PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Southland Offseason Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Outsider1
January 3rd, 2018, 03:41 PM
Hope everyone had a good holiday time. Things are fairly quiet now, but will begin picking up soon and wanted to get your feel for your teams going into the spring and summer. ACU came off of early signing with 13-14 good JUCO transfers on both offense and defense. None of the players were highly ranked recruits, but some had been given interest by FBS and FCS schools. From what I see of our recruit's size and speed, they should be ready to play and offer some help for us. I am happy with our signing class so far, but want to see more long term emphasis included. Most of the Juco players will have 2+ years to play. Dorrel was really focused on making us more competitive for the 2018 season. From the beginning I think he wanted to bring in and redshirt more HS players, but saw more immediate needs for us. Still, I am hoping our coaches get some good HS signed LOIs that stick around. We have saved some schollies for that. We are expecting there to be a couple of FBS dropdowns as well. We have one so far. All in all- it should be interesting to see the old and new mix it up come spring.

Old players gone for sure is our QB, Sealey. He is moving on to other places and should get better and more play time there. Whether Luke Anthony ends up with the #1 or another beats him out will become known later. Either way, I know Anthony can do the job fine. We lost a CB to PSU earlier on in the season but we remain soundly deep for our defensive backfield. I know there are others, but can't remember off the top of my head.So, we didn't have a huge graduating class and we are bringing in decent help. How much that translates into wins for us next year... we'll see. I think we are on track to be improved over this past season for sure. How much I don't know. I still know beating each of you will still take a lot week in and week out. :D

BEAR
January 3rd, 2018, 04:22 PM
UCA football went through a tough transition In the coaching ranks as a bigger school bought our head coach and most of his staff.

Our New Staff:

Head Coach: Nathan Brown was promoted from OC. Former UCA QB.
Assistant Head Coach/ TE coach: Brooks Hollingsworth from Conway High School. Previous UCA coach.
QB Coach/ OC- Ken Collums. Former UCA QB and former ACU head coach.
DC/Linebackers coach: Max Thurmond
RB Coach- Taylor Reed Former UCA QB and coached H.S. level
Safeties/ Nickel backs coach- Chad Williams
WR coach/ Special teams coordinator- Ryan Howard. Former UCA QB and TE. Kept on in transition.
OL coach/ recruiting coord.- Gunnar Boykin
D Line coach- Tony Davis

This off- season we learned UCA’s future OOC schedules:

2018- Murray State
2018- @Tulsa

2019- @Western Kentucky (FBS)
2019- @Hawaii (FBS)
2019- Austin Peay

2020- @ Austin Peay
2020- @ Missouri (SEC)

2021- @Arkansas State (FBS)
2021- Missouri State

2022- @Ole Miss (SEC)
2022- @Missouri State

UCA also signed 12 players in the Dec. 20 – 22nd signing period:

The newcomers include:

offensive linemen
Alex Bridges, 6-5, 310 pounds Cisco C.C. Texas
Will Burgess, 6-4, 330 Hot Springs H.S.
Dylan Desper 6-4, 290 Jones County C.C.
Jacob Ingram; 6-3, 305 West Monroe H.S.

TE Austin Eldridge; 6-3, 240 Plant City Fl. H.S.

RB Cameron Myers; 6-1, 200 Durant H.S. Plant City Fl.

WR Bennie Smith; 5-8, 170 Klein Oak H.S. Spring, TX

DT Alejandro Ramirez; 6-2, 300 Springdale Har-ber H.S. Ark.

CB Duke Upshaw; 6-0, 180 East Miss. C. C.

punter Taylor Wallace, 6-1, 200 Jones C. C.

long snapper Raleigh Wood. 6-2, 205 East Miss. C. C.

DL Jon Campbell- 6-1, 285 Klein Oak H.S. Spring, TX.

Outsider1
January 3rd, 2018, 04:34 PM
I was happy to see Ken go back to UCA. I think he is good at the OC position. Our OOC schedule was completed by getting DII Angelo State to play us, but hey, we open with Baylor ;)

Outsider1
January 3rd, 2018, 04:42 PM
2018 ACU Commits-
WR Floyd Connell, 6'2 165, Copperas Cove: Stats- 46 catches for 517 yards and 3 tds with 18 tackles on defense
WR Dequavas Sneed, 5'9 160, Lancaster: Stats- 1 catch for 49 yards and 1 td

QB Cole Klayman, 6'0 210 El Camino JUCO: Stats- 65.7% completion percentage, 2309 yards passing with 21 tds

TE Jordan Bruner, 6'4 235, Pasadena JUCO: Stats- 15-249 with 4 tds

TE Kevin Ventura-Cortes, 6'6 220, Cerritos JUCO: Stats- 20-180 with 3 tds

CB Jeremiah Baltrip, 6'2 190, Coffeyville JUCO: Stats- 23 tackles and 2 ints

WR Torin Justice, 6'3 200, Trinity Valley JUCO: Stats- 46-579 and 3 tds

RB Robert McKnight, 5'11 195 Independence JUCO: Stats- was red-shirted this year

CB Byron Robinson, 5'11 190, Kilgore JUCO: Stats- 22 tackles, 1 int and 15 pass break-ups

DT Douglas Nyandika. 6'5 270, Navarro JUCO: Stats-

CB Alexander Lofton, 6'2 190, Butler JUCO: Stats- 16 tackles, 1 int and 4 pass break-ups

LB Jack Lechman, 6'1 220, Trinity Valley JUCO: Stats- 65 tackles

DE Brian Miller Jr, 6'4 260, Coffeyville JUCO: Stats- 31 tackles and 4.5 sacks

OL Tylor Lovett, 6'2 290, Butler JUCO:

OL- Dakota Napierkowski, 6'4 259, Snow College

katss07
January 3rd, 2018, 05:18 PM
The biggest question of the offseason for SHSU is who win the quarterback position. We have two pretty good quarterbacks in Griffen and Brock, but they have yet to show much on the field. I think that if the right person is at that position, we should make the playoffs. Nicholls will be good again.

BEAR
January 3rd, 2018, 08:23 PM
After UCA and SHSU have a combined 34-2 record the past two years, I predict a pendulum swing back toward McNeese, SLU, and SFA side of the field. Reason: Both lost 2 very good QBs. But this conference does this every few years. No biggie. That's why we play....xthumbsupx

Outsider1
January 3rd, 2018, 09:49 PM
I am trying to remember how many returning seniors McNeese, SLU, SFA and Nichols will have. Wasn't McNeese fairly young this past season? I am still expecting a lot from SHSU and UCA.

katss07
January 4th, 2018, 12:23 PM
I am trying to remember how many returning seniors McNeese, SLU, SFA and Nichols will have. Wasn't McNeese fairly young this past season? I am still expecting a lot from SHSU and UCA.

I think McNeese has a few key guys back. Their defensive unit is top 10 in the FCS, if not top 5. Nicholls should be good again. The Kats lost some key guys, but we should be okay. The defense will actually be better despite the loss of PJ. We should make the playoffs at least.

Outsider1
January 4th, 2018, 01:00 PM
For us a big loss defensively is Sam Denmark graduating. We have built some depth there, but he will be missed.

Daytripper
January 4th, 2018, 01:50 PM
I think our offense will be fine, regardless of the fact we lost maybe our GOAT receiver in Yedi Louis, as well as Briscoe and RB Avery. The defense lost a few good players (and the GOAT d-lineman in Hall) but we have a lot of young talent, especially in the defensive backfield. I'm hoping with Briscoe moving on that we have a more mobile QB that can exploit the RPO with his legs...

lionsrking2
January 4th, 2018, 03:05 PM

Most of our offense returns, plus D-line returns intact. Must replace most of our LBs and secondary but have good young talent in system, plus we'll bring in some JC/FBS transfers.

Outsider1
January 4th, 2018, 03:48 PM
Most of our offense returns, plus D-line returns intact. Must replace most of our LBs and secondary but have good young talent in system, plus we'll bring in some JC/FBS transfers.

Ouch xthumbsupx That won't help us.

Outsider1
January 4th, 2018, 03:52 PM
I think our offense will be fine, regardless of the fact we lost maybe our GOAT receiver in Yedi Louis, as well as Briscoe and RB Avery. The defense lost a few good players (and the GOAT d-lineman in Hall) but we have a lot of young talent, especially in the defensive backfield. I'm hoping with Briscoe moving on that we have a more mobile QB that can exploit the RPO with his legs...

I would say good, but ya'll may even have better players in the works... SHSU never seems to be lacking in those areas.

BEAR
January 4th, 2018, 03:53 PM

I'm predicting Lions making the playoffs next year. Likely McNeese too. Followed by SHSU.

Of course I came in last in the playoff prediction thread ( I think I missed the point spreads too much ) so don't take my word on anything...xlolx

lionsrking2
January 4th, 2018, 04:03 PM
I'm predicting Lions making the playoffs next year. Likely McNeese too. Followed by SHSU.

Of course I came in last in the playoff prediction thread ( I think I missed the point spreads too much ) so don't take my word on anything...xlolx

We're doomed. :(

katss07
January 4th, 2018, 04:58 PM
I would say good, but ya'll may even have better players in the works... SHSU never seems to be lacking in those areas.
I’ll agree with this. Yedi was a hell of a player and a nice weapon for JB. But we still have Stewart and Davis. Add in the Compton who showed he could play and the Kats should be fine. We should be okay at back too with Bulmer returning. A duel threat QB would do wonders. I’ll say McNeese, SHSU and Nicholls make the playoffs. I think the Colonels will bring back enough talent to return. Not overlooking the Lions, but don’t think they get in. Obviously, these are just wild guesses though.

I’m really hoping the yearly dumpster-fires that are IWU and HBU improve. Those two teams getting better would be exactly what this conference needs. But obviously not many conferences can boast getting three teams in. SLC is in a good sport right now IMO. Very fun, competitive football.

McNeese72
January 5th, 2018, 08:49 PM
We aren't going to have sh***t next season.

Doc

BEAR
January 5th, 2018, 09:11 PM

Doc

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26902&stc=1

katss07
January 5th, 2018, 09:30 PM

Doc
You guys haven’t had sh***t in what is it now, 17 years?

SFA 93
January 5th, 2018, 10:46 PM
SFA returns 22 seniors and 19 juniors (17 starters in all return)

Sign 11

OL:Jeffery Rose 6-4; 290 Cypress, Texas **

OL:John Wilkowski 6-6; 284 Cypress, Texas

OL:Tanner Elliott 6-3; 290 Carthage, Texas JUCO (Tyler JC)

WR: Quentyvian Borders 6-2; 180 San Augustine, Texas

TE: Bryce Wempa 6-5; 248 Royse City, Texas JUCO (Tyler JC) *** #1 TE JUCO (Scout)
Offers from Central Florida, Southern Mississippi, Bowling Green

TE: Barclay Ford 6-3; 225 Forney, Texas ** #106 TE
Offers from Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Illinois State, Indiana State, Morgan State, Prairie View A&M, Southern Illinois, Interest from Minnesota

CB: Aretavious Hendrix 6-1; 185 Starkville, Mississippi JUCO (Miss. Gulf Coast CC)
Southern Mississippi offered

DL: Amad Murray 6-3; 255 Huntsville, Texas

S: Brody Anderson 5-10; 190 Katy, Texas

LB: Quin Jones 6-1; 230 Abbeville, Mississippi JUCO (East Miss. CC) ** #5 ILB; State #39; Nation #143 (JUCO)
Offers Florida Atlantic, Troy, Southeast Missouri State, Northwestern State

S: Jaterious Evans 6-1; 190 Center, Texas

Daytripper
January 6th, 2018, 09:26 AM
I’ll agree with this. Yedi was a hell of a player and a nice weapon for JB. But we still have Stewart and Davis. Add in the Compton who showed he could play and the Kats should be fine. We should be okay at back too with Bulmer returning. A duel threat QB would do wonders. I’ll say McNeese, SHSU and Nicholls make the playoffs. I think the Colonels will bring back enough talent to return. Not overlooking the Lions, but don’t think they get in. Obviously, these are just wild guesses though.

I’m really hoping the yearly dumpster-fires that are IWU and HBU improve. Those two teams getting better would be exactly what this conference needs. But obviously not many conferences can boast getting three teams in. SLC is in a good sport right now IMO. Very fun, competitive football.

UIW is probably going to a spread air raid with Eric Morris as new HC. He comes from the Leach-Kingsbury coaching tree. That might work for them.

Serpentor
January 6th, 2018, 09:57 AM
HBU's defense has improved dramatically. Get some offensive players in there and they might... well, at the very least not be the bottom feeder in the conference.

Katfan
January 6th, 2018, 11:06 AM
The biggest question of the offseason for SHSU is who win the quarterback position. We have two pretty good quarterbacks in Griffen and Brock, but they have yet to show much on the field. I think that if the right person is at that position, we should make the playoffs. Nicholls will be good again.
Our new qb will likely be Michael Dare an early signee. If not then Ty Brock. Either way both can throw and run.

LuckyKat
January 6th, 2018, 12:12 PM
We may lose to conf games next year

katss07
January 6th, 2018, 12:39 PM
We may loose to conf games next year
I’ll say we lose two conference games.

Daytripper
January 6th, 2018, 12:59 PM
Our new qb will likely be Michael Dare an early signee. If not then Ty Brock. Either way both can throw and run.

Dare is a big kid with mediocre community college stats.... we'll see how it goes.

katss07
January 6th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Dare is a big kid with mediocre community college stats.... we'll see how it goes.
I want to see Brock start. I really think the dude could be good. Haven’t seen Dare, but Ill have to check him out. Whoever wins it deserves to be the starter. As long as we are winning.

Serpentor
January 6th, 2018, 05:58 PM
I want to see Brock start. I really think the dude could be good. Haven’t seen Dare, but Ill have to check him out. Whoever wins it deserves to be the starter. As long as we are winning.

Well at the very least I hope Caleb enjoyed his free education.

Derby City Duke
January 7th, 2018, 02:16 AM
Congratulations to J. Briscoe and SHSU on his 2nd consecutive Payton. While it is an individual award it takes talent elsewhere to make it happen.

Daytripper
January 7th, 2018, 03:42 PM
Congratulations to J. Briscoe and SHSU on his 2nd consecutive Payton. While it is an individual award it takes talent elsewhere to make it happen.

Thanks. And you are right about the supporting cast. Our 0-line and especially our receiving corps were great this season.

Outsider1
January 7th, 2018, 04:31 PM
SFA returns 22 seniors and 19 juniors (17 starters in all return)

Sign 11

OL:Jeffery Rose 6-4; 290 Cypress, Texas **

OL:John Wilkowski 6-6; 284 Cypress, Texas

OL:Tanner Elliott 6-3; 290 Carthage, Texas JUCO (Tyler JC)

WR: Quentyvian Borders 6-2; 180 San Augustine, Texas

TE: Bryce Wempa 6-5; 248 Royse City, Texas JUCO (Tyler JC) *** #1 TE JUCO (Scout)
Offers from Central Florida, Southern Mississippi, Bowling Green

TE: Barclay Ford 6-3; 225 Forney, Texas ** #106 TE
Offers from Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Illinois State, Indiana State, Morgan State, Prairie View A&M, Southern Illinois, Interest from Minnesota

CB: Aretavious Hendrix 6-1; 185 Starkville, Mississippi JUCO (Miss. Gulf Coast CC)
Southern Mississippi offered

DL: Amad Murray 6-3; 255 Huntsville, Texas

S: Brody Anderson 5-10; 190 Katy, Texas

LB: Quin Jones 6-1; 230 Abbeville, Mississippi JUCO (East Miss. CC) ** #5 ILB; State #39; Nation #143 (JUCO)
Offers Florida Atlantic, Troy, Southeast Missouri State, Northwestern State

S: Jaterious Evans 6-1; 190 Center, Texas

We tried to get T. Elliot....

