PDA

View Full Version : Weber State at JMU (Quarterfinal)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

th0m
December 3rd, 2017, 03:16 PM
Friday night game, Big Sky vs CAA. I've gotta go back and watch the SUU game but it looked like Weber pretty much shut them down after that 10-0 rip by them. Who ya got?

cx500d
December 3rd, 2017, 03:21 PM
Friday night game, Big Sky vs CAA. I've gotta go back and watch the SUU game but it looked like Weber pretty much shut them down after that 10-0 rip by them. Who ya got?

Jmu wins easily. This is big fluffy we are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonBacker
December 3rd, 2017, 03:25 PM
This is going to be ugly for Weber. JMU Rolls in this one.

Grizzlies82
December 3rd, 2017, 03:26 PM
Jmu wins easily. This is big fluffy we are talking about.

Weber State pulls down another road win. In other news, MVFC will be fortunate if any of their teams remain in tourney after Saturday.

katss07
December 3rd, 2017, 03:34 PM
Another slow start by JMU, but another Dukes victory. Weber will keep it close for a half, then JMu pulls away and wins by 3 scores. Don’t see how Weber overcomes this one.

Terry2889
December 3rd, 2017, 03:38 PM
Tough for Weber to fly east on a short week and take on a brutal defense in JMU. JMU wins by at least two scores I think.

jmu007
December 3rd, 2017, 03:46 PM
From watching the Weber St. vs SUU game, Weber doesn't appear to do anything on offense the Dukes defense hasn't seen. Short week shouldn't affect preparation from that regard. Hard to gauge much watching previous two games for them as they were both against teams we don't have any common opponents with. I'm hopeful the JMU run game picks it up a notch after watching SB load the box just about the entire game to their own demise leaving the JMU WRs in 1 on 1 match ups all day. Hard to think Weber does the exact same thing, but who knows... every team JMU has played this year seems to think making Schor beat them with his arm is a good idea just to watch him pick them apart.

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2017, 03:57 PM
I think Weber is better than a lot of folks seem to be giving them credit for. I keep my AGS poll ballot updated each week throughout the playoffs even though we don't vote until after Frisco and I've got Weber as the #4 team in the FCS right now. They're legit. I think JMU will win but I think they'll struggle to score on Weber St. Maybe some think like a 20 to 10 final where JMU doesn't salt it away until late.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2017, 04:06 PM
I think Weber is better than a lot of folks seem to be giving them credit for. I keep my AGS poll ballot updated each week throughout the playoffs even though we don't vote until after Frisco and I've got Weber as the #4 team in the FCS right now. They're legit. I think JMU will win but I think they'll struggle to score on Weber St. Maybe some think like a 20 to 10 final where JMU doesn't salt it away until late.

sorry professor but even a JMU not up to last years standards will win this game easily with Defense, Weber State just as good as Stony Brook though

MTfan4life
December 3rd, 2017, 04:13 PM
We all remember what happened the last time a #1 James Madison hosted a Friday night televised playoff game against the Big Sky champ that had just avenged an earlier season loss against their conference co-champion counterpart. ;)

kalm
December 3rd, 2017, 04:18 PM
It will be tough for Weber to get the win here but a few reasons why they might have a shot...

JMU's defense is unbelievably good but they've faced exactly 2 in the FCS top 50 in total offense with Richmond at 10 and Maine at 47. Weber has faced 3 top 10 offense, 5 in the top 20, and 9 in the top 50 and still managed to rank 10th in scoring defense at 16.5 ppg including 14 in conference play.

Like all good teams Weber is talented at multiple levels. Vollert might be the 2nd best TE in FCS behind Goedert, Taron Johnson was the conference defensive MVP at corner. Both corners are talented and can man up. Batchelor is solid at WR and Garrett is a capable back. Cantwell won't impress you with numbers but he makes few mistakes and is very good at running read options and QB draws.

I'd be surprised if the offense can score more than 17 and I think JMU will win but Weber is a very solid team.

Madisonian
December 3rd, 2017, 04:40 PM
We all remember what happened the last time a #1 James Madison hosted a Friday night televised playoff game against the Big Sky champ that had just avenged an earlier season loss against their conference co-champion counterpart. ;)

I remember when Montana won playoff games!

RootinFerDukes
December 3rd, 2017, 04:43 PM

You forgot the “9 years ago and one round later” part.

CommishBigSmooth
December 3rd, 2017, 05:10 PM

Prof is right on this IMHO. Weber's the 4th best team left in the field. That 20-10 score seems about exactly right. Weber is no slouch and has beaten two very solid teams the last few weeks. I expect a pretty competitive game with JMU grinding a win out.

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2017, 05:17 PM
I remember when Montana won playoff games!
Better prepare yourself for it to happen again.xcoffeex

veinup
December 3rd, 2017, 05:39 PM
love that Batchelor kid.

kalm
December 3rd, 2017, 05:42 PM
Better prepare yourself for it to happen again.xcoffeex

Looking forward to it. We need our wins against you to count as quality during our bubble seasons.

I Bleed Purple
December 3rd, 2017, 05:51 PM
Go team?

Or is this no longer a game thread featuring teams with a purple color scheme?

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2017, 05:52 PM
Looking forward to it. We need our wins against you to count as quality during our bubble seasons.
xcoffeexxcoffeex

Bisonoline
December 3rd, 2017, 05:53 PM
Weber State pulls down another road win. In other news, MVFC will be fortunate if any of their teams remain in tourney after Saturday.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26672&stc=1

BNATION
December 3rd, 2017, 06:12 PM
I think this is a sneaky close game. JMU gets the W from what I've seen from both teams. Love that JMU defense.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2017, 08:32 PM
Weber's defense is pretty good and this game will be close.

mmiller_34
December 3rd, 2017, 09:33 PM
I voted for James Madison here.

ElCid
December 3rd, 2017, 11:04 PM
I think this is a sneaky close game. JMU gets the W from what I've seen from both teams. Love that JMU defense.

Houston is really a defense guy.

32counter
December 3rd, 2017, 11:23 PM
This outcome will not be pretty.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 08:01 AM
Yes, I love how his teams play, 65-7 i know.... Anyways I think Shor has a good night and the defense is stout. 31-16 JMU.

Houston is really a defense guy.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2017, 08:05 AM
the question for me is Weber State any better than Stony Brook? probably not, JMU not at last years level on offense but won't need to be if Weber can't score a point

Grizzlies82
December 4th, 2017, 08:53 AM
the question for me is Weber State any better than Stony Brook? probably not, JMU not at last years level on offense but won't need to be if Weber can't score a point

I believe I can safely say Weber St. is much better than Stony Brook. Doesn't mean JMU won't win but this should be a tougher game for the Dukes.
Although understandably heavy underdogs I won't be shocked if Weber pulls off an upset in Virginia. They are not flashy but they are a solid team.

kalm
December 4th, 2017, 09:22 AM

Weber played a tougher schedule with wins over 3 7-4 bubble teams plus last week's against 9-3 seeded SUU on the road. Comparable defenses but Weber's offense is superior. So yes, Weber is better than SB.

Bison56
December 4th, 2017, 09:25 AM
This outcome will not be pretty.

For who?

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2017, 09:25 AM
Weber played a tougher schedule with wins over 3 7-4 bubble teams plus last week's against 9-3 seeded SUU on the road. Comparable defenses but Weber's offense is superior. So yes, Weber is better than SB.

not convinced, Friday night should help us shed some light on the argument, but Weber ain't "much better" than Stony... believe me. Don't take this opinion as a knock on Weber, I do believe they are pretty good, Stony got a bad bracket having to play JMU...

knit35
December 4th, 2017, 09:34 AM
I think this game will be very close. I believe these teams are very similar with a lot of the same philosophies, approaches and designs. A few things JMU needs to improve on: 1) Penalties - Offense seems to shoot themselves in the foot alot, JMU is also I believe 10th in the CAA with penalty yardage. 2) Weber Secondary vs JMU receivers - Impressed by the athletes from Weber in the secondary, can the Dukes win thru the air? 3) Line of Scrimmage - Game could be won or lost here.

In the end with this being so close all the little things potentially could add up - Short week for prep, travel for Weber, Temp at game time (21 degrees forecast, although i doubt its a large factor) In the end it should be a great game Ill take the Dukes 17-10.

kalm
December 4th, 2017, 09:45 AM
not convinced, Friday night should help us shed some light on the argument, but Weber ain't "much better" than Stony... believe me. Don't take this opinion as a knock on Weber, I do believe they are pretty good, Stony got a bad bracket having to play JMU...

I'm not taking it as a knock. Forgot Weber's win against a solid WIU too. Given the tangibles, Weber has been noticeably more impressive than SBU.

PurpleStreamers
December 4th, 2017, 09:53 AM

As much as I'd love to see another Soft Houston-esque boatrace, I think you're right on the money here Prof. JMU isn't built to, or trying to, run away from anyone anymore and Weber looks legit on D themselves. They're the one team in the Big Sky this year that truly plays D and is built for playoff/tough/cold/grinding games. I just think (and hope) the short week, long trip, atmosphere will make it too tough against this Dukes D on Friday. I also think JMU's offense is getting a bad rap. They're still getting healthier up front and Richmond/Elon/Stony Brook stretch the last three is no joke defensively. Will be interesting to see them match up with someone who's never seen them before.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2017, 09:54 AM
I'm not taking it as a knock. Forgot Weber's win against a solid WIU too. Given the tangibles, Weber has been noticeably more impressive than SBU.

that's the issue with Stony, they don't jump out at you as noticeably impressive, they just win a lot. The win against Western Illinois was a good win, but that conference is carried on the back of a Bison

remember, many fans, mostly MFVC fans, we're predicting Central Arkansas to beat UNH by 30 points.

By the way, that Weber TE is impressive

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 09:55 AM
Sorry Richmond does not have a "no Joke" defense, more like a joke.

As much as I'd love to see another Soft Houston-esque boatrace, I think you're right on the money here Prof. JMU isn't built to, or trying to, run away from anyone anymore and Weber looks legit on D themselves. They're the one team in the Big Sky this year that truly plays D and is built for playoff/tough/cold/grinding games. I just think (and hope) the short week, long trip, atmosphere will make it too tough against this Dukes D on Friday. I also think JMU's offense is getting a bad rap. They're still getting healthier up front and Richmond/Elon/Stony Brook stretch the last three is no joke defensively. Will be interesting to see them match up with someone who's never seen them before.

100%GRIZ
December 4th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Don't forget that Weber played Cal very well & were leading thru 3/4 of the game! Should be an interesting game come Friday!

