PDA

View Full Version : Any Frisco or DFW recommendations needed? Ask Here

BadlandsGrizFan
December 18th, 2017, 01:36 PM
I'd be happy to answer any DFW or related questions. I have lived in the area for 5 years and currently work in Frisco. Ask me anything and I'd be happy to help out the FCS crowd!

Nickels
December 18th, 2017, 04:18 PM
Does the area currently have enough sunglasses to protect locals from the blinding pasty-ness of the visiting women?

cx500d
December 18th, 2017, 05:04 PM
What's better, Frisco Hutchins BBQ or McKinney Hutchins BBQ?

DFW HOYA
December 18th, 2017, 05:28 PM

Neither. Go to Pecan Lodge.

cx500d
December 18th, 2017, 05:35 PM
Neither. Go to Pecan Lodge.

Overpriced and pain in the ass to get to. Only yankees and dandy's go there.

DFW HOYA
December 18th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Overpriced and pain in the ass to get to. Only yankees and dandy's go there.

Hard to get to? It's in downtown Dallas. Then again, it's not exactly Lexington, TX on a Saturday morning!

cx500d
December 18th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Hard to get to? It's in downtown Dallas. Then again, it's not exactly Lexington, TX on a Saturday morning!

Exactly my point.

cx500d
December 18th, 2017, 06:40 PM
https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/dallas-fort-worth-bbq-guide/

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Best steak house? Tex Mex?

Is Texas De Brazil better than Fogo?

cx500d
December 18th, 2017, 07:04 PM

The difference between Fogo and Texas de Brazil is minimal and no factor. Go to the one you can get in quicker. They are also essentially across the street from each other.

Steak places depend where you want to go.
Al Biernat's is where the mover's and shakers go.
Pappa's and Capital Grill has some dry aged steaks if you want to try that.
III Forks is good.
Bob's is decent.
Randy's in Frisco is decent
Chamberlains

Tex Mex
Not sure, there are so many none stand out to me. I tend to go to Gloria's or MiCocina, but there isn't anything special about them, and they are kind of chain-ish.

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2017, 07:17 PM
The difference between Fogo and Texas de Brazil is minimal and no factor. Go to the one you can get in quicker. They are also essentially across the street from each other.

Steak places depend where you want to go.
Al Biernat's is where the mover's and shakers go.
Pappa's and Capital Grill has some dry aged steaks if you want to try that.
III Forks is good.
Bob's is decent.
Randy's in Frisco is decent
Chamberlains

Tex Mex
Not sure, there are so many none stand out to me. I tend to go to Gloria's or MiCocina, but there isn't anything special about them, and they are kind of chain-ish.

Nates is across the street from Fogo also. Funky but I like it.

BadlandsGrizFan
December 19th, 2017, 08:53 AM

Theyre essentially the same. I always do the Frisco Hutchins.

BadlandsGrizFan
December 19th, 2017, 08:54 AM

I like Hutchins better than Pecan Lodge, only thing Pecan does better is the brisket. Every other meat I prefer Hutchins.

Plus you have to wait an hour to get in Pecan Lodge lol. Both are awesome tho.

BadlandsGrizFan
December 19th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Nates is across the street from Fogo also. Funky but I like it.

Nates is awesome for Cajun food. Great crawfish!

Ida Claires is also an awesome restaurant for some southern soul food. One of my favorite places in the metroplex.

cx500d
December 19th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Theyre essentially the same. I always do the Frisco Hutchins.

Ive never come across "sold out" in McKinney, but a few people here have mentioned Frisco being sold out of brisket.

BadlandsGrizFan
December 19th, 2017, 08:57 AM

Best steak house I've been to is Chamberlains in Addison...or if you're in downtown Dallas...Dakotas is also amazing. Youre going to spend a dime at each tho.

BadlandsGrizFan
December 19th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Ive never come across "sold out" in McKinney, but a few people here have mentioned Frisco being sold out of brisket.

I havent seen it sold out personally in Frisco but I know it has. Another very good BBQ place is Lockharts in old downtown Plano.

Bisonoline
December 19th, 2017, 07:31 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26824&stc=1
I havent seen it sold out personally in Frisco but I know it has. Another very good BBQ place is Lockharts in old downtown Plano.

Been there. Those deviled eggs have some bite. Burnet ends were great. Brisket and sausage good

Bisonoline
December 19th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Nates is awesome for Cajun food. Great crawfish!

Ida Claires is also an awesome restaurant for some southern soul food. One of my favorite places in the metroplex.

Our server was great at Nates. I was looking at the menu and mentioned there were a bunch of different things I wanted. He said ----tell me what you want and we will make a combo for you. We are here to say yes to what you want. Not no. Also loved the Mississippi delta blues playing in the back ground.

BadlandsGrizFan
December 20th, 2017, 09:02 AM
Our server was great at Nates. I was looking at the menu and mentioned there were a bunch of different things I wanted. He said ----tell me what you want and we will make a combo for you. We are here to say yes to what you want. Not no. Also loved the Mississippi delta blues playing in the back ground.

Yep, one of my favorite spots. Also Crab Station is a great cajun place as well. You would never think it since it owned by an Asian family in the asian market in Carollton, but its seriously phenomenal. They also have an oyster bar.

I was told about it by a lady from Lake Charles Louisiana so she knew what she was talking about when it comes to good crawfish. It did not disappoint. A little out of the way from Frisco tho.

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Yep, one of my favorite spots. Also Crab Station is a great cajun place as well. You would never think it since it owned by an Asian family in the asian market in Carollton, but its seriously phenomenal. They also have an oyster bar.

I was told about it by a lady from Lake Charles Louisiana so she knew what she was talking about when it comes to good crawfish. It did not disappoint. A little out of the way from Frisco tho.

