what I was trying to do. As I said, just looking for any sort of help.

NFLCB2
February 21st, 2007, 08:51 AM
Ok thats what I thought just wasnt sure as far as the 9 new starters on Defense I seen them play and i saw that they have players ready to step in with reguards to the secondary they lose a corner and two safties but they have a corner that was in rotation and has played a ton safties are a bit shaky theres no way to replace #33 and on the DL they have two already broken in biggest concern is LB's. Do you think they will have the QB's split time like a few years back. Also maine will struggle too they lost a ton will be a great game ill be there

Looking for any kind of help I can get. If they look
past us towards UCONN, maybe we can catch them offguard a little bit. We have 9 new starters on defense (unless somebody that I do not know about is coming back) and a brand new quarterback. This is a very tough game to begin with and with the new quarterback and basically new personel on defense, does not bode well for us.

Zoo
February 21st, 2007, 05:36 PM
I think Maine would totally whoop UConn. xlolx Didn't they hold BC to 22 points only?

Good luck this year Black Bears!