PDA

View Full Version : A request to all I-AA fans -- EA NCAA06

DuckDuckGriz
July 20th, 2005, 01:05 AM
I am creating an 85-90% I-AA league with a few lower level I-A teams or former I-AAs (Idaho, FAU, etc).

I will raise the rankings on each player on I-AAs by 20 so they have the most success. But first I need to edit the rosters.

Can you please give me your teams updated 2005 roster or the most recent?

Also the teams I created:

North Dakota State
South Dakota State
Cal Poly
Northern Colorado
UC Davis
Colgate
Southern Utah
Coastal Carolina
Gardner-Webb
Liberty

Thanks -- if I can figure out how to copy what I've done to other memory cards, I can send these to people for only the cost of shipping -- if they send me their memory card.

TexasTerror
July 20th, 2005, 06:49 AM
SHSU:
http://bearkats.shsu.edu/football/roster.html

ISUMatt
July 20th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Illinois State:

http://www.redbirds.org/FB/Roster.shtml

Brent
July 20th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Texas State Bobcats

2005 Texas State Football Roster (http://txstatebobcats.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/txst-m-footbl-mtt.html)

colgate13
July 20th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Colgate:

http://athletics.colgate.edu/Football/2005%20Roster.htm

The Gadfly
July 20th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Coastal's is n/a yet.

Coastal's Roster (http://www.goccusports.com/football/?tool=roster&season=32)

ChiefGSU275
July 20th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Georgia Southern University:

http://athletics.georgiasouthern.edu/sports/football/roster.php

That is a great idea, but I will warn you, it takes a LOOONG time to enter in all the information. I did GSU's the other night, and it took about an hour or so, mainly because I was trying to match all the players with their correct height and weight figures that were already in the game. Some of the numbers werent right, though, and I found that some of our key players arent even in the game!!

Lehigh Football Nation
July 20th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Lehigh's:

http://www.lehighsports.com/sports/football/rosters/

Is this for the XBox or Playstation?

How does this work? Taking teams out of (say) the Big XII and putting in (say) the Atlantic "12" in its place? Is it a BCS format? I guess this is a plea for more details on how/what you're doing...

blackfordpu
July 20th, 2005, 01:49 PM
I am creating an 85-90% I-AA league with a few lower level I-A teams or former I-AAs (Idaho, FAU, etc).

I will raise the rankings on each player on I-AAs by 20 so they have the most success. But first I need to edit the rosters.

Can you please give me your teams updated 2005 roster or the most recent?

Also the teams I created:

North Dakota State
South Dakota State
Cal Poly
Northern Colorado
UC Davis
Colgate
Southern Utah
Coastal Carolina
Gardner-Webb
Liberty

Thanks -- if I can figure out how to copy what I've done to other memory cards, I can send these to people for only the cost of shipping -- if they send me their memory card.

I believe you can update the rosters online either with Xbox live or PS2 online.

JMU Duke Dog
July 20th, 2005, 01:53 PM
JMU's 2005 Football Roster:
http://www.jmusports.com/Team/Players/2_Roster.asp?TeamID=2

cosmo here
July 20th, 2005, 02:02 PM
I already put together Lafayette's roster - you may want to edit some of the rankings down but it's pretty user friendly. I'll finish putting it into Excel tonight. E-mail me at [email protected] with your address and I'll get it out to you.

blur2005
July 20th, 2005, 03:15 PM
That is a great idea, but I will warn you, it takes a LOOONG time to enter in all the information. I did GSU's the other night, and it took about an hour or so, mainly because I was trying to match all the players with their correct height and weight figures that were already in the game. Some of the numbers werent right, though, and I found that some of our key players arent even in the game!!

HAHAHA, you have no idea...Try doing every player about 70 or better in all of I-A...then you'll know tedious. Yeah, that's right, I did that. Took about five days of extreme effort, but I'm done, and now dynsasty mode is a lot more fun. Plus, I despise playing with "CB #3." It's just stupid. I say pay college players for the right to use their names and save me all this trouble. :D

ChiefGSU275
July 20th, 2005, 04:17 PM
there is a website called www.fkrosters.com, and you can download all the rosters for 1-A teams onto an Action Replay, which is essentially a memory card. Then you plug it into your xbox, and voila, you have all the rosters. It is free to use, but they do ask for donations, if you know what I mean. I dont know if they do 1-AA rosters or not. I Think there is another website similar to that, www.psxzone.com or something like that.

DuckDuckGriz
July 20th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Lehigh's:

http://www.lehighsports.com/sports/football/rosters/

Is this for the XBox or Playstation?

How does this work? Taking teams out of (say) the Big XII and putting in (say) the Atlantic "12" in its place? Is it a BCS format? I guess this is a plea for more details on how/what you're doing...