I like Pappadeauxs as well. But not for their fresh crawfish.

cx500d
December 20th, 2017, 11:31 PM

The Boiling Crab is pretty decent cajun for this area...Its kind of where Richardson, Dallas, and Garland meet more or less at Plano Rd and Walnut.

http://www.theboilingcrab.com/locations/view/dallas-tx

dewey
December 21st, 2017, 07:08 AM
I posted this last year but here is a photo of our National Championship game supper from 2016 from Hutchins in Frisco.

Hutchins BBQ Catering
Address: 9225 Preston Road, Frisco TX
Store: 972-377-2046
Catering: 972-540-1920
Email: catering @ hutchinsbbq.com
Wed-Sun: 11am to 3pm (or til sold out)
Fri & Sat: 5pm to 9pm

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26830&stc=1

Dewey

BadlandsGrizFan
December 21st, 2017, 08:55 AM
I posted this last year but here is a photo of our National Championship game supper from 2016 from Hutchins in Frisco.

Hutchins BBQ Catering

Dewey

Dude, you have to also get the bacon green beans on the side with the potato salad!!!!

mango433
December 21st, 2017, 09:51 AM

Hutchins BBQ Catering

Dewey

I want to go to Texas just for the BBQ

Lorne_Malvo
December 21st, 2017, 01:07 PM
Tex Mex?

IMO with my experience limited to Austin and Houston, find the food trucks/stands.
They always seem to have the best texmex food for some weird reason.

Panther88
December 21st, 2017, 07:59 PM
I want to go to Texas just for the BBQ

2 funny. I just bought a loaded baked potatoe w/ chopped beef and sausage that’s stinking up the gremlin.

My recommendation: Babe’s Chicken House. Home made biscuits, local type preserves/syrups plural, home made cobblers, & blue bell ice creams. It’s not too far from the stadium, almost walking distance.

Twentysix
December 21st, 2017, 08:14 PM
http://www.miastexmex.com

Tex mex is great here for DFW

Bisonoline
December 21st, 2017, 08:57 PM
2 funny. I just bought a loaded baked potatoe w/ chopped beef and sausage that’s stinking up the gremlin.

My recommendation: Babe’s Chicken House. Home made biscuits, local type preserves/syrups plural, home made cobblers, & blue bell ice creams. It’s not too far from the stadium, almost walking distance.

Put that on our list. Thanks

cx500d
December 21st, 2017, 11:07 PM

Babes is OK, but its mainly fried chicken or pot roast; not really a texas specialty.

Panther88
December 22nd, 2017, 07:45 AM
Babes is OK, but its mainly fried chicken or pot roast; not really a texas specialty.

Fried chicken, chicken friend steak/chicken, smoked chicken (DAMNED good!), chicken fingers, whatever... it'll be a great break from the carcinogen laced bbq'd meats, if they so desire. The food there is top-notch. For instance, I'm not a green beans person by any stretch of the imagination but their stuff is laced w/ lard and seasonings that will make you drink the bean liquor from the bowl (true story). The complimentary salad, comprised of only lettuce, yes, lettuce xsmhx , has some type of seasoning on it that it may actually fill you up before you get to the main course. I've gone several times and left disgusted because I filled up on the buttermilk biscuits w/ those preserves/syrups/honeys and salad and got the main course w/ either of pineapple upside down cake/banana pudding to go. Pitiful.

cx500d
December 22nd, 2017, 08:48 AM
Fried chicken, chicken friend steak/chicken, smoked chicken (DAMNED good!), chicken fingers, whatever... it'll be a great break from the carcinogen laced bbq'd meats, if they so desire. The food there is top-notch. For instance, I'm not a green beans person by any stretch of the imagination but their stuff is laced w/ lard and seasonings that will make you drink the bean liquor from the bowl (true story). The complimentary salad, comprised of only lettuce, yes, lettuce xsmhx , has some type of seasoning on it that it may actually fill you up before you get to the main course. I've gone several times and left disgusted because I filled up on the buttermilk biscuits w/ those preserves/syrups/honeys and salad and got the main course w/ either of pineapple upside down cake/banana pudding to go. Pitiful.

My left arm started to get numb just reading your post...

kdinva
December 22nd, 2017, 10:29 AM
Fried chicken, chicken friend steak/chicken, smoked chicken (DAMNED good!), chicken fingers, whatever... it'll be a great break from the carcinogen laced bbq'd meats, if they so desire. The food there is top-notch. For instance, I'm not a green beans person by any stretch of the imagination but their stuff is laced w/ lard and seasonings that will make you drink the bean liquor from the bowl (true story).

sounds like my kind of place!!! (maybe CitDog's too)

Panther88
December 22nd, 2017, 02:57 PM

lol but you'll be a right arm still good happy son of a gun after eating lol. Just talking about this is making me crave. REAL potatoes cooked fresh daily along w/ the 30 weight gravys... man... :(

- - - Updated - - -

sounds like my kind of place!!! (maybe CitDog's too)

You have to try it. The lines may be a lil' long so be patient. It's worth the wait.

cx500d
December 22nd, 2017, 03:49 PM
lol but you'll be a right arm still good happy son of a gun after eating lol. Just talking about this is making me crave. REAL potatoes cooked fresh daily along w/ the 30 weight gravys... man... :(

You have to try it. The lines may be a lil' long so be patient. It's worth the wait.

There are a couple more around DFW.

Panther88
December 22nd, 2017, 04:09 PM
There are a couple more around DFW.

If you're near Roanoke, checkout the original on 377. Has that throwback dirty floor fligga-majigg thing working. :D

And yes, only sweet tea. :D

Bisonoline
December 22nd, 2017, 04:20 PM

xlolx

Bisonoline
December 22nd, 2017, 04:21 PM

I love me some pot roast.

swaghook
December 23rd, 2017, 08:52 PM
The last time we were down a high school classmate of mine living down there took us to Sugarbacon in McKinney. We enjoyed the lunch there.

cx500d
December 23rd, 2017, 10:57 PM
The last time we were down a high school classmate of mine living down there took us to Sugarbacon in McKinney. We enjoyed the lunch there.

meh. I've been there a few times, nothing really stands out about that place. In downtown McKinney (besides Hutchins BBQ), you might want to try Rick's Chophouse (steaks, nice bar, good chicken fried steak if you are in to that), or Harvest (farm to table). You usually need a reservation to both, although I've eaten at the bar in Rick's without a reservation.

