PDA

View Full Version : Who is your pick to win the FCS National Championship in 2018?

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 10th, 2018, 01:45 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/02/be/4d/02be4da8845d8ca057d003075ba86385--ndsu-bison-football-professional-logo.jpg

Make your pick and we will check back at the end of next season.

dewey
January 10th, 2018, 01:50 PM
NDSU

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
January 10th, 2018, 01:58 PM
Hail The Bison.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180110/190422ee5f790d4dda5b86a2f9acef8f.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
January 10th, 2018, 02:02 PM
VMI vs Miss Valley State

Daytripper
January 10th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Kennesaw State

Bison56
January 10th, 2018, 02:12 PM
NC A&T

Silenoz
January 10th, 2018, 02:49 PM
One of the two competent programs

KPSUL
January 10th, 2018, 02:54 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26923&stc=1

kdinva
January 10th, 2018, 03:05 PM
VMI vs Miss Valley State

MVSU would first have to decline a Playoff bid.....maybe Portland St....

BisonFan02
January 10th, 2018, 03:34 PM
UNI

Lion1983
January 10th, 2018, 03:39 PM
JJJJJACKSKONVVVVVILLLE STSTSTATE.

Gil Dobie
January 10th, 2018, 04:39 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/4d86beef68f7c80feabf15b07e20ffdd/tenor.gif?itemid=5551386

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 10th, 2018, 04:44 PM
NDSU -- 20 seniors back

Professor Chaos
January 10th, 2018, 04:55 PM
NDSU -- 20 seniors back
I said before the season that I thought the 2017 Bison had the most talent an NDSU team has had since 2013. Next year I think the talent level including the depth eclipses even what they had in 2013.

Injuries, complacency, etc can always derail talent and turn a team into less than the sum of it's parts but I'd say the 2018 Bison, with 7 regular season home games, are primed to be a top two seed in the playoffs again and if they get back to that point I'd think they have to be the favorite to win it all in Frisco again.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 10th, 2018, 05:07 PM
I said before the season that I thought the 2017 Bison had the most talent an NDSU team has had since 2013. Next year I think the talent level including the depth eclipses even what they had in 2013.

Injuries, complacency, etc can always derail talent and turn a team into less than the sum of it's parts but I'd say the 2018 Bison, with 7 regular season home games, are primed to be a top two seed in the playoffs again and if they get back to that point I'd think they have to be the favorite to win it all in Frisco again.

Ross Ugglem was on 1660 yesterday and he had some good points about next year's team;

The OOC schedule he said is going to be a cakewalk and at first I sort of disagreed but now thinking about it I agree. No way a one-dimensional Poly team hangs with the Bison...no way. North Alabama? Transitional FCS team gets pounded. Delaware? They might be trending up but the Bison rout them at home.

The conference schedule takes off Indiana State and adds SIU.

SDSU - They take a big step back IMO
UNI - UNI always plays us tough but can they beat a loaded Bison team next year?
WIU - Played the Bison tough this year but can they do it again?
Ill State - Doesn't play well in the FD.
USD - I think they do not replicate this year's team w/o Streveler.
YSU - They take a big step back. Plus it is a home game.
MSU - No
SIU - Last home game....No.

11-0 is a definite possibility. Now injuries happen like this year but even with all of the injuries the Bison still won the NC. Menard - Radunz - Marlette coming back. The OL will actually be better...probably a lot better. NDSU is loaded for '18.

We as Bison fans need to enjoy this run because it is truly special and probably will not happen again.

centennial
January 10th, 2018, 05:09 PM

You are just plain wrong. NCA&T is going to be the new national champions.

Naah. Just kidding.

Leatherneckcountry
January 10th, 2018, 05:31 PM
NDSU already won the 2018 National Championship

ST_Lawson
January 10th, 2018, 05:42 PM
At some point, the NDSU dynasty will dry up. I don't see it happening next year though. Barring some crazy difficult playoff matchup (like...'Bama drops to the Socon or something) I'd put money on them making it back to the championship game.

katss07
January 10th, 2018, 05:49 PM
The Montana Grizzlies

IBleedYellow
January 10th, 2018, 05:58 PM
NDSU already won the 2018 National Championship

We're 15 games away from that, actually.

