PDA

View Full Version : Which matchup would you like to see in Frisco?

TypicalTribe
December 14th, 2017, 11:58 AM
NDSU/JMU - Bison try to take back the title and avenge last year's semifinal defeat
NDSU/SDSU - MVFC title for the 2nd time in recent finals history. Can the Jacks beat the Bison twice?
SHSU/JMU - Sammy has to do better than 65-7 playing in Texas, right?
SHSU/SDSU - The upset special. Someone goes home with their first title.

To me, the first one is the sexiest matchup with championship experience on both sides but there's also something fun about a final where someone will walk away with a trophy for the first time. I don't love conference matchups in a title game, but would be interesting to see if an MVFC foe can finally stop a Bison title charge. Dukes/Bearkats is hardest to get excited about coming off last year's beatdown.

TheKingpin28
December 14th, 2017, 12:02 PM
I have said it once and I will say it again, SDSU @ NDSU (since the game is at Fargo South). I'd like to see JMU in Frisco if the Bison make it, but nothing would make me happier than the chance to avenge the loss this season and break the hearts of the bunnies.

ST_Lawson
December 14th, 2017, 12:03 PM
I'm a MVFC homer...I'd like to see NDSU vs SDSU, but I can't deny that I think NDSU vs JMU would be a great game. Either of those should be really exciting to watch.

Silenoz
December 14th, 2017, 12:03 PM
SDSU and SHSU, first title and fresh matchup

Bisonator
December 14th, 2017, 12:07 PM
I want the JMU and NDSU rematch! Would be nice to end another undefeated teams season and their winning streak in the championship like 2011.:D

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2017, 12:16 PM
I want the JMU and NDSU rematch! Would be nice to end another undefeated teams season and their winning streak in the championship like 2011.:D
Agreed. I'll take any opponent as long as the Bison make it there but my preference would be to see them have a chance at retribution against JMU. SDSU's reckoning at the hands of the Bison can wait until next year... and if JMU wins the title again this year there's a chance they break NDSU's FCS record 33 game win streak.

IBleedYellow
December 14th, 2017, 12:26 PM
NDSU vs anyone.

As always.

PantherRob82
December 14th, 2017, 12:35 PM
NDSU-SDSU or NDSU-JMU.

WileECoyote06
December 14th, 2017, 12:38 PM
I'mma buck the trends and say JMU vs SHSU. This would be a revenge game as well. It'd be nice to see a team that's been as nationally competitive and relevant as long as Sam Houston State has been doing this, break through and get their first title. Unlikely, but it'd be nice.

Doest SHSU vs anyone sell out Frisco?xconfusedx

mcveyrl
December 14th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Agreed. I'll take any opponent as long as the Bison make it there but my preference would be to see them have a chance at retribution against JMU. SDSU's reckoning at the hands of the Bison can wait until next year... and if JMU wins the title again this year there's a chance they break NDSU's FCS record 33 game win streak.

Well, at the risk of looking ahead - because we have two tough games to even get to that discussion - we play a surprisingly good NC State team next year with a new QB. That’s probably where the streak ends even if we pull it off this year.

Gangtackle11
December 14th, 2017, 12:39 PM
The rematch of NDSU-JMU.

wapiti
December 14th, 2017, 02:56 PM
SDSU and SHSU, first title and fresh matchup

I second this.

PurpleStreamers
December 14th, 2017, 03:00 PM
I'mma buck the trends and say JMU vs SHSU. This would be a revenge game as well. It'd be nice to see a team that's been as nationally competitive and relevant as long as Sam Houston State has been doing this, break through and get their first title. Unlikely, but it'd be nice.

Doest SHSU vs anyone sell out Frisco?xconfusedx

Sam vs. JMU maybe, but otherwise Sam actually looks like the weakest of the four for attendance despite being in Texas based on their showings the last couple of weeks. Obviously NDSU is the top dog on Frisco attendance. JMU's a close second but would be interesting to see if fans are as willing to "run it back" as NDSU fans have been during this run. SDSU had really weak home playoff attendance, but seems like they have a hungry base that would relish a trip to Frisco, especially if it's against the Bison. Basically, NDSU vs. anyone is a sellout. NDSU vs. JMU is a ticket scramble like FCS has never seen. SHSU vs. SDSU is the only really iffy attendance matchup possible.

Bearkat04
December 14th, 2017, 03:00 PM
Shsu vs Jmu. To get the respect we want we gotta beat the best. If we win the natty this year vs JMU it would be bc we also beat ndsu. Eat'em up Kats

BisonTru
December 14th, 2017, 03:01 PM
NDSU vs. JMU....

Let's take the title back from those who took it.

AmsterBison
December 14th, 2017, 03:04 PM
NDSU vs anyone.