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2017, 11:02 PM
meh. I've been there a few times, nothing really stands out about that place. In downtown McKinney (besides Hutchins BBQ), you might want to try Rick's Chophouse (steaks, nice bar, good chicken fried steak if you are in to that), or Harvest (farm to table). You usually need a reservation to both, although I've eaten at the bar in Rick's without a reservation.

What about Randys Steakhouse in Frisco?

cx500d
December 23rd, 2017, 11:03 PM
What about Randys Steakhouse in Frisco?

Yeah, Randy's is good. Not quite as high priced as the places in Addison or Dallas.

Penguin Nation
December 24th, 2017, 09:28 AM
Frisco's cleanest whores and purest cocaine? Asking for a friend.

TheKingpin28
December 24th, 2017, 09:47 AM

Is this what you mean?

https://i.imgflip.com/21mkyh.jpg

cx500d
December 24th, 2017, 11:29 AM

They left after last year's Natty. Something about following the runners-up home to new pastures.

Penguin Nation
December 25th, 2017, 07:30 AM
They left after last year's Natty. Something about following the runners-up home to new pastures.

I said "cleanest". *My friend* wants to avoid the hepatitis shots and double gloving.

cx500d
December 25th, 2017, 08:59 AM
I said "cleanest". *My friend* wants to avoid the hepatitis shots and double gloving.

How many "proctology appointments" does your "friend" need?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 25th, 2017, 10:50 AM
How many "proctology appointments" does your "friend" need?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26842&stc=1

:D......Fletch is a great movie!!

BisonFan02
December 25th, 2017, 12:59 PM
The Waffle House in Plano is a quaint joint.

cx500d
December 25th, 2017, 04:00 PM
The Waffle House in Plano is a quaint joint.

I’ve always heard people that eat there should stay close to a bathroom for a day or so . Is this the one on 75 and spring creek?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
December 25th, 2017, 04:01 PM
I’ve always heard people that eat there should stay close to a bathroom for a day or so . Is this the one on 75 and spring creek?

No idea....don't remember.

NDSUtmmkr
December 26th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Pappadeauxs fresh craws are ok but only in peak in-season mid spring.

Bisonoline
December 26th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Pappadeauxs fresh craws are ok but only in peak in-season mid spring.

Yeah but they are just ok. I found them to be small and over cooked. Nates were much better. Seths Lake Fork Creek outside of QUITMAN are great!!!! As is all of their food.

Pappas has some other really good food though.

dewey
December 28th, 2017, 10:52 PM
Here is a photo from the celebratory supper after beating Jacksonville State at Hutchins in Frisco.

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171229/27fa99adb5c4f79a22f7c6d0393c99b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Panther88
December 29th, 2017, 01:46 PM
ut-austin hook’em signs? xsmhx. A good pic ruined by ut-austin hook’em and oregon st promotion. :(.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2017, 01:52 PM
ut-austin hook’em signs? xsmhx. A good pic ruined by ut-austin hook’em and oregon st promotion. :(.

Bison fans have been doing "horns up" for many years. I think that is a OK State t-shirt....

TheKingpin28
December 29th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Bison fans have been doing "horns up" for many years. I think that is a OK State t-shirt....

Hell, they even made a song about it.

cx500d
December 29th, 2017, 05:29 PM

That’s pretty bad that p88 doesn’t know the ok state logo

Panther88
December 30th, 2017, 06:42 PM
That’s pretty bad that p88 doesn’t know the ok state logo

Nah, not really. There is only one school in the OK and we know their logo instantly: boomer/OU. First glance, ‘osu’ urnge/black yields more popular oregon st. Sue me.

Panther88
January 1st, 2018, 02:01 PM
@ first glance, looking @ "OSU" in urnge/black caused me to think this:

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/33/798/full/2515_oregon_state_beavers-wordmark-1997.png

That is a licensed Oregon St Univ logo above ^^^^. Never paid too much attention to irrelevant schools and their logos, like okst et al. Kinda' sorta' like I'll get a question about the purple/gold motorscooter helmets I sport and the infamous "you atten-eee elll esss youuuuu????" xconfusedx xlolx Duh.

Prime Power
January 1st, 2018, 08:02 PM
You can drive pretty much everywhere (traffic can be horrendous). Parking in Downtown, Deep Ellum, Uptown, and Oak Lawn is going to suck and cost you $.
Pay attention to all parking signs/lot rules the tow truck drivers are tow happy.
Most of the hotels are in the West of Downtown area which is an OK area to stay I guess. You can drive or take the Dallas Train to most of the cool neighborhoods from there too.
Downtown itself is pretty vacant and not really worth going to. Just go see the JFK stuff and don't eat or drink downtown because there's so much better elsewhere.
Most of the neighborhoods are directly surrounding downtown. You can just hit up a neighborhood and walk around and find amazing food/drinks anywhere.
Don't go to East Dallas after dark and I wouldn't walk around West Dallas (Hotel areas) too late either. There's really nothing to walk to in West Dallas anyway.