This is for PlayStation. I've done it before but not with the correct rosters. Basically I replace all the BCS leagues with the I-AA playoff conferences -- closest to their region. For example the Big Sky goes into the Pac 10 (I have to add Northern Colorado early and bring in Cal Poly). The Southland goes into the Big XII, the Atlantic 10 usually goes into the ACC or Big East, the Southern in the SEC, Gateway in the Big X and so on.

I also try to replace the rival schools with eachother. For example Montana and Montana State replace Washington and Washington State so they play eachother at the end of the season.

I also create as many I-AA teams that aren't on as will allow. These go into non-BCS leagues as well. All the Great West, and a few from the Patriot and Big South.

The SWAC teams go into non-BCS conferences. They aren't regionally accurate, for instance I often use the Mountain West, Conf USA, and Sun Belt. This is where I usually leave some of the lower level I-As in like FAU, FIU, Idaho, etc. It's great also because I can still play the Montana-Idaho rivalry. I do however fill in some of the conferences like the Southland, with teams like Southern and Grambling.

I will increase each players ratings by 15, and decrease the I-As left in by 10. That way the top 25 is mostly or all I-AA teams.

This does take quite awhile, and with the amount I am working I predict about 2 weeks at the least. I am not so worried about getting all the correct starters on the I-AA rosters, but I want them to be mostly accurate. I will also give the Payton candidates 99 rankings as if they were Heisman candidates.

Thanks again for your help. If anyone knows a way I can copy this, because I've heard that it's possible, let me know.

Pantherpower
July 20th, 2005, 08:58 PM
The UNI Panthers, at your service :) http://unipanthers.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/niwa-m-footbl-mtt.html (http://)

Lehigh Football Nation
July 20th, 2005, 09:57 PM
May I suggest that the Big XII be subsituted by the A-10 - simply because the structure of the league fits the A-10 perfectly (2 6-team divisions, called North and South).

The "Big 11" would pose the biggest challenge IMO in converting - my choice would be the SoCon -- 8 teams + adding Coastal, G-W, and VMI.

An interesting one would be the SEC -- you could put in the Gateway + NDSU, SDSU, and for the final teams, how about Drake and Liberty?

Just a few random thoughts.

ChiefGSU275
July 20th, 2005, 10:14 PM
The hard part is definitely finding which conferences you can put in which other conferences. Those are good suggestions, though. Keep em coming.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 20th, 2005, 11:08 PM
More random thoughts:

ACC (12 Teams) -- Southland (7 teams) + Grambling, Southern, Alabama St., Alabama A&M, and Alcorn St.

C-USA (12 teams) -- OVC (9 Teams) + Austin Peay Early + Dayton + Butler

Pac-10 (10 Teams) -- same as was mentioned - Big Sky + NoCo Early + Cal Poly

Big East (8 Teams) -- Patriot League (7 teams) + Duquesne

Sun Belt (8 Teams) -- Ivy League (8 Teams)

WAC (9 Teams) -- MEAC (9 Teams)

Teams that are left? All of the NEC (8 Teams), some MAAC (4), some Pioneer (5), some SWAC (5), UC-Davis, Southern Utah, Charleston Southern, and Savannah St.

I'd love to see UC Davis and SUU in there, but there's no real good conference to put them in - maybe the Southland? You could subtract Alabama A&M and Alcorn St. But personally I like my "true" Southland conference better with the extra Mississippi and Louisiana teams.

ChiefGSU275
July 21st, 2005, 12:05 AM
I began working on the Create-a-School feature, adding Coastal Carolina and Gardner Webb. It takes alot of work to make it accurate, and alot of the information is hard to find, such as what end of the stadium has the scoreboard, what the background of the stadium is, etc.

DuckDuckGriz
July 21st, 2005, 12:52 AM
More random thoughts:

ACC (12 Teams) -- Southland (7 teams) + Grambling, Southern, Alabama St., Alabama A&M, and Alcorn St.

C-USA (12 teams) -- OVC (9 Teams) + Austin Peay Early + Dayton + Butler

Pac-10 (10 Teams) -- same as was mentioned - Big Sky + NoCo Early + Cal Poly

Big East (8 Teams) -- Patriot League (7 teams) + Duquesne

Sun Belt (8 Teams) -- Ivy League (8 Teams)

WAC (9 Teams) -- MEAC (9 Teams)

Teams that are left? All of the NEC (8 Teams), some MAAC (4), some Pioneer (5), some SWAC (5), UC-Davis, Southern Utah, Charleston Southern, and Savannah St.

I'd love to see UC Davis and SUU in there, but there's no real good conference to put them in - maybe the Southland? You could subtract Alabama A&M and Alcorn St. But personally I like my "true" Southland conference better with the extra Mississippi and Louisiana teams.

Those are really good suggestions. What would you do with the OVC though other than putting it into the CUSA to keep it BCS eligible?

Really though what you suggested makes alot of sense. :cool:

Lehigh Football Nation
July 21st, 2005, 01:50 AM
Those are really good suggestions. What would you do with the OVC though other than putting it into the CUSA to keep it BCS eligible?

