View Full Version : Quarterfinal: Kennesaw State @ SHSU

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Serpentor
December 3rd, 2017, 12:30 PM
Well let's get this thing going...

EDIT: Admin, please kill this thread, I started a new one with poll included.

Sammy94
December 3rd, 2017, 12:31 PM
Why didn’t you add a poll? I like to see the Sam haters all pick KSU

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2017, 12:31 PM
Well let's get this thing going...

Add a poll, if you wish....

Serpentor
December 3rd, 2017, 12:33 PM
Add a poll, if you wish....

I want to, it's not showing up on the edit page.

Serpentor
December 3rd, 2017, 12:35 PM
Because apparently this website won't let you add a poll after you started the first thread.

Serpentor
December 3rd, 2017, 12:46 PM
Serpentor feels good about next weeks game, I see a Bearkat victory. THIS, I COMMAND!

katss07
December 3rd, 2017, 12:58 PM
Hmm, should be a good one. Strevler is good, but can the JSU defense shut him down? We shall see. Should be a fun one. I’ll go with whoever all-mighty Sagarin goes with. He knows everything.

JSUSoutherner
December 3rd, 2017, 01:21 PM
You have to go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the page and click "Add Poll"

TennBison
December 3rd, 2017, 01:49 PM
You have to go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the page and click "Add Poll"
Maybe SHSU should do that with their football team, go to the top of the team web page and click "Add Defense".

ElCid
December 3rd, 2017, 02:21 PM
Maybe SHSU should do that with their football team, go to the top of the team web page and click "Add Defense".

Now that is just funny.xlolx

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2017, 02:25 PM
So I picked Kennesaw, for three or four reasons.

1) Sam Houston State's defense (and the entire defense of the Southland Conference, except McNeese State maybe) is suspect. I don't see them shutting down Kennesaw State's run game. This could turn into a shootout, but see #3 why I don't think the scoring will be *too* high

2)Sam Houston State's offense is liable for quick three and outs, just as much as they are to score fast (If I don't feel lazy, I'll research both team's offense/stop rate). People often say that Sam Houston State is bad because in many playoff games they have laid major eggs. It's not because they are a bad team, but because the style of play is high risk, high reward and if you have a bad day, it's a *really* bad day. The best defenses in FCS average a stop rate of about 80%. If an offense gets 15 possessions but only scores 20% of the time, that' still score 20 or so points. So when Sam Houston messes up and gets blown out, it's because their offense has a bad day and the opponent offense scores 40-50% of the time (average rate for a good team). so, it's like 7 scores (40ish points) compared to 2-3. You get the idea.

3) Anyway, I don't think that will happen with Kennesaw because I think they'll try to run the clock, knowing full well what SHSU is capable of. I think if the TOP is 35 or 40 minutes to 20 with the advantage KSU, KSU wins like 31-21. Basically, I'm skeptical of air raid offenses, because historically they seem to hit a wall.

4) If Kennesaw State wins and Wofford wins, Wofford gets the home game:D

Having said all of that, it's possible that I've misread both KSU and SHSU and SHSU wins handily. The above 1-3 are what you will see if KSU wins.

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2017, 02:35 PM
I'm enjoying the anti-Bearkat sentiment..... Makes the victory that much sweeter..

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2017, 02:39 PM
I'm enjoying the anti-Bearkat sentiment..... Makes the victory that much sweeter..

You let the #6 team in the Valley almost beat you on your own turf and let them back into the game. It is not "anti-Bearkat sentiment", it is just the truth.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2017, 02:40 PM
There are no bad teams at this point in the season. If Sam Houston loses, it's not because they are a bad team, just not the best team on the field on that day.

This is true of all teams IMO

ElCid
December 3rd, 2017, 02:44 PM
There are no bad teams at this point in the season. If Sam Houston loses, it's not because they are a bad team, just not the best team on the field on that day.

This is true of all teams IMO

There are a few fanboys here that don't understand that.

CvilleDuke
December 3rd, 2017, 02:44 PM
Kennesaw by a TD.

katss07
December 3rd, 2017, 02:45 PM
I agree Daytripper. The more hate there is, the sweeter the victory. 12-0 at home in the playoffs? Game Against Kennesaw?? I like our chances.