Outsider1
January 7th, 2018, 04:32 PM
HBU's defense has improved dramatically. Get some offensive players in there and they might... well, at the very least not be the bottom feeder in the conference.

I would agree

McNeese72
January 8th, 2018, 10:33 PM
If the rumors floating around here are true, things are going to suck for us in the very near future. And this is not a sandbag post.

Doc

Hint: Go read some of the Florida St. messageboards. :(

Daytripper
January 9th, 2018, 06:15 AM
If the rumors floating around here are true, things are going to suck for us in the very near future. And this is not a sandbag post.

Doc

Why? Talent? Coaching? Depth?

McNeese72
January 9th, 2018, 08:07 AM
Why? Talent? Coaching? Depth?

One of the above but it could lead to all three.

Doc

Outsider1
January 9th, 2018, 08:59 AM
I hope not for you guys Doc, lots of shifts taking place......

McNeese75
January 9th, 2018, 09:55 AM
http://gridironnow.com/florida-state-lance-guidry-mcneese-state/ (http://gridironnow.com/florida-state-lance-guidry-mcneese-state/)

McNeese75
January 9th, 2018, 09:59 AM
The timing of this move is complete BS on Guidry's part if it happens. Almost as bad as Campbell's in the sense that national signing day is a month away and there were only two picked up in the early signing.

Daytripper
January 9th, 2018, 10:47 AM
The timing of this move is complete BS on Guidry's part if it happens. Almost as bad as Campbell's in the sense that national signing day is a month away and there were only two picked up in the early signing.

I agree that it is poor timing and would be a huge hit with regard to recruiting, but can you really blame the guy when he will probably at least double his salary?

McNeese75
January 9th, 2018, 11:10 AM
I agree that it is poor timing and would be a huge hit with regard to recruiting, but can you really blame the guy when he will probably at least double his salary?

I understand the monetary incentive but he assembled a coaching staff with ties to the University but nobody as a head coach in waiting. Hopefully the new President (former all conference linebacker) is involved in the HC search and not the dead stick AD.

McNeese72
January 9th, 2018, 11:18 AM
Zem's (Keith Zembower) take on the developements:

https://zemsgems.wordpress.com/

Doc

Daytripper
January 9th, 2018, 11:34 AM
I understand the monetary incentive but he assembled a coaching staff with ties to the University but nobody as a head coach in waiting. Hopefully the new President (former all conference linebacker) is involved in the HC search and not the dead stick AD.

Don't laugh....Les Miles.

Catatonic
January 9th, 2018, 12:45 PM

Doc

I took your hint and read the message boards.
Some fans are very unhappy about this probable hire, citing 3 DUI’s?

BEAR
January 9th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Oh man McNeese is getting the same treatment as UCA did with their head coach. This sucks for players and fans. If I come down to McNeese for your homecoming game against us next year, who can I expect at the helm? xeyebrowx

McNeese75
January 9th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Oh man McNeese is getting the same treatment as UCA did with their head coach. This sucks for players and fans. If I come down to McNeese for your homecoming game against us next year, who can I expect at the helm? xeyebrowxLes Miles LOL

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

McNeese72
January 9th, 2018, 02:11 PM
I took your hint and read the message boards.
Some fans are very unhappy about this probable hire, citing 3 DUI’s?

He doesn't have a drinking problem. He is just a Cajun.

Doc

McNeese72
January 9th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Don't laugh....Les Miles.

If we could afford him, we could really find a coach.

Doc

McNeese72
January 9th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Oh man McNeese is getting the same treatment as UCA did with their head coach. This sucks for players and fans. If I come down to McNeese for your homecoming game against us next year, who can I expect at the helm? xeyebrowx

Well, if it isn't Lance Guidry, you have about as much a clue as most of us McNeese fans do.

Doc

Catatonic
January 10th, 2018, 06:56 AM

Doc

xdrunkyx

McNeese72
January 10th, 2018, 09:34 AM

I am wondering if Stoker would be interested???

Doc

Daytripper
January 10th, 2018, 01:12 PM
I am wondering if Stoker would be interested???

Doc

Interesting thought.

BEAR
January 10th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Interesting thought.

Maybe Clit Crank...xchinscratchxxpopcornx

Sammy94
January 10th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Maybe Clit Crank...xchinscratchxxpopcornx

He must have great job security where he is, he isn't going anywhere.

McNeese72
January 11th, 2018, 06:45 PM

From what I am hearing and, if I had to bet money on it, I would be betting on Scott Stoker!!!!

Doc

alvin.kmiec
January 11th, 2018, 09:13 PM

Doc

I really don’t think he has a drinking problem. I think everyone else has a problem with his drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nickels
January 11th, 2018, 09:41 PM
From what I am hearing and, if I had to bet money on it, I would be betting on Scott Stoker!!!!

Doc
If it were up to me, I'd pay him Keeler's salary to take over our D.

Stoker would be an upgrade for you guys. Guidry is a prick.

McNeese72
January 12th, 2018, 10:38 AM

More like a lateral move. Especially on defense. Stoker and Guillory's defensive philosophies are pretty much the same.

Doc

McNeese75
January 12th, 2018, 10:30 PM

No more than Keeler xcoffeex

Nickels
January 12th, 2018, 11:32 PM
No more than Keeler xcoffeex
So, my dad can beat up your dad.

McNeese75
January 13th, 2018, 10:42 PM
So, my dad can beat up your dad.

Mine is 86 so I certainly hope so, xlolx

BEAR
January 15th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Word around here from the visits this weekend that the Bears might be getting some really good talent from Florida and the gulf coast area....Hope Florida becomes a regular recruiting ground. Tons of talent....xthumbsupx

Outsider1
January 15th, 2018, 01:19 PM
For us it is kinda slow and quiet right now. We have the transfers and commits we expect so far, but probably won't know much else till after signing day and Summer. We did lose one of our receivers in Justin Miller for unknown reasons. At least WR is not a huge need for us.

SFA 93
January 15th, 2018, 02:04 PM
SFA got transfer QB Josh Covey 6-1: 210 Georgetown, TX a two year walk on at the Univ. of Texas. He was the #3 QB on the depth chart there.

Daytripper
January 15th, 2018, 02:19 PM
Word around here from the visits this weekend that the Bears might be getting some really good talent from Florida and the gulf coast area....Hope Florida becomes a regular recruiting ground. Tons of talent....xthumbsupx

Good for you guys. Just stay the hell out of Texas... :D

McNeese72
January 15th, 2018, 02:39 PM
We are in limbo here at McNeese. The big question right now is he going or staying??????

Rumors are a hangup in salary negotiations with FSU.

Doc

Outsider1
January 15th, 2018, 02:59 PM
I was kinda counting it as a done deal Doc, but guess not.

McNeese72
January 15th, 2018, 03:05 PM
I was kinda counting it as a done deal Doc, but guess not.

We thought so, too, and that FSU would have made an announcement by now. But things are taking way too long for it to be a done deal.

Doc

BEAR
January 15th, 2018, 05:57 PM
Good for you guys. Just stay the hell out of Texas... :D

Our recent signees are from:

Texas 3
Mississippi 5
Arkansas 2
Florida 2

Wildcat1997
January 15th, 2018, 09:50 PM
Former Tech LB John Picone will transfer to ACU. He should have 3 years left to play since he apparently redshirted this past season. Great pickup for us.

SFA 93
January 16th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Good for ACU on Picone.

SFA was in contact with him.

We return all our LBs with 12 total (got some JUCOs coming in too), so pretty crowded at that position for the Jacks.

In other news, it looks like SFA OC Gary Crowton is out after two seasons, and RB coach Jake Brown after one season has gone back to TCU to join their coaching staff.

Shannon Dawson Left for West Virginia (Now OC at Southern Miss) (3 Seasons) 2008-10
Mike Nesbitt Left for Houston (Was HC at West Texas A&M) (1 Season) 2011
Richard Olin Fired (Retired) (1 Season) 2012
Chris Truax Harper Staff (ESPN Radio Baton Rouge) (1 Season) 2013
Matt Kubik Left for Louisiana-Monroe (2 Seasons) 2014-15
Gary Crowton ? (2 Seasons) 2016-17

6 OCs since 2010 at SFA

https://sfasawmill.com/s/346/sfa-offensive-coordinator-gary-crowton-part-ways-after-two-seasons

McNeese72
January 16th, 2018, 04:00 PM
We have our answer:

McNeese Football‏Verified account @McNeeseFootball (https://twitter.com/McNeeseFootball)FollowingFollowing
@McNeeseFootball

More

Lance Guidry will be McNeese’s Head Coach in 2018. #GeauxPokes (https://twitter.com/hashtag/GeauxPokes?src=hash)

http://www.kplctv.com/story/37278149/guidry-not-going-to-florida-state-will-remain-at-mcneese

Doc

Wildcat1997
January 16th, 2018, 04:27 PM
We have our answer:

McNeese Football‏Verified account @McNeeseFootball (https://twitter.com/McNeeseFootball)FollowingFollowing
@McNeeseFootball

More

Lance Guidry will be McNeese’s Head Coach in 2018. #GeauxPokes (https://twitter.com/hashtag/GeauxPokes?src=hash)

http://www.kplctv.com/story/37278149/guidry-not-going-to-florida-state-will-remain-at-mcneese

Doc
Good! I'm happy that he's staying with ya'll.

Outsider1
January 16th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the update Doc. I hope your recruiting goes well, but not too well ;)

McNeese72
January 16th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Official release on the McNeese website.

http://www.mcneesesports.com/news/2018/1/16/football-lance-guidry-will-return-as-cowboys-head-coach-in-2018.aspx

Note: Went and checked and they did use one of my images for this story.

Doc

BEAR
January 17th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Um....do WORK???!!! xlolx

Incarnate Work (FCS – TX): Brandon Lechtenberg, the defensive backs coach at UT Martin (FCS), has left to become the linebackers coach, per source.

Wildcat1997
January 18th, 2018, 12:07 PM
Our AD announced that we'll have a H&H series with Prairie View A&M for the '22 and '23 seasons. We host them in '22 and we go there in '23.

SFA 93
January 18th, 2018, 12:51 PM
SFA 2018 Schedule Released

Sept. 1 @Mississippi State
Sept. 8 Tarleton State
Sept. 15 @UIW
Sept. 22 Abilene Christian
Sept. 29 @McNeese State
Oct. 6 Sam Houston
Oct. 13 Central Arkansas
Oct. 20 @HBU
Oct. 27 Lamar (HC)
Nov. 10 @Nicholls
Nov. 15 Northwestern State

BEAR
January 18th, 2018, 01:06 PM
University of Central Arkansas
2018 Football Schedule

Day Date Opponent Location Time/Result Stats Details
Sat. 9/1/2018 University of Tulsa Tulsa, OK TBA Details
Sat. 9/8/2018 Murray State University Conway, Ark. TBA Details
Sat. 9/15/2018 Southeastern Louisiana University Hammond, LA TBA Details
Sat. 9/29/2018 Sam Houston State University Huntsville, TX TBA Details
Sat. 10/6/2018 Houston Baptist University Conway, Ark. TBA Details
Sat. 10/13/2018 Stephen F. Austin Nacogdoches, TX TBA Details
Sat. 10/20/2018 Northwestern State University Conway, Ark. TBA Details
Sat. 10/27/2018 McNeese State University Lake Charles, LA TBA Details
Sat. 11/3/2018 Lamar University Conway, Ark. TBA Details
Sat. 11/10/2018 University of the Incarnate Word Conway, Ark. TBA Details
Sat. 11/17/2018 Abilene Christian University Abilene, TX TBA Details

2019 Football Schedule

Sat. 8/31/2019 Western Kentucky University Bowling Green, KY TBA Details
Sat. 9/7/2019 Austin Peay University Clarksville, TN TBA Details
Sat. 9/14/2019 Abilene Christian University TBA Details
Sat. 9/21/2019 University of Hawaii Manoa, HI TBA Details
Sat. 10/5/2019 Nicholls State University Thibodaux, LA TBA Details
Sat. 10/12/2019 Southeastern Louisiana University TBA Details
Sat. 10/19/2019 McNeese State University TBA Details
Sat. 10/26/2019 Northwestern State University Natchitoches, LA TBA Details
Sat. 11/2/2019 Stephen F. Austin TBA Details
Sat. 11/9/2019 Lamar University Beaumont, TX TBA Details
Sat. 11/16/2019 Sam Houston State University TBA Details
Sat. 11/23/2019 University of the Incarnate Word San Antonio, TX TBA Details

2020 Football Schedule

Sat. 9/5/2020 University of Missouri Columbia, MO TBA Details
Sat. 9/12/2020 Abilene Christian University Abilene, TX TBA Details
Sat. 9/19/2020 Austin Peay University TBA Details
Sat. 9/26/2020 Nicholls State University TBA Details
Sat. 10/3/2020 McNeese State University Lake Charles, LA TBA Details
Sat. 10/10/2020 Lamar University TBA Details
Sat. 10/24/2020 Stephen F. Austin Nacogdoches, TX TBA Details
Sat. 10/31/2020 Northwestern State University TBA Details
Sat. 11/7/2020 Sam Houston State University Huntsville, TX TBA Details
Sat. 11/14/2020 Southeastern Louisiana University Hammond, LA TBA Details
Sat. 11/21/2020 University of the Incarnate Word TBA Details

katss07
January 18th, 2018, 05:08 PM
Very excited to have UCA come down to Huntsville next season. I wouldn’t say it has become a rivalry game, but over the past 3 years the games have been high stake matches. In 2015, that was basically a playoff game. 16 and 17 were basically the SLC championship games. I know both teams won’t be as good next season, but still could be competitive.

Nickels
January 18th, 2018, 07:23 PM
Our AD announced that we'll have a H&H series with Prairie View A&M for the '22 and '23 seasons. We host them in '22 and we go there in '23.
Maybe... SWAC schools like to flake out last minute and not tell anyone.

SFA 93
January 19th, 2018, 04:37 PM
Good Sawmill article on incoming SFA QB Josh Covey

https://sfasawmill.com/s/360/transfer-quarterback-could-compete-for-starting-job-at-sfa-immediately/2

Outsider1
January 19th, 2018, 09:25 PM

https://sfasawmill.com/s/360/transfer-quarterback-could-compete-for-starting-job-at-sfa-immediately/2

If true, he really could bring a whole new dimension and be a QB that will be really hard to contend with. A true 3D quarterback is hard to find, especially in the SLC I believe. That may be unfair, but we tend to bring on skilled QBs and then swap them in and out of plays according to their skill. Some are smarter than others and can cross over a little, but aren't really skilled in throwing, running/agility and a keen football intelligence that can read and think on the fly. The problem is, why wasn't he really seeing playtime at UT? I'll give it that he is a good pick up for you guys.

