PDA

View Full Version : NDSU 6of the last 7 National Championships

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 21st, 2017, 07:29 PM
Is this good for the FCS?

Odds on favorite they win again next year but after that can anyone step up to compete with them?

Anyone?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

centennial
December 21st, 2017, 07:38 PM
JMU is it for now. Delaware, YSU, ISUr, Montana, SHSU, SDSU, Weber, Idaho, EWU will all have a chance.

katss07
December 21st, 2017, 08:01 PM
Right now I see the FCS as having five tiers.

Tier 1: JMU and NDSU. Thats it
Tier 2: SDSU, SHSU, EWU, JSU, Montana, UNI, UNH, Nova, Wofford, Illinois St, Weber. These are the teams that can and will compete, but probably lose in the quarterfinals or semis. I guess you could include Idaho now, so add them in.
Tier 3: UCA, Cal Poly, Montana St, Youngstown, Richmond, Furman, a few others. These are the teams that are up and down depending on the year.
Tier 4: Everyone else except the bottom half of the OVC
Tier 5: Most of the OVC

I guess you could say the main competitors to JMU and NDSU would be EWU, SDSU, SHSU (maybe) and UNI, but others will come and go, like Weber this season. But the Dukes and Bison are on top for now.

BisonTru
December 21st, 2017, 08:15 PM

Tier 2: SDSU, SHSU, EWU, JSU, Montana, UNI, UNH, Nova, Wofford, Illinois St, Weber. These are the teams that can and will compete, but probably lose in the quarterfinals or semis. I guess you could include Idaho now, so add them in.
Tier 3: UCA, Cal Poly, Montana St, Youngstown, Richmond, Furman, a few others. These are the teams that are up and down depending on the year.
Tier 4: Everyone else except the bottom half of the Southland and OVC
Tier 5: Most of the Southland and OVC

I guess you could say the main competitors to JMU and NDSU would be EWU, SDSU, SHSU (maybe) and UNI, but others will come and go, like Weber this season. But the Dukes and Bison are on top for now.

FYP xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
December 21st, 2017, 08:50 PM

Tier 4: Almost everyone else except the bottom half of the OVC
Tier 6: MEAC and the SWAC

FYP xthumbsupx

How could you forget about our HBCU brothers?

UNHWildcat18
December 21st, 2017, 09:07 PM
final 4 teams in the next 5 years
CAA teams JMU Nova UD UNH SBU UA
Big Sky teams Montana Montana State Weber State EWU
MVFC- UNI SDSU ISUr
other conferences combined-ACU all day baby

those are your potential competitors

katss07
December 21st, 2017, 09:51 PM
How could you forget about our HBCU brothers?
I don’t consider the MEAC, SWAC and Ivy FCS teams. Sorry. They can stay in our division, but if they don’t compete in our playoffs, no need to talk about them! Especially in a talk about NDSU’s competition.

TheKingpin28
December 21st, 2017, 10:17 PM
I don’t consider the MEAC, SWAC and Ivy FCS teams. Sorry. They can stay in our division, but if they don’t compete in our playoffs, no need to talk about them! Especially in a talk about NDSU’s competition.

Wait, so MVSU should not be talked about? They did get a TD on us.

katss07
December 21st, 2017, 11:09 PM
Wait, so MVSU should not be talked about? They did get a TD on us.
Could they win an FCS natty?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 21st, 2017, 11:14 PM

Some of the Ivies schedule more ambitiously than you think. There's quite a few wins over CAA programs in recent years. I know people like to take shots at the league but the talent level in it is very, very good. IF the IL wanted to participate in the playoffs there's no question in my mind that MOST years the winner would be a real threat to NDSU, JMU etc. They have all the resources in the world to kick ass but the suits don't want to. It's absurd.

ESPN would love to market their name brands! It would greatly help FCS!

VandalBasher
December 22nd, 2017, 01:34 AM
I am hopeful Idaho should compete immediately.

th0m
December 22nd, 2017, 01:52 AM
I’d be surprised if Idaho made the playoffs next year. 4-8 in the Sun belt is.... well.... not great.. the tier one and two teams would have winning records and be contending for conf champ with such schedules. But welcome!

penguinpower
December 22nd, 2017, 04:10 AM

Tier 4: Everyone else except the bottom half of the OVC

Youngstown is the new Wofford for being left out of the playoffs. The MVFC scheduling has really impacted them. This year SDSU, USD, NDSU, ISUR, and UNI back to back to back etc...with no Bye week. I don't care what team you have at the FCS level, that can be devastating from a depth perspective and YSU played all of them with a 3rd string QB. WIU got into the playoffs with a 6-5 record one year.

YSU has been left out with 8 wins and yet the committee has no issues taking 7 win teams from weaker conferences. YSU didn't start winning this year until they got the QB back yet beat SDSU (took them to the woodshed) and took NDSU to OT. When YSU is "permitted" into the playoffs they always make a deep run. They are held to a different standard.....period. I've watched this for the last 17 years.

You have an extensive list of perennial teams the committee likes as well as a list of true contenders. YSU would have given fits to more than half the playoff field this year. It's too bad that football fans didn't get to see it. At our joke of a level of football we get to see conference winners like Bob Morris and Central Connecticut State play 1st round charity games. Those programs have football budgets that would only cover the maintenance costs of the practice fields at schools like YSU and NDSU etc.. Yet they are rewarded with a playoff spot so fans can watch a mismatch.

