PDA

View Full Version : FCS NC : NDSU vs JMU

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 06:51 PM
2017 NCAA Division I Football Championship will be at 12:00 AM ET on Saturday, January 6 2018

Serpentor
December 16th, 2017, 06:55 PM
Awful presumptuous to put this up when there were still a few seconds left in the game...

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 06:55 PM
Awful presumptuous to put this up when there were still a few seconds left in the game...

My bad.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 16th, 2017, 06:56 PM
*2017 FCS National Championship

- - - Updated - - -

Which reminds me, the JMU fan who got a 2017 FCS National Championship tattoo last year might end up having a factually correct tattoo now.

Serpentor
December 16th, 2017, 06:57 PM
My bad.

xthumbsupx

Bisonator
December 16th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Should be a great game!

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2017, 06:59 PM
JMU by 4 scores.

cx500d
December 16th, 2017, 07:00 PM
JMU by 4 scores.

You realize that tactic didn't work out for the jackrabbits, right?

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 07:01 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Which reminds me, the JMU fan who got a 2017 FCS National Championship tattoo last year might end up having a factually correct tattoo now.

Fixed it.

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2017, 07:01 PM

Who said it was a tactic?

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 07:03 PM
I think the Bison are slight underdogs with the corners out. Heavy if JMU can exploit it.

cx500d
December 16th, 2017, 07:03 PM

Well, I for one aren't cocky about this one. That JMU D is for real. The offense has some great playmakers too.

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Well, I for one aren't cocky about this one. That JMU D is for real. The offense has some great playmakers too.

They're the better team. NDSU missing their starting corners is icing on that cake.

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 07:06 PM
If Stick can have a game without turnovers NDSU has a chance. The other problem is the JMU defensive backfield. Plus they run a lot of blitz packages. 1st time in a really long time NDSU has a defense that might not be the best on the field, but an offense that is clicking on all cylinders.

Bison56
December 16th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Too many injuries in the secondary for NDSU, JMU should be able to throw at will.

cx500d
December 16th, 2017, 07:07 PM
They're the better team. NDSU missing their starting corners is icing on that cake.

Yeah, I tend to agree.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 16th, 2017, 07:10 PM
NDSU isn't the only team suffering from injuries .

I think the count is 2 starting lineman out for the year. Another that I suspect is out for the year.
Our leading rusher (Cardon Johnson) out for the year
1 DB out for the year that was borderline starting/2 deep (Charles Tutt)
Our 2 or three deep tight end out for the year (Nick Carlton)

1 WR was out this game (John Miller)
1 starting DB out in this game (Curtis Oliver)

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 07:11 PM
NDSU isn't the only team suffering from injuries .

I think the count is 2 starting lineman out for the year. Another that I suspect is out for the year.
Our leading rusher (Cardon Johnson) out for the year
1 DB out for the year that was borderline starting/2 deep (Charles Tutt)
Our 2 or three deep tight end out for the year (Nick Carlton)

1 WR was out this game (John Miller)
1 starting DB out in this game (Curtis Oliver)

I think we have 11 players out. 6 starters included.

cx500d
December 16th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Aren't we down to only two RB's now? Are they going to pull some more redshirts?

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Aren't we down to only two RB's now? Are they going to pull some more redshirts?

I might have seen on Bisonville that 1 might be coming back. But, yes down to 2 RB's.

Henny
December 16th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Note to Bizon Staff If you want to win in three weeks, go back to week five and watch how the Delaware D played JMU

Note to Bizon Staff If you want to win in three weeks, go back to week five and watch how the Delaware D played JMU

I hope that was clear

cx500d
December 16th, 2017, 07:15 PM

I hope that was clear

Try foot stomping

saxbison
December 16th, 2017, 07:18 PM
I might have seen on Bisonville that 1 might be coming back. But, yes down to 2 RB's.

This morning on Kolpack and Izzo, Klieman said they will probably have Cofield back.

BisonTru
December 16th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Is it flooding in Frisco? Lots of sandbagging.

NDSU rolls!

3-2 4 OTs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMUNJ08
December 16th, 2017, 07:27 PM

NDSU rolls!

3-2 4 OTs

That's not even a realistic score in 4 OTs...

mmiller_34
December 16th, 2017, 07:30 PM

Yeah, I wasn’t really sandbagging though.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2017, 07:31 PM
Haha, it is possible although very unlikely. The old intercepting team in OT runs it out of the endzone and then goes back in to get tackled for a safety after kicking a FG in their OT possession.

Bison56
December 16th, 2017, 07:33 PM

NDSU rolls!

3-2 4 OTs

how do they get the 1 point?xchinscratchx

Schism55
December 16th, 2017, 07:36 PM
how do they get the 1 point?xchinscratchx
CFL rules for this game!

Ivytalk
December 16th, 2017, 07:40 PM
I’m going with the Bison by 7 in the Revenge Classic.

cx500d
December 16th, 2017, 07:42 PM

NDSU rolls!

3-2 4 OTs

Its raining tonight

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2017, 07:53 PM
I don't know when the last time was that NDSU played an FCS team with a better defense than they have but that's arguably the case in Frisco. That said I think NDSU's offense is better than JMU but Stick needs to be on his game not only throwing it but running it. If ends up "Christioning" for even a few drives this will be a very hard game for NDSU to win.

I'm cautiously optimistic about NDSU's secondary even with injuries to their top two corners. The young corners held up well against SHSU's high octane passing game and they have two 1st team All-MVFC safeties back there also. I think this game will be similar to the 2011 natty between NDSU and SHSU where the defenses dominated. I don't think either team can be comfortably favored but I'd expect NDSU to be a 3 or 4 point favorite.

I'm a homer so my prediction is obvious but here's to a good game that showcases the best the FCS has to offer.

BisonTru
December 16th, 2017, 08:01 PM

Haha, it is possible although very unlikely. The old intercepting team in OT runs it out of the endzone and then goes back in to get tackled for a safety after kicking a FG in their OT possession.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171217/4a1e9798f382a6af61c625c9184d72c7.jpg

veinup
December 16th, 2017, 08:05 PM
as long as this ****ing thing ends with a 10 point or under score difference i'll be fine.

Da Herd
December 16th, 2017, 08:20 PM
Don't feel strongly about this one.. Dukes gotta be favorites but I don't feel it's out of reach for the bison.

Christiank22
December 16th, 2017, 08:21 PM
For some reason I'm not nervous at all. I really just don't see JMU winning this one in Frisco

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Gangtackle11
December 16th, 2017, 08:23 PM
Excited about this matchup. Teams are 1 & 1A of the FCS. The rest of the FCS never had a chance.

cx500d
December 16th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Excited about this matchup. Teams are 1 & 1A of the FCS. The rest of the FCS never had a chance.

Thats BS, all it takes is one bad day.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Thats BS, all it takes is one bad day.
Yep, all this talk about how NDSU and JMU just waltzed to Frisco is really starting to bug me. It's a disservice to the players and staff on those team to act like they didn't have to work just as hard or harder than any other team in the country to get to where they're at. Like I said in another thread you don't get better as a player or a team by consistently playing opponents that you're better than. You get better by playing opponents that are as good or better than you. NDSU and JMU deserve credit for setting and maintaining the level at which excellence is measured in the FCS and it's up to the rest of the FCS programs out there to meet or exceed that level.

And I also think there's plenty of other FCS programs out there that, on any given Saturday, are a lot closer to that level than most seem to think.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 16th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Weber definitely had a chance

POD Knows
December 16th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Thats BS, all it takes is one bad day.Yep, JMU could have easily lost to Weber State, and then we would be talking about the beating that SDSU put on Weber State at home.

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Weber definitely had a chance

Weber wins that game in the situation JMU was late in the 4th 8 out of 10 times. Everything went right for JMU.

ngineer
December 16th, 2017, 09:07 PM
Too many injuries in the secondary for NDSU, JMU should be able to throw at will.

Bison need to make adjustments to get a great pass rush. Key to any passing game is sufficient time for receivers to get open. I was very impressed with Bison offense. If defensive front can step it up, they have a shot. Still have to give odds to Dukes, but I'm looking forward to a good 'slobberknocker'!

cx500d
December 16th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Bison need to make adjustments to get a great pass rush. Key to any passing game is sufficient time for receivers to get open. I was very impressed with Bison offense. If defensive front can step it up, they have a shot. Still have to give odds to Dukes, but I'm looking forward to a good 'slobberknocker'!

Thats a concern, because we didn't pressure Briscoe much...That was a SHSU bright spot I thought, was their o-line.

JayMYou
December 16th, 2017, 09:23 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUOxfaKvRbK1CQLXUY/giphy.gif

JayMYou
December 16th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Yep, JMU could have easily lost to Weber State, and then we would be talking about the beating that SDSU put on Weber State at home.

Let me get this straight- Weber could have easily beat JMU, yet gone on to take a beating from SDSU? Cause, just like NDSU, SDSU just doesn't lose at home in the playoffs?

JayMYou
December 16th, 2017, 09:41 PM
Weber wins that game in the situation JMU was late in the 4th 8 out of 10 times. Everything went right for JMU.

I'd say Weber is up on JMU in the 4th in 1 out of 10 games at best, and everything went right for Weber for most of the game. Unless you think Weber is that much better than an SDSU team that beat the Bison?

centennial
December 16th, 2017, 09:47 PM
I'd say Weber is up on JMU in the 4th in 1 out of 10 games at best, and everything went right for Weber for most of the game. Unless you think Weber is that much better than an SDSU team that beat the Bison?

What are you talking about? I am just saying both teams got their breaks.

katss07
December 16th, 2017, 10:02 PM
I’ll take the Bison. Should be a fight between two good defenses, but I think I’ll give the edge to Bruuuuce and the NDSU offense. Seems like the whole season this is what we were building up to. Bison win a close one. Should be a fun game and good luck to both teams. It will be a long couple of weeks!!

Lorne_Malvo
December 16th, 2017, 10:31 PM
Dom Izzo‏ @DomIzzoWDAY (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY) 3h3 hours ago (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/942200746560368640)

#JMU (https://twitter.com/hashtag/JMU?src=hash) will be the home team and on the far sideline, #NDSU (https://twitter.com/hashtag/NDSU?src=hash) will be on the sideline close to the press box.

JayMYou
December 16th, 2017, 10:47 PM
What are you talking about? I am just saying both teams got their breaks.

When you state "everything went right for JMU" it sounded to me like you're saying JMU barely won that game due to luck. Or are you referring to the end of the 4th quarter? Because again, I feel that JMU mostly played a horrible game and Weber had far more go right than JMU.

JMU's offense has been off much of this year, injuries have caused some young players to step up with mixed results. Today was the first game in a while where the offense clicked and executed consistently. There was far less of that against Weber, until the end of the 4th quarter.

That gives me hope against NDSU. I don't foresee JMU's defense lapsing again like they did against Weber State, but if the offense (especially the o line) can build upon today's effort it will be a competitive game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2017, 11:11 PM
When you state "everything went right for JMU" it sounded to me like you're saying JMU barely won that game due to luck. Or are you referring to the end of the 4th quarter? Because again, I feel that JMU mostly played a horrible game and Weber had far more go right than JMU.

JMU's offense has been off much of this year, injuries have caused some young players to step up with mixed results. Today was the first game in a while where the offense clicked and executed consistently. There was far less of that against Weber, until the end of the 4th quarter.

That gives me hope against NDSU. I don't foresee JMU's defense lapsing again like they did against Weber State, but if the offense (especially the o line) can build upon today's effort it will be a competitive game.

