PDA

View Full Version : Forum Problems Today

ursus arctos horribilis
February 2nd, 2018, 07:34 PM
We are having a few. Posting errors, not allowed to post, forum clock appears to be off by a full day. I am inquiring presently as to what is going on. I will updat ASAP.

Actual time of post is:

6:36 PM 2/3/2018

Compare that to what the post says it is.

BisonFan02
February 2nd, 2018, 09:18 PM
I blame the Russians and Michael J Fox.

administrator
February 3rd, 2018, 09:28 PM
server admin test.

Bisonoline
February 3rd, 2018, 09:28 PM
Errors The following errors occurred with your submission

This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between posts. Please try again in 72818 seconds.

Bisonoline
February 3rd, 2018, 09:29 PM
I blame the FBI and all of there FISA Bots.

ST_Lawson
February 3rd, 2018, 09:33 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--2Ngwpkt9--/zsruwxjowztpthb1fxo3.jpg

BisonFan02
February 3rd, 2018, 09:35 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--2Ngwpkt9--/zsruwxjowztpthb1fxo3.jpg

and Grand Forks, ND.

RichH2
February 3rd, 2018, 09:40 PM

This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between posts. Please try again in 72818 seconds.

Dang thats why my post kept bouncing.:)

ursus arctos horribilis
February 3rd, 2018, 09:40 PM
Hey fellers, I gave the server peops access and linked this thread to try and help with resolving this issue. As such, please try and keep it to specific problems you/we are having until this rough patch is over. I don't think it will help someone trying to wrench on the thing if we load er' up with our brand of humor and so forth.

Time is looking correct again on posts it appears.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 3rd, 2018, 09:41 PM
Dang thats why my post kept bouncing.:)

I've gotten pm's from probably 10 users now that they are also having the "time out" problem so it is a prevailing issue at present.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 3rd, 2018, 09:48 PM
Forum date and time problem is fixed. I don't know why this is all happening this week but I assume they have moved us to some new servers. This is the message I got on the problem ticket.

I have synced the server time with the NTP servers

BisonTru
February 3rd, 2018, 09:55 PM
This same thing happened the other day. I thought I sent a PM about it, but maybe not.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 3rd, 2018, 09:57 PM

JESUS, that is the highest one I've seen! xlolx How were you able to post that without waiting the 72k?

Can any of these users post now btw?

BisonTru
JSUSoutherner
grizband
Smitty
BisonTru
grizband
bonarae

ursus arctos horribilis
February 3rd, 2018, 09:58 PM
This same thing happened the other day. I thought I sent a PM about it, but maybe not.

First pm I got from you was today. It looks like you are able to post again. Are you still getting any errors?

BisonFan02
February 3rd, 2018, 10:01 PM
JESUS, that is the highest one I've seen! xlolx How were you able to post that without waiting the 72k?

BisonTru
JSUSoutherner
grizband
Smitty
BisonTru
grizband
bonarae

Don't worry....I can still post. :D

BisonTru
February 3rd, 2018, 10:02 PM
First pm I got from you was today. It looks like you are able to post again. Are you still getting any errors?

Yep. It's working now.

JSUSoutherner
February 3rd, 2018, 10:07 PM
Test

IM BACK!

JSUSoutherner
February 3rd, 2018, 10:09 PM
Hey fellers, I gave the server peops access and linked this thread to try and help with resolving this issue. As such, please try and keep it to specific problems you/we are having until this rough patch is over. I don't think it will help someone trying to wrench on the thing if we load er' up with our brand of humor and so forth.

Time is looking correct again on posts it appears.

This was my issue.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180204/6d940c5fb666700066a2fde97cdf2e47.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180204/d161c6109abbfc3e2fe6852ce04065b1.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
February 3rd, 2018, 10:13 PM
Don't worry....I can still post. :D

Well thank God.

BisonFan02
February 3rd, 2018, 10:14 PM
Well thank God.

I know, right? xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
February 3rd, 2018, 10:15 PM
Ok, good news all around if the time/date thing was the porblem for you all...it appears.