I am losing interest in this level. I've seen too many years where it wasn't the number of wins, but your schedule, and then I've seen them reach 7 and 8 wins in multiple years (playing all D1 teams) only to be told that you cant lose late in the season, and then I've watched them take 6 win teams the following year. It is politics. I bet you they were pissed when they permitted YSU into the field last year and they got put on the road for a play-in game and they made it to the title while probably deserving a seed. Good reason to leave a 6-5 (previous year runner-up) out of the playoffs because they got their QB back the last 2 games of the year and they started to become untracked. No that wasn't considered. Alabama got into the playoff over Ohio State because they will get their LB's back from injuries and that played a factor at the FBS level. You think that plays a factor at the FCS level?.. Hell No. They don't want to see the best teams in the playoff.

I don't need to hear about the specificity of why they decided to take 6-5 teams in over YSU. I've seen YSU left out with a signature win as well. I see the theme. Time to leave the FCS in my opinion. Tell me one coach or team that would have wanted to face Youngstown in the playoff this year.

Whatever.....

penguinpower
December 22nd, 2017, 04:24 AM
I hope NDSU hangs that faggot dog from the goal posts using the streamers.

Lehigh'98
December 22nd, 2017, 04:40 AM

Some nice rage at 5am.

Twentysix
December 22nd, 2017, 05:03 AM

How do you really feel? ;)

mcveyrl
December 22nd, 2017, 05:42 AM

Some nice rage at 5am.

Yea, I gotta ask: you gettin’ up like that or goin’ to bed like that? You must love your life.

Merry Christmas!

PaladinFan
December 22nd, 2017, 06:16 AM
I’d be surprised if Idaho made the playoffs next year. 4-8 in the Sun belt is.... well.... not great.. the tier one and two teams would have winning records and be contending for conf champ with such schedules. But welcome!

In 2013, Georgia Southern finished 7-4 (4-4) and App 4-8 (4-4) in their last season in the SoCon.

The very next season, 2014, GSU finished 9-3 (8-0) and App 7-5 (6-2) in the SunBelt.

I'd put most of the SunBelt teams on par with a decent to good FCS program.

Bison56
December 22nd, 2017, 06:33 AM

Let go of your hate.

Winston
December 22nd, 2017, 06:34 AM
This has more to do with the resources these schools can devote to their respective football programs. JMU has made the commitment to FCS football. It has the facilities and infrastructure other schools don't have. JMU is now exceeding NDSU.

JmuSkinsfan
December 22nd, 2017, 06:35 AM

Good lord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winston
December 22nd, 2017, 06:37 AM
Say what you want. But, JMU would never recruit, let alone play, a convicted rapist.

Thumper 76
December 22nd, 2017, 06:57 AM
Youngstown is the new Wofford for being left out of the playoffs. The MVFC scheduling has really impacted them. This year SDSU, USD, NDSU, ISUR, and UNI back to back to back etc...with no Bye week. I don't care what team you have at the FCS level, that can be devastating from a depth perspective and YSU played all of them with a 3rd string QB. WIU got into the playoffs with a 6-5 record one year.

YSU has been left out with 8 wins and yet the committee has no issues taking 7 win teams from weaker conferences. YSU didn't start winning this year until they got the QB back yet beat SDSU (took them to the woodshed) and took NDSU to OT. When YSU is "permitted" into the playoffs they always make a deep run. They are held to a different standard.....period. I've watched this for the last 17 years.

You have an extensive list of perennial teams the committee likes as well as a list of true contenders. YSU would have given fits to more than half the playoff field this year. It's too bad that football fans didn't get to see it. At our joke of a level of football we get to see conference winners like Bob Morris and Central Connecticut State play 1st round charity games. Those programs have football budgets that would only cover the maintenance costs of the practice fields at schools like YSU and NDSU etc.. Yet they are rewarded with a playoff spot so fans can watch a mismatch.

I am losing interest in this level. I've seen too many years where it wasn't the number of wins, but your schedule, and then I've seen them reach 7 and 8 wins in multiple years (playing all D1 teams) only to be told that you cant lose late in the season, and then I've watched them take 6 win teams the following year. It is politics. I bet you they were pissed when they permitted YSU into the field last year and they got put on the road for a play-in game and they made it to the title while probably deserving a seed. Good reason to leave a 6-5 (previous year runner-up) out of the playoffs because they got their QB back the last 2 games of the year and they started to become untracked. No that wasn't considered. Alabama got into the playoff over Ohio State because they will get their LB's back from injuries and that played a factor at the FBS level. You think that plays a factor at the FCS level?.. Hell No. They don't want to see the best teams in the playoff.

I don't need to hear about the specificity of why they decided to take 6-5 teams in over YSU. I've seen YSU left out with a signature win as well. I see the theme. Time to leave the FCS in my opinion. Tell me one coach or team that would have wanted to face Youngstown in the playoff this year.

Whatever.....

Rape U didn’t deserve to be in the playoffs you crybaby bitch. Good lord.

dgtw
December 22nd, 2017, 07:34 AM
If they said the teams that refuse the autobid couldn’t play other NCAA teams it probably wouldn’t have a big impact.

The HBCUs would mostly be fine only playing each other. (Although some would miss the FBS money games).

The Ivy admins would be glad to go to a seven game schedule where they don’t have to deal with the great unwashed.

penguinpower
December 22nd, 2017, 07:50 AM
Rape U didn’t deserve to be in the playoffs you crybaby bitch. Good lord.

Don't get your panties in a knot because I called out the ass whipping on the Jack-asses.

kdinva
December 22nd, 2017, 07:58 AM
Say what you want. But, JMU would never recruit, let alone play, a convicted rapist.

+1...........YSU is the new Liberty, recruit anyone....