I don't read too much into the Weber State game either. To me that was the perfect storm for JMU to have their "moment of truth" in this two year run. If you watch March Madness especially there's always that one game that a Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina etc. has to "survive" in order to keep rolling along. For JMU it took nearly two years worth of playoff games for them to have it. The Wildcats were that team which could match JMU physically in the trenches and make big momentum plays to push the Dukes to the brink. But when the chips were down the Dukes championship mettle and overall pedigree won out. And is often the case, the superior team found their stride and rolled in their next game.

These two were destined to meet. It's like Alabama and Clemson right now in FBS....

FUGameBreaker
December 17th, 2017, 12:04 AM
Hey guys some quick questions from my curiosity, I remember Frisco stadium being under construction last year during the title game, is this still the case or have they completed that part of the renovation?
I know that there was no endzone seating last year from the construction, are there seats available in the endzone now? Also anyone know what the sellout capacity is of the stadium in Frisco now?
Thanks

UNHWildcat18
December 17th, 2017, 01:16 AM
CAA vs MVFC, best two teams from the best two conferences. wouldn't have it any other way!

th0m
December 17th, 2017, 04:52 AM
Hey guys some quick questions from my curiosity, I remember Frisco stadium being under construction last year during the title game, is this still the case or have they completed that part of the renovation?
I know that there was no endzone seating last year from the construction, are there seats available in the endzone now? Also anyone know what the sellout capacity is of the stadium in Frisco now?
Thanks

There are seats available in the endzone, not sure if all construction is completed, I think theyre building a soccer HOF there.

Gangtackle11
December 17th, 2017, 05:40 AM

I hope that was clear

If you want to know how to beat the “vaunted” Delaware Defense watch the Villanova game. Pick 11 of the last 12 if you want variety. Sorry, but I had to take this shot at our once close rival. xcoffeex

Now back to what is the game I’ve been waiting for since the playoff teams were announced. Should be a great game. xpeacex

GoDukes11
December 17th, 2017, 07:28 AM
This is not true. JMU designated sections are 103-109.

Dom Izzo‏ @DomIzzoWDAY (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY) 3h3 hours ago (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/942200746560368640)

#JMU (https://twitter.com/hashtag/JMU?src=hash) will be the home team and on the far sideline, #NDSU (https://twitter.com/hashtag/NDSU?src=hash) will be on the sideline close to the press box.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2017, 07:36 AM
This is not true. JMU designated sections are 103-109.

We'll see. These guys usually have their facts straight.

Tribe4SF
December 17th, 2017, 08:08 AM
Game will likely be determined by turnovers. Ignored by most is the fact that JMU beat Stony Brook with five interceptions. They have had 12 in three playoff games, and have gained 43 turnovers this year, while NDSU has gained 33 turnovers. Two QBs who do a good job of protecting the ball. Effective pressure will be key. Gonna be interesting.

th0m
December 17th, 2017, 08:17 AM
There's no doubt that the JMU DBs are ballhawks. It kind of hurt them against Weber as they seemed to be more focused on the pick than on a stop/tackle/pbu, but they have adjusted that. That Weber game was really the best thing that could have happened for JMU.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2017, 08:24 AM

your Daddy....

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2017, 08:30 AM
Yep, all this talk about how NDSU and JMU just waltzed to Frisco is really starting to bug me. It's a disservice to the players and staff on those team to act like they didn't have to work just as hard or harder than any other team in the country to get to where they're at. Like I said in another thread you don't get better as a player or a team by consistently playing opponents that you're better than. You get better by playing opponents that are as good or better than you. NDSU and JMU deserve credit for setting and maintaining the level at which excellence is measured in the FCS and it's up to the rest of the FCS programs out there to meet or exceed that level.

And I also think there's plenty of other FCS programs out there that, on any given Saturday, are a lot closer to that level than most seem to think.

Yep, me too because JMU actually had to play a few good teams on the way, the Bison not so much.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Everyone's favorite computer ratings systems are updated and Sagarin has NDSU as roughly a 3 point favorite while Massey has them favored by 1.5 points.

POD Knows
December 17th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Yep, me too because JMU actually had to play a few good teams on the way, the Bison not so much.NDSU beat two seeded teams to get there, JMU didn't. Based on polls going into the tourney, we had the toughest road, that is a fact, now, did both Wofford or SHSU under perform, maybe, maybe not, maybe we were just that much better and maybe we would have boat raced every team in JMU's bracket by 40 as well. JMU was lucky to beat a very average Weber State team

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2017, 08:47 AM
NDSU beat two seeded teams to get there, JMU didn't. Based on polls going into the tourney, we had the toughest road, that is a fact, now, did both Wofford or SHSU under perform, maybe, maybe not, maybe we were just that much better and maybe we would have boat raced every team in JMU's bracket by 40 as well. JMU was lucky to beat a very average Weber State team

you beat 2 seeded teams? Monsanto seeds? just kidding..

I think the Bison are just that much better than the FCS field

Webber was in that game for a reason vs JMU, They are pretty good

Gangtackle11
December 17th, 2017, 09:02 AM
NDSU beat two seeded teams to get there, JMU didn't. Based on polls going into the tourney, we had the toughest road, that is a fact, now, did both Wofford or SHSU under perform, maybe, maybe not, maybe we were just that much better and maybe we would have boat raced every team in JMU's bracket by 40 as well. JMU was lucky to beat a very average Weber State team

This is your post from the other forum:

“NDSU had 5 turnovers in that game and lost by 2 scores at SDSU. **** can happen to anyone.”

The same SDSU that is licking their massive wounds in historic Harrisonburg?

But JMU couldn’t have had a bad game vs. Weber?

Holy double standard!!

PS: Weber was a solid team. Not sure NDSU would have boat raced them.

POD Knows
December 17th, 2017, 09:13 AM
you beat 2 seeded teams? Monsanto seeds? just kidding..

I think the Bison are just that much better than the FCS field

Webber was in that game for a reason vs JMU, They are pretty goodThey were pretty good, so was Wofford and SHSU if you believe polls, just because we smoked both of them doesn't mean they weren't good teams, we would have smoked Weber State as well, or not, who knows. You can't discount our side of the bracket, we beat 2 seeded teams and JMU didn't, but I was happy with our draw, it worked out well.

TennBison
December 17th, 2017, 09:28 AM

“NDSU had 5 turnovers in that game and lost by 2 scores at SDSU. **** can happen to anyone.”

Holy double standard!!

A solid team against who? You were the one who said that JMU was going to choke them out slow and methodically to the tune of a 28-7 win. So even you have a double standard. Solid teams don't get methodically choked out (as you said).

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2017, 09:46 AM
They were pretty good, so was Wofford and SHSU if you believe polls, just because we smoked both of them doesn't mean they weren't good teams, we would have smoked Weber State as well, or not, who knows. You can't discount our side of the bracket, we beat 2 seeded teams and JMU didn't, but I was happy with our draw, it worked out well.

Wofford and SHSU would of been a great game.... two great FCS teams....edge Wofford

Don't forget Stony Brook played JMU a lot tougher than SDSU....

Weber State beats SDSU...

We got the forgone conclusion match up most everyone wanted so the road they took to get here doesn't mean a thing really

POD Knows
December 17th, 2017, 09:48 AM

Holy double standard!!

JMU absolutely could have had a bad game against Weber, I am just getting a little tired of the "bracket" strength BS, it is a fact that NDSU beat 2 seeded teams to get to Frisco and JMU did not and this conversation about the cakewalk NDSU had to get there is not based on any real facts. How do you know that JMU would have blasted all of the teams that NDSU beat in the playoffs, you don't.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2017, 09:48 AM
Was there any postgame chatter from JMU on the extent of the injuries to Alls and Sharpe?

KPSUL
December 17th, 2017, 09:58 AM
JMU by 4 scores.

28 -24; JMU blocks two PATs, NDSU fails on two 2-point conversions.

th0m
December 17th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Was there any postgame chatter from JMU on the extent of the injuries to Alls and Sharpe?

Have not heard anything. Houston is very tight lipped on injury status so I doubt we will have anything meaningful until the teams line up. I think both were just shook up though, Alls had some reps after his knock, not sure about Sharpe. Either way, as good as they are, they are not irreplaceable. Don't get me wrong, they are huge playmakers, but so are their backups. Alls didnt play in last years NC.

Gangtackle11
December 17th, 2017, 10:03 AM
A solid team against who? You were the one who said that JMU was going to choke them out slow and methodically to the tune of a 28-7 win. So even you have a double standard. Solid teams don't get methodically choked out (as you said).

Well if Weber State isn’t a solid team then you certainly can’t put SDSU in a better category or can you? Had the winner not the score.

I also had JMU in a close game vs. SDSU. Wrong again.

Hmmm....I made a prediction. I must be the 1st guy ever to make one that was a little off?

Weak argument. Try again.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2017, 10:04 AM
JMU absolutely could have had a bad game against Weber, I am just getting a little tired of the "bracket" strength BS, it is a fact that NDSU beat 2 seeded teams to get to Frisco and JMU did not and this conversation about the cakewalk NDSU had to get there is not based on any real facts. How do you know that JMU would have blasted all of the teams that NDSU beat in the playoffs, you don't.

no it's based on the eye test

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 17th, 2017, 10:04 AM
JMU by 4 scores.They won't score 4 times

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2017, 10:08 AM
Have not heard anything. Houston is very tight lipped on injury status so I doubt we will have anything meaningful until the teams line up. I think both were just shook up though, Alls had some reps after his knock, not sure about Sharpe. Either way, as good as they are, they are not irreplaceable. Don't get me wrong, they are huge playmakers, but so are their backups. Alls didnt play in last years NC.
The less injuries the better in a game like this. We'll find out more today or tomorrow but sounds like NDSU's top 2 CBs and backup RB are out after getting injured against SHSU.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2017, 10:10 AM
The less injuries the better in a game like this. We'll find out more today or tomorrow but sounds like NDSU's top 2 CBs and backup RB are out after getting injured against SHSU.

injuries suck! the Bison RB is not #8 is it?

POD Knows
December 17th, 2017, 10:11 AM
no it's based on the eye testWell, lets see, JMU beat SB by three TD's so SB must suck, close game with unseeded Weber State and blew out SDSU, yea, the Weber State game tips the "toughness" scale to JMU in the playoff run, JFC. OK, I surrender.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Well, lets see, JMU beat SB by three TD's so SB must suck, close game with unseeded Weber State and blew out SDSU, yea, the Weber State game tips the "toughness" scale to JMU in the playoff run, JFC. OK, I surrender.

No, hell no, don't surrender yet, we still have three more weeks of this ****.....haha

I actually thought that JMU playing a good Weber team was going to help them to prepare for a good South Dak State team and posted it as well....

"I think JMU will benefit some for playing Weber State because Weber had some good skill at the skill positions and exposed JMU's # 1 rated Defense by hitting on some big plays. #87 for Weber was a stud and #4 showed his speed. This should allow JMU staff to shore things up a bit going into the South Dakota State game."

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2017, 10:25 AM
injuries suck! the Bison RB is not #8 is it?
No, #28 Ty Brooks. He has arguably been their best RB this year and, prior to SHSU game, had been doing more with less carries than the starter Bruce Anderson (#8) has. On the season Brooks is averaging 9.2 yards per carry (76 rushes for 700 yards). He hurt a shoulder on a 50 yard run against SHSU and the prognosis immediately after the game from Coach Klieman did not sound promising for his chances to play in Frisco.

POD Knows
December 17th, 2017, 10:28 AM
No, hell no, don't surrender yet, we still have three more weeks of this ****.....haha

I actually thought that JMU playing a good Weber team was going to help them to prepare for a good South Dak State team and posted it as well....

