PDA

View Full Version : Your Team's Geographic Roster

ElCid
December 10th, 2017, 10:57 PM
Not sure I have seen this topic in a while. It was discussed in another thread briefly. I find it interesting to see where teams are recruiting their players from.

If you have it handy for your team, please post.

We are obviously heavy from the SE and obviously SC as we are a state school, but we have a few from other states as well. We always seem to have a few from Alabama and Pennsylvania.

The Citadel's roster this year broken down by state.

South Carolina - 43
Georgia - 28
Florida - 6
North Carolina - 5
Alabama - 4
Texas - 4
Pennsylvania -3
Tennessee - 2
New York - 2
Louisiana - 1
Michigan - 1
Virginia - 1
West Virginia - 1

BisonTru
December 10th, 2017, 11:14 PM
NDSU

Minnesota

North Dakota

Wisconsin

Florida

South Dakota

Nebraska

Illinois

Missouri

California

Iowa

Kansas

Colorado

Indiana

Michigan

Wyoming

BisonTru
December 10th, 2017, 11:36 PM
NDSU mapped out

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26730&stc=1

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26731&stc=1

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26732&stc=1

ElCid
December 10th, 2017, 11:38 PM
NDSU

Minnesota

North Dakota

Wisconsin

Florida

South Dakota

Nebraska

Illinois

Missouri

California

Iowa

Kansas

Colorado

Indiana

Michigan

Wyoming

The one that surprises me a little is Florida. It is a football producing machine though. I guess the other is that as a state school you have more from Minnesota than ND. I know it probably makes sense to you being from there. It sort of makes sense since ND is pretty sparse and it being right there across the Red. Not been up there much.

BisonTru
December 11th, 2017, 12:27 AM
The one that surprises me a little is Florida. It is a football producing machine though. I guess the other is that as a state school you have more from Minnesota than ND. I know it probably makes sense to you being from there. It sort of makes sense since ND is pretty sparse and it being right there across the Red. Not been up there much.

One of our coaches is from Florida and has some connections down there. Florida has been kind of our hotspot outside of the midwest. Two of our players from FL had their parents move up here during the season to watch them play. It also helps with the national titles and such too. We got a QB out of Florida that I would say with Wentz's draft hype and in the process learning about our pro style system and success was a big reason he came and otherwise might not of even looked at a school from the frozen north.

I'm originally from ND, western ND. I've spent a little over half my life on the ND/MT border and a little under and all my adult life on the ND/MN border. On Minnesota they have almost 7 times the population of ND. That and where I'm originally from is three hours farther than Minneapolis is to Fargo.

melloware13
December 11th, 2017, 02:06 AM
Delaware:
Delaware - 29
Pennsylvania - 28
New Jersey - 21
Maryland - 12
Virginia - 7
New York - 7
Florida - 3
Connecticut - 3
Washington DC - 1
South Carolina - 1
Texas - 1

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 11th, 2017, 02:08 AM
For the JMU Dukes:

VA - 64
NC - 15
MD - 11
NJ - 5
PA - 5
GA - 4
SC - 3
FL - 2
OH - 1
NY - 1
Australia - 1

PaladinFan
December 11th, 2017, 05:44 AM

There are a lot of northern teams that recruit the stew out of Florida.

Florida has a population of (last I checked) over 21 million. It's a good place to look.

Milktruck74
December 11th, 2017, 05:46 AM
The Mocs are

50- TN (Expected state school)
26- GA (the Chattanooga City limits is the GA state line)
14- AL (Only 25 miles to the AL state line)
4-FL
1-CA
1- AR
1- CO
1- KY
1 - Brazil

I think it is rather interesting that we have nobody from NC or SC, NC is really close and SC is not that far away. I fully expect Coach Arth and company to head into OH and hit some of those areas they have been cultivating over the past 5 years, but at the end of the day, we are an FCS team with a limited travel/recruiting budget...our bread and butter is east TN and north GA.

Daytripper
December 11th, 2017, 05:50 AM
NDSU

Minnesota

North Dakota

Wisconsin

Florida

South Dakota

Nebraska

Illinois

Missouri

California

Iowa

Kansas

Colorado

Indiana

Michigan

Wyoming

Seems I remember you guys usually have a Texas kid or two...

Daytripper
December 11th, 2017, 05:56 AM
SHSU:

Texas - 87
Louisiana - 3
Florida - 3
Oklahoma 2
North Carolina - 1
Kansas - 1

I'm basing it on where they went to high school. Some went to high school in Texas, left to play out of state, then came back.

JSUSoutherner
December 11th, 2017, 06:15 AM
Alabama-74
Georgia- 15
Florida- 5
Tennessee- 2
SC- 2
California- 2
Louisiana- 1
Texas- 1
Maryland- 1
Australia- 1

Around 93 of them live within three hours of JSU.

Because everyone on our roster is a transfer from somewhere else, obviously.

dewey
December 11th, 2017, 06:36 AM
Seems I remember you guys usually have a Texas kid or two...

Usually we do but if I remember correctly the coach that had connections there left and we now don't have connections there.

Hey other Bison fans do I remember that right?

Dewey

ElCid
December 11th, 2017, 06:49 AM
SHSU:

Texas - 87
Louisiana - 3
Florida - 3
Oklahoma 2
North Carolina - 1
Kansas - 1

I'm basing it on where they went to high school. Some went to high school in Texas, left to play out of state, then came back.

I realize Texas is like a whole other country, but wow. Texas heavy. More than I would have expected from a successful program.xthumbsupx That isn't a knock on Texas players, they have a huge amount. I just mean I would have thought you went further afield to get the cream as well.

PaladinNation
December 11th, 2017, 06:57 AM
Furman always recruits Georgia heavy… no surprise being a private school. The biggest issue in state for Furman has always been academics. For Furman to improve athletically and continue to compete at a higher level, Furman will need to continue to recruit Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee.

GA - 29
SC - 22
NC - 13
TN - 10
FL - 7

AL - 7
OH - 1
MO - 1
VA - 1
MASS - 1

I would expect the Tennessee number to jump. 9-10 commits so far for 2018, state breakdown:
GA -3
TN - 3
SC - 1
NC -1
AL - 1
FL -1

ElCid
December 11th, 2017, 07:06 AM
I'm originally from ND, western ND. I've spent a little over half my life on the ND/MT border and a little under and all my adult life on the ND/MN border. On Minnesota they have almost 7 times the population of ND. That and where I'm originally from is three hours farther than Minneapolis is to Fargo.