Winterborn
December 22nd, 2017, 08:57 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/dg7EVuAv0emkw/giphy.gif

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2017, 09:07 AM
You guys can say what you want about penguinpowers post and I don't necessarily condone his choice of words either but what he's saying isn't that far off. No I don't like the idea that they recruited some of the caliber of players they did however there are plenty of teams whose players have made some really ****ty choices the difference being they did it after being recruited so I get it's a big difference. But the core of penguinpowers post about some of the teams that make the playoffs being less then stellar based on level of competition is valid. He's on point regarding last years YSU team. I don't have the answer either but take a minute and ignore the method of the delivery and look at the content itself and he has a point. Of course many will just dismiss it as MVFC bias but those who pay attention to FCS football know he's making a valid argument but to admit it means they have to admit the teams he's talking about don't belong and they may be a fan of that team. Few if any are going to admit their team doesn't belong they get to enjoy at least one more game in their season.

Winterborn
December 22nd, 2017, 09:27 AM
You guys can say what you want about penguinpowers post and I don't necessarily condone his choice of words either but what he's saying isn't that far off. No I don't like the idea that they recruited some of the caliber of players they did however there are plenty of teams whose players have made some really ****ty choices the difference being they did it after being recruited so I get it's a big difference. But the core of penguinpowers post about some of the teams that make the playoffs being less then stellar based on level of competition is valid. He's on point regarding last years YSU team. I don't have the answer either but take a minute and ignore the method of the delivery and look at the content itself and he has a point. Of course many will just dismiss it as MVFC bias but those who pay attention to FCS football know he's making a valid argument but to admit it means they have to admit the teams he's talking about don't belong and they may be a fan of that team. Few if any are going to admit their team doesn't belong they get to enjoy at least one more game in their season.

I agree with the premise of his first post (not the language in his second), there are teams each year that make it that don't pass the smell test. But how do you judge between teams from conferences that have such a large gap in talent/skill/strength, when a weaker team will run the table in their conference but a team from a stronger schedule does not? Do you just automatically favor the team that may have more losses, then the one that cruised through their schedule? Personally I am not sure how one would do it so to remain fair to every team. Especially when some things are outside of that teams control (who is in their conference and their strength) and lets face the facts, politics/pride is always going to be a factor. There is a reason why certain schools are at this level and not down one where they would compete much better and their finances would be a better fit. This would go for FBS, FCS, D2, etc......

JayMYou
December 22nd, 2017, 09:55 AM

Not sure how many "girlfriends" you've gone through over the years, but I hope at least one pressed charges.

penguinpower
December 22nd, 2017, 10:03 AM
Not sure how many "girlfriends" you've gone through over the years, but I hope at least one pressed charges.

I'm ribbing at the expense of others. The term faggot wasn't derogatory until the ****ing news media and the PC police made it that way and all of the followers....followed.

JayMYou
December 22nd, 2017, 10:10 AM

Sure, much of that is that's kind of obvious I think. But the point many don't remember is that most teams can't be "competitive" by nature, there have to be teams/conferences that are weaker because not all talent/coaching/resources are exactly even. That's the nature of sports. How would fans feel if college football was treated like NASCAR and a level playing field was mandated? You better be careful of what you wish for, if teams/conferences were "more competitive", the Bison wouldn't have had their run and most teams would end up with several losses a season at best.

On a side note, I think the guys that come on here day in and day out and are still passionate about supporting their team during mediocrity deserve some credit. Do you think the Fargo dome would be as packed as it is, if you guys failed to make the playoffs for a decade? At least they stay true, unlike some of the turncoats on here that root vicariously through the Bison.

JayMYou
December 22nd, 2017, 10:15 AM
I'm ribbing at the expense of others. The term faggot wasn't derogatory until the ****ing news media and the PC police made it that way and all of the followers....followed.

Whatever brings your life fulfillment big man. I think Alphagiz has a self-paced home study course you may be interested in: "How to remain masculine in a feminine world"

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2017, 10:47 AM
I agree with the premise of his first post (not the language in his second), there are teams each year that make it that don't pass the smell test. But how do you judge between teams from conferences that have such a large gap in talent/skill/strength, when a weaker team will run the table in their conference but a team from a stronger schedule does not? Do you just automatically favor the team that may have more losses, then the one that cruised through their schedule? Personally I am not sure how one would do it so to remain fair to every team. Especially when some things are outside of that teams control (who is in their conference and their strength) and lets face the facts, politics/pride is always going to be a factor. There is a reason why certain schools are at this level and not down one where they would compete much better and their finances would be a better fit. This would go for FBS, FCS, D2, etc......

Easy answer to this question really if you think about it both ways.

1. Teams from weaker conferences need to schedule OOC games against power teams from other conferences. They can't just schedule cupcakes cuz their entire conference schedule is filled with them.
2. The flip side of this argument is teams like NDSU get shellacked by fans complaining about our OOC schedule being full of cupcakes. Problem with that argument is NDSU has to play it's regular season schedule against teams that would destroy the teams from the weaker conferences if they played the same weaker conferences team schedule.

You can't have it both ways. You can't bitch about NDSU's OOC schedule if you are one of these one and done teams from a ****ty conference when you play nobody to begin with.

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2017, 10:51 AM
I should also preface my previous comment in that NDSU doesn't just play a cupcake OOC schedule. Last year we played EWU who was supposed to be a good team. Previous year we played Iowa and beat them. NDSU would love to schedule more FBS teams problem is and everyone knows this by now if they've been following FCS/FBS ball is that FBS teams are finally realizing the risk in scheduling NDSU. NDSU comes in gives them a loss and takes their money.

Winterborn
December 22nd, 2017, 11:00 AM
Easy answer to this question really if you think about it both ways.

1. Teams from weaker conferences need to schedule OOC games against power teams from other conferences. They can't just schedule cupcakes cuz their entire conference schedule is filled with them.
2. The flip side of this argument is teams like NDSU get shellacked by fans complaining about our OOC schedule being full of cupcakes. Problem with that argument is NDSU has to play it's regular season schedule against teams that would destroy the teams from the weaker conferences if they played the same weaker conferences team schedule.