"I think JMU will benefit some for playing Weber State because Weber had some good skill at the skill positions and exposed JMU's # 1 rated Defense by hitting on some big plays. #87 for Weber was a stud and #4 showed his speed. This should allow JMU staff to shore things up a bit going into the South Dakota State game."Jesus, three week of this, I don't know. The tight end for Weber is a good player but I was completely unimpressed with their QB play. Their D was pretty good but I have no idea if they would beat SHSU or Wofford, nobody does. Just because they showed up for JMU or JMU was off there game a little bit, that doesn't mean that Weber State rolls SHSU or Wofford.

centennial
December 17th, 2017, 11:01 AM
I think JMU had a really bad game against Weber.
SDSU had a really bad game against JMU.

It's hard to judge a team by 1 game. As an example WIU. WIU lost to Weber by 2. But lost to SDSU by 28. Do you vote for WIU as #4 and SDSU as #5 because of how they played Weber and JMU? It's kind of absurd.

Personally, I don't understand how good JMU really is. Almost blew it against Weber. Had close games against Richmond and Delaware. Still consider them slight favorites but JMU can play down, or be inconsistent.

jmu007
December 17th, 2017, 11:01 AM
All I can say for Weber St. is that last night after the win over SDSU, Head Coach Mike Houston was still raving about how tough they were. I'll go with that guy's take. They'll be 3rd in my end of season poll.

katss07
December 17th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Weber is my 4 behind ACU.

Serpentor
December 17th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Weber is my 4 behind ACU.

I'm sure Abilene Christian appreciates your confidence in them... xdrunkyx

TennBison
December 17th, 2017, 11:25 AM
Well if Weber State isn’t a solid team then you certainly can’t put SDSU in a better category or can you? Had the winner not the score.

I also had JMU in a close game vs. SDSU. Wrong again.

Hmmm....I made a prediction. I must be the 1st guy ever to make one that was a little off?

Weak argument. Try again.
Being wrong on SDSU was not the point, you got on that one poster for having a double standard, when you had a double standard yourself.

NDSUtk
December 17th, 2017, 11:33 AM
Weber is my 4 behind ACU.They are dangerous!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TennBison
December 17th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Unless something changes during the next couple weeks I have to give JMU the edge in this game. Injuries just keep piling up for the Bison as we have lost 3 more starters. The backups did fill in very nicely though against SHSU. I don't see this being more than a one score victory for whatever team wins. JMU has been playing solid football all year, close games or not, the best teams find ways to win even when not playing their best.
That being said, NDSU does have a knack for overcoming odds stacked against them or pulling out a win in a game they are losing, not always, but quite often. Outside of the injuries, all the other factors involved, NDSU has a give and take with JMU in stats that seem to be fairly even. I look for a knock down drag out fight of a game with a one score victory. As a NDSU fan I could not ask for a better game, #1 vs #2 with a chance at redemption for last year. I give the edge to JMU, but I think NDSU pulls out or hangs on to win 27-24.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2017, 12:37 PM
I think JMU had a really bad game against Weber.
SDSU had a really bad game against JMU.

It's hard to judge a team by 1 game. As an example WIU. WIU lost to Weber by 2. But lost to SDSU by 28. Do you vote for WIU as #4 and SDSU as #5 because of how they played Weber and JMU? It's kind of absurd.

Personally, I don't understand how good JMU really is. Almost blew it against Weber. Had close games against Richmond and Delaware. Still consider them slight favorites but JMU can play down, or be inconsistent.
FWIW SDSU did hold JMU to almost 100 less total yards then Weber gave up to them. Hard to put up yards though when the offense keeps taking over on short fields due to turnovers, haha.

NDSUtk
December 17th, 2017, 01:06 PM
I'm excited for the rematch. Obviously the Bison have the revenge factor in their minds, but is that enough?

JMU defense is better than last year's. They force a lot of turnovers (I believe 33 before yesterday's free for all). They sure seem to be speedy! However, it appears JMU's offense is down from last year - although they have looked good in the playoffs. But look at yesterday's first quarter 5 TO's and you walk away with 14 points. The Georgia Tech transfer is looking solid as the playoffs have unfolded. Will be important for NDSU to restrict his explosive plays which put the nail in the coffin yesterday at the start of the third quarter.

As for NDSU, the defense is also better this year in my opinion. Our LBs are stronger than last year. They are smart and close quickly. We will need them to play solid gap containment. The line doesn't have the one destroyer since we lost Menard in the preseason, however, the depth is significant as we rotate so many guys. They will need to play solid and get some pressure on Schor. However the loss of our 2 starting CBs Friday could be very problematic. Fortunately with the extra prep time, we can do some heavy coaching up and compensate as best we can.

From an offense side, NDSU also are better. We didn't lose much to graduation. If Brooks comes back, we will have 3 stud RBs with different styles. I've seen conflicting info on how serious his injury was. I'm hoping for the best as he is that fast game changer RB whereas Bruce is your power guy. Wilson sits between the two with great pass catching ability.

I think the Bison pull this one out 28-21. The difference for NDSU this year is the new offensive coordinator. If we are in 3rd and 7, we won't run the screen or 2 yard deep route this year, nor the jet sweep to the short side of the field. Polasek's game calling last year left a lot to be desired and I think this year, NDSU calls a better offensive game which gives us the win!

Can't wait for Frisco!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

JMad03
December 17th, 2017, 01:29 PM
Motivation is not a factor in this game. It's not reasonable for either team to say they have more motivation than the other. It's the National Championship! Sure the Bison want revenge, but JMU wants to repeat and keep their winning streak alive.
I'm not going to say JMU has more or less motivation than NDSU, because that's just ridiculous. Both teams are going to be equally ready for this game. Both teams aren't over- or under-estimating the other. You don't get to be #1 or #2 that way.
I'm looking forward to this matchup. ESPN has gotta be licking their chops over this matchup. I've gotta think the ratings should be very good. This could easily beat the ratings for a large portion of the meaningless bowl games. This game means something and both teams can easily win this.
This game should be one to remember. This one will be decided late in the game. Hoping my Dukes pull out the W but wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it went the other way.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Motivation is not a factor in this game. It's not reasonable for either team to say they have more motivation than the other. It's the National Championship! Sure the Bison want revenge, but JMU wants to repeat and keep their winning streak alive.
I'm not going to say JMU has more or less motivation than NDSU, because that's just ridiculous. Both teams are going to be equally ready for this game. Both teams aren't over- or under-estimating the other. You don't get to be #1 or #2 that way.
I'm looking forward to this matchup. ESPN has gotta be licking their chops over this matchup. I've gotta think the ratings should be very good. This could easily beat the ratings for a large portion of the meaningless bowl games. This game means something and both teams can easily win this.
This game should be one to remember. This one will be decided late in the game. Hoping my Dukes pull out the W but wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it went the other way.
Sadly, this game will likely be lower rated than most bowl games due to the simple fact that ESPN puts all the bowl games they can on the big network and it's tough for anything on ESPN2 to beat something on ESPN ratings wise. There was a graphic on here a few years back that showed all the bowl ratings and the FCS Natty beat almost all bowl games on ESPN2 or lower but didn't beat any on ESPN IIRC.

Hoboken Dukes
December 17th, 2017, 02:19 PM
I don't know when the last time was that NDSU played an FCS team with a better defense than they have but that's arguably the case in Frisco.

How quickly people forget last years semi’s

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2017, 02:21 PM
How quickly people forget last years semi’s
Easy to say that in hindsight. Going into the game NDSU's defense was better by almost every objective measure you could find. I recall JMU's run defense being very average statistically last year going into that game but to their credit they controlled the NDSU rushing attack. That's why that game wasn't played on a stat sheet and neither will this one.

Christiank22
December 17th, 2017, 02:33 PM
How quickly people forget last years semi’sNDSUs defense was better, what's there to forget?

JayMYou
December 17th, 2017, 03:24 PM
They won't score 4 times

Alphagiz and his common-law wife.

https://i.imgur.com/iYsmslo.gif

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2017, 03:36 PM

Sounds like someone is jealous xlolx

cx500d
December 17th, 2017, 03:52 PM

That's my ex....Check my avatar

AshevilleApp2
December 17th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Excellent matchup! They are pretty clearly the best two teams, and have seemed that way all season.

centennial
December 17th, 2017, 06:06 PM
NCAA banned steamers. What will JMU fans throw at the NDSU bench?

http://www.ncaa.com/championships/football/fcs/venue-info

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2017, 06:38 PM

I bet that's one of those rules they don't really enforce like the rule about the PA guy being impartial. I'd assume that was technically a rule in the preliminary rounds also and the NCAA reps at the JMU games obviously didn't care.

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2017, 06:41 PM
I bet that's one of those rules they don't really enforce like the rule about the PA guy being impartial. I'd assume that was technically a rule in the preliminary rounds also and the NCAA reps at the JMU games obviously didn't care.

Personally I do not care, but all it will take is for one of those to hit a some angry drunk opposing fan or opposing player and it could get real fast.

cx500d
December 17th, 2017, 06:50 PM

They also have this rule.....

FIELD ACCESS POLICY
Stadium guests are not permitted access to the playing field at any time unless they have the appropriate credentials or tickets. Anyone entering the field without proper credentials is subject to removal from the stadium and arrest.

ming01
December 17th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Ndsu favored by 3 at 5Dimes. Total opened at 43

Lorne_Malvo
December 17th, 2017, 07:19 PM
They also have this rule.....

FIELD ACCESS POLICY
Stadium guests are not permitted access to the playing field at any time unless they have the appropriate credentials or tickets. Anyone entering the field without proper credentials is subject to removal from the stadium and arrest.

When the time clock reaches 0 it is no longer the "playing field".

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Ndsu favored by 3 at 5Dimes. Total opened at 43

This shocks me with both starting CBs and #2 (3/4 overall) RB out.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2017, 07:24 PM
This shocks me with both starting CBs and #2 (3/4 overall) RB out.
I doubt the oddsmakers there care much about injuries. It seems like they usually open the line about the same as the computer rankings project and then let the lines move as they may depending on where the money comes in.

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2017, 07:29 PM
I doubt the oddsmakers there care much about injuries. It seems like they usually open the line about the same as the computer rankings project and then let the lines move as they may depending on where the money comes in.

I get it since Vegas is in it to win it, but with only a -3 I could see some serious dollars coming in, in favor of JMU.

dewey
December 17th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Here is a post from the Bison Media Blog about the much anticipated National Championship game.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/the-game-the-fcs-needed/

Dewey

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2017, 07:56 PM
Here is a post from the Bison Media Blog about the much anticipated National Championship game.

Dewey
That's a good read!

https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-15-2015/SBVnHu.gif

jmu007
December 17th, 2017, 08:05 PM
Thanks for sharing. Got me pumped. Are we there yet?

dewey
December 17th, 2017, 08:12 PM
Hey when you JMU guys (or gals) find articles or videos about the game please post them up here.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2017, 08:14 PM

Dewey

xnodx

knit35
December 17th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Hey when you JMU guys (or gals) find articles or videos about the game please post them up here.

Dewey

Will do. Thanks for sharing. If you have twitter or can google Greg Madia is the beat writer for JMU and he links his articles and podcasts to his twitter. Will post but thought I’d share also.

Bison56
December 17th, 2017, 08:24 PM
Thanks for sharing. Got me pumped. Are we there yet?

26799need one of these

Redbird007
December 17th, 2017, 08:37 PM
Just voted in this poll. After some serious deliberation I did not know which team to pick. Really a tough pick. I eventually voted NDSU but did so with reservation. Felt better after looking at the poll results post voting as the tally was 52 for NDSU and 53 for JMU. I guess it makes sense to be uncertain in this one. Really hoping to watch a good game as other than the WIU vs Weber game, which I thought was an excellent game, all of the other playoff games I was able to watch or track were blowouts and uninteresting. Will be interesting to see if either team comes out with an aggressive plan or just sticks to their fundamentals.

dewey
December 17th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Here are two more articles about the much anticipated matchup.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2017/12/16/16785826/fcs-championship-game-2017-james-madison-north-dakota-state-date-location

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/title-clash-of-fcs-titans-james-madison-vs-north-dakota-state-121717%3famp=true

Dewey

jmu007
December 17th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Will do. Thanks for sharing. If you have twitter or can google Greg Madia is the beat writer for JMU and he links his articles and podcasts to his twitter. Will post but thought I’d share also.