AmsterBison
January 10th, 2018, 06:19 PM
Ross Ugglem was on 1660 yesterday and he had some good points about next year's team;

The OOC schedule he said is going to be a cakewalk and at first I sort of disagreed but now thinking about it I agree. No way a one-dimensional Poly team hangs with the Bison...no way. North Alabama? Transitional FCS team gets pounded. Delaware? They might be trending up but the Bison rout them at home.

I disagree about the "cakewalk" part, but we'll see.

Most NDSU teams have more trouble with strong defenses and I watched some of the JMU v Delaware game and the Blue Hens defense looked really good (JMU's offense only scored 13 points.)

BTW, I thought I read that North Alabama has both NDSU and Southern Utah on the schedule next year. They are diving right in. Sure don't envy their AD trying to put that first year's schedule together.

Winindy
January 10th, 2018, 06:21 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26925&stc=1

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 10th, 2018, 08:22 PM
I disagree about the "cakewalk" part, but we'll see.

Most NDSU teams have more trouble with strong defenses and I watched some of the JMU v Delaware game and the Blue Hens defense looked really good (JMU's offense only scored 13 points.)

BTW, I thought I read that North Alabama has both NDSU and Southern Utah on the schedule next year. They are diving right in. Sure don't envy their AD trying to put that first year's schedule together.

OOC teams have real trouble coming into the FD for the 1st time and I suspect UD will have trouble with next year's Bison team.

They have a good defense by the looks of the 2017 rankings: #15 in total defense and #10 in scoring defense

It could be a decent game but with it being their 1st time in the dome....

With what the Bison have coming back I don't think they will take a step back. Now injuries can derail things but there were a ton of injuries this year and how did that turn out?

POD Knows
January 10th, 2018, 08:32 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26926&stc=1

I got the SDSU Dead Rabbits in a lock

TheKingpin28
January 10th, 2018, 08:33 PM

I got the SDSU Dead Rabbits in a lock#bookit

POD Knows
January 10th, 2018, 08:35 PM
#bookit

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkThey have no chance of winning a Natty and my #bookit powers are diluted, I intent to sink to using voodoo this year as a means of controlling the outcomes of games.

TheKingpin28
January 10th, 2018, 08:36 PM
They have no chance of winning a Natty and my #bookit powers are diluted, I intent to sink to using voodoo this year as a means of controlling the outcomes of games.Will there be blackjack and hookers though?

UNHWildcat18
January 10th, 2018, 08:46 PM
Im starting to think alphagriz is just a bison fan, seems to have a bigger hard on for them than the griz.

UNHWildcat18
January 10th, 2018, 08:48 PM

It's January 10th 2018 and thats probably a contender for post of the year. xthumbsupx

Derby City Duke
January 10th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Will there be blackjack and hookers though?

Only in Louisville...oops, thought you said strippers and shoe money.

TheKingpin28
January 10th, 2018, 08:52 PM
Only in Louisville...oops, thought you said strippers and shoe money.I ain't arguing with either.

uofmman1122
January 10th, 2018, 08:54 PM
The Montana Grizzlies
lol

No.

Derby City Duke
January 10th, 2018, 09:27 PM
The homer pick is JMU; I'm not a homer. I think we're a QF team, semis if we get a favorable bracket, finalist if our side of the bracket does what the 2-3-6-7 side did in 2016 (only the 2 made it to the quarters).

Bison get #7

Everybody else? xbangx

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 11th, 2018, 06:14 AM
lol

No.

Bobcats riding a 2 game win streak...make it 3 this year?

OhioHen
January 11th, 2018, 06:47 AM
You are just plain wrong. NCA&T is going to be the REPEAT national champions.

FYP

Bisonator
January 11th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Who are the moose? We need to scout our competition.

Nor Eastern
January 11th, 2018, 08:42 AM
https://i.imgur.com/ADJD5U5.jpg

NDSUKurt
January 11th, 2018, 09:03 AM
NDSU wins number 7, and it won't even be close. This is baring a massive amount of injuries.

I'm my view, I see about 4 teams that look to be very good teams next year - Weber State, James Madison, Kennesaw State, and Delaware (yes, I know Delaware plays NDSU early, but it is just 1 OOC game). These are the teams that I see as making it to Frisco to take on NDSU. All of these teams have a common trait - very good defense.

Austin Peay, South Dakota State, New Hampshire, Villanova, Montana, Northern Arizona, Sam Houston State should make the playoffs, but they won't challenge NDSU on a serious level.

