PDA

View Full Version : Semifinal: SDSU @ JMU

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Southern Bison
December 9th, 2017, 04:51 PM
How was this not created at 4:30 ET?

I talked with some great JMU fans at the Elon game to be very concerned about South Dakota State as a #5 seed.

I'm calling for a 2014 repeat...an All-MVFC title game. The Jacks can have a quaint little rock...we'll take a sixth national title.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 04:53 PM
Where is the poll??

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 04:53 PM
SDSU wins this game.

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2017, 04:54 PM
It's obviously early but I think JMU got the wake up call they needed last night. They match up better with SDSU than any other team in the country does IMO but I don't think they've seen a passing game or receivers like SDSU has either. Assuming Goedert plays SDSU will get their points but I think a re-energized JMU teams squeaks it out again at home.

cx500d
December 9th, 2017, 04:57 PM
Where is the poll??

Somewhere near Warsaw?

Southern Bison
December 9th, 2017, 04:57 PM
Where is the poll??Only my girlfriend gets that.

Plus, I'm on the Tapatalk app right now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2017, 04:59 PM
Goedert, Wieneke, and TC is a 3 headed monster that most teams cannot and will not stop. I know NDSU would love a shot at either team, but I want SDSU to have their hearts and souls crushed by the Bison and no one else. They are our true rivalry.

th0m
December 9th, 2017, 04:59 PM
It's obviously early but I think JMU got the wake up call they needed last night. They match up better with SDSU than any other team in the country does IMO but I don't think they've seen a passing game or receivers like SDSU has either. Assuming Goedert plays SDSU will get their points but I think a re-energized JMU teams squeaks it out again at home.

SDSU didnt really seem to miss Goedert today. I hope your prediction comes true, i agree with the wakeup call. JMU has come back down to earth and we will see how they respond. Should be a great game.

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 05:03 PM
SDSU didnt really seem to miss Goedert today. I hope your prediction comes true, i agree with the wakeup call. JMU has come back down to earth and we will see how they respond. Should be a great game.

SDSU's receiving core and TE is as good or better as most top 25 FBS teams. This will be a challenge for JMU. Plus y'all haven't seen the Christion special yet where he looks like the next coming of Russell Wilson.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2017, 05:05 PM
SDSU's receiving core and TE is as good or better as most top 25 FBS teams. This will be a challenge for JMU. Plus y'all haven't seen the Christion special yet where he looks like the next coming of Russell Wilson or Akili Smith depending on which persona rises to the occasion.

FYP xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 05:05 PM
SDSU's receiving core and TE is as good or better as most top 25 FBS teams. This will be a challenge for JMU. Plus y'all haven't seen the Christion special yet where he looks like the next coming of Russell Wilson.

SDSU coaches should pass that ball all over the field and if there is nothing there just let TC run the ball.

saxbison
December 9th, 2017, 05:07 PM

The Eagles Seahawks game gave me flashbacks to the SDSU game. I kept thinking "okay, they got him off balance and scrambling. There he threw it away." and then he hits a receiver downfield for a 35 yard gain.

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2017, 05:07 PM
All true but JMU has cover guys as good or better than most FBS teams also. This will be one hell of a matchup when it's SDSU's offense vs JMU's defense.

cx500d
December 9th, 2017, 05:09 PM
All true but JMU has cover guys as good or better than most FBS teams also. This will be one hell of a matchup when it's SDSU's offense vs JMU's defense.

I think JMU velcro's their dbacks to SDSU receivers...We shall see how they respond.

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 05:10 PM

They play close man, and hope that they refs won't call them out. Good cover guys, but they might come against a ref crew that starts throwing flags and it could get ugly.

uni88
December 9th, 2017, 05:15 PM
They play close man, and hope that they refs won't call them out. Good cover guys, but they might come against a ref crew that starts throwing flags and it could get ugly.That will be critical - how physical will the officials let the JMU DBs get?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Somewhere near Warsaw?

Ridgewood

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 05:19 PM
That will be critical - how physical will the officials let the JMU DBs get?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JMU does do a few novel things. DB's are borderline fouling most of the game. Refs call the DB's or not?

They run some 4 wide formation runs to open the box, SDSU already saw this with UNI and the Mike Leach stolen plays. Otherwise this should be a 2 TD win for SDSU.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2017, 05:24 PM
one thing is clear, Bison fans do not want any part of a rematch vs JMU

Evolution Prime
December 9th, 2017, 05:25 PM
JMU puts a hurting on us SHSU style. 73-10.

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 05:26 PM

Disagree. If someone asked me who I'd rather play- JMU, and it's not even close. I am only cheering for SDSU because I want revenge.

Christiank22
December 9th, 2017, 05:34 PM
one thing is clear, Bison fans do not want any part of a rematch vs JMUFrom a competitive standpoint I would MUCH rather play JMU than SDSU.

From a "Who do I think will win" standpoint, I don't see any way JMU wins this game

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2017, 05:45 PM
From a competitive standpoint I would MUCH rather play JMU than SDSU.

From a "Who do I think will win" standpoint, I don't see any way JMU wins this game

If NDSU wins its semifinal game, doesn't matter to me which team is there from the other side. Would love to beat them both.

No_Skill
December 9th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Hey JMU, take care of our light work for us.

Bison56
December 9th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Is it?

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2017, 06:55 PM
Is it?

speak for yourself, what is it?

knit35
December 9th, 2017, 06:56 PM

responding with definitive statements is dumb. “Any way” what if SDSU turns it over every possession? Still no way? Use better logic. Feel free to say you believe think SDSU will win the game just be smarter. I’d say I expect better of you but I don’t know if I should.

frozennorth
December 9th, 2017, 07:04 PM
speak for yourself, what is it?
I think pretty much everyone would rather play JMU right now.

- - - Updated - - -

responding with definitive statements is dumb. “Any way” what if SDSU turns it over every possession? Still no way? Use better logic. Feel free to say you believe think SDSU will win the game just be smarter. I’d say I expect better of you but I don’t know if I should.
go play in traffic

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2017, 07:10 PM
JMU has a good defense, but their offensive playcalling is...sketchy, to say the least.

SDSU has NFL prospects on their offense, but their defense, I understand, is sketchy.

It'll be a good game but I think JMU wins. or at least I hope they do because apparently I'm a closeted JMU fan ;)

Bison56
December 9th, 2017, 07:17 PM
JMU has a good defense, but their offensive playcalling is...sketchy, to say the least.

SDSU has NFL prospects on their offense, but their defense, I understand, is sketchy.

It'll be a good game but I think JMU wins. or at least I hope they do because apparently I'm a closeted JMU fan ;)
Just admit itxlolx

POD Knows
December 9th, 2017, 07:36 PM
That is where you are wrong. I would take JMU all day long over SDSU.

Christiank22
December 9th, 2017, 07:39 PM
responding with definitive statements is dumb. “Any way” what if SDSU turns it over every possession? Still no way? Use better logic. Feel free to say you believe think SDSU will win the game just be smarter. I’d say I expect better of you but I don’t know if I should.No way JMU wins.

Thumper 76
December 9th, 2017, 07:45 PM
No way JMU wins.

Damn, it’s gotta be tough to be this convinced and be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmiller_34
December 9th, 2017, 07:48 PM
I have a few things to say:

1. It’s bull**** that you guys didn’t wait for me to start the thread; clearly I was still at the game.

2. Where is the poll?

3. Now that we snuck past UNH, We are in some serious trouble. The MVFC is a crap conference that no team other than the Bison is good in, so clearly we are overdue for a loss. James Madison is going to mop the floor with us. Easily a 40 point game in favor of the Dukes.

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 07:49 PM

1. It’s bull**** that you guys didn’t wait for me to start the thread; clearly I was still at the game.

2. Where is the poll?

3. Now that we snuck past UNH, We are in some serious trouble. The MVFC is a crap conference that no team other than the Bison is good in, so clearly we are overdue for a loss. James Madison is going to mop the floor with us. Easily a 40 point game in favor of the Dukes.

I agree. Might as well not play this game. Please submit a formal forfeit to NCAA.

Thumper 76
December 9th, 2017, 07:55 PM

2. Where is the poll?

I agree except for #3. The MVFC is still the “GOD CONFERENCE TO RULE THEM ALL” we just managed to catch a couple teams off their game, get a couple calls, and no shortage of bounces to get where we are. I mean, Easton Stick has never had as many TOs as he did against SDSU (obvious break), there was crampgate, among numerous bad call that went our way to cover up our deficiencies on defense and help accentuate our offensive skill set with timely pass interference calls. We got lucky that the team most figured shouldn’t have been in the playoffs snuck by the #4 seed so we got a gift home game and are in trouble now that we will face a real complete team.

Evolution Prime
December 9th, 2017, 07:58 PM

2. Where is the poll?

Once again, you are being very generous on only a 40 point loss. I have already predicted in this thread a SHSU style thrashing 75-10.

mmiller_34
December 9th, 2017, 07:59 PM
I agree. Might as well not play this game. Please submit a formal forfeit to NCAA.

Exactly what I was thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree except for #3. The MVFC is still the “GOD CONFERENCE TO RULE THEM ALL” we just managed to catch a couple teams off their game, get a couple calls, and no shortage of bounces to get where we are. I mean, Easton Stick has never had as many TOs as he did against SDSU (obvious break), there was crampgate, among numerous bad call that went our way to cover up our deficiencies on defense and help accentuate our offensive skill set with timely pass interference calls. We got lucky that the team most figured shouldn’t have been in the playoffs snuck by the #4 seed so we got a gift home game and are in trouble now that we will face a real complete team.

Haha, this year has been quite the adventure.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, you are being very generous on only a 40 point loss. I have already predicted in this thread a SHSU style thrashing 75-10.

I could see that. TC is sacked 10 times next week.

Lorne_Malvo
December 9th, 2017, 08:01 PM
I want NDSU and SDSU in Frisco. NDSU for obvious reasons, but if SDSU wins its justice for NDSU cockblocking SDSU from Frisco so many times. SDSU winning would not make me too butthurt, they deserve it and are overdue.

Thumper 76
December 9th, 2017, 08:07 PM
I want NDSU and SDSU in Frisco. NDSU for obvious reasons, but if SDSU wins its justice for NDSU cockblocking SDSU from Frisco so many times. SDSU winning would not make me too butthurt, they deserve it and are overdue.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d8/d8235f7b0c3840ed822f0177fa11efd15e431c198d5849eee0 aa0e55c1e186f5.jpg

BisonFan02
December 9th, 2017, 08:58 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d8/d8235f7b0c3840ed822f0177fa11efd15e431c198d5849eee0 aa0e55c1e186f5.jpg

I don't know what to do with my hands.......*fakes injury*

centennial
December 9th, 2017, 09:03 PM

I am cramping from reading this.

Thumper 76
December 9th, 2017, 09:23 PM

Phantom flag on the play for something

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2017, 09:45 PM
Phantom flag on the play for something

Targeting?

CommishBigSmooth
December 9th, 2017, 10:01 PM
Just announced- this will be the Saturday game.

Theee Catrabbit
December 9th, 2017, 11:25 PM
First we''ve been really lucky in these Saturday games. Christian will have difficulty staying upright in this game. Our run game has been a little too efficient lately, more than likely we will have troubles against this JMU defense, we're no Weber State.....

Twentysix
December 9th, 2017, 11:40 PM
It's gonna be really easy to root for the bunnies. :)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

BisonBacker
December 9th, 2017, 11:46 PM
Could they just both lose and be done with it xlolx

thebootfitter
December 10th, 2017, 01:21 AM
This one is a really interesting match up, indeed. Based on the games played this weekend, I think the needle is clearly leaning in SDSU's direction. But as some have pointed out, JMU is still a solid team with a smothering defense and may have gotten a wake-up call from that near loss to Weber State.

If both teams play well and there are no fluky bounces or bad calls by the refs to swing momentum, I have to give the edge to the bunnies. Probably in something like a 28-31 game again. And if it does end up that close, it could go either way.

At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised by SDSU crapping the bed as they have done in at least one playoff run against a team other than NDSU and as they have done against NDSU a few times. But something does feel a little different about this SDSU team. I'm looking forward to it either way.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2017, 08:09 AM
Both teams are going to have big injury question marks also. SDSU TE Goedert, at 6'5" 265 with speed, is the toughest matchup in the FCS IMO and JMU RB Marshall looked clearly to be their best back against Weber (and SDSU does have a suspect run defense). Both those guys got dinged up in their quarterfinal games. Seems like Goedert may have been held out for precautionary reasons but SDSU's coach tried to play coy after the game saying he was "officially questionable" for the JMU game. Haven't heard anything about the status of Marshall.

jmu007
December 10th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Both teams are going to have big injury question marks also. SDSU TE Goedert, at 6'5" 265 with speed, is the toughest matchup in the FCS IMO and JMU RB Marshall looked clearly to be their best back against Weber (and SDSU does have a suspect run defense). Both those guys got dinged up in their quarterfinal games. Seems like Goedert may have been held out for precautionary reasons but SDSU's coach tried to play coy after the game saying he was "officially questionable" for the JMU game. Haven't heard anything about the status of Marshall.