Half your adult life? What, like three years? I kid, I kid! Almost got stationed in Minot. Had a buddy who was. Seemed a bit off the beaten track when I was up there temporarily back in the 80s. That close by to the homestead? I actually like that rural life, but my wife likes civilization. Yeah the Minnesota thing makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Elvis was a Bison
December 11th, 2017, 07:08 AM
NDSU

Minnesota

North Dakota

Wisconsin

Florida

South Dakota

Nebraska

Illinois

Missouri

California

Iowa

Kansas

Colorado

Indiana

Michigan

Wyoming

You might have expected a Canadian or two, given the proximity to the Great White North, but they choose the Fawkers because they have teh hockies.

kalm
December 11th, 2017, 07:19 AM
WA 77
CA 13
OR 5
ID 2
NY 1
NV 1
AZ 1
MT 1

We canvas WA and I like seeing the kids from the small towns. Vancouver, WA is a hot bed and we seem to always pick up a few from Portland and Boise. We struggled with Spokane for awhile but that changed under Baldwin and we get a surprising amount of local kids on the roster now.

Iridebikes
December 11th, 2017, 07:21 AM
WA 77
CA 13
OR 5
ID 2
NY 1
NV 1
AZ 1
MT 1

We canvas WA and I like seeing the kids from the small towns. Vancouver, WA is a hot bed and we seem to always pick up a few from Portland and Boise.

Thanks KALM. I knew we liked to try to get the instate kids but we're doing better than I thought.

Daytripper
December 11th, 2017, 07:26 AM
I realize Texas is like a whole other country, but wow. Texas heavy. More than I would have expected from a successful program.xthumbsupx That isn't a knock on Texas players, they have a huge amount. I just mean I would have thought you went further afield to get the cream as well.

It started with Willie Fritz. The strategy is to draw a 3-4 hour drive radius around Huntsville and recruit that like crazy.

ElCid
December 11th, 2017, 07:29 AM
It started with Willie Fritz. The strategy is to draw a 3-4 hour drive radius around Huntsville and recruit that like crazy.

Helps with attendance for families and general buzz I guess. Kids close to home might be happier as well. But I was happy to be 13 hours away from home at school.

DFW HOYA
December 11th, 2017, 08:03 AM
FL: 15
GA: 9
TX: 8
NJ: 7
MD: 7
VA: 7
PA: 6
LA: 5
MA: 4
MO: 3
NY: 3
OH: 3
CO: 2
CT: 2
AR: 1
AZ: 1
HI: 1
IN: 1
MS: 1
NC: 1

Just 14 local kids on a roster of 91, and none from DC. Lots of reasons why (admissions, for one), but such is the story of a 1-10 team that garners little interest among the area's top HS recruits.

Also of interest: the loss of NY State kids which used to make up 20 or more on the roster. Just three on the 2017 roster, two of which went to high school out of state.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2017, 08:26 AM
Usually we do but if I remember correctly the coach that had connections there left and we now don't have connections there.

Hey other Bison fans do I remember that right?

Dewey
The Texas recruiting pipeline dried up for NDSU a while ago IIRC. I think the last guys from Texas that really contributed were DJ McNorton and Warren Holloway who both last played in 2011 (but both were fantastic players). Same with Arizona, NDSU used to get a few players a year out of there as well a few years back (I think SDSU still does). I think they had problems with attrition with players from both states and the coaches who had connections there left so they never got back into those places.

I've been pleasantly surprised at how the Florida kids have not only stuck but, for the most part, all turned into really good players. It says a lot about how NDSU's national exposure over the last few years has helped get those kids out of recruiting hotbeds that want to come up here and stick around rather than kids who just come because it's the best option they have at the time and end up leaving early.

Panthers1995
December 11th, 2017, 09:37 AM
UNI
Iowa- 61
Illinois- 6
Wisconsin- 4
Kansas- 6
Missouri- 5
Minnesota- 10
Michigan- 1
Georgia- 1
Nebraska- 3
Florida- 2
Texas- 1
New York 1

ST_Lawson
December 11th, 2017, 09:41 AM
IL - 37
MO - 9
IN - 8
IA - 7
WI - 6
OH - 4
MN - 3
PA - 3
TN - 3
GA - 2
MI - 2
TX - 2
AZ - 1
FL - 1
MD - 1
VA - 1

Obviously we're going to have most of our players from IL...6th most populous state and...we're here. As expected, quite a few guys from neighboring states...Missouri, Indiana, Iowa, and Wisconsin mostly. St. Louis is actually the closest "metro area" to us at about 3 hours away and 7 of our 9 Missouri guys are from the St. Louis area. 8 players are listed as being specifically from Chicago (not suburbs...just Chicago). The vast majority of our IL players are from the Chicago area including the suburbs. Although, some of our best players are from small towns:
Brett Taylor - Macomb native
Jaelon Acklin - Mountain View, MO (tiny town in southern Missouri...not far from the Ozarks...population less than 3k)
Jacob Judd - Clinton, IA (river town of ~25k)

Senior Aaron Diggs is the last of our AZ connection that Coach Nielson's staff has (in 2014 we had 8 from AZ and 3 from CA originally...8 of those 11 players had played at a Phoenix-area JUCO).

We've started much more strongly recruiting to the south and east with Coach Fisher. He's gotten some transfers from schools to the east of us (guys from Bowling Green, Liberty, etc.). We have three guys from TN now (two from Memphis, one from Cookeville), when we didn't have any before. We also have had a big push into the Minneapolis metro area. Twin cities are ~7 hours away for us.

I have a map of our player's hometowns over the last three years here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pj15yywKvpE7D7pl7s3f7L508tQPFzRf&usp=sharing
You can turn off the individual year's rosters with the checkboxes on the left side of the layer names if you'd like to see how it's changed over time. Only downside is that it stacks people from the same town, so you can't see all 8 of our players from Chicago, but it still gives you an idea.

EDIT - I redid the 2017 roster with it instead mapping their individual High Schools, so it helps split out multiple players from a big city (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uF_HnWW7IJsJ1U3SnIJdNhSDfeBLMoVi&usp=sharing). Doesn't help if there's still multiple from the same HS. For example: Crete-Monee HS...alma mater of current players Clint Ratkovich and Lavall McNulty, Jr., as well as former WIU star and current Cowboys Practice Squad WR Lance Lenior (http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/players/roster/lance-lenoir), Lance's younger brother Landon (a WR at SIU) (http://siusalukis.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2869), Vikings WR Laquon Treadwell (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laquon_Treadwell), and his younger brother Juawan who's a HS senior DB with offers from Illinois, Minnesota, and a handful of MAC schools (https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/juawan-treadwell-10429). Not bad for a HS with only about 1,700 students ;)

SochorField
December 11th, 2017, 09:41 AM
California: 90
Arizona: 4
Oregon: 3
Hawaii: 1
Washington: 1

Amazing that the Pac-12, Big Sky, and MWC can almost exclusively recruit Southern California

ccd494
December 11th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Maine

Pennsylvania: 16
Maine: 15
New York: 14
New Jersey: 13
Massachusetts: 7
Canada: 5 (Ontario-2, Quebec, Alberta, British Columbia- 1 each)
Connecticut: 4
Maryland: 4
Florida: 2
California: 1
Delaware: 1
District of Columbia: 1
Georgia: 1
Tennessee: 1 (grad transfer)
Virginia: 1

Maine mostly recruits the Mid-Atlantic. When people come up with these cockamamie "let's lump UNH and Maine into a New England only conference" ideas, this should be why the discussion ends so quickly: Maine needs those games against Villanova, Delaware, Towson, etc. because that is where their recruits are.

