PDA

View Full Version : Yale OC Joe Conlin will be Fordham's new head coach

Lehigh Football Nation
December 22nd, 2017, 09:50 AM
https://theathletic.com/156825/2017/12/22/college-football-coach-changes-hirings-firings/

Fordham
December 22nd, 2017, 09:52 AM
Yep. Welcome aboard, coach! Let's hope an OL guy can help us out in the trenches where we need it most (albeit on both sides of the ball).

Very surprised about how good our signee list was. Good beef and good ratings considering the skeleton staff in place to close

Lehigh Football Nation
December 22nd, 2017, 10:03 AM
Yep. Welcome aboard, coach! Let's hope an OL guy can help us out in the trenches where we need it most (albeit on both sides of the ball).

Very surprised about how good our signee list was. Good beef and good ratings considering the skeleton staff in place to close

I very much agree. As a result I predict Conlin is going to keep a significant number of these assistants in place.

RichH2
December 22nd, 2017, 01:45 PM
Glad for Rams. Kudos to current staff. Agree he may keep most of them.

bulldog10jw
December 22nd, 2017, 03:23 PM
Yale will miss him. Built some outstanding offensive lines during his years at Yale.

LU808
December 22nd, 2017, 10:51 PM
I wonder if he will teach the OL at Fordham the Yale tradition of chop blocking the opposition?

Lehigh lost a decent U of Miami transfer several years ago when they crushed his knee.

Fordham
December 23rd, 2017, 07:42 AM
I wonder if he will teach the OL at Fordham the Yale tradition of chop blocking the opposition?

Lehigh lost a decent U of Miami transfer several years ago when they crushed his knee.

That was the first thing he confirmed he’ll be doing in the press release. Said he couldn’t wait to get to work on it

KPSUL
December 23rd, 2017, 11:06 AM
another guy from the UNH cradle of coaches gets a HC position.

bulldog10jw
December 23rd, 2017, 01:41 PM

Why do you think they hired him?

ngineer
December 23rd, 2017, 08:09 PM

Coen still rants about that game four years ago. We lost three lineman and a RB that day.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 23rd, 2017, 10:57 PM
Whatever the deal was with Yale four years ago, it didn't continue in subsequent years. But Coen was right to be pissed about that game, because one of those chop blocks ruined the rest of the RB's football career.