You won't hear anything all week about JMU injuries from Mike Houston. He may as well be Bill Belichik up there when it comes to injury reports.

mmiller_34
December 10th, 2017, 08:42 AM

Goedert looked fine on the sidelines during the game. I think when he re-agrivated his ankle and then got officially the OKAY to get back in the score was already 21-0 so..

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2017, 08:45 AM
You won't hear anything all week about JMU injuries from Mike Houston. He may as well be Bill Belichik up there when it comes to injury reports.
Not surprising. Klieman at NDSU is very similar. He'll answer questions about injuries in his press conference but usually it's a "we'll find out more tomorrow" type thing so he doesn't have to give a definitive answer. There was really no word about Wofford's top outside RB being out for yesterday's game until shortly beforehand either. Ol' Grandpa Stiggy (my affectionate name for SDSU's head coach) will probably try to be as hazy as possible in regards to Goedert's status but I'd imagine with him being a senior that he'll be out there even if he's not 100%.

Goedert looked fine on the sidelines during the game. I think when he re-agrivated his ankle and then got officially the OKAY to get back in the score was already 21-0 so..
Yeah, that's the vibe I got watching the game also. After the game was over he was kind of jogging around the field without any noticeable limp so seems like he should be good to go next Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised though if the Stigmeister tries a little gamesmanship this week to make it seem like Goedert isn't a sure bet to play.

Tribe4SF
December 10th, 2017, 08:47 AM
This should be another good one. Seeing this as a pick 'em. JMU offense showed some explosiveness against Weber that's been missing. If they can run the ball like they did against Weber I like their chances. Key matchup to me is JMU secondary against SDSU receivers. Best in FCS vs. Best in FCS.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2017, 08:58 AM
When is the last time South Dakota State traveled east of say Pittsburg (just a random city east of Youngstown) to play?

I know you played Delaware in 2010

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2017, 09:01 AM
When is the last time South Dakota State traveled east of say Pittsburg (just a random city east of Youngstown) to play?

I know you played Delaware in 2010
They played at Delaware in 2010. Lost 26-3. I'm pretty sure that was the last time.

jmu007
December 10th, 2017, 09:05 AM
Just finished watching the replay of SDSU and UNH. I still don't know what to take away from it if anything. UNH looks like a shell of themselves from the opening whistle. If SDSU is just that good, so be it, but UNH sure looked like a team that was just done to me.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Just finished watching the replay of SDSU and UNH. I still don't know what to take away from it if anything. UNH looks like a shell of themselves from the opening whistle. If SDSU is just that good, so be it, but UNH sure looked like a team that was just done to me.

remember it was only a few weeks ago when UNH was shut out by Albany

Tribe4SF
December 10th, 2017, 09:23 AM

Agreed. Their offense has been done since they played in Williamsburg, and the defense looked done yesterday. They looked road weary and ready to lose.

Gangtackle11
December 10th, 2017, 09:24 AM

Probably a mix of both. South Dakota State has the resume & talent to be right there at the top of the FCS. I think UNH was a slightly above average playoff team that left a lot on the table after the UCA upset.

Sometimes when a team knows it’s season has ended in game it snow balls on them. Similar to what UNH did to Lehigh last season.

Ive been a critic of SDSU in the past,, but they certainly have proven to me that they are all that & a bag of chips so far this season.

This is the best matchup of the FCS playoffs to date. Defending champ vs. a top tier team that thirsts that elusive FCS championship moniker. xpeacex

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2017, 09:27 AM
Poll has been added. It will close on Saturday morning.

TennBison
December 10th, 2017, 09:31 AM
I need information so I can better predict the score of this game (Waffle House Score Prediction Calculator). How many Waffle Houses are in the immediate area of JMU. And if none how many are kind of close by.

PJManley
December 10th, 2017, 09:37 AM
Looking forward to this game. From what I saw of JMU defense against Weber, am assuming they were off a little bit. If not, they need to hope for a shootout game cuz Jacks O is way better than Weber.

CvilleDuke
December 10th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Dukes needed a close game and they got it. Dukes by two TD.

Haley's Five Rings
December 10th, 2017, 09:42 AM
No way JMU wins.

"No way JMU wins."....."SDSU by two TDs."....."JMU is still pretty good." These hot takes must be keeping everyone warm in the Dakotas.

Last time JMU lost an FCS game was 729 days ago. They bullied their way to an FCS title last season including making #1 SHSU look like a JV squad and notched consecutive convincing wins over the top two teams from the Most Vocal Conference - both away from Harrisonburg. Senior QB with a ring and a balanced set of weapons. A defense that allows less than two TDs a game.

But they almost had to go to OT Friday night with a red hot Weber team, so now JMU sucks. xrotatehx

To quote the great American poet, Mr. Ric Flair...."To be the man, you've got to beat the man." Until that day comes, all wishful AGS posts in the world won't change the fact that JMU in the favorite to leave Frisco with more hardware.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Probably a mix of both. South Dakota State has the resume & talent to be right there at the top of the FCS. I think UNH was a slightly above average playoff team that left a lot on the table after the UCA upset.

Sometimes when a team knows it’s season has ended in game it snow balls on them. Similar to what UNH did to Lehigh last season.

Ive been a critic of SDSU in the past,, but they certainly have proven to me that they are all that & a bag of chips so far this season.

This is the best matchup of the FCS playoffs to date. Defending champ vs. a top tier team that thirsts that elusive FCS championship moniker. xpeacex

South Dakota State is the * of FCS right now, meaning they are trying to bump JMU off the throne and become one of the top 2 teams.

For me and probably almost everyone else, when the playoffs started it was destined to be a re-match of last years with the Bison and JMU, as both of those teams are just a notch above the rest of the FCS with the caveat being South Dakota State as the only real other contender

JMU is not at last years level on offense and it almost caught up with them on Friday night

this is indeed a great match-up and it's good to see a Valley team have to travel east for a change

Gangtackle11
December 10th, 2017, 09:48 AM
I need information so I can better predict the score of this game (Waffle House Score Prediction Calculator). How many Waffle Houses are in the immediate area of JMU. And if none how many are kind of close by.

Looks to be 5 within 20 miles of Harrisonburg.,

Serpentor
December 10th, 2017, 09:52 AM

Sorry, their offices are already clogged up with the formal forfeit requests we sent after the South Dakota and Kennesaw games... You guys' arguments were just THAT convincing!

Evolution Prime
December 10th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Looks to be 5 within 20 miles of Harrisonburg.,

Well there are 3 Casey's in a ~5 mile radius of SDSU. Given that Harrisonburg's population is about double the size of Brookings, I give SDSU the slight edge in this category. This should be good enough for a Vinitieri 50+ yd FG. I revise my score prediction. 75-13 JMU.

JimmyJack
December 10th, 2017, 10:28 AM
The home team has to be favored by at least a TD here. I watched the JMU/WSU game. When JMU finally decided to play, they were very impressive. I can't imagine that Goedert wouldn't play and play well. That said, there's a lot of talk about Wieneke and Goedert, but SDSU has put its season on Taryn Christion's back, playing "our QB is better than your QB." If Christion continues to play smart and limit mistakes, SDSU will have a good shot in this one.

But really, Christion terrible and he'll be very tired and beat up after taking like two hits in the UNH game. JMU wins this one 56-2.

SoDakSA
December 10th, 2017, 10:39 AM
But really, Christion terrible and he'll be very tired and beat up after taking like two hits in the UNH game. JMU wins this one 56-2.

The only reason that SDSU was given the safety is because JMU wanted to practice their free kick unit in a live game situation.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2017, 10:40 AM
FWIW both Massey and Sagarin, who have both been accused of MVFC bias on this board, have JMU as the favorite. Sagarin by about 3 and Massey by 5.5.

MR. CHICKEN
December 10th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Well there are 3 Casey's in a ~5 mile radius of SDSU. Given that Harrisonburg's population is about double the size of Brookings, I give SDSU the slight edge in this category. This should be good enough for a Vinitieri 50+ yd FG. I revise my score prediction. 75-13 JMU.

.......AIR IS HEAVIER......ON EAST COAST........IT'S DUH BIAS.....FROM SO MANY....SKOOLS......IN CLOSE...PROXIMITY..........29 YARDS....'BOUT LIMIT.........BRAWK!

cx500d
December 10th, 2017, 10:49 AM
.......AIR IS HEAVIER......ON EAST COAST........IT'S DUH BIAS.....FROM SO MANY....SKOOLS......IN CLOSE...PROXIMITY..........29 YARDS....'BOUT LIMIT.........BRAWK!

Well, SDSU will be playing in front of about as many fans at JMU as attended their last home game, so its no different then a home game.

ming01
December 10th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Looking forward to watching this one. I think Sdsu pulls it out

RabidRabbit
December 10th, 2017, 10:59 AM
Well, SDSU will be playing in front of about as many SDSU fans at JMU as attended their last home game, so its no different then a home game.

FYP there CX (lots of SDSU alumni in DC region).

MR. CHICKEN
December 10th, 2017, 11:13 AM

....DO CHIA PETS....COME IN.....TUMBLE WEED VARIETIES.........xdontknowx......AWK!

cx500d
December 10th, 2017, 11:14 AM

Thats what I meant.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2017, 11:16 AM
They played at Delaware in 2010. Lost 26-3. I'm pretty sure that was the last time.

right, that was the last year we had a good football team. I thought it was a home and home but I know the Hens did not play them again.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if S Dakota State remains hot away from the cold home confines (by next week it should be)

MR. CHICKEN
December 10th, 2017, 11:18 AM
...H/H....DAT WAS MUTUALLY AGREED ....TA SCRAP......DUH TRIP...TO BROOKIN'S.....AWK!

cx500d
December 10th, 2017, 11:21 AM
...H/H....DAT WAS MUTUALLY AGREED ....TA SCRAP......DUH TRIP...TO BROOKIN'S.....AWK!

I think the stage coach line folded or something, and it was still a couple years before Greyhound picked up the route.

mango433
December 10th, 2017, 11:43 AM
right, that was the last year we had a good football team. I thought it was a home and home but I know the Hens did not play them again.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if S Dakota State remains hot away from the cold home confines (by next week it should be)

It was supposed to be but the second half was mutually cancelled due to the recession I believe.

awBison
December 10th, 2017, 12:47 PM
I think this game will be decided but the refs. If they let JMUs corners play aggressively and let the close call pass interference calls slide, then I think JMU has a good chance to pull this off. If they are going to call pass interference the way they should (no interfering contact before the ball arrives), I dont think it will be a close game. Im picking SDSU for the win by at least 14 points.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2017, 01:05 PM
The line just opened on 5dimes as JMU -3 with an O/U of 56.5.

Thunderstruck
December 10th, 2017, 04:09 PM
Surprised this isn't the Friday night game. Will weather be a factor in any way in this heavyweight matchup?

knit35
December 10th, 2017, 04:22 PM
I think pretty much everyone would rather play JMU right now.

- - - Updated - - -

go play in traffic

Seems like an unnecessary comment proceeded by a negative reputation comment that you gave me. Did you feel better about yourself after?

Back to the game. This is will be a great game I believe. Appears to be a toss up. Will be exciting to see how and if JMU responds to the game last week on defense and if the offense can continue the point production. Will be great to see several dynamic offensive players from SDSU and how they implement their game plan. I hope the game lives up to the expectation. Turnovers and penalties could make the difference. As others have stated the flexibility the JMU DB’s have with the SDSU receivers will be a strong indicator also. Best of luck to SDSU.

Bisonwinagn
December 10th, 2017, 04:50 PM
First thing Goedert will need to be 100% or this game won't be close. SDSU does not have the defense that Weber has and will give up more points. However they have a better offense and with more weapons. SDSU's QB will be the deciding factor. He can be great at time, but can also struggle especially in bad weather. I don't have a good feel for this game yet, but JMU will certainly be favored.

thebootfitter
December 10th, 2017, 05:25 PM
First thing Goedert will need to be 100% or this game won't be close. SDSU does not have the defense that Weber has and will give up more points. However they have a better offense and with more weapons. SDSU's QB will be the deciding factor. He can be great at time, but can also struggle especially in bad weather. I don't have a good feel for this game yet, but JMU will certainly be favored.By three points currently, per five dimes. Virtually a pick 'em.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 10th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Surprised this isn't the Friday night game. Will weather be a factor in any way in this heavyweight matchup?

Doubtful, its still a bit far out but from gametime but Accuweather is calling for a high of 45 and a low of 29 on Saturday in Harrisonburg with some flurries, a 7-8 mph wind with gusts of 15 mph. The historical average for Harrisonburg on 12/16 is 43 with a low of 24 so its definitely nothing special weather wise for the JMU players.

And I think we are all aware that SDSU player's are used to much colder weather than that.