BisonFan02
February 4th, 2018, 12:42 AM
Its happening again........

ursus arctos horribilis
February 4th, 2018, 01:27 AM
12:29 AM 2/5/2018

ursus arctos horribilis
February 4th, 2018, 01:29 AM

2nd attempt

ursus arctos horribilis
February 4th, 2018, 01:29 AM

2nd attempt

grizband
February 4th, 2018, 01:36 AM

BisonTru
JSUSoutherner
grizband
Smitty
BisonTru
grizband
bonarae
I can post now, Ursus; thanks!

bonarae
February 4th, 2018, 02:39 AM
I can post now :)

ElCid
February 4th, 2018, 06:53 AM
Yeah first time I saw the 72K minute wait, I was sure Ursus was mad at me for something.xlolx

POD Knows
February 4th, 2018, 07:36 AM
Don't worry....I can still post. :DI couldn't post last night, I figured maybe I was banned or something. The time of the post looks to be incorrect though

Paladin1aa
February 4th, 2018, 09:37 AM
Very slow logging on, testing posting now

Paladin1aa
February 4th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Posting very slow

BisonTru
February 4th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Yeah first time I saw the 72K minute wait, I was sure Ursus was mad at me for something.xlolx

I couldn't post last night, I figured maybe I was banned or something. The time of the post looks to be incorrect though

xlolx I thought the same thing. Did I get put on the Pud program? Then I saw the website activity just died all of a sudden for everyone it seemed. Maybe we all got put on the Pud program? New name ursus's "17 hours of sanity."

ElCid
February 4th, 2018, 11:51 AM
xlolx I thought the same thing. Did I get put on the Pud program? Then I saw the website activity just died all of a sudden for everyone it seemed. Maybe we all got put on the Pud program? New name ursus's "17 hours of sanity."

We do think alike on some things. That was my first thought.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 4th, 2018, 05:15 PM
Those who are having a very slow experience with their browsers, and for that matter those that are not, if you could please post up some info. to help figure this part out I would really appreciate this.

For instance my response to this thread would be:

Firefox - very slow

Firefox in "Private browsing" mode - runs normally.

I've also use Chrome to test - Regular speed.

Thie posting time out thing is aparently fixed but as per this thread in the "comments" forrum we are still having some wiht FFirefox problems. Read for your background on the matter here.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?199846-Database-Errors-Cropping-Up-Today

If you are having trouble please be clear and concise with what you are using as far as browser and quantify how slow it is if you could. At that point you can try logging out of AGS and then back in as this will clear your board cookies. You should also try and clear your cache & cookies and see if this helps. If it does then please repost any progress.

I need some ifnormation help from you guys to give the server company to go on here.

BTW, nobody, and I mean nobody, will ever be "f'd with" by ursus without them knowing full well, in advance that it is coming. xlolx

Bisonoline
February 4th, 2018, 05:37 PM
Fire fox slow
Going back one page to home slow
Going forward time delay also

Paladin1aa
February 4th, 2018, 07:32 PM
Testing

dewey
February 4th, 2018, 09:21 PM
Testing.

Edit...No issues at all.

Dewey

Bisonoline
February 4th, 2018, 09:24 PM
Takes 3-4 seconds for pages to change

ST_Lawson
February 4th, 2018, 10:10 PM
Very unscientific test, but loading page 3 of this thread on the four browsers I have installed at home:
Firefox 58.01 (32 bit) - approximately 1.2 seconds
Chrome 64.0.3282.140 (Beta Channel, 64 bit) - approximately 1.6 seconds
Edge 41.16299.15.0 - approximately 2.2 seconds
Internet Explorer 11.192.16299.0 - approximately 3.0 seconds

Numbers are approximate, if you really want to do accurate timing, you need to do something like this: https://hacks.mozilla.org/2017/11/comparing-browser-page-load-time-an-introduction-to-methodology/
But hopefully that gives you a starting point.

I can provide computer specs if needed (my SSD is pretty quick, so that could make a difference depending on how various browsers handle caching).

ursus arctos horribilis
February 4th, 2018, 11:45 PM
Testing

Testing.

Edit...No issues at all.

Dewey

Guys that is good news if it is working but specifically what will maybe help me is telling what you are using for browsers etc.

I appreciate the input from all and thanks for the ultra test ST. I also have SSD and it is normally lightning quick but I am having reg. FF take minutes...and I mean several to load a page sometimes. It never gives me a timeout or anything it just takes forever...unless I am in a private window.

Bisonoline
February 4th, 2018, 11:53 PM
Ok---switched to IE. All other sites no problem and were pretty fast. Here real slow.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 4th, 2018, 11:58 PM
Ok---switched to IE. All other sites no problem and were pretty fast. Here real slow.

Just can't figure why it is fast and normal for some, slow as hell for others. What is your idea in seconds for slow btw.