Above mentioned, Greg Madia, posts most of his work to http://jamesmadison.rivals.com

Expect lots of updates and articles there leading up to Frisco. Normally releases a podcast every Thursday as well that includes a lot of player and coach interviews. I usually find it on Soundcloud by searching for "DN-R Sports"

dewey
December 17th, 2017, 09:11 PM
The Bison radio network will be having podcasts like crazy the next almost 3 weeks.

https://www.bison1660.com

Dewey

FargoBison
December 17th, 2017, 09:18 PM
FCS title game chat at the Bison Media Blog if anyone wants to join in...

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/fcs-sunday-night-live-chat-title-game-and-signing-day-preview/

LeadBolt
December 18th, 2017, 08:27 AM
I'm expecting a much more competitive game than either of the semi's. It should be entertaining.

jmufan999
December 18th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Alls didnt play in last years NC.

he also didn't play in Fargo last year.

i believe there is a good/decent chance we'll get Special Teams POY Miller back, also. injured his ankle against Stony Brook. if it's a high ankle sprain (no idea), should be a 4-6 week injury. clutch player and just gives a big boost to the WR corps if he can return.

dewey
December 18th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Has there been a title game with more story lines than this one?

1. Can James Madison defend their title and keep their 25 (?) game win streak going?
2. Can NDSU continue their dynasty with another title?

Certainly not in the NDSU run.

Dewey

dewey
December 18th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about James Madison's title window being open for a while from last February.

https://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2017/02/08/a-sleeping-giant-awakened-james-madisons-window-to-fcs-titles-might-be-open-awhile/

I am super excited for the game.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2017, 10:59 AM
NDSU wins this one IMO. Two very good defenses and efficient offenses. It will come down to turnovers/mistakes.

NDSU needs to pressure Schor and not sit back in their base defense. Make it miserable for him with pressure.

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2017, 11:03 AM
NDSU wins this one IMO. Two very good defenses and efficient offenses. It will come down to turnovers/mistakes.

NDSU needs to pressure Schor and not sit back in their base defense. Make it miserable for him with pressure.
Klieman said it on the coach's show yesterday and it's striking how the strategy is so similar between these two teams. They have differing offensive and defensive philosophies but the goals are the same. Run the ball, utilize play action, and take care of the ball on offense. Stop the run, pressure the QB, and force turnovers on defense. So the obvious outcome is whichever team can hold to they want to do the best will win.

One place where they differ is JMU's offensive pace, while not USD/SHSU speed, is much quicker than NDSU's. This year they've ran 100 more plays offensively than NDSU has despite averaging over 3 minutes less in TOP per game than NDSU does.

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2017, 01:34 PM
JMU fans about to be pissedddddd

https://twitter.com/ToyotaStadiumTX/status/942812410993430528

centennial
December 18th, 2017, 01:52 PM

Please bring them and get kicked out. It'll be a fun time.

BisonFanAnn
December 18th, 2017, 02:02 PM

I hope they are able to enforce that.

Bison56
December 18th, 2017, 02:15 PM

I will be surprised if it is enforced.

Hoboken Dukes
December 18th, 2017, 02:16 PM
NDSUs defense was better, what's there to forget?

False. JMU was adapting to first year coaching staff the beginning of last season, took some time. NDSU's defensive #'s were superior for the full season, not denying that. But from the Richmond game onward, the JMU defense was playing on another level (which has continued into this season's dominant performance).

When JMU went up to there last year and smacked the Bison around, it was clear which defense was superior.

BisonBacker
December 18th, 2017, 02:26 PM
https://herosports.com/fcs/football-championship-ndsu-fans-ready-frisco-reunion-bzbz

FargoBison
December 18th, 2017, 02:33 PM
NDSU's defense was not better than JMU's last year, not with Deluca and Tanguay out. Plus PGT was hobbled as well.

Our LB's got destroyed in that game, it will be a different story this year.

Schwarz04
December 18th, 2017, 02:37 PM
False. JMU was adapting to first year coaching staff the beginning of last season, took some time. NDSU's defensive #'s were superior for the full season, not denying that. But from the Richmond game onward, the JMU defense was playing on another level (which has continued into this season's dominant performance).

When JMU went up to there last year and smacked the Bison around, it was clear which defense was superior.

I see, so you're basically just cherry picking a section of the season that fits your narrative. We could do that too and go back to games where we had Tanguay and DeLuca and see how those games stack up.

Christiank22
December 18th, 2017, 02:49 PM

When JMU went up to there last year and smacked the Bison around, it was clear which defense was superior.I love how JMU cherry picks their stats and games and then acts like they've been dominant for years. It's pretty clear the biggest game of your guys history was beating NDSU last year.

cx500d
December 18th, 2017, 02:57 PM
I love how JMU cherry picks their stats and games and then acts like they've been dominant for years. It's pretty clear the biggest game of your guys history was beating NDSU last year.

Seriously what difference does it make? The man handled us, and until we return the favor they are top dog, no pun intended

mcveyrl
December 18th, 2017, 03:00 PM
I love how JMU cherry picks their stats and games and then acts like they've been dominant for years. It's pretty clear the biggest game of your guys history was beating NDSU last year.

It was big, but I’d put it behind the two NCs and the win over Tech.

TennBison
December 18th, 2017, 03:15 PM
NDSU's defense was not better than JMU's last year, not with Deluca and Tanguay out. Plus PGT was hobbled as well.

Our LB's got destroyed in that game, it will be a different story this year.
The teams leading LB from last year(Matt Plank) is not even a starter this year. Goes to show how much better the position is this year if he can't get on the field except in blowouts.

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Seriously what difference does it make? The man handled us, and until we return the favor they are top dog, no pun intended

"Man handling NDSU" equates to beating us by 10 points. We had a chance to come back in that game and they stopped us, yes. But they didn't man handle us. Either way, the way NDSU plays, we're always in games, even if a team "Man handles" us.

TennBison
December 18th, 2017, 03:28 PM
"Man handling NDSU" equates to beating us by 10 points. We had a chance to come back in that game and they stopped us, yes. But they didn't man handle us. Either way, the way NDSU plays, we're always in games, even if a team "Man handles" us.
I liked the way that some SHSU fans referred to NDSU as getting blown out by JMU last year in a ten point loss. All while they got destroyed by the same JMU team by 58 the week before. I guess that SDSU and SHSU losses this year would need to be known as Nuclear Meltdowns if a 10 point loss with the game still in question in the 4th as being Manhandled.

BirdFan 4Life
December 18th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Who is going to have the most fans in Frisco, I'm guessing the Bison migration has already begun! Can't wait to see if someone other than ISU can give the Bizon a game in Frisco.

I picked NDSU to win just because I think defensively they are deeper. Whoever wins the turnover margin is probably winning this game, and with both teams exceling in this category, it should make for an exciting game.

dewey
December 18th, 2017, 03:49 PM
Here is a video from the Bison Media Zone previewing the National Championship game.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/bison-video-blog-james-madison-preview/

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Big Duke
December 18th, 2017, 04:26 PM

This is hilarious, JMU fans thrown out for celebrating (streamers) scores and NDSU fans thrown out for celebrating (bourbon) scores. The only fans left in the stands will be SHSU fans and Alpha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2017, 04:39 PM
JMU fans finally found that tweet.

They really are NDSU fans. Just like NDSU and our intro video last year. xrotatehx

JayMYou
December 18th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Question for Bison fans: How does this year's O-line compare to last year's? I'm asking because I'm seeing posts about your run game but I though last year you lost 2 or 3 top guys? I'd have to say this year's JMU run defense may be even better than last year's so it'll be interesting to see how well you can get the run game established.

Our O-line has been decimated since last year and pass block seems to be stronger than run blocking til the last couple of games. We may both be peaking in the trenches in time for this game.

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Question for Bison fans: How does this year's O-line compare to last year's? I'm asking because I'm seeing posts about your run game but I though last year you lost 2 or 3 top guys? I'd have to say this year's JMU run defense may be even better than last year's so it'll be interesting to see how well you can get the run game established.

Our O-line has been decimated since last year and pass block seems to be stronger than run blocking til the last couple of games. We may both be peaking in the trenches in time for this game.Way better.

JayMYou
December 18th, 2017, 04:47 PM
This is hilarious, JMU fans thrown out for celebrating (streamers) scores and NDSU fans thrown out for celebrating (bourbon) scores. The only fans left in the stands will be SHSU fans and Alpha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know what, after only just now reading about recent events in Alphagriz's life, I no longer need to take pleasure in responding to him. Karma seems to have inflicted more misery in his life than any of us ever could.

Theee Catrabbit
December 18th, 2017, 04:47 PM
I think JMU wins. It will be by 7.

cx500d
December 18th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Who is going to have the most fans in Frisco, I'm guessing the Bison migration has already begun! Can't wait to see if someone other than ISU can give the Bizon a game in Frisco.

I picked NDSU to win just because I think defensively they are deeper. Whoever wins the turnover margin is probably winning this game, and with both teams exceling in this category, it should make for an exciting game.

Seriously? You do know we lost both our cornerbacks in the last game, right?

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2017, 04:52 PM

Marques Bridges has done just fine as a shutdown corner.

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2017, 05:07 PM
I honestly don't get why many Bison fans thinks this swings the pendulum so much. The backup corners did pretty good against SHSU's high octane attack with no prep and now they get 3 weeks to prep for JMU. For me the Bison front 7, specifically the D-line, is a much bigger key than the corners are because they're the ones that will have to contain the JMU run game and contain Schor's scrambling and that'll be the key to beating JMU not shutting down their WRs on the outside.

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2017, 05:26 PM
I honestly don't get why many Bison fans thinks this swings the pendulum so much. The backup corners did pretty good against SHSU's high octane attack with no prep and now they get 3 weeks to prep for JMU. For me the Bison front 7, specifically the D-line, is a much bigger key than the corners are because they're the ones that will have to contain the JMU run game and contain Schor's scrambling and that'll be the key to beating JMU not shutting down their WRs on the outside.Exactly

JMUNJ08
December 18th, 2017, 06:26 PM
It was big, but I’d put it behind the two NCs and the win over Tech.

Behind App State in '08 as well so no better than 4th...

BisonTru
December 18th, 2017, 06:50 PM
I honestly don't get why many Bison fans thinks this swings the pendulum so much. The backup corners did pretty good against SHSU's high octane attack with no prep and now they get 3 weeks to prep for JMU. For me the Bison front 7, specifically the D-line, is a much bigger key than the corners are because they're the ones that will have to contain the JMU run game and contain Schor's scrambling and that'll be the key to beating JMU not shutting down their WRs on the outside.

Agreed. Bridges played well against Sammy and some talented WRs. Plus Hendricks gives us the option to drop Tre down and Cox, Deluca, and Board are IMHO the best coverage LB core I've seen at NDSU.

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2017, 07:01 PM
Agreed. Bridges played well against Sammy and some talented WRs. Plus Hendricks gives us the option to drop Tre down and Cox, Deluca, and Board are IMHO the best coverage LB core I've seen at NDSU.
Unless both Allison's and Wimbush's injuries are far less severe than feared and they both play I don't think there will be such a thing as a nickel defense in this game. JMU could line up 4 wide and the Bison will still have 3 LBs out there. If they do bring in an extra DB in an obvious passing down it's probably Hendricks and one of the D-lineman goes out.

centennial
December 18th, 2017, 07:18 PM
BTW I went on the way back machine.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161212224351/http://www.ncaa.com/championships/football/fcs/venue-info

The streamer ban is new. Congratulations to JMU fans for getting the NCAA to put that in.

