PDA

View Full Version : Classic Change

ASU33
December 13th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Hampton vs Tennessee State was originally supposed to be the Circle City Classic game up in Indianapolis next year but it was announced officially today that The 2018 Circle City Classic will be Bethune-Cookman vs Howard. Looks like Tennessee State vs Hampton will be the Chicago Classic game.

PantherRob82
December 13th, 2017, 07:52 PM
Hampton vs Tennessee State was originally supposed to be the Circle City Classic game up in Indianapolis next year but it was announced officially today that The 2018 Circle City Classic will be Bethune-Cookman vs Howard. Looks like Tennessee State vs Hampton will be the Chicago Classic game.

What will that atmosphere be like in Chicago? Will those teams draw well?

ASU33
December 13th, 2017, 08:24 PM
What will that atmosphere be like in Chicago? Will those teams draw well?

Chicago Classic atmosphere is pretty good. Classics in the mid-west draw pretty well because those cities are full HBCU alums but there's no HBCUs nearby. Both Hampton and Tennessee State will draw well in Chicago. If I had to pick between the two I would pick the Circle City Classic. The Circle City Classic will draw a bigger crowd and its smack dab in the middle of Black Expo Weekend in Indianapolis so downtown is full of festivals parades and good food! Circle City Classic will draw 45-50k while the Chicago Classic will get around 35-37k

PantherRob82
December 14th, 2017, 06:02 AM
Chicago Classic atmosphere is pretty good. Classics in the mid-west draw pretty well because those cities are full HBCU alums but there's no HBCUs nearby. Both Hampton and Tennessee State will draw well in Chicago. If I had to pick between the two I would pick the Circle City Classic. The Circle City Classic will draw a bigger crowd and its smack dab in the middle of Black Expo Weekend in Indianapolis so downtown is full of festivals parades and good food! Circle City Classic will draw 45-50k while the Chicago Classic will get around 35-37k

Honestly, Indianapolis isn’t a terrible drive from here so I will have to keep them both in mind.

GAD
December 14th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Good to see Classics back in the Mid-west these games help bring in so many new students.

PantherRob82
December 14th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Good to see Classics back in the Mid-west these games help bring in so many new students.

I know I met a NCCU grad on the el once. He was wearing a NCCU hat and was shocked I knew who they were. My daughter loves marching bands and football so I thought taking her to a classic would be a blast.

cx500d
December 16th, 2017, 05:05 PM

What makes all these games a "Classic?"

PantherRob82
December 16th, 2017, 06:25 PM
What makes all these games a "Classic?"
Probably the same thing that makes golf tournament classic

cx500d
December 16th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Probably the same thing that makes golf tournament classic

Beer and Broads?