View Full Version : CAA Offseason News & Notes

Pages : 1 [2]

Gangtackle11
August 17th, 2018, 04:00 PM
Maine preview: https://mobile.twitter.com/caafootball/status/1030471804010127361

cx500d
August 17th, 2018, 05:41 PM
Maine preview: https://mobile.twitter.com/caafootball/status/1030471804010127361

Too bad josh Mack took what was at best a lateral transfer....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccd494
August 18th, 2018, 06:37 AM
Too bad josh Mack took what was at best a lateral transfer....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter. Maine is obviously not trying to win at football. Have you seen this year's schedule?

8/30 UNH (Thursday game- no students on campus yet)
9/8 @WKU
9/22 @ Central Michigan
9/29 @ Yale
10/6 VILLANOVA (fall break- no students on campus)
10/13 @ Rhode Island
10/20 @ William and Mary
10/27 ALBANY
11/3 @ Towson
11/10 @ Richmond
11/17 ELON

That is FOUR home games total... and only two with school in session. If you are an incoming freshman, you won't see Maine play until October 27. The earlier games always draw better, because it gets cold and dark in November. So, attendance is going to be in the crapper all year. Add in the HUGE gap between the opener and the second home game (a whole month!), there being no Saturday game until October AND UNH being on a Thursday in August, and the whole thing is a joke for fan friendliness.

Then, if the goal is the FCS playoffs (which is dumb to begin with but whatever), scheduling 2 FBS games per year means Maine either needs to win an FBS game or go 7-2 at worst against the FCS portion of the schedule with the only FCS losses being to top teams. If Maine loses to UNH and the two FBS teams, then has it go sideways against Yale, the season could be over before the average fan has a chance to see the team play at home.

Good job, good effort Maine athletic program. If Maine needs two FBS games to sustain the program, they should just cut it.

KPSUL
August 18th, 2018, 09:23 AM
Doesn't matter. Maine is obviously not trying to win at football. Have you seen this year's schedule?

8/30 UNH (Thursday game- no students on campus yet)
9/8 @WKU
9/22 @ Central Michigan
9/29 @ Yale
10/6 VILLANOVA (fall break- no students on campus)
10/13 @ Rhode Island
10/20 @ William and Mary
10/27 ALBANY
11/3 @ Towson
11/10 @ Richmond
11/17 ELON

That is FOUR home games total... and only two with school in session. If you are an incoming freshman, you won't see Maine play until October 27. The earlier games always draw better, because it gets cold and dark in November. So, attendance is going to be in the crapper all year. Add in the HUGE gap between the opener and the second home game (a whole month!), there being no Saturday game until October AND UNH being on a Thursday in August, and the whole thing is a joke for fan friendliness.

Then, if the goal is the FCS playoffs (which is dumb to begin with but whatever), scheduling 2 FBS games per year means Maine either needs to win an FBS game or go 7-2 at worst against the FCS portion of the schedule with the only FCS losses being to top teams. If Maine loses to UNH and the two FBS teams, then has it go sideways against Yale, the season could be over before the average fan has a chance to see the team play at home.

Good job, good effort Maine athletic program. If Maine needs two FBS games to sustain the program, they should just cut it.

What's the Fall Break on Oct 6th? Do they make all the students and faculty help harvest potatoes ?

Gangtackle11
August 18th, 2018, 09:33 AM
What's the Fall Break on Oct 6th? Do they make all the students and faculty help harvest potatoes ?

Moose races.....

ccd494
August 18th, 2018, 10:31 AM

Because that is when Columbus Day is this year. UNH's is the same weekend.

Gangtackle11
August 18th, 2018, 11:28 AM
Took in Nova’s intrasquad scrimmage in Ocean City, NJ yesterday. It’s hard to get a great read on the team because the 1st team wasn’t on the field much. When they were the offense looked very good. QB Zach Bednarczyk looked sharp connecting on several long plays and accurate on short/medium routes.

FG kicker has 45+ yard range easily & that’s promising.

Defense had 2 starting LBs watching. Defense looks to continue to be tough to run on. Secondary has some holes and didn’t have a very good day. DC will need to dial up pressure on QBs. Teams that can throw & get the time will have their way with Nova from what I saw yesterday.

Good to see Villanova BB coach Jay Wright out supporting the football team also.