Nickels
December 10th, 2017, 06:13 PM
SDSU wins. This year's JMU squad doesn't compare to last years.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 10th, 2017, 06:31 PM
JMU wins 38-27

With that said, here is my attempt at sandbagging:

Our offense isn't quite what it was last year. We graduated several veteran lineman last year and as of the end of the Weber State game, we now have three starting lineman out with season ending injuries. Also huge is the fact that our #1 returning rusher and seemingly our strongest rusher this year, Cardon Johnson, is out for the season. 2016 All-CAA TE Jonathan Kloosterman suffered mono in the middle of the season and just hasn't even came close to being the impact player he was in 2016. This is all despite the fact that he should have been getting more looks since the two best receivers on the 2016 National Championship team graduated.

We have a few season ending injuries on defense and special teams but they aren't even worth mentioning given the depth we have there.

Injuries are part of the game and every team is suffering from them right now. All teams should have a "next man up" perspective but its getting to the point where I'm getting worried about our o-line depth, one more injury and we may see Bryan Schor running his life on every single play.

Also, tall tight ends and receivers like Goedert and Wieneke scare the hell outta me.

Bisonoline
December 10th, 2017, 06:36 PM
If JMU plays like they did against Weber, JMU will get rolled.

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2017, 06:39 PM

No way they play like they did vs Weber. This is at JMU with a pissed off defense against an overconfident SDSU offense that will have a dinged up top weapon. Does not bode well for the Jacks.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2017, 06:50 PM
No way they play like they did vs Weber. This is at JMU with a pissed off defense against an overconfident SDSU offense that will have a dinged up top weapon. Does not bode well for the Jacks.

let me know if you need more sand, still have plenty

mcveyrl
December 10th, 2017, 07:05 PM

And if NDSU plays like they did against SDSU we’ll have a Jackrabbit Nationals Championship.

But if SDSU plays like they did against YSU, I like the Dukes’ chances.

But if JMU plays like they did in the first half of the Rhode Island game, it’ll be over by the end of the first.

But if...I could do this all day...

(I would also point out that we outgained Weber by about 220 yards and held them to 40 yards in the first half - I like our chances if we can repeat those stats)

sgt smash
December 10th, 2017, 07:11 PM
One thing to remember that may or may not have an effect is the fact that JMU staff has been through a couple deeper playoff runs while SDSU has not been out of the quarters yet. I hope for an all Valley Championship game but there are games that need to be played first. I give SDSU the talent edge but JMU is at home and in the semis for the second year in a row.

mmiller_34
December 10th, 2017, 07:17 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Bg7lwxE.gif

RabidRabbit
December 10th, 2017, 07:48 PM
Jacks are the perpetual underdog, and have a long history of not performing well in big games, or in packed stadiums. The running game depends on the passing game, and TC is an adequate passer, but like most of the team comes from the small towns and villages in SD, NW IA, NE, or MN, so can't be great. And the Jacks defense, held together with bailing wire and twine. Don't have a clue how such an average D managed to get the Jacks to a semi-final, or stop most of the MVFC teams. Dukes should roll da Wabbits.

cx500d
December 10th, 2017, 08:02 PM
Jacks are the perpetual underdog, and have a long history of not performing well in big games, or in packed stadiums. The running game depends on the passing game, and TC is an adequate passer, but like most of the team comes from the small towns and villages in SD, NW IA, NE, or MN, so can't be great. And the Jacks defense, held together with bailing wire and twine. Don't have a clue how such an average D managed to get the Jacks to a semi-final, or stop most of the MVFC teams. Dukes should roll da Wabbits.

Didn't most of your players had to walk uphill, both ways, through the snow, into the wind to school? They were also so poor, that their mother would bake them a potato in the morning to take to school for lunch, and it would serve double duty becausue they would put the hot potato in their pocket for the uphill walk through the snow to school to keep them from freezing to death....or so I heard.

Schism55
December 10th, 2017, 08:24 PM
Build that wall higher!!!
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26729&stc=1

sgt smash
December 10th, 2017, 08:30 PM

refs

RabidRabbit
December 10th, 2017, 08:45 PM
I thought it was ankle twisters?

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2017, 08:46 PM
refs

I thought it was ankle twisters?
Don't forget cramps either.

RootinFerDukes
December 10th, 2017, 09:00 PM

I probably take you the most serious of any NDSU poster honestly. Your analysis is usually spot on. You said Weber was #4 in the country going into the QF round. That was more than proven on Friday. They should've been seeded after seeing the performance of most seeds. They had a first round exit in the 2016 playoffs, so their run this year had them having to "play from behind" from a national perspective.

Elvis was a Bison
December 10th, 2017, 10:45 PM
I think the wildcard will be played mid-week when Indianapolis releases who pissed hot during the quarterfinal random tests. Watch all 4 rosters for suspensions and ineligibles.

bisonwest
December 10th, 2017, 11:10 PM
JMU has squeaked by with pedestrian play thus far in the playoffs, it's gonna cost em against the three headed monster. I don't see a blowout but I like the Jacks by 14.

cx500d
December 10th, 2017, 11:14 PM
Don't forget cramps either.

For JMU's sake, maybe they will catch SDSU during that time of the month?

Green1
December 10th, 2017, 11:15 PM

Didn't most of your players had to walk uphill, both ways, through the snow, into the wind to school? They were also so poor, that their mother would bake them a potato in the morning to take to school for lunch, and it would serve double duty becausue they would put the hot potato in their pocket for the uphill walk through the snow to school to keep them from freezing to death....or so I heard.

Their football program is so under funded that Coach Stig cuts the bottom of his player's pants pockets out so the players will have something to play with on Christmas morning.

mcveyrl
December 10th, 2017, 11:40 PM
JMU has squeaked by with pedestrian play thus far in the playoffs, it's gonna cost em against the three headed monster. I don't see a blowout but I like the Jacks by 14.

Could you define “squeaking by” and “pedestrian play”?

JMUNJ08
December 10th, 2017, 11:45 PM
NDSU fans watch 1 good, close game by the Dukes and don't realize that is this year's team. There were some very uncharacteristic plays that got Weber over the magical 14 point mark for a JMU opponent for the first time this season. Without 2 big passing plays and the near pick 6, we held Weber like most other teams (38 TOTAL yards in first half). If we get burned in a similar manner Saturday, we might be on the losing end. But, if we play tight and hit hard like every game to date, it will be hard for the Jacks to pull off the 'upset'

Thumper 76
December 11th, 2017, 03:12 AM
This is a bad matchup for SDSU with Goedert being dinged up. JMU has plenty of offense to put up plenty of points vs the SDSU defense and I don’t like the Jacks odds of pulling off their strategy of the last couple games. Make the other team chase points. I doubt SDSU will just run down the field quick for two quick scores to make JMU have to press. That being said, if they do manage to do that then JMU will be in a tough spot.

RootinFerDukes
December 11th, 2017, 05:36 AM
Could you define “squeaking by” and “pedestrian play”?

Also known as not blowing out a non-scholarship D3 equivalent and a team that has no business being seeded in hindsight. How dare we not blow out a 8-10 rank team and then go toe to toe with the 4th ranked team.

BNATION
December 11th, 2017, 06:41 AM
Going to take SDSU. I think JMU blew their load this past weekend. A game like that takes a lot out of you. SDSU 34 JMU 28

Dukie95
December 11th, 2017, 07:15 AM
Against WSU, JMU had far too many drives stall at or near the red zone.

At the 24 - Failed 4th and 1
At the 20 - Blocked FG
At the 36 - Punt

That doesn't include the three made FGs.

JMU got their yards, but Weber State did an outstanding job preventing TDs (Bend but don't break) and keeping the game close.

If SDSU cannot keep up that same defensive intensity, I like JMU's chances. However, this may be the best team JMU has faced in its entire 25 game winning streak, and I actually picked SDSU in this poll.

jmufan999
December 11th, 2017, 07:22 AM
i'm just crossing my fingers that i don't have to read the following comment from a JMU fan: "well we might as well not show up to play the game".

please please please don't say this. please. it's so lame. just don't.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2017, 07:36 AM
Someone mentioned it earlier but there's also the "been there, done that" dynamic working in JMU's favor. Every week in the playoffs with the stakes getting raised up so does the intensity and JMU's guys know what it takes to win in this scenario. Obviously that didn't stop JMU from winning in Fargo last year but I think that experience will help JMU this year.

Another thing that I've wondered about is how much does the pressure of being undefeated add to the pressure of being defending champs? It may seem trivial at this point given how high the stakes are but even playing a little tight can get you beat at this point.

mcveyrl
December 11th, 2017, 07:45 AM
Going to take SDSU. I think JMU blew their load this past weekend. A game like that takes a lot out of you. SDSU 34 JMU 28

This is definitely a concern. That was as intense of a 4th quarter as you’re going to get.

The optimist in me hopes that the extra day off helps, and the homer in me says that they’ll come out more intense having played that game so close...

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2017, 07:45 AM
i'm just crossing my fingers that i don't have to read the following comment from a JMU fan: "well we might as well not show up to play the game".

please please please don't say this. please. it's so lame. just don't.

nah, the South Sand Bagger State already has the copyrights on that theme..... they act like fans can't see how good they are, in fact, South Dakota State is going to bring skill players that have not been seen in the CAA this year.... this has all the makings of a classic game

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Looking for that perfect Christmas gift for the hard-to-buy-for SDSU fan on your shopping list this year???

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4526/27207721459_5c01a08922_b.jpg

Gangtackle11
December 11th, 2017, 07:58 AM
This should be a great game. ‘Nuff said.

Jacks02
December 11th, 2017, 08:17 AM
SDSU has simply played at a different level since the UNI Hobo Day game debacle. I've never seen a Jackrabbit so focused, and for the most part absolutely dominant as this one.

The Jacks have put up 42.5 pts/game while allowing 23.3 during the 7 game win streak, and that has come against a schedule that included 6 ranked teams.

JMU scares the crap out of me, and they certainly deserve the #1 ranking, but if we play like we are capable of, I think we can pull it off.

I'll go SDSU 31, JMU 27.

MR. CHICKEN
December 11th, 2017, 08:22 AM
Someone mentioned it earlier but there's also the "been there, done that" dynamic working in JMU's favor. Every week in the playoffs with the stakes getting raised up so does the intensity and JMU's guys know what it takes to win in this scenario. Obviously that didn't stop JMU from winning in Fargo last year but I think that experience will help JMU this year.

Another thing that I've wondered about is how much does the pressure of being undefeated add to the pressure of being defending champs? It may seem trivial at this point given how high the stakes are but even playing a little tight can get you beat at this point.

....EGG-ZAKLY....POINT IN GAME WHERE...WEBER TAKES DUH...LEAD.....AN' DUKIES....LOST KOOL....COUPLE PENALTYS....PLAYS DAT WENT NO-WHERE....WASTED SERIES......DAT WAS ALL ON PRESSURE....AWK!

BNATION
December 11th, 2017, 08:23 AM
This is definitely a concern. That was as intense of a 4th quarter as you’re going to get.

The optimist in me hopes that the extra day off helps, and the homer in me says that they’ll come out more intense having played that game so close... Exactly, this will be a tight game i think. The JMU secondary is the best in the FCS so this will be strength on strength.

JmuSkinsfan
December 11th, 2017, 08:27 AM
Like the WSU game, this game has me pretty nervous. As I've been saying for a few weeks now, our offense is good but not great. But they certainly put up the yards last week against a really good WSU defense ... just didn't capitalize on the points. While the crowd sounded intense on TV, the stadium was still just 3/5 full. I have got to imagine that a late afternoon Saturday game will draw a huge crowd. Hoping for a sell-out. I know that within my circle of friends no one went to the game Friday night. I believe there are plans for at least 10 friends going Saturday, so hopefully that's true across the board. Big difference between 16k and 22k in that stadium, especially when all of those fans are presumably die-hard, standing on their feet, etc.

If JMU plays up to their potential, I have a feeling this will be something like 31-14.

I watched the SDSU/UNH game, and while UNH is far from a good team in that scenario (JMU beat them 31-0 at home this year, and UNH was clearly flat) ... I think SDSU has a lot of offensive firepower that can roll with JMU. Again, it was hard to get a feel for the SDSU defense since UNH, an already suspect offense, was immediately one-dimensional playing with a 2-score deficit. But SDSU played lights out, and I've got to think they'll be fired up beyond belief for Saturday. If JMU and SDSU play at similar levels as last weekend (JMU down, SDSU up), then I could see this one being 34-24 SDSU.

Having watched the JMU defense all year, though, I Just can't see them putting up another dud like that where they give up 28 points, even if they did hold WSU to just 38 first half yards. That 2nd half was meh, and I expect us to play up.

The one intangible for me here is coaching staff. I really don't know enough about SDSU to give them a score there, but Houston for JMU is just a genius ... and after Friday's game I can't see him letting the defense and the team in general off the hook. I expect JMU to be fired up and on their toes all game long and ready to really avenge their "weak" Friday performance. Not to take anything away from WSU, but I think JMU got the wake-up call they needed, and Houston will not let that happen again.