AmsterBison
January 11th, 2018, 11:49 AM
JMU is building the right way and the CAA is becoming a defensively dominant conference... I'd say that they have a good shot to get back to the championship game.

BisonBacker
January 11th, 2018, 11:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85JhGNtOBwU

Lorne_Malvo
January 11th, 2018, 11:56 AM
I dont see Stick not winning a Championship his Senior year. NDSU gets #7.

Silenoz
January 11th, 2018, 12:03 PM

Probably. We'll reach out to you guys to see how you handled coping with UND's reign over you from 1993-2003. Oh the humanity

Yes I'm serious.

jmu007
January 11th, 2018, 12:11 PM
** Homer Alert** Picking JMU over NDSU in the rematch. JMU returns enough firepower go 8-0 in CAA again. Doesn’t hurt we miss UD this year too.

JSUSoutherner
January 11th, 2018, 12:27 PM
JJJJJACKSKONVVVVVILLLE STSTSTATE.
No.

Stop.

X-Factor
January 11th, 2018, 01:01 PM
Bison, in 2018 they may just have the greatest FCS team of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
January 11th, 2018, 01:02 PM

I got the SDSU Dead Rabbits in a lock

Seems like a waste of your witchcraft to use it on us after losing Goedert and Weineke.

Schism55
January 11th, 2018, 01:26 PM
Bison, in 2018 they may just have the greatest FCS team of all time.

Very well could be this.
Bison are freaking loaded, lose nothing in the offensive backfield. Greg Menard and Dillon Radunz back, watch the F out. NDSU is going to maul peeps

POD Knows
January 11th, 2018, 02:49 PM
Seems like a waste of your witchcraft to use it on us after losing Goedert and Weineke.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNah, you guys will be still be decent unless TC decides to curl up in the fetal position for the balance of the year. Pretty young and pretty good Oline, should be OK on D, who knows.

TennBison
January 11th, 2018, 04:53 PM
** Homer Alert** Picking JMU over NDSU in the rematch. JMU returns enough firepower go 8-0 in CAA again. Doesn’t hurt we miss UD this year too.
Didn't you pick JMU to win it this year, why should we think you will be right this time.

JSUSoutherner
January 11th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Didn't you pick JMU to win it this year, why should we think you will be right this time.
A broken clock is right twice a day.

Bisonoline
January 11th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Probably. We'll reach out to you guys to see how you handled coping with UND's reign over you from 1993-2003. Oh the humanity

Yes I'm serious.

xlmaox

PantherRob82
January 11th, 2018, 05:20 PM
NDSU

Twentysix
January 11th, 2018, 07:05 PM
NDSU will probably repeat 2013 with what's coming back. This may be the most talented NDSU team ever. I'm a little scared for the rest of the fcs because the Carson Wentz #2draft pick recruiting classes might create a much larger divide than already exists...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Twentysix
January 11th, 2018, 07:08 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26925&stc=1What part do all the championship trophies come from?

Panther88
January 12th, 2018, 10:38 AM
FBSer NDSU wins again.

Grizzlies82
January 12th, 2018, 01:56 PM
Im starting to think alphagriz is just a bison fan, seems to have a bigger hard on for them than the griz.

I believe alpha actually is a Grizzly fan. It is just hard to tell. He bitches about everything Grizzlies. Based upon his comments, Montana reaching repeated championship game but losing was the same as having winless seasons. Plus he spouts all kinds of crap just to be trolling. I just don't give his comments much credence.

As to being a bison fan, he certainly is. Alpha kisses ass to whomever is winning. His Appalachian State phase was similar to his current No Dakota St phase. In short he sucks up to the school with the hot hand.

Tuna85
January 12th, 2018, 02:14 PM
NDSU

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 12th, 2018, 02:19 PM
FBSer NDSU wins again.

How's PV going to be in '18?

I saw them play SHSU early in the season and they were definitely a better team then the PV team the Bison played a few years ago. More talent and athleticism.

Yote 53
January 12th, 2018, 04:16 PM

The conference schedule takes off Indiana State and adds SIU.

SDSU - They take a big step back IMO
UNI - UNI always plays us tough but can they beat a loaded Bison team next year?
WIU - Played the Bison tough this year but can they do it again?
Ill State - Doesn't play well in the FD.
USD - I think they do not replicate this year's team w/o Streveler.
YSU - They take a big step back. Plus it is a home game.
MSU - No
SIU - Last home game....No.