Temple will be a tall task for Nova on the 1st. We’ll see what the FCS schedule brings. I’m cautiously optimistic that Nova will find a way to return to the playoffs, but the road won’t be easy. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
August 18th, 2018, 12:14 PM
nice report GT, too bad Delaware didnt get the Memo about being able to throw the ball, Wade the transfer from Boston College must either be in Pet Rocco's dog house or just not be any good..... he's got 12 days to get it together

melloware13
August 19th, 2018, 12:00 AM
I'm going to restart the Pick'em for the fall (summer finally wound down in time). I won't be able to reply between Tuesday evening and the morning of the 30th as of now, which is why it's going up early.

CenMEBlackBearFan
August 20th, 2018, 08:01 AM

Wouldn't expect anyone in NH to know where potatoes come from or when they are harvested as that would be the end of August.xdrunkyx

Gangtackle11
August 20th, 2018, 12:54 PM
UNH preview:

https://twitter.com/caafootball/status/1031557712482451456?s=21 (https://twitter.com/caafootball/status/1031557712482451456?s=21)

Gangtackle11
August 21st, 2018, 01:28 PM
Rhody preview:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CAAFootball/status/1031919480975159296/video/1

Gangtackle11
August 22nd, 2018, 11:28 AM
Richmond preview:

https://mobile.twitter.com/caafootball/status/1032281893293547521

Anthony215
August 22nd, 2018, 01:12 PM
So what happened to Darius Wade being the starter after transferring down from Boston College? I see he's running with the 3's right now? Is this just a prove you're better than the other guys tactic or was he not as good as advertised?

Gangtackle11
August 22nd, 2018, 02:51 PM
So what happened to Darius Wade being the starter after transferring down from Boston College? I see he's running with the 3's right now? Is this just a prove you're better than the other guys tactic or was he not as good as advertised?

Delaware announced today that Pat Kehoe is the starter. He beat out both FBS transfers for the time being. xpeacex

Derby City Duke
August 22nd, 2018, 09:22 PM
Not that much different than @ JMU in summer '16. Coach Houston brought in Connor Mitch, who had started briefly at South Carolina -- no way an SEC QB would ride the bench, right? Brian Schor picked up his game and Mitch very rarely took a live snap before leaving the program. That xfer paid handsome dividends for the Dukes the past 2 seasons...xnodx

caribbeanhen
August 23rd, 2018, 04:54 AM

apparently he thought he would automatically be named the starter and/or just doesnt care that much

Pat Kehoe was the most consistant QB in camp from the start

Caurso, who became the starter last year, had off season surgery and still is still fighthing thru that shoulder injury

Anthony215
August 23rd, 2018, 08:51 AM
apparently he thought he would automatically be named the starter and/or just doesnt care that much

Pat Kehoe was the most consistant QB in camp from the start

Caurso, who became the starter last year, had off season surgery and still is still fighthing thru that shoulder injury

I wonder how much Delaware would have been last season if they had played Kehoe over Caruso & Walker allowing Walker to become a fulltime WR all of last season. May have been the difference in a game or two helping them clinch a playoff spot. I wonder if Wade will stick it out through the season or if he'll bail out since he already holds his Bachelors Degree from BC. Obviously a pro QB spot isn't in his cards if he can't nail down the starting QB position at a FCS school.

Gangtackle11
August 23rd, 2018, 10:47 AM
Stony Brook preview:

https://mobile.twitter.com/caafootball/status/1032644262007959552

UAalum72
August 23rd, 2018, 09:36 PM
Albany announced that Vince Testaverde will be the starting QB vs. Pitt
https://dailygazette.com/article/2018/08/23/testaverde-to-start-for-ualbany-football

Tribe4SF
August 24th, 2018, 05:13 AM
Tribe has named Shon Mitchell as starting QB.

RootinFerDukes
August 24th, 2018, 06:12 AM
JMU’s starting LS left the program. He was a preseason all American.

Derby City Duke
August 24th, 2018, 10:50 AM
JMU’s starting LS left the program. He was a preseason all American.

???? What's the back story? Hadn't seen this.

RootinFerDukes
August 24th, 2018, 11:07 AM
???? What's the back story? Hadn't seen this.

Left for personal reasons. That's all they'll say to the media. rFr Davis is now the knew LS starter. He's been getting first team reps.

Derby City Duke
August 24th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Left for personal reasons. That's all they'll say to the media. rFr Davis is now the knew LS starter. He's been getting first team reps.

xthumbsupx

hengeek
August 24th, 2018, 04:20 PM
Towson preview:

https://mobile.twitter.com/caafootball/status/1032734804897222657

Looks like a link Stony Brook.