The second intangible is momentum. If JMU can come out fired up on offense and put up a couple quick scores ... the momentum will be hard for SDSU to recapture. Of course, you can't predict these sorts of things, but an early turnover, quick score, whatever it might take to get JMU on top quickly and early may set the tone. While a similar start for SDSU would make things difficult for JMU, being at home gives them a slight edge on bucking momentum in that scenario. Let the defense pin their ears back and go after them. The 0-7 start last week to WSU really made it hard for JMU to recapture the momentum and take full control of the game and that showed with it going down to the wire.

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2017, 09:07 AM
it's going to be a good show watching #19 vs the JMU secondary....

Bison56
December 11th, 2017, 09:12 AM
I'm interested to see how the refs are going to let the DBs play, I really hope they let them play football. I think this one will go down to the wire 24-21, no idea who is going to come out on top.

JacksFan40
December 11th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Jacks need to establish the run game to win, I think SDSU had around 200 yards vs New Hampshire. If SDSU can get anywhere from 150-200 yards rushing, Jacks will win. SDSU can't let JMU make them one dimensional.

Jacks02
December 11th, 2017, 09:52 AM
During SDSU's 7 game winning streak it has faced 5 teams in the top 35 for rush defense.

NDSU: 7th, 91.2 YPG, 2.8 YPC
SDSU had 36 carries for 142 yards, 4.0 YPC

Illinois State: 14th, 106.4 YPG, 3.2 YPC
SDSU had 30 carries for 189 yards, 6.3 YPC

Western Illinois: 22nd, 119.1 YPG, 3.3 YPC
SDSU had 39 carries for 193 yards, 4.9 YPC

Northern Iowa: 28th, 125.8 YPG, 3.5 YPC
SDSU had 47 carries for 143 yards, 3.4 YPC

New Hampshire: 33rd, 128.1 YPG, 3.8 YPC
SDSU had 40 carries for 265 yards, 6.6 YPC

SDSU isn't ranked that high for rushing stats, but it generally can run the ball when it needs to, and generally has a very balanced attack.

The "three-headed monster" of Wieneke, Goedert, and Christion get all the press, but there is more to the offense than just those three.

Daytripper
December 11th, 2017, 09:55 AM
During SDSU's 7 game winning streak it has faced 5 teams in the top 35 for rush defense.

NDSU: 7th, 91.2 YPG, 2.8 YPC
SDSU had 36 carries for 142 yards, 4.0 YPC

Illinois State: 14th, 106.4 YPG, 3.2 YPC
SDSU had 30 carries for 189 yards, 6.3 YPC

Western Illinois: 22nd, 119.1 YPG, 3.3 YPC
SDSU had 39 carries for 193 yards, 4.9 YPC

Northern Iowa: 28th, 125.8 YPG, 3.5 YPC
SDSU had 47 carries for 143 yards, 3.4 YPC

New Hampshire: 33rd, 128.1 YPG, 3.8 YPC
SDSU had 40 carries for 265 yards, 6.6 YPC

SDSU isn't ranked that high for rushing stats, but it generally can run the ball when it needs to, and generally has a very balanced attack.

The "three-headed monster" of Wieneke, Goedert, and Christion get all the press, but there is more to the offense than just those three.

That is impressive.

CappinHard
December 11th, 2017, 09:57 AM
The difference will be SDSU's offensive line. If they can efficiently run block and give Christion time, I don't care how good JMU's DBs are, Christion will shred them by buying time until someone is open or taking off on his own. The only time Christion doesn't play well is when he doesn't have time and gets happy feet in the pocket. If JMU can't get consistent pressure, SDSU will get to 30. Can JMU keep up?

#againstthesandbagginggrain

mcveyrl
December 11th, 2017, 10:04 AM
Got bored yesterday and was trying to get a better feel for each team's actual strength. So, I thought I would compare their average yard per play on offense and defense against their opponent's average yards per play for the entire season. I figured this would give a pretty good average throughout the year and would account for some strong games against weaker teams and an off game here or there.

On average the JMU defense (Nationally #3) allows 1.3 yard per play less than their opponents normally average on offense and the JMU (Nationally 23) offense averages .47 yards more per play than their opponent's D normally gives up. JMU's worst game on defense was William and Mary where they gave up .25 yards per play MORE than William and Mary averaged for the year. Their worst game on offense was UNH where they gained .52 yards less per play than UNH averaged giving up.

SDSU's defense (Nationally 64), on the other hand, gives up .16 yards per play less than their opponent's normally average and the SDSU offense (Nationally 14) gains 1.41 yards more per play than their opponents normally give up. Those ranks for both teams are just the yards per game ranks from the NCAA. SDSU defense's "worst" game was Missouri State where they gave up 1.26 yards per play MORE than Missouri State normally gained. Their "worst" offensive game was South Dakota where they gained .61 yards per play less than USD normally gives up.

To try to account for "strength of schedule", I thought I should point out that on average SDSU faced the 54th best defense and 43rd best offense in FCS, and JMU faced he 48th ranked defense and 74th best offense in FCS. This did not take ECU into account.

Not sure this doesn't tell us anything more than we already know. SDSU's offense is good, JMU's defense is good. Neither other side of the ball is overly impressive. The JMU offense might be marginally better on average than the SDSU defense, but if you adjust for strength of opponents it's probably pretty even.

So do with that what you will...

MR. CHICKEN
December 11th, 2017, 11:26 AM
xnodx
Got bored yesterday and was trying to get a better feel for each team's actual strength. So, I thought I would compare their average yard per play on offense and defense against their opponent's average yards per play for the entire season. I figured this would give a pretty good average throughout the year and would account for some strong games against weaker teams and an off game here or there.

On average the JMU defense (Nationally #3) allows 1.3 yard per play less than their opponents normally average on offense and the JMU (Nationally 23) offense averages .47 yards more per play than their opponent's D normally gives up. JMU's worst game on defense was William and Mary where they gave up .25 yards per play MORE than William and Mary averaged for the year. Their worst game on offense was UNH where they gained .52 yards less per play than UNH averaged giving up.

SDSU's defense (Nationally 64), on the other hand, gives up .16 yards per play less than their opponent's normally average and the SDSU offense (Nationally 14) gains 1.41 yards more per play than their opponents normally give up. Those ranks for both teams are just the yards per game ranks from the NCAA. SDSU defense's "worst" game was Missouri State where they gave up 1.26 yards per play MORE than Missouri State normally gained. Their "worst" offensive game was South Dakota where they gained .61 yards per play less than USD normally gives up.

To try to account for "strength of schedule", I thought I should point out that on average SDSU faced the 54th best defense and 43rd best offense in FCS, and JMU faced he 48th ranked defense and 74th best offense in FCS. This did not take ECU into account.

Not sure this doesn't tell us anything more than we already know. SDSU's offense is good, JMU's defense is good. Neither other side of the ball is overly impressive. The JMU offense might be marginally better on average than the SDSU defense, but if you adjust for strength of opponents it's probably pretty even.

So do with that what you will...

....AH ........PUT IT IN...FILE 19.......xsighx.......BRAWK!

jacksfan29
December 11th, 2017, 12:12 PM
First thing Goedert will need to be 100% or this game won't be close. SDSU does not have the defense that Weber has and will give up more points. However they have a better offense and with more weapons. SDSU's QB will be the deciding factor. He can be great at time, but can also struggle especially in bad weather. I don't have a good feel for this game yet, but JMU will certainly be favored.

Do you actually watch any FB other then NDSU? Fair question.

DirtyDukes
December 11th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Hey guys can anyone point me to the SDSU/JMU thread hte first few pages of this is just NDSU/SDSU talk.

I think you're right about it re-energizing us. I doubt a Houston-coached team will come out flat two games in a row.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-12/16/10/enhanced/webdr07/anigif_enhanced-3770-1450279994-3.gif

Seems like an unnecessary comment proceeded by a negative reputation comment that you gave me. Did you feel better about yourself after?

Back to the game. This is will be a great game I believe. Appears to be a toss up. Will be exciting to see how and if JMU responds to the game last week on defense and if the offense can continue the point production. Will be great to see several dynamic offensive players from SDSU and how they implement their game plan. I hope the game lives up to the expectation. Turnovers and penalties could make the difference. As others have stated the flexibility the JMU DB’s have with the SDSU receivers will be a strong indicator also. Best of luck to SDSU.

Neg repping is a bitch move. Such a bitch move.

LOL!

CappinHard
December 11th, 2017, 12:55 PM
I wanted to re-watch the JMU/Weber State game, so I figured I would knock out the first quarter over my lunch break. Some JMU fans must have found an ESPN mic that was unattended. Right before kick off you can hear some guys, probably drunk, shouting... "Mic check 1, 2!!! Weber State can lick my balls!!! ****** Weber State!!!" xlolx Classy.

mcveyrl
December 11th, 2017, 01:03 PM
I wanted to re-watch the JMU/Weber State game, so I figured I would knock out the first quarter over my lunch break. Some JMU fans must have found an ESPN mic that was unattended. Right before kick off you can hear some guys, probably drunk, shouting... "Mic check 1, 2!!! Weber State can lick my balls!!! ****** Weber State!!!" xlolx Classy.

Yea, I actually heard that live...I can't believe ESPN just let the mic run after the first time!

Bison56
December 11th, 2017, 01:23 PM

Heard that to, i had to rewind to see if that was what i was really hearing.xlolx

BNATION
December 11th, 2017, 01:57 PM
I wanted to re-watch the JMU/Weber State game, so I figured I would knock out the first quarter over my lunch break. Some JMU fans must have found an ESPN mic that was unattended. Right before kick off you can hear some guys, probably drunk, shouting... "Mic check 1, 2!!! Weber State can lick my balls!!! ****** Weber State!!!" xlolx Classy. That was me. Ask the Montana fans about Classy in 2011 semi final. We were going back forth pretty good.

CappinHard
December 11th, 2017, 02:10 PM
That was me. Ask the Montana fans about Classy in 2011 semi final. We were going back forth pretty good.

You were at the JMU game?

BNATION
December 11th, 2017, 02:22 PM
You were at the JMU game? No hahaha i was just that amped up screaming obsenities when we beat Montana in the semis in 2011

CappinHard
December 11th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Disclaimer: all of these observations were made upon watching JMU's game against Weber State. I don't have time to watch more, I don't care enough to, plus nobody really cares about my opinion.

I'm most worried about whether or not SDSU can stop JMU's run game. They have a couple good backs and Schor can run some as well. SDSU has played better against the run lately, but has been susceptible in the past.

JMU struggled to get pressure on the QB. This is really bad for JMU. I know they have good DBs, but Christion is going to end up with A LOT of rushing yards if he can't find open receivers. I'm going with over 125 easily. Has JMU faced a dual threat QB like Christion? Don't try to give me Cantwell either, he doesn't compare to Christion at all. Although it might be difficult to find anyone at the FCS level that compares.

I'm not that impressed by Schor. If his first read isn't open, he panics a bit. He relies on short throws and scrambling when his first read isn't open, so it will be really important for SDSU to spy him and really jam the short routes. He made a bunch of ill advised throws. He almost gave the game away on the game tying drive and again on the game winning drive. If JMU has to come from behind, SDSU could force Schor into some big mistakes.

I agree with others in thinking that if the refs let the DBs get away with contact, it is a big advantage for JMU. If not, they're really going to struggle. Do we know who the refs will be for this game yet?

If I were the SDSU coaches, I would dare JMU to beat them deep. Stack the box, cover the short throws and spy Schor to cover him running.

After watching that game, I'll go with a prediction of SDSU 31 - JMU 24.

th0m
December 11th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Alot of people aren't impressed with Schor (including some JMU fans) but all of the opposing unimpressed teams lost to him (well except UNC) He makes some questionable decisions, no denying that.

remember its not just the DBs for JMU that are beasts, its the entire defense. our candidate for the buchanan award is a defensive lineman. Linebackers are all caa as well.

jmu007
December 11th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Disclaimer: all of these observations were made upon watching JMU's game against Weber State. I don't have time to watch more, I don't care enough to, plus nobody really cares about my opinion.

I'm most worried about whether or not SDSU can stop JMU's run game. They have a couple good backs and Schor can run some as well. SDSU has played better against the run lately, but has been susceptible in the past.

JMU struggled to get pressure on the QB. This is really bad for JMU. I know they have good DBs, but Christion is going to end up with A LOT of rushing yards if he can't find open receivers. I'm going with over 125 easily. Has JMU faced a dual threat QB like Christion? Don't try to give me Cantwell either, he doesn't compare to Christion at all. Although it might be difficult to find anyone at the FCS level that compares.

