PDA

View Full Version : 2018 NFLPA All-Star Game

ASU33
January 21st, 2018, 09:19 AM
Anybody tune in yesterday to watch this game on FS1. Nice FCS representation on the field yesterday.

SFA 93
January 21st, 2018, 05:58 PM
DE:#94 John Franklin SFA had TKL:7;TFL:1.0;QH:1;PD:1 int the game.

Bisonoline
January 21st, 2018, 06:11 PM
Anybody tune in yesterday to watch this game on FS1. Nice FCS representation on the field yesterday.

Yep I watched part of it.

I remember when these games were all about having the best kids playing to see whowould win. Now its all about evaluating potential NFL players. Since Ive wrapped my head around that premise Ive enjoyed these game a lot more.

smallcollegefbfan
January 23rd, 2018, 07:39 AM
Yep I watched part of it.

I remember when these games were all about having the best kids playing to see who would win. Now its all about evaluating potential NFL players. Since Ive wrapped my head around that premise Ive enjoyed these game a lot more.

You have to remember that the best players are NFL players. If a player is good enough to play in the NFL but did not do much in college it is because the coaches did not use them like they should. It happens sometimes. With that said, I do think the high level games like Shrine and Senior Bowl could do a better job of coordinating with the low level games and perhaps fill the back end rosters with top players from lower level games by trying to get more of those guys to play in them. For example, Lafayette LB Brandon Bryant should have been in CGS and Tropical Bowl as a safety to see if he could convert and if so then maybe he would be a good bump up for NFLPA or Shrine. He is not expected to be more than a tryout player but is a great college player who I would have liked to see in a lower level game and then move up. I think the Senior Bowl having like 15 FCS players is a bit too much and should have had more of them go to NFLPA or Shrine and then take the very best up by leaving say 10 open spots or so.

There was a time when you knew a FCS player going to the Senior Bowl meant he would get drafted and now you will see probably 30-40% of the FCS and D2 players in the Senior Bowl not even get drafted.