You can't have it both ways. You can't bitch about NDSU's OOC schedule if you are one of these one and done teams from a ****ty conference when you play nobody to begin with.

I agree that will work, but why should they schedule a harder OOC schedule when they get in the playoffs now? There needs to be a stick involved somehow and that is where the politics come into play.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2017, 11:52 AM
For next year, NDSU is going no where.

Kennesaw is going to be really good....lose only like 3 seniors.

Potential contenders...

NDSU
Kennesaw State
Montana State
Delaware

I dont know what others have coming back but this is a few that might contend.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 22nd, 2017, 12:31 PM
I hope NDSU hangs that faggot dog from the goal posts using the streamers.I love this

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 22nd, 2017, 12:32 PM
I'm ribbing at the expense of others. The term faggot wasn't derogatory until the ****ing news media and the PC police made it that way and all of the followers....followed.Don't let them hateshame you.......stay strong or look weak

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 22nd, 2017, 12:34 PM
Whatever brings your life fulfillment big man. I think Alphagiz has a self-paced home study course you may be interested in: "How to remain masculine in a feminine world"You cant take the class. Quit asking

JayMYou
December 22nd, 2017, 12:54 PM
Don't let them hateshame you.......stay strong or look weak

How cute, you share "rules to live by" with the Taliban.

Good to see your hands had a free moment to type, seeing as they've been so busy pulling your foot out of your mouth lately. Perhaps the next time they're free, they can work on pulling your head out of your arse?

Lorne_Malvo
December 22nd, 2017, 12:57 PM

Perhaps the next time they're free, they can work on pulling your head out of your arse?

If you are not a Brit, quit appropriating their culture. :)

Gangtackle11
December 22nd, 2017, 01:52 PM

I thought they caught the Unabomber. No?

JayJ79
December 22nd, 2017, 02:04 PM
I'm ribbing at the expense of others. The term f****t wasn't derogatory until the ****ing news media and the PC police made it that way and all of the followers....followed.

Wasn't derogatory? So before, it was a term of respect? xeyebrowx

TennBison
December 22nd, 2017, 02:05 PM
This has more to do with the resources these schools can devote to their respective football programs. JMU has made the commitment to FCS football. It has the facilities and infrastructure other schools don't have. JMU is now exceeding NDSU.
Just because you have more money does not mean that you are spending it well, it will take more time to see if JMU can exceed NDSU. One good year with a NC is far off from what NDSU has done and managed to do for the last 7 years, Jmu needs to win a few more championships or very deep runs in the playoffs before you can say they are exceeding NDSU.

BisonTru
December 22nd, 2017, 02:07 PM

The charges are how he got his offer to YSU.

TennBison
December 22nd, 2017, 02:10 PM
Last I heard, YSU did not recruit or offer the kid a scholarship. He enrolled himself at the school, and tried out for the football team. It was my understanding that YSU had no choice legally that would have allowed them not to let him on the team if he was good enough to make it.

katss07
December 22nd, 2017, 02:16 PM
Why is it even a debate?? Rapestown was 6-5, a few bad Ls and a bad image. 35-0 at home against Illinois State? A loss to USD? Get over it!

TennBison
December 22nd, 2017, 02:20 PM
Why is it even a debate?? Rapestown was 6-5, a few bad Ls and a bad image. 35-0 at home against Illinois State? A loss to USD? Get over it!
Lehigh was 5-6.

katss07
December 22nd, 2017, 02:23 PM
Lehigh was 5-6.
Automatic. Qualifiers.

Southern Bison
December 22nd, 2017, 02:30 PM
Whatever brings your life fulfillment big man. I think Alphagiz has a self-paced home study course you may be interested in: "How to remain masculine in a feminine world"Good for you...you're an DC swamp elitist that wants the PC police commissioner to get a cabinet seat.

Does your man-purse match your banned streamers?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
December 22nd, 2017, 03:06 PM
Don't get your panties in a knot because I called out the ass whipping on the Jack-asses.

You won one game called a team with a pulse guy. How do wins vs SIU, MSU, RMU, and ISUb warrant making the playoffs? You got one win at home out of your 3 tough home wins with one being a 35-0 dumptrucking vs a non playoff team. IDGAF about you talking about beating the Jacks. Congrats. You’re still a twat.

JayMYou
December 22nd, 2017, 03:43 PM
Good for you...you're an DC swamp elitist that wants the PC police commissioner to get a cabinet seat.

Does your man-purse match your banned streamers?

No, my hairy "man-purse" matches your mom's lipstick. Wanna guess why?

https://78.media.tumblr.com/f8ee65c7c2b3a2097a132bb50b7d7d85/tumblr_mg22oyoa9E1r69od9o1_250.gif

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2017, 04:59 PM
Just because you have more money does not mean that you are spending it well, it will take more time to see if JMU can exceed NDSU. One good year with a NC is far off from what NDSU has done and managed to do for the last 7 years, Jmu needs to win a few more championships or very deep runs in the playoffs before you can say they are exceeding NDSU.

I saw that as well but gave him the free pass since I think his comments were more monetarily related vs. what they have or in this case haven't yet done regarding the length of time they can sustain as well as actually win as you pointed out multiple Natty's.

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2017, 05:00 PM
Automatic. Qualifiers.

Try to keep up junior.

TennBison
December 22nd, 2017, 05:30 PM
Automatic. Qualifiers.
Yep, but they still sucked. If being 6-5 and getting in was a travesty to the NCAA, they would have written in a stipulation that conference champions also had to win a certain # of games (like a winning record) to receive the automatic qualifier. Sometimes the strength of the league will allow for a 6-5 team, other times (and # of teams in the playoffs 16 vs 20 vs 24) 8-3 can't make it.