I'm not that impressed by Schor. If his first read isn't open, he panics a bit. He relies on short throws and scrambling when his first read isn't open, so it will be really important for SDSU to spy him and really jam the short routes. He made a bunch of ill advised throws. He almost gave the game away on the game tying drive and again on the game winning drive. If JMU has to come from behind, SDSU could force Schor into some big mistakes.

I agree with others in thinking that if the refs let the DBs get away with contact, it is a big advantage for JMU. If not, they're really going to struggle. Do we know who the refs will be for this game yet?

If I were the SDSU coaches, I would dare JMU to beat them deep. Stack the box, cover the short throws and spy Schor to cover him running.

FWIW, JMU has gotten most of their pressure on the QB this year with 4 man rush and a few well timed blitzes. Weber St was more the exception than the rule on QB pressures and sacks IMO.

CappinHard
December 11th, 2017, 03:49 PM
FWIW, JMU has gotten most of their pressure on the QB this year with 4 man rush and a few well timed blitzes. Weber St was more the exception than the rule on QB pressures and sacks IMO.

I understand that. Just saying if JMU doesn't get pressure on Christion, they will pay by giving up a lot of rushing yards from him taking off if there's no one open. I think Christion's play will determine this game. If he is on point and can complete some difficult passes along with making the right decision to pull the ball down and run when he needs to, I don't think JMU can stop SDSU from scoring often enough to win. If this game was last year, I would be worried about that with him being a sophomore, but he's a Junior now that has played since he was a freshman, he should be ready for the bright lights.

centennial
December 11th, 2017, 03:55 PM
Alot of people aren't impressed with Schor (including some JMU fans) but all of the opposing unimpressed teams lost to him (well except UNC) He makes some questionable decisions, no denying that.

remember its not just the DBs for JMU that are beasts, its the entire defense. our candidate for the buchanan award is a defensive lineman. Linebackers are all caa as well.
I have watched a few JMU games. Defense is good even by MVFC standards.

DB's are over aggressive. If we get Big Sky/ Pac12, MEAC refs they call holding and PI pretty easily. MVFC/ MAC/ Big 10 refs will let them play. These are from the crews I have seen. If JMU gets a flag happy crew they struggle. Against NDSU last year the crew wasnt really throwing much.

th0m
December 11th, 2017, 04:16 PM

DB's are over aggressive. If we get Big Sky/ Pac12, MEAC refs they call holding and PI pretty easily. MVFC/ MAC/ Big 10 refs will let them play. These are from the crews I have seen. If JMU gets a flag happy crew they struggle. Against NDSU last year the crew wasnt really throwing much.

And how honored we are to stack up to your standards...

KUlawJack
December 11th, 2017, 04:23 PM

You'll have to remember who talks the most **** here. SDSU fans are optimistic, but realize the task at hand is difficult, especially on the road.

NDSU fans are pumping us up from what I can see in this thread. Maybe those that are so confident in us really mean it, but it could also be that they are simply trying to needle all of the JMU and SDSU fans and only need to post once rather than twice to get it done. xlolx

cx500d
December 11th, 2017, 04:26 PM
You'll have to remember who talks the most **** here. SDSU fans are sandbaggers, but realize the task at hand is difficult, especially on the road.

NDSU fans are pumping us up from what I can see in this thread. Maybe those that are so confident in us really mean it, but it could also be that they are simply trying to needle all of the JMU and SDSU fans and only need to post once rather than twice to get it done. xlolx

FYP

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2017, 04:58 PM
You'll have to remember who talks the most **** here. SDSU fans are optimistic, but realize the task at hand is difficult, especially on the road.

Well this NDSU fan thinks JMU's defense is good enough to slow down SDSU's offense well enough to win.... so you got that going for you. xthumbsupx

centennial
December 11th, 2017, 05:03 PM
You should be.

JayMYou
December 11th, 2017, 05:58 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUOxfiD4V7eMpiq0s8/giphy.gif

jmu007
December 11th, 2017, 06:23 PM
I understand that. Just saying if JMU doesn't get pressure on Christion, they will pay by giving up a lot of rushing yards from him taking off if there's no one open. I think Christion's play will determine this game. If he is on point and can complete some difficult passes along with making the right decision to pull the ball down and run when he needs to, I don't think JMU can stop SDSU from scoring often enough to win. If this game was last year, I would be worried about that with him being a sophomore, but he's a Junior now that has played since he was a freshman, he should be ready for the bright lights.

Are most of his runs by design or does he just tend to take off?

JmuSkinsfan
December 11th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Game of math ... JMU usually rushes 4. So unless they’re blitzing they’ll likely have someone spying Christion and our team speed and pursuit abilities may allow us to mitigate his scrambling a bit. Not saying he can’t break some yards, but JMU has been suffocating on opponents this year. QBs who are skittish will struggle. Haven’t watched Christion enough to know his tendencies but anyone who hesitated in the pocket usually gets swallowed up or popped by a pursuing LB fairly quickly.

CappinHard
December 11th, 2017, 06:56 PM

Some by design, some when he takes off. He does a good job of not taking off too quickly.

CappinHard
December 11th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Game of math ... JMU usually rushes 4. So unless they’re blitzing they’ll likely have someone spying Christion and our team speed and pursuit abilities may allow us to mitigate his scrambling a bit. Not saying he can’t break some yards, but JMU has been suffocating on opponents this year. QBs who are skittish will struggle. Haven’t watched Christion enough to know his tendencies but anyone who hesitated in the pocket usually gets swallowed up or popped by a pursuing LB fairly quickly.

I hope they only rush 4. I think SDSU's line is as good or better than Weber State's and Cantwell had plenty of time to operate back there. If JMU gives Christion that much time, he will find a receiver or pick up chunks by running. I think the key to beating Christion is to blitz a lot and get him flustered early and often. That won't happen when you're only rushing 4.

centennial
December 11th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Christon and Cantwell are not alike QB's. I honestly can't think think of any FCS QB with his abilities. Almost seems like a Pac 12, or Big 12 like QB. He would be a starter on a lot of P5 teams. His scrambling kinda reminds me of Vernon Adams, almost like a bigger, faster Adams. He doesn't have the deep ball from Adams but it's still good. At least when he played NDSU he reminded me of Russell Wilson.

Key is to frustrate him and not let him run for 10 yards every time he can't find a receiver. He will need to get sacked a few times. Coverage sacks don't work well against him. Not saying he is the best QB at the FCS level but he is certainly up there, and could possibly have a pro career.

CappinHard
December 11th, 2017, 07:52 PM
Christon and Cantwell are not alike QB's. I honestly can't think think of any FCS QB with his abilities. Almost seems like a Pac 12, or Big 12 like QB. He would be a starter on a lot of P5 teams. His scrambling kinda reminds me of Vernon Adams, almost like a bigger, faster Adams. He doesn't have the deep ball from Adams but it's still good. At least when he played NDSU he reminded me of Russell Wilson.

Key is to frustrate him and not let him run for 10 yards every time he can't find a receiver. He will need to get sacked a few times. Coverage sacks don't work well against him. Not saying he is the best QB at the FCS level but he is certainly up there, and could possibly have a pro career.

This is a good synopsis of Christion. I checked out JMU's board and saw that someone said he's good at running but not a very good passer. I got a good chuckle out of that.

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2017, 07:59 PM

I noticed that as well, I also noticed the Weber State was holding on just about every play, I'm good with the no calls though, don't need another Yellow rain show like the Sammy Kennesaw game

Thumper 76
December 11th, 2017, 08:29 PM

He’s more Russel Wilson than anything. He’s got very good escapablitlity and tends to scramble to keep the play alive to find an open WR but he can take off and gash you if he has to. Normally he doesn’t run until necessary, even if he does get happy feet. His deep ball hasn’t been nearly as dead on as it was halfway through last year but it’s plenty good to need the respect of the defense.

I did pop onto the UNH board before last game and noticed a guy who said we don’t have dynamic speed, which I don’t fully agree with. We don’t have anyone who is a burner as a WR I guess, but by god do we end up with a lot of guys open for long gains. One of the more effective strategies to slow down our offense that I’ve seen is to stop the run and force us to do underneath routes. I say slow because the only way our offense had been held to under 20 points has been by teams being able to grind out the clock and just keep the ball away from our offense so they can’t get any sort of a flow or rhythm going. I still maintain that the best way to beat SDSU is to not allow us to jump out to a quick two score lead where you have to chase points, and JMU looks to be more than capable of that to me. If we do get up quick our defense becomes pretty good and our offense is very deadly when they play with confidence. If I were an opposing coach I would take the ball right away even if my team is strong defensively and try to get some points. SDSU is a completely different team when playing from behind and it allows a team to focus on grinding out the clock against us.

CappinHard
December 11th, 2017, 08:33 PM
The comment about choosing to take the ball is an interesting one. Most coaches defer, but that actually plays into SDSU's favor because we would rather take the ball first. Tough for coaches to go away from their strategy of wanting the ball to start the second half, but out of any team you would do that against, SDSU would be one of them.

Bisonator
December 11th, 2017, 08:39 PM
I honestly don't know who wins this game but I picked JMU. They have the edge because they are at home and have the better defense. If they don't turn the ball over and play sound defense they should make it back to Frisco. SDSU can put up points in a hurry but seem inconsistent at times against better defenses. Not to mention they tend to choke in big games so they got that going for them.

JMUNJ08
December 11th, 2017, 08:46 PM
I hope they only rush 4. I think SDSU's line is as good or better than Weber State's and Cantwell had plenty of time to operate back there. If JMU gives Christion that much time, he will find a receiver or pick up chunks by running. I think the key to beating Christion is to blitz a lot and get him flustered early and often. That won't happen when you're only rushing 4.

While no pressure, he was 12-30 and minus two big plays was not impressive. Only 4 rushing means 7 dropping back and as stated, that has not bode well for anyone this year.

JMUNJ08
December 11th, 2017, 08:49 PM
I honestly don't know who wins this game but I picked JMU. They have the edge because they are at home and have the better defense. If they don't turn the ball over and play sound defense they should make it back to Frisco. SDSU can put up points in a hurry but seem inconsistent at times against better defenses. Not to mention they tend to choke in big games so they got that going for them.

Besides games vs. Bison/ Montana, what other choke jobs are we talking about? Memory not serving me well and those were at least on the road (I remember the Montana was egregious for sure)

Bisonator
December 11th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Besides games vs. Bison/ Montana, what other choke jobs are we talking about? Memory not serving me well and those were at least on the road (I remember the Montana was egregious for sure)
Pretty much every playoffs in their existence. xlolx

centennial
December 11th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Pretty much every playoffs in their existence. xlolx
That's mostly just NDSU. But Stieg's teams can be inconsistent. I think they lost to EWU in 2013 season.

cx500d
December 11th, 2017, 09:32 PM
That's mostly just NDSU. But Stieg's teams can be inconsistent. I think they lost to EWU in 2013 season.

This is a different year....I would discount past history.

Bisonator
December 11th, 2017, 09:39 PM
This is a different year....I would discount past history.

I won't. We'll see though.

CappinHard
December 11th, 2017, 09:51 PM
While no pressure, he was 12-30 and minus two big plays was not impressive. Only 4 rushing means 7 dropping back and as stated, that has not bode well for anyone this year.

I can see why that would work so well against a QB that can't run well, but what I'm saying is Christion is different than Cantwell, and it won't work as well against him. Not to mention that SDSU has a couple receiving threats that are far superior to anything Weber State trotted out there.

JayMYou
December 11th, 2017, 10:51 PM
Looking for that perfect Christmas gift for the hard-to-buy-for SDSU fan on your shopping list this year???

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4526/27207721459_5c01a08922_b.jpg

I knew there had to be some sort of dark magic behind sandbagging of such an epic scale!

Jacks02
December 12th, 2017, 12:56 AM
This is a good synopsis of Christion. I checked out JMU's board and saw that someone said he's good at running but not a very good passer. I got a good chuckle out of that.

Christion can be inconsistent at times with his passing, and has stretches where his accuracy gets off. He can make all the throws though, and the fact he only had 8 INTs this year with as many passes as he attempted shows he isn't just a volume passer.

Thumper 76
December 12th, 2017, 02:23 AM
I’m watching the Weber JMU game right now and all I can say is please god can we have the announcers that were at the last two SDSU games instead of these jokers. My god.

DirtyDukes
December 12th, 2017, 08:51 AM

Unless a linebacker breaks on him when he starts to run and puts him in the ground hard.

Christion can be inconsistent at times with his passing, and has stretches where his accuracy gets off. He can make all the throws though, and the fact he only had 8 INTs this year with as many passes as he attempted shows he isn't just a volume passer.

Stony Brook's QB had 3 INTs when he came into the JMU game. He left with 8.

Professor Chaos
December 12th, 2017, 09:05 AM
I think this is something that is getting lost due to the Weber St game. If there's a pass defense at the FCS level that can neutralize SDSU's receivers and frustrate the hell out of Christion it's JMU. To be clear I'm not saying that's what will happen because JMU showed susceptibility to the deep ball against Weber and if they don't clean that up SDSU will exploit that to the fullest with #19. But I think Christion is going to have his fair share of struggles on Saturday... JMU's pass defense didn't give up 5 passing TDs to 24 INTs going into that Weber game just by dumb luck.

