PDA

View Full Version : Duquesne RB Hines rumored to be moving up

smallcollegefbfan
December 27th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Oops my contact was on the phone in the car and was telling me in passing and confused the Duquesne RB with the Maine RB. They were told that Mack was leaving Maine.

Anthony215
December 27th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Pretty impressive numbers and game film I've seen I wonder how far up is he looking to move up? Maybe a G5 member like Temple, UCF, USF or is he putting it all out there looking at returning closer to home and at ACC schools like UNC, Duke, Wake or the VA ACC schools like Virginia/VTech.

FUBeAR
December 28th, 2017, 03:55 PM
I'm hearing that AJ Hines of Duquesne is going to transfer to a FBS program this spring and sit out 2018 to play in 2019 and 2020. Has anyone heard this?

https://twitter.com/brightfuture32/status/946409763650367488

smallcollegefbfan
December 28th, 2017, 08:11 PM
I posted the wrong name. Turns out it is Mack of Maine. Anyone else heard Mack? My contact confused Mack and Hines somehow.

ngineer
December 28th, 2017, 11:16 PM
Interesting report today that Duquesne is getting Jahan Worth from Parkland High School, just north of Allentown. A real beast at 235 lbs he was their RB and MLB. I was wondering if he would go 'big time', but has decided t go small. Dukes may have gotten a real deal here.

CenMEBlackBearFan
December 29th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Go to CAA updates link for more info. Yes he asked for his walking papers and wants to go FBS but doesn't have any takers yet. Wish him luck not sure it will be his best decision and UMaine has put enough players in the NFL where he would have got the recognition necessary to play on Sundays. Definite loss for UMaine and but have to find a replacement for him for sure.xdrunkyx

smallcollegefbfan
December 29th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Go to CAA updates link for more info. Yes he asked for his walking papers and wants to go FBS but doesn't have any takers yet. Wish him luck not sure it will be his best decision and UMaine has put enough players in the NFL where he would have got the recognition necessary to play on Sundays. Definite loss for UMaine and but have to find a replacement for him for sure.xdrunkyx

I think some players just view it as a chance to play at the highest level. They all want to when they are kids. No kid at 10 years old dreams of playing D2 or D3 or FCS ball. None of them dream of UCF or App or USF even. They dream of the P5 level and anything below just ends up being the best offer they can get or they decide to go Ivy for education or have some circumstance that forces them to play local or something else.