GreenGlasses
December 22nd, 2017, 05:30 PM

Youngstown State has recruited low class asswhipes ever since the low class Tressel was named HC in 1986. It was uncovered in the probe that finally ousted him at Ohio State that he was paying players at Youngstown State too when he was winning National Titles there. Maybe YSU needs to change their name to Thuggary and Rapist Day Care Clinic.

How the $%^& was Tressel ever named President of a so called university. Every other president of a university that I know has some sort of a PhD. not a BA. Guess that's what you can do when you live in the bubble of NE Ohio.

katss07
December 22nd, 2017, 05:41 PM
Yep, but they still sucked. If being 6-5 and getting in was a travesty to the NCAA, they would have written in a stipulation that conference champions also had to win a certain # of games (like a winning record) to receive the automatic qualifier. Sometimes the strength of the league will allow for a 6-5 team, other times (and # of teams in the playoffs 16 vs 20 vs 24) 8-3 can't make it.
It comes down to one thing. Automatic. Qualifiers.

Southern Bison
December 22nd, 2017, 07:33 PM
No, my hairy "man-purse" matches your mom's lipstick. Wanna guess why?

https://78.media.tumblr.com/f8ee65c7c2b3a2097a132bb50b7d7d85/tumblr_mg22oyoa9E1r69od9o1_250.gifDang...a mom joke. Is that all you got?

BTW, don't talk to SE174 about his mom. It's a Norman Bates thing.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171223/937fdc8a82f669cdba650cb194bbaeeb.jpg

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 23rd, 2017, 01:50 AM

Good to see your hands had a free moment to type, seeing as they've been so busy pulling your foot out of your mouth lately. Perhaps the next time they're free, they can work on pulling your head out of your arse?You have no idea what your talking about so just stop while you are ahead.

penguinpower
December 23rd, 2017, 05:14 AM
Youngstown State has recruited low class asswhipes ever since the low class Tressel was named HC in 1986. It was uncovered in the probe that finally ousted him at Ohio State that he was paying players at Youngstown State too when he was winning National Titles there. Maybe YSU needs to change their name to Thuggary and Rapist Day Care Clinic.

How the $%^& was Tressel ever named President of a so called university. Every other president of a university that I know has some sort of a PhD. not a BA. Guess that's what you can do when you live in the bubble of NE Ohio.

Let's get real here trust fund baby. Nearly every top program in the FBS is filled with kids that have either bad or questionable backgrounds and are subsequently honored by the Wal-Martians that support the NFL once they get into the league. Let's name a few......Cam Newton (Felony conviction) , Ezekiel Elliot (Domestic Violence), Jamis Winston ( Multiple convictions felony property damage and pending rape) Yes these kids attended college to become academic all American athletes. As did the 1980's University of Miami teams. They were full of Academic All Americans.

The bottom line is that college football has become a free farm system to the NFL. And as long as the NFL pays as well as it does, and the cast number of colleges make admissions exceptions for the football nothing will change. This is a systemic issue that has proliferated college sports beginning in the 1980's.

The real question: Why is the proportion of exceptional athletes so highly correlated to thugtom and inner city kids? Why is it that proportionally trust fund babies like yourself make up far less of the most exceptional athletes statistically.

On to Tressel.....Your critical thinking skills have really flowed through your statements. I'm going to help you. Let's think about this in baby steps. Step one gather the facts and existing conditions. 1. The University was left a mess by former president (Current president at SIU) Randy Dunn. While it is obvious that your paradigm requires a PhD in Academic Administration to fit a president's role, if you look at the data, most universities are in big trouble financially. So what qualifies a president................a PhD? A PhD's broad real world experience? A PhD's knowledge base is usually very focused and in many cases they end up being great technically as individual contributors and but a little less desirable people managers.

Comdition 2. Tressel has a provost that has been sought after by multiple schools to be president. The board at YSU knows that the main job of the president is to bring money to the University. Tressel lets the provost run the academic side of things while he recruits citizens, businesses, and alumni to turn over money to the University.

3. Measure performance: Tressel got $450 million from Seimens for the STEM program and has set up multiple other endowments etc. Academic admissioms requirements have been tightened. Tuition costs have been frozen for 4 years. He has avoided a faculty strike that was going to happen under Dunn.

They have a situation that is working well but clearly can't be understood by the millennial libtards that believe they are elite academics.

StrikeJMU
December 23rd, 2017, 08:30 AM
There are parts of California currently on fire thinking, "Well at least we aren't Youngstown, Ohio."

penguinpower
December 23rd, 2017, 08:57 AM
There are parts of California currently on fire thinking, "Well at least we aren't Youngstown, Ohio."

You can't undo the streamer throwing.

Madisonian
December 23rd, 2017, 09:02 AM

That’s true!

dgtw
December 23rd, 2017, 09:05 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171223/79a187b78eb426fb0503e2448bdae959.jpg

StrikeJMU
December 23rd, 2017, 09:13 AM

You can't undo rape, either. I think we will stick with the streamers.

penguinpower
December 23rd, 2017, 09:37 AM
You can't undo rape, either. I think we will stick with the streamers.

How short your memory.......JMU is full of saints.

http://www.breezejmu.org/four-jmu-football-players-charged-with-felonies/article_f3e95220-03fc-11e0-86a7-00127992bc8b.html

penguinpower
December 23rd, 2017, 09:45 AM
Wait......they are that much different than Youngstown? Youngstown players were suspended for weed.

JMU.....performance enhancing drugs. JMU couldn't beat NDSU without help.

"Coach Mike Houston said the players were not arrested, or penalized for using performance-enhancing drugs, but declined to explain the violations. Among those suspended with eligibility for this season are linebacker Brandon Hereford (Glen Allen High), Madison’s leading tackler during the 2016 regular season, and receiver Terrence Alls, the team’s second-leading receiver who transferred from Duke. JMU did not identify the other five players"

JacksFan40
December 23rd, 2017, 10:32 AM
Outside of their lost to UNLV, Idaho lost the other 7 games by less than 10 points each game. If they'd of had a little more luck they might've won 2-3 more games and could be playing in a bowl game.

