PDA

View Full Version : GSU promotional video...

Baldy
July 20th, 2005, 12:50 AM
Check out the 2005 football ticket promo video...

http://www.4frontstudios.com/clients/GSU.html

colgate13
July 20th, 2005, 07:31 AM
That's a nice bit of work there. Some big dudes profiled!

eaglefan452
July 20th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Great video, I kinda wish it wasn't released this early, now I am full on pumped about football season and it is still about 6 weeks away.

Baldy
July 20th, 2005, 10:14 AM
A little background...

The BIG guy slingin' all the weights is Charrod Taylor, and at 25/26 yo and only a Junior, he's the old man on the team. Charrod joined the Navy straight out of high school and was on the USS Cole when it was bombed in Yemen. Right before the attack he was relieved from his station so he could go to the mess hall. The blast occurred while he was eating lunch, and the guy who relieved him was sitting at Charrod's desk and was killed.

Charrod's coming into the season as a virtual unknown. He'll be on the Buchanan list before the season is over, and be another walk-on who turned out to be an All-American.

Eagle_77
July 20th, 2005, 02:43 PM
I saw this last week. They are already showing it on the local Savannah TV channels. It looks very nice.

eaglefan452
July 20th, 2005, 04:59 PM
I wish they would show it in Atlanta sometime. You would think they would show it on CSS or FSS to promote GSU's games this season.

dungeonjoe
July 20th, 2005, 06:38 PM
I saw this last week. They are already showing it on the local Savannah TV channels. It looks very nice.

Great commercial-- how widespread will it be shown? Is there a tangible bump in ticket sales after it is shown (if GSU has done one before)?

GoGuins
July 20th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Aw, yet another reminder of "The Run". Looking at AP throwing our All-American safety (#1) Dwight Smiley aside like a ragdoll still makes me sick to this day ;)

Nice promo though

blueballs
July 21st, 2005, 10:37 AM
I love the multiple AP appearances!

There was a nice sample of some "old school" with Tracy Ham turning the corner on the option right before the AP sample.

Fordham
July 21st, 2005, 11:00 AM
that is pretty awesome

Eagle_77
July 21st, 2005, 11:32 AM
Great commercial-- how widespread will it be shown? Is there a tangible bump in ticket sales after it is shown (if GSU has done one before)?

Im not sure of how large the area is that these channels cover but they do cover large areas. Being that Savannah is so far from any other major cities it kinda meets half way between each big city. It covers nearly to Florida to the south of us and about half way to Macon and Augusta. Fairly large areas so should be several million people. They have done them in the past but none have been this good in my opinion. I hear that it will be airing in Atlanta but I have no facts on that.

DemiGS
July 21st, 2005, 03:37 PM
Is there any way to get that as a downloadable file??

eaglesrthe1
July 21st, 2005, 04:06 PM
This is the one that always makes my skin tingle. Shown before every game on the video board.

http://gssun1.cc.georgiasouthern.edu:8080/ramgen/webct/GRAD/ChampVid-eagle.rm

Tracy "You can't tackle smoke" Ham...was the man! Magic feet with a cannon for an arm.

DuckDuckGriz
July 21st, 2005, 05:22 PM
Wish I could see it :( Is there any way for us not so computer literate to view it in Windows instead of downloading Quicktime?

rokamortis
July 21st, 2005, 05:32 PM
This is the one that always makes my skin tingle. Shown before every game on the video board.

http://gssun1.cc.georgiasouthern.edu:8080/ramgen/webct/GRAD/ChampVid-eagle.rm

Tracy "You can't tackle smoke" Ham...was the man! Magic feet with a cannon for an arm.

That was great.

ChiefGSU275
July 21st, 2005, 05:42 PM
That video gets me so pumped that I am ready to jump onto the field and tackle somebody before each home game!!