11-0 is a definite possibility. Now injuries happen like this year but even with all of the injuries the Bison still won the NC. Menard - Radunz - Marlette coming back. The OL will actually be better...probably a lot better. NDSU is loaded for '18.

We as Bison fans need to enjoy this run because it is truly special and probably will not happen again.

I am going to say it again, USD is trending up. This program is building and getting better and deeper across the board. The loss of Streveler will hurt but the TEAM will be better. You are all going to be surprised when we contend for the conference. I think the Bison still have too much, but we'll find out when they come to Vermillion next season.

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 12th, 2018, 04:24 PM
I believe alpha actually is a Grizzly fan. It is just hard to tell. He bitches about everything Grizzlies. Based upon his comments, Montana reaching repeated championship game but losing was the same as having winless seasons. Plus he spouts all kinds of crap just to be trolling. I just don't give his comments much credence.

As to being a bison fan, he certainly is. Alpha kisses ass to whomever is winning. His Appalachian State phase was similar to his current No Dakota St phase. In short he sucks up to the school with the hot hand.

Or maybe he just respects greatness that his team hasn't had since 2002?

I was never a fan of App St football it was nothing like NDSU, but App St has some awesome fans probably the best fans I have ever hung out with anywhere and during their dominant phase they were still humble and didnt need to tell you about their success they let it speak for itself.........like a grown up would.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 12th, 2018, 05:26 PM
I am going to say it again, USD is trending up. This program is building and getting better and deeper across the board. The loss of Streveler will hurt but the TEAM will be better. You are all going to be surprised when we contend for the conference. I think the Bison still have too much, but we'll find out when they come to Vermillion next season.

Maybe so in the trending up part but even you have to admit that Streveler was "all world" for the Coyotes this year. USD got bitch slapped by the Bison as a team but Streveler still had 325/419 total yards of the team. Is Mr. #2 for the Yotes just as good as the player that should have won over Briscoe???

USD's OOC schedule looks like a 1-2 start or even a 0-3 start. Better hope the conference slate is easier....right?

Is USD going to hold ticket sales to the NDSU game to try and keep Bison fans out?

cx500d
January 12th, 2018, 05:38 PM

Do you have that meningitis guy back?

Thumper 76
January 12th, 2018, 08:39 PM
Do you have that meningitis guy back?

No, but we get our other RBs back. Both of whom might actually be better.

cx500d
January 12th, 2018, 09:01 PM
No, but we get our other RBs back. Both of whom might actually be better.

Good, I think he must have infected your QB.

Howlingyote
January 14th, 2018, 12:39 PM
So 4 All-American Freshman and 1 All-American Sophomore on USD team means nothing? Really?

TheKingpin28
January 14th, 2018, 12:46 PM
So 4 All-American Freshman and 1 All-American Sophomore on USD team means nothing? Really?We could remind you that Streveler accounted for over 80% of your offense but your fanbase will hear none of it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 14th, 2018, 01:16 PM
So 4 All-American Freshman and 1 All-American Sophomore on USD team means nothing? Really?

So, in your opinion, how will the Coyotes do in '18?

uofmman1122
January 14th, 2018, 04:05 PM
Who knows. I think they were better than their record last year, but we still *should* have beaten them. When your DC is incompetent and your all-world freshman QB suddenly goes timid, it’s not a good formula for success against a power run team.

Bobby was hired to win that game, so I’m hoping we blow them out at home, but the talent level isn’t what it used to be.

3 in a row would certainly cause a Chernobyl-level meltdown in Missoula, though. lol

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 14th, 2018, 04:08 PM
Who knows. I think they were better than their record last year, but we still *should* have beaten them. When your DC is incompetent and your all-world freshman QB suddenly goes timid, it’s not a good formula for success against a power run team.

Bobby was hired to win that game, so I’m hoping we blow them out at home, but the talent level isn’t what it used to be.

3 in a row would certainly cause a Chernobyl-level meltdown in Missoula, though. lol

Would 3 in a row cause an Egriz meltdown?

:D

uofmman1122
January 14th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Would 3 in a row cause an Egriz meltdown?

:D
The flash would blind you if you looked directly at it, and the blast would turn the ground to glass.

UpstateBison
January 14th, 2018, 09:52 PM

Who are they? Greenfield is not AA talent. Sorry.