Please, keep doubting us.

Sammy94
December 3rd, 2017, 02:46 PM
It seems KSU is one demisional on offense. I think if Sam jumps on them early, which history shows that has a real good chance of happening, KSU may have great chance of running the clock out on themselves.

katss07
December 3rd, 2017, 02:47 PM
You let the #6 team in the Valley almost beat you on your own turf and let them back into the game. It is not "anti-Bearkat sentiment", it is just the truth.

Hold on a second sir. People were praising USD a few weeks ago. Strevler this, USD that. “South Dakota will beat Sam!”. Now the story is changing.

TennBison
December 3rd, 2017, 02:50 PM
It has not helped you in the last six years, did your team practice for it this year?xdontknowx

Sammy94
December 3rd, 2017, 02:51 PM
Hold on a second sir. People were praising USD a few weeks ago. Strevler this, USD that. “South Dakota will beat Sam!”. Now the story is changing.

Story is still the same, the team is different. One of these days the haters will be right as usual, I just don’t think it will be this week.

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2017, 02:53 PM

Remember what happened to you against UCA and how awful UCA looked against UNH? Yeah. Streveler is the entire USeD offense and he practically beat you buy himself. It sucks that they do not have a defense, but they wasted him IMO. He was a sensational talent that deserved better.

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2017, 02:53 PM
Story is still the same, the team is different. One of these days the haters will be right as usual, I just don’t think it will be this week.

Kind of like all of those blowouts that SHSU has sustained when they played a team with a pulse? That's what I thought. xcoffeex

Sammy94
December 3rd, 2017, 02:56 PM
Kind of like all of those blowouts that SHSU has sustained when they played a team with a pulse? That's what I thought. xcoffeex

You mean those teams that have played in the National Championship that same year? Good to know there are only 2 teams with a pulse every season.

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2017, 02:59 PM

almost?? that's not supposed to matter, right?

- - - Updated - - -

almost?? that's not supposed to matter, right?

TennBison
December 3rd, 2017, 03:00 PM
Not really. Quite a few were surprised USD was even in the playoffs. Most Bison fans were pointing out that USD was reeling and that the QB was hurting and that it was a miracle they won their first round game. Just because people picked USD to win a game was not a product of USD being good as much as it was a product of the teams they were playing being bad. I picked SHSU to win the game against SHSU, but I was all ready to cheer them if they won. I believed that USD should not have made the playoffs at all and am on record saying so. I also believe SHSU is overrated and should not have been a seeded team. And probably should have been playing in round 1.

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2017, 03:02 PM
Not really. Quite a few were surprised USD was even in the playoffs. Most Bison fans were pointing out that USD was reeling and that the QB was hurting and that it was a miracle they won their first round game. Just because people picked USD to win a game was not a product of USD being good as much as it was a product of the teams they were playing being bad. I picked SHSU to win the game against SHSU, but I was all ready to cheer them if they won. I believed that USD should not have made the playoffs at all and am on record saying so. I also believe SHSU is overrated and should not have been a seeded team. And probably should have been playing in round 1.

Yet how many seeded teams are left? I think the result show that they deserved their seed.

katss07
December 3rd, 2017, 03:04 PM
No way the Kats lose to KSU. From what I see and hear, they are too one dimensional. JB will set all kinds of records if the KSU defense covers like they did aginst the Gamecocks. Horn just couldn’t hit anything. Briscoe isn’t Horn. They can control the clock all they want, but if the Kats jump out to an early lead (don’t they always?) then KSU will be killing them selves. Our O-Line will control the line. PJ Hall will have a great day, and the Kats will win by a few scores.