Madisonian
December 23rd, 2017, 01:10 PM
Wait......they are that much different than Youngstown? Youngstown players were suspended for weed.

JMU.....performance enhancing drugs. JMU couldn't beat NDSU without help.

"Coach Mike Houston said the players were not arrested, or penalized for using performance-enhancing drugs, but declined to explain the violations. Among those suspended with eligibility for this season are linebacker Brandon Hereford (Glen Allen High), Madison’s leading tackler during the 2016 regular season, and receiver Terrence Alls, the team’s second-leading receiver who transferred from Duke. JMU did not identify the other five players"

Doesn’t that quote directly dispute your accusation? I speak and read English from time to time, and that first sentence clearly stated no PEDs. Further, not one of those guys played against NDSU. So doing some quick math... classless bufffoonery is a lost art. Keep trying though!

BEAR
December 23rd, 2017, 01:26 PM
Is this good for the FCS?

Odds on favorite they win again next year but after that can anyone step up to compete with them?

Anyone?

1. This isn't good for the FCS. Most FBS fans think FCS is division II anyway so that leaves only FCS fans to care about the division. If they are basically out of the equation, well you really have nothing left. I don't blame NDSU, they have earned their titles. But a division that is a second thought to most major football fans becomes that to fans of teams in that division...you'll kill interest in it.

2. Doubt it.

Noryan34
December 23rd, 2017, 01:56 PM
I don’t get this argument. If this was the case FBS football would on a severe decline becuause of teams like Alabama and Clemson.

Is the argument that if different teams win one each year that more casual fans would suddenly be interested in FCS? Stop being delusional. Teams that can generate the most interest in FCS are what you want in the end if your true goal is increased exposure. Sorry but it generates little to no buzz if a team wins the title one off if it doesn’t carry some good story to it.

I hesr some comparisons to well March Madness all teams got a shot and it creates drama. Seriously has anyone looked at the winners for the last 20-30 years. You got maybe 3 times in 40 years that a historically good program didn’t win.

To create buzz you want good good stories and good atmospheres. The title in two weeks couldn’t be better for the FCS. It’s exactly what you want if you want increased exposure. If you say it’s not then your just mad your a fan of a team that doesn’t have this “chance” you speak of

Lorne_Malvo
December 23rd, 2017, 02:05 PM
1. This isn't good for the FCS. Most FBS fans think FCS is division II anyway so that leaves only FCS fans to care about the division. If they are basically out of the equation, well you really have nothing left. I don't blame NDSU, they have earned their titles. But a division that is a second thought to most major football fans becomes that to fans of teams in that division...you'll kill interest in it.

2. Doubt it.

I donno man, every board I view has a NDSU thread. Tidefans has a really good NDSU thread and several others for FCS teams. I think most FBS fans know a few things about the top FCS teams.
NDSU and JMU have gotten a lot of media coverage the last few years and I think it has been very good for the FCS as a whole.

NDSUtmmkr
December 26th, 2017, 11:25 AM
I donno man, every board I view has a NDSU thread. Tidefans has a really good NDSU thread and several others for FCS teams. I think most FBS fans know a few things about the top FCS teams.
NDSU and JMU have gotten a lot of media coverage the last few years and I think it has been very good for the FCS as a whole.
+1

caribbeanhen
December 26th, 2017, 11:50 AM

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23300

Lorne_Malvo
December 26th, 2017, 01:19 PM
http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23300

I hope a lot of Hens make the trip to Fargo. Its not like its a top vacation destination, but the quirkiness of Fargo as a whole makes it a fun experience for fans. September is a good month for a visit to ND.

Thumper 76
December 26th, 2017, 01:47 PM

Most FBS fans are mentally retarded when it comes to knowing anything about anything outside of P5 conferences and wouldn’t know enough to even think of calling a SDSU or JSU a DII program if their own beat writers weren’t stupid enough to call them that in an attempt to inaccurately inform their fanbase. Don’t kid yourself. Just because some message boards beat off ndsu and it makes you feel good doesn’t me FBS fans have any knowledge of anything outside of their bubble. The majority of them (not message board junkies, I mean the average FBS fan) couldn’t tell you what teams are G5 teams and what teams are FCS if you have them a test with a G5 and a FCS option. Most of them would likely fail or get under 75%. Its is what it is.

As to the question at hand, I would say that the NDSU dynasty (barf) has been good for FCS football and will continue to be. You can see the effect it has had on the level of play in the MVFC due to the programs having to raise their level of play instead of wallowing in the old status quo. On a national level you can see it in places like JMU. The closer to NDSU the more the effect is felt, look at SDSU for instance. Decades of mediocrity at the DII level with one playoff appearance ever until the jump, and now in the short time as FCS they have become a perennial Top 25 and playoff team, with facilities that have been upgraded to the best in FCS (if not at least top 5). This will continue to happen but it will also create an even wider gap between the garbage programs that don’t put effort and commitment into competing at a playoff and championship level, and those fans will be the ones bitching. This will really show over the next decade what schools want to be successful and are willing to commit to it and what schools are just at FCS to be able to qualify for the NCAA b-ball tourney $.

KPSUL
December 26th, 2017, 02:03 PM

dilly! Dilly!

Lorne_Malvo
December 26th, 2017, 02:10 PM
Most FBS fans are mentally retarded when it comes to knowing anything about anything outside of P5 conferences and wouldn’t know enough to even think of calling a SDSU or JSU a DII program if their own beat writers weren’t stupid enough to call them that in an attempt to inaccurately inform their fanbase.

