at Towson (CAA)
vs Maine (CAA)
at Stony Brook (Ind)
vs Southern Conn. St. (D-II)
at Merrimack (D-II)

vs. Robert Morris, Sacred Heart, Albany, and Monmouth
at Wagner, St. Francis

------
I know, I know it looks bad with 2 D-II teams, but we had 2 teams cancel contracts with us at the 11th hour - St. Peter's and Marist. :( I've been told we were scrambling hard for replacements, but couldn't get one - Holy Cross rejected our offer of a game in Worcester. :rolleyes: The good news is Yale is receptive to playing CCSU in the future, but their schedule is booked, so it may take a few seasons before we get to visit the Bowl. :)

Not that it matters, but Southern Conn. is the 2nd game of a 2-year deal. They have reached the D-II playoffs the last 2 seasons, and are a historical in-state rival from Central's D-II days. This is a game I don't mind.

Merrimack was the best we could do. If we didn't play them we'd have a 10 game schedule. Merrimack did play URI last season and also made the D-II playoffs, and in-fact beat SCSU in the first round. Hate to add the 2nd D-II team, but at least they are playoff caliber.

We do have 2 CAA teams and Maine is just the second CAA/A-10 team to visit New Britain (URI was the other). Stony Brook is a former NEC foe who is playing as a fully scholly Independent.

Regardless, we likely need to go 10-1 for a look from the playoff committee.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 15th, 2007, 09:32 AM
That Maine game looks awful interesting. Have a date for that one?

danefan
February 15th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Regardless, we likely need to go 10-1 for a look from the playoff committee.

Probably need 10-1 with the loss coming only to a top NEC team or a CAA team. A loss to a DII would, IMO, bar you from the playoffs. Nice to have Albany, RMU and Monmouth at home in one year.

aceinthehole
February 15th, 2007, 09:39 AM
That Maine game looks awful interesting. Have a date for that one?

Based on the table (nice job UNHWildCats!) this is what I have as tentative dates:

Aug. 30 at Towson
Sept. 15 vs. Southern Conn. St.
Sept 29/Oct. 6 vs. Maine
Oct. 13 vs. Robert Morris*
Oct. 20 at Wagner*
Nov. 3 vs. Sacred Heart*
Nov. 10 at Stony Brook

TBA at Merrimack
TBA vs. Albany*
TBA vs. Monmouth*
TBA at St. Francis (PA)*

danefan
February 15th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Here's what I have for Albany so far...you can supplement with this if it helps:
9/1 at Colgate
9/8 at Fordham
10/13 SACRED HEART
10/27 at Wagner
11/03 ROBERT MORRIS

Possible OOC games are rumored to be vs. Hofstra, at Maine, and/or at Montana.

aceinthehole
February 15th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Probably need 10-1 with the loss coming only to a top NEC team or a CAA team. A loss to a DII would, IMO, bar you from the playoffs. Nice to have Albany, RMU and Monmouth at home in one year.

You're right, this leaves little room for error.

I'm suprised if the NEC keeps the unbalenced schedule for 2007. I was expecting them to keep a 3/3 split for conference games, but this schedule just reverses the site of last year's games. They could make CCSU return to UA, RMU, or MU to balance the schedule, but with Duquense coming in next year it will return to unbalanced 4/3. Honestly, I don't know if this is the final.

UA - good luck getting games. Its getting much harder now that the NEC has won a few big ones.

andy7171
February 15th, 2007, 09:45 AM
While a D.II team. Southern Conn. St. is no push over at all. You can't afford to lose that one. Southern Conn St is going to be UP for this game as well.

danefan
February 15th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure we have Hofstra on contract from the past and Montana whooped us in 2002, so I don't think they'll have a problem playing us again.

mainejeff
February 15th, 2007, 10:25 AM
How nice of Maine to play you on the road :rolleyes:.

UNHWildCats
February 15th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Based on the table (nice job UNHWildCats!) this is what I have as tentative dates:

Aug. 30 at Towson
Sept. 15 vs. Southern Conn. St.
Sept 29/Oct. 6 vs. Maine
Oct. 20 at Wagner*
Nov. 3 vs. Sacred Heart*
Nov. 10 at Stony Brook

TBA at Merrimack
TBA vs. Albany*
TBA vs. Monmouth*
TBA at St. Francis (PA)*

I tried fiddling around and i think we need one more solid date possibly Albany then we can see most of the schedule fall into place.

Its been a few days since any more official schedules have been announced hopefully some happen before the weekend.

Seawolf97
February 15th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Good to see you back on our schedule. I suspect Stonybrook will have Albany as a road game and Monmouth as a home game this year. Stonybrook has not published their full slate yet but from scouting this site and other schools sites here is what I have found for Stonybrook in 2007.