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2017, 10:03 AM
Don't forget that Weber played Cal very well & were leading thru 3/4 of the game! Should be an interesting game come Friday!

I saw that but be careful with those FBS comparison's on here...... someone will say ButtBama...

kalm
December 4th, 2017, 10:11 AM
that's the issue with Stony, they don't jump out at you as noticeably impressive, they just win a lot. The win against Western Illinois was a good win, but that conference is carried on the back of a Bison

remember, many fans, mostly MFVC fans, we're predicting Central Arkansas to beat UNH by 30 points.

By the way, that Weber TE is impressive

I'm not basing this off of some CAA message board slight from MVFC fans. You could make the same case for the CAA and JMU except the MVFC's OOC is stronger than the CAA as it almost always is.

WIU had a good resume OOC too. SBU had a good season, just not as good as Weber in the regular season or against playoff caliber teams.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2017, 11:13 AM
I'm not basing this off of some CAA message board slight from MVFC fans. You could make the same case for the CAA and JMU except the MVFC's OOC is stronger than the CAA as it almost always is.

WIU had a good resume OOC too. SBU had a good season, just not as good as Weber in the regular season or against playoff caliber teams.

CAA message board? I don't know where that is but I do know I don't have to find it to find slights from MVFC fans, you can find those right here on AGS

Yep, the CAA should play some better FCS OOC teams from a fans wish list but they do play ACC teams every year, would love to see Stony beat Weber State and don't bring up N Arizona after they were embarrassed at home by the Pioneer team

kalm
December 4th, 2017, 11:18 AM
CAA message board? I don't know where that is but I do know I don't have to find it to find slights from MVFC fans, you can find those right here on AGS

Yep, the CAA should play some better FCS OOC teams from a fans wish list but they do play ACC teams every year, would love to see Stony beat Weber State and don't bring up N Arizona after they were embarrassed at home by the Pioneer team

I was talking about AGS. It seems like you're basing defense of SBU as a rebuttal to what AGS MVFC fans have said.

I try to be cold and calculated when it comes to comparisons.

And yes, NAU's loss is a black eye on the BSC. But Weber didn't play them and I didnt think they should have been in anyways.

BadlandsGrizFan
December 4th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Lets go Weebz!!

MR. CHICKEN
December 4th, 2017, 11:55 AM
I was talking about AGS. It seems like you're basing defense of SBU as a rebuttal to what AGS MVFC fans have said.

And yes, NAU's loss is a black eye on the BSC. But Weber didn't play them and I didnt think they should have been in anyways.

....HAVE YOUSE IGGLES...FOUND DOSE 3 MISSIN' LINKS...YET...xconfusedx....AWK!

Gangtackle11
December 4th, 2017, 11:59 AM
I think Weber State is probably slightly better than Stony Brook. Played Cal tough for sure. It’s tough to tell about how good these BSC teams are. UND was supposed to be all that last season & fell to SB & Richmond. EWU then wiped up a Lauletta- less Spider squad.

That said this is the best of the CAA & probably the nation again.

Another game where JMU methodically chokes off the opponent. They will experience a slow death. Feel like they are in the game for awhile and see a final score of 28-7 Dukies.

RootinFerDukes
December 4th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Sorry Richmond does not have a "no Joke" defense, more like a joke.

They improved throughout the year. The numbers you're looking at includes the entire season, including their backfield being passed all over by your own QB. They looked completely out of sorts and unprepared in their coach's first game.

By our game in week 11, they were fighting for their season's life and you always bring your play up a notch against your rival. They were battling their asses off because they knew they had to or they were done.

I watched both games and I guarantee you the UR defense in week 1 against SHSU and against us in week 11 was not the same. Credit to Huesman on eventually improving that side of the ball by season's end. If you paid attention to the CAA stats all season, UR was slowly climbing back up statistically.

BisonBasher
December 4th, 2017, 12:08 PM
Weber st.. defense

CappinHard
December 4th, 2017, 12:08 PM
JMU set as 11 point favorites. Total at 38. The way Weber St. has been playing it's tempting, but JMU is a different animal.

Gangtackle11
December 4th, 2017, 12:10 PM
They improved throughout the year. The numbers you're looking at includes the entire season, including their backfield being passed all over by your own QB. They looked completely out of sorts and unprepared in their coach's first game.

By our game in week 11, they were fighting for their season's life and you always bring your play up a notch against your rival. They were battling their asses off because they knew they had to or they were done.

I watched both games and I guarantee you the UR defense in week 1 against SHSU and against us in week 11 was not the same. Credit to Huesman on eventually improving that side of the ball by season's end. If you paid attention to the CAA stats all season, UR was slowly climbing back up statistically.

Very few from west of the Mississippi pay attention to the CAA let alone the stats. SHSU is a talented offensive team that UR was not up to the challenge in week 1. They did improve as you pointed out as the season went on.

Bisonator
December 4th, 2017, 12:13 PM
I think it'll be closer then most think.

PurpleStreamers
December 4th, 2017, 12:23 PM

Yeah, didn't mean to knock Weber or Big Sky generally. NAU's luck to avoid WSU and get in and subsequently stink it up in playoffs isn't Weber's fault. Big Sky is relatively deep usually, at least in terms of programs that take this seriously with Montana, Montana St., EWU, etc.

And JMU fans are as sick of the OOC garbage games as anyone. But JMU always plays an FBS game, usually a P5 (UNC last year, NC State next, WVU 2019 and back to UNC 2020). When JMU scheduled this year's ECU game that was an exciting matchup against a regional rival and former conference mate who is usually good - certainly didn't know the Pirates would be a dumpster fire. All that said, nobody in the top 2/3 of a large CAA plays any non-D1 games anymore and the CAA is deep. Oddly, this year aside from Schor and Lauletta at UR the QB play in the conference was so dreadful that it was hard to gauge where exactly everyone stacks up nationally. UNH dropping UCA on the road and now this week's games will tell the real story this year.

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 4th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Another close game with the Dukes pulling away in 4th quarter.

Go Dukes.

DirtyDukes
December 4th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Dukes by 30

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 4th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Dukes by 30
I think it will be close..like 26-0 in 4th Quarter...:D

jmufan999
December 4th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Another slow start by JMU, but another Dukes victory. Weber will keep it close for a half, then JMu pulls away and wins by 3 scores. Don’t see how Weber overcomes this one.

i mean, we scored a TD on our opening drive, picked up 4 first downs on 4 consecutive plays, and led 19-0 at the half. what more do you want? the only point i agree with is Weber keeping it close for a half, but i certainly am not predicting a 21+ point win. Weber's D is for real. it will be close.

this is pretty rational. not sure i'd put Weber at #4 but it's definitely not crazy to do so. you could make an argument for them, for sure.

now, just a general comment for people saying Weber is better than Stony Brook (mostly Big Sky fans): how many Stony Brook games did you watch this year? most likely, one. the game against JMU. kind of a small sample size, don't you think? after NDSU thrashes Wofford, should i just watch that one game and say that Wofford sucks?

DirtyDukes
December 4th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Stony Brook QB had 22 TDs and 3 INTS before the JMU game. After he had 23 TDs and 8 INTS.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Weber's defense is pretty good and this game will be close.

Gotta give credit to those that have actually seen them play because any other take away is foolish. I don't think they beat JMU but they match up as well as anyone out there right now.

They beat a very good SUU team playing ****ty with their turnovers and missed opportunities inside the 5. I said earlier in the year that I thought SUU had the higher ceiling over Weber but I am sure I was wrong on that after watching this last game. They didn't play well on offense and still put on a great show.

Not saying they will because JMU is really good but they could lose this one if they don't play well. Weber has a lot of weapons in the arsenal.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 4th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Dukes by 30

If you are giving 29 then pm me at your first convenience.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 01:56 PM
Ill take that action as well sir.

If you are giving 29 then pm me at your first convenience.

JmuSkinsfan
December 4th, 2017, 02:09 PM
My projection with limited exposure to Weber but having seen a lot of break-down on here ...

JMU: 24
WSU: 10

JMU scores a ST or Defensive TD then make it 31-14 (GT score late for WSU)

ST_Lawson
December 4th, 2017, 03:07 PM
It's been a great season for Weber State, but I think their run ends next weekend. They might keep it close for a while, but JMU is just too good right now. I only see maybe 2 teams that could give them problems, and WSU isn't really one of them. I'll be rooting for them to pull off the upset, I just don't think it's likely.

Gangtackle11
December 4th, 2017, 03:12 PM
It's been a great season for Weber State, but I think their run ends next weekend. They might keep it close for a while, but JMU is just too good right now. I only see maybe 2 teams that could give them problems, and WSU isn't really one of them. I'll be rooting for them to pull off the upset, I just don't think it's likely.

Might as well name them by name. We all know who they are. xpeacex

ST_Lawson
December 4th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Might as well name them by name. We all know who they are. xpeacex

If you all know who they are, why do I need to name them?
NDSU of course, but also...Wofford, actually. Their offense is different enough and with a solid game, if the JMU defenders aren't ready for it, could really make things interesting.

I will say that Weber State vs JMU does appear to be strength vs strength...couple of strong ground games...lots of pressure on the opposing QBs. If Weber State is able to get to Schor a few times and maybe force a fumble or two, they could stay in the game. Couple of lucky bounces and it could be exciting.

Gangtackle11
December 4th, 2017, 03:36 PM
NDSU of course, but also...Wofford, actually. Their offense is different enough and with a solid game, if the JMU defenders aren't ready for it, could really make things interesting.

I will say that Weber State vs JMU does appear to be strength vs strength...couple of strong ground games...lots of pressure on the opposing QBs. If Weber State is able to get to Schor a few times and maybe force a fumble or two, they could stay in the game. Couple of lucky bounces and it could be exciting.

You surprised me. Good for you. I was thinking Jackrabbits from you. xpeacex

SkinsWizDukes
December 4th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Weber's defense was impressive against SUU but they seem vulnerable against the deep ball. There were several times when a SUU receiver had his man beat for the QB to overthrow him. I think you'll see JMU try to expose that if Weber is playing aggressive against the run and leaving corners one on one.

I Bleed Purple
December 4th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Weber's defense was impressive against SUU but they seem vulnerable against the deep ball. There were several times when a SUU receiver had his man beat for the QB to overthrow him. I think you'll see JMU try to expose that if Weber is playing aggressive against the run and leaving corners one on one.