As always.

NDSU vs the Runner-Up is the one I want to see.

Twentysix
December 14th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Xdsu duh

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Grizzlies82
December 14th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Does SHSU vs anyone sell out Frisco?xconfusedx

Looking at who is still left, it is a safe bet there won't be a sell out unless No Dakota St is in the game.
That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a few empty seats at this year's championship...

BEAR
December 14th, 2017, 04:15 PM
NDSU v. SDSU.

I see the wabbits taking it.

POD Knows
December 14th, 2017, 04:49 PM
NDSU V SDSU, only because I want the ticket prices to go down because the dumb assed fans from SDSU that won't even bother to go to a home playoff game, how the hell are they going to get out of bed to go the Frisco. It will be 80% NDSU fans, bring it.

BisonTru
December 14th, 2017, 04:59 PM
Looking at who is still left, it is a safe bet there won't be a sell out unless No Dakota St is in the game.
That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a few empty seats at this year's championship...

JMU bought up most of YSU's gifted tickets. Sammy had a good showing both times in Frisco and that was competing with any NDSU fans for available tickets.

This game is already sold out and it will be mostly full regardless of who makes it.

Daytripper
December 14th, 2017, 05:50 PM

I think SHSU/JMU would sell out also. The only non-sell out match up would be SHSU/SDSU. Even with that SHSU would fill 50-75% of the stadium, I think.

ASU33
December 14th, 2017, 07:09 PM
NDSU vs. SDSU or NDSU vs JMU

Professor Chaos
December 14th, 2017, 07:41 PM
A kind of interesting scheduling quirk this year is that 3 of the 4 semifinalists didn't play an FBS game. JMU was the only one that did.

Twentysix
December 14th, 2017, 11:19 PM
A kind of interesting scheduling quirk this year is that 3 of the 4 semifinalists didn't play an FBS game. JMU was the only one that did.I wish we did :(

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2017, 05:57 AM
NDSU V SDSU, only because I want the ticket prices to go down because the dumb assed fans from SDSU that won't even bother to go to a home playoff game, how the hell are they going to get out of bed to go the Frisco. It will be 80% NDSU fans, bring it.

Probably 90% Bison fans....xnodx

RabidRabbit
December 15th, 2017, 07:53 AM
I’d like to see a SxSU final. It would show that Offensive minded teams can beat defensive teams, the final score may approach 100 total points, and it would be wildly entertaining. Plus it would guarantee another new champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUPharmacist
December 15th, 2017, 08:09 AM
XDSU, I always enjoy the rubber match.

Outsider1
December 15th, 2017, 08:48 AM
SHSU vs SDSU, need to see fresh blood and an exciting game. Bison need castrated a little.

Bison56
December 15th, 2017, 08:53 AM
I would like to see the 2 best teams play a good game.

kdinva
December 15th, 2017, 12:04 PM
NDSU or JMU vs. Cleveland Browns....

Bisonator
December 15th, 2017, 12:42 PM
SHSU vs SDSU, need to see fresh blood and an exciting game. Bison need castrated a little.
xeekx:(xsmhxxbawlingxxmadxxflamemadxxpissedx

footballer23
December 15th, 2017, 01:02 PM
NDSU - JMU... revenge + 2 great fan bases

Outsider1
December 15th, 2017, 01:38 PM
xeekx:(xsmhxxbawlingxxmadxxflamemadxxpissedx

Sorry Bisonator, couldn't resist. Ya'll just have too many trophies in the cabinet :)

Bisonator
December 15th, 2017, 02:00 PM
Sorry Bisonator, couldn't resist. Ya'll just have too many trophies in the cabinet :)
I get it. Just never heard of a little castrated. Is that only one nut?xlolx

OldKat95
December 15th, 2017, 02:02 PM
SHSU v SDSU. Proud Sam Alum AND parent, plus I have a cousin whose daughter (I guess she's my cousin too then!) is on the dance team at South Dakota and would love to see them!

Vandal03
December 15th, 2017, 02:34 PM
SDSU vs SHSU I want a fan base to experience its first title. Any of the possible matchups is exciting.

Outsider1
December 15th, 2017, 02:40 PM
I get it. Just never heard of a little castrated. Is that only one nut?xlolx

Well, you should be able to have a chance for a trophy again sometime in the future ;)

Serpentor
December 15th, 2017, 03:51 PM
I would like to see the 2 best teams play a good game.

Blasphemy! That type of even-keeled reasoning has no place on a sports forum!

SHSU vs. SDSU for some fresh blood.

Outsider1
December 15th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Blasphemy! That type of even-keeled reasoning has no place on a sports forum!

SHSU vs. SDSU for some fresh blood.

xeyebrowxxsmiley_wix