SFA 93
January 20th, 2018, 08:38 AM
Good question about his playing time, but he was a walk on and he had 3 four star scholarship QBs in front of him, if you count Heard.

But that is why he is leaving UT to look for playing time, just to get on the field.

Will be interesting to see this spring where he falls in line with Foster, Blumrick, and Smith.

Needless to say no shortage of QB options at SFA for 2018.

Outsider1
January 20th, 2018, 10:07 AM
I'm just always jealous of the Sawmill articles ;) Honestly, they really are good.

McNeese75
January 20th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Ron Roberts leaves Southeastern for DC at ULL

SFA 93
January 20th, 2018, 11:13 AM
Yes, Isaac Niedrauer did a great job of putting The Sawmill together.

Catatonic
January 20th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Ron Roberts leaves Southeastern for DC at ULL

I posted this this in another thread but it’s worth repeating—there has been a lot of turn over in the SLC. Four new head coaches this year and two last season. That’s over half the conference in two years.

lionsrking2
January 20th, 2018, 12:32 PM
I posted this this in another thread but it’s worth repeating—there has been a lot of turn over in the SLC. Four new head coaches this year and two last season. That’s over half the conference in two years.

Timing isn't the best, but it's a great opportunity for Ron and his family, and we wish him nothing but the best moving forward. He's a great defensive mind who has hired and mentored several risers in the coaching profession, including Dave Aranda, DC, LSU; Pete Golding, Co-DC, Alabama; Karl Scott, DBs, Alabama, and several others who are young coaches at the FBS level. He's getting to an age where he needs to make a move if he wants to grow in the profession. I have no doubt he'll coach at the highest levels of college football, or in the NFL, if that's what he wants to do. He gave us six good years, a couple of conference championships, our first playoff win, and leaves the program on sound footing. I'm sure we'll have a new head coach in place pretty quickly.

Serpentor
January 20th, 2018, 12:46 PM
HBU got nailed by the NCAA for recruiting violations and is on a two-year probation.

From ESPN.com: (http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22154604/houston-baptist-gets-2-years-probation-ncaa-violations)

HOUSTON -- The NCAA handed Houston Baptist's football program two years of probation Friday along with a public reprimand and recruiting penalties after coach Vic Shealy failed to promote an atmosphere of compliance by creating his own student host program.

Shealy asked his daughter to be a student host and she enlisted members of her sorority to be hosts and provide campus tours for prospects, the NCAA said. The program didn't work under the university's regular campus visit policy for host groups, which is against NCAA rules.

Wildcat1997
January 20th, 2018, 01:06 PM
Timing isn't the best, but it's a great opportunity for Ron and his family, and we wish him nothing but the best moving forward. He's a great defensive mind who has hired and mentored several risers in the coaching profession, including Dave Aranda, DC, LSU; Pete Golding, Co-DC, Alabama; Karl Scott, DBs, Alabama, and several others who are young coaches at the FBS level. He's getting to an age where he needs to make a move if he wants to grow in the profession. I have no doubt he'll coach at the highest levels of college football, or in the NFL, if that's what he wants to do. He gave us six good years, a couple of conference championships, our first playoff win, and leaves the program on sound footing. I'm sure we'll have a new head coach in place pretty quickly.Are there any names getting tossed around yet as possible replacements?

lionsrking2
January 20th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Are there any names getting tossed around yet as possible replacements?

Obviously OC/Interim HC, Greg Stevens, will be in the mix for stability reasons. We have a good staff in place and a talented roster returning. The easy and logical choice for many would be to keep the ball rolling. As far as names from outside the program, the rumor mill is strong with quality candidates, but I'll refrain from repeating rumor. I do expect a permanent HC to be named fairly quickly.

Sammy94
January 22nd, 2018, 07:48 AM

Sounds like the same story every year.

Panther88
January 22nd, 2018, 10:25 AM
Maybe... SWAC schools like to flake out last minute and not tell anyone.

Kinda’ sorta’ like sammy probably buying out the return game it owes PVAMU @ bowers fall 2018?

An athl dept birdie informed us a few ago that shsu is looking at a probable $$$$ game vs an fbs’er on 09/08/2018, the day we originally inked for our return game. Hopefully TarlSt et al d-II’ers have an open date.

The irony. xlolx :p

Outsider1
January 22nd, 2018, 02:39 PM
The big money games are great, but no one really should be doing more than one a year. Playing competitive regional OOC FCS opponents is really more important in the bigger scheme of FCS. Win games and consistently make post season and donor money will be there.

Catatonic
January 23rd, 2018, 04:51 AM
The big money games are great, but no one really should be doing more than one a year. Playing competitive regional OOC FCS opponents is really more important in the bigger scheme of FCS. Win games and consistently make post season and donor money will be there.

You need to tell this to our AD. He doesn’t seem to get it. ACU played two money games last year and will do so again in 2019. There is only one money game this year but our other OOC game is a D2 school not a quality FCS game.

Outsider1
January 23rd, 2018, 08:18 AM
You need to tell this to our AD. He doesn’t seem to get it. ACU played two money games last year and will do so again in 2019. There is only one money game this year but our other OOC game is a D2 school not a quality FCS game.

Yep!

beerkat
January 23rd, 2018, 01:44 PM
Kinda’ sorta’ like sammy probably buying out the return game it owes PVAMU @ bowers fall 2018?

An athl dept birdie informed us a few ago that shsu is looking at a probable $$$$ game vs an fbs’er on 09/08/2018, the day we originally inked for our return game. Hopefully TarlSt et al d-II’ers have an open date.

it's a little bit different when ditching a home game versus not paying back the favor to the other team and going on the road for the rematch

Panther88
January 23rd, 2018, 04:46 PM
it's a little bit different when ditching a home game versus not paying back the favor to the other team and going on the road for the rematch

I hear ya'. From what I was told, we're scrambling looking for a possible replacement since our scheduling snafu w/ the conference office that pits us vs the east coast conference in the ATL the week prior that also has us affecting sTu's labor day w/e scheduling as well.

Daytripper
January 24th, 2018, 07:23 AM

I hope you are right we get an FBS game. Can we get Baylor now that they suck?

Daytripper
January 24th, 2018, 07:25 AM
https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports/marshall_university/report-marshall-hiring-sam-houston-offensive-coordinator/article_5502ce36-6c25-5efa-a1b9-2d7b58176816.html

Rumor is that SHSU OC Tim Cramsey headed to Marshall....

Outsider1
January 24th, 2018, 08:21 AM

Too bad, we already got 'em ;)

Panther88
January 24th, 2018, 08:23 AM

It's a 100K$(150K?) buyout, if memory serves correct.

Catatonic
January 24th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Too bad, we already got 'em ;)

Unfortunately for us the suckage coming out of Waco will be far less this year than last.

Outsider1
January 24th, 2018, 04:51 PM
Unfortunately for us the suckage coming out of Waco will be far less this year than last.

Hopefully so will the suckage outta Abilene.....

Daytripper
January 25th, 2018, 09:05 AM

Supposedly, Baylor has a top 30 recruiting class coming in.....

Outsider1
January 25th, 2018, 11:45 AM
I don't quite see us pulling a Liberty just yet, but if we do...awesome! Even with a good recruiting class, it will take Bylor a bit to turn things around, just like us. I think they will have just a bit more fire power though.

BEAR
January 26th, 2018, 10:28 AM
It's almost signing day!

How are the recruits looking for your SLC team?

I see UCA has gotten a few more from local high schoolers ready to sign. Always good to develop players for years...xbowx

Wildcat1997
January 26th, 2018, 01:17 PM
For ACU:

S Bryon Broussard, 5'11 185, Dickinson (We were his only D1 offer but he had offers from pretty much every D2 school in the state.)

CB TJ Williams, 6'2 175, Booker T. Washington, Fla. (Only D1 offer again)

OL- Trase Jeffries, 6'3 275, Broken Arrow, Okla. (Had Liberty and Northern Colorado offers)

WR- Javorian Miller, 6'2 190, Odessa Permian (Had 6 FBS offers and also an SFA offer)

OL- Mitchell Melrose, 6'5 250, Whitehouse (Only D1 offer)

DT Quent Titre, 6'2 260, Ridge Point (Had an Air Force offer)

TE Josh Nicholson, 6'4 230, Guyer (Had a Morgan State offer)

We had 15 transfers sign in the early signing period and now we'll probably end up 10-12 high schoolers sign in Feb. So we'll probably end up with 25-27 total for this recruiting cycle.

McNeese72
January 26th, 2018, 01:22 PM
How are the recruits looking for your SLC team?

We got a few that say they might be coming.

Doc

BEAR
January 26th, 2018, 01:24 PM
We got a few that say they might be coming.

Doc

https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.GfzGSxuZ1yp94gb03qPfIwHaE7&pid=Api

BEAR
January 26th, 2018, 01:26 PM
For ACU:

S Bryon Broussard, 5'11 185, Dickinson (We were his only D1 offer but he had offers from pretty much every D2 school in the state.)

CB TJ Williams, 6'2 175, Booker T. Washington, Fla. (Only D1 offer again)

OL- Trase Jeffries, 6'3 275, Broken Arrow, Okla. (Had Liberty and Northern Colorado offers)

WR- Javorian Miller, 6'2 190, Odessa Permian (Had 6 FBS offers and also an SFA offer)

OL- Mitchell Melrose, 6'5 250, Whitehouse (Only D1 offer)

DT Quent Titre, 6'2 260, Ridge Point (Had an Air Force offer)

TE Josh Nicholson, 6'4 230, Guyer (Had a Morgan State offer)

We had 15 transfers sign in the early signing period and now we'll probably end up 10-12 high schoolers sign in Feb. So we'll probably end up with 25-27 total for this recruiting cycle.

That's about right for total numbers at division I level. So you guys were shorthanded with 50 scholly players before huh? No wonder Ken had such a problem. Geez.

BEAR
January 26th, 2018, 01:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUbBTL-U0AEdpuU.jpg:large

SFA 93
January 26th, 2018, 01:31 PM
SFA so far has gone JUCO heavy...

CB: Jadarius Byrd 5-10; 170 Jacksonville, Florida (Ed White/Butler CC) *** #22 CB (JUCO) (247sports)
Offers from SFA (committed), FIU, Charlotte, Marshall, Maryland, Missouri, Oregon State, Western Kentucky, Southern Mississippi

CB: Jeremiah Davis 5-10; 190 Lufkin, Texas (Lufkin) **
Offers from SFA (committed), Louisiana-Lafayette, Texas Southern, Prairie View A&M, Arkansas-Monticello

S: Daryan Williams 5-11; 200 Nacogdoches, Texas (Nacogdoches) ** Rivals
Offers from SFA (committed), Texas State, Tulane, Louisiana-Monroe, Arkansas-Pine Pluff, Northeastern State, interest from TCU, Memphis, Louisiana-Lafayette

CB: Aretavious Hendrix 6-1; 185 Perkinston, MS. Mississippi Gulf Coast CC ** #37 CB; #62 State JUCO
Offers from SFA (signed), Southern Miss., interest from UTSA, Memphis

LB: Quin Jones 6-1; 225 Abbeville, MS. (Lafayette/East MS CC) ** #5 ILB; State #39; Nation #143 JUCO
Offers from SFA (signed), Florida Atlantic, Troy, Southeast Missouri State, Northwestern State

WR: Trai Gardner 6-0; 183 Tenaha, Texas (Tenaha) *** (247sports)
(committed)

WR: Braison Rudd 6-3; 180 New Braunfels, Texas (New Braunfels Christian Academy) *** (247Sports)
(committed)

WR: Quentyvian Borders 6-3; 180 San Augustine, Texas (San Augustine)
(signed)

TE: Barclay Ford 6-3; 225 Forney, Texas (North Forney) ** #106 TE
Offers from SFA, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Illinois State, Indiana State, Morgan State, Prairie View A&M, Southern Illinois, Interest from Minnesota
(signed)

TE: Bryce Wempa 6-5; 244 Royse City, Texas (Royse City/ Tyler JC) *** #1 TE JUCO
Offers from SFA, Central Florida, Southern Mississippi, Bowling Green
(signed)

QB: Josh Covey 6-1; 210 Georgetown, Texas (East View/Texas)
(transfer enrolled)

OL: Jeffrey Rose 6-5; 287 Cypress, Texas (Cy Ranch) ** (Scout)
Offers from SFA, Central Arkansas, Southern Arkansas
(signed)

OL: Tanner Elliott 6-4; 300 Carthage, Texas (Carthage/TJC) ** #7 OC; #37 State JUCO
Offers from SFA, Abilene Christian
(signed)

OL: John Wilkowaki 6-6; 284 Cypress, Texas (CY Ranch)
(signed)

S: JaTerious Evans 6-2; 180 Center, Texas (Center)
(signed)

S: Brody Anderson 5-10; 190 Katy, Texas (Katy)
(signed)

DL: Amad Murray 6-3; 255 Huntsville, Texas (Huntsville)
(signed)

Wildcat1997
January 26th, 2018, 02:17 PM
That's about right for total numbers at division I level. So you guys were shorthanded with 50 scholly players before huh? No wonder Ken had such a problem. Geez.Yep we we were always held back since we were never at 63 schollys at anytime in our transition. It's why our depth has suffered so much over the years. We're there now though and I think it's gonna make a massive difference.

BEAR
January 26th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Yep we we were always held back since we were never at 63 schollys at anytime in our transition. It's why our depth has suffered so much over the years. We're there now though and I think it's gonna make a massive difference.

I didn't know you guys were playing short scholarshiped. UCA went straight to 63 the first year. I thought you guys had CASH. THAT will change your 2-9 seasons quickly... now to be more competitive you really have to develop h.s. talent like UCA, NDSU, and other schools have done. But expect things like success to do bad things like rip your coach from under you in the playoffs or new transfer rules take good players away. xlolx

UpstateBison
January 28th, 2018, 08:48 PM
I didn't know you guys were playing short scholarshiped. UCA went straight to 63 the first year. I thought you guys had CASH. THAT will change your 2-9 seasons quickly... now to be more competitive you really have to develop h.s. talent like UCA, NDSU, and other schools have done. But expect things like success to do bad things like rip your coach from under you in the playoffs or new transfer rules take good players away. xlolx

UCA developing high school talent like NDSU 😂😂😂

McNeese72
January 29th, 2018, 10:59 AM
SLU: Scelfo?????

Daytripper
January 29th, 2018, 11:59 AM
SLU: Scelfo?????

Looks like it.... http://footballscoop.com/news/source-frank-scelfo-will-new-head-coach-southeastern-louisiana/

McNeese72
January 29th, 2018, 01:47 PM
LOL. My tailgating buddy, Greg Stevens (aka Tailgateguy or McTailgator) got on the SLU board and made a few bland postings using his true name and for some reason got permenantly banned. Got banned for using his true name.