FUBeAR
December 11th, 2017, 10:44 AM
SoCon - El Cid & FU (already posted) - Most of these total are from pre-season 2017 rosters

242 from GA in the SoCon if I added correctly.

Mercer
GA - 62
FL - 15
TN - 9
AL - 5
SC - 2
NC - 1 (played HS ball in GA though)
TX - 1

Wofford
SC - 32
GA - 15
OH - 11
FL - 8
NC - 8
TN - 8
KY - 4
MD - 3
AL - 2
DC - 1
ME -1
VA - 1
WI - 1

ETSU
TN - 54
GA - 15
OH - 10
NC - 8
VA - 8
AL - 7
FL - 6
SC - 6
TX - 2
AZ - 1
NY - 1
WV - 1

VMI
VA - 64
NC - 6
TN - 6
PA - 4
AL - 3
GA - 2
TX - 2
FL - 1
KY - 1
MD - 1
NY - 1
WV - 1

Chattanooga
TN - 52
GA - 26
AL - 13
FL - 9
AR - 1
CA - 1
CO - 1
KY - 1
OH - 1

Samford
GA - 41
AL - 38
FL - 17
TN - 11
MS - 3
NC - 3
AR - 1
CA - 1
MD - 1
MO - 1
TX - 1

WCU
NC - 58
GA - 24
SC - 9
FL - 4
TN - 4
AL - 1
CA - 1
CT - 1
KY - 1
LA - 1
OH - 1
VA - 1

Jacks02
December 11th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Here are SDSU's numbers. Amazing how many good players they've gotten out of South Dakota with only 865k residents in the state.

South Dakota

Nebraska

Minnesota

Iowa

Wisconsin

Illinois

Arizona

Florida

Colorado

Indiana

California

Michigan

Missouri

BadlandsGrizFan
December 11th, 2017, 10:56 AM
MONTANA

MT-30

CA-21

WA-13

OR-8

AZ-7

OK-5

ID-4

CO-3

​PA, FL,TN,TX, VA-1

Sader87
December 11th, 2017, 11:02 AM
HC's 2017 Roster:

Il: 11
MA:10
FL: 10
GA: 9
PA: 8
NJ: 7
NY: 5
CA: 5
MO: 5
MD: 3
KS: 3
NC: 2
TX: 1
ME: 1
DC: 1
AZ: 1
MN: 1
WI: 1
OH: 1
LA: 1
NH: 1
WY: 1

We have always recruited somewhat nationally...particularly in the Midwest (Ill, OH etc)...biggest difference between now and say my Senior year (1987) would be the #'s from the South, particularly GA. Ohio used to be much more represented on the roster. Northeast #'s in general (no CT, 1 NH etc)

grizband
December 11th, 2017, 11:12 AM
Montana Griz Numbers:
Montana - 30
California - 21
Washington - 13
Oregon - 8
Arizona - 7
Idaho - 5
Oklahoma - 5
Colorado - 3
Florida - 1
Pennsylvania - 1
Tennessee - 1
Texas - 1
Virginia - 1

These are pulled directly from the roster page on GoGriz. I would expect these numbers to shift slightly with the change from Stitt to Hauck, as their pipelines should be different.

Paladin1aa
December 11th, 2017, 11:30 AM
YSU

Ohio. 58
Pa. 19
Fla. 12
Ga. 3
Cal. 3
SC. 3
NJ 2
VA. 2
Ill. 2
NC. 1
Mo. 1
Va. 1
WV. 1
Min 1
Mich. 1
Md. 1
NY. 1

ccd494
December 11th, 2017, 11:45 AM
I think it's interesting looking at the schools who do not have their home state as #1. So far it is:

-North Dakota State
-Furman
-Georgetown
-Holy Cross
-Maine

Two state schools from smaller states (by populations) and three privates.

jacksfan29
December 11th, 2017, 12:05 PM
I think it's interesting looking at the schools who do not have their home state as #1. So far it is:

-North Dakota State
-Furman
-Georgetown
-Holy Cross
-Maine

NDSU, Fargo, is pretty much in Minnesota.

FUBeAR
December 11th, 2017, 12:05 PM

-North Dakota State
-Furman
-Georgetown
-Holy Cross
-Maine

and Samford (private)

PaladinFan
December 11th, 2017, 12:06 PM

-North Dakota State
-Furman
-Georgetown
-Holy Cross
-Maine

Furman is one of 9 D1 schools in a relatively small state. Furman also has access to metro Atlanta, which has more people than the entire state of South Carolina.

BisonTru
December 11th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Half your adult life? What, like three years? I kid, I kid! Almost got stationed in Minot. Had a buddy who was. Seemed a bit off the beaten track when I was up there temporarily back in the 80s. That close by to the homestead? I actually like that rural life, but my wife likes civilization. Yeah the Minnesota thing makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Minot's about 2.5 - 3 hours directly east of the homestead.

ST_Lawson
December 11th, 2017, 01:01 PM
HC's 2017 Roster:

Il: 11
LA: 1
We have always recruited somewhat nationally...particularly in the Midwest (Ill, OH etc)...biggest difference between now and say my Senior year (1987) would be the #'s from the South, particularly GA. Ohio used to be much more represented on the roster. Northeast #'s in general (no CT, 1 NH etc)

That's crazy that you guys have more kids from IL than you do from MA. Lots of guys from Loyola Academy it looks like...is there a coaching connection to the school or is it just because Holy Cross and Loyola Academy are both Jesuit schools? Their HC is a U of Illinois guy from the Chicago area, so I didn't see any connection there, but thought there might be something with their AD or assistant coach or something.

Also, the kid from Louisiana is from Destrehan, which isn't a huge school, but has had 13 players make it to the NFL, including WIU's own Mike Scifres.

BisonTru
December 11th, 2017, 01:12 PM
So this got me interested in looking at the Dakotas + UNI. Here's their rosters mapped out.

NDSU - Yellow
SDSU - Blue
USD - Red
UND - Green
UNI - Purple

The U.S.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26743&stc=1

The Midwest

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26747&stc=1

North Dakota

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26744&stc=1

South Dakota

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26745&stc=1

Minnesota

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26746&stc=1

BisonTru
December 11th, 2017, 01:16 PM
Iowa

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26748&stc=1

Wisconsin + Chicago

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26749&stc=1\

Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26750&stc=1

Florida

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26751&stc=1

Minneapolis

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26752&stc=1

jacksfan29
December 11th, 2017, 01:16 PM
Your ND map is missing a blue dot.