Howlingyote
January 15th, 2018, 03:50 PM
Great question. Tough, if not impossible to replace a talent like Strevler. Our next QB in line has a better arm than Strevler, but going to tough to match his ability to read the defense as well. The rest of the team will be better and deeper with a lot of experience at every position. We were a very young team last year.

Our OOC schedule is rough this year. We play at KSU and Weber, then home vs. Northern Colorado. We could very easily be 1-2 going into Valley play. Our Valley schedule is a bit easier vs. last year. We drop Illinois State and add Missouri State. On a positive note, we host Western and UNI. I'm forecasting a 7-4 season losing to NDSU and one loss between YSU or SDSU.

Howlingyote
January 15th, 2018, 03:52 PM
Freshman: 2 OL, a DB and a DL.
Sophomore: Greenfield

BisonFan02
January 15th, 2018, 10:27 PM
Great question. Tough, if not impossible to replace a talent like Strevler. Our next QB in line has a better arm than Strevler, but going to tough to match his ability to read the defense as well. The rest of the team will be better and deeper with a lot of experience at every position. We were a very young team last year.

Our OOC schedule is rough this year. We play at KSU and Weber, then home vs. Northern Colorado. We could very easily be 1-2 going into Valley play. Our Valley schedule is a bit easier vs. last year. We drop Illinois State and add Missouri State. On a positive note, we host Western and UNI. I'm forecasting a 7-4 season losing to NDSU and one loss between YSU or SDSU.

USD is not going 6-2 in the Valley.....no ****ing way.

mmiller_34
January 16th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Honestly, SDSU had a bigger setback in 2014 when they graduated:

QB Austin Sumner
RB Zach Zenner
WR Jason Schnieder
WR Dom Wright
OL Trevor Greger
OL Bryan Witzmann
DB Melvin Taveras
K Justin Syrovatka
P Ethan Sawyer
DL Jack Sherlock
DB Jake Gentile

Annnnnnd then we got better in '15, '16, and '17.

RootinFerDukes
January 16th, 2018, 09:54 AM

Until UD starts fielding a more than mediocre offensive unit, they'll never be a legitimate threat in the CAA, let alone nationally.

When the same team keeps winning it six of the last seven years, what exactly is the point of threads like this? Who do you think?

Bison56
January 16th, 2018, 01:44 PM
Until UD starts fielding a more than mediocre offensive unit, they'll never be a legitimate threat in the CAA, let alone nationally.

When the same team keeps winning it six of the last seven years, what exactly is the point of threads like this? Who do you think?
If you would please just stick to stroking my ego, thanks.

Bison56
January 16th, 2018, 04:59 PM
JMU won it once, once. You make it sound as if your team has won it several times. ATM JMU has been nothing more than a blip in the NDSU machine. To put them in the same category as NDSU right now is just insane, wait until you hopefully win a few NCs.

I don't see anything in the post that says that at all, you are just a jackass trying to start **** again.

cx500d
January 16th, 2018, 05:46 PM
JMU won it once, once. You make it sound as if your team has won it several times. ATM JMU has been nothing more than a blip in the NDSU machine. To put them in the same category as NDSU right now is just insane, wait until you hopefully win a few NCs.

They won it twice.

Howlingyote
January 16th, 2018, 06:53 PM
I was asked for my opinion on USD results for next season and I gave it with some details. You spout off with an expletive. How does that refute my guess at the 2018 record?

Derby City Duke
January 16th, 2018, 09:04 PM
I don't see anything in the post that says that at all, you are just a jackass trying to start **** again.

If his screen name is geographically correct, TennBison does need the occasional diversion from the clown show that is UT football. xpeacex

Smitty
January 16th, 2018, 09:36 PM
Like in betting, I'm going to put my $20 down on WCU so I get a huge payout if it actually happens.

RootinFerDukes
January 17th, 2018, 12:30 PM
They won it twice.

Get with the program. FCS didn't exist before 2010 or 2011, or somewhere thereabout.

Laker
January 17th, 2018, 07:47 PM
To be the champ you have to beat the champ. I'll say NDSU.

