PDA

View Full Version : MEAC Scheduling Question

UNHWildCats
February 15th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I see from the official schedules so far that Florida A&M, WInston-Salem, Morgan State and Norfolk State all have 9 conference opponents scheduled.

I looked at last years schedules and looks like Hampton was the only not to play 9 conference opponents, is it a 8 game schedule then most play a 9th OOC game?

Its killing my attempts at figuring out the teams schedules.

89Hen
February 16th, 2007, 09:12 AM
There were only 9 teams officially in the MEAC last year so all teams played 8 conference games. 7 of the 9 played Winston-Salem with only Morgan and DelSt missing them. Now that W-S is in, it would appear that they will all play 9 this year.

gr8ness97
February 16th, 2007, 02:01 PM
from what im seeing, all 10 MEAC members will play each other...

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2007, 02:59 PM
from what im seeing, all 10 MEAC members will play each other...

SWAC tossed the 'mandate'...

Discussion now looks to the MEAC where several schools have been stepping up the competition, but now may be handcuffed by MEAC scheduling?

Atleast there's no meaningless title game...:nod:

bandl
February 16th, 2007, 03:03 PM

You're going to get eaten up for that one...:nod: :nod:

3rd Coast Tiger
February 16th, 2007, 03:03 PM

Speaking of meaningless; you forever throw that comment in everywhere you see the acronyms SWAC or MEAC.

Are you an only child? Do you not get enough attention at home? Are you under 5'4"? What is it with your fascination with the SWAC? Were you always overlooked and not picked in sports in elementary school?

Were you the stunt double for all of Rudy's action scenes in the movie?

It is tired and beyond the point of discussion. What are YOU doing to change it? Have you talked with Commissioner Vowels about how meaningless the game is? If so, email me the letter or forward me a copy of the email. So until then stay behind the comforts of your keyboard in the safe confines of your office/home and give it a damn rest!

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Speaking of meaningless; you forever throw that comment in everywhere you see the acronyms SWAC or MEAC.

Not true...

MEAC plays for a meaningful title in the sport of football, which allows them to play for the national championship...and I really like how the Hamptons and SC States of the world have stepped up in scheduling... :hurray:

All FBS teams play meaningless championship and bowl games under the current system, yet you don't see me writing to the Big Ten Commish. What good would that do?

Same lack of good it would do me in writing to the SWAC, where atleast they are making baby steps (tossing the mandate), which allow for many opportunities will make themselves available...xcoffeex

jstate83
February 16th, 2007, 03:35 PM
You're going to get eaten up for that one...:nod: :nod:

Not really.

Just more TT drival that don't mean shat. xlolx

Bulldog87
February 16th, 2007, 07:45 PM
SWAC tossed the 'mandate'...

Discussion now looks to the MEAC where several schools have been stepping up the competition, but now may be handcuffed by MEAC scheduling?

Atleast there's no meaningless title game...:nod: Sadly enough there maybe a "Meaningless title game" very soon if the commish has his illadvised way. Look for conference defections if this occurs. SCSU hopefully will be the first to depart when this happens.

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Sadly enough there maybe a "Meaningless title game" very soon if the commish has his illadvised way. Look for conference defections if this occurs. SCSU hopefully will be the first to depart when this happens.

I'd gladly look forward to schools showing their feelings if the Conference officials switch to a title game. The MEAC has a proud tradition and while success has not come lately, there's a few schools who have made their marks on the Div I playoffs. I'd hate to see it go.

Best of luck SCSU, Hampton and FAMU...

gvilleapp
February 16th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Sadly enough there maybe a "Meaningless title game" very soon if the commish has his illadvised way. Look for conference defections if this occurs. SCSU hopefully will be the first to depart when this happens.
I remember some talk and SC State joining the SoCon. I know with the Samford situation that it may not happen anytime soon. Can you guys see a situation occuring where you would be in a positon to join the SoCon?

G.S.Green
February 17th, 2007, 04:34 AM
A Conference Championship game would only be a good thing if it were held on the last day of the regular season BEFORE the playoff games began. I really think we (Pirate Nation) must move away from 9 conference games until some of the dregs in the conference can start winning OOC games to increase the overall competitiveness of the MEAC.

I want more games against UNH, James Madison, W&M, and Richmond. I believe there is enough history of games that were a little too close for them to make that happen on a regular basis but someone else will play ball. I just don’t want to see anymore games against the likes of Savannah State.

Bulldog87
February 17th, 2007, 01:32 PM
I remember some talk and SC State joining the SoCon. I know with the Samford situation that it may not happen anytime soon. Can you guys see a situation occuring where you would be in a positon to join the SoCon? I can certainly see us applying for admission into the SoCon if the Meac decides to forgo the playoffs.

Keeper
February 17th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Re the MEAC schedule:
it would seem that Hampton has only to solidify dates with
Howard and NCA&T to complete the round robin.
Are they perhaps waiting for classic sites before agreement?
Also, what happened to the MEAC-SWAC challenge match
to start the season? I see Alabama A&M is completely filled.
Those three games would fill Hampton's schedule out.

TexasTerror
February 17th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Also, what happened to the MEAC-SWAC challenge match
to start the season?

Does not necessarily mean it will be between SWAC and MEAC champs from year before...

It's already set this coming year. Southern will face Florida A&M in the MEAC/SWAC Challenge to start next season Sept. 1 in Birmingham, Ala.

Keeper
February 17th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Does not necessarily mean it will be between SWAC and MEAC champs from year before...

It's already set this coming year. Southern will face Florida A&M in the MEAC/SWAC Challenge to start next season Sept. 1 in Birmingham, Ala.

Thank You, TT !

Maddog
February 17th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I remember some talk and SC State joining the SoCon. I know with the Samford situation that it may not happen anytime soon. Can you guys see a situation occuring where you would be in a positon to join the SoCon?

What's happening with Samford?

HIU 93
February 18th, 2007, 12:21 AM
There were only 9 teams officially in the MEAC last year so all teams played 8 conference games. 7 of the 9 played Winston-Salem with only Morgan and DelSt missing them. Now that W-S is in, it would appear that they will all play 9 this year.

WSSU is still "probationary"- some teams may choose not to play them.

HIU 93
February 18th, 2007, 12:25 AM

I keep telling y'all that is NOT going to happen.