Really though what you suggested makes alot of sense. :cool:

Thanks. Almost makes it worth it being up this late at night working... :P

You could also do this, if you want to get rid of all the mid-majors instead of Duquesne:

Big XI -- OVC (9) + Austin Peay Early + Liberty
SEC - Socon (8) + Charleston Southern + Coastal + VMI + G-W
C-USA -- Gateway (8) + NDSU + SDSU + SUU + Cal-Davis

I like this combo. With the MAC, you could make a conference of former I-AA teams (Troy, Marshall, UL-Lf, FAU, FIU.... 12 slots, so plenty of teams...)

And with the last conference (Mountain West?), you could put in the mid-major Top 10 (minus Duquesne).

superbrett2000
July 21st, 2005, 02:14 AM
there is a website called www.fkrosters.com, and you can download all the rosters for 1-A teams onto an Action Replay, which is essentially a memory card. Then you plug it into your xbox, and voila, you have all the rosters. It is free to use, but they do ask for donations, if you know what I mean. I dont know if they do 1-AA rosters or not. I Think there is another website similar to that, www.psxzone.com or something like that.

There are I-AA rosters that fkrosters was hosting, but there were issues with the accuracy of them. The main guy doing it is working on I-AA rosters and seems quite committed to get them right. I ended up helping him out in finding Eastern Washington's rosters online. I told him about this site and to come on over cause I am sure there are many here that would be willing to help him find the rosters online.

ChiefGSU275
July 21st, 2005, 04:52 PM
Those are great suggestions for the conferences. I am going to go home tonight and play around with it and see what i can come up with. I will let you guys know how it is going.

ChiefGSU275
July 21st, 2005, 08:08 PM
There are alot of teams that would need to be created in order to make this work. Is there a limit to the number of teams you can create?

Also, a 1-A team has to stay in its original conference, you can only replace it with a 1-AA school, and not move it to another conference.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 21st, 2005, 09:35 PM
There are alot of teams that would need to be created in order to make this work. Is there a limit to the number of teams you can create?

Also, a 1-A team has to stay in its original conference, you can only replace it with a 1-AA school, and not move it to another conference.

Interesting. I don't know about upper limits, but since maybe trying to move I-A's is a futile exercise, let me try to fit the rest of the mids (and the other SWAC teams) into the existing framework:

26 remaining I-AA schools and 21 remaining conference teams.

Mountain West (9) -- NEC (8) + Marist (MAAC)
MAC (12) -- Pioneer (7, 9 - San Diego - Austin Peay) + 5 SWAC Teams

This is the kloogiest conference, but I think it's workable if you boot San Diego (which really doesn't even belong in the real Pioneer anyway).

North (6): Butler, Dayton, Drake, Valparaiso, Morehead St., Davidson
South (6): Jacksonville, Mississippi Valley St., PV A&M, Jackson St., Ar-PB, Tx-So

Independents: Savannah St., San Diego (Pioneer), Iona (MAAC), St. Peter's (MAAC), LaSalle (MAAC)

I don't like Davidson there - you could sub in LaSalle instead, making the MAC have true "north" and "south" divisions. There's lots of options, but for these remaining two conferences I tried to keep things as regional (and therefore realistic) as possible. I thought it best to represent the NEC and SWAC over the MAAC and Pioneer whenever possible.

ChiefGSU275
July 21st, 2005, 10:18 PM
Alright, since you have alot of free time (i guess?), go to the other thread i started that lists all the 1-AA teams in the game, and compile a list of teams that SHOULD be there that arent. Thanks!!

Lehigh Football Nation
July 21st, 2005, 10:45 PM
Alright, since you have alot of free time (i guess?), go to the other thread i started that lists all the 1-AA teams in the game, and compile a list of teams that SHOULD be there that arent. Thanks!!

LOL... not a lot of free time... just a computer job that allows me to (say) post on AGS and divvy up the conferences.

Kaduce
July 22nd, 2005, 04:47 AM
There are I-AA rosters that fkrosters was hosting, but there were issues with the accuracy of them. The main guy doing it is working on I-AA rosters and seems quite committed to get them right. I ended up helping him out in finding Eastern Washington's rosters online. I told him about this site and to come on over cause I am sure there are many here that would be willing to help him find the rosters online.

Brett, you need to check out EagSports.com buddy.

Cincy App
July 22nd, 2005, 06:11 AM
When setting up leagues in NCAA 06, I normally remove all the BCS conference teams but leave the non-BCS conferences. The "create-a-school" option helps but I don't have time to add many schools to create an all-IAA game nor do I care to add the non-scholarship I-AA's anyway. I did try to create Northern Colorado last night to add to the Big Sky Conference (which I have inserted into the PAC 10).

Anyway, with "create-a-school", I find that it does fine with the jerseys and pants but is very poor with team helmets. Any suggestions or comments regarding team helmets for the created schools?