TennBison
December 3rd, 2017, 03:05 PM
Actually, the haters have been right for the last 6 years. 2011-2012 your posters were all about how you were going to blow out NDSU (didn't happen). And every year since then against others teams and one more with NDSU. So since 2011 if I am correct............the score is Haters 6 - SHSU fans 0.

katss07
December 3rd, 2017, 03:05 PM

What? Dude, we are in the quarterfinals. Every team that is here deserves to be here. The Kats could have handled UNH, Weber and KSU. No way they should have been playing in round one.

katss07
December 3rd, 2017, 03:07 PM
Actually, the haters have been right for the last 6 years. 2011-2012 your posters were all about how you were going to blow out NDSU (didn't happen). And every year since then against others teams and one more with NDSU. So since 2011 if I am correct............the score is Haters 6 - SHSU fans 0.
Wrong. More like SHSU fans 15-Haters 6. We are picked to lose Every. Damn. Playoff Game...and it never happens until we run into JMU or NDSU.

Sammy94
December 3rd, 2017, 03:11 PM

Exactly if we don’t win a NC the haters will always be right eventually.... thanks for re-stating that fact.

TennBison
December 3rd, 2017, 03:13 PM
Yet how many seeded teams are left? I think the result show that they deserved their seed.
Maybe one of these years you will be correct, not this year. You managed to stink your way to a win over a one dimensional offense with a banged up QB. And a defense that can't stop anyone. And now you're facing a 3rd year team. Put it this way, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

TennBison
December 3rd, 2017, 03:14 PM
Wrong. More like SHSU fans 15-Haters 6. We are picked to lose Every. Damn. Playoff Game...and it never happens until we run into JMU or NDSU.
What about JSU?

Sammy94
December 3rd, 2017, 03:15 PM
Maybe one of these years you will be correct, not this year. You managed to stink your way to a win over a one dimensional offense with a banged up QB. And a defense that can't stop anyone. And now you're facing a 3rd year team. Put it this way, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Now there is a different story from last week for you..

Sammy94
December 3rd, 2017, 03:20 PM
What about JSU?

Depends on what year. That post season record stands at 1-1

ElCid
December 3rd, 2017, 03:27 PM
No way the Kats lose to KSU. From what I see and hear, they are too one dimensional. JB will set all kinds of records if the KSU defense covers like they did aginst the Gamecocks. Horn just couldn’t hit anything. Briscoe isn’t Horn. They can control the clock all they want, but if the Kats jump out to an early lead (don’t they always?) then KSU will be killing them selves. Our O-Line will control the line. PJ Hall will have a great day, and the Kats will win by a few scores.

Being one dimensionable doesn't matter if you can't stop them. And from I have seen, you have a tiny problem on defense. Great offense, no argument. But if can't stop them And they hang onto the ball for 35-40 minutes, you ain't going to score as much. Not saying that will definitely happen, but it could. I am still undecided. SHSU has the experience and offensive firepower. KSU is hot though. SHSU has one of the worst defenses. JSU has one of the best defenses. Their competition was not totally dissimilar. JSU gave up 339 yards yesterday. I think you will be hard pressed to stop them. Maybe not. But the numbers say yes.

TennBison
December 3rd, 2017, 03:30 PM
Now there is a different story from last week for you..
No it isn't, get your stories straight.

Reign of Terrier
December 3rd, 2017, 03:31 PM
The only comparable offense SHSU has faced is Southeast Louisiana and that was one of the few non-Socon games I watched this year. It wasn't fantastic for them defensively.

Sammy94
December 3rd, 2017, 03:33 PM
Being one dimensionable doesn't matter if you can't stop them. And from I have seen, you have a tiny problem on defense. Great offense, no argument. But if can't stop them And they hang onto the ball for 35-40 minutes, you ain't going to score as much. Not saying that will definitely happen, but it could. I am still undecided. SHSU has the experience and offensive firepower. KSU is hot though. SHSU has one of the worst defenses. JSU has one of the best defenses. Their competition was not totally dissimilar. JSU gave up 339 yards yesterday. I think you will be hard pressed to stop them. Maybe not. But the numbers say yes.

Chatty had one of the best defenses last year. Just saying.

ElCid
December 3rd, 2017, 03:39 PM
Chatty had one of the best defenses last year. Just saying.

And how does that matter in your ability at stopping KSU.