Doc

Daytripper
January 29th, 2018, 01:53 PM
LOL. My tailgating buddy, Greg Stevens (aka Tailgateguy or McTailgator) got on the SLU board and made a few bland postings using his true name and for some reason got permenantly banned. Got banned for using his true name.

Doc
That's weak sauce....

McNeese72
January 29th, 2018, 01:57 PM
That's weak sauce....

Him or them???

Daytripper
January 29th, 2018, 02:01 PM
Him or them???

Them....

BEAR
January 31st, 2018, 08:34 AM
Please tell me "Illinois" is a style of chair....and not the team. This beauty found in the Conway Wal-Mart.
xbangx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27031&stc=1

FormerPokeCenter
January 31st, 2018, 09:11 AM
You guys haven’t had sh***t in what is it now, 17 years?

33 years...1985 was my senior season...

FormerPokeCenter
January 31st, 2018, 09:13 AM

Doc

Is Turdbine the administrator for SLU, too?

Outsider1
January 31st, 2018, 04:38 PM
Please tell me "Illinois" is a style of chair....and not the team. This beauty found in the Conway Wal-Mart.
xbangx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27031&stc=1

Hey, at least the chair actually said UCA. For some reason I am seeing actual SDSU Jackrabbit clothing in Walmart here in Abilene. How far are we from South Dakota again???

SFA 93
February 3rd, 2018, 08:16 AM
Go get'em Big John!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVC5wh8UQAALIAY.jpg

McNeese72
February 3rd, 2018, 09:04 AM
Always hyping! :)

Bisonoline
February 3rd, 2018, 12:51 PM
Hey, at least the chair actually said UCA. For some reason I am seeing actual SDSU Jackrabbit clothing in Walmart here in Abilene. How far are we from South Dakota again???

I also see AR Razorback stuff in that pic.. My buddy has a sister in Carbondale ILL. and they have Bison gear there.

BEAR
February 3rd, 2018, 01:44 PM
Those chairs are now $5! Walmart said they have inventory in 2 weeks and would have to pay taxes on what they have in stock. Guess who stocked up on chairs that regularly sell for $25 each?!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27049&stc=1

BEAR
February 5th, 2018, 09:45 AM
Hey signing day is just two days away!

I'm doing a general twitter search for my team and see some really great local high school talent coming in! I'm also seeing parents of players tagging football coaches about their sons. My son is a sophomore in high school and the coaches told ALL the players (but mainly seniors) that if they hadn't been contacted by signing day then they aren't likely going to play college ball. xlolx Last year I saw a kid on twitter who had 9 offers but turned them all down waiting on a bigger school...then got passed over signing day. Hey, I get wanting the big stage, but if you're contacted by 7 division II schools and two division III schools....don't expect Alabama to come calling...xrolleyesx

Outsider1
February 5th, 2018, 10:24 AM
I completely agree with you Bear. Too many kids aren't willing to work their way up if they aren't chosen for the "big stage". One of our men's BB players this year is a graduate transfer from the lower levels. So, he waited until his last opportunity before he made it to Div. I, but he didn't give up and he is here now making a name for himself.

Outsider1
February 5th, 2018, 10:28 AM
Hopefully things won't change too much before Wed. and beyond. We also may get another step down or two, but won't know for sure until late spring or summer. Below is what things are currently looking like for us:

2018 ACU Commits-

CB- Bryon Broussard, 5'11 185, Dickinson: (Stats- 7 ints)
CB- TJ Williams, 6'2 175, Booker T. Washington, Fla.
CB- Jeremiah Baltrip, 6'2 190, Coffeyville JUCO: (Stats- 23 tackles and 2 ints)
CB- Byron Robinson, 5'11 190, Kilgore JUCO: (Stats- 22 tackles, 1 int and 15 pass break-ups)
CB- Alexander Lofton, 6'2 190, Butler JUCO: (Stats- 16 tackles, 1 int and 4 pass break-ups)
DT- Quent Titre, 6'2 260, Ridge Point: (Stats- 32 tackles and 1 sack)
DT- Douglas Nyandika. 6'5 270, Navarro JUCO:
DE- Brian Miller Jr, 6'4 260, Coffeyville JUCO: (Stats- 31 tackles and 4.5 sacks)
LB- Josh James, 6'0 210, Brennan:
LB- Jack Lechman, 6'1 220, Trinity Valley JUCO: (Stats- 65 tackles)

QB- Cole Klayman, 6'0 210 El Camino JUCO: (Stats- 65.7% completion percentage, 2309 yards passing with 21 tds)
RB- Robert McKnight, 5'11 195 Independence JUCO: (Stats- was red-shirted this year)
WR- Javorian Miller, 6'2 190, Odessa Permian: (Stats- 19 catches for 389 yards and 6 tds)
WR- Torin Justice, 6'3 200, Trinity Valley JUCO: (Stats- 46-579 and 3 tds)
TE- Josh Nicholson, 6'4 230, Guyer: (Stats- 3 catches for 42 yards)
TE- Jordan Bruner, 6'4 235, Pasadena JUCO: (Stats- 15-249 with 4 tds)
TE- Kevin Ventura-Cortes, 6'6 220, Cerritos JUCO: (Stats- 20-180 with 3 tds)
OL- Mitchell Melrose, 6'5 250, Whitehouse
OL Sadler Engel, 6'4 288, Argyle Liberty Christian
OL- Trase Jeffries, 6'3 275, Broken Arrow, Okla.

FBS Transfers:

LB - Jonn Picone, 6'1 220; Texas Tech.
RB - Billy McCrary, 5'11 190; Cal.

PWO Commits:

P - Jake Johnston, 6'0 162, Abilene High
LB - Chester Sims, 6'0 220, George Ranch HS
WR - Camdyn Caravelli, 6'1 185, Frenship
WR - Logan Doyle, 6'5 200, Fayette Academy, Tenn

BEAR
February 5th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Hey where did you get such a complete list already?!

Outsider1
February 5th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Our Chatters are killer detectives ;)

Honestly, we work hard as a group to keep up with visitors, tweets, discussions, web sites, etc... Of course nothing is official, but we usually end up pretty close. There are some with some awesome skills though.

BEAR
February 5th, 2018, 12:11 PM
Our Chatters are killer detectives ;)

Honestly, we work hard as a group to keep up with visitors, tweets, discussions, web sites, etc... Of course nothing is official, but we usually end up pretty close. There are some with some awesome skills though.

Yeah, I've done the same thing scouting my team but don't have a LONG list like that! But then again ACU gets to 60+ schollys for the first time this year right?

Outsider1
February 5th, 2018, 01:05 PM
Correct, we are still playing catch up. I think most of us are feeling better than we have been. Collums was in a tough spot here during the transition, no one denies that. I don't think we were at 60 scholarships last year.

Wildcat1997
February 5th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Hopefully things won't change too much before Wed. and beyond. We also may get another step down or two, but won't know for sure until late spring or summer. Below is what things are currently looking like for us:

2018 ACU Commits-

CB- Bryon Broussard, 5'11 185, Dickinson: (Stats- 7 ints)
CB- TJ Williams, 6'2 175, Booker T. Washington, Fla.
CB- Jeremiah Baltrip, 6'2 190, Coffeyville JUCO: (Stats- 23 tackles and 2 ints)
CB- Byron Robinson, 5'11 190, Kilgore JUCO: (Stats- 22 tackles, 1 int and 15 pass break-ups)
CB- Alexander Lofton, 6'2 190, Butler JUCO: (Stats- 16 tackles, 1 int and 4 pass break-ups)
DT- Quent Titre, 6'2 260, Ridge Point: (Stats- 32 tackles and 1 sack)
DT- Douglas Nyandika. 6'5 270, Navarro JUCO:
DE- Brian Miller Jr, 6'4 260, Coffeyville JUCO: (Stats- 31 tackles and 4.5 sacks)
LB- Josh James, 6'0 210, Brennan:
LB- Jack Lechman, 6'1 220, Trinity Valley JUCO: (Stats- 65 tackles)

QB- Cole Klayman, 6'0 210 El Camino JUCO: (Stats- 65.7% completion percentage, 2309 yards passing with 21 tds)
RB- Robert McKnight, 5'11 195 Independence JUCO: (Stats- was red-shirted this year)
WR- Javorian Miller, 6'2 190, Odessa Permian: (Stats- 19 catches for 389 yards and 6 tds)
WR- Torin Justice, 6'3 200, Trinity Valley JUCO: (Stats- 46-579 and 3 tds)
TE- Josh Nicholson, 6'4 230, Guyer: (Stats- 3 catches for 42 yards)
TE- Jordan Bruner, 6'4 235, Pasadena JUCO: (Stats- 15-249 with 4 tds)
TE- Kevin Ventura-Cortes, 6'6 220, Cerritos JUCO: (Stats- 20-180 with 3 tds)
OL- Mitchell Melrose, 6'5 250, Whitehouse
OL Sadler Engel, 6'4 288, Argyle Liberty Christian
OL- Trase Jeffries, 6'3 275, Broken Arrow, Okla.

FBS Transfers:

LB - Jonn Picone, 6'1 220; Texas Tech.
RB - Billy McCrary, 5'11 190; Cal.

PWO Commits:

P - Jake Johnston, 6'0 162, Abilene High
LB - Chester Sims, 6'0 220, George Ranch HS
WR - Camdyn Caravelli, 6'1 185, Frenship
WR - Logan Doyle, 6'5 200, Fayette Academy, TennDon’t forget Dequavas Sneed also. We’re gonna end up with 30+ players total this cycle. Hopefully it means we’ll have way more depth going forward.

SFA 93
February 5th, 2018, 08:36 PM
2018 SFA Commits

DE: Tyrell Buard 6-3; 235 Houston, Texas (Waltrip)
DE: Amad Murray 6-3; 255 Huntsville, Texas (Huntsville)
LB: Melvin Larkins III 6-2; 220 Houston, Texas (St. Thomas)
LB: Quin Jones 6-1; 225 Abbeville, Mississippi (Lafayette/East MS CC) JUCO ** #5 JUCO OLB
LB: DJ Curtis 6-1; 230 St. Charles, Missouri (Francis Howell/Iowa Western) JUCO
LB: Nazier Wright 6-3; 200 Paterson, New Jersey (Dodge City CC) JUCO
S: Daryan Williams 5-11; 200 Nacogdoches, Texas (Nacogdoches) **
S: Brody Anderson 5-10; 190 Katy, Texas (Katy)
S: JaTerious Evans 6-2; 180 Center, Texas (Center) **
S: Donald Mensah Jr. 6-2; 185 Windsor, Ontario (New Mexico Military Institute) JUCO
CB: Aretavious Hendrix 6-1; 185 Perkinston, Mississippi (Mississippi Gulf Coast CC) JUCO ** #37 JUCO CB
CB: Jadarius Byrd 5-10; 170 Jacksonville, Florida (Ed White/Butler CC) JUCO *** #22 JUCO CB
CB: Jeremiah Davis 5-10; 190 Lufkin, Texas (Lufkin) **

OL: Jeffrey Rose 6-5; 287 Cypress, Texas (Cy Ranch) **
OL: Tanner Elliott 6-4; 300 Carthage, Texas (Carthage/Tyler JC) JUCO ** #7 JUCO OC
OL: John Wilkowski 6-6; 284 Cypress, Texas (Cy Ranch)
TE: Bryce Wempa 6-5; 244 Royse City, Texas (Royse City/Tyler JC) JUCO *** #1 JUCO TE
TE: Barclay Ford 6-3; 225 Fornry, Texas (North Forney) ** #106 TE
WR: Braison Rudd 6-3; 180 New Braunfels, Texas (New Braunfels) ***
WR: Quentyvian Borders 6-3; 185 San Augustine, Texas (San Augustine)
RB: Tycen Thompson 5-9; 175 Ennis, Texas (Ennis)
QB: Cam Arnold 6-1; 200 Cypress, Texas (Cy-Fair) *** #68 QB

FBS Transfers
QB: Josh Covey 6-1; 210 Georgetown, Texas (East View/Texas)
TE: Jayson Clements 6-3; 227 Waco, Texas (Midway/Baylor)
RB: Jae'lon Oglesby 5-11; 175 Central South Carolina (Central/Memphis) **** #1 APB; #2 State

alvin.kmiec
February 5th, 2018, 09:57 PM
Hey signing day is just two days away!

I'm doing a general twitter search for my team and see some really great local high school talent coming in! I'm also seeing parents of players tagging football coaches about their sons. My son is a sophomore in high school and the coaches told ALL the players (but mainly seniors) that if they hadn't been contacted by signing day then they aren't likely going to play college ball. xlolx Last year I saw a kid on twitter who had 9 offers but turned them all down waiting on a bigger school...then got passed over signing day. Hey, I get wanting the big stage, but if you're contacted by 7 division II schools and two division III schools....don't expect Alabama to come calling...xrolleyesx

That’s no joke. My daughter (Junior) runs track and cross country and has had several divisions III, division II, and couple division I Colleges email her. I really don’t care where she goes as long as she get a good education.

McNeese72
February 6th, 2018, 08:52 AM
Finally!!!!! Going to get rid of the "slip and slide".

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27059&stc=1

McNeese72
February 6th, 2018, 09:41 AM
http://www.mcneesesports.com/news/2018/2/6/football-louis-bonnette-field-at-cowboy-stadium-getting-amakeover.aspx

http://www.hellasconstruction.com/Products/Turf/

Doc

BEAR
February 6th, 2018, 10:53 AM
Finally!!!!! Going to get rid of the "slip and slide".

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27059&stc=1

When you're done with them...send them to Conway...xlolx

katss07
February 6th, 2018, 12:16 PM
When you're done with them...send them to Conway...xlolx
Ask them to get rid of the stripes

Outsider1
February 6th, 2018, 12:53 PM
http://www.mcneesesports.com/news/2018/2/6/football-louis-bonnette-field-at-cowboy-stadium-getting-amakeover.aspx

http://www.hellasconstruction.com/Products/Turf/

Doc

That's gonna look nice Doc!

alvin.kmiec
February 6th, 2018, 01:07 PM

Paint the stripes black and white. It always seems when the KATS play up there it’s like they are in jail. Sure am glad y’all come down here this year.

McNeese72
February 6th, 2018, 01:58 PM
That's gonna look nice Doc!

I like that the field will be alternating light and dark green every 5 yards. That's about as wild as I ever want to get with stripes. ;)

Doc

BEAR
February 6th, 2018, 02:34 PM

Exactly. I'm ready to see some green on the field and from the donors...xthumbsupx

BEAR
February 6th, 2018, 06:35 PM
That’s no joke. My daughter (Junior) runs track and cross country and has had several divisions III, division II, and couple division I Colleges email her. I really don’t care where she goes as long as she get a good education.

Thats great news! I'm sure you're proud of her and I'm sure she will go where she will get a great edUCAtion!

Wildcat1997
February 6th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Is everyone having a signing day show tomorrow? Our’s will be at 5 in the club level of Wildcat Stadium. Speaking of which, it’s really nice we get to have it there now.

lionsrking2
February 6th, 2018, 07:09 PM
Is everyone having a signing day show tomorrow? Our’s will be at 5 in the club level of Wildcat Stadium. Speaking of which, it’s really nice we get to have it there now.