Anyone that thinks either of these teams can't be beaten by the other is greatly taking for granted the supreme quality of either SDSU's offense or JMU's defense.

jmufan999
December 12th, 2017, 09:10 AM
I think this is something that is getting lost due to the Weber St game. If there's a pass defense at the FCS level that can neutralize SDSU's receivers and frustrate the hell out of Christion it's JMU. To be clear I'm not saying that's what will happen because JMU showed susceptibility to the deep ball against Weber and if they don't clean that up SDSU will exploit that to the fullest with #19.

this is fair.

BNATION
December 12th, 2017, 09:15 AM
Pretty much every playoffs in their existence. xlolx 16' 2nd round blowout loss, 15' 1st round loss to a bad Montana team, 14' 2nd round loss, 13'2nd round blowout loss, 12' 2nd round blowout loss, 11' didnt make it.... definition of playoff mediocrity....

CappinHard
December 12th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Unless a linebacker breaks on him when he starts to run and puts him in the ground hard.

That will be a matchup to watch. He's pretty fast and shifty. If JMU's LB's can contain him to under 30 yards rushing, it will be tough for SDSU to win. Your LBs might be a bit preoccupied following Goedert though, unless they'll put a DB on him?

Wow, that's impressive. If Christion is throwing interceptions (more than 1), SDSU will have a tough time winning.

DirtyDukes
December 12th, 2017, 09:31 AM
That will be a matchup to watch. He's pretty fast and shifty. If JMU's LB's can contain him to under 30 yards rushing, it will be tough for SDSU to win. Your LBs might be a bit preoccupied following Goedert though, unless they'll put a DB on him?

Wow, that's impressive. If Christion is throwing interceptions (more than 1), SDSU will have a tough time winning.

Our LBs are very fast and we have a stable of what seems like 6-8 that we rotate thru.

I thought Goedert was Doubtful? xlolx

Jacked_Rabbit
December 12th, 2017, 09:48 AM
Any JMU fans have any tailgating recommendations or insight? We’ve got a decent sized group of Jackrabbit fans meeting up for some pregame festivities. Will there be much of a crowd? Should we reserve a couple of spots or just show up and take what’s available? Looking forward to what should be an entertaining game! See some of you this weekend...

Dukie95
December 12th, 2017, 09:48 AM
The CAA doesn't really have a QB like that....at least not a good one. I think UD and URI think they have that type of QB, but without nearly the supporting cast SDSU has.

BNATION
December 12th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Any JMU fans have any tailgating recommendations or insight? We’ve got a decent sized group of Jackrabbit fans meeting up for some pregame festivities. Will there be much of a crowd? Should we reserve a couple of spots or just show up and take what’s available? Looking forward to what should be an entertaining game! See some of you this weekend... Is it just me or is the two linemen who are mounting the Nebraska linemen coming off a little gay?

CappinHard
December 12th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Our LBs are very fast and we have a stable of what seems like 6-8 that we rotate thru.

I thought Goedert was Doubtful? xlolx

Ha, that's what Stig is putting out there for now I guess. He said questionable in a radio interview at 4 and doubtful in one at 6. If you ask me, he's just being coy, but who knows.

Jacked_Rabbit
December 12th, 2017, 10:04 AM
Is it just me or is the two linemen who are mounting the Nebraska linemen coming off a little gay?

Kinda like in Superbad, how Jonah Hill (Seth) could only see dicks when he looked at all foods and ink blot images, after getting busted with his Star Wars lunchbox dick treasure-chest of drawings.

The mind sees what it wants to see, I guess.

(Not that there is anything wrong with that... - Jerry Seinfeld)

DirtyDukes
December 12th, 2017, 10:05 AM
Any JMU fans have any tailgating recommendations or insight? We’ve got a decent sized group of Jackrabbit fans meeting up for some pregame festivities. Will there be much of a crowd? Should we reserve a couple of spots or just show up and take what’s available? Looking forward to what should be an entertaining game! See some of you this weekend...

Tailgates will be packed I would say - are you going to buy parking through SDSU or JMU? I'm not sure where the visitor lots are, but you should definitely walk down towards the field. There's a skinny lot adjacent to the interstate that is kind of the young/rowdy lot, then the older/richer donors are on Godwin field next to the stadium. PM if you want more info!

JmuSkinsfan
December 12th, 2017, 10:26 AM
TBD on the crowd. I'm optimistic that it'll be close to a sell-out (22k) ... and while student tickets are free, it is winter break move-out day. Of course, you're talking 1/4 of the student population, so hopefully the upperclassmen are able to make a strong appearance to mitigate however many freshman and sophomores living on campus may miss out. Although I know resident halls are closing late Saturday to accommodate.

The game-time is ideal, IMO. As long as the weather holds up, there should be a big crowd, hopefully 18-22k.

DirtyDukes hit on the two good, prime tailgate lots by the stadium. But if you general admission park you might get the convocation lot which is on the other side of I-81, but an easy walk to the stadium through the tunnel. There's usually a solid crowd tailgating there (likely where I'll be). I know during the regular season a lot of visiting fans chose to tailgate in the lot behind the Starbucks shopping center right off Exit 245 on 81 and just across from the south entrance to campus. This is also just a 10 minute walk to the stadium (you'll be able to see it from the tailgate). Not a great tailgating lot, but I do think that's where visitors tended to set up (free, general admission parking lot).

This being the playoffs, I'm not sure what, if anything changes about parking/tailgating regulations. But I would imagine that if you buy a parking pass, you'll be able to choose either Convocation lot or possibly the Hillside lot.

Okay, here's the link to the gameday parking map: http://jmusports.com/images/2017/7/6/2017_FB_GamedayParking.jpg

R1 and C4 are cash-lots that typically have good tailgates, of the younger alumni variety. Actually, only C4 might be a cash lot. I may be thinking about 2016, and it may have changed)

P-Lot tends to be the spot for younger alumni who donate to get the prime spot

Godwin Field and G-Lot are for the "high roller" tailgaters

Convocation Lot is where most of the "general" season ticket holders park, and a decent tailgating atmosphere

R2 Lot (bottom left in light gray, barely visible) is where I was referencing re: the Starbucks center and visitors lot area

OatmealWicket92
December 12th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Thought after watching both quarterfinal games, instant classic this Saturday.

The Duke Dog
December 12th, 2017, 11:11 AM

While our DBs are great providing blanket coverage, it has forced opposing QBs to press and take risks, throw the questionable pass which catches up with them. (AKA - The SB QB who normally took great care of the ball) This has been our recipe for success! Last weeks miscues - an anomaly IMO. I expect a great game!

Jacked_Rabbit
December 12th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Thanks, DirtyDukes and JMUSkinsfan, for the great info! Ideally, we'd like to be right in the mix of things and are certainly willing to pay for a couple reserved spots in the rowdier/younger section. Our group comsists mostly of former SDSU players and their smoke-show WAG's, although I was smart enough to leave mine home... haha.

Straight to the point, I f we were to reserve a couple spots through JMU (we don't care about cost), which lot would you most recommend for having a good time, drinking/grilling, and mixing it up with the JMU faithful in a respectful manner (ok, semi-respectful...)?

SkinsWizDukes
December 12th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Thanks, DirtyDukes and JMUSkinsfan, for the great info! Ideally, we'd like to be right in the mix of things and are certainly willing to pay for a couple reserved spots in the rowdier/younger section. Our group comsists mostly of former SDSU players and their smoke-show WAG's, although I was smart enough to leave mine home... haha.

Straight to the point, I f we were to reserve a couple spots through JMU (we don't care about cost), which lot would you most recommend for having a good time, drinking/grilling, and mixing it up with the JMU faithful in a respectful manner (ok, semi-respectful...)?

I'd recommend calling the JMU Ticket Office and seeing what options are available. They probably won't be able to give you an answer until after 5pm today which is the priority deadline for donors to request their tickets and parking. The best/most active tailgate lots are all donor lots so I'm not sure if you'll be able to get a pass through JMU even if there are some available. Maybe available on the secondary market.

P Lot is the first choice if you are able to lock one down. Regardless, you should make a point to walk through this lot at some point if you can't get a pass. You'll get some ribbing but you'll also get offered a lot of drinks.

Someone else may be more familiar with what the best non-donor tailgate lots are and can help out there in case the ticket office doesn't sell passes for the donor lots.

Enjoy the trip! I think you'll be impressed with our gameday atmosphere from tailgating, campus, and the stadium. Looking forward to a great game.

jmufan999
December 12th, 2017, 11:48 AM

oh yes i would assume either Brown or Greene (safeties) would be on him whenever possible. maybe even a CB. if SDSU then wants to use him as a blocker, we’ll take that even though it would be a size mismatch.

mcveyrl
December 12th, 2017, 11:56 AM
oh yes i would assume either Brown or Greene (safeties) would be on him whenever possible. maybe even a CB. if SDSU then wants to use him as a blocker, we’ll take that even though it would be a size mismatch.

I’m about halfway through rewatching Friday’s game, and it looks like Vollert was covered by Brown most of the time. Considering Goedert is the first team AA and Vollert is the second team AA, that’s probably pretty instructive in what we’ll do.

jmufan999
December 12th, 2017, 11:59 AM
I’m about halfway through rewatching Friday’s game, and it looks like Vollert was covered by Brown most of the time. Considering Goedert is the first team AA and Vollert is the second team AA, that’s probably pretty instructive in what we’ll do.

makes the most sense. i think Brown is a the best combination of speed, strength, and ball skills between the two.

Jacked_Rabbit
December 12th, 2017, 12:08 PM
I'd recommend calling the JMU Ticket Office and seeing what options are available. They probably won't be able to give you an answer until after 5pm today which is the priority deadline for donors to request their tickets and parking. The best/most active tailgate lots are all donor lots so I'm not sure if you'll be able to get a pass through JMU even if there are some available. Maybe available on the secondary market.

P Lot is the first choice if you are able to lock one down. Regardless, you should make a point to walk through this lot at some point if you can't get a pass. You'll get some ribbing but you'll also get offered a lot of drinks.

Someone else may be more familiar with what the best non-donor tailgate lots are and can help out there in case the ticket office doesn't sell passes for the donor lots.

Enjoy the trip! I think you'll be impressed with our gameday atmosphere from tailgating, campus, and the stadium. Looking forward to a great game.

Man, P-lot sounds like where it's at!! I've called over to the JMU ticket office and it sounds like R1 and Convocation lots are the only real options for non-donors. I'd be willing to purchase a P-lot pass if anyone is selling! We'd love to maximize our experience, if possible.

mcveyrl
December 12th, 2017, 12:44 PM
makes the most sense. i think Brown is a the best combination of speed, strength, and ball skills between the two.

Actually just got to the interception and that was a deep route where Vollert was lined up at the flanker. Robinson was covering him on that.

I've only watched the USD game and I don't remember many sets where SDSU has Goedert spread wide - but that's probably because they've got Weineke. Weber State didn't have a similar threat.

CappinHard
December 12th, 2017, 01:13 PM
Actually just got to the interception and that was a deep route where Vollert was lined up at the flanker. Robinson was covering him on that.

I've only watched the USD game and I don't remember many sets where SDSU has Goedert spread wide - but that's probably because they've got Weineke. Weber State didn't have a similar threat.

They move him around a lot to different positions and in motion, making it difficult for defenses to scheme against him. Off the top of my head, I would say that 60% of the time, he's lined up along the O line with the other 40% spread wide.

th0m
December 12th, 2017, 01:15 PM
Man, P-lot sounds like where it's at!! I've called over to the JMU ticket office and it sounds like R1 and Convocation lots are the only real options for non-donors. I'd be willing to purchase a P-lot pass if anyone is selling! We'd love to maximize our experience, if possible.

In that case it might be worthwhile to reach out to the JMU boards:

http://csnbbs.com/forum-685.html

Either way you'll have a great time!

JmuSkinsfan
December 12th, 2017, 01:38 PM

There's also the JMU Nation facebook group. Over 12k members, so you'd get some visibility, especially as an SDSU fan asking to buy a PLot ass. But I also don't know if you have to be a member to post or not. There's a ton of activity on there ... although be prepared to get some hell along with your request haha.

If you can't get your hands on a P-Lot pass(es), you probably can't go wrong with Convo or R1. Convo lot is a huge surface lot next to the basketball arena, and while it fills up with a lot of good tailgates, there's also quite a few folks who just use it to park, so you don't get as much of the "jammed in" tailgate scene. Similar set-up over in the R1 lot. Did they not say anything about C4/Hillside? That's a great, more compact lot, although I think that may have switched from day-of-cash to full-on donor lot, which is why they didn't inform you about that.