The school most likely to sell runner-up t-shirts is Sam Houston State. xrotatehx

cx500d
January 17th, 2018, 08:43 PM

The school most likely to sell quarter final runner-up t-shirts is Sam Houston State. xrotatehx

FYP

Bisonoline
January 17th, 2018, 08:57 PM

The school most likely to sell runner-up t-shirts is Sam Houston State. xrotatehx

No fair they have a head start on everyone.:D

dewey
January 17th, 2018, 09:46 PM

The school most likely to sell runner-up t-shirts (AGAIN) is Sam Houston State. xrotatehx

FYP

Dewey

dbackjon
January 18th, 2018, 11:57 AM
NDSU

IBleedYellow
January 18th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Get with the program. FCS didn't exist before 2010 or 2011, or somewhere thereabout.

Actually the FCS didn't exist until 2006. Get it right.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/30/NC_TrophiesASU.jpg

clenz
January 18th, 2018, 05:38 PM
Actually the FCS didn't exist until 2006. Get it right.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/30/NC_TrophiesASU.jpg

The change of the name means nothing. It’s all the same damn thing. It’s like saying the MVFC didn’t exist prior to 2008. It did, a name change didn’t create a new conference.

A name hangs didn’t create a new subdivision.

BisonFan02
January 18th, 2018, 09:15 PM
The change of the name means nothing. It’s all the same damn thing. It’s like saying the MVFC didn’t exist prior to 2008. It did, a name change didn’t create a new conference.

A name hangs didn’t create a new subdivision.

Nope....but the Dakota schools made it relevant. :D xlolx xcoffeex xdrunkyx

TennBison
January 19th, 2018, 11:48 AM
If his screen name is geographically correct, TennBison does need the occasional diversion from the clown show that is UT football. xpeacex
That is true, I have not had anything to do with them since my playing days, that program was a ****show back then and more than likely is the same now. I am talking internal workings, not the play on the field or the coaches. Which is a whole other story.

Serpentor
January 20th, 2018, 01:33 PM
Lumberjacks. You heard it here first.

cx500d
January 21st, 2018, 12:26 AM
Lumberjacks. You heard it here first.

Northern Arizona?

ASU33
January 21st, 2018, 08:00 AM
The Bison are a safe bet and that's who I'm betting on!

DFW HOYA
January 21st, 2018, 09:01 AM
It's a sign of the times that there are probably no more than ten schools with any reasonable expectation of competing for the title these days. Whether in non-competitive conferences, or a school that cannot buy itself home playoff games, or simply reside in areas that do not generate enough talent, over 100 schools in the subdivision have no path to Frisco.

TheKingpin28
January 21st, 2018, 09:06 AM
It's a sign of the times that there are probably no more than ten schools with any reasonable expectation of competing for the title these days. Whether in non-competitive conferences, or a school that cannot buy itself home playoff games, or simply reside in areas that do not generate enough talent, over 100 schools in the subdivision have no path to Frisco.There is ALWAYS talent and a chance to make it to the title game. The problem is, most of these schools only care about NCAAM March Madness and the money they get from it OR they have no business in D1 athletics so they hemorrhage money to do so.

Anyone who says they can't recruit, is not looking hard enough or willing to dig. Look at APSU, KSU, etc... These school are not "prime" FCS schools, yet they bucked the trend and made their names known by willing to take non "blue chip" athletes as they knew they were not going to beat out the regional competition and yet made something out of it.

paward
January 21st, 2018, 07:58 PM
Austin Peay

Bisonator
January 22nd, 2018, 11:58 AM
It's a sign of the times that there are probably no more than ten schools with any reasonable expectation of competing for the title these days. Whether in non-competitive conferences, or a school that cannot buy itself home playoff games, or simply reside in areas that do not generate enough talent, over 100 schools in the subdivision have no path to Frisco.
That's pretty much the case in everything and at every level and always has been, the schools might change a bit from one decade to the next.

Herder
January 23rd, 2018, 10:58 AM

No path? . . . , self inflicted reasons probably eliminate over 1/2 of FCS.
* 0 scholarship teams
* less than 63 scholarship teams
* ineligible Conferences
* Conferences that don’t want to compete

probably not much different than the FBS level where G5’s are not able to compete, fund, get to same scholarship levels.

Bisonoline
January 23rd, 2018, 02:36 PM

Make the commitment to Get better.

Thumper 76
January 31st, 2018, 02:15 PM

Mommy we uncompetitive because we won’t even invest in scholarships let alone facilities to help our kids, ITS NOT FAIR! We shouldn’t have to try or make a commitment to be relevant!