Breweries:
Peticolas (West of Downtown) - Probably my favorite in Dallas. All their IPAs are awesome. Velvet Hammer is their most famous. Try to find Velvet Hammer before you leave.
Lakewood Brewing Company (North Suburbs) - They make the best stout, The Temptress. There are a bunch of variants. Sin Mint, French Quarter, Mole, Raspberry, Bourbon Barrel. I will pay you for any of the variants if you can find them and bring them back. Especially any of the bourbon barrel versions.
Braindead Brewing (Deep Ellum) - Don't miss this brewery/restaurant! Texas brewery of the year last year. I lived across the street from this place. The food is amazing and the beer selection can't be beat.
Deep Ellum Brewing (Deep Ellum) - Average beer nothing super special.
Community Beer Company (West of Downtown) - Better than average. Mosaic IPA is really good, oak aged Mosaic IPA even better.
Revolver Brewing (Trinity Groves) - Kind of average. They were one of the first. Blood & Honey is pretty good.
Bishop Cider Co. (Oak Cliff) - AWESOME Cider. These guys are rocking it.

Bars/Gastropubs
The Holy Grail Pub (Frisco) - Good selection of craft beer and good food.
Lonestar Taps & Caps (Frisco) - One of the best beer selections in Dallas.
The Common Table (Uptown & Frisco) - They always have great beer selection and good food. One of my favorite places in Uptown.
The Ginger Man (Uptown & Frisco) - Decent craft beer selection.
Idle Rich Pub (Uptown) - English pub. Good beer and the best fish & chips in Dallas.
Craft & Growler (Deep Ellum) - Don't miss! Best craft beer selection in Dallas. Only beer and no food, but can bring in pizza from place on the corner.
The Truckyard (Lower Greenville) - Awesome junkyard themed bar with amazing cheesesteaks. I've only had better in Philadelphia itself.
Cidercade (West of Downtown) - Cider/Arcade place that wasn't open when we lived there but friends love it.

BBQ
Pecan Lodge (Deep Ellum) - Best BBQ in dallas but get there early. Gonna be a long line.
Lockhart (Oak Cliff) - I think just as good as Pecan Lodge and no wait.
The Slow Bone (West of Downtown) - Really really good brisket.

Mexican (Tacos)
Bowls & Tacos (Deep Ellum) - Some of my buddies from Braindead brewing opened this place up after I left.
Tacos La Banqueta (Deep Ellum) - My favorite street tacos in Dallas. Authentic street tacos and authentic greasy hole in the wall.
Fuel City Tacos (East Dallas) - 24h Taco joint in the hood. 2nd favorite authentic street taco place. Sketchy as hell but safe because everyone is just there for Tacos man. It's surreal. Every type of gang, ethnicity, occuptions, etc.. and cops. All there to just get tacos.

Mexican (Tex-Mex)
Pepe’s & Mito’s Mexican Café (Deep Ellum) - I used to walk here from my loft to get good stuff.
Manny's (Multiple Locations)
Mia’s Tex-Mex Restaurant (Highland Park)
Mi Cocina (Uptown) - Food is average but the house Margaritas are the best.
Chuy's (Knox-Henderson) - Really good margaritas here too.

Asian
First Chinese BBQ (Richardson) - North suburbs but worth the drive for amazing authentic chinese food.
Kirin Court Chinese Restaurant (Richardson) - Dim Sum style chinese. Loved this place for brunch.
Monkey King Noodle Co (Deep Ellum) - Hand pulled noodle soup.
Dalat (Knox-Henderson) - Awesome late night Pho place.

Pizza
Cane Rosso (Multiple Locations) - Just like Fireflour with the brick oven. Awesome stuff.
Eno’s Pizza Tavern (Oak Cliff) - Really really good.
Serious Pizza (Deep Ellum) - GIANT slices of late night pizza slices after drinking in Deep Ellum.

Fancy Restaurants
Bob's Steakhouse (Uptown) - One of the best steaks I've had in my life. A Dallas legend.
Lucia (Oak Cliff) - Best restaurant in Dallas hands down, but you need reservations months ahead.
Boulevardier (Oak Cliff) - French cuisine. One of my favorite restaurants.

Frisco Area
I don't know a lot to do in Frisco area, so this will be short. It's far away from the "City" and I hardly went up there.
One of my favorite craft beer bars (Common Table) just opened a second location there.

Deep Ellum
My favorite neighborhood in Dallas. Grungy/Outcast/Industrial area. Lot of dive bars and unique places.
I lived in an industrial loft above a pizza place and bars here.
Stay around the main part of Elm street if it's late. The East part is a little sketchy.

Uptown
The most bars in the smallest area can be found in Uptown. Place to show off money and status.
Don't go to Uptown on weekend nights. It is all yuppie SMU kids and unbearable.
There is a free old-school hop-on hop-off trolley that loops you through Uptown and Downtown Dallas. Really Cool.
I liked to go there on weekday nights or during the day.
I never worried about walking around Uptown at any time.

Lower Greenville
Tons of good bars and food available here.

Knox/Henderson
Another area with lots of good bars and food.

Trinity Groves
This is a cool new development area with a couple small breweries and some good restaurants.

Oak Cliff
Another really cool hip up and coming area. Great food and bars here.

cx500d
January 1st, 2018, 10:09 PM
You might want to try Tupp's Brewery in Mckinney; its in the old cotton mill near downtown (and not too far from Hutchin's BBQ). Address is
721 Anderson St, McKinney, TX 75069

You can drive pretty much everywhere (traffic can be horrendous). Parking in Downtown, Deep Ellum, Uptown, and Oak Lawn is going to suck and cost you $.
Pay attention to all parking signs/lot rules the tow truck drivers are tow happy.
Most of the hotels are in the West of Downtown area which is an OK area to stay I guess. You can drive or take the Dallas Train to most of the cool neighborhoods from there too.
Downtown itself is pretty vacant and not really worth going to. Just go see the JFK stuff and don't eat or drink downtown because there's so much better elsewhere.
Most of the neighborhoods are directly surrounding downtown. You can just hit up a neighborhood and walk around and find amazing food/drinks anywhere.
Don't go to East Dallas after dark and I wouldn't walk around West Dallas (Hotel areas) too late either. There's really nothing to walk to in West Dallas anyway.