9/1 Georgetown
9/8 @ Bucknell
9/15 @ Youngstown State
10/13 @ Richmond
11/10 Central Connecticut State
11/17 @ Elon Univ.

Hofstra should be road game this year. With Albany and Monmouth I count 9 games so it will be interesting to see who will fill out our schedule . I would love to see Maine maybe as a home game. In any event out new Independent schedule looks pretty solid. Good luck in "07!

aceinthehole
February 15th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Good to see you back on our schedule. I suspect Stonybrook will have Albany as a road game and Monmouth as a home game this year. Stonybrook has not published their full slate yet but from scouting this site and other schools sites here is what I have found for Stonybrook in 2007.

9/1 Georgetown
9/8 @ Bucknell
9/15 @ Youngstown State
10/13 @ Richmond
11/10 Central Connecticut State
11/17 @ Elon Univ.

Hofstra should be road game this year. With Albany and Monmouth I count 9 games so it will be interesting to see who will fill out our schedule . I would love to see Maine maybe as a home game. In any event out new Independent schedule looks pretty solid. Good luck in "07!

Yeah its good to see SBU continue playing CCSU. I hope someday soon we're back in the same conference again.

BTW - I think another SBU games you're missing is Wagner, unless they've made a change.
http://goseawolves.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041006aab.html

UNHWildCats
February 15th, 2007, 09:17 PM
For starters Wagner is listed in that article but Wagner doesnt have Stony Brook on its schedule.

Seawolf97
February 15th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks. You guys always play us tough. Last year 5 TD passes and we still lost. By the way heard tonight we play Maine for our homecoming game. I dont know what conference we will end up in. Like to see you guys, Albany and Monmouth follow..

aceinthehole
February 15th, 2007, 09:33 PM
For starters Wagner is listed in that article but Wagner doesnt have Stony Brook on its schedule.

I missed that and its quite possible Wagner backed out. I would note that the Wagner schedule is only tentative and wasn't announced by the school yet.

Husky Alum
February 16th, 2007, 05:05 AM
Wow, Central Connecticut at Yale.

Are you serious??

I NEVER thought I'd see the day when that game would be played. No offense Ace, but we're both from CT (and my roots are in the New Haven Area) and that's one game I just could never fathom in the myriad of possibilities for games. It's a testament to how much CCSU has increased its program that Yale would even answer the phone from you guys.

If 2008 is a 12 game schedule, call Northeastern, I think we only have 11 teed up for '08 - if y'all wanted to come to Boston, perhaps we could accomodate.

My parents went to SCSU and my dad was an administrator there in the 70s and 80s. Some of the CCSU/SCSU games at Bowen Field were legendary.

aceinthehole
February 16th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Wow, Central Connecticut at Yale.

Are you serious??

I NEVER thought I'd see the day when that game would be played. No offense Ace, but we're both from CT (and my roots are in the New Haven Area) and that's one game I just could never fathom in the myriad of possibilities for games. It's a testament to how much CCSU has increased its program that Yale would even answer the phone from you guys.

If 2008 is a 12 game schedule, call Northeastern, I think we only have 11 teed up for '08 - if y'all wanted to come to Boston, perhaps we could accomodate.

My parents went to SCSU and my dad was an administrator there in the 70s and 80s. Some of the CCSU/SCSU games at Bowen Field were legendary.

I agree its very shocking, but at least they are talking to us and are very serious. What's crazy is Yale is willing to host us, but Holy Cross wants nothing to do with us. As you know, I'd always welcome an NU game, and maybe we'd get you guys to Hard Hittin' New Britain for a return game sometime.

BTW - I think CCSU is working on playing at NU in hoops next year, as you had the conflict with the Pitt tourney this year.

As you also know, the Yale/QU hockey alliance shocked me too. That's almost as crazy as Central at the Bowl. Gotta give Yale credit, to play at Army one week and possibly host Central the next week is very good of them.

seahawkfan2007
February 21st, 2007, 10:06 PM
The schedule is considered "tentative" but that only relates to game dates (ie: Thurs or Fri night vs. Sat.). The opponets and the week they are scheduled to play are accurate.

aceinthehole
February 23rd, 2007, 11:13 AM
Big news to update, looks like Central Connecticut State may face its first FBS (I-A) team ever in 2007. Rumors from both schools indicate that CCSU will travel to Kalmazoo to face 2006 International Bowl participant Western Michigan! A big step forward for the program.

Updated tentative schedule:

Aug. 30 at Towson (CAA)
Sept. 8 (at) Merrimack (D-II)
Sept. 15 vs. Southern Conn. St. (D-II)
Sept. 22 at Western Michigan (I-A)
Oct. 20 at Wagner*
Nov. 3 vs. Sacred Heart*
Nov. 10 at Stony Brook (I-AA Indy)

TBA vs. Albany*
TBA vs. Monmouth*
TBA at St. Francis-PA*

*NEC games

UAalum72
February 23rd, 2007, 01:39 PM
Bold move by WMU, they only won 8 games last year, and need six(?) to get into a postseason bowl game - and this one won't count. Unless they're that confident they'll get the wins anyway - or that pessimistic they have NO hope of getting them.

danefan
February 23rd, 2007, 02:32 PM
congrats if the FBS game is true. Big step for the NEC.