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2017, 03:40 PM

We seem to be right every season in the playoffs until we run in to the potential natty winner. You can poo poo us all you want but only NDSU has won more playoff games in the past 7 years than us... Them's just the facts, boy.

katss07
December 3rd, 2017, 03:42 PM
We may not stop them, but we will score enough. USD is a much tougher offense, and team, than Kennesaw IMO. Taking nothing away from the Owls and what they have accomplished, but USD scores more than Kennesaw. We were able to stop USD enough to win. If we go up 14-0 or 10-0 in the first, KSU could be in deep trouble. History says the Kats will score early. Even the best of defenses can’t stop our first quarter onslaught. But we play the games for a reason...should be a fun one on Saturday night. Prime time football at Bowers! I love it.

Sammy94
December 3rd, 2017, 03:44 PM
And how does that matter in your ability at stopping KSU.

Look at the teams they play that makes them one of the best defenses. Kinda suspect. I am not saying we will stop KSU, I am saying we will score more than they do.

Bison56
December 3rd, 2017, 03:46 PM
We may not stop them, but we will score enough. USD is a much tougher offense, and team, than Kennesaw IMO. Taking nothing away from the Owls and what they have accomplished, but USD scores more than Kennesaw. We were able to stop USD enough to win. If we go up 14-0 or 10-0 in the first, KSU could be in deep trouble. History says the Kats will score early. Even the best of defenses can’t stop our first quarter onslaught. But we play the games for a reason...should be a fun one on Saturday night. Prime time football at Bowers! I love it.
xpopcornx

ElCid
December 3rd, 2017, 03:51 PM
Look at the teams they play that makes them one of the best defenses. Kinda suspect. I am not saying we will stop KSU, I am saying we will score more than they do.

Well I was talking about JSU's defense and their inability to stop KSU. If they had problems, you are going to flounder.

jmu007
December 3rd, 2017, 03:54 PM
I picked SHSU to win this one. Now you can't say JMU fans never give you guys any credit. haha

TennBison
December 3rd, 2017, 03:55 PM
No your not, get your facts straight. Just because some yahoo from USD(South Dakota), or whatever 1st-2nd round playoff game team you played in the past, picks their team is a stupid example for you to go by. If that was the case, San Diego was picked to beat NDSU yesterday Because some fan of theirs said so. Just because posters from this site cheer for one team to beat another does not mean they actually would put money on it.
My remarks are geared towards the yahoos for your team who think every year that SHSU is gods gift to football. How your teams 10-1 (or whatever it is that year) is an accurate reflection of how good your team actually is. You had one year where it was probably close/accurate, 2011. All this while your team has fallen short of even their own predictions. Your fans use quotes in the past: You can't match our speed, We have the best scoring offense and you can't stop us, We are rated #1, No one can stop our hybrid triple option spread em wide southwest coast high speed power run offense, or whatever else you throw out there to talk up your team who has always been the bridesmaid and never the bride, but usually is only in the wedding party as a stand in. Feel free to call us up when your team actually wins a worthy game that they trash talk and back up.

katss07
December 3rd, 2017, 03:56 PM
Well I was talking about JSU's defense and their inability to stop KSU. If they had problems, you are going to flounder.
I would consider giving up a few TDs on a short field and plus a field goal “stopping them”. SHSU’s offense is unlike anything the Owls have seen yet. They will meed to score 40+ to win.

ElCid
December 3rd, 2017, 03:58 PM
I picked SHSU to win this one. Now you can't say JMU fans never give you guys any credit. haha

Oh I think so as well but it may be uncomfortably close for the boys from Texas. It could always happen, but I don't believe a blowout will happen. 3-14 point win at best. Turnovers by SHSU will doom them.

ElCid
December 3rd, 2017, 04:01 PM
I would consider giving up a few TDs on a short field and plus a field goal “stopping them”. SHSU’s offense is unlike anything the Owls have seen yet. They will meed to score 40+ to win.

If you can't stop them, you will never have the ball long enough to score 40. That is my point. Its what option teams do. Doesn't always work, but it mostly does. Plus they have a pretty darn good turnover margin. You turn it over, you are screwed.

Prime Power
December 3rd, 2017, 04:03 PM
SHSU by a lot.