You are a sad little man.
Try to find a way to escape whatever it is that is making you so miserable.

Thumper 76
December 26th, 2017, 02:13 PM
You are a sad little man.
Try to find a way to escape whatever it is that is making you so miserable.

Or, you know, I’ve actually interacted with a lot of P5 fans from many different teams and talked football with them, in person. You keep on living in your bubble though buddy.

katss07
December 26th, 2017, 02:35 PM
FBS fans don’t give a **** about the FCS. Lets be real, they think
1. We are D2
2. We have lower quality of play
3. Have worse teams than the Group of 5

They don’t care about us. Even though any team in the FCS top 10 could beat the entire Sun Belt, we are still lowly to them. NDSU or Incarnate Word. They are all lower. The Austin Peay situation says it all. APSU had a good story and a decent team. They felt the need to publicize that on ESPN’s FBS show the Saturday before the selections. When people realized they didn’t get into out playoffs, they were upset. I saw outrageous twitter comments on the FCS page like “Austin Peay got robbed” and “APSU would be in the semis easy”. They don’t know ****. They just know what Jay Walker and ESPN tells them. Therefore, all they know is the Fargodome is loud (ESPN loves to talk about that) and that NDSU and JMU are good. That’s it.

DirtyDukes
December 26th, 2017, 02:44 PM
Last I heard, YSU did not recruit or offer the kid a scholarship. He enrolled himself at the school, and tried out for the football team. It was my understanding that YSU had no choice legally that would have allowed them not to let him on the team if he was good enough to make it.

False. The lawsuit clearly stated that Bo recruited the kid to come to YSU - that's why the kid was suing when he got kicked off the team. Bo also went to the kids house after he quit and before he sued to beg him to come back.

JayMYou
December 26th, 2017, 02:57 PM
You have no idea what your talking about so just stop while you are ahead.

I'm honored. I thought you only threatened women.

BisonFan02
December 26th, 2017, 04:23 PM

Ma'am?

cx500d
December 26th, 2017, 05:03 PM

It was hard to tell what it was

UNHWildcat18
December 26th, 2017, 05:33 PM
1. We are D2

They don’t care about us. Even though any team in the FCS top 10 could beat the entire Sun Belt, we are still lowly to them. NDSU or Incarnate Word. They are all lower. The Austin Peay situation says it all. APSU had a good story and a decent team. They felt the need to publicize that on ESPN’s FBS show the Saturday before the selections. When people realized they didn’t get into out playoffs, they were upset. I saw outrageous twitter comments on the FCS page like “Austin Peay got robbed” and “APSU would be in the semis easy”. They don’t know ****. They just know what Jay Walker and ESPN tells them. Therefore, all they know is the Fargodome is loud (ESPN loves to talk about that) and that NDSU and JMU are good. That’s it.

I agree with you about most of this but the top ten fcs aren’t beating Troy and App State. Maybe NDSU JMU

TennBison
December 26th, 2017, 06:41 PM
False. The lawsuit clearly stated that Bo recruited the kid to come to YSU - that's why the kid was suing when he got kicked off the team. Bo also went to the kids house after he quit and before he sued to beg him to come back.
So did the kid have a scholarship or not? And if he didn't then my post was still true.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 26th, 2017, 09:20 PM
I'm honored. I thought you only threatened women.Hence...........my comment

I will swing on anyone if they deserve it. I am the purest form of equality the world has ever seen.

katss07
December 26th, 2017, 10:24 PM
So did the kid have a scholarship or not? And if he didn't then my post was still true.
Bottom half of the Mt. West, CUSA, Sun Belt and MAC would lose to most playoff teams. JMU and NDSU could probably hang with the tops in those 4 conferences and the bottom of the American. The point is, our top is just as good if not better than their bottom. People in the FBS just don’t realize it. Teams like TX St or NMSU couldn’t drop down and win a conference right now!

Bisonoline
December 26th, 2017, 10:37 PM

Youre not?????????xlolx

Professor
December 27th, 2017, 08:18 AM
1. We are D2

Except for the FCS top 10 can beat the Sun Belt , this bout right

Twentysix
December 27th, 2017, 03:41 PM
1. We are D2

They don’t care about us. Even though any team in the FCS top 10 could beat the entire Sun Belt, we are still lowly to them. NDSU or Incarnate Word. They are all lower. The Austin Peay situation says it all. APSU had a good story and a decent team. They felt the need to publicize that on ESPN’s FBS show the Saturday before the selections. When people realized they didn’t get into out playoffs, they were upset. I saw outrageous twitter comments on the FCS page like “Austin Peay got robbed” and “APSU would be in the semis easy”. They don’t know ****. They just know what Jay Walker and ESPN tells them. Therefore, all they know is the Fargodome is loud (ESPN loves to talk about that) and that NDSU and JMU are good. That’s it.The fcs does have lower quality of play in general. The fcs does have worse teams than the G5 in general. Neither of these things are untrue.

I think the D2 thing is fair for you to comment on though and the top 10 (especially top 2)programs in the fcs are very good and those two things are radically overlooked by FBS fans.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

NoVABison
December 27th, 2017, 06:57 PM
The fcs does have lower quality of play in general. The fcs does have worse teams than the G5 in general. Neither of these things are untrue.

I think the D2 thing is fair for you to comment on though and the top 10 (especially top 2)programs in the fcs are very good and those two things are radically overlooked by FBS fans.

Agree... the way most FCS teams get destroyed by FBS teams does nothing to change that perception.

Professor Chaos
December 27th, 2017, 08:23 PM
Agree... the way most FCS teams get destroyed by FBS teams does nothing to change that perception.
I'd also bet that there are a lot of FBS fans who would be floored if they knew that their school dodges games with top FCS teams like NDSU and JMU in favor of more "cupcakish" FCS teams (and I know there are a lot of FBS schools out there that are guilty of that, at least in NDSU's case).