Let's go with as a standard for right now:

Slow - 3 to 5 seconds
Really slow 6-10 seconds
You gotta be f'n kidding me! 11-30 seconds
Cartman "Screw you guys, I'm outta here!" 30 seconds +

dewey
February 5th, 2018, 06:39 AM
Just can't figure why it is fast and normal for some, slow as hell for others. What is your idea in seconds for slow btw.

Let's go with as a standard for right now:

Slow - 3 to 5 seconds
Really slow 6-10 seconds
You gotta be f'n kidding me! 11-30 seconds
Cartman "Screw you guys, I'm outta here!" 30 seconds +

I am using Google Chrome on my phone.

Edit...The post was made in less than a second or two. Absolutely no difference then normal for me.

Dewey

clenz
February 5th, 2018, 08:00 AM
Tapatalk is normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
February 5th, 2018, 08:14 AM
Running around here on Safari hasn’t changed. Only issue I had was the 75,000 second thing.

clenz
February 5th, 2018, 08:24 AM
AGS from Chrome on my iphoneX is mostly normal. I don’t usually use a mobile browser so I don’t have a true baseline to compare too. Everything loads in less than 2 or 3 seconds. The main content loads almost instantly but it may take another second or two for the page to finish its full load procedure.

clenz
February 5th, 2018, 08:40 AM
Safari on my phone is a bit slower but same basic thing. Almost everything loads within a half second or so. The page doesn’t stop loading for a few more seconds but I can browse and post as normal during that time as everything front end appears loaded.

Bisonator
February 5th, 2018, 09:30 AM
This is a test. This is only a test. THERE ARE NO INCOMING MISSILES PEOPLE!

- - - Updated - - -

Everything appears to be working fine for me (Windows 10 and Chrome) and it's fast.:D

ElCid
February 5th, 2018, 10:17 AM
Worked fine and fast last night with chrome and IE until about 1100-1200 and it locked up with the 75000 second thing. Worked fine again in the morning.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 5th, 2018, 11:56 AM
Worked fine and fast last night with chrome and IE until about 1100-1200 and it locked up with the 75000 second thing. Worked fine again in the morning.

Yeah, I got a couple notes late on the same issue which is an issue where the server is getting set back one full day. I've made a couple of posts stating the correct time and checking it against the forum clock. Don't know why the **** this has happened 3 times this last week but it is pissing me off plenty.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 5th, 2018, 12:03 PM

Check out the date stamp on the post late last night...buried it back a whole day. I posted the actual time in the post.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?201275-Forum-Problems-Today&p=2609428&viewfull=1#post2609428

Winterborn
February 5th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Working fine for me today on IE and Chrome. Had major issues on Friday with pages not loading or timing out (IE). Cartman level of slow.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 5th, 2018, 03:20 PM
Working fine for me today on IE and Chrome. Had major issues on Friday with pages not loading or timing out (IE). Cartman level of slow.

IE has been a bad browser for vbulletin for years cuz they seemed to drag behind whenever a new vb update was done I would get lots of pm's from IE users and there was nothing I could do about it. This latest one seemed to have been mostly all FF users though and Chrome was fairly unaffected. I'm talking about the issue outside of the time/date issue that screwed everyone that is.

Everything on FF fro me has been beyond Cartman for the last 4-5 days but I did clear out cache/cookies this morning and it is way better but not quite as quick as before at this point. I expect it to be a little slow since the cleaning though and it is taking about 3-5 seconds at this point.

BisonTru
February 5th, 2018, 03:35 PM
It was working kinda slow on Chrome about a week ago. I didn't say anything cuz I was just thankful I was off the Pud list. xlolx It's been working fine since tho.

Tried FF this morning it's moderately slow. Like the slow you would come to expect if you were using IE.

administrator
February 6th, 2018, 05:21 PM
Testing posting issue fix.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 7th, 2018, 12:38 PM
So I am assuming we have not had issues with denial of posting abilities the last few days and if you have please pm me....since you can't post if that be the case.

I think it is fixed is the gist of it.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 8th, 2018, 12:02 PM
Last bump to see if any issues persist for anyone.

Bisonoline
February 8th, 2018, 05:53 PM
Last bump to see if any issues persist for anyone.

Im having a 3 second lag when moving to different pages.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 10th, 2018, 07:20 PM
Im having a 3 second lag when moving to different pages.

Have you dumped all cookies and cache?

Logged out an then back in?

You have this problem no matter which browser it is still? I was only having that on FF which meant it was in my personal arena and something I needed to clear out. I dumped everything and now FF is as fast as it was before.