Southeastern Louisiana will have their signing day event beginning at 5:30 pm until 7 pm, with the first hour carried live on our radio network ... barring any last minute changes, we'll sign eight new players in this period, in addition to eight early signees, plus two announced FBS transfers (anticipating at least two more), for a total of 18-20.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DU5OyyeUQAAjKlK.jpg

BEAR
February 6th, 2018, 09:08 PM
UCA just announced it ended its contract with Adidas.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27066&stc=1

BEAR
February 6th, 2018, 09:23 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27068&stc=1

Wildcat1997
February 6th, 2018, 09:51 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27066&stc=1Us Nike schools have to stick together.

SFA 93
February 7th, 2018, 07:07 AM
http://sfajacks.com/images/2018/2/6/Signing_Day_Preview_Photo.jpg?width=1024&height=576&mode=crop

http://sfajacks.com/news/2018/2/6/sfa-football-set-for-national-signing-day-2018.aspx

ESPN3 coverage

alvin.kmiec
February 7th, 2018, 08:11 AM
Thats great news! I'm sure you're proud of her and I'm sure she will go where she will get a great edUCAtion!

Thanks. She is hoping Sam will recruit her but being in a 2A school her chances are slim. I wouldn’t minded one bit if UCA recruited her at all. Her dream is to come back home and coach track and cross country team. Her coaches feel she would be a good coach, she is already helping with the Jr. high and JV teams now. She has ran on the varsity team every year and has been to state every year. But she is always just out of winning a metal every year. She runs every day about 5-6 miles around the ranch. I tell her one day a wild hog will chase her and help her find that extra gear she needs.🐗🤠

BEAR
February 7th, 2018, 08:18 AM
Thanks. She is hoping Sam will recruit her but being in a 2A school her chances are slim. I wouldn’t minded one bit if UCA recruited her at all. Her dream is to come back home and coach track and cross country team. Her coaches feel she would be a good coach, she is already helping with the Jr. high and JV teams now. She has ran on the varsity team every year and has been to state every year. But she is always just out of winning a metal every year. She runs every day about 5-6 miles around the ranch. I tell her one day a wild hog will chase her and help her find that extra gear she needs.鸞

xlolx Let's hope those hogs keep away from her. They are dangerous in the wild. Speaking of hogs, the uaf razorbacks, with like decades of nattys in track and field, are always looking for good assistant coaches from anywhere in Arkansas. Maybe her getting an ed-UCA-tion close by the school will help her chances in her quest to coach college T & F. xnodx UCA itself is mediocre in track with a few amazing standouts but overall team strength isn't there IMO. If she is going the high school route, UCA has an amazing teachers degree program that will get her there PLUS they now have a masters in exercise science that is wholly online! But wherever she goes, hope she enjoys it!

Outsider1
February 7th, 2018, 11:37 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27074&stc=1

alvin.kmiec
February 7th, 2018, 05:22 PM
xlolx Let's hope those hogs keep away from her. They are dangerous in the wild. Speaking of hogs, the uaf razorbacks, with like decades of nattys in track and field, are always looking for good assistant coaches from anywhere in Arkansas. Maybe her getting an ed-UCA-tion close by the school will help her chances in her quest to coach college T & F. xnodx UCA itself is mediocre in track with a few amazing standouts but overall team strength isn't there IMO. If she is going the high school route, UCA has an amazing teachers degree program that will get her there PLUS they now have a masters in exercise science that is wholly online! But wherever she goes, hope she enjoys it!

I just read your post to her and I think her head grew a few inches wider.🤪 The exercise science program sounds interesting. She got interests from small schools in Missouri, Indiana, and North Caroline. She loves the cold to so it doesn’t matter if she ends up up there. But it would be better it she got in at UCA. We could travel up there easier to see her.

Wildcat1997
February 9th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Former Nicholls OL coach Mario Jeberaeel is the new OL coach at ACU. Dorrel hired him since he wanted to focus more on the overall team, and not just the OL. I'm sure Dorrel will still have a lot of input so overall, I think it's a decent hire.

SFA 93
February 10th, 2018, 06:48 AM
SFA OL Coach Bill Best headed to Rice.

SFA looking to fill the OC, RB, and now OL coaching positions.

katss07
February 10th, 2018, 11:16 AM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27066&stc=1
UCA needed some new uniforms! Congrats on what I would consider a big step up.

BEAR
February 11th, 2018, 08:36 PM
Driving home the other day I saw several players out on the field practicing without the coaches. That's a good sign. Players doin it on their own.

lionsrking2
February 12th, 2018, 06:02 AM
Driving home the other day I saw several players out on the field practicing without the coaches. That's a good sign. Players doin it on their own.

That's what they're supposed to be doing. It would be a really bad sign if you rarely see them working on their own.

BEAR
February 12th, 2018, 07:21 AM
That's what they're supposed to be doing. It would be a really bad sign if you rarely see them working on their own.

Well I imagine they have been practicing in the indoor facility out of view of the public in the past. Recently we've had one day of 60 degrees and the next would be 16 degrees. Crazy weather. But you are right about practicing on their own. They've lost 3 games in conference in the last 3 years so I guess they've been busy out of our sight. xlolx

BEAR
February 14th, 2018, 08:35 AM
UCA has found its newest QB... (per the announcement above from coach Nathan Brown)

BESEAN MCCOY:
• 2017 Season Passing Stats: 167/241 2,208 Yards 20 TD
• 2017 Season Rushing Stats: 71 Rushes 608 Yards 8 TD
• 247 2 Star Recruit
• 247 123rd Rated Dual Threat QB in nation
• 247 424th Rated recruit in Florida
• ESPN 3 Star Recruit
• 2017 First Team District 5-8A
• Orlando Sentinel All Orlando Team
• Florida 8A State Champion Quarterback
• FHSAA All-State Honorable Mention
*Other Offers: Georgia Southern, Charleston Southern, Kent State, UAB, McNeese State

Add QB Breylin Smith who is also a dual threat QB, UCA will be a very different offense than the past pocket passer game the SLC has seen from us. Excited about both these QBs.
Luke Hales, another QB picked up last year, has the accuracy of Nathan Brown and the legs of Cedric Battle but suffered from an injury in high school that has slowed his progress. We may never see him on the field. His high school highlights are amazing. Hope something works out for him and he gets to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I'm seeing it may be Besean McCray NOT McCoy. Good grief. Our athletic admins are HORRIBLE.

SFA 93
February 14th, 2018, 11:39 AM
And so it begins
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWAkDd5UMAEY3nt.jpg

Panther88
February 14th, 2018, 11:55 AM
And so it begins
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWAkDd5UMAEY3nt.jpg

Your school, on paper, has a LOT of physical talent (lately). Never understood why you guys couldn’t put it all together for a serious playoff run. Lack of great coaching/schemes? xsmhx

BEAR
February 14th, 2018, 04:03 PM
Something interesting from coach Brown...

https://twitter.com/NathanBrownUCA/status/963878228938100737https://twitter.com/NathanBrownUCA/status/963878228938100737

SFA 93
February 14th, 2018, 04:21 PM
There is for sure a serious sense of urgency from the coaching staff to put it together this season.

Conque himself said no excuses.

Our current AD Robert Hill is retiring at the end of this academic year, so with new blood coming in at AD and the guy who hired you is about to be out, Conque and company better show they belong.

We have a new strength and conditioning coach so new routines (earlier wakeup calls) as you can see here in the picture.

Also the coaching staff is down to only two of the original staff members that Conque started with 5 seasons ago. Still looking to fill OC, RB, and OL coaching positions.

The key is Sawyer playing a full season.

43 Upper class men returning, over 30 players returning with starting experience, and back to back solid recruiting classes. Depth to go 3 or more deep at every position.

If it don't happen this season, it ain't happening.

So yes on paper...

OFFENSE

QB:#12 Foster Sawyer 6-5; 230 (Sr.) **** #13 QB; #2 (Texas) (Scout)
G:16;ATT:186;CMP:105;CP%:.56%;YDS:1056;TD:7;RTD:1; INT:1

RB:#00 Jae'lon Oglesby 5-11; 175 (Jr.) **** #1 APB; #2 (South Carolina) (247sports)

WR:#2 Frank Iheanacho 6-6; 225 (Sr.) **** #20 WR; #17 (Texas) (Rivals)
G:29;REC:40;YDS:388;TD:1

WR:#5 Terian Goree 6-3; 175 (Sr.) *** #96 (Texas) (Rivals)
G:32;REC:93;YDS:785;TD:5

OL:#75 Josiah Hunter 6-4; 317 (Sr.) **
OL:#52 A.J. Brown 6-2; 300 (Jr.)
OL:#64 Travis Lock 6-3; 290 (Jr.)
OL:#71 Devonte Jones 6-3; 310 (Jr.) *** (ALL-SLC) #74 G (247sports)
OL:#78 Jimmy Price 6-4; 285 (So.) ** #50 T (Lone Star)

TE:#85 Bryce Wempa 6-5; 248 (Jr.) *** #1 JUCO TE (Scout)

WR:#80 Tamrick Pace 6-3; 200 (Jr.) *** (ALL-SLC) (247sports)
G:22;REC:105;YDS:1481;TD:13

K:#36 Storm Ruiz 5-10; 170 (Jr.)
FGA:35;FGM:27;LNG:44;APAT:65;MPAT:65

DEFENSE

DE:#94 Demetrion Amie 6-4; 272 (Sr.)
G:26;TKL:34;TFL:7.5;SCK:4.5;FF:1;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0; QBH:0;BLK:1
DT:#93 Lamont Alexander 6-3; 305 (Sr.)
G:32;TKL:91;TFL:7.5;SCK:3.5;FF:0;FR:1;PBU:0;INT:0; QBH:0
DT:#77 Rayshad Nichols 6-3; 300 (So.)
G:11;TKL:36;TFL:7.5;SCK:1.0;FF:0;FR:2;PBU:0;INT:0; QBH:5

LB:#42 Teddy Britton 5-11; 226 (Jr.)
G:22;TKL:57;TFL:7.5;SCK:0.0;FF:2;FR:0;PBU:1;INT:0; QBH:4
LB:#54 Spencer Choka 6-0; 228 (Jr.) *** #71 ILB
G:22;TKL:66;TFL:7.0;SCK:2.0;FF:0;FR:1;PBU:0;INT:0; QBH:2
LB:#50 Ryan Woods 6-1; 220 (Sr.)
G:21;TKL:77;TFL:9.5;SCK:0.5;FF:0;FR:1;PBU:1;INT:0; QBH:1

S:#33 Alize Ward 5-10; 195 (Jr.) ** ALL-SLC
G:22;TKL:134;TFL:5.5;SCK:0.5;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:12;INT: 5;QBH:0;TD:1

CB:#23 Aretavious Hendrix 6-1; 185 (Jr.) ** #37 CB JUCO
G:0;TKL:0;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QB H:0
S:#38 Trenton Gordon 5-11; 195 (So.) **
G:10;TKL:76;TFL:1.5;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:1;PBU:0;INT:0; QBH:0
S:#3 Lawrence Ghansah 6-0; 195 (Sr.)
G:32;TKL:98;TFL:5.5;SCK:1.5;FF:1;FR:0;PBU:3;INT:2; QBH:0
CB:#00 Jadarius Byrd 5-10; 170 (Jr.) *** #22 CB JUCO
G:0;TKL:0;TFL:0.0;SCK:0.0;FF:0;FR:0;PBU:0;INT:0;QB H:0

P:#45 Caleb Lewallen 5-10; 190 (Sr.)
P:152;YDS:5,975;AVG:39.3;LNG:63;IN20:23;TB:8

katss07
February 14th, 2018, 05:44 PM
I would love to see SFA make the playoffs. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like the Jacks at all. I hope Sam beats the **** out of them. But I don’t have the same hatred as most SHSU fans have. As long as I have followed FCS Football, they have made the playoffs twice. They have been mediocre. I hope they can turn it around. With all this talent, they need to at least finish top 3. SHSU should have a decent year, as should Nicholls and McNeese. But at least get to the playoffs. I would love to see a Sam-SFA playoff game. The SLC won’t be so top heavy. This is their chance to make a bit of noise...

Wildcat1997
February 18th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Top 30 SLC HS recruits: https://herosports.com/fcs/recruiting-southland-conference-rankings-2018-class-ajaj. No surprise that Sam and UCA lead in recruiting. ACU only has 1 on the list but since our class was mainly transfers it makes sense.

BEAR
February 18th, 2018, 08:44 PM
Top 30 SLC HS recruits: https://herosports.com/fcs/recruiting-southland-conference-rankings-2018-class-ajaj. No surprise that Sam and UCA lead in recruiting. ACU only has 1 on the list but since our class was mainly transfers it makes sense.

Interesting takes. Didn't include a late signee QB for us out of Florida which might have shown up in that top 30 list. UCA will not be the same team as last year but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Talent is yet to be proven for all teams.

McNeese72
February 19th, 2018, 08:21 AM

"We suck again!!"

Doc

BEAR
February 19th, 2018, 08:34 AM
"We suck again!!"

Doc

https://media.tenor.co/images/b5567163f74c3494dce14a2ed2f104dd/raw

UCABEARS75
February 20th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Interesting takes. Didn't include a late signee QB for us out of Florida which might have shown up in that top 30 list. UCA will not be the same team as last year but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Talent is yet to be proven for all teams.

QB in question is # 29

BEAR
February 20th, 2018, 01:24 PM
QB in question is # 29

Blame it on age. xembarrassedx

BEAR
February 27th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Spring football is underway!

https://twitter.com/Ch6Sports/status/967138641737932800

Wildcat1997
February 27th, 2018, 04:42 PM
ACU 2018 schedule:

http://acusports.com/images/logos/Baylor.png?width=80&height=80&mode=max
SEP 1 (SAT) TBA

AT BAYLOR (http://www.baylorbears.com/)

WACO, TEXAS
RADIO: 98.1 FM

http://acusports.com/images/logos/a16.png?width=80&height=80&mode=max
SEP 8 (SAT) TBA

VS ANGELO STATE (http://www.angelosports.com/)

ABILENE, TEXAS WILDCAT STADIUM (http://acusports.com/schedule.aspx?path=football)

http://acusports.com/images/logos/i12.png?width=80&height=80&mode=max
SEP 15 (SAT) TBA
SC

AT HOUSTON BAPTIST (http://www.hbuhuskies.com/)

HOUSTON, TEXAS

http://acusports.com/images/logos/Stephen-F-Austin_.png?width=80&height=80&mode=max
SEP 22 (SAT) TBA
SC

AT STEPHEN F. AUSTIN (http://www.sfajacks.com/)

NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS

http://acusports.com/images/logos/Incarnate-Word.png?width=80&height=80&mode=max
SEP 29 (SAT) TBA
SC

VS INCARNATE WORD (http://www.cardinalathletics.com/)

ABILENE, TEXAS WILDCAT STADIUM (http://acusports.com/schedule.aspx?path=football)

http://acusports.com/images/logos/mcneese_state_logo.png?width=80&height=80&mode=max
OCT 6 (SAT) TBA
SC

AT MCNEESE (http://www.mcneesesports.com/)

LAKE CHARLES, LA.

http://acusports.com/images/logos/Nicholls-State.png?width=80&height=80&mode=max
OCT 13 (SAT) TBA
SC

VS NICHOLLS (http://geauxcolonels.com/)

2018 HOMECOMING

http://acusports.com/images/logos/s7.png?width=80&height=80&mode=max
OCT 20 (SAT) TBA
SC

AT SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA (http://www.lionsports.net/)

HAMMOND, LA.

http://acusports.com/images/logos/northwestern_state_logo.png?width=80&height=80&mode=max
NOV 3 (SAT) TBA
SC

VS NORTHWESTERN STATE (http://www.nsudemons.com/)

http://acusports.com/images/logos/Sam-Houston-State-University.png?width=80&height=80&mode=max
NOV 10 (SAT)
SC

AT SAM HOUSTON STATE (http://www.gobearkats.com/)

HUNTSVILLE, TEXAS

http://acusports.com/images/logos/v6.png?width=80&height=80&mode=max
NOV 17 (SAT) TBA
SC

VS CENTRAL ARKANSAS (http://www.ucasports.com/)

Something that should really help the Wildcats in 2018 and beyond is that we will now be flying instead of taking a bus to out of state games: One thing that Dorrel and his staff hope will help their squad this season is that – with the help of generous donors – the Wildcats and travel party will be taking charter flights into and out of Lake Charles, La., and Hammond, La., this season. That trend will continue as the program is on pace to begin flying to each out-of-state conference game beginning in 2018.