Colton Cook (http://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6286&path=football)
OL
6-3
Fr.
Minot, N.D.

Minot H.S.

So this got me interested in looking at the Dakotas + UNI. Here's their rosters mapped out.

NDSU - Yellow
SDSU - Blue
USD - Red
UND - Green
UNI - Purple

The U.S.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26743&stc=1

The Midwest

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26747&stc=1

North Dakota

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26744&stc=1

South Dakota

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26745&stc=1

Minnesota

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26746&stc=1

BisonTru
December 11th, 2017, 01:24 PM
North Dakota State

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26753&stc=1

South Dakota State

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26755&stc=1

South Dakota

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26754&stc=1

Northern Iowa

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26756&stc=1

North Dakota

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26757&stc=1

BisonTru
December 11th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Your ND map is missing a blue dot.

Colton Cook (http://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6286&path=football)
OL
6-3
Fr.
Minot, N.D.
Minot H.S.

It's in there. It was covered up by a green dot.

Sader87
December 11th, 2017, 01:34 PM
That's crazy that you guys have more kids from IL than you do from MA. Lots of guys from Loyola Academy it looks like...is there a coaching connection to the school or is it just because Holy Cross and Loyola Academy are both Jesuit schools? Their HC is a U of Illinois guy from the Chicago area, so I didn't see any connection there, but thought there might be something with their AD or assistant coach or something.

Also, the kid from Louisiana is from Destrehan, which isn't a huge school, but has had 13 players make it to the NFL, including WIU's own Mike Scifres.

As far as I know, just the Jesuit connection. HC has long had a lot of guys (players and students alike) from Loyola HS (Chicago).

Chicago-land is probably the biggest HC connected area outside of the Northeast.

Hammerhead
December 11th, 2017, 01:39 PM

NDSU used to have a few players from Arizona. I think there was an assistant coach with ties to the area back then.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 11th, 2017, 02:19 PM
JMU player's hometowns mapped:

We are definitely a mid-Atlantic team

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26759&stc=1

With two players from FL.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26760&stc=1

Not pictured, our Australian punter.

dbackjon
December 11th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Northern Arizona:

Arizona - 44
California - 42
Nevada - 3
New Mexico, Idaho, Utah - 2 each
Alabama, Colorado, West Virginia, Texas, Florida, Oregon, Germany - 1 each

LehighU11
December 11th, 2017, 02:48 PM
Lehigh

N.J.

Pa.

Fla.

Md.

Ga.

Ill.

Ohio

N.Y.

Calif.

Conn.

Del.

Mass.

Mich

Mont.

N.H.

Ont.

Texas

Va.

Not surprising that PA and NJ dominate the list, considering those 2 states each make up roughly 25% of the student population apiece. Florida has produced many talented LU players over the years and is regularly represented by double-digits on the roster.

Daytripper
December 11th, 2017, 04:05 PM
It seems most every team has at least one from Texas. I guess you have to reach down into the Lone Star State to find your best player and team captain...xthumbsupx

JSUSoutherner
December 11th, 2017, 04:15 PM
You guys with these maps have way too much time on your hands.

BucBisonAtLarge
December 11th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Bucknell:

NJ, PA-29
VA-6
MD-5
FL-4
OH, OR, TX-2
CO, CT, GA, MO, NY, NC, UT, WA-1

ST_Lawson
December 11th, 2017, 04:49 PM
You guys with these maps have way too much time on your hands.

Took me about 20 seconds to import our roster table to Google drive, 10 seconds to import the document data to a Google map layer...and maybe 5 seconds to turn the icons purple.

Not really that much time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clenz
December 11th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Took me about 20 seconds to import our roster table to Google drive, 10 seconds to import the document data to a Google map layer...and maybe 5 seconds to turn the icons purple.

Wizardry!!!!

I really get a kick out of doing things that take 2 minutes but look like an hour and the numerous “you need a life/have too much time in your hands” comments I frequently get

JSUSoutherner
December 11th, 2017, 04:56 PM

Too much time.

FUBeAR
December 11th, 2017, 05:22 PM

Cool - thanks for sharing the idea / process. Learned how to do something new today! Could only map 50 though. Have to move to "Advanced Premium Plan" for $25 to be able to map more data points. Same on your end? Any workarounds?

BisonTru
December 11th, 2017, 05:25 PM

Ditto.

TheValleyRaider
December 11th, 2017, 05:26 PM
There's usually a breakdown of some sort on the website, but I don't see one for this year's team. So, I eyeballed one myself. Might be off in a spot or two, but gets the basic point across.

Pennsylvania: 15
Florida: 12
New Jersey: 12
Illinois: 8
New York: 7
Ohio: 6
Massachusetts: 5
Connecticut: 3
California: 2
Texas: 2
Washington: 2
Kansas: 1
Michigan: 1
Minnesota: 1
Mississippi: 1
Missouri: 1
Nebraska: 1
North Carolina: 1

Pretty good spread. We usually draw well from New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Illinois, and Florida (several alums coaching down there)

FUBeAR
December 11th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Forgot I had calculated this Home State data for all of the SoCon Players earlier this season. Not sure why I came up with 228 from GA then and 242 then...maybe Chatt was still accepting their final 20-30 transfers. xlolx But, it'll do for gub-mint work.

GA
25.5%

TN
16.6%

SC
12.4%

NC
11.9%

AL
8.4%

VA
8.4%

FL
8.0%

OH
2.6%

TX
1.1%

KY
0.9%

PA
0.7%

MD
0.4%

NY
0.4%

LA
0.3%

WV
0.3%

CA
0.2%

MO
0.2%

MS
0.2%

UNK
0.2%

AR
0.1%

AZ
0.1%

CO
0.1%

CT
0.1%

DC
0.1%

ID
0.1%

MA
0.1%

ME
0.1%

MI
0.1%

WI
0.1%

100.0%

cx500d
December 11th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Forgot I had calculated this Home State data for all of the SoCon Players earlier this season. Not sure why I came up with 228 from GA then and 242 then...but, it'll do for gub-mint work.

GA
25.5%

TN
16.6%

SC
12.4%

NC
11.9%

AL
8.4%

VA
8.4%

FL
8.0%

OH
2.6%

TX
1.1%

KY
0.9%

PA
0.7%

MD
0.4%

NY
0.4%

LA
0.3%

WV
0.3%

CA
0.2%

MO
0.2%

MS
0.2%

UNK
0.2%

AR
0.1%

AZ
0.1%

CO
0.1%

CT
0.1%

DC
0.1%

ID
0.1%

MA
0.1%

ME
0.1%

MI
0.1%

WI
0.1%

100.0%

Who came from the University of Northern Kentucky?