Sorry to repeat questions but want to see if this has all been done because I really don't have any other answers to speed things up since it is fairly normal it appears with everyone (?) else.

Bisonoline
February 10th, 2018, 08:52 PM
Have you dumped all cookies and cache?

Logged out an then back in?

You have this problem no matter which browser it is still? I was only having that on FF which meant it was in my personal arena and something I needed to clear out. I dumped everything and now FF is as fast as it was before.

Sorry to repeat questions but want to see if this has all been done because I really don't have any other answers to speed things up since it is fairly normal it appears with everyone (?) else.

Did everything you requested. IE is faster than FF.

I will say that before the issues of this last week you could skip through the pages pretty quickly using FF. For some reason there is still a lag. Its not really terrible but it is notice able. Right at 4 seconds. Ive been timing it.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 10th, 2018, 11:10 PM
Did everything you requested. IE is faster than FF.

I will say that before the issues of this last week you could skip through the pages pretty quickly using FF. For some reason there is still a lag. Its not really terrible but it is notice able. Right at 4 seconds. Ive been timing it.

Yeah, that is about what mine is too most of the time. Sometimes when a browser updates it is a bit screwy for a while though. Lots of people were having trouble with Chrome about 6 months or a year ago after one of their updates and Chrome had to rush and fix it and anyone that didn't update again was stuck with trouble for a spell here on AGS (Alf) until they got ahold of the thread explaining the way out of it.

If you JUST NOW did all that stuff then it is going to pick up speed as you browse the forum though as it will be rebuilding it's page memories as it has to do with photo's and other things as well.

Bisonoline
February 11th, 2018, 12:02 AM
Yeah, that is about what mine is too most of the time. Sometimes when a browser updates it is a bit screwy for a while though. Lots of people were having trouble with Chrome about 6 months or a year ago after one of their updates and Chrome had to rush and fix it and anyone that didn't update again was stuck with trouble for a spell here on AGS (Alf) until they got ahold of the thread explaining the way out of it.

If you JUST NOW did all that stuff then it is going to pick up speed as you browse the forum though as it will be rebuilding it's page memories as it has to do with photo's and other things as well.

xthumbsupx

BEAR
February 14th, 2018, 08:38 AM
Issues again with the board. I just posted on the SLC thread and it moved my post back several spots.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 14th, 2018, 10:26 AM
post time.

10:00 AM 2/15/2018

ursus arctos horribilis
February 14th, 2018, 10:26 AM
post time.

10:00 AM 2/15/2018

Smitty
February 14th, 2018, 10:39 AM
I have had some "timeout" problems today but in checking it hasn't seemed to have been a problem a few others. Anyone else have that trouble today?

It depends on when today is...

Current time 12:13pm 2/15/18
Forum time 11:39am 2/14/18

ursus arctos horribilis
February 14th, 2018, 04:59 PM
I have had some "timeout" problems today but in checking it hasn't seemed to have been a problem a few others. Anyone else have that trouble today?

TheKingpin28
February 14th, 2018, 05:44 PM

I had it on Tapatalk today

Bisonator
February 14th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Yes I had it work today. I actually had to work today......xmadx

Bisonoline
February 14th, 2018, 06:25 PM

I did and I was using my phone.

PAllen
February 14th, 2018, 07:55 PM

Yup, had it this afternoon.

Tuna85
February 14th, 2018, 08:05 PM
This afternoon.

Thumper 76
February 14th, 2018, 08:30 PM

Yeah I did on my iPhone with Tapatalk, Safari, and Chrome this afternoon.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 15th, 2018, 12:01 PM
We all just hopped into the wayback machine again. This **** is really starting to get to me.

Southern Bison
February 15th, 2018, 12:33 PM
We all just hopped into the wayback machine again.

There are weight & hairline jokes for the AGS crowd based on that comment...

ursus arctos horribilis
February 15th, 2018, 01:59 PM
Post for Gary.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 15th, 2018, 02:28 PM
OK folks, here is the deal. AGS will be moved to a new server tonight at about 9p Pacific.

Yesterday a DOS attack on the servers was happening apparently so it is the explanation for yesterday afternoon's occurrence.

On the time shifting thing we don't have much of an explanation on that one at this point. It will take a bit for the new site to propogate I suppose so it may be a bit slower tomorrow after move but not sure on any of that...just saying thinks could be less than ideal for a day but who knos cuz sometimes this goes fairly painlessly.

Winterborn
February 15th, 2018, 03:38 PM
OK folks, here is the deal. AGS will be moved to a new server tonight at about 9p Pacific.