TennBison
December 3rd, 2017, 04:03 PM
We seem to be right every season in the playoffs until we run in to the potential natty winner. You can poo poo us all you want but only NDSU has won more playoff games in the past 7 years than us... Them's just the facts, boy.
Well that is good then. With NDSU being in your side of the bracket, and your excuse for not winning, that means either NDSU, KSU, or Wofford is going to win the championship.

katss07
December 3rd, 2017, 04:06 PM
No doubt this will be a close one. I think the Kats will win, but I would be shocked if they won by more than a couple of scores.

Sammy94
December 3rd, 2017, 04:28 PM

I have no doubt about us floundering on defense. Unlike JSU we have a somewhat of an offense that not many can stop.

ElCid
December 3rd, 2017, 04:55 PM

Maybe? By far SHSU has a very potent O (558 YPG, 373 passing, and 185 rushing). So not a bad balance and obviously number 1 in FCS. But the Southland is not exactly a domain of defense. Easy to run up numbers there...or against a bad defensive team like SD. Samford's offensive output and quick strike passing attack were not entirely dissimilar although they had issues running (333 passing and 80 rushing) for 413 YPG or 145 YPG less than SHSU, although the passing numbers were not as far off (only 40 YPG less). But Samfords running issue was mainly due to the SOCON having some of the better run defenses in the country. So while they were not as potent on O as SHSU, KSU has seen a fast tempo relentless passing attack (Samford has a huge number of sub 2 minute scoring drives...unfortunately a bunch were against us). And KSU played them twice this year. So while they haven't seen anything exactly like SHSU, KSU has still seen a pretty good O. I wouldn't bet too much on overawing them.

Like I already said, I think SHSU takes this, but they probably will not rack up 500 yards. They will probably score in the 31-42 range at best. KSU will score in the 28-38 range mainly due to SHSU somewhat poor defense (which for the record is 107/123 in FCS and gives up 436 YPG, 166 rush and 270 passing). That's 4.3 per rush and is about 7 YPA passing and 13 yards per completion. KSU averages 17 yards per completion and 6.7 per rush.

Just FYI and merely data points. Massey has KSU winning by a point. Sagarin has KSU winning by 2. But they also both had Furman winning and SD beating you, so......

Nickels
December 3rd, 2017, 04:58 PM
Considering the strengths and weaknesses of the D, I think they'll do fine against the option.

TennBison
December 3rd, 2017, 06:27 PM
This needs a bump, because it is just that got bamn funny.

Serpentor
December 3rd, 2017, 07:15 PM
This needs a bump, because it is just that got bamn funny.

It really doesn't. Surprised you didn't create a sock puppet account to say so, though.

katss07
December 3rd, 2017, 07:20 PM
Well **** fellow Bearkats. Sagarin has us losing again. Damn. Lets just pack it in.

TennBison
December 3rd, 2017, 07:32 PM
It really doesn't. Surprised you didn't create a sock puppet account to say so, though.
Oh come on now, that is at least a little funny, even if you are a SHSU fan.

Serpentor
December 3rd, 2017, 07:37 PM
Well **** fellow Bearkats. Sagarin has us losing again. Damn. Lets just pack it in.

Brainy Smurf: "You all heard what Papa Smurf said! Papa Smurf is always right! We should all do what Papa..."

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2017, 07:59 PM
This game reminds me of the tortoise and the hare fable

SU DOG
December 3rd, 2017, 08:00 PM
You can point to stats that show KSU is one dimensional I suppose, but they can throw it very accurately when they need to. Fact is they normally just don't have to pass. Also, they are small and you think "just run right over them up the middle." That idea doesn't work too well either. I posted before the JSU game that the Gamecocks better not take this team lightly - they are for real. I'm sure that SHSU will have a better offensive attack than JSU showed, but I also think that KSU will run up huge yardage against the Kats. You CANNOT duplicate their TO in practice, and when you see it you still wonder how they are doing it. Be prepared for a fight.

Sammy94
December 3rd, 2017, 08:20 PM

No different then AGS every week of the playoffs. Good thing those things really don’t matter come kickoff.

katss07
December 3rd, 2017, 08:33 PM
No different then AGS every week of the playoffs. Good thing those things really don’t matter come kickoff.
When do they matter period??