Bisonator
December 18th, 2017, 07:55 PM
Yeah me too. It will be very important to win the battle in the trenches. That to me is where we got beat by JMU last year. Allowing Abdullah to get to the second level against a weak LB corp killed us. We also couldn't get much pressure on Schor and he picked us apart. The Dline also really didn't get a ton of pressure on Briscoe so that's concerning going into the championship game. The good news is our LB corp is much much better then last year and they will limit big plays IMO. I didn't see the first half of the SDSU/JMU game. JMU had like 5 turnovers early on and were only able to put up 14 points? They also seemed to struggle against a pretty good Weber defense. That may be telling or not I'm unsure. I'm liking Messingham's play calling this year. I think our offense has really been clicking since the SDSU debacle. Obviously JMU will be their toughest test. I'm thinking this will be a very similar game to the 2011 championship against SHSU. 2 great defenses going at it and a TO or big play could decide it.

Bisonator
December 18th, 2017, 07:57 PM

https://web.archive.org/web/20161212224351/http://www.ncaa.com/championships/football/fcs/venue-info

The streamer ban is new. Congratulations to JMU fans for getting the NCAA to put that in.
I'm sure they loved cleaning up that mess last year.

Serpentor
December 18th, 2017, 08:12 PM

JMU fans are bitching on Duke's Domain because apparently the stadium won't let them throw their sissy streamers around. They think they're entitled to trash someone else's stadium with their garbage and the clean up crew should just shut up and clean up their mess like the obedient little plebeians that they are. It's called common courtesy, you dill holes. Maybe those crews want to get home to their families at a reasonable hour...

centennial
December 18th, 2017, 08:16 PM
Yeah me too. It will be very important to win the battle in the trenches. That to me is where we got beat by JMU last year. Allowing Abdullah to get to the second level against a weak LB corp killed us. We also couldn't get much pressure on Schor and he picked us apart. The Dline also really didn't get a ton of pressure on Briscoe so that's concerning going into the championship game. The good news is our LB corp is much much better then last year and they will limit big plays IMO. I didn't see the first half of the SDSU/JMU game. JMU had like 5 turnovers early on and were only able to put up 14 points? They also seemed to struggle against a pretty good Weber defense. That may be telling or not I'm unsure. I'm liking Messingham's play calling this year. I think our offense has really been clicking since the SDSU debacle. Obviously JMU will be their toughest test. I'm thinking this will be a very similar game to the 2011 championship against SHSU. 2 great defenses going at it and a TO or big play could decide it.

I actually watched NDSU vs JMU from last year, and re watched some of the SHSU game. One thing that jumps out that play design is better. There is more misdirection thrown in. Play calling is more sane as well. Some of the play calling last year was out right moronic. Messingham having being the OC at Iowa State, and his time at Indiana really helps him open stuff up, he has just seen more defenses. He is a definite upgrade over coach P.

JMU fans are bitching on Duke's Domain because apparently the stadium won't let them throw their sissy streamers around. They think they're entitled to trash someone else's stadium with their garbage and the clean up crew should just shut up and clean up their mess like the obedient little plebeians that they are. It's called common courtesy, you dill holes. Maybe those crews want to get home to their families at a reasonable hour...

The nerve of these people ****ing with JMU tradition.

DirtyDukes
December 18th, 2017, 08:16 PM
They won't score 4 times

You seem madder than any JMU fans i've seen. BRO U MAD?

Also this would be a reasonable post if the NCAA themselves didn't shoot TONS of confetti at the end of the game.

Hammerhead
December 18th, 2017, 08:54 PM
O-line is comparable if you ask me.

Not sure if our senior center, Austin Kuhnert, has a bad elbow. Did you notice him popping his elbow back in place during the semifinal? https://twitter.com/barstoolhrtland/status/942143894220918784/video/1

Our O-line has been decimated since last year and pass block seems to be stronger than run blocking til the last couple of games. We may both be peaking in the trenches in time for this game.

Thunderstruck
December 18th, 2017, 08:54 PM
I actually watched NDSU vs JMU from last year, and re watched some of the SHSU game. One thing that jumps out that play design is better. There is more misdirection thrown in. Play calling is more sane as well. Some of the play calling last year was out right moronic. Messingham having being the OC at Iowa State, and his time at Indiana really helps him open stuff up, he has just seen more defenses. He is a definite upgrade over coach P.

How many jet sweeps did Coach P run last year against JMU?

centennial
December 18th, 2017, 08:55 PM
Way too many. 7? Didn't count them.

Bison56
December 18th, 2017, 09:08 PM

They must not realize they are from the east coast.xbowx

Madisonian
December 18th, 2017, 09:09 PM
We’ll just go back to flinging feces like we did before we became sissified. Wear your raincoat.

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2017, 09:10 PM

Way too many. 7? Didn't count them.
Just subjected myself to re-watching that game and it was 3 I believe. Although two of them were called pretty close to each other on one of the drives where the Bison had the ball in the late 3rd/early 4th in a tie game and the two plays combined for about -5 yards.

My one lasting thought from watching that game again is how big of a difference FGs can make in the psyche of a team. The Bison placekicker was about 12 inches short on a 49 yard FG that would've given the Bison the lead in the late 3rd and after trading 3 and outs the JMU placekicker hit a career long 45 yarder to give JMU the lead back after NDSU had rallied to tie it. It was just a 6 point swing but it seemed like it propelled the Dukes forward to the win and took the air completely out of the Bison rally.

Bison56
December 18th, 2017, 09:18 PM
We’ll just go back to flinging feces like we did before we became sissified. Wear your raincoat.

xlolx thanks for the heads up.

cx500d
December 18th, 2017, 09:20 PM

I should have worn a raincoat at an Ozzie Osbourne concert back in 1981.

UpstateBison
December 18th, 2017, 09:25 PM

Glad I need to watch for the classy JMU fans. This will be a great game.

Madisonian
December 18th, 2017, 09:27 PM
We’re a good lot. You’ll like JMU fans in person. Can’t wait. The weekend will be rocking!

JayMYou
December 18th, 2017, 10:57 PM
xlolx thanks for the heads up.

Might not want to be looking up.

Derby City Duke
December 18th, 2017, 11:02 PM
I will be called a Decembrist -- and by default that will be accurate. I've been reading this board for several months now, but given the nature of some of my upcoming office visits thought it prudent to jump aboard while I am still able.

I like my Dukes and have for nearly 40 years, but am about the poorest homer in the world - I do not view the world through purple and gold glasses. Hopefully you guys will still let me in on the fun here. I will try to stay around as much as possible and not only post 2 months out of the year or only when things are going well.

GsephBison
December 19th, 2017, 04:34 AM
Just a question for those who watched the SDSU v JMU semifinal. I sort of glanced up to watch a drive every so often, because we had guests over. I noticed SDSU was able to run the ball with decent success. I also know JMU likes to play man outside and clog the middle, making it tough to run. Did JMU have to account for the receiving threat of SDSU and left themselves vulnerable to the run? Or where they losing some ground in the trenches? I ask because the formula, it seems, is to stop the run and make teams(like NDSU) beat you through the air. Do some of you feel this might be something that NDSU can exploit? Just trying to find an edge, that JMU D looks nasty.

Duke Dawg
December 19th, 2017, 04:58 AM
Just a question for those who watched the SDSU v JMU semifinal. I sort of glanced up to watch a drive every so often, because we had guests over. I noticed SDSU was able to run the ball with decent success. I also know JMU likes to play man outside and clog the middle, making it tough to run. Did JMU have to account for the receiving threat of SDSU and left themselves vulnerable to the run? Or where they losing some ground in the trenches? I ask because the formula, it seems, is to stop the run and make teams(like NDSU) beat you through the air. Do some of you feel this might be something that NDSU can exploit? Just trying to find an edge, that JMU D looks nasty.

yes. absolutely had to do with matchups. but don't listen to us. We just watch our team every week. Many of you NDSU fans watch us once or twice and think you have us all figured it.

If you want to see a better comparison, look at the Stony Brook game and in particular go back through the drive summary

http://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay?gameId=401002481

they were a good smash mouth run based offense all year long. We shut them down. they did nothing until the game was well out of hand. we focused on stopping the run and made the QB throw. and as most of us thought before the game, we didn't think he could do anything against us and he didn't. Just like we did to the SDSU QB, we rattled his cage.

I keep hearing over and over again, these QB's play their worst games against us. Maybe, just maybe, that's not a coincidence. You hear all the coaches after playing us comment how our front four is the best they've played. That's what we do. We get after your QB and make him uncomfortable and panicked and our secondary then feasts on the hurried throws. It's happened to every QB we've played this year. it will happen again to Stick.

Bison56
December 19th, 2017, 06:02 AM
yes. absolutely had to do with matchups. but don't listen to us. We just watch our team every week. Many of you NDSU fans watch us once or twice and think you have us all figured it.

If you want to see a better comparison, look at the Stony Brook game and in particular go back through the drive summary

they were a good smash mouth run based offense all year long. We shut them down. they did nothing until the game was well out of hand. we focused on stopping the run and made the QB throw. and as most of us thought before the game, we didn't think he could do anything against us and he didn't. Just like we did to the SDSU QB, we rattled his cage.

I keep hearing over and over again, these QB's play their worst games against us. Maybe, just maybe, that's not a coincidence. You hear all the coaches after playing us comment how our front four is the best they've played. That's what we do. We get after your QB and make him uncomfortable and panicked and our secondary then feasts on the hurried throws. It's happened to every QB we've played this year. it will happen again to Stick.

I hope that you are not alone if JMU loses the game.

Southern Bison
December 19th, 2017, 06:21 AM
You seem madder than any JMU fans i've seen. BRO U MAD?

Also this would be a reasonable post if the NCAA themselves didn't shoot TONS of confetti at the end of the game.Reminder to self: don't invite elitist Beltway Swamp fans to house. After spilling red wine on carpet, breaking glass centerpiece on table, and tearing the towel holder off the wall in guest bath, they'll leave without offering to pay for repair/replacement or offer to clean up their own mess is someone else's house.

Just because you trash your own house (stadium) doesn't give you the right to trash someone else's house or stadium.

Madisonian
December 19th, 2017, 06:44 AM
Reminder to self: don't invite elitist Beltway Swamp fans to house. After spilling red wine on carpet, breaking glass centerpiece on table, and tearing the towel holder off the wall in guest bath, they'll leave without offering to pay for repair/replacement or offer to clean up their own mess is someone else's house.

Just because you trash your own house (stadium) doesn't give you the right to trash someone else's house or stadium.

Everyone knows you never let hipsters stay for dinner. It’s in the Bible. Jesus spoke about it at length.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2017, 06:56 AM

And every team that has played the Bison this year has gone in with the mentality that they're going to try to shut down the run game and try to make Stick beat them yet NDSU has still ran for 280+ yards per game this year at 6+ yards per carry. With the exception of SDSU everyone failed but "most of us who watched all the NDSU games this year" would tell you that they were running the ball fairly well against SDSU but the OC went away from it in favor of an inordinate amount of pass plays.

The Bison aren't going to beat JMU's defense with Stick's arm and everyone knows it. He may need to keep the sticks moving a few times on 3rd and medium or long but they will need to run the ball if they're going to have any kind of sustained offense and avoid turnovers. It'll really come down to who can run the ball and stop the run better on both sides, whoever has to rely on their QB's arm less will win.

jmufan999
December 19th, 2017, 07:35 AM

yeah that's the way to beat us, it's just difficult to do. SDSU did have some big runs, i haven't watched the game enough times to know if our attention to Goedert/Weineke had anything to do with that. the problem is when teams have a 0 gain or a TFL on first downs. now you're behind the chains and that's when the pass rush goes crazy. NDSU is a great running team so we know there will be explosive running plays just like there were against SDSU. that won't be catastrophic unless you're in 3rd & short on seemingly every play.

