PDA

View Full Version : Colgate Athletic Director Vicky Chun to be AD at Yale

Go...gate
February 1st, 2018, 01:14 AM
Chun has done an outstanding job at Colgate and will be missed.

https://www.nhregister.com/colleges/article/Yale-set-to-introduce-Colgate-s-Vicky-Chun-as-12541204.php?utm_campaign=fb-desktop&utm_source=CMS+Sharing+Button&utm_medium=social

The Boogie Down
February 1st, 2018, 08:42 AM
Chun has done an outstanding job at Colgate and will be missed.

https://www.nhregister.com/colleges/article/Yale-set-to-introduce-Colgate-s-Vicky-Chun-as-12541204.php?utm_campaign=fb-desktop&utm_source=CMS+Sharing+Button&utm_medium=social

Could mean more Colgate/Yale showdowns. Gridiron and ice.

Serpentor
February 1st, 2018, 10:12 AM
When will the media investigate the Toothpaste to Whiffenpoof pipeline?

PAllen
February 1st, 2018, 10:25 AM
Good for Yale. Could be very bad for Colgate. Any idea on a possible replacement?

TheValleyRaider
February 1st, 2018, 04:21 PM
Tough loss for us, but I hope she does well there. Lots of good in Hamilton, that's for sure.

It will be interesting to see what direction they go in for the search. Of the last 3 ADs, two were alums (Chun and Mark Murphy) and well-liked at the school, while the third, Dave Roach, was an outsider and less popular. Doesn't need to be a grad to be good for the job, but I wonder if there are any good alumni options.

Could mean more Colgate/Yale showdowns. Gridiron and ice.

Could see more football games, but we're already in the same conference for hockey

Son of Eli
February 1st, 2018, 07:28 PM
From Yale's Website:

"At the national level, Chun has been an advocate for excellence in intercollegiate sports. One of only 40 members of the NCAA Division I Council, she also serves as vice-chair of the NCAA Division I Football Oversight Committee and on the newly created Division I Football Competition Committee."

I hope Ms. Chun utizes her influence at the NCAA to get the Ivy League equal bowl counter status with FCS teams that offer athletic scholarships so that Yale can once again schedule historic FBS rivals such as Army and Uconn.

PAllen
February 1st, 2018, 10:23 PM
From Yale's Website:

"At the national level, Chun has been an advocate for excellence in intercollegiate sports. One of only 40 members of the NCAA Division I Council, she also serves as vice-chair of the NCAA Division I Football Oversight Committee and on the newly created Division I Football Competition Committee."

I hope Ms. Chun utizes her influence at the NCAA to get the Ivy League equal bowl counter status with FCS teams that offer athletic scholarships so that Yale can once again schedule historic FBS rivals such as Army and Uconn.

That whole bowl counter thing is a joke. Like there's any difference between UCLA playing Cal Poly vs playing Butler.

BucBisonAtLarge
February 1st, 2018, 10:29 PM
Bucknell is also in the AD search, John Hardt having departed for Richmond.

Twentysix
February 1st, 2018, 10:54 PM
That whole bowl counter thing is a joke. Like there's any difference between UCLA playing Cal Poly vs playing Butler.Is there a difference between Minnesota playing Butler or Minnesota playing NDSU?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Go Green
February 2nd, 2018, 09:37 AM
That whole bowl counter thing is a joke. Like there's any difference between UCLA playing Cal Poly vs playing Butler.

Absolutely agreed.

But someone from the Ivy has to actually make that argument. And more to the point, it has to be someone from Harvard or Yale. The rest of us are just along for the ride...

Thus far, neither Harvard nor Yale has said anything. Hopefully Ms. Chun can get things going...

PAllen
February 2nd, 2018, 11:27 AM
Is there a difference between Minnesota playing Butler or Minnesota playing NDSU?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Yes, but it's the same difference as playing Indiana St. vs playing NDSU