Professor Chaos
December 12th, 2017, 01:49 PM
There's also the JMU Nation facebook group. Over 12k members, so you'd get some visibility, especially as an SDSU fan asking to buy a PLot ass. But I also don't know if you have to be a member to post or not. There's a ton of activity on there ... although be prepared to get some hell along with your request haha.

If you can't get your hands on a P-Lot pass(es), you probably can't go wrong with Convo or R1. Convo lot is a huge surface lot next to the basketball arena, and while it fills up with a lot of good tailgates, there's also quite a few folks who just use it to park, so you don't get as much of the "jammed in" tailgate scene. Similar set-up over in the R1 lot. Did they not say anything about C4/Hillside? That's a great, more compact lot, although I think that may have switched from day-of-cash to full-on donor lot, which is why they didn't inform you about that.
Is that legal there???

CappinHard
December 12th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Is that legal there???

I was thinking the same thing. I wasn't going to make the trip, but now I'm reconsidering.

mcveyrl
December 12th, 2017, 01:52 PM
They move him around a lot to different positions and in motion, making it difficult for defenses to scheme against him. Off the top of my head, I would say that 60% of the time, he's lined up along the O line with the other 40% spread wide.

That makes sense. If Christion throws a good ball you guys had about a 98 yard TD pass against USD. That looked like a wheel route behind a USD zone, but he was as good as gone.

I would guess that if he's spread wide, they'll stick a CB on him, but if he's in tight they'll put Jordan Brown (our Jordan Brown, no your Jordan Brown:)) on him.

jmufan999
December 12th, 2017, 03:15 PM

Convo is not opening until 1:00 due to graduation. Just a heads up. If you're looking for a giant party, it's P-lot, but good luck getting a decent price from someone.

SkinsWizDukes
December 12th, 2017, 03:17 PM

Also to note, convo Lot won’t open until 1pm on Saturday due to graduation. The R1 Lot I believe will open at 8am. Something to keep in mind if you aren’t able to secure a pass in a donor lot.

mcveyrl
December 12th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Just finished watching the JMU/Weber State replay. I'm not sure how anybody that really watched that again could say that we have no chance winning on Saturday. Schor had a bad game, no question, but he made some throws when he needed to. The defense was really good, just not great like it had been. We actually did get some good pressure on Cantwell. He was on his back for almost every long throw, so it's not like he had a ton of time, he just made some great throws. Our safety made two bad plays that cost us touchdowns, but other than that Weber State only had one sustained drive that led to points. It wasn't our best game of the year, but I think we could have that same production - with a couple of friendly bounces - and still win on Saturday. We can also play much better than that and get beat by a good SDSU team, so I'm not saying we're definitely going to win or anything like that, just that Friday night was not nearly as bad as some people are saying.

Also of note: Stapleton was the stud Friday night, but he almost doubled his yards for the year that night. Our normal stud, Terrence Alls, was blanketed by the Big Sky defensive player of he year, who was a beast. I'm sure that affected Schor some early, and Stapleton was his adjustment. I would expect that SDSU Jordan Brown will be the one assigned to Alls, so it will be interesting to see whether we need to make the same adjustment earlier in the game.

CappinHard
December 12th, 2017, 04:24 PM
Just finished watching the JMU/Weber State replay. I'm not sure how anybody that really watched that again could say that we have no chance winning on Saturday. Schor had a bad game, no question, but he made some throws when he needed to. The defense was really good, just not great like it had been. We actually did get some good pressure on Cantwell. He was on his back for almost every long throw, so it's not like he had a ton of time, he just made some great throws. Our safety made two bad plays that cost us touchdowns, but other than that Weber State only had one sustained drive that led to points. It wasn't our best game of the year, but I think we could have that same production - with a couple of friendly bounces - and still win on Saturday. We can also play much better than that and get beat by a good SDSU team, so I'm not saying we're definitely going to win or anything like that, just that Friday night was not nearly as bad as some people are saying.

Also of note: Stapleton was the stud Friday night, but he almost doubled his yards for the year that night. Our normal stud, Terrence Alls, was blanketed by the Big Sky defensive player of he year, who was a beast. I'm sure that affected Schor some early, and Stapleton was his adjustment. I would expect that SDSU Jordan Brown will be the one assigned to Alls, so it will be interesting to see whether we need to make the same adjustment earlier in the game.

Who said JMU has no chance of winning? NDSU trolls don't count.

cx500d
December 12th, 2017, 05:45 PM

I think JMU is still favored.

mcveyrl
December 12th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Who said JMU has no chance of winning? NDSU trolls don't count.

Well, in that case, nobody...😋

BisonFan02
December 12th, 2017, 09:30 PM
SDSU is going to choke. Riverboat Stig will do something incredibly stupid....and then make no corrections when game isnt going as planned. #bookit

CappinHard
December 12th, 2017, 09:45 PM
SDSU is going to choke. Riverboat Stig will do something incredibly stupid....and then make no corrections when game isnt going as planned. #bookit

Speaking of NDSU trolls. Your ears must have been burning from a few posts ago.

Also, the second half of your post is very likely unfortunately. Adjustments are not Stig's forte. It's usually due to a team doing something he didn't expect and just thinking that his players are good enough to figure it out. He's good at game to game adjustments, not in game adjustments.

BisonFan02
December 12th, 2017, 09:45 PM
Speaking of NDSU trolls. Your ears must have been burning from a few posts ago.

Wait, am I a NDSU troll?

CappinHard
December 12th, 2017, 09:48 PM
Wait, am I a NDSU troll?

I'm not sure, I don't keep track of your posts. It was just funny that you showed up 3 posts after I mentioned NDSU trolls and said that SDSU is going to choke.

BisonFan02
December 12th, 2017, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure, I don't keep track of your posts. It was just funny that you showed up 3 posts after I mentioned NDSU trolls and said that SDSU is going to choke.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohzdIuqJoo8QdKlnW/giphy.gif

cx500d
December 12th, 2017, 10:16 PM
Wait, am I a NDSU troll?

Welcome to the club!

Thumper 76
December 13th, 2017, 12:41 AM
Reading the JMU board is interesting to me. They seem similar to NDSU fans in one aspect: they think that their LBs can cover Goedert. I don’t doubt their defense is as good as NDSU, but I doubt they have the LBs to cover Goedert straight up if he plays.

Watching the Weber game I’m guessing SDSU uses a very similar game plan that they had vs NDSU. The teams are just too similar, even though I think Stick is a better passer than Schor. It will be interesting to see what we do to defend the spread out run game of the Dukes compared to the West Coast of the Bison, but I’m betting the strategy is to try to force Schor to have to beat us through the air. If the Dukes can run as well as they did on Weber it’s going to be a long day for the Jacks I think. If SDSU gets up early though it will be interesting to see if it affects JMU like it did vs Weber.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 13th, 2017, 01:03 AM
JMU's defensive scheme is a 2-4-5. So we have 5 DBs and 2 LBs. I don't know enough honestly about the Xs and Os to explain how that will translate to coverage on Goedert, but know that the scheme generally relies on a good front four pass rush - especially the 2 edge rushers - to pressure QBs into uncomfortable throws in tight coverage. Over the years, the games that get out of hand the fastest for JMU are those when there is no pressure on QBs (doesn't really matter whether a statue or a scrambling freak) and the team can run on us. If our DBs have to adjust and either bring more pressure or cover the gaps in the line on the run game, the passes over the top open up. Or, as was the case with our early playoff losses vs. Liberty and Colgate (albeit, with a very poorly coached Defense under Coach Withers), the opponent's O-line just dominates and the team controls the clock and runs it down our throats when it matters. Missed tackles were an issue then, but they are now more the exception than the rule.

I expect SDSU to complete plenty of passes. It's the YAC that matters. JMU's defense is built on speed more than power. The Dukes attack the ball very well and sure up tackles. This is a very simple recipe for solid defense. Add to it that they are ball hawks and it starts to get crazy good. Weber got a couple really fine throws in tight coverage. I think Goedert will get his touches, but it will be interesting to see how he handles the Dukes' pressure. Any fan of football should be super excited to see a talent like Goedert get his chance against a defense like JMU. This can only help his stock in the NFL IMO unless he really lays an egg. I expect him to win a battle for the ball, but be limited in his YAC. Will it be enough for SDSU? Probably depends on who wins the turnover and/or field position game within the game.

I am worried less about skill positions and more about JMU controlling the line of scrimmage. This game will be won in the trenches. Slight edge to each team's defense against their respective offenses.

For more on the 2-4-5 and 3-3 modern defenses:

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2015/5/1/8528407/modern-defense-and-the-2-4-5-vs-the-3-3-5

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2017, 01:35 AM
Welcome to the club!

No invite?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2017, 06:22 AM
Goedert even playing in this game?

Will Stig say he has a 1% chance of playing and then roll him out there like Austin Sumner a few years ago?

jmufan999
December 13th, 2017, 08:28 AM
we don't run a 2-4-5, we run a 4-2-5.

and we do have incredibly athletic linebackers, but no, i don't anticipate one of them will be on Goedert very often. it's going to be Jordan Brown most of the game. remember, we just played the 2nd team All-American TE last week, now we get the 1st teamer. and yes, Weber moves Vollert all over the field just like Goedert.

mcveyrl made some great points. some of Weber's plays were, frankly, just fantastic plays. there was a long TD to Batchelor in the endzone and he's draped by 2 JMU defenders. he just made a huge play, give him credit. likewise, SDSU will make some great plays. we need to limit the big gainers and maybe get more than just 1 turnover. if we win the turnover margin, we'll have an excellent chance of winning. no idea if that will happen.

DirtyDukes
December 13th, 2017, 08:40 AM
If our offense plays as well as it did last week against a great WSU defense without so many mistakes we will win.

mcveyrl
December 13th, 2017, 08:42 AM

and we do have incredibly athletic linebackers, but no, i don't anticipate one of them will be on Goedert very often. it's going to be Jordan Brown most of the game. remember, we just played the 2nd team All-American TE last week, now we get the 1st teamer. and yes, Weber moves Vollert all over the field just like Goedert.

mcveyrl made some great points. some of Weber's plays were, frankly, just fantastic plays. there was a long TD to Batchelor in the endzone and he's draped by 2 JMU defenders. he just made a huge play, give him credit. likewise, SDSU will make some great plays. we need to limit the big gainers and maybe get more than just 1 turnover. if we win the turnover margin, we'll have an excellent chance of winning. no idea if that will happen.

I agree, I made some great points..:D

And I think you're right, probably just need to look at how we covered Vollert to get an indication of how we'll cover Goedert - although our coaches will know that SDSU's coaches are smart enough to look at that film and try to throw a wrinkle in that plan. Our key on defense will be to limit the big plays. Against South Dakota, one of the TDs was a simple curl to Weineke that he broke two (terrible) tackles and housed it. We can't let that happen. Let him catch it, but take him down. Raven Greene backing up whoever is covering Weineke is going to be huge. If he plays the man instead of the ball, the 81 yard TD pass by Weber doesn't happen. Raven will need to limit his mistakes - which I guess is true with everybody.

TheOrangeJoker
December 13th, 2017, 09:11 AM
I believe SDSU takes this one.

Theee Catrabbit
December 13th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Goedert even playing in this game?

Will Stig say he has a 1% chance of playing and then roll him out there like Austin Sumner a few years ago?

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.NNMDwdcZfkvIHq6v5m4uEgHgEg&w=300&h=175&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.7

Theee Catrabbit
December 13th, 2017, 09:43 AM

And I think you're right, probably just need to look at how we covered Vollert to get an indication of how we'll cover Goedert - although our coaches will know that SDSU's coaches are smart enough to look at that film and try to throw a wrinkle in that plan. Our key on defense will be to limit the big plays. Against South Dakota, one of the TDs was a simple curl to Weineke that he broke two (terrible) tackles and housed it. We can't let that happen. Let him catch it, but take him down. Raven Greene backing up whoever is covering Weineke is going to be huge. If he plays the man instead of the ball, the 81 yard TD pass by Weber doesn't happen. Raven will need to limit his mistakes - which I guess is true with everybody.

here's the problem for you those "terrible tackles" Weineke breaks all the time. He
s just too big and strong for those little DB's to take down. And forget about it if Goedert gets in the open field, he drags 3 players with him for 5 to 10 yards and you just stare in amazement as he does it. They have been two of the most entertaining players I have ever watched at SDSU, my greatest fear is they will end up on the Cowboys or some stupid **** like that.

here is our Sioux Falls paper that covers the Jacks. Zimmer is the beat writer and he does a great job. This really is a big deal here so there should be daily articles. You get 5 freebies(per device). So feel free to peruse some of the videos and archives.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/south-dakota-state-university/2017/12/12/fcs-playoffs-south-dakota-state-faces-its-biggest-challenge-yet-no-1-james-madison/945105001/

Jacks02
December 13th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Jake Wieneke spotlight video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RahIY8IJqIA

centennial
December 13th, 2017, 11:00 AM
Reading the JMU board is interesting to me. They seem similar to NDSU fans in one aspect: they think that their LBs can cover Goedert. I don’t doubt their defense is as good as NDSU, but I doubt they have the LBs to cover Goedert straight up if he plays.