JMG1MON
February 23rd, 2007, 03:09 PM
Bold move by WMU, they only won 8 games last year, and need six(?) to get into a postseason bowl game - and this one won't count. Unless they're that confident they'll get the wins anyway - or that pessimistic they have NO hope of getting them.

That's what I was thinking as well!

aceinthehole
February 23rd, 2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks guys and I agree. I'm holding my breath this goes through, but if it does it says a ton about the direction of CCSU football. Now I only have to wait patiently for our new stadium plans!

FYI - here is the rest of Western Michigan's OOC schedule:
@ West Virginia, vs. Indiana, @ Missouri, @ Iowa

Yes, I am assuming this game does not count for WMU bowl status and they were looking for a home game and a "win."

But, its not that crazy considering other teams have scheduled I-AA teams that don't count to bowl eligibility. I mean how can UC-Davis, Central Arkansas, or NDSU count for I-A teams, when they are inelligable for I-AA playoffs? These teams are even classifed as "I-AA Transitional" by the NCAA, yet they seem to get $$$ game. Also, I do not think they have the 4 year average of scholarships required to be a "counter" since the D-II limit is 36.

FargoBison
February 23rd, 2007, 03:36 PM
Thanks guys and I agree. I'm holding my breath this goes through, but if it does it says a ton about the direction of CCSU football. Now I only have to wait patiently for our new stadium plans!

FYI - here is the rest of Western Michigan's OOC schedule:
@ West Virginia, vs. Indiana, @ Missouri, @ Iowa

Yes, I am assuming this game does not count for WMU bowl status and they were looking for a home game and a "win."

But, its not that crazy considering other teams have scheduled I-AA teams that don't count to bowl eligibility. I mean how can UC-Davis, Central Arkansas, or NDSU count for I-A teams, when they are inelligable for I-AA playoffs? These teams are even classifed as "I-AA Transitional" by the NCAA, yet they seem to get $$$ game. Also, I do not think they have the 4 year average of scholarships required to be a "counter" since the D-II limit is 36.

NDSU is a counter the school increased scholarships very quickly and will be fully funded(63 scholarships) for the second straight season this year, it is also a 2 year average not 4. Also being ineligable for the playoffs has nothing to do with being a counter, it is all about the two year scholarship average(I think around 54?). UCD probably is a different story though, since they started at like 10 scholarships and are finally fully funded this year. They probably just became a I-A counter this year.

aceinthehole
February 23rd, 2007, 03:52 PM
NDSU is a counter the school increased scholarships very quickly and will be fully funded(63 scholarships) for the second straight season this year, it is also a 2 year average not 4. Also being ineligable for the playoffs has nothing to do with being a counter, it is all about the two year scholarship average(I think around 54?). UCD probably is a different story though, since they started at like 10 scholarships and are finally fully funded this year. They probably just became a I-A counter this year.

OK that makes some sense to me.

So in NDSU's case, if 2006 was their second year at 63 schollys, and the 2 year average had to be => 57, then you had to have at least 51 schollys in 2004 to be a counter in 2006, right?

2006 = "counter" year (63 schollys)
2005 = 63 schollys
2004 = at least 51 schollys

Again, I'm sure CCSU is not a "counter" in 2007, but I'm guessing that in past years other "non-counter" I-AA teams must have played $$$ games vs. I-A foes, right?

Does anyone know the exact requirements to be a "bowl counter?"

UAalum72
February 23rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
Does anyone know the exact requirements to be a "bowl counter?"
It's 90% of the maximum - 63 * .9 = 56.7

aceinthehole
February 23rd, 2007, 04:09 PM
It's 90% of the maximum - 63 * .9 = 56.7

And its only a prior 2-year average?

So, to be a "counter" in 2008 you must have the 57 scholly average for the 2006 and 2007 season?

----

Also, Central Arkansas is playing at Lousiana Tech in just their second season as a I-AA team. How could they have met the 2-yr average?

UAalum72
February 23rd, 2007, 04:26 PM
Sounds like it - exact wording

30.9.2.2 Exception — Division I-AA Opponent. [I-A] Each year, a Division I-A institution may count one victory against a Division I-AA opponent toward the six-win minimum, provided the Division I-AA opponent has averaged 90 percent of the permissible maximum number of grants-in-aid per year in Division I-AA football over a rolling two-year period. (Adopted: 10/28/97 effective 8/1/98, Revised: 4/28/05)