FUBeAR
December 11th, 2017, 05:33 PM
Who came from the University of Northern Kentucky? Nope, those 2 guys were sent off to college by their Dad's brother, Unk Nown

FUBeAR
December 11th, 2017, 05:51 PM
I had Kennesaw's #'s also...very GA-centric

GA

AL

FL

LA

TN

MO

NC

SC

Also have Elon

NC

GA

VA

NJ

OH

SC

MA

FL

IN

NY

PA

AL

CT

KY

MO

WA

BisonTru
December 11th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Cool - thanks for sharing the idea / process. Learned how to do something new today! Could only map 50 though. Have to move to "Advanced Premium Plan" for $25 to be able to map more data points. Same on your end? Any workarounds?

Hmm... I've never heard of a premium plan. I've made probably a 100 maps.

BisonTru
December 11th, 2017, 06:05 PM
Too much time.

I'll do JSU's. I'll posted it when I'm finished.

BisonTru
December 11th, 2017, 06:10 PM
JSU's mapped roster

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26761&stc=1

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26762&stc=1

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26763&stc=1

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26764&stc=1

FUBeAR
December 11th, 2017, 06:20 PM
Hmm... I've never heard of a premium plan. I've made probably a 100 maps.

Test from the pop-up message...

"Subscription

Mapping Sheets add-on Advanced Premium Plan https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif
User: [email protected] ([email protected]) (not my real email address)
Contribution: 25 USD / year

Build your own data file on Google Drive directly from Google Sheets with a click. Ready to View with the Mapping web app using Google Maps.
➧ Basic Free Plan: Up to 50 locations per map. Includes all the basic (−) features.
➧ Advanced Premium Plan: No restrictions in the number of locations per map. Includes all the basic (−) and advanced (+) features.

(†) Disclaimer: The Advanced Premium Plan does not avoid service errors, limitations and quotas like Google Geocoding daily quota, Google Drive maximum file size, etc.

BisonTru
December 11th, 2017, 06:26 PM

"Subscription

Mapping Sheets add-on Advanced Premium Plan https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif

Build your own data file on Google Drive directly from Google Sheets with a click. Ready to View with the Mapping web app using Google Maps.
➧ Basic Free Plan: Up to 50 locations per map. Includes all the basic (−) features.
➧ Advanced Premium Plan: No restrictions in the number of locations per map. Includes all the basic (−) and advanced (+) features.

(†) Disclaimer: The Advanced Premium Plan does not avoid service errors, limitations and quotas like Google Geocoding daily quota, Google Drive maximum file size, etc.

Never heard of that.

Here's Mercer.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26765&stc=1

SFA 93
December 11th, 2017, 07:00 PM
SFA

TEXAS 79
LOUISIANA 3
FLORIDA 2
CALIFORNIA 2
ILLINOIS 2
GEORGIA 1
ARKANSAS 1
OKLAHOMA 1
ARIZONA 1

Nickels
December 11th, 2017, 07:23 PM
California: 90
Arizona: 4
Oregon: 3
Hawaii: 1
Washington: 1

Amazing that the Pac-12, Big Sky, and MWC can almost exclusively recruit Southern California
Damn it. Will the FCS let us win anything?

Nickels
December 11th, 2017, 07:41 PM
SHSU:

Texas - 87
Louisiana - 3
Florida - 3
Oklahoma 2
North Carolina - 1
Kansas - 1

https://s8.postimg.org/odkmpy6mt/us_kats.jpg

https://s8.postimg.org/rx6kfrh2d/hou_kats.jpg

https://s8.postimg.org/58hdg6k91/dfw_kats.jpg

Go...gate
December 11th, 2017, 08:07 PM
There's usually a breakdown of some sort on the website, but I don't see one for this year's team. So, I eyeballed one myself. Might be off in a spot or two, but gets the basic point across.

Pennsylvania: 15
Florida: 12
New Jersey: 12
Illinois: 8
New York: 7
Ohio: 6
Massachusetts: 5
Connecticut: 3
California: 2
Texas: 2
Washington: 2
Kansas: 1
Michigan: 1
Minnesota: 1
Mississippi: 1
Missouri: 1
Nebraska: 1
North Carolina: 1

Pretty good spread. We usually draw well from New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Illinois, and Florida (several alums coaching down there)

I wondered where that geographic distribution was this year in the press guide.

Thanks for doing the legwork!

ColonialInsider
December 11th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Robert Morris:
Pennsylvania - 33
Ohio - 12
Maryland - 11
Florida - 8
New York - 4
Michigan - 4
Georgia - 3
New Jersey - 2
Delaware - 1
West Virginia - 1
Virginia - 1
California - 1

Obviously a huge Pennsylvania presence, and almost all of the 33 in-state kids are from the Pittsburgh Metro Area, with a handful from Philly. Also, Robert Morris has always had a pipeline to Florida. They made that a priority early in the program and have kept it going, with some years more lucrative than others.

They used to do better in New Jersey and Michigan, but that's dropped off and they've had more success in Maryland and the D.C. metroplex in the last few years.

The lone Californian is the quarterback transfer that started most of last year, Jimmy Walker. RMU was his lone scholarship option.

PaladinNation
December 11th, 2017, 08:55 PM
In years past - I think we've had a few years where Furman had maybe just one or two players from South Carolina in a recruiting class. It appears Clay Hendrix is trying his best to compete in SC. Just happens Furman just picked up a big commitment tonight from a South Carolina QB, and from the low country - very fertile recruiting territory.

ElCid
December 11th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Minot's about 2.5 - 3 hours directly east of the homestead.

Holy smokes, you really were way out there.

cx500d
December 11th, 2017, 09:31 PM

I think that time is based on travel via a buckboard.

Winterborn
December 11th, 2017, 09:56 PM

I think that time is based on travel via a buckboard.

Probably oxen as they doubled as plow animals. Buckboards were for those fancy Red River Valley folks.

Beer
December 11th, 2017, 09:57 PM

2017 Enrollment at NDSU
North Dakota Residents: 40.8%
Minnesota Residents: 46.2%

https://www.ndsu.edu/data/fastfacts/

ElCid
December 11th, 2017, 10:01 PM
2017 Enrollment at NDSU
North Dakota Residents: 40.8%
Minnesota Residents: 46.2%

https://www.ndsu.edu/data/fastfacts/

I suspect you guys must have some sort of interstate agreement between ND and Minn? Or do all those Minn students pay out of state tuition?

centennial
December 11th, 2017, 10:30 PM
I suspect you guys must have some sort of interstate agreement between ND and Minn? Or do all those Minn students pay out of state tuition?
ND has reciprocity with a few states including MN.

cx500d
December 11th, 2017, 10:57 PM
Probably oxen as they doubled as plow animals. Buckboards were for those fancy Red River Valley folks.