Breweries:
Peticolas (West of Downtown) - Probably my favorite in Dallas. All their IPAs are awesome. Velvet Hammer is their most famous. Try to find Velvet Hammer before you leave.
Lakewood Brewing Company (North Suburbs) - They make the best stout, The Temptress. There are a bunch of variants. Sin Mint, French Quarter, Mole, Raspberry, Bourbon Barrel. I will pay you for any of the variants if you can find them and bring them back. Especially any of the bourbon barrel versions.
Braindead Brewing (Deep Ellum) - Don't miss this brewery/restaurant! Texas brewery of the year last year. I lived across the street from this place. The food is amazing and the beer selection can't be beat.
Deep Ellum Brewing (Deep Ellum) - Average beer nothing super special.
Community Beer Company (West of Downtown) - Better than average. Mosaic IPA is really good, oak aged Mosaic IPA even better.
Revolver Brewing (Trinity Groves) - Kind of average. They were one of the first. Blood & Honey is pretty good.
Bishop Cider Co. (Oak Cliff) - AWESOME Cider. These guys are rocking it.

Bars/Gastropubs
The Holy Grail Pub (Frisco) - Good selection of craft beer and good food.
Lonestar Taps & Caps (Frisco) - One of the best beer selections in Dallas.
The Common Table (Uptown & Frisco) - They always have great beer selection and good food. One of my favorite places in Uptown.
The Ginger Man (Uptown & Frisco) - Decent craft beer selection.
Idle Rich Pub (Uptown) - English pub. Good beer and the best fish & chips in Dallas.
Craft & Growler (Deep Ellum) - Don't miss! Best craft beer selection in Dallas. Only beer and no food, but can bring in pizza from place on the corner.
The Truckyard (Lower Greenville) - Awesome junkyard themed bar with amazing cheesesteaks. I've only had better in Philadelphia itself.
Cidercade (West of Downtown) - Cider/Arcade place that wasn't open when we lived there but friends love it.

BBQ
Pecan Lodge (Deep Ellum) - Best BBQ in dallas but get there early. Gonna be a long line.
Lockhart (Oak Cliff) - I think just as good as Pecan Lodge and no wait.
The Slow Bone (West of Downtown) - Really really good brisket.

Mexican (Tacos)
Bowls & Tacos (Deep Ellum) - Some of my buddies from Braindead brewing opened this place up after I left.
Tacos La Banqueta (Deep Ellum) - My favorite street tacos in Dallas. Authentic street tacos and authentic greasy hole in the wall.
Fuel City Tacos (East Dallas) - 24h Taco joint in the hood. 2nd favorite authentic street taco place. Sketchy as hell but safe because everyone is just there for Tacos man. It's surreal. Every type of gang, ethnicity, occuptions, etc.. and cops. All there to just get tacos.

Mexican (Tex-Mex)
Pepe’s & Mito’s Mexican Café (Deep Ellum) - I used to walk here from my loft to get good stuff.
Manny's (Multiple Locations)
Mia’s Tex-Mex Restaurant (Highland Park)
Mi Cocina (Uptown) - Food is average but the house Margaritas are the best.
Chuy's (Knox-Henderson) - Really good margaritas here too.

Asian
First Chinese BBQ (Richardson) - North suburbs but worth the drive for amazing authentic chinese food.
Kirin Court Chinese Restaurant (Richardson) - Dim Sum style chinese. Loved this place for brunch.
Monkey King Noodle Co (Deep Ellum) - Hand pulled noodle soup.
Dalat (Knox-Henderson) - Awesome late night Pho place.

Pizza
Cane Rosso (Multiple Locations) - Just like Fireflour with the brick oven. Awesome stuff.
Eno’s Pizza Tavern (Oak Cliff) - Really really good.
Serious Pizza (Deep Ellum) - GIANT slices of late night pizza slices after drinking in Deep Ellum.

Fancy Restaurants
Bob's Steakhouse (Uptown) - One of the best steaks I've had in my life. A Dallas legend.
Lucia (Oak Cliff) - Best restaurant in Dallas hands down, but you need reservations months ahead.
Boulevardier (Oak Cliff) - French cuisine. One of my favorite restaurants.

Frisco Area
I don't know a lot to do in Frisco area, so this will be short. It's far away from the "City" and I hardly went up there.
One of my favorite craft beer bars (Common Table) just opened a second location there.

Deep Ellum
My favorite neighborhood in Dallas. Grungy/Outcast/Industrial area. Lot of dive bars and unique places.
I lived in an industrial loft above a pizza place and bars here.
Stay around the main part of Elm street if it's late. The East part is a little sketchy.

Uptown
The most bars in the smallest area can be found in Uptown. Place to show off money and status.
Don't go to Uptown on weekend nights. It is all yuppie SMU kids and unbearable.
There is a free old-school hop-on hop-off trolley that loops you through Uptown and Downtown Dallas. Really Cool.
I liked to go there on weekday nights or during the day.
I never worried about walking around Uptown at any time.

Lower Greenville
Tons of good bars and food available here.

Knox/Henderson
Another area with lots of good bars and food.

Trinity Groves
This is a cool new development area with a couple small breweries and some good restaurants.

Oak Cliff
Another really cool hip up and coming area. Great food and bars here.

Bisonoline
January 2nd, 2018, 10:20 PM
The eagle has landed. Got to Frisco at around 12:30pm after a 16 hour drive. Ate at Randys steak house in Frisco. Here is the 28 oz bone in ribeye I had for dinner.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26883&stc=1

Waiter said Ive only seen 4 people finish it since Ive been working here. After we got done he had seen 2 more added to the list. (I think he was fibbing):D

Going to Nates for lunch tomorrow. They have fresh crawfish!!!!

cx500d
January 2nd, 2018, 11:11 PM
The eagle has landed. Got to Frisco at around 12:30pm after a 16 hour drive. Ate at Randys steak house in Frisco. Here is the 28 oz bone in ribeye I had for dinner.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26883&stc=1

Waiter said Ive only seen 4 people finish it since Ive been working here. After we got done he had seen 2 more added to the list. (I think he was fibbing):D

Wow....

