PDA

View Full Version : In the Recruitment of Brevin White, the Four-Star QB Who Chose Princeton Over Alabama

World
February 8th, 2018, 05:01 PM
https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/02/06/brevin-white-recruitment-signing-day-princeton-alabama

JSUSoutherner
February 8th, 2018, 05:12 PM
Princeton is a school with a football team.

Alabama is an NFL team that happens to get state funding.

RichH2
February 8th, 2018, 05:21 PM
Not so subtle difference. At Princeton there are students who play football, not just players attending a university just to get a uniform.

Milktruck74
February 8th, 2018, 06:53 PM
The kid is smart enough to realize that he has a shot at the NFL for a few years, but he will be paid on diploma from Princeton for the next 40 years!!!!

kperk014
February 8th, 2018, 08:10 PM
He got his 15 minutes of fame. That's more than most. Now he can lead an obscure life.

kdinva
February 8th, 2018, 08:19 PM
The kid is smart enough to realize..... he will be paid on diploma from _________ for the next 40 years!!!!

other schools use that same approach, a couple or three in the SoCon

- - - Updated - - -

xnodx xhighfivex

TheKingpin28
February 8th, 2018, 09:23 PM
The kid is smart enough to realize that he has a shot at the NFL for a few years, but he will be paid on diploma from Princeton for the next 40 years!!!!This and more of this. The Princeton label on a diploma goes further than an Alabama on a diploma if the NFL does not work out.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

World
February 9th, 2018, 12:59 AM

Actually, Princeton is the best university in the world that happens to have a decent football team

Alabama is a state university that happens to have the best college football team in the U.S.

DFW HOYA
February 9th, 2018, 06:44 AM
Actually, Princeton is the best university in the world that happens to have a decent football team

These folks may disagree.

http://www.west-point.org/society/wps-silicon-ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/stanford_stadium.jpg

JSUSoutherner
February 9th, 2018, 06:57 AM

Alabama is a state university that happens to have the best college football team in the U.S.

And Ivies wonder why everyone thinks they’re arrogant.

Cocky
February 9th, 2018, 08:16 AM

Have you ever met anyone who was denied acceptance into UAT? Probably the easiest school to get into in Alabama. The quest for 50,000 is real.

bulldog10jw
February 9th, 2018, 11:00 AM

No we don't

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 9th, 2018, 11:12 AM
If you're a legit student that played high level P5 football you should have very little to worry about if your career ends after college. Granted you might be relegated to a certain geographic area but the networking you have by just being on the Alabama team seriously matters. He could easily return to a IL school for any professional degrees he seeks.

With that said, I wonder why Notre Dame, Stanford, Duke, UVA, Wake etc did not recruit White more heavily. Some one once told me there's a 6 figure job in Chicago waiting for every Notre Dame football player....

bulldog10jw
February 9th, 2018, 11:58 AM
This kid might be great, but I'm trying to remember the last time Alabama recruited a great QB. Alabama QB's under Saban are usually system guys. No turnovers so their defense can win the games.

Go Green
February 10th, 2018, 04:33 PM

If Porsche agrees to become the official car of your league, you'd be arrogant, too. :)

http://nysportsjournalism.squarespace.com/porsche-signs-with-ivy-league/?SSScrollPosition=137

Should be funny when those PL, PFL, NEC, and CAA teams visit Ivy stadiums and see the latest Porsches parked out front and the logo everywhere.

PAllen
February 10th, 2018, 05:55 PM
If Porsche agrees to become the official car of your league, you'd be arrogant, too. :)

http://nysportsjournalism.squarespace.com/porsche-signs-with-ivy-league/?SSScrollPosition=137

Should be funny when those PL, PFL, NEC, and CAA teams visit Ivy stadiums and see the latest Porsches parked out front and the logo everywhere.

Not sure how long that will last in front of Franklin Field.

Go Green
February 10th, 2018, 06:21 PM
Not sure how long that will last in front of Franklin Field.

I recc'ed you for that! :)

But Penn's surrounding neighborhood isn't the ****hole that it used to be.

Go...gate
February 10th, 2018, 06:26 PM

+1

jsualumnus
February 11th, 2018, 06:36 AM
The kid is a **** QB that likely would be backing up Tua or maybe even the 1st string practice squad QB. He chose playing time and a career. Smart kid!!!

UNHWildcat18
February 12th, 2018, 08:30 AM
Princeton and Yale have the highest rated recruiting classes in the FCS. NDSU comes in at number 3. Really wish they'd stop the BS and compete in the playoffs. Wish we could swap the Pioneer's AQ and give it to the IVY league

TheKingpin28
February 12th, 2018, 09:57 AM
Princeton and Yale have the highest rated recruiting classes in the FCS. NDSU comes in at number 3. Really wish they'd stop the BS and compete in the playoffs. Wish we could swap the Pioneer's AQ and give it to the IVY league

My thought has always been this. Why can they compete in March Madness and other championships but not the FCS? At what point will they man up and actually play competition and stop hiding behind a holier than thou mentality?

JacksFan40
February 12th, 2018, 08:37 PM
My thought has always been this. Why can they compete in March Madness and other championships but not the FCS? At what point will they man up and actually play competition and stop hiding behind a holier than thou mentality?
We can ask all we want for it, but the universities don’t want it.

SUPharmacist
February 13th, 2018, 12:40 AM
We can ask all we want for it, but the universities don’t want it.

True and universities and conferences should be able to do what is the best for for them. However, I don't understand why the NCAA or any subdivision allows teams to classify and then choose not to really compete at that level. Since the Ivies have chosen to not compete in the playoffs, I do not understand why they chose the FCS instead of the FBS. Could they not have chosen to opt out of bowl games at the FBS level? I definitely do not know the history here, but would it have been more problematic to opt out of any playoff activity at the top level? As an outsider it is odd to me to see schools with their resources choose not to compete. I would imagine they could be competitive at whatever level they chose. If they just want their historical rivalries within the Ivy League, why not do that for all sports and abandon the NCAA altogether?

PAllen
February 13th, 2018, 04:27 AM
True and universities and conferences should be able to do what is the best for for them. However, I don't understand why the NCAA or any subdivision allows teams to classify and then choose not to really compete at that level. Since the Ivies have chosen to not compete in the playoffs, I do not understand why they chose the FCS instead of the FBS. Could they not have chosen to opt out of bowl games at the FBS level? I definitely do not know the history here, but would it have been more problematic to opt out of any playoff activity at the top level? As an outsider it is odd to me to see schools with their resources choose not to compete. I would imagine they could be competitive at whatever level they chose. If they just want their historical rivalries within the Ivy League, why not do that for all sports and abandon the NCAA altogether?

I think the Ivies would choose to be at the FBS level if they were allowed to do so.