Dorrel – who began pushing for that to happen last year – said he believes cutting down on travel time and time sitting on buses will help his team on the road, at home and in the classroom.

"This is a huge deal for our program and something we've really been selling on the recruiting trail," he said. "This gives us the ability to get on a plane and be back in Abilene just a few hours after we play instead of starting at bus rides that get us into town at 9 or 10 a.m. on Sunday. That puts our staff behind in preparation for the next opponent, and it also kills our guys in terms of the work they do in the classroom. Those guys do a lot of work in the classroom on Sunday and Monday, and this will allow them to be able to get back at a relatively decent hour, get some rest and get caught up in the classroom on our two off days. I can't thank enough the donors that made this possible for our program."

McNeese75
February 27th, 2018, 04:54 PM
Nice to have the dinero to do that xnodx

Outsider1
February 27th, 2018, 07:46 PM
2018 ACU SPRING FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Practice #1 – Thursday, March 1
Practice #2 – Friday, March 2
Practice #3 – Tuesday, March 6
Practice #4 – Wednesday, March 7
Practice #5 – Thursday, March 8
Practice #6 – Friday, March 9
Practice #7 – Monday, March 19
Practice #8 – Wednesday, March 21
Practice #9 – Friday, March 23
Practice #10 – Tuesday, March 27
Practice #11 – Wednesday, Feb. 28
Practice #12 *– Thursday, March 29
Practice #13 – Tuesday, April 3
Practice #14 – Wednesday, April 4
Spring Game – Friday, April 6, 6 p.m.
Don Smith Golf Tournament – Saturday, April 7 (Diamondback Golf Club)

BEAR
February 27th, 2018, 08:11 PM
2018 ACU SPRING FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Don Smith Golf Tournament – Saturday, April 7 (Diamondback Golf Club)

Those golf tourneys raise some nice cash! Looking at your schedule for the season. What do you think your final record will be at the end of the season?

Daytripper
February 28th, 2018, 06:04 AM
Those golf tourneys raise some nice cash! Looking at your schedule for the season. What do you think your final record will be at the end of the season?

I see ACU going 6-5 this season.
Should beat Angelo State, HBU, Incarnate Word, Northwestern St.
Will probably pick up two more wins among SFA, McNeese, SELA, and Nicholls
Likely losses to SHSU, UCA and Baylor

BEAR
February 28th, 2018, 07:27 AM
I see ACU going 6-5 this season.
Should beat Angelo State, HBU, Incarnate Word, Northwestern St.
Will probably pick up two more wins among SFA, McNeese, SELA, and Nicholls
Likely losses to SHSU, UCA and Baylor

What's sad is I have NO idea how UCA will do. I see some say we got a good recruiting class but losing H.H. at QB is a hit just as losing Nathan was in 2008, Briscoe will be this year, or Moses was for SFA. I can't put a finger on what games we will likely win besides HBU, IUW and NWST. Everyone else is a toss up after watching the games last year. xlolx

McNeese72
February 28th, 2018, 09:15 AM
McNeese Spring practice starts today. No Spring Game as the stadium turf is being replaced. Also, no announced planned scrimmages. They will scrimmage at the end of some practices.

2018 McNeese Football Spring Practice Schedule
Feb. 28 – Helmets, 3 p.m.
Mar. 2 – Helmets, 3 p.m.
Mar. 3 – Shells, 10 a.m.
Mar. 6 – Full Pads, 3 p.m.
Mar. 7 – Full Pads, 3 p.m.
Mar. 9 – Full Pads, 3 p.m.
Mar. 10 – Full Pads, 10 a.m.
Mar. 13 – Full Pads, 3 p.m.
Mar. 14 – Full Pads, 3 p.m.
Mar. 16 – Full Pads, 3 p.m.
Mar. 17 – Full Pads, 10 a.m.
Mar. 20 – Shells, 3 p.m.
Mar. 21 – Full Pads, 3 p.m.
Mar. 23 – Helmets, 3 p.m.
Mar. 24 – Full Pads, 10 a.m.

Doc

Wildcat1997
February 28th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Those golf tourneys raise some nice cash! Looking at your schedule for the season. What do you think your final record will be at the end of the season?I predict a 6-5 season like Daytripper. We are deeper at most positions now compared to last year plus the players will be more comfortable with our staff and what they expect from them.

Outsider1
February 28th, 2018, 12:48 PM
My hope is a 6-5 season as well, but it could also be a 5-6 depending on how things go. A 5-6 would still be a decent improvement over the last two years. A lot just depends on how big our leap ends up being. We have a lot more players here for Spring and more that will be ready to play in the Fall. I would still be pleasantly surprised if that translated into a 7-4 record by next year....

Outsider1
February 28th, 2018, 12:51 PM

They purposely scheduled the golf tournament the day after the Spring Game and can imagine it will remain that way. That was very good planning.

Outsider1
February 28th, 2018, 12:55 PM
What's sad is I have NO idea how UCA will do. I see some say we got a good recruiting class but losing H.H. at QB is a hit just as losing Nathan was in 2008, Briscoe will be this year, or Moses was for SFA. I can't put a finger on what games we will likely win besides HBU, IUW and NWST. Everyone else is a toss up after watching the games last year. xlolx

I would be surprised if UCA's drop in momentum was extremely big next year, but it will be interesting to watch. How quickly does everyone come together with all the changes. That was huge for us last year. Add in the just finished transitioning with too few of scholarships and the issue was compounded for us. UCA doesn't have that dual sided issue at least.

BEAR
February 28th, 2018, 03:04 PM
I would be surprised if UCA's drop in momentum was extremely big next year, but it will be interesting to watch. How quickly does everyone come together with all the changes. That was huge for us last year. Add in the just finished transitioning with too few of scholarships and the issue was compounded for us. UCA doesn't have that dual sided issue at least.

That's true. That's why I felt sorry for Ken when he was your coach. He was coaching short handed..short handed on players and short handed on offerings (i.e. no post season etc). I really enjoyed ACU games when we were both division II and I expected ACU to step up when they arrived and it was disappointing BUT I'm glad to see ACU getting to full strength with plenty to offer. xthumbsupx

SFA 93
February 28th, 2018, 06:32 PM
SFA 2018 SPRING

Monday, March 26 | Practice 1 | 3:50 p.m. | Homer Bryce Stadium
Tuesday, March 27 | Practice 2 | 3:50 p.m. | Homer Bryce Stadium
Thursday, March 29 | Practice 3 | 3:50 p.m. | Homer Bryce Stadium
Monday, April 2 | Practice 4 | 3:50 p.m. | Homer Bryce Stadium
Wednesday, April 4 | Practice 5 | 3:50 p.m. | Homer Bryce Stadium
Friday, April 6 | Practice 6 | 3:50 p.m. | Homer Bryce Stadium
Saturday, April 7 | Scrimmage 1 | 2 p.m. | Nacogdoches High School
Monday, April 9 | Practice 8 | 3:50 p.m. | Homer Bryce Stadium
Wednesday, April 11 | Practice 9 | 3:50 p.m. | Homer Bryce Stadium
Friday, April 13 | Practice 10 | 3:50 p.m. | Homer Bryce Stadium
Saturday, April 14 | Scrimmage 2 | 2 p.m. | Homer Bryce Stadium
Monday, April 16 | Practice 12 | 3:50 p.m. | Homer Bryce Stadium
Wednesday, April 18 | Practice 13 | 3:50 p.m. | Homer Bryce Stadium
Friday, April 20 | Practice 14 | 3:50 p.m. | Homer Bryce Stadium
Saturday, April 21 | 2018 Spring Game | 6 p.m. | Homer Bryce Stadium

Sammy94
March 1st, 2018, 07:53 AM
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180228113041367035704

Southland Outlook

Outsider1
March 1st, 2018, 08:26 AM
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180228113041367035704

Southland Outlook

I think the article hits some good basic points. I think this 2018 season will be an improved overall season for the Southland. I am hoping we start garnering a little respect anyway.

BEAR
March 1st, 2018, 08:45 AM
UCA:
WHAT TO KNOW: The Southland champs disappointed in the playoffs while former coach Steve Campbell was said to be preoccupied with the South Alabama opening. He departed right after the season

Yeah, the REGULAR season. Well said by the writer. Preoccupied. Let's change that to "checked out". xcoffeex

Daytripper
March 1st, 2018, 02:05 PM
[COLOR=#2E2E2E][FONT=Roboto]UCA:

Yeah, the REGULAR season. Well said by the writer. Preoccupied. Let's change that to "checked out". xcoffeex

Amazing that there are four new head coaches in the conference... It will be interesting to see which ones can turn things around (except UCA, which is good already). I would place odds that only one will be successful long-term.

BEAR
March 1st, 2018, 02:43 PM
Amazing that there are four new head coaches in the conference... It will be interesting to see which ones can turn things around (except UCA, which is good already). I would place odds that only one will be successful long-term.

Hey I give SFA and Clamp Crank this year...that's it. This is their season to make the playoffs and maybe even win the conference. Yes, I know he's not a first year...more like a LAST year if he doesn't step up...seriously. He thinks the vice was on him in Conway, at a school with no money, because of his off field issues, wait until SFA, a school WITH money and resources says "no more!" because of his inability to produce ON FIELD.

Most UCA fans think Brown will not fare as well as our previous..um ...coach if you want to call him that. That's ok. We lost some serious talent. I expect a game or two drop. Morris of IUW and Laird of NWST are just clucked by location. SLU's coach Scelfo had better make good with his talent though.

SFA 93
March 1st, 2018, 09:20 PM
I would have to agree it is a make or break season for Coach Conque and the Lumberjacks.

We are loaded with experience and talent, if it's going to happen, now is the time.

184 days from finding out.

QB:#12 Foster Sawyer 6-5; 230 (Sr.) **** #13 QB; #2 TX
QB:#10 Jake Blumrick 6-2; 202 (Jr.)

RB:#00 Jae’lon Oglesby 5-11; 175 (Jr.) **** #3 N; #1 APB; #2 SC
RB:#32 Jamall Shaw 5-11; 215 (Jr.) ** #178 RB; #40 OK

WR:#2 Frank Iheanacho 6-6; 225 (Sr.) **** #88 N; #13 WR; #12 TX
WR:#82 Cody Williams 6-3; 212 (Jr.) **

OL:#78 Jimmy Price 6-4; 295 (So.) ** #24 OT (Lone Star)
OL:#76 Cooper Williams 6-4; 312 (So.) **

OL:#52 A.J. Brown 6-2; 308 (Jr.)
OL:#65 Hayden Scott 6-2; 295 (Sr.)

OL:#64 Travis Lock 6-3; 295 (Jr.)
OL:#68 Tanner Elliott 6-3; 295 (So.) ** #7 OC JUCO

OL:#71 Devonte Jones 6-3; 310 (Jr.) *** #68 OG; #172 TX (ALL-SLC)
OL:#66 Zach Mack 6-3; 312 (So.) **

OL:#75 Josiah Hunter 6-5; 322 (Sr.) ** JUCO
OL:#71 Jeffrey Rose 6-4; 290 (Fr.) **

TE:#89 Bryce Wempa 6-5; 255 (Jr.) *** #1 TE JUCO
TE:#87 Allen Arclies III 6-4; 235 (So.)

WR:#5 Terian Goree 6-1; 175 (Sr.) *** #96 TX
WR:#22 Josh Thompson 5-10; 185 (R/Fr.) ***

WR:#80 Tamrick Pace 6-3; 200 (Jr.) *** #115 ATH (2X ALL-SLC)
WR:#88 Dylan Parker 6-3; 212 (So.)

K:#36 Storm Ruiz 5-10; 170 (Jr.)

DE:#94 Demetrion Amie 6-5; 272 (Sr.)
DE:#57 Gary Sampson 6-3; 280 (Jr.)

DT:#93 Lamont Alexander 6-3; 305 (Sr.)
DT:#99 Shaq Anderson 6-0; 305 (Sr.)

DT:#77 Rayshad Nichols 6-3; 315 (So.)
DT:#92 Larron Cox 6-2; 282 (So.) **

LB:#42 Teddy Britton 5-11; 218 (Jr.)
LB:#49 Terrance Potts 6-2; 225 (Sr.) JUCO

LB:#54 Spencer Choka 6-0; 228 (Jr.) *** #71 ILB
LB:#50 Ryan Woods 6-1; 225 (Sr.)

LB:#43 Anthony Jacobs 5-11; 228 (Jr.)
LB:#7 Quin Jones 6-0; 232 (Jr.) ** #5 OLB JUCO

S:#33 Alize Ward 5-10; 195 (Jr.) ** (ALL-SLC)
S:#3 Lawrence Ghansah 6-0; 195 (Sr.)

CB:#21 Davelle Fox 5-11; 185 (Sr.)
CB:#00 Jadarius Byrd 5-10; 170 (Jr.) *** #22 CB JUCO

S:#14 Trey Ramos 6-0; 188 (So.) **
S:#38 Trenton Gordon 5-11; 195 (So.) **

CB:#1 Aretavious Hendrix 6-1; 185 (Jr.) ** #37 CB JUCO
CB:#26 Eli Jones 5-10; 170 (So.)

P:#45 Caleb Lewallen 5-10; 200 (Sr.)

Daytripper
March 2nd, 2018, 07:54 AM
Hey I give SFA and Clamp Crank this year...that's it. This is their season to make the playoffs and maybe even win the conference. Yes, I know he's not a first year...more like a LAST year if he doesn't step up...seriously. He thinks the vice was on him in Conway, at a school with no money, because of his off field issues, wait until SFA, a school WITH money and resources says "no more!" because of his inability to produce ON FIELD.

Most UCA fans think Brown will not fare as well as our previous..um ...coach if you want to call him that. That's ok. We lost some serious talent. I expect a game or two drop. Morris of IUW and Laird of NWST are just clucked by location. SLU's coach Scelfo had better make good with his talent though.