GsephBison
December 19th, 2017, 07:48 AM

Just asked a question homes! I'm a bison fan that thinks JMU wins a close one if I'm being honest with myself. Just noticed an area that looked relatively vulnerable in a D that has very few flaws. Yes Jmu is the reason for TC's monumental bad game, but I wasn't even talking about Stick or TC. If NDSU can't run, they will lose the game. I'm asking these questions because i clearly stated I wasn't really paying attention. So no I don't have all the answers.

GsephBison
December 19th, 2017, 07:51 AM
yeah that's the way to beat us, it's just difficult to do. SDSU did have some big runs, i haven't watched the game enough times to know if our attention to Goedert/Weineke had anything to do with that. the problem is when teams have a 0 gain or a TFL on first downs. now you're behind the chains and that's when the pass rush goes crazy. NDSU is a great running team so we know there will be explosive running plays just like there were against SDSU. that won't be catastrophic unless you're in 3rd & short on seemingly every play.

Yes! NDSU needs to get in 3rd and short. 3rd and 5 or longer will lead to turnovers and punts

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2017, 07:57 AM

I'm no JMU expert, but to me it looked like the front 4 were more focused on getting the QB..... Those 4 up front are good putting it mildly

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2017, 07:59 AM
And every team that has played the Bison this year has gone in with the mentality that they're going to try to shut down the run game and try to make Stick beat them yet NDSU has still ran for 280+ yards per game this year at 6+ yards per carry. With the exception of SDSU everyone failed but "most of us who watched all the NDSU games this year" would tell you that they were running the ball fairly well against SDSU but the OC went away from it in favor of an inordinate amount of pass plays.

The Bison aren't going to beat JMU's defense with Stick's arm and everyone knows it. He may need to keep the sticks moving a few times on 3rd and medium or long but they will need to run the ball if they're going to have any kind of sustained offense and avoid turnovers. It'll really come down to who can run the ball and stop the run better on both sides, whoever has to rely on their QB's arm less will win.

Just say it Proffesor, the Bison are in big trouble ...

jmufan999
December 19th, 2017, 08:07 AM
I'm no JMU expert, but to me it looked like the front 4 were more focused on getting the QB..... Those 4 up front are good putting it mildly

Stig said it was the best front they've seen. his words, not mine.

cx500d
December 19th, 2017, 08:12 AM

Makes sense given we couldn't stop them.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2017, 08:16 AM

I think they are better than North Dakota States, but the Bison bring the LB's

Let me ask JMU fans a question

It seemed SDSU was really going after#6 early in that game, but he played really well

Is he your weak link in the DB? or were the Jackrabies just crazy for going after this guy Moreland?

Duke Dawg
December 19th, 2017, 08:16 AM

I'm not really saying anything different am I?

I'm simply saying, we will get to Stick and rattle him. He's a good QB, but we've rattled better and we did it to him last year in the semi.

it's not a secret that it does all come down to, can NDSU run the ball against us. If you can't, it's going to be a real struggle against our D.

as for our QB, he's a better passer than being given credit for. His year has not been as good this year because we have been decimated by injuries on the OL and it's changed game plans and not given him a whole lot of time often. We played 6 OLineman against SDSU. 3 were freshmen, 1 a sophomore, two seniors, including one who has been a career backup. It's a very talented but mostly inexperienced group. We'll see how they hold up against your D Line and the pressure of a title game. That will be the obvious key for our offense.

AmsterBison
December 19th, 2017, 08:23 AM

I'll say it: The Bison are in big trouble. JMU is a dominant team in every respect, from their coaches down to their fanbase. JMU might have the best defense in the history of the FCS - top 5 for sure since I've been paying attention. NDSU losing the two starting CBs this week is a huge deal, especially with the emergence of Stapleton (who looks like freaking Cooper Kupp out there.) And I'm impressed with how well JMU's numerous transfers are doing. I expect the crowd to be about 50-50 in Frisco so that will be a wash. Not to mention that Schor made our DEs look like statues last year.

Good preview here: http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bison-video-blog-james-madison-preview/

BTW, Dom's preseason poll put all the semfinalists at 1 through 4 and both finalists as #1 and #2. Who is Dom? He's on of the guys in the linked video.

On paper, this is the best match up since the 2011 SHSU v NDSU championship (which was also #1 v #2), but those teams had weaknesses. On the field, you'd think the game would be close but sometimes teams press too hard in the championship and close games get out of hand.

Duke Dawg
December 19th, 2017, 08:23 AM
I think they are better than North Dakota States, but the Bison bring the LB's

Let me ask JMU fans a question

It seemed SDSU was really going after#6 early in that game, but he played really well

Is he your weak link in the DB? or were the Jackrabies just crazy for going after this guy Moreland?

the weak link was Bethea, who is a backup because our normal starter, Curtis Oliver, was out with injury suffered against Weber.

Moreland is awesome. i think it was just him getting matched up on Wienke alot so obviously he's going to be involved a ton. As with any DB playing a good WR, you make some plays, and you miss some.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2017, 08:27 AM
Why? I won't act like won't be a tough task for NDSU to beat JMU but I also think it's going to be a tough task for JMU to beat NDSU.

I'll say it: The Bison are in big trouble. JMU is a dominant team in every respect, from their coaches down to their fanbase. JMU might have the best defense in the history of the FCS - top 5 for sure since I've been paying attention. NDSU losing the two starting CBs this week is a huge deal, especially with the emergence of Stapleton (who looks like freaking Cooper Kupp out there.) And I'm impressed with how well JMU's numerous transfers are doing. I expect the crowd to be about 50-50 in Frisco so that will be a wash. Not to mention that Schor made our DEs look like statues last year.

Good preview here: http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bison-video-blog-james-madison-preview/

BTW, Dom's preseason poll put all the semfinalists at 1 through 4 and both finalists as #1 and #2. Who is Dom? He's on of the guys in the linked video.

On paper, this is the best match up since the 2011 SHSU v NDSU championship (which was also #1 v #2), but those teams had weaknesses. On the field, you'd think the game would be close but sometimes teams press too hard in the championship and close games get out of hand.
Maybe I have my head in the sand but I really don't think it will be as huge as you're claiming it will be. The pressure is going to be on the NDSU front 7 in this one. NDSU plays a cover 2/3 which aides the CBs as much as any defensive scheme will. I wish they'd have at least one of those guys available but it's certainly not nearly as big as if they had lost one or two of the top LBs or D-linemen IMO.

Go back and watch the JMU/NDSU game last year (when JMU had a much more potent passing attack btw) and Schor burned NDSU with his arm about 4 times that I recall; twice were on scrambles where he made great throws against NDSU's zone defense, once was when he burned the blitz by dumping it to Abdullah right over the blitzing LB and let him run wild, and the last was a perfect throw on a seam route to the slot receiver for the final TD of the game. It'll be more about keeping him contained IMO then taking away his outside WRs.

Bison56
December 19th, 2017, 08:38 AM

I just hope NDSU can keep it competitive and not get embarrassed.

cx500d
December 19th, 2017, 08:51 AM

Thats all I hope for.

344Johnson
December 19th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Few short thoughts:

should be a good game.

Bison losing two CB's is tough luck. Kinda a bummer. Lot less flexibility on defense then.

JMU is baller.

Let people do the lame streamer stuff. Kinda hokey but c'mon... low energy move to ban.

#FreeStevenAvery

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Why? I won't act like won't be a tough task for NDSU to beat JMU but I also think it's going to be a tough task for JMU to beat NDSU.

Maybe I have my head in the sand but I really don't think it will be as huge as you're claiming it will be. The pressure is going to be on the NDSU front 7 in this one. NDSU plays a cover 2/3 which aides the CBs as much as any defensive scheme will. I wish they'd have at least one of those guys available but it's certainly not nearly as big as if they had lost one or two of the top LBs or D-linemen IMO.

Go back and watch the JMU/NDSU game last year (when JMU had a much more potent passing attack btw) and Schor burned NDSU with his arm about 4 times that I recall; twice were on scrambles where he made great throws against NDSU's zone defense, once was when he burned the blitz by dumping it to Abdullah right over the blitzing LB and let him run wild, and the last was a perfect throw on a seam route to the slot receiver for the final TD of the game. It'll be more about keeping him contained IMO then taking away his outside WRs.

why? I don't know just looking for answers, most of the other Bison fans are now acting like SDSU fans or just acting like they don't know anything... you bring it straight!

After the Sammy game I was leaning NDSU, But after seeing what JMU did vs SDSU, now leaning JMU

This is a great match up and will come down to those slight differences that are hard to see on tape but will be obvious once the game starts

I think JMU Defense is better than the Bison's, If the JMU front 4 is a hair better than the Bison OL, will put alot of pressure of Stick, how will he respond?

will he be able to calmy lead offense down the field when you are down 6 with 2 minutes to play like the cool Jensen? I dont know and I know a lot of Bison fans do not want to see this scenario play out. I say this as it seems many Bison fans are hard on Stick, I would take him in a second

I think the Bison Defense can fustrate JMU this year more than last, but Schor is one cool customer and is a winner, I''ll take my chances with him

I think Stick can hurt JMU with his feet some when pressured, how will he respond to seeing these rabid dogs on his azz all day?

I think #8 might find a big hole and burn JMU - shovel pass

It might be a low scoring game.... both offenses could be in for a long day

how does the re-match play out? JMU knows they can beat North Dakota State, beat em in the Dome..... but this year the teams seem more even as last year it was pretty clear who the better team was, not this year though

ok, anyone confused yet? haha

I'll give a slight edge to JMU as the defending Champs and some East coast CAA bias

Bison56
December 19th, 2017, 09:15 AM
why? I don't know just looking for answers, most of the other Bison fans are now acting like SDSU fans or just acting like they don't know anything... you bring it straight!

After the Sammy game I was leaning NDSU, But after seeing what JMU did vs SDSU, now leaning JMU

This is a great match up and will come down to those slight differences that are hard to see on tape but will be obvious once the game starts

I think JMU Defense is better than the Bison's, If the JMU front 4 is a hair better than the Bison OL, will put alot of pressure of Stick, how will he respond?

will he be able to calmy lead offense down the field when you are down 6 with 2 minutes to play like the cool Jensen? I dont know and I know a lot of Bison fans do not want to see this scenario play out. I say this as it seems many Bison fans are hard on Stick, I would take him in a second

I think the Bison Defense can fustrate JMU this year more than last, but Schor is one cool customer and is a winner, I''ll take my chances with him

I think Stick can hurt JMU with his feet some when pressured, how will he respond to seeing these rabid dogs on his azz all day?

how does the re-match play out? JMU knows they can beat North Dakota State, beat em in the Dome..... but this year the teams seem more even as last year it was pretty clear who the better team was, not this year though

I'll give a slight edge to JMU as the defending Champs and some East coast CAA bias
I have this same feeling, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 3-0 at halftime.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2017, 09:19 AM
I have this same feeling, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 3-0 at halftime.

I could see that, but I promise I won't be comparing FG kickers.... haha.... JMU freshman already nailed a game winner vs Weber State, this might be a jinx for JMU....

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2017, 09:20 AM

No issue with any of that. I think one can reasonably conclude that JMU is a slight favorite. I agree on Stick being a lot better than most, even some Bison fans, give him credit for. I'm not so much worried about him throwing the ball as I'm worried about the O-line having to pass protect against JMU's front. That has not been a strength for them this year. Stick will need to use his mobility to the fullest in this game.