NoVABison
December 27th, 2017, 08:48 PM
I'd also bet that there are a lot of FBS fans who would be floored if they knew that their school dodges games with top FCS teams like NDSU and JMU in favor of more "cupcakish" FCS teams (and I know there are a lot of FBS schools out there that are guilty of that, at least in NDSU's case).

Now that the B1G can schedule FCS teams again, it will be interesting to see if NDSU gets a game...

Most of these crappy bowl teams are only playing in a bowl because they had a FCS cupcake to pad their resume.

lucchesicourt
December 27th, 2017, 09:58 PM
Well, there are many FCS schools that have higher academic qualifications than most FBS schools. The top FBS schools have many playing who could not qualify academically for many FCS schools. The winning at the FBS levels increases the likelihood of bringing in a lower academically qualified student who possesses great athletic skill. The athletic skill at the FCS level (for many schools, not all) does not mean you can enter a sports program in which you do not meet the academic requirements to enter the school. I actually believe there should be a standardized test for all students to take, and if you cannot pass the test you cannot play sports. This would guarantee that the players are students, and not basically paid athlete's to play for a school. This would weed out unqualified students, but not unqualified players. The whole purpose of going to a 4 year institution is to get an education. And, any player who leaves school early, and plays in a professionally league, should be reimbursed for the scholarship years (2,3,or 4) by the team they sign with. Eg. a player goes to a university as a sophomore, and plays 2 years, and enters the pro league, then the league should pay for the 3 years that he was offered the scholarship. If he plays all 3 years at the university and graduates, then there would be no compensation as the player met his commitment of playing 3 years and graduating
. If you enter as a freshman, the university would need to be compensated for 4 years if you left early and did not graduate. The school should say you meet your academic commitment when you graduate, not when you leave the school to play pro ball.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 28th, 2017, 06:39 AM

The Gophers have continually said no to the Bison....xrolleyesx

5-7 Row the Boat mouthpiece has some work to do....xnodx

dewey
December 28th, 2017, 07:56 AM
Now that the B1G can schedule FCS teams again, it will be interesting to see if NDSU gets a game...

Most of these crappy bowl teams are only playing in a bowl because they had a FCS cupcake to pad their resume.

I heard last week that Michigan will not schedule FCS teams.

I could not find a story or link about it.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
December 28th, 2017, 09:05 AM

5-7 Row the Boat mouthpiece has some work to do....xnodxSki-U-Mah! I love it when the little sisters in Dinkytown continually suck.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Professor
December 28th, 2017, 09:29 AM

What benefit does a FBS team get with playing a FCS team and struggling

Twentysix
December 28th, 2017, 09:51 AM
What benefit does a FBS team get with playing a FCS team and strugglingAbsolutely nothing. But they look like scared little pussies and the recruits know it. Granted getting beaten is probably worse.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 28th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Since I've seen it a couple of times I'll call it out in general and not define who actually has done it but there are a couple of guys that I will not warn about the political BS on the FCS board again before I remove the FCS board from their view. Please consider this general warning personally so I am not put in that position of having to go do extra work on the matter.

Keep any of your political bull**** off the board completely.

Bison56
December 28th, 2017, 04:07 PM

5-7 Row the Boat mouthpiece has some work to do....xnodx

The boat is sinking and I just keep smiling.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 28th, 2017, 07:29 PM
The boat is sinking and I just keep smiling.

I'm just not sold on PJ yet. He just seems like a used car salesman IMO.

Maybe he'll be great and turn the program around but he has a lot of work to do. IMO, he should go back to the Mason brand of football. Pro-sets and run the ball first with play action. Good defenses.

TheKingpin28
December 28th, 2017, 08:12 PM
I'm just not sold on PJ yet. He just seems like a used car salesman IMO.

Maybe he'll be great and turn the program around but he has a lot of work to do. IMO, he should go back to the Mason brand of football. Pro-sets and run the ball first with play action. Good defenses.

We do not want this. Let the best of the best out of the Greater Minnesota area come to NDSU and let the little sisters to the SouthEast continue to wallow in misery.

gregatim
December 29th, 2017, 09:29 AM
We do not want this. Let the best of the best out of the Greater Minnesota area come to NDSU and let the little sisters to the SouthEast continue to wallow in the pit of misery. Dilly dilly!!

Fixed your post for you :D

TheKingpin28
December 29th, 2017, 09:31 AM
Fixed your post for you :DDilly Dilly!

Professor
December 29th, 2017, 11:55 AM
NDSU is a product of good coaching. Bohl did a good job and now Klieman has continued. Once Klieman takes a FBS job it will be interesting what happens. I can see Kansas or Illinois coming and knocking on the door if they pull the trigger on their coaches

POD Knows
December 29th, 2017, 12:00 PM
NDSU is a product of good coaching. Bohl did a good job and now Klieman has continued. Once Klieman takes a FBS job it will be interesting what happens
You do understand that NDSU has been winning championships for a long time, is it coaching, yea, do you know how many different coaches have won Nattys at NDSU?

Professor
December 29th, 2017, 12:08 PM
You do understand that NDSU has been winning championships for a long time, is it coaching, yea, do you know how many different coaches have won Nattys at NDSU?

Yes Google says 7.

TheKingpin28
December 29th, 2017, 12:46 PM
Yes Google says 7.

Should have used Bing. xlolx

NDSUtk
December 29th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Should have used Bing. xlolxI'd use Ask Jeeves before Bing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
December 29th, 2017, 02:27 PM
I'd use Ask Jeeves before Bing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkIt was more of a joke for Professor and POD. There is a thread about search engines and that is why I posted that.