PDA

View Full Version : Tubby Raymond RIP

bluehenbillk
December 8th, 2017, 02:39 PM
http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2017/12/08/long-time-university-delaware-football-coach-tubby-raymond-dies-92/935617001/

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2017, 02:48 PM
RIP Tubby, I haven't got the words right now, he was 92 but still not ready to hear this sad news

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 8th, 2017, 02:56 PM
I thought maybe his health was declining since I havent heard about him recently. I know he remained pretty vocal supporter of Hen football after his retirement.

RIP Tubby

Gangtackle11
December 8th, 2017, 03:02 PM
RIP Tubby.

Schism55
December 8th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Sad news indeed.
Thoughts and condolences to his friends/family/Blue Hen nation.
Cheers for a long life lived well.
RIP

kdinva
December 8th, 2017, 03:14 PM
thoughts and prayers to the Blue Hens......and a need to celebrate a wonderful, full life..

GannonFan
December 8th, 2017, 03:21 PM
A true legend and an institution in every good way at UD. Glad he got to lead a long and fulfilling life and his positive impact on UD will be felt for years to come. Gonna miss ya, Tubby.

AshevilleApp2
December 8th, 2017, 03:25 PM
RIP.

MR. CHICKEN
December 8th, 2017, 04:45 PM
...AH MAN!.......AH LOVED DUH GUY........:(.....BRAWK!

dwtime
December 8th, 2017, 04:52 PM
Great coach for some great Delaware teams. RIP Tubby.

cx500d
December 8th, 2017, 07:14 PM
Great coach for some great Delaware teams. RIP Tubby.

I won a state high school football championship on a team running the Delaware Wing T. RIP Tubby.

Daytripper
December 8th, 2017, 07:39 PM
RIP Tubby.

OL FU
December 8th, 2017, 08:01 PM
Sad for the UD fans. RIP to a legend.

Ivytalk
December 8th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Great coach, great guy, great American. We’ll miss him.

Seawolf97
December 8th, 2017, 08:48 PM
RIP Coach for a job well done.

CHIP72
December 8th, 2017, 10:43 PM
Somewhere, the Phillie Phanatic is taking a break from entertaining the fans and is bowing his head in respect and sadness to honor his "original" "father". Condolences to your son Dave.

RIP Tubby Raymond, you'll be missed.

Vermont
December 9th, 2017, 07:56 AM
Very sad news. Tubby Raymond was a man who always made a difference. God bless he and his family.

ngineer
December 9th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Yes, Tubby was a classic football coach. His rivalry with John Whitehead during the 1970's was great. All football. I buddy of mine who was a CEO had an employee retiring who was a UD alum, and he wanted to get him a unique retirement gift. My buddy played for Lehigh on the OL in the early 1970's and was All-American. So in the early 1990's he calls Delaware to try and speak with Tubby to see if he could send an autographed football jersey. Raymond answered the phone and Dan introduced himself only by name and Tubby remembered him immediately as an old opposing lineman. Obviously, after some good-natured razzing he sent the autographed jersey. I was recruited by Tubby in 1969. My uncle played for Nelson in the mid-1950's. Enjoyed my visit to UD, but felt a smaller school was better for me. However, thought the world of Tubby. RIP.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2017, 06:53 PM
Somewhere, the Phillie Phanatic is taking a break from entertaining the fans and is bowing his head in respect and sadness to honor his "original" "father". Condolences to your son Dave.

RIP Tubby Raymond, you'll be missed.

Tubby's son was a punter for the Bluehens around 76, 77 and later went on to be the Phillies mascot the Phillie Phanatic is what 72 is kind of saying here just in case it wasn't that clear

centraljerseycat
December 9th, 2017, 07:18 PM
RIP Tubby...a worthy adversary indeed. As competitive and heated as the rivalry is and as much as Blue Hen fans dislike all things Villanova, I always loved hearing the stories of mutual respect and friendship between Tubby and Talley.

BlueHenSinfonian
December 9th, 2017, 11:19 PM
RIP Tubby.

Not only was he a great coach, but by all accounts he was a great man, who lived his life honorably and strove to be a good role model throughout.

Go...gate
December 10th, 2017, 01:46 AM
Sorry to hear this.

Harold "Tubby" Raymond was a great coach and role model to the young men in his charge.

The kind of coach you would be happy to send your son to play for.