PDA

View Full Version : Jackson State's Robert Brazile becomes 4th Tiger elected to Pro Football Hall of Fame

ASU33
February 4th, 2018, 08:41 AM
Robert Brazile will become the 4th Tiger to be elected into the Hall of fame in August. Jackson State leads all schools in Mississippi with 4 hall of fame players. Brazile will become the 15th player from the SWAC and the 28th HBCU player overall to head to Canton! xbowx

Daytripper
February 4th, 2018, 09:39 AM
I grew up watching Robert Brazile play for the Houston Oilers. During this era he was the best outside linebacker not named Lawrence Taylor.

ASU33
February 4th, 2018, 10:40 AM
I grew up watching Robert Brazile play for the Houston Oilers. During this era he was the best outside linebacker not named Lawrence Taylor.

I met Rob years ago at a Bama State/Jackson State game when I was about 8 or 9. I had no idea who he was or what he accomplished until about 10 years ago. Very visible guy at Jackson State games til this day.

Go Green
February 4th, 2018, 03:49 PM

To me, Brazile was more of a 1970s guy and Taylor a 1980s guy (although there was some overlap in their careers).

I was young then, but I do remember Brazile being one of the best players in the game. I was kind of surprised to find out that he hadn't already gotten into the HOF.

Panther88
February 5th, 2018, 11:24 AM
Happy for RB! The SWAC powers that be should be more aggressive w/ athletic recruiting vs allowing TAG young adults to ride the pine for 3-4 years @ p5/g5 schools who ultimately exploit them for their talent. xreadx