What? Here's what they used in the Red River Valley

http://ids.si.edu/ids/deliveryService?id=NMAH-JN2014-3857

malibudude
December 11th, 2017, 11:12 PM
Cal Poly

California 92

Iowa 1

Daytripper
December 12th, 2017, 05:38 AM
Cal Poly

California 92

Iowa 1

A bunt single cost you a perfect game.

iBOsbu
December 12th, 2017, 07:15 AM
Stony Brook:
NY- 63
NJ- 10
MD- 7
PA- 6
FL- 6
CT- 4
CA- 3
TX- 2
VA- 2
GA- 1
DC- 1
OH- 1
IL- 1

clenz
December 12th, 2017, 08:27 AM
54 Iowa
10 Minnesota
6 Illinois
6 Kansas
5 Missouri
5 Wisconsin
3 Nebraska
2 Florida
1 Georgia
1 Texas
1 Michigan
1 New York

Pretty amazing the number of schools we have 2 plus kids from.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EVggSv6nU00cbE2LmUVVVkZZr6zKtaDo&usp=sharing

It's pretty much east of I-35 in Iowa, the Twin Cities, Kansas City and then a few other spots we've had success in.

Winterborn
December 12th, 2017, 08:31 AM
What? Here's what they used in the Red River Valley

http://ids.si.edu/ids/deliveryService?id=NMAH-JN2014-3857

Those were the early fur trader ones (early 1800's) used by the Metis and others to move fur to St. Paul and goods back to Canada. There was no real settlements around (outside of fur trading posts) when those were predominately used. I assumed we were talking about the late 1800's and by then a more common buckboard/springboard was in use if you were wealthy enough. Otherwise a more basic wagon was used.

ST_Lawson
December 12th, 2017, 08:44 AM

"Subscription

The Mapping Sheets add-on is a third-party plugin that allows you to map locations from a spreadsheet. They used to be free, but have switched over to a "free up to 50 locations" setup. I used to use them for stuff like that, but Google has it built in (for free) now.

Here's how I do it (and likely some of the others that do similar things):

Import roster data:
1. Start a new google sheets document (spreadsheet)
2. In the first field (A1) put the following: =IMPORTHTML("http://goleathernecks.com/roster.aspx?path=football", "table")
except substitute your own roster page for it. This probably won't work for everyone, since some schools sites are formatted differently, but if they use sidearm sports, like, I believe many of our schools do, I think it should work. If there's more than one html table on the page, you might have to add a comma and a number after the "table" bit. Here's more info about that function: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3093339
3. Once the document imports the data, it should look similar to this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NC8vRy5Gb1rgRYu859VhCrIepVY6wHiG5p3eo_eTp0/edit?usp=sharing
Because the data is now in a spreadsheet, it also makes it much easier to filter (Data->Filter) so you can do things like view only kids from a specific class/year, or specific position, or over 250 lbs, or whatever.
4. Rename it as something you'll recognize and be able to find.

Map the data:
1. Go to Google Maps and click on the "hamburger menu" (the three horizontal bars) in the top left of the page, then go to "Your places". When that sidebar opens up, click on the Maps tab, then down at the bottom, the "Create Map" button.
2. For the primary "layer" of data, click on the "Import" link under "Untitled Layer" and a "Choose a file to import" window should open up.
3. Under "My Drive" browse through and find your spreadsheet and hit select.
4. It will ask you what columns you want to position your placemarks...usually I just use "Hometown" since that's how the table is set up for my team...essentially it's the column/columns that google is going to use to find the locations you want the pins to be placed. WIU also has High School/Previous School listed and if you select that as well, it will attempt to parse out it's location from that info as well...so you can drop a pin on the kid's specific school (or as close as Google can figure out...which is usually pretty good).
5. Anyway, check Hometown and press continue.
6. Then you can chose a column of data to use as your titles. Usually I'll use the kid's name, but if you for some reason want something else listed as the title of the pin, you can do that (all the data will show when you click on it...this is just for the title of the marker. So, click Name, then Finish.
7. Voila...you've got your base map of locations of players. From there, you can give the map a name, change the colors or icons of the pins for that layer (useful if you're going to do multiple years worth of rosters or something on individual layers that you can turn on or off, for example)...make it your school color...make the icons little footballs...whatever.
Do that, and you've got a map like this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UW6mzlByz2vrrsvA0NyvqJff2q1GpX6e&usp=sharing (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UW6mzlByz2vrrsvA0NyvqJff2q1GpX6e&usp=sharing)

Any questions?

Smitty
December 12th, 2017, 09:07 AM
WCU

NC - 58
GA - 22
SC - 8
TN - 4
FL - 4
AL - 1
CA - 1
KY - 1
LA - 1
OH - 1
VA - 1

ST_Lawson
December 12th, 2017, 09:33 AM
ND has reciprocity with a few states including MN.

I think that's kinda standard, right?

Western used to have in-state tuition for kids from Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, and Indiana...all but one of the states that border us (because f*** Kentucky, I guess?) although we got rid of that a couple of years ago and now offer everyone from the US "in-state" tuition. It's only international students that pay what was considered "out-of-state" tuition.

ElCid
December 12th, 2017, 09:48 AM

It may be up in the midwest, but I don't believe it is in most of the SE. I could be wrong and it changed, but historically it has not been. Too cutthroat of competition to be handing out freebies. I know of one family that actually move across the boarder from NC to SC prior to their son's senior year in HS simply to get the in state tuition at The Citadel.

JayJ79
December 12th, 2017, 10:12 AM

Western used to have in-state tuition for kids from Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, and Indiana...all but one of the states that border us (because f*** Kentucky, I guess?) although we got rid of that a couple of years ago and now offer everyone from the US "in-state" tuition. It's only international students that pay what was considered "out-of-state" tuition.
well, technically Kentucky isn't a state, it's a commonwealth. xreadx

and while many midwestern states have reciprocity agreements in place, i don't believe Iowa extends any reciprocity (for the three state schools: UNI, ISU, UofI)

ST_Lawson
December 12th, 2017, 10:20 AM
well, technically Kentucky isn't a state, it's a commonwealth. xreadx

and while many midwestern states have reciprocity agreements in place, i don't believe Iowa extends any reciprocity (for the three state schools: UNI, ISU, UofI)

It's not a state thing for us, it's just up to the individual schools. For example, NIU just removed out-of-state tuition for it's law school. (https://www.niutoday.info/2017/12/11/northern-illinois-university-eliminates-out-of-state-tuition-premium-for-college-of-law/)
It's a balance between charging some students more (and bringing in more tuition $) and trying to stop the dropping enrollments. Apparently our administration has decided it's worth the fewer dollars to try to bring more students back...but that math is going to be different for each school.