Bisonoline
January 2nd, 2018, 11:24 PM
Wow....

How many you bringing to tailgate? We are having a bunch of us going to Pappadeauxs for dinner Sat night if you want to join us. I think we are going to Randys Friday night. Wed and thursday havent figured out yet. Hutchins will be in there some place.

cx500d
January 2nd, 2018, 11:28 PM
How many you bringing to tailgate? We are having a bunch of us going to Pappadeauxs for dinner Sat night if you want to join us. I think we are going to Randys Friday night. Wed and thursday havent figured out yet. Hutchins will be in there some place.

I think it's just me for the tailgate, but I'll see if my buddy is coming. I'll join you Saturday night for sure. I have tomorrow off and will be working Thursday and Friday. You going to hit Randy's up twice?

BisonFan02
January 2nd, 2018, 11:29 PM

100% chance I could eat that ribeye. I don't shy away from steak.....finish the sides with ease too. xlolx

Bisonoline
January 2nd, 2018, 11:37 PM
I think it's just me for the tailgate, but I'll see if my buddy is coming. I'll join you Saturday night for sure. I have tomorrow off and will be working Thursday and Friday. You going to hit Randy's up twice?

Friends want to eat there Friday so why not. Unless I think of another place. They want a high end place. Its right here and it was pretty good.

I will put you down for Sat night. If you want to meet at Nates tomorrow let me know.

dewey
January 2nd, 2018, 11:38 PM

That looks like the Bludgeon of Beef from Mannys in downtown Minneapolis.

Looks delicious.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
January 2nd, 2018, 11:44 PM
That looks like the Bludgeon of Beef from Mannys in downtown Minneapolis.

Looks delicious.

Dewey

You just spoke my native tongue. xnodx

dewey
January 3rd, 2018, 09:11 AM
Here is a few pictures of the Bludgeon of Beef from Mannys.

This is a bone in ribeye steak (48 is bone in Tibet cooked to absolute perfection)

Current price is ~$103

http://www.mannyssteakhouse.com

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180103/e631d304e84e03e081d0a2db1db1ba85.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180103/0206b9cc8d688738bd843180831fb691.jpg

cx here is a silver butter knife steak from Murray's.

http://www.murraysrestaurant.com/home/

SILVER BUTTER KNIFE

Our legendary 28 oz strip sirloin for 2, hand-cut by our in-house butcher Boyd, who has been with us for 37 years.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180103/9390a8cff94516c2aadd560e7c4aee24.jpg

Dewey

cx500d
January 3rd, 2018, 09:22 AM

This is a bone in ribeye steak.

SILVER BUTTER KNIFE

Our legendary 28 oz strip sirloin for 2, hand-cut by our in-house butcher Boyd, who has been with us for 37 years.

Dewey

OK, I guess I confused them as the same place...I hadn't spent a lot of time there until recently, so my poor memory confused Murrays as Manny's.

BisonFan02
January 3rd, 2018, 09:43 AM

This is a bone in ribeye steak (48 is bone in Tibet cooked to absolute perfection)

Current price is ~$103

SILVER BUTTER KNIFE

Dewey

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Heavy-Breathing-Cat.jpg

My two fav places downtown.....

Hammerhead
January 3rd, 2018, 10:15 AM
The following businesses are NDSU Team Makers (booster club members) and official watch party sites for the NDSU Alumni association. xbeerchugx

Bronze ($1,000-$1,499)
Wild Pitch – Frisco, TX

Captains ($500-$999)
The Brixton – Shops at Legacy – Plano, TX
Concrete Cowboy – Dallas, TX
Clutch Bar – Dallas, TX
Tight Ends Sports Bar – Plano, TX

Green & Gold ($250-$499)
Ringo’s Pub – Plano, TX
Scruffy Duffy’s – Plano, TX

Southern Bison
January 3rd, 2018, 10:26 AM
Damn you Tapatalk...the steak porn isn't showing up! *drool*

TheKingpin28
January 3rd, 2018, 10:56 AM

Current price is ~$103

SILVER BUTTER KNIFE

Dewey

https://media1.tenor.com/images/94423546cd3bda4fa28573e394debc64/tenor.gif

POD Knows
January 3rd, 2018, 11:04 AM

Current price is ~$103

SILVER BUTTER KNIFE

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using TapatalkI have eaten in a lot of pretty good places in my travels but I freaking love Manny's. I have eaten there twice, outstanding both times. Never been to Murray's that I remember.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 4th, 2018, 07:02 AM
Man, that steak looks good!!

Just got a ticket to the Pep Fest on Friday night. I usually skip this but what the heck. Only a short drive from my hotel.

Bisonoline
January 4th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Ate at Babes Chicken House. This is difficult to say but if you can say chicken could be this good then this was great. The biscuits were fantastic. Mashed potatoes, green beams and corn served family style. The chicken finger were the best Ive ever had. Had a side of gravy. Next time its the chicken fried steak.

Yesterday we went to Nates Seafood and Steak House. The fresh crawfish were very good. The were a little small but thats to be expected at this time of year. The chargrilled oysters with crabmeat were very tasty. Fried oysters really good. Catfish good as well.

cx500d
January 4th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Ate at Babes Chicken House. This is difficult to say but if you can say chicken could be this good then this was great. The biscuits were fantastic. Mashed potatoes, green beams and corn served family style. The chicken finger were the best Ive ever had. Had a side of gravy. Next time its the chicken fried steak.

Yesterday we went to Nates Seafood and Steak House. The fresh crawfish were very good. The were a little small but thats to be expected at this time of year. The chargrilled oysters with crabmeat were very tasty. Fried oysters really good. Catfish good as well.

You are going to have to detox

Bisonoline
January 4th, 2018, 08:31 PM
You are going to have to detox

Not till I get home.