Weber found out early that the SUU QB couldn't throw a deep ball, so they allowed that. Weber's defense, however, is predicated on 1v1 coverage on the edges with a single safety over the top. It's rare they'll play a cover 2 or man 2 type defense, their strong safety plays more a rover or covering linebacker type.

DUKESALLDAY
December 4th, 2017, 04:07 PM
I’m predicting JMU by 20. Most likely a 30-10 final score. Close at half at17-7. They’re a good team but I think JMU’s offense starts to click a bit more and the defense does their usual thing.

Gangtackle11
December 4th, 2017, 06:31 PM

Id be interested in your analysis why Wofford is a matchup that will give JMU fits, but not NDSU? Just curious. xpeacex

PantherRob82
December 4th, 2017, 07:21 PM
It would be silly to pick against the Dukes, but for some reason I feel like Weber might provide more competition than anticipated.

ST_Lawson
December 4th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Id be interested in your analysis why Wofford is a matchup that will give JMU fits, but not NDSU? Just curious. xpeacex

I don't think I ever said that I thought Wofford wouldn't give NDSU fits. They might...they might not...I haven't really looked into that matchup that closely yet actually...that's my personal assignment for tomorrow. My best guess based on just a quick glance at things is that:

Wofford has a tricky offense that often goes outside on the ground, finds a good block and runs through the hole...NDSU's defensive strength is the front line. A very disciplined D-Line who is excellent at carrying out their assignments and not allowing holes to run through, and their LBs are probably the best group of LBs in the FCS. DeLuca & Cox especially are fast and are great at seeing where the ball is going and getting to it. This tells me that Wofford might occasionally find a gap to get a gain on the ground...but not very often. Wofford's defense is good at stopping the run but can allow big passes at times...Stick isn't a huge passing QB, but he's very efficient, Urz is one of the better WR's in the MVFC, and even NDSU's primary RB (with the injury to Dunn) has good hands for catching the football (had a 48-yard TD reception against San Diego last week).

So, now looking at James Madison...like NDSU, also a very good defense, and I haven't seen JMU as much as I've seen NDSU this year, so take this with a grain of salt, but I feel like they are better at stopping a good passing game than a run game (again...very good at both, but pass defense is better...they have 3 DBs on the All-CAA team this year). So, against teams that pass the ball more...they can absolutely destroy them. That's why SDSU probably won't stand much of a chance against them in my opinion. As a MVFC fan, I will be rooting for SDSU to win, but that's not the same as actually thinking they'd beat JMU. Anyway, Wofford's tricky run game...I think could find gaps against JMU a bit better than they could against NDSU. I'm also not saying Wofford will beat JMU if they were to face off...I don't think Wofford would have much of an answer for stopping Schor, but out of the remaining teams in the playoffs, I think they stand the best chance outside of the Bison.

Back to Weber State...they have a good ground game too, but it's fairly standard "ground and pound". JMU can just stick their best D-Linemen in the middle and WSU is likely to spend all day running into a veritable "brick wall". WSU's defense is pretty decent against a good passing game...it's really strong against a good run game...but they could struggle against a good running QB...of which Schor is one of the better ones...where they don't know if the QB will just tuck and run or throw it. I think Weber State will hold JMU to probably fewer points than they're used to getting this season, but the Wildcats likely won't get half of what JMU gets. And since this has turned into much more of an analysis than I had originally intended, I might as well throw out a score prediction. JMU wins, 21-10.

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2017, 07:24 PM
Weber may have the best CB in the FCS in Taron Johnson and, from what I've heard, their other corner ain't too shabby either. I'm sure they won't be too shy to put Johnson, if not both those guys, in single coverage against JMU's receivers. If JMU's receivers can win those matchups then this game will probably get ugly in JMU's favor.

ST_Lawson
December 4th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Weber may have the best CB in the FCS in Taron Johnson and, from what I've heard, their other corner ain't too shabby either. I'm sure they won't be too shy to put Johnson, if not both those guys, in single coverage against JMU's receivers. If JMU's receivers can win those matchups then this game will probably get ugly in JMU's favor.

I'll have to look further into JMU's receivers...hadn't planned on doing that until they face off with a MVFC team though.

As for Weber, I know I wasn't all that impressed with Johnson in our game against them. It wasn't him that beat us, it was getting pressure on our QB McGuire. I realize that sometimes that just means that the QB took too long because the CB had the primary WR all covered up, but McGuire got hit a few times early in our matchup with them and from that point on, he just looked a bit off his game.

Gangtackle11
December 4th, 2017, 07:34 PM
I don't think I ever said that I thought Wofford wouldn't give NDSU fits. They might...they might not...I haven't really looked into that matchup that closely yet actually...that's my personal assignment for tomorrow. My best guess based on just a quick glance at things is that:

Wofford has a tricky offense that often goes outside on the ground, finds a good block and runs through the hole...NDSU's defensive strength is the front line. A very disciplined D-Line who is excellent at carrying out their assignments and not allowing holes to run through, and their LBs are probably the best group of LBs in the FCS. DeLuca & Cox especially are fast and are great at seeing where the ball is going and getting to it. This tells me that Wofford might occasionally find a gap to get a gain on the ground...but not very often. Wofford's defense is good at stopping the run but can allow big passes at times...Stick isn't a huge passing QB, but he's very efficient, Urz is one of the better WR's in the MVFC, and even NDSU's primary RB (with the injury to Dunn) has good hands for catching the football (had a 48-yard TD reception against San Diego last week).

So, now looking at James Madison...like NDSU, also a very good defense, and I haven't seen JMU as much as I've seen NDSU this year, so take this with a grain of salt, but I feel like they are better at stopping a good passing game than a run game (again...very good at both, but pass defense is better...they have 3 DBs on the All-CAA team this year). So, against teams that pass the ball more...they can absolutely destroy them. That's why SDSU probably won't stand much of a chance against them in my opinion. As a MVFC fan, I will be rooting for SDSU to win, but that's not the same as actually thinking they'd beat JMU. Anyway, Wofford's tricky run game...I think could find gaps against JMU a bit better than they could against NDSU. I'm also not saying Wofford will beat JMU if they were to face off...I don't think Wofford would have much of an answer for stopping Schor, but out of the remaining teams in the playoffs, I think they stand the best chance outside of the Bison.

Back to Weber State...they have a good ground game too, but it's fairly standard "ground and pound". JMU can just stick their best D-Linemen in the middle and WSU is likely to spend all day running into a veritable "brick wall". WSU's defense is pretty decent against a good passing game...it's really strong against a good run game...but they could struggle against a good running QB...of which Schor is one of the better ones...where they don't know if the QB will just tuck and run or throw it. I think Weber State will hold JMU to probably fewer points than they're used to getting this season, but the Wildcats likely won't get half of what JMU gets. And since this has turned into much more of an analysis than I had originally intended, I might as well throw out a score prediction. JMU wins, 21-10.

Well thought out. I think they wouldn’t mind playing Wofford as that would be in Frisco.

JMU is the most athletic & fastest defense in the FCS that I have seen. A Wofford type offense would test their fly to the ball mentality & test if they can maintain gap intregrity on counters. That said I think the speed, athleticism, & solid game plan from a great coach will figure out even the quirky Wofford option offense.

Weber State 1st for JMU. Torn on my pick as Weber State are Wildcats!! 28-7 JMU ✌️

ST_Lawson
December 4th, 2017, 07:34 PM
Good analysis. Well thought out. JMU is a very athletic run to the ball defense. They will need to be disciplined & be prepared for counters. They must keep gap integrity or you are right Wofford type offense could be troublesome. That said they are really athletic & quick. That combination erases a lot of misreads quickly.,

Right...Wofford's strength is that they run a style of offense that teams don't often play against, and they do it well. Sticking to assignments really well will obviously help, as will having fast defensive players who can get there when the Wofford runner does find a hole. Obviously anything can happen...it's the playoffs and upsets occur...but at this point I see the whole Wofford vs JMU discussion as being purely theoretical.

knit35
December 4th, 2017, 07:53 PM

Perhaps I am mistaken did one if not both of them get injured last week? May be a case of mistaken identity. Regardless your points are valid I called out in my thoughts also.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2017, 10:20 PM
Well thought out. I think they wouldn’t mind playing Wofford as that would be in Frisco.

JMU is the most athletic & fastest defense in the FCS that I have seen. A Wofford type offense would test their fly to the ball mentality & test if they can maintain gap intregrity on counters. That said I think the speed, athleticism, & solid game plan from a great coach will figure out even the quirky Wofford option offense.

Weber State 1st for JMU. Torn on my pick as Weber State are Wildcats!! 28-7 JMU ✌️

lot's of good Defense played in the CAA, Not clear just yet if it''s because of inept offenses (my team for one) or really good Defense but how many CAA Teams were in the top 20 in FCS in total defense? probably 5 or so.

The Dream Weber is about to get a rude wake up call .... JMU cruises 31-7

Duke Dawg
December 5th, 2017, 05:37 AM
Right...Wofford's strength is that they run a style of offense that teams don't often play against, and they do it well. Sticking to assignments really well will obviously help, as will having fast defensive players who can get there when the Wofford runner does find a hole. Obviously anything can happen...it's the playoffs and upsets occur...but at this point I see the whole Wofford vs JMU discussion as being purely theoretical.

you guys realize where Mike Houston came from right? the Citadel. Ran the triple option. Played Wofford two straight years. Before that Lenoir-Ryhne. Ran the option there.

I'm quite sure if we ran up against Wofford, HCMH would have the game plan to stop them.

in fact, I think that's the one team Wofford would struggle most against. is us. simply because of HCMH's background running the option for years.

RootinFerDukes
December 5th, 2017, 06:45 AM

Keep in mind in this highly unlikely hypothetical that Houston used to coach the triple option at the citadel. He knows a thing or two about it and I would imagine, knows how to defend it.

ST_Lawson
December 5th, 2017, 07:12 AM
Oh you JMU guys and your logic....get out of here with that ;)

But actually, you're probably right. I had forgotten that he knows that system pretty well and was just basing my thoughts on statistics.

Gangtackle11
December 5th, 2017, 07:25 AM
you guys realize where Mike Houston came from right? the Citadel. Ran the triple option. Played Wofford two straight years. Before that Lenoir-Ryhne. Ran the option there.

I'm quite sure if we ran up against Wofford, HCMH would have the game plan to stop them.

in fact, I think that's the one team Wofford would struggle most against. is us. simply because of HCMH's background running the option for years.