Cry me a river.

Green1
February 1st, 2018, 04:41 PM
This is painful for me to admit but SDSU (since moving up to the FCS) has really made a commitment towards becoming a quality football program. Success has followed this commitment.

I have to go lie down now...

Silenoz
February 1st, 2018, 06:03 PM

Ten? Do you mean one and a half?

Silenoz
February 1st, 2018, 06:05 PM
Make the commitment to Get better.

Mommy we uncompetitive because we won’t even invest in scholarships let alone facilities to help our kids, ITS NOT FAIR! We shouldn’t have to try or make a commitment to be relevant!

Cry me a river.

Okay, that single Georgetown fan will get right on that. Good talk.

Thumper 76
February 1st, 2018, 06:06 PM
Okay, that single Georgetown fan will get right on that. Good talk.

It’s more the fact that this is his mantra in a large quantity of his posts.

dewey
February 1st, 2018, 09:28 PM
This is painful for me to admit but SDSU (since moving up to the FCS) has really made a commitment towards becoming a quality football program. Success has followed this commitment.

I have to go lie down now...

Go wash you mouth put with soap.

And then say 5 Hail Craig Bohl's for your transgression.

Dewey

UNHWildcat18
February 2nd, 2018, 08:50 AM

Cry me a river.

I understand arguments from both sides but as NDSU posters have been quick to put him down he does have a point. Outside of the CAA MVFC maybe a few programs from SLC, Big Sky, Soconn. The amount of teams with the resources to bring in enough to win a championship is not a large pool. Just like the FBS Acron will never win the ship. Just like Robert Morris is never going to win the FCS championship.

Of course other people can say put more resources into it blah blah blah but some schools just cant, one cannot cry over it though as this is the case at all levels. Your program can only do the best they can with the resources they have. It may have been different in the past but the amount it takes to be at the top of the fcs is starting to make a create a separation between lower tier and upper tier fcs schools. IMO

Bisonator
February 2nd, 2018, 09:16 AM
I understand arguments from both sides but as NDSU posters have been quick to put him down he does have a point. Outside of the CAA MVFC maybe a few programs from SLC, Big Sky, Soconn. The amount of teams with the resources to bring in enough to win a championship is not a large pool. Just like the FBS Acron will never win the ship. Just like Robert Morris is never going to win the FCS championship.

Of course other people can say put more resources into it blah blah blah but some schools just cant, one cannot cry over it though as this is the case at all levels. Your program can only do the best they can with the resources they have. It may have been different in the past but the amount it takes to be at the top of the fcs is starting to make a create a separation between lower tier and upper tier fcs schools. IMO
The fact is there has always been a lower tier and upper tier in everything. Whether it's FBS, FCS, DII, DIII, there are always haves and have nots, there is no one size fits all. Different institutions decide what their priorities are and allocate their resources as appropriate to those priorities. You can't whine about being an FCS lower tier program if your spending $3M on your football program and $6M on basketball or hockey or whatever. I mean you can whine but it's kind of foolish.

2ram
February 2nd, 2018, 09:34 AM
The fact is there has always been a lower tier and upper tier in everything. Whether it's FBS, FCS, DII, DIII, there are always haves and have nots, there is no one size fits all. Different institutions decide what their priorities are and allocate their resources as appropriate to those priorities. You can't whine about being an FCS lower tier program if your spending $3M on your football program and $6M on basketball or hockey or whatever. I mean you can whine but it's kind of foolish.

i just have to laugh when the truth is called whining.

hoya: the earth is round.

bisonator: quit whining.

lol. gets me every time. i guess you just have to lie instead hoya, then you'd be happy!

Bisonator
February 2nd, 2018, 09:48 AM

lol. gets me every time. i guess you just have to lie instead hoya, then you'd be happy!
Well when you are saying you can't compete and it's your own fault it is whining. It's whining about the truth.xsmiley_wix

UNHWildcat18
February 2nd, 2018, 10:14 AM

I agree, just the way things are.

Lorne_Malvo
February 2nd, 2018, 10:27 AM
Cleveland Browns.

Twentysix
February 2nd, 2018, 10:44 AM
To demonstrate that things used to be even you would need to show 30-40 year spreads where no team repeated as national champions. Good luck with that. The majority of college sports teams are garbage and couldn't win the national championship in the division below where they reside. Be willfully ignorant if you want but robert Morris isn't only not winning the Fcs NC they aren't winning the D3 championship even with their fcs roster.