Tomorrow I think its Hutchins for lunch and Randys for dinner. I think Im going to have the meat sweats before the day is over.

ps the Turtle soup at Randys is phenomenal.

Panther88
January 5th, 2018, 12:07 AM

You did great work!!!! Forgot about Nates. Great seafood spot, horrible parking lot, unless they upgraded.

Bisonoline
January 5th, 2018, 12:11 AM
You did great work!!!! Forgot about Nates. Great seafood spot, horrible parking lot, unless they upgraded.

The lot is now paved. LOL

Panther88
January 5th, 2018, 11:54 AM
The lot is now paved. LOL

xlolx and xsmhx All the $$$$$ Nates was making, for that "lot." xsmhx Glad you all enjoyed Babes. What did you think about the lettuce w/ special sauce? :D I'd get full off the bread and trimmings w/ lettuce stuff/sweet tea before the main course would arrive.

FargoBison
January 5th, 2018, 01:34 PM
Stopped by 3stacks in Frisco solid brisket tacos....really good queso. Lots of Bison fans even though some jmu clown wrote 27-17 in chalk all over their sidewalk.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
January 5th, 2018, 06:02 PM
Lunch--Hutchins BBQ---20.99 All you could eat. The end!xawesomexxthumbsupx

cx500d
January 5th, 2018, 06:10 PM
Lunch--Hutchins BBQ---20.99 All you could eat. The end!xawesomexxthumbsupx

How can you even do dinner?

What time you setting up tomorrow?

RabidRabbit
January 5th, 2018, 06:29 PM
Wild Pitch overflowing , so this Rabbit is in Tight Ends. Any one else from AGS? I’m decked in Blue/yellow.

Bisonoline
January 5th, 2018, 10:27 PM
How can you even do dinner?

What time you setting up tomorrow?

We will be in line by 5. Lot opens at 5.30. Will have every thing going by 7.

We will have the AGS flag up.

Winterborn
February 20th, 2018, 08:47 AM
I am going to be in Dallas here for work the next couple of days staying near Lewisville. Will be flying in late (8:30) and unfortunately most places mentioned here close at 9. Anybody have a recommendation for a place that is open later at night? Looking for BBQ but steak/seafood would work too.

TheKingpin28
February 20th, 2018, 09:05 AM
I am going to be in Dallas here for work the next couple of days staying near Lewisville. Will be flying in late (8:30) and unfortunately most places mentioned here close at 9. Anybody have a recommendation for a place that is open later at night? Looking for BBQ but steak/seafood would work too.

CX, where you at? Hook a friend up.

BadlandsGrizFan
February 20th, 2018, 11:25 AM

Crab Station, right down the highway from you in Carrollton is awesome for cajun food. Open until 10-11.

Winterborn
February 20th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Crab Station, right down the highway from you in Carrollton is awesome for cajun food. Open until 10-11.

That menu does look good! Any recommendations? I will eat anything once. :D

cx500d
February 20th, 2018, 05:21 PM

Go to Hutchins for bbq, there’s one in Frisco. Randy’s for steak, Also in Frisco. Not to familiar with what is in Lewisville. There’s the Brazilian places in Addison for a meat coma, III Forks in Addison is a good steak place.

Edit. Most of the steak places are open til 10 on weeknights. If you are actually landing at DFW at 830, you may be looking for a Waffle House.

Winterborn
February 20th, 2018, 05:45 PM
Go to Hutchins for bbq, there’s one in Frisco. Randy’s for steak, Also in Frisco. Not to familiar with what is in Lewisville. There’s the Brazilian places in Addison for a meat coma, III Forks in Addison is a good steak place.

Edit. Most of the steak places are open til 10 on weeknights. If you are actually landing at DFW at 830, you may be looking for a Waffle House.

Hopefully my flight is a bit early but I doubt it. But it is what it is, at least I get to go someplace warm for a bit on the company dime. And I will find a bar nearby before I try a Waffle House..... xbeerchugx Appreciate all the suggestions.

cx500d
February 20th, 2018, 05:56 PM
Hopefully my flight is a bit early but I doubt it. But it is what it is, at least I get to go someplace warm for a bit on the company dime. And I will find a bar nearby before I try a Waffle House..... xbeerchugx Appreciate all the suggestions.

Bring your rain gear...rain all week, and it is pouring now....flash flooding

Winterborn
February 20th, 2018, 09:25 PM

Now that sounds more like the kind of luck I typically have. But it beats the cold and snow.

cx500d
February 20th, 2018, 11:46 PM
Now that sounds more like the kind of luck I typically have. But it beats the cold and snow.

Going from 70's today to 30's by sunrise...

Bisonoline
February 21st, 2018, 12:03 AM

Fork needs the rain now before the spawn.

Winterborn
February 21st, 2018, 08:55 AM
Going from 70's today to 30's by sunrise...

That's a heat wave! Was -3°F here when I woke up this morning.

cx500d
February 21st, 2018, 01:43 PM
That's a heat wave! Was -3°F here when I woke up this morning.

When are you going to be in town?

Bisonoline
February 21st, 2018, 01:50 PM
Dont forget Papadeauxs and Nates Seafood and Steak House. Both have cajun dishes.

Papadeauxs has soft shell crap, lobster roll and boudin apps. Nates has fresh crawfish

BadlandsGrizFan
February 22nd, 2018, 01:12 PM
That menu does look good! Any recommendations? I will eat anything once. :D

Its crawfish season...so you gotta go with those, and get some gumbo.

BadlandsGrizFan
February 22nd, 2018, 01:13 PM
Dont forget Papadeauxs and Nates Seafood and Steak House. Both have cajun dishes.

Papadeauxs has soft shell crap, lobster roll and boudin apps. Nates has fresh crawfish

Nates is awesome, and the vibe is great...but I'm telling you, the crawfish at Crabstation actually tops Nates.......which is kinda weird since its ran by an Asian family....both businesses come from Louisiana tho.