Watching the Weber game I’m guessing SDSU uses a very similar game plan that they had vs NDSU. The teams are just too similar, even though I think Stick is a better passer than Schor. It will be interesting to see what we do to defend the spread out run game of the Dukes compared to the West Coast of the Bison, but I’m betting the strategy is to try to force Schor to have to beat us through the air. If the Dukes can run as well as they did on Weber it’s going to be a long day for the Jacks I think. If SDSU gets up early though it will be interesting to see if it affects JMU like it did vs Weber.

Both teams play good defense. Schematically, they are different.

NDSU runs Tampa 2, Cover 3 hybrid. JMU runs 4-2-5. Offensively, JMU runs spread concepts. Their closest equivalent in the MVFC would be UNI IMO. Running with 3-4 wide outs, and SDSU has seen this. NDSU runs a pro, power, West Coast, Spread offense hybrid( basically we run whatever we want).

JMU and NDSU aren't alike teams IMO.

DirtyDukes
December 13th, 2017, 11:30 AM

NDSU runs Tampa 2, Cover 3 hybrid. JMU runs 4-2-5. Offensively, JMU runs spread concepts. Their closest equivalent in the MVFC would be UNI IMO. Running with 3-4 wide outs, and SDSU has seen this. NDSU runs a pro, power, West Coast, Spread offense hybrid( basically we run whatever we want).

Yeah JMU is like 10 points better away

Thumper 76
December 13th, 2017, 12:05 PM

Man, if you think whatever you did vs any other TE in the FCS is the strategy to stopping Goedert then he’s going to have a huge game. He is that much better.

here's the problem for you those "terrible tackles" Weineke breaks all the time. He
s just too big and strong for those little DB's to take down. And forget about it if Goedert gets in the open field, he drags 3 players with him for 5 to 10 yards and you just stare in amazement as he does it. They have been two of the most entertaining players I have ever watched at SDSU, my greatest fear is they will end up on the Cowboys or some stupid **** like that.

here is our Sioux Falls paper that covers the Jacks. Zimmer is the beat writer and he does a great job. This really is a big deal here so there should be daily articles. You get 5 freebies(per device). So feel free to peruse some of the videos and archives.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/south-dakota-state-university/2017/12/12/fcs-playoffs-south-dakota-state-faces-its-biggest-challenge-yet-no-1-james-madison/945105001/
Or just go to his articles through twitter and read as many as you want xlolx

Schematically, sure. What they focus on and their teams general make up? They are alike whether you like it or not.

mcveyrl
December 13th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Man, if you think whatever you did vs any other TE in the FCS is the strategy to stopping Goedert then he’s going to have a huge game. He is that much better.

Or just go to his articles through twitter and read as many as you want xlolx

Schematically, sure. What they focus on and their teams general make up? They are alike whether you like it or not.

I never said that’s how we stop him, I just said that’s how we’d probably cover him. But you’re right, we’re probably doomed no matter what we do. There’s no stopping TE Jesus. No scheme is good enough, no player strong enough, to tame....TE Jesus. You might want to see if he can play LB...or DT...or somewhere where he can stop the other team from running right up the middle.

In all seriousness, I expect Goedert or weineke to get 100 yards receiving in the game, but I think if both of them are in triple digits we’re in trouble. Question for SDSU fans (and other MVFC fans): if you had to focus on taking away Weineke or Goedert which would you do?

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2017, 12:25 PM
I never said that’s how we stop him, I just said that’s how we’d probably cover him. But you’re right, we’re probably doomed no matter what we do. There’s no stopping TE Jesus. No scheme is good enough, no player strong enough, to tame....TE Jesus. You might want to see if he can play LB...or DT...or somewhere where he can stop the other team from running right up the middle.

In all seriousness, I expect Goedert or weineke to get 100 yards receiving in the game, but I think if both of them are in triple digits we’re in trouble. Question for SDSU fans (and other MVFC fans): if you had to focus on taking away Weineke or Goedert which would you do?

Neither, the correct answer is TC. That is your only hope of stopping both. Take him off his game and they are forced to rely more heavily on Mangarelli at RB, and then this way you can clogs the running lanes. If you can get to him early and not let him find a rhythm, you have a solid chance at winning.

Theee Catrabbit
December 13th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Question for SDSU fans (and other MVFC fans): if you had to focus on taking away Weineke or Goedert which would you do?

personally, I'd do what everyone else is doing. Take away Weineke. Goedert still has to make those TD's happen. Weineke is just pitch and catch down the field, big plays. Goedert still has to rumble to get his big plays, so if you can pile 3 guys on him. We saw last Saturday when Goedert was taken out, i think UNH thought if they stopped Goedert, they'd win. They didn't adjust for Weineke becoming the focus. Fortunately when Wieneke becomes the focus then there are a ton of receivers: Anderson, Johnson, Brown, Lewis, Wilde, who just step up and make it happen. Wilde is probably the "worst" of those receivers and he'd probably easily start as a 2 or 3 on other FCS teams.

That all being said SDSU is probably going to run for 250 yards on Saturday.

Thumper 76
December 13th, 2017, 12:30 PM

I tend to lean neither and say stop the run to make us one dimensional, but it I had to pick one I would go with Weineke, mostly because NDSU has shown you can shut him down. The other option is to have your D line in TCs face all game, but the offensive line has been playing at a pretty high level so that’s not the easiest thing. Goedert is tougher to stop. Big thing with Goedert is to go low on him after the catch, or he will toss your DBs around like the Hulk and Loki, ask NDSU fans. That and he tends to make a catch along these lines every game:
https://cdn.herosports.com/upload/files/2017/10/goedert-catch.gif

He’s not mini Jesus or anything but he’s pretty incredible. He won’t be able to beat as complete of a team as JMU as they are very capable of doing exactly what YSU did to us. In fact I’m pseudo waiting for that to happen.

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2017, 12:41 PM
personally, I'd do what everyone else is doing. Take away Weineke. Goedert still has to make those TD's happen. Weineke is just pitch and catch down the field, big plays. Goedert still has to rumble to get his big plays, so if you can pile 3 guys on him. We saw last Saturday when Goedert was taken out, i think UNH thought if they stopped Goedert, they'd win. They didn't adjust for Weineke becoming the focus. Fortunately when Wieneke becomes the focus then there are a ton of receivers: Anderson, Johnson, Brown, Lewis, Wilde, who just step up and make it happen. Wilde is probably the "worst" of those receivers and he'd probably easily start as a 2 or 3 on other FCS teams.

That all being said SDSU is probably going to run for 250 yards on Saturday.
You seriously believe that??? Or did I just take the troll hook?

CappinHard
December 13th, 2017, 01:02 PM
Neither, the correct answer is TC. That is your only hope of stopping both. Take him off his game and they are forced to rely more heavily on Mangarelli at RB, and then this way you can clogs the running lanes. If you can get to him early and not let him find a rhythm, you have a solid chance at winning.

This.

PantherRob82
December 13th, 2017, 01:34 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26780&stc=1
Dear Baby Jesus who plays tight end for the Jackrabbits...

Bisonator
December 13th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Expect Stig to throw some type of wildcat formations and trickeration too. I expect him to pull out all the tricks in the bag. Don't be shocked if there are some twisted Dukes ankles and SDSU players having menstrual cramps on the field.xcoffeex

Thumper 76
December 13th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Expect Stig to throw some type of wildcat formations and trickeration too. I expect him to pull out all the tricks in the bag. Don't be shocked if there are some twisted Dukes ankles and SDSU players having menstrual cramps on the field.xcoffeex

Slow day at the office? xcoffeex

Bisonator
December 13th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Slow day at the office? xcoffeex

No, why do you ask?

jmufan999
December 13th, 2017, 03:30 PM

i also clearly remember that trick play they used against NDSU in the playoffs last year, and i believe they ran the same play this year in the playoffs. anyone know what i'm talking about? it was either a direct snap to a RB, something like that? i think it worked against NDSU last year, i don't remember the result this year. Stig must be a gambler.

Houston doesn't gamble much, except for the fake punts. but those are not called, the punter just has the option to take off if he sees an opening. the fact that he kicks with either foot makes it tough to defend (he's an Australian Rules Football player from... well, Australia). i think it's been scaled back for a while but we may need every play we can get in this game. wouldn't stun me to see a punt fake.

th0m
December 13th, 2017, 03:51 PM
“Honey there’s a guy claiming they’re gonna rush 250 yards on saturday”

Evolution Prime
December 13th, 2017, 03:57 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/EvolutionPrime/Mobile%20Uploads/ankle_zpscm8polm4.jpg

centennial
December 13th, 2017, 04:06 PM
i also clearly remember that trick play they used against NDSU in the playoffs last year, and i believe they ran the same play this year in the playoffs. anyone know what i'm talking about? it was either a direct snap to a RB, something like that? i think it worked against NDSU last year, i don't remember the result this year. Stig must be a gambler.

Houston doesn't gamble much, except for the fake punts. but those are not called, the punter just has the option to take off if he sees an opening. the fact that he kicks with either foot makes it tough to defend (he's an Australian Rules Football player from... well, Australia). i think it's been scaled back for a while but we may need every play we can get in this game. wouldn't stun me to see a punt fake.
Stig will take as many chances as I've seen at the FCS level. Only Stitt came close. But only if his team is close or behind. Usually these chance games are reserved for NDSU but he does take some gambles.

JacksFan40
December 13th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Stig will take as many chances as I've seen at the FCS level. Only Stitt came close. But only if his team is close or behind. Usually these chance games are reserved for NDSU but he does take some gambles.
Ran a fake field goal against Montana State early in the season.

Theee Catrabbit
December 13th, 2017, 05:20 PM
I have to say the number of trick plays Stig has ran in the last couple years has been astonishing......he used to refer to that as communist football

And make no mistakes about it Rozeboom will break your dog's ankles if he gets the chance, he does this when no one can see it....or ever sees it.....it's so fast it can't even be caught on videotape or by refs...it's been so horrendous that he gets awards for it......

centennial
December 13th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Ran a fake field goal against Montana State early in the season.

Like I said he does take gambles. But NDSU has gotten a lot of them. Like the game NDSU lost to SDSU last year.

uni88
December 13th, 2017, 07:04 PM

I've just been a fan this year and watched UNI play on TV without any analysis and haven't broken down JMU in any way either but from what I've read on here UNI is similar to JMU offensively and defensively. Offensively as Centennial pointed out and defensively based on analysis that CLenz provided in another thread. UNI runs a hybrid defense with similarities to Gary Patterson's 4-2-5 defense. In the TCU defense the extra DB is a weakside safety and either the strong and/or weak safety can come up and essentially play outside LB. It's a very versatile defense that can match up against spread teams (Big 12 and Mountain West with Boise & Utah) and power (Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl). Those safeties can cover and hit, Brian Urlacher was recruited to play safety in that defense at New Mexico. If you have to cover a guy like Goedert than a 4-2-5 safety is probably one of your best options. Playing UNI twice this year will be pretty good prep for SDSU.

Weber had a great gameplan and never quit but IMO Houston is to good of coach not to clean up some of the issues that JMU had against them. This game will be won in the trenches, if TC has time that receiving core will get open and/or he'll make plays with his feet. If JMU gets to him, they'll control the tempo and the game. The odds favor JMU at home but not by much.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2017, 08:23 AM
tough game to pick

Reasons to pick JMU
Home team
better Defense
better Coach
been there and done this
Schor wins alot

Reasons to pick SDSU
JMU showed last week they are beatable
Real skill at skill positons
the JMU OL is not that good right now
JMU offense is out of synch just a bit

the wildcard will be the refs - if we see another **** show like what happened for the Sammy Kennesaw game ...... it just detracts from the game when it turns into the yellow rain show

G_funky
December 14th, 2017, 09:23 AM
Key to beating the Jacks is being able to find #44. He’s legally a little person and when they run the zone read he tends to disappear before re-emerging for a 8 yard gain.

th0m
December 14th, 2017, 09:38 AM
It almost sounds like every player on SDSU's roster is the key player to beat

G_funky
December 14th, 2017, 09:43 AM
It almost sounds like every player on SDSU's roster is the key player to beat

My post was only half serious.

He’s capable, tho.

SDSU does have some role guys outside of their “big 3” that can hurt a defense if they aren’t accounted for. TC doesn’t seem to mind getting them the football if they’re

th0m
December 14th, 2017, 11:03 AM
How do you send players from iPhones using Tapatalk? That's a cool feature.

Thumper 76
December 14th, 2017, 03:50 PM
How do you send players from iPhones using Tapatalk? That's a cool feature.

You mean a gif or a picture?

Schism55
December 14th, 2017, 03:53 PM
As has been mentioned, how the refs call PI will have a huge impact on this game. Hopefully they let DB's play somewhat aggressively,if so I have JMU in a close game.