FUBeAR
December 12th, 2017, 10:22 AM
It may be up in the midwest, but I don't believe it is in most of the SE. I could be wrong and it changed, but historically it has not been. Too cutthroat of competition to be handing out freebies. I know of one family that actually move across the boarder from NC to SC prior to their son's senior year in HS simply to get the in state tuition at The Citadel.

Not sure about all of the states in the SE, but I do know GA, SC, AL, and MS have the Academic Common Market.

In-State Tuition to schools in these States' University systems is available to residents of the other 3 states (other states may also participate IF a major is offered in one of the other states, but not in the state of residence. We are GA residents and my daughter attended the University of Mississippi with in-state tuition because she was admitted to the Ole Miss Forensic Chemistry program AND there are no comparable majors at any of the schools in the University of Georgia system. She has since transferred to the University of Georgia...but had to redshirt this season...so no SEC Football Championship Ring for her. :D

With more research, I learned this...

The Academic Common Market is a cooperative tuition reduction agreement among Southern Regional Education Board (http://www.sreb.org/academic-common-market) (SREB) states. If the public institutions in your home state do not offer degree programs in your field of study, it may be possible to arrange a wavier of out of state tuition to attend a cooperating public institution of higher education in another participating state.

Participating States

Alabama
Arkansas
Delaware
Florida (graduate programs only)
Georgia
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maryland
Mississippi
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas (graduate programs only)
Virginia
West Virginia

http://www.usg.edu/divisions/academic_common_market/

clenz
December 12th, 2017, 10:27 AM

Not in Iowa, and it hurts the hell out of UNI.

The university of Iowa gets something like 40% of it's students from Illinois alone because it's easier to get into than Illinois, and out of state tuition is cheaper than in-state in Illinois at Illinois. Iowa charges OOS tuition, takes all the money, and then 98% of those out of state students at Iowa leave the state and contribute nothing back.

Because Iowa generates so much money from Illinois (and Iowa State with their AG, vet, and engineering programs) the BOR won't allow reciprocity. They treat all 3 state universities the same in that regard - shockingly every way they treat us equally is in ways that hurts UNI.

The BOR has told UNI that we need to increase out of state populations. Currently 90% of students at UNI are from Iowa. 92% of UNI graduates state in the state of Iowa and contribute back to the state. Even if not full reciprocity there needs to be some kind of partial reciprocity offered.

My proposal has always been, and will continue to be any state that touches Iowa (Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Missouri, Illinois and Wisconsin) should get a discounted out of state rate - which I have proposed at 50% of the different between in-state and out of state at UNI.. Presently in-state is 17,480 (tuition, all fees, and room and board) and out of state is 28,022. If our goal is to increase out of state enrollment setting out of state tuition at 50% split would be a great way to do it since the BOR will never allow full reciprocity. We are a regional university that educates upper Midwest youth who stay in the upper Midwest. Set a in-state, regional and out of state tuition.

Hell, set an international tuition. We have an incredible amount of Pakistani, Indian and Japanese (I think...maybe Korean or Chinese...or all of them) students that have their government pay for them to come to school at UNI because of our business programs. They pay the same rate as someone that lives a quarter mile east of any Iowa border. Make that tuition 32,000

Not only would that attract students, it would generate extra money compared to full reciprocity, and it would greatly help our athletic department because of the way UNI treats scholarships.

The reason UNI uses general fund money at all (which is a massive issue in our state) is to pay scholarship costs. The university charges the AD for all athletic scholarships. Compare that to most places that lump athletic related aid into the same pot as every other form of aid. It's a hideous rule that needs to change. It forces UNI to borrow money from the general fund of UNI to pay directly back to the university. It's literally taking out a loan to pay off that loan. Since our university insists on doing it that way, the result of saving 5,000 per scholarship for those states would add up quick in AD savings. Look at football alone - that's 29 players at 5,000 a piece. That's 145,000 in savings instantly. Another $20,000 from mens basketball. 30,000 from womens basketball. I don't know the exact scholarship breakdown on the other sports, but let's call it $200k total saved, instantly, by the AD.

ElCid
December 12th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Not sure about all of the states in the SE, but I do know GA, SC, AL, and MS have the Academic Common Market.

In-State Tuition to schools in these States' University systems is available to residents of the other 3 states (other states may also participate IF a major is offered in one of the other states, but not in the state of residence. We are GA residents and my daughter attended the University of Mississippi with in-state tuition because she was admitted to the Ole Miss Forensic Chemistry program AND there are no comparable majors at any of the schools in the University of Georgia system. She has since transferred to the University of Georgia...but had to redshirt this season...so no SEC Football Championship Ring for her. :D

The Academic Common Market is a cooperative tuition reduction agreement among Southern Regional Education Board (http://www.sreb.org/academic-common-market) (SREB) states. If the public institutions in your home state do not offer degree programs in your field of study, it may be possible to arrange a wavier of out of state tuition to attend a cooperating public institution of higher education in another participating state.

Participating States

Alabama
Arkansas
Delaware
Georgia
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maryland
Mississippi
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Tennessee
Virginia
West Virginia

Interesting. But it certainly would have done me no good being the Yankee that I am, and I am not certain they offered it back in the dark ages any way. And we only have very general degree programs anyway, offered everywhere mostly, so probably would do us no good. Oh and so I beat you to it, luggage toting is not a degree program.

BucBisonAtLarge
December 12th, 2017, 10:56 AM

Participating States

Alabama
Arkansas
Delaware
Georgia
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maryland
Mississippi
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Tennessee
Virginia
West Virginia

New England has a discounted regional tuition program, Tuition Break. Each state determines which programs elsewhere in New England are complementary to available in-state options and schools set the discount. This replaced a more universal in-state tuition promise. The program seems to allow shcools to develop specialized degree programs and not be so constrained by limited local markets.
http://www.nebhe.org/programs-overview/rsp-tuition-break/overview/

FUBeAR
December 12th, 2017, 11:01 AM
luggage toting is not a degree program.

Key element of the Fitness Pillar then, I guess.

Bear84
December 12th, 2017, 11:04 AM
UCA's Roster-

AR-33
TX-22 (includes 1 transfer from U. of Nebraska)
MS-8
FL-7
LA-5
OK-4
AL-3
MO, GA,TN, NJ one each

Coach Campbell's Junior Collage connections are the primary reason for 7 from Florida and 8 from Miss. That lost connection is going to hurt.

Wildcat1997
December 12th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Abilene Christian’s roster from the latest game notes I could find:
Arizona 2
Arkansas 1
California 2
Florida 1
Georgia 1
Hawaii 1
Illinois 1
Kansas 1
Louisiana 1
New Mexico 1
Oklahoma 5
Texas 109

nevadagriz
December 12th, 2017, 11:51 AM
I find it very interesting that the state of Nevada with no FCS school has very few players attending FCS schools.
Sac St which is just a couple of hours from reno has zero NV kids. I have always said these kids are under recruited more then any state.
We have two kids from our tiny High school who got zero recruiting and went to EOU one plays for the Detroit lions and the other will be in an NFL camp next fall.
I hope Hauck uses his connections he made in Vegas to recruit some of these Nevada kids.
Northern Nevada has some players if a staff would just look.