Winterborn
February 22nd, 2018, 01:33 PM
When are you going to be in town?

I am in town through tomorrow morning.

Nates is awesome, and the vibe is great...but I'm telling you, the crawfish at Crabstation actually tops Nates.......which is kinda weird since its ran by an Asian family....both businesses come from Louisiana tho.

That is what I found out when I walked in last night. Almost thought I was in the wrong spot. :DUnfortunately their hours changed and they are only open till 10pm on weekdays.

Bisonoline
February 22nd, 2018, 01:43 PM

I looked at there menu and what the heck is a Crab pan roast? They had a bunch of other stuff with the pan roast thing also?

cx500d
February 22nd, 2018, 04:59 PM
I am in town through tomorrow morning.

That is what I found out when I walked in last night. Almost thought I was in the wrong spot. :DUnfortunately their hours changed and they are only open till 10pm on weekdays.

Oh damn, that’s quick. I would have met up with you with a little more time.

Winterborn
February 22nd, 2018, 05:09 PM
Oh damn, that’s quick. I would have met up with you with a little more time.

I would of been up for that. xthumbsupx Coworker caught some bug and I was told to take his place last minute.

BadlandsGrizFan
February 23rd, 2018, 08:49 AM
I looked at there menu and what the heck is a Crab pan roast? They had a bunch of other stuff with the pan roast thing also?

So were you able to get anything?

Their steamed bags are awesome...just a bunch of awesome stuff thrown into a plastic bag and boiled.

Bisonoline
February 23rd, 2018, 03:41 PM

Their steamed bags are awesome...just a bunch of awesome stuff thrown into a plastic bag and boiled.

Pan roast is nothing more than a gumbo that is tomato based and has heavy creame added so its like a bisque--almost.
I had never heard of it but I guess its a common dish among families. Must be regional.

Winterborn
February 26th, 2018, 10:11 AM

Since my flights got screwed up, I had time to swing by the Crab Station. Got the sack number 1, with 2 lbs crawfish, 1 lb shrimp, 2 potato's, 1 cob of corn, 1 piece of sausage. Had the spicy seasoning, it wasn't the hottest one, like the next step down. The food was very good. Can't really rate it as I have never had crawfish before, but I would eat there again.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27186&stc=1

Bisonoline
February 26th, 2018, 01:44 PM
Since my flights got screwed up, I had time to swing by the Crab Station. Got the sack number 1, with 2 lbs crawfish, 1 lb shrimp, 2 potato's, 1 cob of corn, 1 piece of sausage. Had the spicy seasoning, it wasn't the hottest one, like the next step down. The food was very good. Can't really rate it as I have never had crawfish before, but I would eat there again.

Im leaving for TX Wed. Have a few stops along the way so should get there on Sat or Sun.

Cant wait for some fresh crawfish.

BadlandsGrizFan
February 26th, 2018, 02:48 PM

Love it, so fun fact. Crab Station does their Crawfish Viet-Cajun style.....which essentially means, the cook the crawfish the same way, only difference is that the spices and garlic butter are added at the end, and the crawfish is tossed in them. Traditional Louisiana crawfish are boiled in the spice/liquid and than tossed in the dry seasoning in the end.

I personally love both styles, the Cajun way generally are a little spicier, the viet-cajun style is generally more widely appreciated by people that dont eat a lot of crawfish.

No you have to tell me, did you suck the juice out of the head??? Its the best part!

- - - Updated - - -

Love it, so fun fact. Crab Station does their Crawfish Viet-Cajun style.....which essentially means, the cook the crawfish the same way, only difference is that the spices and garlic butter are added at the end, and the crawfish is tossed in them. Traditional Louisiana crawfish are boiled in the spice/liquid and than tossed in the dry seasoning in the end.

I personally love both styles, the Cajun way generally are a little spicier, the viet-cajun style is generally more widely appreciated by people that dont eat a lot of crawfish.

No you have to tell me, did you suck the juice out of the head??? Its the best part!

Winterborn
February 26th, 2018, 03:08 PM

Every single one. xthumbsupx Next time I am in the South I will have to try the traditional way, I like things with heat. I will say it does take a bit to get the hang of getting all the meat out in one motion.

BadlandsGrizFan
February 27th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Every single one. xthumbsupx Next time I am in the South I will have to try the traditional way, I like things with heat. I will say it does take a bit to get the hang of getting all the meat out in one motion.

Ya I hear ya, it does take a while, I usually peel off the first ring of the tail shell, than just squeeze from the very back end of tail and the whole thing comes out....i think I could eat 500 of those little guys. Also, hope you used the gloves, theyre actually a huge help lol...

Winterborn
February 27th, 2018, 06:33 PM
Ya I hear ya, it does take a while, I usually peel off the first ring of the tail shell, than just squeeze from the very back end of tail and the whole thing comes out....i think I could eat 500 of those little guys. Also, hope you used the gloves, theyre actually a huge help lol...

Nope. I went in bare handed. :D Your process is pretty much what I did. They gave us some gloves but they were only a large and I usually take an XL, so I never bothered. Only part that I had difficulty with was finding the right place to squeeze. But after a few I figured it out. Would love to get them again, but unfortunately can't get them this far North.

BadlandsGrizFan
February 28th, 2018, 11:24 AM
Nope. I went in bare handed. :D Your process is pretty much what I did. They gave us some gloves but they were only a large and I usually take an XL, so I never bothered. Only part that I had difficulty with was finding the right place to squeeze. But after a few I figured it out. Would love to get them again, but unfortunately can't get them this far North.

Well you came down here during the perfect time....crawfish season just began this month.

Bisonoline
February 28th, 2018, 01:30 PM
Well you came down here during the perfect time....crawfish season just began this month.

Where are you at?

BadlandsGrizFan
March 1st, 2018, 09:21 AM
Where are you at?

I live in north Dallas, work in Frisco.