I think NDSU is in trouble if...
1) They can't run the ball with any consistency.
2) They allow Schor to scramble at will.
3) They can't stop the read-option dive with the DTs and Deluca (because that'll cause the defense to crash opening up the keeper and the jet sweep to the outside)

I think JMU is in trouble if... the opposite happens for any of those things above.

And of course it always comes down to turnovers and who wins on 3rd down but those 3 points above are key to those battles as well.

Another thing I noticed from re-watching last year's game is JMU really used the delayed handoff a lot trying to invite NDSU's DEs up the field opening up creases. I haven't really noticed them do that much in their recent games against Weber and SDSU so it'll be interesting to see how each team plays that in this game.

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2017, 09:37 AM

I don't think you have your head in the sand at all. I think it will be a close game and I think JMU will have their hands full with NDSU. They seem to think our O line will leak like a seive. It's going to be interesting to watch the matchups. NDSU is going to have to overcome the injury bug which is an advantage for JMU. Yes they have their injuries as well but not in the quantity NDSU does. It is what it is and Kleiman and Co. will have to overcome that but I think they can.

centennial
December 19th, 2017, 09:44 AM
No issue with any of that. I think one can reasonably conclude that JMU is a slight favorite. I agree on Stick being a lot better than most, even some Bison fans, give him credit for. I'm not so much worried about him throwing the ball as I'm worried about the O-line having to pass protect against JMU's front. That has not been a strength for them this year. Stick will need to use his mobility to the fullest in this game.

3) They can't stop the read-option dive with the DTs and Deluca (because that'll cause the defense to crash opening up the keeper and the jet sweep to the outside)

I think JMU is in trouble if... the opposite happens for any of those things above.

And of course it always comes down to turnovers and who wins on 3rd down but those 3 points above are key to those battles as well.

Another thing I noticed from re-watching last year's game is JMU really used the delayed handoff a lot trying to invite NDSU's DEs up the field opening up creases. I haven't really noticed them do that much in their recent games against Weber and SDSU so it'll be interesting to see how each team plays that in this game.

Stick went from looking like one of the best QB's in the FCS (early in the season) to below average FCS QB and now back to top 5-10 QB in the FCS. He did have a serious slump in the middle of the year. Still, people need to go watch Bowl games and see that we would be an upgrade even for 70% of FBS teams. He has had about 6 bad games out of 38. So about 15% of his games he has not been good. I would take him over a almost every FCS QB except Streveler. He has had 12 rushing touchdowns and 27 passing touchdowns. His last 2 games average a QBR of 210, he is a serious hot hand for NDSU.

Schor has 26 passing and 7 rushing, with QBR against Weber and Stoney Brook averaging 135.

Overall QBR Schor - 149
Stick - 173

Highest QBR for Schor (full season 2017) against URI 234

Stick's top 5 2017 games averaged QBR - 274

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2017, 09:46 AM

I remember that... yep, that little split second delay was all it took ...

ok, question for Bison fans.... It seemed that Sam Houston was targeting #21 right from the get go... why was this? Was he your weak link in the DB?
He is also the player that was injured correct?

I watch games with no sound so I see numbers but don't hear what's being said really

bluehenbillk
December 19th, 2017, 09:49 AM

I hope it's a great game, but if it does get out of hand it'll be JMU running away with it. I saw the NDSU -3 line yesterday & bet a substantial amount of coin on JMU.

cx500d
December 19th, 2017, 09:50 AM
I hope it's a great game, but if it does get out of hand it'll be JMU running away with it. I saw the NDSU -3 line yesterday & bet a substantial amount of coin on JMU.

I agree.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2017, 09:50 AM
I remember that... yep, that little split second delay was all it took ...

ok, question for Bison fans.... It seemed that Sam Houston was targeting #21 right from the get go... why was this? Was he your weak link in the DB?
He is also the player that was injured correct?

I watch games with no sound so I see numbers but don't hear what's being said really
He was NDSU's best corner. This is his 3rd year starting and he usually draws the opposing team's best receiver as the corners will switch from side to side and that's probably why he was targeted. Briscoe seemed to be throwing at Nathan Stewart (#81) a lot and that was the case even after #21 went out and #9 replaced him. #9 finished with 2 INTs a couple PBUs so he held up nicely... another reason why I'm not as concerned as some about the CB situation for NDSU down in Frisco.

cx500d
December 19th, 2017, 09:53 AM
He was NDSU's best corner. This is his 3rd year starting and he usually draws the opposing team's best receiver as the corners will switch from side to side and that's probably why he was targeted. Briscoe seemed to be throwing at Nathan Stewart (#81) a lot and that was the case even after #21 went out and #9 replaced him. #9 finished with 2 INTs a couple PBUs so he held up nicely... another reason why I'm not as concerned as some about the CB situation for NDSU down in Frisco.

Maybe, but I think by that time Briscoe was so rattled he was ineffectual, kind off like Christian was for SDSU after 5 picks. Didn't really mater after that.

JmuSkinsfan
December 19th, 2017, 10:02 AM
FWIW SDSU did hold JMU to almost 100 less total yards then Weber gave up to them. Hard to put up yards though when the offense keeps taking over on short fields due to turnovers, haha.

That, plus the entire 4th quarter was "Run, run, run, punt" for the JMU offense ... also with 4th string RB and 2nd string QB. As a fan in the stands, the 4th quarter seemed to go on foreevvvvvvvvvvvver. I was hoping we'd just open it back up on offense so that we could get some first downs and run the clock some more.

JmuSkinsfan
December 19th, 2017, 10:15 AM

I tend to agree on this point, mainly because JMU has the ability to completely take a team out of the game with turnovers. BUT NDSU just seems too disciplined to let that happen ... and this being a neutral field that will likely skew Bison fans, the crowd factor is a bit mitigated. So I wouldn't say the chances of JMU blowing out NDSU are high, but I also predicted the "best case" score for SDSU was 38-13 while going with a 28-17 true prediction.

That being said, last year JMU's team did this to their playoff opponents pretty handily (UNH 55-22, SHSU 63-7, YSU 28-14) ... even taking out NDSU and maybe YSU from last year, JMU has totally taken their opponent out of their game in 4 out of 7 games and you could argue 5 of the 7, with the lone exception being NDSU (who really was taken out of the game losing by 10 at home considering they were 5x natty champs and big favorites) and Weber State. Because YSU wasn't truly a blow-out, it was sort of a slow "run away" where YSU never seemed in it. But because of the closer score, I am willing to hear arguments for not counting that.

This year, Stony Brook's QB throws 3 Ints all season, and JMU gets him for 5 in the game. Christion has 6 Ints after a stellar season.

All of that being said, I think the "run away" score in this if JMU handle NDSU is still something like last year's score ... maybe 31-17. In reality, I expect a score of either 27-17 or 24-20 type ... going either way.

centennial
December 19th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Disagree. It could get out of hand either way. NDSU has the best offense I've seen in the 7 year run. Only 2013 was close. Either team will have trouble playing from 2 TD deficit.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2017, 10:22 AM

thanks for the breakdown, Sometimes an injury can be a blessing in disguise..... not the norm though

KPSUL
December 19th, 2017, 10:30 AM
I tend to agree on this point, mainly because JMU has the ability to completely take a team out of the game with turnovers. BUT NDSU just seems too disciplined to let that happen ... and this being a neutral field that will likely skew Bison fans, the crowd factor is a bit mitigated. So I wouldn't say the chances of JMU blowing out NDSU are high, but I also predicted the "best case" score for SDSU was 38-13 while going with a 28-17 true prediction.

That being said, last year JMU's team did this to their playoff opponents pretty handily (UNH 55-22, SHSU 63-7, YSU 28-14) ... even taking out NDSU and maybe YSU from last year, JMU has totally taken their opponent out of their game in 4 out of 7 games and you could argue 5 of the 7, with the lone exception being NDSU (who really was taken out of the game losing by 10 at home considering they were 5x natty champs and big favorites) and Weber State. Because YSU wasn't truly a blow-out, it was sort of a slow "run away" where YSU never seemed in it. But because of the closer score, I am willing to hear arguments for not counting that.

This year, Stony Brook's QB throws 3 Ints all season, and JMU gets him for 5 in the game. Christion has 6 Ints after a stellar season.

All of that being said, I think the "run away" score in this if JMU handle NDSU is still something like last year's score ... maybe 31-17. In reality, I expect a score of either 27-17 or 24-20 type ... going either way.

Nice job hedging your bets! Three different predicted scores, and a litany of conditional statements. No wonder you can claim to be correct so often.

cx500d
December 19th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Nice job hedging your bets! Three different predicted scores, and a litany of conditional statements. No wonder you can claim to be correct so often.

He bets on red and black at the roulette wheel too.

Bison56
December 19th, 2017, 10:39 AM

Of course.

dukesfan4010
December 19th, 2017, 10:51 AM
not as worried about this game as I was this past weekend. NDSU will have to completely control the game and point of contact, and that is something that hasn't happened under Mike Houston. JMU has the "toughness" of all of these MVFC teams but speed that they don't have. Completely evident in last years game in Fargo, and besides Abdullah, everyone that significantly contributed in that game is another year better. If we consistently stop the run this one won't be close, IMO. Dear lord I hope Easton Stick tries to beat us with his arm.

dewey
December 19th, 2017, 11:04 AM
Here is a podcast from the Insiders on Bison 1660 am. This is a 2 hour radio show in the Fargo area.

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-december-18-2017

The show discusses the following;
-Some good talk about where this game ranks with the best 1-AA championship games of all time.
-Post game thoughts on SHSU and how this impacts SHSU and playoffs going forward.
-National Title game talk.

Dewey

JmuSkinsfan
December 19th, 2017, 11:25 AM

Hey, I'm not necessarily trying to prove my merit by being right on my predictions. I'm just stating it as how I see it. But if you want me to go hardline on a score ... then my prediction is 24-20 JMU. But my post was saying it could easily be 24-20 NDSU. I can't see a 42-17 NDSU win ... but I could see a 34-17 JMU win or something like that

PurpleStreamers
December 19th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Disagree. It could get out of hand either way. NDSU has the best offense I've seen in the 7 year run. Only 2013 was close. Either team will have trouble playing from 2 TD deficit.

Not hedging or being pessimistic but I agree that both teams have equal chances of running away with it. It's just that those chances are like 5-10% and it's way way more likely to be a tight one entering the 4th no matter who comes out on top just like last year's game up there.

IBleedYellow
December 19th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Hey, I'm not necessarily trying to prove my merit by being right on my predictions. I'm just stating it as how I see it. But if you want me to go hardline on a score ... then my prediction is 24-20 JMU. But my post was saying it could easily be 24-20 NDSU. I can't see a 42-17 NDSU win ... but I could see a 34-17 JMU win or something like that

The teams are way too close. That is so homer it's not even funny. If JMU can do that to NDSU, the same can be said for NDSU to JMU.

dukesfan4010
December 19th, 2017, 12:06 PM
The teams are way too close. That is so homer it's not even funny. If JMU can do that to NDSU, the same can be said for NDSU to JMU.

Completely different styles. Teams are close but different at the same time. No way NDSU can run away with this game. Chances are JMU doesn't either, but more likely than the Bison.

Gangtackle11
December 19th, 2017, 12:10 PM
2 best teams in FCS are playing for the championship. The rest of this thread is unnecessary noise. Enjoy the game. It should be a good one. ✌️

IBleedYellow
December 19th, 2017, 12:11 PM
2 best teams in FCS are playing for the championship. The rest of this thread is unnecessary noise. Enjoy the game. It should be a good one. ✌️Exactly.