Fully aware. Alluded to it with solid game plan from a great coach. I’ll be stronger next time. ✌️

jmufan999
December 5th, 2017, 07:28 AM
Oh you JMU guys and your logic....get out of here with that ;)

But actually, you're probably right. I had forgotten that he knows that system pretty well and was just basing my thoughts on statistics.

even if you use statistics, you might want to take another look. JMU is 5th in the country in yards per carry (2.47) and 2nd in rushing TDs allowed (4). for reference, NDSU allows 2.76 YPC and has allowed 9 rushing TDs. to be honest, the defense does just about everything right.

RootinFerDukes
December 5th, 2017, 07:41 AM
even if you use statistics, you might want to take another look. JMU is 5th in the country in yards per carry (2.47) and 2nd in rushing TDs allowed (4). for reference, NDSU allows 2.76 YPC and has allowed 9 rushing TDs. to be honest, the defense does just about everything right.

Yeah 7th Passing D, 6th Rushing D, 1st Scoring D, 2nd Total D, 3rd Red Zone D, 2nd Turnovers Gained. We're just kind of good all around.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2017, 08:04 AM
Question for JMU fans.... what game this year put the biggest scare on you? remember the 7 points we gifted you?

Gangtackle11
December 5th, 2017, 08:08 AM
Question for JMU fans.... what game this year put the biggest scare on you? remember the 7 points we gifted you?

Nova was down 16-8 with the ball with 10 minutes left. JMU stopped them & scores. Then our frosh QB threw a 4 yard pick 6 on a screen with 2 mins left. Poof 30-8 final.

RootinFerDukes
December 5th, 2017, 08:14 AM

I suppose UR just because they were a dropped TD pass to the end zone in the 4th quarter away from leading. UD was one of those games that felt scary during, but when I think about it in hindsight, we controlled it throughout so it wasn't really ever in doubt.

The UR game was the only one that seemed like we could've potentially lost it. No other game really felt that way.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Nova was down 16-8 with the ball with 10 minutes left. JMU stopped them & scores. Then our frosh QB threw a 4 yard pick 6 on a screen with 2 mins left. Poof 30-8 final.

thanks for the recap, I didn't realize that it went like that

any rationale as to why so many good Defenses in the CAA? is it because the level of QB/RB play is down? or is the Conference just that much better than the rest of the country?

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2017, 08:48 AM
Yeah 7th Passing D, 6th Rushing D, 1st Scoring D, 2nd Total D, 3rd Red Zone D, 2nd Turnovers Gained. We're just kind of good all around.
On the year JMU has allowed 5 passing TDs and has 24 INTs. They're #1 in the FCS in pass efficiency defense by nearly 20 points (78.96, next closest is St. Francis at 96.16). That's stupid good.

That's the main reason why I'd be so intrigued to see an SDSU/JMU matchup in the semis. It would be the epitome of strength on strength.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2017, 09:04 AM
On the year JMU has allowed 5 passing TDs and has 24 INTs. They're #1 in the FCS in pass efficiency defense by nearly 20 points (78.96, next closest is St. Francis at 96.16). That's stupid good.

That's the main reason why I'd be so intrigued to see an SDSU/JMU matchup in the semis. It would be the epitome of strength on strength.

we saw the high powered Sammy passing game get shut down hard last year

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2017, 09:06 AM
we saw the high powered Sammy passing game get shut down hard last year
We did. But SHSU didn't have two receivers who are playing on Sundays this year (like Weineke and Goedert will be next year). But let's let this week play out. SDSU has that CAA powerhouse UNH to get through first.

Dukie95
December 5th, 2017, 09:18 AM

Richmond

JMU_71
December 5th, 2017, 10:37 AM
I think the two toughest opponents left in JMU's way are SDSU and NDSU, no doubt. If Kennesaw or Wofford were on our side of the bracket I may replace SDSU with one of them. Like others have said, HCMH has experience against the Wofford triple option from his time at El Cid. El Cid also ran the TO while he was there and when he was at Lenior-Ryne. The other factor no one has mentioned is that if we play Wofford in Frisco, we'll have 3 weeks to prepare for the TO. I think with that much prep time, we would be ready to completely stop it and run away in laugher. Playing against the TO with just one week to prep for it when you haven't seen it all season can certainly be a challenge. That's why I give KSU and Wofford decent shots at wins this weekend.

Oh yeah, Dukes win 23-9.

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 5th, 2017, 12:14 PM
I would have to say the Richmond game gave me the biggest scare because of their QB and being a big rivalry.

GO DUKES

JMU_71
December 5th, 2017, 12:33 PM
I would have to say the Richmond game gave me the biggest scare because of their QB and being a big rivalry.

GO DUKES

This and the fact that we never seem to play them well at home. Now in the bread box or City stadium--that's a different story.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2017, 12:33 PM

GO DUKES

ok Richmond it is, we don't even scare anybody anymore even when we scare them...

Gangtackle11
December 5th, 2017, 12:36 PM
ok Richmond it is, we don't even scare anybody anymore even when we scare them...

Rocco makes those funny dumb founded faces. That’s scary!!xpeacex

Dukie95
December 5th, 2017, 12:48 PM

Delaware was close, but JMU never trailed or tied in the 2nd half.

The UR/JMU game was tied at 13 with four minutes to go.

th0m
December 5th, 2017, 12:50 PM

Delaware was definitely a close game but I think that was mostly a game where the Delaware D started clicking. Didnt you beat Richmond the next week? If we'd have had you a couple weeks later it might have "felt" closer. Having said that, between Maine, Delaware, UNH, Richmond, hell the first half of URI, I was not a happy camper as we just couldnt put teams away. It has taken me a while to put as much trust in our defense, I always felt there would come a game or team where we'd lose our focus. But it hasn't happened yet. Maybe Weber is the team to crack us, it is definitely a possibility. Good physical QB and solid defense, overall quite similar to JMU. A bit better on O, a little less on D maybe. I'm not taking anything for granted.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Rocco makes those funny dumb founded faces. That’s scary!!xpeacex

kind of like the faces I make watching his offense.... pure torture, they send video to GTMO

DirtyDukes
December 5th, 2017, 12:59 PM
I think Maine was the only team to lead us at all this season right?

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2017, 01:10 PM

no Sir, Delaware was up 10-7 before the gift play...

SCORING SUMMARY
JMU -DELAWARE

1st
09:05
DELAWARE
Frank Raggo 55 yd field goal

4 plays, 3 yards, TOP 1:53
0 - 3

06:57
JMU
Trai Sharp 6 yd run (Tyler Gray kick)

5 plays, 75 yards, TOP 2:08
7 - 3

2nd
12:07
DELAWARE
Jamie Jarmon 15 yd pass from Joe Walker (Frank Raggo kick)

12 plays, 56 yards, TOP 6:05
7 - 10

06:53
JMU
Andrew Ankrah 23 yd fumble recovery (Tyler Gray kick)

14 - 10

00:01
JMU
Tyler Gray 39 yd field goal

12 plays, 71 yards, TOP 3:45
17 - 10

4th
02:50
JMU
Tyler Gray 48 yd field goal

7 plays, 24 yards, TOP 3:21
20 - 10

RootinFerDukes
December 5th, 2017, 01:13 PM

We trailed at some point three times.

Maine 10-7 until 9:12 3rd quarter. UD 10-7 until 6:53 2nd quarter. UR 7-0 until 6:30 2nd quarter.

Maine gets the award for team that led us deepest into the ball game.

Dukie95
December 5th, 2017, 01:40 PM
Someone did the math that over the course of the current winning streak, JMU only trailed for 60 of something like 1,400 minutes.

Grizzlies82
December 5th, 2017, 02:34 PM
On the year JMU has allowed 5 passing TDs and has 24 INTs. That's stupid good.

Clearly the CAA needs a better quality of QB's, or QB coaching... "No, throw it to our guy not the other team!"

RootinFerDukes
December 5th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Clearly the CAA needs a better quality of QB's, or QB coaching... "No, throw it to our guy not the other team!"

Maybe our defensive backs are just ball hawks? It's pretty clear you haven't been watching. When a group just continues to punish nearly every QB in their league, even containing the very good Lauletta, you have to give credit at some point? Right?

Gangtackle11
December 5th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Maybe our defensive backs are just ball hawks? It's pretty clear you haven't been watching. When a group just continues to punish nearly every QB in their league, even containing the very good Lauletta, you have to give credit at some point? Right?

Id just let them see it for themselves. Those who try to reason away the JMU Defense are in for quite a jolt.

It’s a better defense than the one that ran through the FCS playoffs like a hot knife thru butter last season. Give credit where it’s due. I don’t like JMU, but you have to tip your hat. Houston has turned them into a monster.

The Big Fluffy fans are in for quite a show. xpeacex

The Duke Dog
December 5th, 2017, 02:57 PM
"No, throw it to our guy not the other team!"

Have you watched / tracked the Dukes defense at all this year? "Perhaps" when the D is so stifling, the offense is forced into 3 and outs OR taking some risks ... Against our D, those Risks will normally = Their Loss

What would you call a great defense??? Obviously you are not of the mindset that the Dukes have achieved your level of approval...

Grizalltheway
December 5th, 2017, 03:04 PM
JMU fans/Nova troll...

https://pics.me.me/why-so-serious-13880832.png

JayMYou
December 5th, 2017, 03:37 PM
LOL at Bison/MVFC fans. Last year it was callous disregard. This year it's passive aggressive.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3mZ3eqL8f6JIGfRu/giphy.gif

JayMYou
December 5th, 2017, 03:43 PM
Someone did the math that over the course of the current winning streak, JMU only trailed for 60 of something like 1,400 minutes.

I thought we only trailed that one game where Richmond told us they scored a couple of touchdowns against the marching band while we were in the locker room during halftime? Of course the only reason they scored was the band was busy performing.

Gangtackle11
December 5th, 2017, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=Grizalltheway;2584501]JMU fans/Nova troll...

/QUOTE]

Because the so called “Nova troll” knows more about the JMU defense than the “Montana troll.” You shall see!

Ps: good pic. xpeacex

th0m
December 5th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Fairly sure Grizzlies82 was making a joke, and a pretty good one at that.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2017, 04:01 PM
Any joke aided by a gif or meme is a joke

The Duke Dog
December 5th, 2017, 04:03 PM
After re-reading...I can see that. New to this

Grizzlies82
December 5th, 2017, 05:20 PM

I'll concede 24 INTs is pretty good, yet they still allowed FIVE, that is right FIVE, touchdown passes! How do you explain that?