If I was to put money on one first-year coach being successful over the next couple of years, I would take Morris at UIW. It's a good private school with resources, and a fertile recruiting ground in San Antonio and Austin. His style of offense will also bring in good skill players.

Outsider1
March 2nd, 2018, 09:26 AM
You Lumber Jacks should be scary in 2018 if everything comes together.

Catatonic
March 2nd, 2018, 09:35 AM
You Lumber Jacks should be scary in 2018 if everything comes together.

If they ever put a staff together that can coach as well as they can recruit, the Jacks could be scary good.

Outsider1
March 2nd, 2018, 09:40 AM
If they ever put a staff together that can coach as well as they can recruit, the Jacks could be scary good.

Yeah, the big Bo on our thread hates it when I use the word should, ;)

Sammy94
March 2nd, 2018, 02:23 PM
Yeah, the big Bo on our thread hates it when I use the word should, ;)

The jacks always have the hype and are always the biggest disappointment. I expect another 6-5 season, maybe even 7-4 which should be good enough to keep the coaching staff. Obviously football isn't a big concern at the Kansas of the Southland.

Outsider1
March 2nd, 2018, 04:23 PM
The jacks always have the hype and are always the biggest disappointment. I expect another 6-5 season, maybe even 7-4 which should be good enough to keep the coaching staff. Obviously football isn't a big concern at the Kansas of the Southland.

That is what I am wondering, because what I see on paper should put them with a better record. I know translating that onto the grass is a different story. Honestly I didn't look very close at their previous recruits to see how much better they would/could be...

Outsider1
March 2nd, 2018, 04:29 PM
We had roughly 75-80 out for our first Spring practice yesterday (will definitely be more by Fall). It was shorts and no pads, so just a lot of position drills and small scrimmage plays. The general consensus is that we have bulked up and getting better athletically, but after one practice we can't see a whole lot. The kids seem to have good energy. I am hoping that translates into gelling quickly as a team and building good chemistry quickly. I think our returners and transfers should be a good mix. My biggest prayer is every player stays and works their way through the system.

*** At this point I am putting my "I think" in the same category as "should", but we will see. I do believe Dorrel will have much more to work with over all this next year with what he wants to do... ***

Wildcat1997
March 3rd, 2018, 10:33 AM
UIW football player arrested in connection to bar fight that broke man's jaw: https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/crime/article/UIW-football-player-arrested-in-connection-to-a-12722671.php

Outsider1
March 4th, 2018, 10:36 AM
UIW football player arrested in connection to bar fight that broke man's jaw: https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/crime/article/UIW-football-player-arrested-in-connection-to-a-12722671.php

So if the cameras didn't show what led up to the fight I wonder if it started somewhere else or with no audio you couldn't really tell exactly what was going on before?

katss07
March 5th, 2018, 07:07 PM
Kats just announced their schedule today officially. I wish UND was better. We play UCA and Nicholls right off the bat. If we can split those games I think we can compete for a SLC title and a playoff spot. No McNeese again, but hopefully SELA can have a good year.

SFA 93
March 5th, 2018, 07:37 PM
New coaches added to the coaching staff

http://sfajacks.com/images/2018/2/28/Coaches2018.jpg?width=1024&height=576&mode=crop

Kevin Barbay (QBs Coach)
http://floridagators.com/mobile/staff.aspx?staff=106

Dan Clark (OL Coach)
http://goredbirds.com/coaches.aspx?rc=143&path=football

Jeff Bowen (TE Coach)
http://www.nsudemons.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1387&path=football

DC Jeff Byrd has been promoted to Assistant Head Coach
and Jeremy Hammock has been moved to RB coach

http://sfajacks.com/news/2018/3/5/head-coach-clint-conque-announces-staffing-changes-for-lumberjack-football.aspx

SFA 93
March 6th, 2018, 10:24 AM
Interesting

https://twitter.com/TomBurnettSLC/status/971058503971475456

Outsider1
March 6th, 2018, 10:38 AM
New coaches added to the coaching staff

http://sfajacks.com/images/2018/2/28/Coaches2018.jpg?width=1024&height=576&mode=crop

Kevin Barbay (QBs Coach)
http://floridagators.com/mobile/staff.aspx?staff=106

Dan Clark (OL Coach)
http://goredbirds.com/coaches.aspx?rc=143&path=football

Jeff Bowen (TE Coach)
http://www.nsudemons.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1387&path=football

DC Jeff Byrd has been promoted to Assistant Head Coach
and Jeremy Hammock has been moved to RB coach

http://sfajacks.com/news/2018/3/5/head-coach-clint-conque-announces-staffing-changes-for-lumberjack-football.aspx

I think this will help translate talent to results. We added an OL coach which will help us there I think.

Outsider1
March 6th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Interesting

https://twitter.com/TomBurnettSLC/status/971058503971475456

This will definitely be interesting to follow, could have big ramifications.

BEAR
March 6th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Kats just announced their schedule today officially. I wish UND was better. We play UCA and Nicholls right off the bat. If we can split those games I think we can compete for a SLC title and a playoff spot. No McNeese again, but hopefully SELA can have a good year.

You also have SFA right after us. I hear this may be their year.

Our schedule in 2019 SUCKS for home games:

ROAD against WKU
ROAD against Austin Peay
HOME against ACU
ROAD against Hawaii
ROAD against Nicholls.

That's 4 of the first 5 games on the road. SERIOUSLY???!!!! How are we supposed to get a fan base interested in our program with THAT sorry schedule?! Yeah, the deer care if we didn't get a home stand until Oct. 12....

BEAR
March 6th, 2018, 10:46 AM
This will definitely be interesting to follow, could have big ramifications.

Honestly it wouldn't bother me at all to see players wearing these during the game...I mean hockey goalies wear MASSIVE gear...they could design them to match the unis..

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.h8eP5DU2xRyzyzstIrmvpAHaEK&pid=Api

Outsider1
March 6th, 2018, 10:48 AM
Honestly it wouldn't bother me at all to see players wearing these during the game...I mean hockey goalies wear MASSIVE gear...they could design them to match the unis..

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.h8eP5DU2xRyzyzstIrmvpAHaEK&pid=Api

I still wonder how effective it would be with the intensity of today's hits?

BEAR
March 6th, 2018, 10:51 AM
I still wonder how effective it would be with the intensity of today's hits?

True. But helmets have quite a bit of padding on the inside and to add a layer outside should reduce damage even more. I gotta wonder if the hits do more damage than the ground does anyway. I stepped onto War Memorial field not long ago and it felt like a plastic mat on a concrete slab. Yikes.

Serpentor
March 6th, 2018, 11:54 AM

Our schedule in 2019 SUCKS for home games:

ROAD against WKU
ROAD against Austin Peay
HOME against ACU
ROAD against Hawaii
ROAD against Nicholls.

That's 4 of the first 5 games on the road. SERIOUSLY???!!!! How are we supposed to get a fan base interested in our program with THAT sorry schedule?! Yeah, the deer care if we didn't get a home stand until Oct. 12....

At least your kids get to go to Hawaii...

Serpentor
March 6th, 2018, 12:09 PM
In a sign of outstanding planning, our AD has decided to forego having a bye week in the middle of the season and instead just start a week later from everyone else.

Sammy94
March 6th, 2018, 01:18 PM

Just like it's the Dallas Cowboys year......every year.

BEAR
March 6th, 2018, 02:53 PM
In a sign of outstanding planning, our AD has decided to forego having a bye week in the middle of the season and instead just start a week later from everyone else.

So your bye week is week 1 of the season? Then the grind begins...

katss07
March 6th, 2018, 02:59 PM
So your bye week is week 1 of the season? Then the grind begins...
Yeah, but I would trade a mid season bye for us to get UIW, ACU and HBU in the last three games of the season any year.

Outsider1
March 6th, 2018, 03:01 PM
True. But helmets have quite a bit of padding on the inside and to add a layer outside should reduce damage even more. I gotta wonder if the hits do more damage than the ground does anyway. I stepped onto War Memorial field not long ago and it felt like a plastic mat on a concrete slab. Yikes.

Agree

BEAR
March 6th, 2018, 03:06 PM
At least your kids get to go to Hawaii...

That's true. We went there in 2009 when we were D2 transitioning to the SLC.

-per the Hawaii site:

WARRIORS WIN THRILLER OVER CENTRAL ARKANSAS IN SEASON OPENER (http://hawaiiathletics.com/news/2009/9/5/FB_0905093929.aspx)
SEP 4, 2009HONOLULU – The University of Hawai`i Warrior football team escaped with a 25-20 season-opening win over Central Arkansas Friday night at Aloha Stadium. Greg Alexander (http://hawaiiathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5325) found Rodney Bradley (http://hawaiiathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5425) in the back of the end zone for an 8-yard score with 1:22 left to lift UH.

xbangx

McCowboys
March 6th, 2018, 04:58 PM
If I was to put money on one first-year coach being successful over the next couple of years, I would take Morris at UIW. It's a good private school with resources, and a fertile recruiting ground in San Antonio and Austin. His style of offense will also bring in good skill players.

True. Look at this donation from a hospital: https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/college_sports/local_colleges/article/UIW-Athletics-receives-250-000-donation-from-12729804.php

McNeese72
March 8th, 2018, 03:50 PM
The Cowboys have been holding spring practices for over a week now and there hasn't been one line of media coverages on the practices. :(

Stealth mode?? xconfusedx

Doc

Daytripper
March 8th, 2018, 05:26 PM
The Cowboys have been holding spring practices for over a week now and there hasn't been one line of media coverages on the practices. :(

Stealth mode?? xconfusedx

Doc

Did you guys steal our athletic department??

BEAR
March 8th, 2018, 07:42 PM
Did you guys steal our athletic department??

No the SLC has a ban on promoting their programs in SEC country. xlolx

Outsider1
March 9th, 2018, 04:54 AM
We haven't had much either. Like usual the early Spring reports are coming through us diehard eyes on the ground. I am hoping by next week we should be getting more.

pokefan02
March 10th, 2018, 05:33 PM
There has been more coverage of a Visiting Coach than of the team

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Serpentor
March 14th, 2018, 07:39 PM
No the SLC has a ban on promoting their programs in SEC country. xlolx

Promotion? Sharing details with the fans? A Jedi craves not these things...

Wildcat1997
March 15th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Saints owner and longtime UIW supporter Tom Benson passed away at age 90 today. Awful to hear.

McCowboys
March 15th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Saints owner and longtime UIW supporter Tom Benson passed away at age 90 today. Awful to hear.

Condolences to his family, New Orleans, and UIW.

BEAR
March 16th, 2018, 02:56 PM
Agree

I've seen the padding on the helmets more frequently. The practice the other day I think all of the linemen had them on and some of the defense.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27249&stc=1

BEAR
March 16th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Trying to give credit to Nick Wenger for the photo above but the board is saying I have to enter more than one character....which I did. xlolx

Outsider1
March 18th, 2018, 08:03 PM
So are they using the extra padded helmets only during practice?

BEAR
March 19th, 2018, 07:23 AM
So are they using the extra padded helmets only during practice?

I couldn't tell you.

Serpentor
March 19th, 2018, 11:24 AM
I couldn't tell you.

Careful, if Roger Corman gets his hands on those he'll end up making soldiers in some low-budge post-apocalyptic b-movie wear them.

FormerPokeCenter
March 21st, 2018, 11:34 AM
In other news, McNeese has decided to make drastic changes to Cowboy Stadium.

From this point forward, our stadium's unofficial nickname has been changed from The Hole, to "The Mud Hole"

https://scontent.fads1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29511813_1745615442125711_8558408896392200192_n.jp g?oh=29cc912bcfde5123638a3e6231669869&oe=5B4B3E15

Serpentor
March 21st, 2018, 12:26 PM

From this point forward, our stadium's unofficial nickname has been changed from The Hole, to "The Mud Hole"

https://scontent.fads1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29511813_1745615442125711_8558408896392200192_n.jp g?oh=29cc912bcfde5123638a3e6231669869&oe=5B4B3E15

I think you guys should stop work and keep it as it is, it'll add some character to the conference.

BEAR
March 21st, 2018, 02:35 PM

Use that heavy equipment to flatten that gawd awful yellow ramp at the end of the stadium. xlolx Get your athletic admins to powerwash and paint the stands too. Nothing feels better to fans than a stadium that feels clean. I'll work on getting those stripes ripped out.

alvin.kmiec
March 21st, 2018, 07:16 PM

I say leave as it is and start having mud dog races.🤠

SFA 93
March 21st, 2018, 07:30 PM
SFA's new OC

https://sfasawmill.com/s/494/clint-conque-once-a-prolific-offensive-coordinator-returning-to-roots

BEAR
March 22nd, 2018, 08:25 AM
SFA's new OC

https://sfasawmill.com/s/494/clint-conque-once-a-prolific-offensive-coordinator-returning-to-roots

So Conque will be head coach and OC?

