PDA

View Full Version : SLC Signs Officiating Partnership with Big XII

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Well known official Byron Boston becomes the SLC Officials Coordinator in addition to a deal signed with the Big XII that will make for better officials in the SLC!

BYRON BOSTON NAMED SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE COORDINATOR OF FOOTBALL OFFICIALS

League also enters into football officiating partnership with Big 12 Conference.

Feb. 15, 2007

FRISCO, Texas - The Southland Conference has named veteran official Byron Boston as coordinator of football officials, league commissioner Tom Burnett announced Thursday. The Division I Football Championship Subdivision league also announced a new football officiating partnership formed with the Big 12 Conference, one that will combine all functions related to the assignment, training and evaluation of football officials.

"We are very pleased to announce the addition of Byron Boston, a very accomplished football official at every level," Burnett said. "At the same time, the Southland is entering into a very important officiating alliance with the Big 12 that should provide an immediate and positive impact for all involved."

The collaborative agreement will allow the extensive training and evaluation system currently utilized by the Big 12 to also be applied in the Southland. "By joining together in a more formalized and cooperative structure, we believe the new program can provide a model for excellence in professional training and better development in football officiating," Burnett added.

http://southland.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/021507aaa.html

Sly Fox
February 16th, 2007, 10:40 AM
I haven't seen Byron in awhile. Has he gone on the same training regimen as David?

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2007, 10:43 AM
I haven't seen Byron in awhile. Has he gone on the same training regimen as David?

Apparently still is working NFL games...

And doing work on the side for the Big XII...

Must still be around...and if you note, one of his sons is a narcotics officer...