UNHWildcat18
February 2nd, 2018, 11:44 AM
To demonstrate that things used to be even you would need to show 30-40 year spreads where no team repeated as national champions. Good luck with that. The majority of college sports teams are garbage and couldn't win the national championship in the division below where they reside. Be willfully ignorant if you want but robert Morris isn't only not winning the Fcs NC they aren't winning the D3 championship even with their fcs roster.

Are you referencing my post? Cause I have no idea what you're going on about. I said things may have been different in the past. I really should have formatted it as a question., I didn't intend for it to come across as a statement. To respond to your second part, I literally said schools do the best they can with what they are given but agreeing with bisonator at all levels of football there is separation and most schools like YOU said have no chance at their title, and perhaps even the title below their division. I also mentioned its just the way things are and there is no point in crying over it.

Thumper 76
February 2nd, 2018, 12:42 PM

So you mean to tell me that nationally and internationally known Georgetown doesn’t have the resources to compete with North Dakota ****ing State if they really wanted to? D’ok.

IBleedYellow
February 2nd, 2018, 02:54 PM
So you mean to tell me that nationally and internationally known Georgetown doesn’t have the resources to compete with North Dakota ****ing State if they really wanted to? D’ok.

Georgetown Endowment: $1.48 Billion

North Dakota State Endowment: $ 201.6 Million

They totally can afford it. They just choose not to.

JSUSoutherner
February 2nd, 2018, 04:08 PM
Georgetown Endowment: $1.48 Billion

North Dakota State Endowment: $ 201.6 Million

They totally can afford it. They just choose not to.

JSU Endowment: $12.6 Million. Even we fund at a top tier level.

TheKingpin28
February 2nd, 2018, 04:45 PM
JSU Endowment: $12.6 Million. Even we fund at a top tier level.Is the OVC a top tier level though? xlolx

JSUSoutherner
February 2nd, 2018, 04:46 PM
Is the OVC a top tier level though? xlolx

Weak troll attempt is weak.

TheKingpin28
February 2nd, 2018, 04:51 PM
Weak troll attempt is weak.Trolling is meant to be funny, which I have already stated before I am not humorous, so that was more of me posing a serious question/statement.

JSUSoutherner
February 2nd, 2018, 05:08 PM
Trolling is meant to be funny, which I have already stated before I am not humorous, so that was more of me posing a serious question/statement.

Stupid question/ statement is stupid.

TheKingpin28
February 2nd, 2018, 05:38 PM
Stupid question/ statement is stupid.Is that in reference to what you just posted

Silenoz
February 5th, 2018, 12:15 PM

Why would they? It's FCS football, none of them give a ****, other than the dude on this board. Nova has a championship and can barely be bothered

youcanbankit
February 5th, 2018, 09:47 PM
NDSU Wins it.

Gangtackle11
February 6th, 2018, 10:20 PM
Why would they? It's FCS football, none of them give a ****, other than the dude on this board. Nova has a championship and can barely be bothered

Yeah....too many it kind of got in the way of the basketball season tbth. xpeacex

Thumper 76
February 8th, 2018, 04:10 AM

Great. Then don’t bitch about being non competitive. Nova obviously can do both...

clenz
February 8th, 2018, 06:36 AM
Why do people firing up endowments, especially, in sports related contexts, like they actually mean something?

Luther College - a D3 school of 1500 students in a town of 6,000 had an endowment of 180,000,000. I guess they should be a top 10 FCS not a below average D3 team.

Buena Vista University in Storm Lake Iowa - a school of 2,000 in a town of less than 10.000 - has an endowment of 130m. They should be an FCS title contender. Not suck at the D3 level.

Grinnell College in Grinnell Iowa - a school of 1500 in a town of 3000 - has a 2 billion dollar endowment. Holy **** are they doing things wrong.

Columbia has a 10 billion dollar endowment at the FCS level. Man are they ****ing up.

Rice has an endowment of 6 billion. They should be fighting for FBS titles.

Oh....what’s that? Endowments have zero to do with anything related to athletics? You don’t say.

UNHWildcat18
February 8th, 2018, 07:11 AM
Yeah....too many it kind of got in the way of the basketball season tbth. xpeacex

I'm actually surprised how football is not more popular at Villanova.