PDA

View Full Version : Kill Returns to Southern Illinois

grizband
January 31st, 2018, 09:46 PM
Jerry Kill returning to Southern Illinois as "an ambassador for the school."
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22271711/jerry-kill-retired-coaching-due-epilepsy-returning-southern-illinois-ambassador

VandalBasher
February 1st, 2018, 08:57 AM
Such a great college coach. He is cut from the same cloth as Bill Snyder and Craig Bohl.

skinny_uncle
February 1st, 2018, 09:21 AM
About time he came home.

katss07
February 1st, 2018, 11:38 AM
Congrats SIU fans! This guy is a great football mind. Hope to see you Salukis do well in the MVFC.

JayJ79
February 1st, 2018, 05:01 PM
he took to five straight Football Championship Subdivision title games.
I don't remember SIU being in any I-AA or FCS title games when Kill was there, let alone 5 straight.
They won the championship in '83, but that was before his tenure.

Don't get me wrong, Kill is a great coach, but whoever wrote that article is not a great researcher.

The Salukis did make 5 straight playoff appearances in Coach Kill's last 5 years there, but there is a big difference between making the playoffs and making the title game.

Houndawg
February 11th, 2018, 05:03 PM
I don't remember SIU being in any I-AA or FCS title games when Kill was there, let alone 5 straight.
They won the championship in '83, but that was before his tenure.

Don't get me wrong, Kill is a great coach, but whoever wrote that article is not a great researcher.

The Salukis did make 5 straight playoff appearances in Coach Kill's last 5 years there, but there is a big difference between making the playoffs and making the title game.

Their deepest run was a 20-17 loss to Flacco in the semis I think, with a Hill TD pass called back for lineman downfield

Laker
February 12th, 2018, 11:15 AM
Kill is a great guy, met him when he was coaching the Gophers. Too bad that his coaching career was cut short.

Houndawg
April 16th, 2018, 06:28 PM
Kill is a great guy, met him when he was coaching the Gophers. Too bad that his coaching career was cut short.

He'll eat steak every night in Southern Illinois