At this point I'm just thinking of disappearing for a couple of weeks. Nothing more will be said other than smack.

centennial
December 19th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Not hedging or being pessimistic but I agree that both teams have equal chances of running away with it. It's just that those chances are like 5-10% and it's way way more likely to be a tight one entering the 4th no matter who comes out on top just like last year's game up there.

I think we need to be cognizant of the fact that the SDSU game could be an outlier. SDSU made a lot of mistakes and it took till the second half where JMU made 2 runs to put the game away. Christion had the worst game of his career, while JMU has a good defense it's not the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Statistically, NDSU has better total defense, and total offense numbers. Has faced a tougher SOS, arguably has a better QB, and much better LB's from last year. It wouldn't be a surprise for this game going either way.

Derby City Duke
December 19th, 2017, 12:13 PM
My initial post remains in auto-moderation. I am new to the AGS posting world, though I've been reading since probably Feb/Mar '17. For the time being you can rightly call me a Decembrist, but my intent is to be part of the group for more than 2-3 months out of the year (the docs will probably have the final call on how long I truly stay around...)

I am lousy at being a homer and have ruffled a few feathers among others in my team's fan base on some other platforms, but that is just the way it needs to be.

Frohe Weihnachten! xxmasx

KPSUL
December 19th, 2017, 12:32 PM
He bets on red and black at the roulette wheel too.

I go with green. Went to an Indian Casino south of Brookings right after the SDSU game I put $100 on 14, the UNH score. The bad day continued for the Granite State!

centennial
December 19th, 2017, 12:40 PM
As a note to JMU fans outraged on Facebook and Csnbbs. Artificial noisemakers are not allowed, so trying to equalize NDSU crowd advantage by using cow bells might get you thrown out. From the NCAA site-

Artificial noisemakers, air horns, electronic instruments, etc. are not permissible.

Bisonator
December 19th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Completely different styles. Teams are close but different at the same time. No way NDSU can run away with this game. Chances are JMU doesn't either, but more likely than the Bison.
So I'm gonna go ahead and ask anyway.xlolx

Why do you think JMU has a better chance to run away with the game and NDSU has no chance?xcoffeex

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2017, 12:47 PM
2 best FBS teams in FCS are playing for the championship. The rest of this thread is unnecessary noise. Enjoy the game. It should be a good one. ✌️

Changed it a bit GT

dukesfan4010
December 19th, 2017, 12:59 PM

Why do you think JMU has a better chance to run away with the game and NDSU has no chance?xcoffeex

Nobody is running away from the JMU defense. Sorry, it's just not going to happen.

As I said, likely JMU won't either, but JMU has a more balanced offensive attack and has a better chance of hitting those home run plays. Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats not NDSU's game. They want to punch you in the mouth and run it down your throat. JMU wants to establish the run, but wants to spread it out. It Stick beats us through the air consistently, I will be the first to admit I was wrong, but I'm sorry, it's just not going to happen.

Being said, I see this game is the 20's at MOST and I don't think anyone is running away with it.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2017, 01:59 PM
2 best teams in FCS are playing for the championship. The rest of this thread is unnecessary noise. Enjoy the game. It should be a good one. ✌️
That really is what it boils down. One of these teams may appear to be head and shoulders above the other depending on who's thumping their chest or playing the "woe is us" card but if anyone in the FCS is going to beat them it's the other team in this game.

I would say that despite having the same offensive goals (run the ball, use play action) I think JMU's offense is much better equipped to handle a 2 score deficit than NDSU's is. They know how to pick up the pace offensively and they are good at it (see the end of the Weber game of the end of the first half against SDSU). NDSU's offense has looked lost in the few two minute situations they've been in. Last year's JMU game was almost laughable when NDSU had to use their final timeout of the game on offense with about 2 minutes left down 10 because the communication was so poor the play before Stick was smothered by the pass rush almost immediately after getting the snap.

Bisonator
December 19th, 2017, 02:22 PM
That really is what it boils down. One of these teams may appear to be head and shoulders above the other depending on who's thumping their chest or playing the "woe is us" card but if anyone in the FCS is going to beat them it's the other team in this game.

I would say that despite having the same offensive goals (run the ball, use play action) I think JMU's offense is much better equipped to handle a 2 score deficit than NDSU's is. They know how to pick up the pace offensively and they are good at it (see the end of the Weber game of the end of the first half against SDSU). NDSU's offense has looked lost in the few two minute situations they've been in. Last year's JMU game was almost laughable when NDSU had to use their final timeout of the game on offense with about 2 minutes left down 10 because the communication was so poor the play before Stick was smothered by the pass rush almost immediately after getting the snap.
That may be true but I don't think it necessarily means JMU could blow out NDSU and not vice versa. I think it's going to be a close defensive battle but I'm not dumb enough to say either team couldn't win by 2 or more TD's. Anything can happen.

VandalBasher
December 19th, 2017, 02:57 PM
Bison by three scores.

PurpleStreamers
December 19th, 2017, 03:59 PM

Smart kid from \V/ right here. This is going to be a classic and a treat for fans. The rest is fluffier than the Southland!

mcveyrl
December 19th, 2017, 04:07 PM
That may be true but I don't think it necessarily means JMU could blow out NDSU and not vice versa. I think it's going to be a close defensive battle but I'm not dumb enough to say either team couldn't win by 2 or more TD's. Anything can happen.

Both teams are equally explosive offensively, so to your point both could go: big play/drive for TD, defensive stop, big play/drive for TD and be up two scores. To the extent pace makes that more feasible JMU would have that on its side - but that wouldn’t be a big factor.

POD Knows
December 19th, 2017, 04:20 PM
If the NDSU receivers cannot get separation in tight one on one coverage on the outside, NDSU has a problem. But the cool thing is, it seems like maybe, just freaking maybe, NDSU has figured out how to throw more to the TE, RB's and hell, we even completed a pass to our FB. I like what NDSU is doing on O and they will need to spread the ball around through the air. I wouldn't be surprised to only see one or two completions to our WR's and maybe 5 to 10 to the RB's and 5 or so to our TE's. Our RB's have turned out to be pretty good receivers. Who would have thought.

JayMYou
December 19th, 2017, 05:28 PM
May have been already stated, but this game basically comes down to Schor.

The Bison offense may have improved over last year, but I feel the JMU defense has risen to the same, if not greater degree. So the deciding factor will most likely be the improved NDSU defense against a comparatively depleted JMU offense that has had consistency issues. For JMU, if that gap is larger than the gain from our improved defense we'll lose.

JMU's o-line performance will absolutely influence Schor's performance to some degree, but it all comes down to his ability to make adjustments, elude rushes, make reads, release quickly, throw accurately, convert 3rd/4th downs, and keep the offense humming. He certainly isn't the most physically gifted QB, and he may not have the same level of line and WRs as last year, but he has historically responded well in pressure situations. The offense goes as he goes, even if he isn't the statistical hero, and he usually does whatever it takes to win. Just hope this last game turns out to be another one of his special games.

JayMYou
December 19th, 2017, 05:34 PM

Yeah, as I posted above, if Schor and the JMU offense are ineffective a blowout could happen. Not because the JMU defense is bad, but because the point margin would be exacerbated by few JMU points and our defense on the field for way too long. If a blowout does happen either way it will probably be something like 31-6 versus 65-24. I don't see either of these defenses ever giving up 50+ points, but they are both capable of shutting down an offense.

Schwarz04
December 19th, 2017, 05:49 PM

Why? NDSU's offense is every bit as good as JMU's.

TheKingpin28
December 19th, 2017, 06:03 PM

It's due to the fact that there is too much #MVFCBias in your post and not enough #EastCoastBias

dukesfan4010
December 19th, 2017, 06:19 PM

I agree, but I think JMU is a terrible matchup for NDSU defensively. We will play press man and dare you to beat us with Sticks arm. And honestly, it hasn't worked for any quarterback all year. I'd say Lauletta from Richmond probably had the most success through the air against us, and while I think Stick stacks up with some really good quarterback, I don't think your passing game is like that. Now, if NDSU establishes a solid run game it could get very interesting. Just not sure if they will be able to with the box stacked.

dukesfan4010
December 19th, 2017, 06:26 PM
I think what it will come down to is who can establish the run. Game will absolutely be won in the trenches, as most are.

Southern Bison
December 19th, 2017, 06:41 PM
It's due to the fact that there is too much #MVFCBias in your post and not enough #ElitistSwampSuburbBias

FYP

TennBison
December 19th, 2017, 08:13 PM
not as worried about this game as I was this past weekend. NDSU will have to completely control the game and point of contact, and that is something that hasn't happened under Mike Houston. JMU has the "toughness" of all of these MVFC teams but speed that they don't have. Completely evident in last years game in Fargo, and besides Abdullah, everyone that significantly contributed in that game is another year better. If we consistently stop the run this one won't be close, IMO. Dear lord I hope Easton Stick tries to beat us with his arm.
Oh god now we need to watch out for the East Coast speed.

BisonTru
December 19th, 2017, 08:21 PM

Anyone want to guess who has the number 1 offense in yards per play in the country?

Bison56
December 19th, 2017, 08:23 PM
You're right it's over, it's too bad we have to wait so long for the inevitable.

TennBison
December 19th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Actually, it is better.

Team

G (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=500)

Pts/G

Yds/G (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=524)

PassYds (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=515)

RushYds (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=508)

1stD/G (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=527)

3rdM (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=502)

3rdD% (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=525)

4thM (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=504)

4thD% (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=526)

Pen (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=505)

PenYds (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=506)

TOP (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=528)

Sam Houston St. (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ssa)

10:58

San Diego (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/sbc)

09:36

N. Dak. St. (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/nds)

07:16

Princeton (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/pph)

11:33

South Dakota (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ssk)

10:20

Sacramento St. (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ses)

11:31

Central Arkansas (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/uca)

13:00

S. Dakota St. (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/sds)

08:55

Lehigh (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/llc)

15:34

James Madison (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/jjb)

08:47

Weber St. (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/wwe)

BisonTru
December 19th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Anyone want to guess who has the number 1 offense in yards per play in the country?

Offense

Team
Yards Per Play
National Rank
Yards Per Game
National Rank

North Dakota St. (MVFC) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/493.0/12623)

James Madison (CAA) (http://stats.ncaa.org/team/317.0/12623)

Defense

Team
Yards Per Play
National Rank
Yards Per Game
National Rank

Net Total

Team
Net Yards Per Play
National Rank
Net Yards Per Game
National Rank

cx500d
December 19th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Actually, it is better.

Team

G (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=500)

Pts/G

Yds/G (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=524)

PassYds (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=515)

RushYds (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=508)

1stD/G (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=527)

3rdM (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=502)

3rdD% (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=525)

4thM (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=504)

4thD% (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=526)

Pen (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=505)

PenYds (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=506)

TOP (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&cat2=Total&conference=I-AA_all&year=2017&sort=528)

Sam Houston St. (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ssa)

10:58

San Diego (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/sbc)

09:36

N. Dak. St. (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/nds)

07:16

Princeton (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/pph)

11:33

South Dakota (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ssk)

10:20

Sacramento St. (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ses)

11:31

Central Arkansas (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/uca)

13:00

S. Dakota St. (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/sds)

08:55

Lehigh (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/llc)

15:34

James Madison (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/jjb)

08:47

Weber St. (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/wwe)

I think we had some serious cupcake stats plussing our numbers up though....

mcveyrl
December 19th, 2017, 09:11 PM
I think we had some serious cupcake stats plussing our numbers up though....

Yea, just imagine if we got to play SDSU every week!

X-Factor
December 19th, 2017, 09:19 PM

I don’t think SDSU has enough quarterbacks to deal with that 😂

cx500d
December 19th, 2017, 09:21 PM

I was thinking more on the level of MVSU and Robert Morris. SDSU kicked our ass.