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 6th, 2017, 06:59 AM
I'll concede 24 INTs is pretty good, yet they still allowed FIVE, that is right FIVE, touchdown passes! How do you explain that?
I'm just losing sleep over the 5 TD passes!!!:D

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 6th, 2017, 07:00 AM

Clearly complete and utter incompetence. xcoolx

There's always next season I guess... xrotatehx

MR. CHICKEN
December 6th, 2017, 07:15 AM

......AN' RIGHTFULLAH SO....ONE O' 'EM.....WAS FROM JOE WALKER.......xeekx........BRAWK!

jmufan999
December 6th, 2017, 07:39 AM

pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2017, 07:42 AM
pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

and you think Mr Chicken was not?

veinup
December 6th, 2017, 07:55 AM
The Big Fluffy fans are in for quite a show. xpeacex

oh good

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 6th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Sarcasm meters are just blowin' up left and right around here lol.

BNATION
December 6th, 2017, 10:03 AM
JMU guys, with clear eyes, does this game make you nervous at all? I have not watched Weber enough to know as I've been focusing on teams that we could potentially play.

knit35
December 6th, 2017, 10:23 AM
JMU guys, with clear eyes, does this game make you nervous at all? I have not watched Weber enough to know as I've been focusing on teams that we could potentially play.

I think every game at this point gives you some apprehension. Weber are a talented group. Stingy D with good talent at each level. There offense is similar to ours. I mentioned earlier in the thread that I believe match-ups with Weber DBs and JMU WRs will be key along with penalties negating JMU's offense staying ahead of the sticks. JMU has been penalized a lot this year, however have seen improvement over the last several games. Our offense does not reel off big yardage as in past years so these penalties hurt us. Will Weber be effective at trick plays and will they use them? JMU's ability to force turnovers will come into play. Can JMU hold/limit Cantwell, as he seems to be the heart beat of the offense. I think it will be tight and low scoring. I predicted 17-7 or something like 21-10 as a final with it being close. Short week and travel could factor in also but not as big as some may think. I haven't watched Weber a lot other then the last two weeks, so dont have a ton of insight on them but they have played well and put themselves in great positions to win.

RootinFerDukes
December 6th, 2017, 10:39 AM
......AN' RIGHTFULLAH SO....ONE O' 'EM.....WAS FROM JOE WALKER.......xeekx........BRAWK!

....lotsa...classic...caa....reffin'....dere.... many....ahhh...hold....not...called....BRAWK!

RootinFerDukes
December 6th, 2017, 10:41 AM

Every game from here on out, other than an unlikely matchup against UNH, has me nervous. Meanwhile NDSU is already sitting at midfield in Toyota Stadium since their side of the bracket just went ahead and forfeited.

BisonBacker
December 6th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Every game from here on out, other than an unlikely matchup against UNH, has me nervous. Meanwhile NDSU is already sitting at midfield in Toyota Stadium since their side of the bracket just went ahead and forfeited.

Boo freaking who you are playing the freaking big fluffy Weber State. Holy **** can you whine anymore?

TheKingpin28
December 6th, 2017, 11:27 AM
Boo freaking who you are playing the freaking big fluffy Weber State. Holy **** can you whine anymore?

Give them an inch and they will take a mile. After 7 years of facing opponents just as tough as NDSU, they complain that the Bison finally have an "easy side," while god's gift to humanity in JMWho is forced to actually defend their 1st championship in 14 years.

EDIT: Here is who NDSU has played in the playoffs vs the puppies.

NDSU
2010: RMU, @Montana St, @EWU
2011: JMU, Lehigh, GoSU, SHSU
2012: SDSU, Wofford, GoSU, SHSU
2013: Furman, CCU, UNH, Towson
2014: SDSU, CCU, SHSU, ISUr
2015: Montana, UNI, Richmond, JSU
2016: San Diego, SDSU, JMU
2017: San Diego, Wofford

JMU
2010: MISSED THE PLAYOFFS
2011: @EKU, @NDSU
2012: MISSED THE PLAYOFFS
2013: MISSED THE PLAYOFFS
2014: Liberty
2015: Colgate
2016: UNH, SHSU, @NDSU, YSU
2017: SBU, WSU

So if we look at this objectively:

JMU:
2x: NDSU

NDSU
2x: GoSu, CCU, USD, Wofford, and JMU
3x: SHSU, SDSU

You want to know what I get from this, JMU has faced NDSU, their only competition this entire decade and missed the playoffs 3 out of 4 years while NDSU has had 5-7 "easy" games out of 28 total played.

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Give them an inch and they will take a mile. After 7 years of facing opponents just as tough as NDSU, they complain that the Bison finally have an "easy side," while god's gift to humanity in JMWho is forced to actually back-up their 1st championship in 14 years.

finally? The San Diego slaughter fest is 2 years running now, has anyone seen my surfboard...

mcveyrl
December 6th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Every game makes me nervous.

And as far as comparing the Bison side of the bracket, I think I would rather play Weber than Wofford this weekend. Experience with it or not, the triple option on a week's notice is not ideal - even for a great defense. I've also never understood complaining about who you have to play. This is the playoffs, right? You're supposed to be able to beat everybody if you want to win it all.

DirtyDukes
December 6th, 2017, 11:43 AM

I'm not. Weber's D looked slow against SUU. EAST COAST SPEED.

finally? The San Diego slaughter fest is 2 years running now, has anyone seen my surfboard...

LOL yeah you guys got anymore of those non-scholly teams we can play?

BisonBacker
December 6th, 2017, 12:36 PM

We can't help it if the Big Fluffy can't beat them. Better question tho is had NAU beat USD would NAU of fared any better against NDSU? I don't think so it would have been a slaughter fest either way xthumbsupx

Also what will everyone be saying if Kennesaw beats SHSU? Assuming NDSU wins this weekend and we would host them oh my lord the same thing will be floated out there again next week xrolleyesx

Grizzlies82
December 6th, 2017, 12:37 PM
For the humor impaired here is a moment of candor.

Statement: Probably a good game Friday.

Disclaimer: Haven't watched JMU this year.

Assessment: If last year's JMU was an indicator of this year's team (their 2017 record suggests it was) they will be repeating as Champions. Weber State isn't a great team but they are solid in all aspects of their game. They have a very balanced run/pass offense with a QB who can also hurt you with his feet when needed. That said, JMU's defense has played stellar and I'm unsure how effective WSU (or anyone) can be. On the other side I don't see the Weber St defense letting JMU run up the score despite that "east coast speed". Statistically the Dukes appear to be very impressive and rightfully are the hands down favorite.

Conclusion: Regardless of the outcome Weber St has enough success to make this a close game. Suspect first team to 21 points will win.

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 6th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Every game makes me nervous.

And as far as comparing the Bison side of the bracket, I think I would rather play Weber than Wofford this weekend. Experience with it or not, the triple option on a week's notice is not ideal - even for a great defense. I've also never understood complaining about who you have to play. This is the playoffs, right? You're supposed to be able to beat everybody if you want to win it all.
I with you on that every game makes me nervous. It's one and done for everyone now.

To be the best you have to beat the best so no complaining here in regards to the bracket.

The focus is Weber St and not the other teams.

Go Dukes

Dukes80
December 6th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Give them an inch and they will take a mile. After 7 years of facing opponents just as tough as NDSU, they complain that the Bison finally have an "easy side," while god's gift to humanity in JMWho is forced to actually defend their 1st championship in 14 years.

EDIT: Here is who NDSU has played in the playoffs vs the puppies.

NDSU
2010: RMU, @Montana St, @EWU
2011: JMU, Lehigh, GoSU, SHSU
2012: SDSU, Wofford, GoSU, SHSU
2013: Furman, CCU, UNH, Towson
2014: SDSU, CCU, SHSU, ISUr
2015: Montana, UNI, Richmond, JSU
2016: San Diego, SDSU, JMU
2017: San Diego, Wofford

JMU
2010: MISSED THE PLAYOFFS
2011: @EKU, @NDSU
2012: MISSED THE PLAYOFFS
2013: MISSED THE PLAYOFFS
2014: Liberty
2015: Colgate
2016: UNH, SHSU, @NDSU, YSU
2017: SBU, WSU

So if we look at this objectively:

JMU:
2x: NDSU

NDSU
2x: GoSu, CCU, USD, Wofford, and JMU
3x: SHSU, SDSU

You want to know what I get from this, JMU has faced NDSU, their only competition this entire decade and missed the playoffs 3 out of 4 years while NDSU has had 5-7 "easy" games out of 28 total played.

Boo freaking who. Holy **** can you whine anymore?xrotatehx

TheKingpin28
December 6th, 2017, 02:11 PM

Another Decembrist. Your fanbase is starting to rival SHSU for the whole "woe is me" attitude.

Dukes80
December 6th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Another Decembrist. Your fanbase is starting to rival SHSU for the whole "woe is me" attitude.

You could not be more wrong if you tried. But keep up the effort. You might find some humor in my response if you look harder. WAPOW

Hoboken Dukes
December 6th, 2017, 03:31 PM
I won't be worried until we give up more than 14 points in a game. Until then, I'm confident.

JMU - 31
Weber State - 10

Madisonian
December 6th, 2017, 04:21 PM

So to clarify, Dukes80 and the entire SHSU fan base attempted to overthrow emperor Nicholas I in 1825 or they’re just Indie Rock fans?

So naturally you joined the Boards on December 1, 2014. Are you Strawberry-Kiwi scented or powder fresh?

kalm
December 6th, 2017, 05:05 PM
I'm not. Weber's D looked slow against SUU. EAST COAST SPEED.

LOL yeah you guys got anymore of those non-scholly teams we can play?

This post cracked me up.

katss07
December 6th, 2017, 05:13 PM
You’ll learn that answer quickly...

JayMYou
December 6th, 2017, 07:54 PM

This isn't a knock on Weber (or any other team we're up against), but I don't really get nervous that another team is going to beat us- I'm more nervous that we'll lose due to poor decisions/execution. I honestly think when JMU is hitting on all cylinders we can handily beat just about anybody. Last year, NDSU's team didn't concern me as much as the potential for the crowd noise to mess up our offense (which it did quite a bit). We'll be fine if we just refrain from beating ourselves, so to speak.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oCWtm8TUIsJIQwo6I/giphy.gif

TheKingpin28
December 6th, 2017, 11:26 PM
So to clarify, Dukes80 and the entire SHSU fan base attempted to overthrow emperor Nicholas I in 1825 or they’re just Indie Rock fans?

So naturally you joined the Boards on December 1, 2014. Are you Strawberry-Kiwi scented or powder fresh?