97Torero
December 12th, 2017, 01:02 PM
San Diego Roster. Mostly California, with a sprinkling of kids from all over.

Arizona

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Hawaii

Iowa

Illinois

North Carolina

Nevada

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Rhode Island

Russia

Texas

Utah

Washington

ASU33
December 12th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Alabama State

Alabama-27

Florida-22

Georgia-15

Louisiana-7

Tennessee-4

Mississippi-2

Ohio-2

Texas-2

South Carolina-1

Illinois-1

California-1

Washington D.C-2

New Jersey-1

Arizona-1

Daytripper
December 12th, 2017, 02:04 PM
UCA's Roster-

AR-33
TX-22 (includes 1 transfer from U. of Nebraska)
MS-8
FL-7
LA-5
OK-4
AL-3
MO, GA,TN, NJ one each

Coach Campbell's Junior Collage connections are the primary reason for 7 from Florida and 8 from Miss. That lost connection is going to hurt.

I figured you would have a lot more from Missouri and Kansas based on your geography.

malibudude
December 12th, 2017, 02:26 PM
A bunt single cost you a perfect game.

and one friggin' victory cost us a perfect season. Thanks PSU!

Bear84
December 12th, 2017, 02:36 PM
I figured you would have a lot more from Missouri and Kansas based on your geography.

I guess everything north of the Ozarks is hostile MVFC territory.

clenz
December 12th, 2017, 02:43 PM
Cal Poly

California 92

Iowa 1
I'm throwing a flag. I went to look at the Iowa kid and found none.

What I did find was a roster break down of Poly

California - 101
Illinois - 2
Washington - 1
Oregon - 1

clenz
December 12th, 2017, 02:43 PM
I guess everything north of the Ozarks is hostile MVFC territory.
It's why MSU struggles.

They have no recruiting ground that will compete with the MVFC. They can't sell the MVFC geography.

malibudude
December 12th, 2017, 03:11 PM
I'm throwing a flag. I went to look at the Iowa kid and found none.

What I did find was a roster break down of Poly

California - 101
Illinois - 2
Washington - 1
Oregon - 1

#66 Iowa.

Missed the other OOS.

http://www.gopoly.com/sports/fball/2017-18/roster

clenz
December 12th, 2017, 03:14 PM
#66 Iowa.

Missed the other OOS.

http://www.gopoly.com/sports/fball/2017-18/roster
He's from Illinois. He transferred from Iowa

Height:
6-4

Weight:

Year:
Sr

Hometown:
Lisle, IL

High School:
Naperville North HS

Previous College:
Iowa

Position:
OL

Iowa -- Attended the University of Iowa for two years, including a redshirt year ... three years of eligibility remaining at Cal Poly ... did not play in any games as an offensive lineman with the Hawkeyes.
High School -- A 2013 graduate of Naperville North High School where, under head coach Sean Drendel, Goebel earned prep All-America honors and was selected to compete for Team USA in the International Bowl ... also earned first-team all-state and all-conference honors as a senior ... in his junior season (2011), earned first-team all-state and all-conference awards and was named the DuPage Valley Conference's Offensive Lineman of the Year. ... also was named to the Chicagoland Underclassman All-Area team as a freshman and sophomore ... earned three varsity letters as an offensive and defensive lineman, helping the Huskies reach the state playoffs three straight seasons ... also lettered two years in wrestling and was a state meet qualifier in 2012.
Personal -- Son of Brian (deceased) and Gail Goebel ... one sister, Sarah ... a cousin of former Cal Poly defensive end Grant Goebel ... father Brian played football at Arizona State while Garrett Goebel played at Ohio State and for the St. Louis Rams ... enjoys fishing, hunting and watching movies ... member of Cal Poly Accounting Club ... served internship with large accounting firm in Chicago during the summer of 2016 and worked for KPMG, a global network of professional firms providing audit, tax and advisory services, in San Jose during summer of 2017 ... born August 4, 1994, in Barrington, Illinois ... majors in business administration with a concentration in accounting.

Mike296
December 12th, 2017, 03:37 PM
To any UNI fan I ask this question. Who are your Wisconsin guys cause I think I may have went to school with one of them?

clenz
December 12th, 2017, 03:48 PM
To any UNI fan I ask this question. Who are your Wisconsin guys cause I think I may have went to school with one of them?
Daurice Fountain - Madison - James Madison Memorial
Terrell Carey - Madison - Madison West
Rickey Neal - Racine - Horlick
Rashadeem Gray - Whitefish Bay - Whitefish Bay
Trey Recknor - Mt. Horeb - Mr. Horeb

Daurice was a 4th year senior
Terrell Carey was a freshman that redshirted this year
Rickey was a redshirt JR this year
Rashadeem was a redshirt senior this year
Trey was a freshirt freshman this year

Mike296
December 12th, 2017, 03:55 PM
Daurice Fountain - Madison - James Madison Memorial
Terrell Carey - Madison - Madison West
Rickey Neal - Racine - Horlick
Rashadeem Gray - Whitefish Bay - Whitefish Bay
Trey Recknor - Mt. Horeb - Mr. Horeb

Daurice was a 4th year senior
Terrell Carey was a freshman that redshirted this year
Rickey was a redshirt JR this year
Rashadeem was a redshirt senior this year
Trey was a freshirt freshman this year

I go way back with Rickey he’s the one who ended my football career after I basically had a Joe Theisman esqe injury my sophomore year of HS. We went to the same Elementary school him being one year ahead of me. He also has a track background and was quite tall in 5th grade as he was like 5’11 at that point. I don’t hate him for my injury although he did come see me in recovery after having my knee repaired.

clenz
December 12th, 2017, 04:04 PM
https://twitter.com/UNIFootball/status/938867039820709888

http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/uni.sidearmsports.com/custompages/gallery/FB_vsYSU_10212017/MK2_2646.JPG

Mike296
December 12th, 2017, 04:08 PM
https://twitter.com/UNIFootball/status/938867039820709888

http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/uni.sidearmsports.com/custompages/gallery/FB_vsYSU_10212017/MK2_2646.JPG

Nice pic there Clenz

Go...gate
December 12th, 2017, 04:17 PM

Arizona

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Hawaii

Iowa

Illinois

North Carolina

Nevada

Ohio

Oklahoma

Oregon

Rhode Island

Russia

Texas

Utah

Washington

Very good! Did the youngster play any organized football over there?

neverobeyed
December 12th, 2017, 04:54 PM

Russia

Very good! Did the youngster play any organized football over there?

In Russia, futball play you.