Yesterday a DOS attack on the servers was happening apparently so it is the explanation for yesterday afternoon's occurrence.

On the time shifting thing we don't have much of an explanation on that one at this point. It will take a bit for the new site to propogate I suppose so it may be a bit slower tomorrow after move but not sure on any of that...just saying thinks could be less than ideal for a day but who knos cuz sometimes this goes fairly painlessly.

Must be the Europeans. They didn't like our American definition of the word "football". ;)

ursus arctos horribilis
February 15th, 2018, 07:16 PM
Must be the Europeans. They didn't like our American definition of the word "football". ;)

It was actually on the entire shared server and not just for us here from what I understand but I don't mind blaming them either.:D

Bisonoline
February 15th, 2018, 08:31 PM
Damn Russians my computer has locked down 3 times on this site today. No problems on other sites.

TheKingpin28
February 16th, 2018, 08:46 AM
Tapatalk is still trash on my end so I have to use my computer.

RichH2
February 16th, 2018, 09:51 AM

Deleted tapatalk. I just use full site on phone. Works fine.

MR. CHICKEN
February 16th, 2018, 11:09 AM
.....IT'S NOW LIGHTNIN'.....FAST......xsmileyclapx.......AWK!

ursus arctos horribilis
February 16th, 2018, 11:54 AM

Tapatalk is used by many for sure but the thing always has troubles...well I should say periodically has troubles because when some little thing changes Tapa doesn't seem to work efficiently and as many times as I've looked into fixing it there just doesn't seem to be much I can do for it.

The site does have it's own phone skin that one can select at the bottom of the page on the full site but I know many like the way tapa looks so it ain't a favorite for those peops.

Glad you mentioned it, as should oth4ers though because it is something I can inquire about and see if there is a solution but Tapa usually fixes it's own problems in a few days from what I've seen.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 16th, 2018, 11:55 AM
.....IT'S NOW LIGHTNIN'.....FAST......xsmileyclapx.......AWK!

Yeah, it is way better now for sure in just a few minutes on the site today.

TheKingpin28
February 16th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Tapatalk is used by many for sure but the thing always has troubles...well I should say periodically has troubles because when some little thing changes Tapa doesn't seem to work efficiently and as many times as I've looked into fixing it there just doesn't seem to be much I can do for it.

The site does have it's own phone skin that one can select at the bottom of the page on the full site but I know many like the way tapa looks so it ain't a favorite for those peops.

Glad you mentioned it, as should oth4ers though because it is something I can inquire about and see if there is a solution but Tapa usually fixes it's own problems in a few days from what I've seen.It works fine now. The only reason I use this is for the phone but the actual website I use for the computer and if I tried the "mobile skin " for it, it would throw me off completely. I enjoy how tapatalk let's you know when someone quotes your post and I can save favorite threads so if there is something that has peaked my interest, I have easier access to.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

BisonBacker
February 16th, 2018, 12:03 PM

Did you see my post in the comments suggestion thread about editing and saving an edited post?

ursus arctos horribilis
February 16th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Did you see my post in the comments suggestion thread about editing and saving an edited post?

No brother I'm sorry I haven't gotten the whole board combed over just yet but I will go look right now.

BisonBacker
February 16th, 2018, 12:25 PM
No brother I'm sorry I haven't gotten the whole board combed over just yet but I will go look right now.
Hey no worries I know you are busy. Was more of just an FYI for ya. xthumbsupx

BEAR
February 19th, 2018, 09:42 AM

Hey Ursus, if you need funds to keep this board up, let the community know. Post a giving link again. You do a GREAT job and we all appreciate it and we know it costs. xbowx

BisonTru
February 19th, 2018, 12:56 PM
It works fine now. The only reason I use this is for the phone but the actual website I use for the computer and if I tried the "mobile skin " for it, it would throw me off completely. I enjoy how tapatalk let's you know when someone quotes your post and I can save favorite threads so if there is something that has peaked my interest, I have easier access to.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

This...

If I have issues on Tapa I'll usually check the regular AGS website. If it's working fine in the browser it's usually a tapa issue. Tapa usually sorts out there issues pretty quick tho.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 19th, 2018, 01:10 PM
Hey Ursus, if you need funds to keep this board up, let the community know. Post a giving link again. You do a GREAT job and we all appreciate it and we know it costs. xbowx

Thanks man, I already that last month though so I'm done pushing it for the year and the users do a great job of helping shoulder the load etc.