If you stick around for more than when your team is doing well, then the term "Decembrist" does not apply. I noticed you joined during the championship run in 06, disappeared, and then came back last year? #caseandpoint

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 7th, 2017, 01:53 AM

Yes, the whole game against SUU I was rooting for a SUU comeback that never happened. Weber St. would be a one-loss to Cal team if not for their QB getting injured the first time around vs. SUU. I see a very well-balanced team and the only team it reminds me of in the CAA right now is JMU actually.

Do I think JMU will win? They should IF they play well. But this is a team against whom an off day will end the season quickly as it did for SUU. For me it is difficult to gauge how the conferences stack up. Most on our boards see JMU as the faster team. Probably so, but football speed is a funny thing, and deceptive. Weber St. took good angles on defense, and that together with discipline is exactly how JMU dominates opponents on defense. They have depth a DB like JMU, and their front four on defense was able to disrupt a very good SUU team seemingly with ease. So this is a big test.

Why would JMU roll this team as some Dukes fans predict? Our defense has been a turnover machine. If we're not getting sacks, we're getting INTs. If the QB holds the ball, he'll eat it soon enough. That pressure leads to easier opportunities on offense with a shorter field. Our ST leader in Miller was lost to a srained ankle, but the back up came in and had a huge punt return against Stony Brook, so I feel confident on Special Teams even with that loss. It also seemed like SUU's mobile QB gave WSU some fits at times in last week's game. I think Schor will have a big day with his feet and through the air, with the defense getting caught one way or the other depending on the looks.

Why will Weber St. pull the upset? I can think of two main factors: 1) Schor makes bad decisions. He's generally solid, but this year more than last he's tried to force a ball into tight coverage, or held the ball too long thinking he could make a play when it was busted. 2) Offensive line falters. JMU's clear weakest spot (and it's still pretty damn good) is the O-line. It's younger than other parts of the team, and the running lanes just haven't been there like years past. Also, it seems like Schor gets pressured faster than he did at this time during last year's run. If the WSU wins, I'll bet it will be their D-line that deserves the lion's share of the credit.

Still, I think JMU wins this one on a short week with big travel for the team from Utah. But am I nervous? Yes, Weber St. is probably the 3-4 best team in the country despite actual ratings. I look forward to seeing how our Dukes stack up against our third wildcat team of the year.

Madisonian
December 7th, 2017, 06:56 AM
If you stick around for more than when your team is doing well, then the term "Decembrist" does not apply. I noticed you joined during the championship run in 06, disappeared, and then came back last year? #caseandpoint

We won a National championship in ‘04. Nice try though, we lost to Youngstown first round of the playoffs in 06. Why would I have any desire to discuss FCS Playoff football on a FCS Playoff thread any other time of the year? It’s cool buddy. You’re not legit unless you’re on here in April talking about Spring Ball. Case in Point.

Moving on... Dukes 21, Cats 13

kalm
December 7th, 2017, 07:20 AM
Yes, the whole game against SUU I was rooting for a SUU comeback that never happened. Weber St. would be a one-loss to Cal team if not for their QB getting injured the first time around vs. SUU. I see a very well-balanced team and the only team it reminds me of in the CAA right now is JMU actually.

Do I think JMU will win? They should IF they play well. But this is a team against whom an off day will end the season quickly as it did for SUU. For me it is difficult to gauge how the conferences stack up. Most on our boards see JMU as the faster team. Probably so, but football speed is a funny thing, and deceptive. Weber St. took good angles on defense, and that together with discipline is exactly how JMU dominates opponents on defense. They have depth a DB like JMU, and their front four on defense was able to disrupt a very good SUU team seemingly with ease. So this is a big test.

Why would JMU roll this team as some Dukes fans predict? Our defense has been a turnover machine. If we're not getting sacks, we're getting INTs. If the QB holds the ball, he'll eat it soon enough. That pressure leads to easier opportunities on offense with a shorter field. Our ST leader in Miller was lost to a srained ankle, but the back up came in and had a huge punt return against Stony Brook, so I feel confident on Special Teams even with that loss. It also seemed like SUU's mobile QB gave WSU some fits at times in last week's game. I think Schor will have a big day with his feet and through the air, with the defense getting caught one way or the other depending on the looks.

Why will Weber St. pull the upset? I can think of two main factors: 1) Schor makes bad decisions. He's generally solid, but this year more than last he's tried to force a ball into tight coverage, or held the ball too long thinking he could make a play when it was busted. 2) Offensive line falters. JMU's clear weakest spot (and it's still pretty damn good) is the O-line. It's younger than other parts of the team, and the running lanes just haven't been there like years past. Also, it seems like Schor gets pressured faster than he did at this time during last year's run. If the WSU wins, I'll bet it will be their D-line that deserves the lion's share of the credit.

Still, I think JMU wins this one on a short week with big travel for the team from Utah. But am I nervous? Yes, Weber St. is probably the 3-4 best team in the country despite actual ratings. I look forward to seeing how our Dukes stack up against our third wildcat team of the year.

Good post.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2017, 07:28 AM
Andrew Vollert is a serious weapon, I can see him hauling one in against JMU, But he's going to need a few more if Weber State wants to win this game

what the JMU Defensive backs did to the highly rated Sam Houston passing game last year was nothing short of incredible

DirtyDukes
December 7th, 2017, 08:17 AM
This post cracked me up.

BUT WAS I SERIOUS? ;)

jmufan999
December 7th, 2017, 09:48 AM
We won a National championship in ‘04. Nice try though, we lost to Youngstown first round of the playoffs in 06. Why would I have any desire to discuss FCS Playoff football on a FCS Playoff thread any other time of the year? It’s cool buddy. You’re not legit unless you’re on here in April talking about Spring Ball. Case in Point.

just ignore him. every other word out of his mouth is either "slot voting" or "Decembrist". i think he might be a bot.

and i'm with you, i'll probably disappear after our season is over, regardless. i think i took some time off last year and didn't post for quite a while, and that was after we won the title.

PurpleStreamers
December 7th, 2017, 10:29 AM

Excellent post and I'm with you on the nerves. I actually do think many JMU fans are being slightly more realistic than usual with their predictions. At least they've figured out the Dukes don't score 50 anymore this year. I'm with you on confidence in Amos in the return game, but the weather (mid 20's, Valley wind) is another nerve-wracking factor this week. It's not really to either team's advantage, but it just feels like a week when a shanked kick that accidentally hits someone or missed FG could be enormous. I've felt all year (at least since ECU), that JMU was good enough that they could even overcome something super-flukey that went against them. This is the first game where I'm truly nervous about something like that. Still confident, and more than anything I'm betting that Coach Houston and the team aren't taking WSU lightly at all, but I agree fans are sleeping on how tough Weber really is. If Cantwell was healthy and they beat SUU in the regular season, they would've been a top 5 team. If they'd also held the lead against Cal in the 4th, they'd be ranked #2.

Can't wait to hit the road tomorrow morning for this one!

Iridebikes
December 7th, 2017, 10:40 AM
Good post.
i like your analysis, fair and honest. I'm of the opinion that JMU should win this game but its not a fore gone conclusion. Weber is a really good team and I agree that they are probably in the top five of all FCS right now. They have the travel to deal with plus the NCAA compliant "neutral" crowd. As a BSC guy I'm hoping for the upset. I am pleased that we'll be able to watch on ESPN.

jmufan999
December 7th, 2017, 10:42 AM
it was smart of WSU to fly up on Wednesday instead of Thursday. i don't remember what Sammy did last year. i'm assuming they'll have access to the stadium for a practice, walkthrough, whatever they want.

Grizzlies82
December 7th, 2017, 10:57 AM

Excellent write up.

Weber State is not a "great" team but I've been impressed with what they've done down there. They won't dazzle anyone but it is almost deceptive. They are just extremely solid in EVERY ASPECT of their game. They are more than capable of beating anyone left in the tourney. It seems unlikely they will advance further but I'm rooting for our western neighbors to play their best game. Sorry to hear it's going to be cold in Virginia. I was hoping JMU could fill their beautiful stadium tomorrow and put on a good show for a nation-wide audience. Best of luck to all, here is hoping for an injury free, exciting game!

Hammerhead
December 7th, 2017, 11:03 AM

Can't lose if you also add full hearts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7TOHrppa_E

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2017, 11:03 AM
just ignore him. every other word out of his mouth is either "slot voting" or "Decembrist". i think he might be a bot.

and i'm with you, i'll probably disappear after our season is over, regardless. i think i took some time off last year and didn't post for quite a while, and that was after we won the title.

How Russian am I tho?

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2017, 11:04 AM

My bad. You came for a couple of months and disappeared for 11 years. I guess I can be wrong.

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2017, 11:27 AM
If Weber is +2 on turnovers they have a chance.

DirtyDukes
December 7th, 2017, 11:28 AM
I'll be honest I'm a little nervous for the game but nothing 10 shots of fireball can't fix

BNATION
December 7th, 2017, 11:53 AM
I'll be honest I'm a little nervous for the game but nothing 10 shots of fireball can't fix How I currently feel as well. Win or lose its always better drunk... I was about 12 beers deep by halftime in the quarters last year...

jmufan999
December 7th, 2017, 12:16 PM
JMU announced the uniform combo: black-purple-black

Hoboken Dukes
December 7th, 2017, 12:21 PM
My bad. You came for a couple of months and disappeared for 11 years. I guess I can be wrong.

We get it, you think your opinion matters more because you're at the stage of your life where you can (want to?) post on an FCS message board ~7,700 times in a 3-year stretch. Or, if my math is correct, around 7 times a day on average. Congratulations.

Now, as for me - and many other fans that engage with this message board during the the FCS playoffs - I'm not at a stage in my life where I can (or want to) post 7 times a day on an FCS message board. Fortunately, JMU football is just part of a well balanced year-round sports addiction and the FCS playoffs nicely augment my NFL football, basketball (both college & pro), baseball and hockey interests. Maybe it's not the same where you live and NDSU/FCS football is allocated the lions share of your sporting enthusiasm manifested through message board posts. If that's the case, knock yourself out.

However, many JMU fans who joined in years following the 2004 National Championship have been here every year since, myself included. Just because we don't post an obsessive amount doesn't mean we are any less of fans. It just means we are sane individuals with other things to do - #DecembristForLife.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 7th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Excellent write up.

Weber State is not a "great" team but I've been impressed with what they've done down there. They won't dazzle anyone but it is almost deceptive. They are just extremely solid in EVERY ASPECT of their game. They are more than capable of beating anyone left in the tourney. It seems unlikely they will advance further but I'm rooting for our western neighbors to play their best game. Sorry to hear it's going to be cold in Virginia. I was hoping JMU could fill their beautiful stadium tomorrow and put on a good show for a nation-wide audience. Best of luck to all, here is hoping for an injury free, exciting game!