SFA 93
March 22nd, 2018, 04:27 PM
Yes and Kevin Barbay will be QB coach

lionsrking2
March 26th, 2018, 12:12 AM
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Frank Scelfo's staff has been complete for a while now but was officially announced last week, including three holdovers from Roberts' staff (Greg Stevens, Travis Mikel, Brandon Lacy) ... nice mix of youth and veterans, with a variety of coaching backgrounds, including several with NFL and FBS experience ... Louis Cioffi has over 20 years of NFL coaching experience, and will be making his first run at the college level. It'll be interesting to see how he adapts, but so far, so good.

http://lionsports.net/images/2018/3/22/97537974312386275.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7Gh57UQAASTpo.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7FjXxVAAAXBBA.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7E_IXVMAAT8sh.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7DN_zVMAAZ1ll.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7DzwpVAAAWQfh.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7C49tVMAAF6Uy.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7ETX3VoAAdYJ0.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7BvWpVwAUgEZs.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7CgRMVwAA4Zc0.png

2018 Southeastern Louisiana Football Coaching Staff

Greg Stevens (http://lionsports.net/staff.aspx?staff=125) (Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks)
Hometown: Ephraim, Utah
Education: Eastern Oregon, 1992

Coaching Timeline
2018 – Southeastern Louisiana – Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
2014-17 – Eastern Illinois – Offensive Coordinator
2012-13 – Southeastern Louisiana – Offensive Coordinator
2010-11 – Delta State – Offensive Coordinator
2006-09 – Utah State – Wide Receivers Coach
2002-04 – Stephen F. Austin – Offensive Coordinator
1999-01 – Arkansas-Monticello – Offensive Coordinator
1998 – Snow Junior College – Assistant Coach
1995-97 – Eastern Arizona – Assistant Coach
1992-94 – Mesa State – Assistant Coach

Playing Career
Eastern Oregon, QB
Snow JC, QB

Louie Cioffi (http://lionsports.net/staff.aspx?staff=321), Defensive Coordinator
Hometown: Queens, N.Y.
Education: SUNY-Stony Brook, 1995

Coaching Timeline
2018 – Southeastern Louisiana – Defensive Coordinator
2016 – Cleveland Browns – Defensive Backs
2014-15 – Tennessee Titans – Defensive Backs
2013 – Cleveland Browns – Defensive Backs
2011-12 – Arizona Cardinals – Defensive Backs
2003-10 – Cincinnati Bengals – Defensive Backs
1997-02 – Cincinnati Bengals – Defensive Assistant
1995-96 – C.W. Post – Wide Receivers
1993-94 – New York Jets – Coaching Assistant

Brandon Lacy (http://lionsports.net/coaches.aspx?rc=577), Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Line/Run Game Coordinator
Hometown: Edmond, Okla.
Education: Kansas, 2003

Coaching Timeline
2018 – Southeastern Louisiana – Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Line/Run Game Coordinator
2016-17 – Southeastern Louisiana – Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Line/Recruiting Coordinator
2012-15 – Southeastern Louisiana – Defensive Line/Recruiting Coordinator
2009-11 – Southeastern Louisiana – Defensive Line
2008 – Angelo State – Co-Defensive Coordinator
2006-07 – Rice – Defensive Line
2005 – UT Martin – Running Backs
2003-04 – Appalachian State – Assistant Coach

Playing Career
Kansas, DL
UT Martin, DL

Tarence Calais (http://lionsports.net/staff.aspx?staff=320), Defensive Backs/Recruiting Coordinator
Hometown: Patterson, La.
Education: Louisiana Tech, 2011

Coaching Timeline
2018 – Southeastern Louisiana – Defensive Backs/Recruiting Coordinator
2017 – East Texas Baptist University – Defensive Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach
2017 – Washington Redskins – NFL Minority Internship (Training Camp)
2016 – East Texas Baptist University – Defensive Backs
2015 – UT Permian Basin – Defensive Backs
2015 – Patterson High School – Linebackers (Spring)
2014 – Morgan City High School – Defensive Backs

Playing Career
Pittsburgh Power (AFL), DB
Calgary Stampede (CFL), DB
Louisiana Tech, DB

Garret Chachere (http://lionsports.net/staff.aspx?staff=316), Running Backs/Pass Game Coordinator
Hometown: New Orleans, La.
Education: Tulane, 1992

Coaching Timeline
2018 – Southeastern Louisiana – Running Backs/Recruiting Coordinator
2017 – New Mexico Highlands – Offensive Coordinator
2016 – California – Running Backs
2014-15 – California – Linebackers
2013 – California – Defensive Line
2012 – Southern Miss – Tight Ends/Special Teams Coordinator
2011 – Arizona – Running Backs
2009-11 – Arizona – Wide Receivers
2007-08 – Memphis – Special Teams Coordinator
2004-06 – Tulane – Linebackers
1999-03 – Tulane – Linebackers/Punt Return Coordinator
1998 – ULM – Tight Ends/Wide Receivers
1995-97 – Nicholls – Linebackers
1994 – Bucknell – Defensive Backs/Special Teams Coordinator
1993 – Bloomsburg – Defensive Backs
1992 – Cheyney – Defensive Backs/Running Backs

Playing Career
Tulane

Travis Mikel (http://lionsports.net/coaches.aspx?rc=585), Offensive Guards/Centers
Hometown: Ft. Walton Beach, Fla.
Education: Delta State, 2007

Coaching Timeline
2018 – Southeastern Louisiana – Offensive Line
2017 – Southeastern Louisiana – Offensive Line/Director of Football Operations
2016 – Hammond High School – Assistant Coach
2012-15 – Southeastern Louisiana – Offensive Line
2010-11 – Delta State – Offensive Line
2009 – Delta State – Offensive Assistant (OL)
2008 – Delta State – Offensive Assistant (WR)

Playing Career
Delta State, OL

Michael Spurlock (http://lionsports.net/staff.aspx?staff=318), WR/Special Teams
Hometown: Indianola, Miss.
Education: Ole Miss, 2005 (undergraduate); University of Phoenix, 2015 (graduate)

Coaching Career
2017 – UTSA – Special Teams Quality Control/Linebackers Assistant
2016 – Dallas Cowboys – Special Teams Assistant/Defensive Backs Assistant
2016 – Coahoma Community College – Running Backs/Special Teams Coordinator (Spring)
2015 – Philadelphia High School – Assistant Football Coach

Playing Career
NFL, WR/KR/PR, 2006-14 (Arizona Cardinals, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, San Francisco 49ers, San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Detroit Lions, Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bears)
Ole Miss, QB/RB

Chris Lachney (http://lionsports.net/staff.aspx?staff=317), Linebackers
Hometown: Slidell, La.
Education: Southeastern Louisiana, 2003

Coaching Career
2018 – Southeastern Louisiana - Linebackers
2017 – Riverside Academy – Head Football Coach
2012-16 – Riverside Academy – Defensive Coordinator
2008-11 – Brother Martin HS – Defensive Coordinator/Strength and Conditioning Coach
2003-07 – Pope John Paul II HS – Head Football Coach/Head Powerlifting Coach
1998-02 – Pope John Paul II HS – Assistant Football Coach

A.J. Hopp (http://lionsports.net/staff.aspx?staff=319), Tight Ends/Offensive Tackles
Hometown: Akron, Ohio
Education: Slippery Rock, 2011 (undergraduate); Florida Atlantic, 2015 (graduate); Mississippi State, 2016 (graduate)

Coaching Career
2018 – Southeastern Louisiana – Tight Ends/Offensive Tackles
2017 – Houston – Offensive Graduate Assistant
2015-16 – Mississippi State – Offensive Graduate Assistant
2013-14 – Florida Atlantic – Offensive Graduate Assistant/Assistant OL

Playing Career
Slippery Rock, OL

McCowboys
March 27th, 2018, 06:53 AM
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Frank Scelfo's staff has been complete for a while now but was officially announced last week, including three holdovers from Roberts' staff (Greg Stevens, Travis Mikel, Brandon Lacy) ... nice mix of youth and veterans, with a variety of coaching backgrounds, including several with NFL and FBS experience ... Louis Cioffi has over 20 years of NFL coaching experience, and will be making his first run at the college level. It'll be interesting to see how he adapts, but so far, so good.

http://lionsports.net/images/2018/3/22/97537974312386275.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7Gh57UQAASTpo.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7FjXxVAAAXBBA.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7E_IXVMAAT8sh.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7DN_zVMAAZ1ll.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7DzwpVAAAWQfh.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7C49tVMAAF6Uy.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7ETX3VoAAdYJ0.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7BvWpVwAUgEZs.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY7CgRMVwAA4Zc0.png

2018 Southeastern Louisiana Football Coaching Staff

Greg Stevens (http://lionsports.net/staff.aspx?staff=125) (Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks)
Hometown: Ephraim, Utah
Education: Eastern Oregon, 1992

Coaching Timeline
2018 – Southeastern Louisiana – Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
2014-17 – Eastern Illinois – Offensive Coordinator
2012-13 – Southeastern Louisiana – Offensive Coordinator
2010-11 – Delta State – Offensive Coordinator
2006-09 – Utah State – Wide Receivers Coach
2002-04 – Stephen F. Austin – Offensive Coordinator
1999-01 – Arkansas-Monticello – Offensive Coordinator
1998 – Snow Junior College – Assistant Coach
1995-97 – Eastern Arizona – Assistant Coach
1992-94 – Mesa State – Assistant Coach

Playing Career
Eastern Oregon, QB
Snow JC, QB

Louie Cioffi (http://lionsports.net/staff.aspx?staff=321), Defensive Coordinator
Hometown: Queens, N.Y.
Education: SUNY-Stony Brook, 1995

Coaching Timeline
2018 – Southeastern Louisiana – Defensive Coordinator
2016 – Cleveland Browns – Defensive Backs
2014-15 – Tennessee Titans – Defensive Backs
2013 – Cleveland Browns – Defensive Backs
2011-12 – Arizona Cardinals – Defensive Backs
2003-10 – Cincinnati Bengals – Defensive Backs
1997-02 – Cincinnati Bengals – Defensive Assistant
1995-96 – C.W. Post – Wide Receivers
1993-94 – New York Jets – Coaching Assistant

Brandon Lacy (http://lionsports.net/coaches.aspx?rc=577), Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Line/Run Game Coordinator
Hometown: Edmond, Okla.
Education: Kansas, 2003

Coaching Timeline
2018 – Southeastern Louisiana – Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Line/Run Game Coordinator
2016-17 – Southeastern Louisiana – Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Line/Recruiting Coordinator
2012-15 – Southeastern Louisiana – Defensive Line/Recruiting Coordinator
2009-11 – Southeastern Louisiana – Defensive Line
2008 – Angelo State – Co-Defensive Coordinator
2006-07 – Rice – Defensive Line
2005 – UT Martin – Running Backs
2003-04 – Appalachian State – Assistant Coach

Playing Career
Kansas, DL
UT Martin, DL

Tarence Calais (http://lionsports.net/staff.aspx?staff=320), Defensive Backs/Recruiting Coordinator
Hometown: Patterson, La.
Education: Louisiana Tech, 2011

Coaching Timeline
2018 – Southeastern Louisiana – Defensive Backs/Recruiting Coordinator
2017 – East Texas Baptist University – Defensive Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach
2017 – Washington Redskins – NFL Minority Internship (Training Camp)
2016 – East Texas Baptist University – Defensive Backs
2015 – UT Permian Basin – Defensive Backs
2015 – Patterson High School – Linebackers (Spring)
2014 – Morgan City High School – Defensive Backs

Playing Career
Pittsburgh Power (AFL), DB
Calgary Stampede (CFL), DB
Louisiana Tech, DB

Garret Chachere (http://lionsports.net/staff.aspx?staff=316), Running Backs/Pass Game Coordinator
Hometown: New Orleans, La.
Education: Tulane, 1992

Coaching Timeline
2018 – Southeastern Louisiana – Running Backs/Recruiting Coordinator
2017 – New Mexico Highlands – Offensive Coordinator
2016 – California – Running Backs
2014-15 – California – Linebackers
2013 – California – Defensive Line
2012 – Southern Miss – Tight Ends/Special Teams Coordinator
2011 – Arizona – Running Backs
2009-11 – Arizona – Wide Receivers
2007-08 – Memphis – Special Teams Coordinator
2004-06 – Tulane – Linebackers
1999-03 – Tulane – Linebackers/Punt Return Coordinator
1998 – ULM – Tight Ends/Wide Receivers
1995-97 – Nicholls – Linebackers
1994 – Bucknell – Defensive Backs/Special Teams Coordinator
1993 – Bloomsburg – Defensive Backs
1992 – Cheyney – Defensive Backs/Running Backs

Playing Career
Tulane

Travis Mikel (http://lionsports.net/coaches.aspx?rc=585), Offensive Guards/Centers
Hometown: Ft. Walton Beach, Fla.
Education: Delta State, 2007

Coaching Timeline
2018 – Southeastern Louisiana – Offensive Line
2017 – Southeastern Louisiana – Offensive Line/Director of Football Operations
2016 – Hammond High School – Assistant Coach
2012-15 – Southeastern Louisiana – Offensive Line
2010-11 – Delta State – Offensive Line
2009 – Delta State – Offensive Assistant (OL)
2008 – Delta State – Offensive Assistant (WR)

Playing Career
Delta State, OL

Michael Spurlock (http://lionsports.net/staff.aspx?staff=318), WR/Special Teams
Hometown: Indianola, Miss.
Education: Ole Miss, 2005 (undergraduate); University of Phoenix, 2015 (graduate)

Coaching Career
2017 – UTSA – Special Teams Quality Control/Linebackers Assistant
2016 – Dallas Cowboys – Special Teams Assistant/Defensive Backs Assistant
2016 – Coahoma Community College – Running Backs/Special Teams Coordinator (Spring)
2015 – Philadelphia High School – Assistant Football Coach

Playing Career
NFL, WR/KR/PR, 2006-14 (Arizona Cardinals, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, San Francisco 49ers, San Diego Chargers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Detroit Lions, Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bears)
Ole Miss, QB/RB

Chris Lachney (http://lionsports.net/staff.aspx?staff=317), Linebackers
Hometown: Slidell, La.
Education: Southeastern Louisiana, 2003

Coaching Career
2018 – Southeastern Louisiana - Linebackers
2017 – Riverside Academy – Head Football Coach
2012-16 – Riverside Academy – Defensive Coordinator
2008-11 – Brother Martin HS – Defensive Coordinator/Strength and Conditioning Coach
2003-07 – Pope John Paul II HS – Head Football Coach/Head Powerlifting Coach
1998-02 – Pope John Paul II HS – Assistant Football Coach

A.J. Hopp (http://lionsports.net/staff.aspx?staff=319), Tight Ends/Offensive Tackles
Hometown: Akron, Ohio
Education: Slippery Rock, 2011 (undergraduate); Florida Atlantic, 2015 (graduate); Mississippi State, 2016 (graduate)

Coaching Career
2018 – Southeastern Louisiana – Tight Ends/Offensive Tackles
2017 – Houston – Offensive Graduate Assistant
2015-16 – Mississippi State – Offensive Graduate Assistant
2013-14 – Florida Atlantic – Offensive Graduate Assistant/Assistant OL

Playing Career
Slippery Rock, OL

I am sure they will be good at what they do. They certainly were not hired for their looks. What a motley crew! :D

SFA 93
March 27th, 2018, 07:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZUraRjU0AUZM8N.jpg
DAY 2

Jacks sign more JUCOs for 2018

Coach Clark getting the OL

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZLPp7VV4AAkRKn.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZLPp7TVMAEUDUQ.jpg
OL: Collin Lagarde 6-3; 315 (Southern/Iowa Central CC)
Offers from SFA, Southern, Kennesaw State, Northern Iowa

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/976147798331568128/vFc0DLx4_400x400.jpg
OL: Jake Balderrama 6-4; 310 (Chaffey College)

DE: Daniel Brewer 6-3; 233 (Arkansas Baptist College)

LB: Kirkland Joseph 6-0; 210 (Independence CC)

CB: Tyler Freeman 6-2; 190 (Mt. San Jacinto College)

lionsrking2
March 29th, 2018, 02:50 AM
https://twitter.com/JacquesDoucet/status/979179302913740800

Wildcat1997
March 29th, 2018, 11:21 PM
Coach Dorrel update on spring ball:
https://twitter.com/ACUsports/status/979503558700818432

McCowboys
March 31st, 2018, 01:05 PM
In case you don't know, McNeese didn't have enough offensive linemen to even hold a spring game, and tackling was very limited during all of spring practice so as not to get anyone hurt. However, the players have honed up their games in horse shoes, checkers, and dominoes, and play a mean game of flag football so watch out!

katss07
April 1st, 2018, 10:40 AM
https://twitter.com/JacquesDoucet/status/979179302913740800
This might be a bad question to ask, as it is still early, but what are the expectations in Hammond this season?Obviously Southeastern has been a “middle of the pack” SLC team since the 2014 season and haven’t made the playoffs since. The talent seems to be there but with this new coach, is SELA a team you could see hanging around and competing for the conference title? Or a potential at large bid?

Roberts was a hell of a coach and I am near shocked he stuck around as long as he did. What he did with those Bennett teams was special. Lots of respect for those two seasons, even though they knocked out my team one year. But Southeastern being good is overall good for the SLC.