PDA

View Full Version : Hampton vs FAMU game for 2018 canceled

ASU33
February 15th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Hampton was scheduled to play Hampton on October 20th but they game has been canceled. FAMU made the announcement a few days ago. Looks like the Hampton split from the MEAC just may be a nasty divorce to say the least.

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/FAMU-makes-change-to-MEAC-football-schedule-473956333.html

walliver
February 15th, 2018, 01:36 PM
October is right in the heart of the Big South Conference schedule. With only one year notice, and Hampton obligated to play the other 6 Big South schools, I suspect a lot of the latter part of their previous MEAC schedule will be cancelled.

Go Green
February 15th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Maybe Ohio Dominican can save the day again.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/05/04/ap-fbc-fcs-penn-2017-schedule

Anthony215
February 15th, 2018, 01:45 PM
Looks like Hampton will have to settle for a NAIA/D2 opponent on 10/20 since all other FCS/FBS programs have filled their open dates pretty much. Now the tricky part is if DSU and SC State decided to play each other on that date thus leaving FAMU with an open date.

Professor
February 16th, 2018, 10:22 AM
This entire move by Hampton to the Big South isn't being done properly.

RootinFerDukes
February 16th, 2018, 10:25 AM
So why does Hampton think they're better than the MEAC? What's the back story?

Panther88
February 16th, 2018, 01:56 PM

The back story is that Hampton will not be engaging ANY current MEAC school fall 2018 or fall 2019. That mandate came from the conference office. *whistling*

ASU33
February 16th, 2018, 03:36 PM

Quick run down. If you keep screaming "I'm taking my ball and going elsewhere" pretty soon your friends are going to get tired and tell you to get the h3ll on.

RootinFerDukes
February 16th, 2018, 03:38 PM
Quick run down. If you keep screaming "I'm taking my ball and going elsewhere" pretty soon your friends are going to get tired and tell you to get the h3ll on.

Yeah, but I'm looking for the "why". Why does their **** not stink?

bonarae
February 20th, 2018, 06:14 AM
It appears that the entire schedule for Hampton is being forced to be redone from scratch, as posted in another thread here.

https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/norfolk-state/football/article_693115a6-a808-5f5d-a81a-b0c27891cd01.html

Anthony215
February 20th, 2018, 09:23 AM
Wow I understand the MEAC's frustration with Hampton leaving the conference on short notice but this also hurts NSU's home attendance as no matter who they plug in as Hampton is their biggest rivalry.

WestCoastAggie
February 20th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Can someone say pissing contest out of control?

Panther88
February 20th, 2018, 11:21 AM
Can someone say pissing contest out of control?

Not so sure of that wca. I think commissioner Thomas’s and the COP’s position is quite clear. HI’s haste has caused slight harm to conference schools’ scheduling. The conference, as a whole, has to respond.

Professor
February 20th, 2018, 11:21 AM
Yeah, but I'm looking for the "why". Why does their **** not stink?

Hampton wants to be a member of the CAA. This move to the Big South is just a stepping stone. It's assumed one of more teams will be leaving the CAA and Hampton is positing herself to take their place

ASU33
February 20th, 2018, 12:51 PM
In the words of the great Urban Philosopher Shawn Corey Carter aka Jay-Z, "Nobody wins when the family feuds."

RootinFerDukes
February 20th, 2018, 03:24 PM
Hampton wants to be a member of the CAA. This move to the Big South is just a stepping stone. It's assumed one of more teams will be leaving the CAA and Hampton is positing herself to take their place

They can take our spot when our president finds his balls.

dgtw
February 20th, 2018, 07:52 PM
I saw on the Sun Belt board Troy is dropping Presbyterian and playing FAMU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor
February 21st, 2018, 09:16 AM
They can take our spot when our president finds his balls.

Funny, your the exact school that they are betting on

walliver
February 21st, 2018, 10:20 AM
I saw on the Sun Belt board Troy is dropping Presbyterian and playing FAMU.

PC's football program is falling fast. I think they are backing out of all their FBS money games. They still have scholarships, but I wonder if they are still a "counter"?

dgtw
February 21st, 2018, 03:01 PM
PC's football program is falling fast. I think they are backing out of all their FBS money games. They still have scholarships, but I wonder if they are still a "counter"?

The people commenting seemed to think they dropped the game because they were worried it wouldn’t be able to count.

ASU33
February 21st, 2018, 03:14 PM

Yep.

RootinFerDukes
February 22nd, 2018, 11:18 AM

Well they need to be betting on Alger's retirement. He's too scared to pull the trigger. We've had countless chances to move up to FBS in the past decade but the previous president and now him are so risk averse it's pathetic.

dgtw
February 23rd, 2018, 11:06 AM
So I guess the MEAC is just going to tear up the old schedule for conference games and start over?

Big Dawg
February 26th, 2018, 08:42 AM
It’s cool to see Troy on the schedule...we have been up there since we beat em in the 1999 playoffs. Gonna be a bunch of Rattler fans making that trip.

ASU33
February 26th, 2018, 11:15 AM
It’s cool to see Troy on the schedule...we have been up there since we beat em in the 1999 playoffs. Gonna be a bunch of Rattler fans making that trip.

It would be nice to get y'all back on the schedule.