Cold weather aside, Friday sucks for those trying to get out of DC, just a horrible commute. The band of about 400 will be at 75%, as some of the best musicians have a symphonic concert at the same time. Add the usual holiday time excuses, and we'll be lucky to have 15k. I expect 12-13k. 50% of a stadium is just not right for this amazing once in a generation team, but we beat this to death preaching to the choir on our boards and FB. Students will show up for the rally towels, but probably leave early to study for finals or drink, or both lol. The good thing is that the ones who show up will be among the loudest and rowdiest of the fan base. Some of us donated money/tickets for local charaties to attend, so there's that too.

It's a great stadium for media though, so the game should be a good show for the country, including replays, etc.

StrikeJMU
December 7th, 2017, 01:44 PM
If Weber is +2 on turnovers they have a chance.

Agreed. We don't tend to be turnover prone and our secondary picks off like every 8th pass. A -2 this Friday would mean something went wrong.

Gangtackle11
December 7th, 2017, 01:57 PM
We get it, you think your opinion matters more because you're at the stage of your life where you can (want to?) post on an FCS message board ~7,700 times in a 3-year stretch. Or, if my math is correct, around 7 times a day on average. Congratulations.

Now, as for me - and many other fans that engage with this message board during the the FCS playoffs - I'm not at a stage in my life where I can (or want to) post 7 times a day on an FCS message board. Fortunately, JMU football is just part of a well balanced year-round sports addiction and the FCS playoffs nicely augment my NFL football, basketball (both college & pro), baseball and hockey interests. Maybe it's not the same where you live and NDSU/FCS football is allocated the lions share of your sporting enthusiasm manifested through message board posts. If that's the case, knock yourself out.

However, many JMU fans who joined in years following the 2004 National Championship have been here every year since, myself included. Just because we don't post an obsessive amount doesn't mean we are any less of fans. It just means we are sane individuals with other things to do - #DecembristForLife.

Pretty much sums it up for guys like him. The state ranks 48th in population with 680,000 inhabitants. The state of Maine has more population than North & South Dakota combined. We think of Maine to be sparse in terms of population on this side of the country. It’s densely populated in comparison. Translation there really isn’t much to do especially during the harsh winters that the region dishes out.

He probably just doesn’t get a chance to do much other than masterbate via the web frequently here about his beloved Bison. A guy like him just can’t fathom that there is more to life in parts of the country where you hail from. The Bison is all he has so he attacks a guy like you who has other outlets in life.

Guys like him have absolutely nothing, but his Bison. It’s consumes him. He attempts to belittle everyone that offers a point of view different from his. Fortunately, you don’t experience his nonsense much.

Good luck Friday night. I love watching great defense & JMU’s is the best in the FCS this season. xpeacex

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Pretty much sums it up for guys like him. The state ranks 48th in population with 680,000 inhabitants. The state of Maine has more population than North & South Dakota combined. We think of Maine to be sparse in terms of population on this side of the country. It’s densely populated in comparison. Translation there really isn’t much to do especially during the harsh winters that the region dishes out.

He probably just doesn’t get a chance to do much other than masterbate via the web frequently here about his beloved Bison. A guy like him just can’t phatom that there is more to life in parts of the country where you hail from. The Bison is all he has so he attacks a guy like you who has other outlets in life.

Guys like him have absolutely nothing, but his Bison. It’s consumes him. He attempts to belittle everyone that offers a point of view different from his. Fortunately, you don’t experience his nonsense much.

Good luck Friday night. I love watching great defense & JMU’s is the best in the FCS this season. xpeacex

Among the 3 of you involved in your little slap-fest, you come off as the biggest dick tho.
Although I cannot fathom what value your tirade adds to this thread.

Gangtackle11
December 7th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Among the 3 of you involved in your little slap-fest, you come off as the biggest dick tho.
Although I cannot fathom what value your tirade adds to this thread.

Nothing to be truthful.
He’s the troll here. Where is his contribution to this game? None. Just trolls to get his agenda out.

I will do my part to give the thread back to those interested in the game. Should be a good one. xpeacex

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Nothing to be truthful.
He’s the troll here. Where is his contribution to this game? None. Just trolls to get his agenda out.

I will do my part to give the thread back to those interested in the game. Should be a good one. xpeacex

I'm just yankin your chain a little. :)

Gangtackle11
December 7th, 2017, 02:25 PM
I'm just yankin your chain a little. :)

✌️

katss07
December 7th, 2017, 04:59 PM
It’ll be cold
It’ll be dark
It’ll be a perfect night for a Weber State win...come on Wildcats!

I expect this to be a defensive battle. Close for a half, but JMU pulls away.

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2017, 07:22 PM
It’ll be cold
It’ll be dark
It’ll be a perfect night for a win Weber State...come on Wildcats!

I expect this to be a defensive battle. Close for a half, but JMU pulls away.

........WELL...........WHICH IS IT........xconfusedx......BRAWK!

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2017, 09:27 PM
........WELL...........WHICH IS IT........xconfusedx......BRAWK!

Well Weber is used to playing in the loud, dark, and cold of Washington Grizzly Stadium..... ;)

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2017, 11:21 PM

He probably just doesn’t get a chance to do much other than masterbate via the web frequently here about his beloved Bison. A guy like him just can’t fathom that there is more to life in parts of the country where you hail from. The Bison is all he has so he attacks a guy like you who has other outlets in life.

Good to know you know everything about me.

I live in the Twin Cities and traveled to Harvard and UNH just to see their stadiums this past fall. But yes, glad to know you are a stereotypical East Coaster being smug and holier than thou about how you view me.

Gangtackle11
December 8th, 2017, 04:17 AM
Good to know you know everything about me.

I live in the Twin Cities and traveled to Harvard and UNH just to see their stadiums this past fall. But yes, glad to know you are a stereotypical East Coaster being smug and holier than thou about how you view me.

Lets take this angle. Try not post in a thread unless you actually can articulate an intelligent thought about the game. Most come here to learn something about or make an opinion of the Weber State & JMU Teams. You attacked a JMU fan for his amount of posts.

You just cant help yourself as a high % of your posts are repetitive,borish, & mostly off topic. Rarelyif ever is it a comment about the game or topic.

It would be great to confine your posts to MVFC focused threads, but you are now choosing to “pollute” more & more discussions.

Whether the poster has 50 or 5000 posts they don’t deserve your constant barbs. I try to avoid the MVFC dominated threads to avoid your antics. Unfortunately you have spread out to here & ruined for me & Im sure many others. Congrats troll.

My thoughts were you had to be a recluse in some remote area of the region that used the internet to gain attention. I was wrong if what u say is true. Still doesn’t excuse you for what you are.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2017, 05:07 AM
Lets take this angle. Try not post in a thread unless you actually can articulate an intelligent thought about the game. Most come here to learn something about or make an opinion of the Weber State & JMU Teams. You attacked a JMU fan for his amount of posts.

You just cant help yourself as a high % of your posts are repetitive,borish, & mostly off topic. Rarelyif ever is it a comment about the game or topic.

It would be great to confine your posts to MVFC focused threads, but you are now choosing to “pollute” more & more discussions.

Whether the poster has 50 or 5000 posts they don’t deserve your constant barbs. I try to avoid the MVFC dominated threads to avoid your antics. Unfortunately you have spread out to here & ruined for me & Im sure many others. Congrats troll.

My thoughts were you had to be a recluse in some remote area of the region that used the internet to gain attention. I was wrong if what u say is true. Still doesn’t excuse you for what you are.

Dayummm

Gangtackle11
December 8th, 2017, 05:15 AM
I’m thinking Weber State will be a great test tonight. I caught a little of their games against Cal & more recently SUSU.

I expect this to be a slow death for the Western Cats. JMU Defense will get a turnover or 2 along with win the battle of field position. Weber State wins these areas then it could be a FCS playoff classic.

BNATION
December 8th, 2017, 05:41 AM
Can't lose if you also add full hearts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7TOHrppa_E

Nuff said. The coach has spoken. Texas Forever.

BNATION
December 8th, 2017, 05:44 AM
I’m thinking Weber State will be a great test tonight. I caught a little of their games against Cal & more recently SUSU.

I expect this to be a slow death for the Western Cats. JMU Defense will get a turnover or 2 along with win the battle of field position. Weber State wins these areas then it could be a FCS playoff classic.

Agreed. Weber will need to be ahead in TO margin and will need to take advantage of a few short fields should they get a couple. I think if Weber can score 24 or so points they have a chance in this ballgame.

kalm
December 8th, 2017, 07:15 AM

What's wrong with remote areas? We currently have a mother and yearling moose wandering through our subdivision. I can go out at night and actually see the stars and hear the coyotes howl. I can be on a country road within 1 minute. I'm golfing, flyfishing, x-country skiing, and hunting within 10 mintues. But yeah...nothing much for us country bumpkins to do. xsmiley_wix

Give me Maine or the Dakotas over any east coast urban ****hole 7 days a week and twice on sundays.

bonarae
December 8th, 2017, 07:18 AM
This excuse note seems something to me...

https://twitter.com/JMUSports/status/939117367971536896

Gangtackle11
December 8th, 2017, 07:42 AM
What's wrong with remote areas? We currently have a mother and yearling moose wandering through our subdivision. I can go out at night and actually see the stars and hear the coyotes howl. I can be on a country road within 1 minute. I'm golfing, flyfishing, x-country skiing, and hunting within 10 mintues. But yeah...nothing much for us country bumpkins to do. xsmiley_wix

Give me Maine or the Dakotas over any east coast urban ****hole 7 days a week and twice on sundays.

Missed the point, but that’s ok. It wasn’t about where he lived, but the motive behind why he might act out. It’s GameDay for these 2 teams. Let’s give that it’s due.

kalm
December 8th, 2017, 08:08 AM
Missed the point, but that’s ok. It wasn’t about where he lived, but the motive behind why he might act out. It’s GameDay for these 2 teams. Let’s give that it’s due.

No, you cited low population, cold winters, boredom and a lack of understanding there's more to do in higher populated areas and you failed miserably at your smack.

veinup
December 8th, 2017, 08:25 AM
i need work to go by quickly today and for this game to get started. hype

Gangtackle11
December 8th, 2017, 08:56 AM
No, you cited low population, cold winters, boredom and a lack of understanding there's more to do in higher populated areas and you failed miserably at your smack.