Here's a link to Towson...

http://www.caasports.com/news/2018/8/22/football-caafb-12-teams-in-12-days-towson-preview.aspx

caribbeanhen
August 25th, 2018, 07:00 AM
I wonder how much Delaware would have been last season if they had played Kehoe over Caruso & Walker allowing Walker to become a fulltime WR all of last season. May have been the difference in a game or two helping them clinch a playoff spot. I wonder if Wade will stick it out through the season or if he'll bail out since he already holds his Bachelors Degree from BC. Obviously a pro QB spot isn't in his cards if he can't nail down the starting QB position at a FCS school.

I guess we will know the answer soon, Walker was out after game 4 as the starting QB replaced by Caruso who was banged up against Stony Brook

The real question for me is .. Why did Rocco not get a QB to replace Walker long before the start of the 2017 season... the Defense Delaware had last year was to good to waste but it was wasted for lack of any offense

The next question is why did Rocco bring Wade in again? easy to second guess now, but from afar sure seems they didnt to the homework on Wade..... Brock could of produced these questionable results for alot cheaper ...... haha

So you can call it a balsy move going with Kehoe, who has handed off a few times in his 2 years at Delaware

scouting report is Kehoe throws a nice long ball, a lefty, inconsistant.... but has a little something that people like

Gangtackle11
August 25th, 2018, 08:07 AM
I guess we will know the answer soon, Walker was out after game 4 as the starting QB replaced by Caruso who was banged up against Stony Brook

The real question for me is .. Why did Rocco not get a QB to replace Walker long before the start of the 2017 season... the Defense Delaware had last year was to good to waste but it was wasted for lack of any offense

The next question is why did Rocco bring Wade in again? easy to second guess now, but from afar sure seems they didnt to the homework on Wade..... Brock could of produced these questionable results for alot cheaper ...... haha

So you can call it a balsy move going with Kehoe, who has handed off a few times in his 2 years at Delaware

scouting report is Kehoe throws a nice long ball, a lefty, inconsistant.... but has a little something that people like

The funny thing about FBS transfers are they are transferring for a reason. The biggest one is they can’t play well enough at the FBS level. I’d say 1 out of 3 come to FCS and produce at all albeit significantly. Everyone gets all excited because the kid was a 3 star recruit 3-4 years ago. That’s ancient history in college football.

Maybe Rocco concocts a bunch package with Walker, Wade, & Caruso spread wide. GL to the Kehoe kid. He persevered and appears to have stepped up. I still like my Rhody upset prediction. xpeacex

Seriously, good luck c-hen to your dirty filthy birds this season. I’m hoping my Cats have something to play for besides pride when we hit New-ark in November. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
August 25th, 2018, 08:35 AM
The funny thing about FBS transfers are they are transferring for a reason. The biggest one is they can’t play well enough at the FBS level. I’d say 1 out of 3 come to FCS and produce at all albeit significantly. Everyone gets all excited because the kid was a 3 star recruit 3-4 years ago. That’s ancient history in college football.

Maybe Rocco concocts a bunch package with Walker, Wade, & Caruso spread wide. GL to the Kehoe kid. He persevered and appears to have stepped up. I still like my Rhody upset prediction. xpeacex

Seriously, good luck c-hen to your dirty filthy birds this season. I’m hoping my Cats have something to play for besides pride when we hit New-ark in November. xpeacex

GT, the only dirty filthy Birds you will see this year are in Philly....... Beat the Temple Owls!

Gangtackle11
August 25th, 2018, 10:43 AM
GT, the only dirty filthy Birds you will see this year are in Philly....... Beat the Temple Owls!

Tall order. Get out healthy for the FCS/CAA gauntlet. GL vs. Rhody. I think they will give you a game. I’ll be watching. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
August 25th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Tall order. Get out healthy for the FCS/CAA gauntlet. GL vs. Rhody. I think they will give you a game. I’ll be watching. xpeacex

I think they will give us all we can handle, I'm hoping I'll be watching on Collegesportslive.....

Gangtackle11
August 25th, 2018, 12:01 PM
I think they will give us all we can handle, I'm hoping I'll be watching on Collegesportslive.....

Or you’ll methodically tear them apart. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
August 25th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Or you’ll methodically tear them apart. xpeacex

methodically.... good word for our offense....

Gangtackle11
August 27th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Villanova preview:

https://mobile.twitter.com/caafootball/status/1034099040168730624

Gangtackle11
August 28th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Last, but not least:

W&M preview:

https://mobile.twitter.com/caafootball/status/1034461573442457600