Not worth it. Rep points gathered tell a different story. Have a great weekend! xpeacex ✌️

ST_Lawson
December 8th, 2017, 09:30 AM
it was smart of WSU to fly up on Wednesday instead of Thursday. i don't remember what Sammy did last year. i'm assuming they'll have access to the stadium for a practice, walkthrough, whatever they want.

Not that it matters much, but Ogden is more northern than Harrisonburg. It's actually almost exactly the same latitude as Harrisburg/Hershey, PA.
Just as an FYI in response to your "fly up" phrasing.

JmuSkinsfan
December 8th, 2017, 09:45 AM

Well - Harrisonburg is a bit of a mini-city with 50k+, but you're smack-dab in the middle of the Shenendoah Valley and all that it has to offer. Won't find too many JMU folks disagreeing with your sentiment :)

I live just outside of DC. But my in-laws have a cabin in WV. Kind of the best of both worlds. But I hear ya, I hear ya.

Grizalltheway
December 8th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Not worth it. Rep points gathered tell a different story. Have a great weekend! xpeacex ✌️

Wow! How cool are you??

BNATION
December 8th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Took the under in this game.

jmufan999
December 8th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Agreed. Weber will need to be ahead in TO margin and will need to take advantage of a few short fields should they get a couple. I think if Weber can score 24 or so points they have a chance in this ballgame.

a chance? if they score 24, they're winning as something has gone horribly wrong for us (most likely: turnovers giving them a short field, as you mentioned). i guess the other thing would be a trick play or a big play on special teams.

note that the 24 point threshold is for this game only and does not necessarily apply to other games.

Gangtackle11
December 8th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Wow! How cool are you??

I am. Thanks for your admiration. ✌️

Now back to the game.

BNATION
December 8th, 2017, 10:47 AM
a chance? if they score 24, they're winning as something has gone horribly wrong for us (most likely: turnovers giving them a short field, as you mentioned). i guess the other thing would be a trick play or a big play on special teams.

note that the 24 point threshold is for this game only and does not necessarily apply to other games.

I think JMU scores 17-20. IMO.

kalm
December 8th, 2017, 10:49 AM

Rep points? We don't deal in sissiefied affirmation currency like rep points out here. We deal in pelts and gold.

DUKESALLDAY
December 8th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Despite everything I’ve read I have a feeling the JMU fun game finally clicks again. Competitive physical first half but JMU runs away with it in the second. If JMU is dominating play by half I can see them running away with it at home given the conditions.

Gangtackle11
December 8th, 2017, 10:53 AM
Rep points? We don't deal in sissiefied affirmation currency like rep points out here. We deal in pelts and gold.

Dilly! Dilly!

Bison56
December 8th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Dilly! Dilly!
It all makes sense now.

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2017, 11:21 AM

This might be the most ironic thing you have ever posted. You should actually read my posts and not cherry pick the ones that fit your narrative. Your attempt at "calling me out" fell flat on its' face and I am over here laughing.

I have said it before and I will say it again, just to appease the Nova overlord, I was impressed at how lockdown of a corner WSU has as I truly thought WIU was going to win. They are no pushover and I am glad I have had them a borderline T10 team for awhile.

BNATION
December 8th, 2017, 02:40 PM
A little over 3hrs. Bets are in, Steaks are bought, and whiskey is ready to be poured. Good luck to both teams. Should be a fun one.

JmuSkinsfan
December 8th, 2017, 03:02 PM
A little over 3hrs. Bets are in, Steaks are bought, and whiskey is ready to be poured. Good luck to both teams. Should be a fun one.

Maybe my fanhood is to be questioned ... my wife's office party is tonight. If it wasn't a small office, I'd totally skip it. Neither of us want to be there and want to be on the couch watching the game (she's 8 months pregnant and we've got a 2 year old so going to the game together was a no-go). Dinner is in a private room sans a TV at 730 EST. Eff. Will be the first game I haven't seen in person or on TV this year, and it's killing me. And to see other team's fans hype to watch it makes me even more depressed. Oh well, if we win I already have my rooms booked for next weekend in the Burg.

I will be getting to the bar at 645 for a drink and try to catch the first quarter. I'll be watching the rest on my phone under the table, but obviously wont be able to ... actively ... watch it.

Bisonoline
December 8th, 2017, 03:39 PM

Remember----when THEY are on offense--YOU cheer. When YOU are on offense you DONT cheer. Got it? OK repeat after me---when they------------:D

JmuSkinsfan
December 8th, 2017, 03:49 PM
Curious to know/see how many show up tonight. I know there's the "you make it work" mentality ... but JMU's largest alumni base is located in Northern Virginia, and getting out (even early) of the office on a Friday to drive the 2(without traffic) hours down to Hburg makes it a difficult task for even the most dedicated. I know a lot of people who would be going if the game were tomorrow, but instead have crossed their fingers that we win, and will be in attendance next week.

Even with a strong showing from students and locals, and a good influx from Richmond (another strong base that's probably easier to exit during rush hour) ... the stadium will likely still be empty. Which sucks, but ... Friday games ... ugh

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2017, 04:09 PM
I think the snow will have more to do it than anything

th0m
December 8th, 2017, 04:10 PM
Decent odds that if we advance we have another friday game sooo yeah. I still expect at least 15k tonight.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 8th, 2017, 05:14 PM
I think JMU wins by 20+...looking forward to kickoff!!

JmuSkinsfan
December 8th, 2017, 05:19 PM
I think the snow will have more to do it than anything

Man good call there too. Although the snow isn’t supposed to be bad out west (west from dc) and isn’t supposed to start until 2-3 AM but I’m sure it’ll keep some away certainly.

jmu007
December 8th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Been snowing since 2PM here in Richmond. Be glad it didn't make it that far west. Would've made for some really crappy drives home.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 8th, 2017, 05:28 PM
Been snowing since 2PM here in Richmond. Be glad it didn't make it that far west. Would've made for some really crappy drives home.

I have tickets to the Bills-Colts game on Sunday. Orchard Park, NY already had nearly 2 feet during the last 36 hours and are expected to get another 3-6" on Sunday. I might be bailing on that one. I don't mind snow but driving in it sucks...

jmu007
December 8th, 2017, 05:30 PM
I don’t even mind driving in it really. It’s all the other people that scare me haha.

Bison56
December 8th, 2017, 05:42 PM
I don’t even mind driving in it really. It’s all the other people that scare me haha.
Exactly how I feel about it.

Bison56
December 8th, 2017, 06:02 PM
Some coaches just know what to say and coach Houston is one of them. Good luck to both teams.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 8th, 2017, 06:03 PM

Exactly! Lots of variables! Ive driven in it all my life. Montana was another level because of the ice due to lack of chemical agents.

chattownmocs
December 8th, 2017, 06:04 PM
2 of the very best coaches in the country. Both have done unbelievable jobs.

Bison56
December 8th, 2017, 06:05 PM
Picking up the sounds of some classy fans on the tube.

BNATION
December 8th, 2017, 06:08 PM
Uh oh. Bad decision.

Bison56
Nice defensive play be the Weber DB, takes it back to the 4 yard line.

Reign of Terrier
turnover. yikes.

WrenFGun
Nearly a pick 6 for Weber!

dwtime
Bad throw Schor

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2017, 06:09 PM
good play call by Weber

WrenFGun
TD Weber! Wow!

Go Lehigh TU owl
Good start for Weber St. Now it's on the Dukes to respond. Schor does not make mistakes usually.

Bison56
TD Weber 7-0 with 12:46 to go in the first.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Hot damn that's how you start a game

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

dwtime
I think JMU is in for a game tonight

Bison56
Weber couldn't have asked for a better start, now let's see JMUs response.

Gangtackle11
December 8th, 2017, 06:11 PM
A lot of game to go, but if WSU has significant turnover edge it will be interesting.

dwtime
December 8th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Big hole, nice run.

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2017, 06:16 PM
I'm pretty sure every play JMU has hit so far has gone for more yardage than Weber's total offense.

It's an unfair comparison but it's also showing how much JMU is getting push on the LOS

WrenFGun
December 8th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Whooie those were some big holes. TD JMU.

BNATION
December 8th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Didn't take long

Gangtackle11
December 8th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Big boys upfront getting it done. Nothing fancy. Power football.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Jmu thunders back

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 8th, 2017, 06:19 PM
The o-line is getting a better push today than it has today than since ECU and some of our worst opponents (Norfolk St, ETSU).

th0m
December 8th, 2017, 06:19 PM
God time for the rushing to start clicking. Never seen Marshall run this effective.

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2017, 06:24 PM
They're getting like 7 and 8 yards a rush.

No need to pass

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2017, 06:24 PM
God time for the rushing to start clicking. Never seen Marshall run this effective.

but have you seen the big fluffy sky before?

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2017, 06:27 PM
so is calling the Big Sky the Big Fluffy facetious or is their some legitimate criticism behind it?

Twentysix
December 8th, 2017, 06:28 PM
Damn impressive sacks

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
Schor making some very questionable decisions.

th0m

Their defense looked pretty good this drive though.

mmiller_34
Nice stop there by Weber

El Griz
December 8th, 2017, 06:29 PM
Leg kick to Cantwell on the sack
Dirty. Kick

Twentysix
4th and 26 without any penalties is damn impressive

caribbeanhen

Big sky has been known not to play much D, but 53 looks pretty good, Schor getting some heat

WrenFGun
December 8th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Weber is ready to play. They seem very sound and have been competitive everywhere. The question is whether they can move the ball enough not to exhaust their defense.

Reign of Terrier
I don't see why they even call pass plays. They are getting 8 yards a carry on like 90% of their run plays thus far

Grizalltheway

You were saying

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2017, 06:31 PM
Their defense looked pretty good this drive though.

they did, Schor is elusive and hard to sack and they just did it twice

th0m
December 8th, 2017, 06:31 PM
Leg kick to Cantwell on the sack
Dirty. Kick

That didnt look very good no but there was a ref right on them, im sure he would have called something if there was something there.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Terrible spot. Refs in jmu pocketbook

BNATION
December 8th, 2017, 06:36 PM
JMU is just not to impressive on offense. I think they are the better team but they are beatable for sure.

dwtime
December 8th, 2017, 06:36 PM
that wasnt offsides?

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 8th, 2017, 06:37 PM
I almost wonder if Schor assumed that was an offsides and just went for it?

Nah, he's probably just making dumb decisions.

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Wow. 3rd and 3 and JMU doesn’t run it? I like their chances to pick up the first on a zone read rather than a quick fade.