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2017, 08:34 PM
Kennesaw plays defense and I'm going with them in this one.

katss07
December 3rd, 2017, 08:37 PM
Kennesaw plays defense and I'm going with them in this one.
Defense that gave up 34 to North Greenville (??). They won’t be able to handle JB.

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2017, 08:41 PM

Except when the final score says:

39-13
35-3
62-10
65-7

Sammy94
December 3rd, 2017, 08:45 PM

39-13
35-3
62-10
65-7

Past years results matter even less. But I did hit a nice chunk of change betting the over on Sat so past games do matter to my poketbook. I wasn’t to terribly upset with our lack of defense.

katss07
December 3rd, 2017, 08:46 PM

39-13
35-3
62-10
65-7

No, they still don’t matter then. And why did you leave SELA’s win over us off the list. Quality loss??

Sammy94
December 3rd, 2017, 08:49 PM
No, they still don’t matter then. And why did you leave SELA’s win over us off the list. Quality loss??

Quality loss. I love that term. Its like a participation trophy. Get ready for the runner up t-shirt posts.....in 3,2,1

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2017, 08:51 PM
Defense that gave up 34 to North Greenville (??). They won’t be able to handle JB.

We'll see.

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2017, 08:55 PM

I figured a 2nd round exit was embarrassing enough, but if you want to add insult to injury, you are more than welcome.

Outsider1
December 3rd, 2017, 09:09 PM
Sorry SHSU, I'm picking Kennesaw on this one. I honestly think it can go either way and I hope you guys win it. I am just not seeing the decisive changes that would take you further. I am seeing the same things we had trouble with in our DII playoff runs. DI or DII doesn't matter, football is football. If a team doesn't have a potent enough defense, they will never finish out in playoffs. Take it from a team that won a game 93-68 and then lost the next weekend, or finally got outscored in Chadron. SHSU has played a lot of playoff games for sure and deserves to be here. Kennesaw has shown they deserve to as well. Next week should be interesting.

katss07
December 3rd, 2017, 09:21 PM
Sorry SHSU, I'm picking Kennesaw on this one. I honestly think it can go either way and I hope you guys win it. I am just not seeing the decisive changes that would take you further. I am seeing the same things we had trouble with in our DII playoff runs. DI or DII doesn't matter, football is football. If a team doesn't have a potent enough defense, they will never finish out in playoffs. Take it from a team that won a game 93-68 and then lost the next weekend, or finally got outscored in Chadron. SHSU has played a lot of playoff games for sure and deserves to be here. Kennesaw has shown they deserve to as well. Next week should be interesting.
It will be very interesting. Kennesaw State deserves to be here as much as anyone, but I think you bring up a very important point. Out of 123 FCS team, Kennesaw was nearly dead last at 120 in passing offense. They don’t have a throwing ability. We have played multiple teams this year that are good running offensive teams. Nicholls, Southeastern. We held both of those teams to 17 and 23 respectively. Our passing defense has been suspect, and for that reason I don’t think we have the ability to get to Frisco. But I think because we can stop the run and KSU is as run heavy as it gets, we will win.

Kennesaw State’s defense is pretty darn good. Second best defensive unit we have faced arguably. That would be behind UCA. Turnovers doomed us on the stripes against UCA, because we racked up nearly 500 total yards. We were able to pick apart the Richmond defense, which IMO is comparable to Kennesaw. KSU allowed 21 points to Monmouth. I don’t know how Monmouth of all teams was considered to be a top 24 FCS team, becuase they had trouble scoring against UNI. Also, KSU gave up a good chunk of points to a lower divison opponent.

underdawg
December 3rd, 2017, 09:39 PM
It's how you're playing now that counts--KSU had tons of tacklers around the ball almost every play last Saturday

Outsider1
December 3rd, 2017, 09:40 PM
It will be very interesting. Kennesaw State deserves to be here as much as anyone, but I think you bring up a very important point. Out of 123 FCS team, Kennesaw was nearly dead last at 120 in passing offense. They don’t have a throwing ability. We have played multiple teams this year that are good running offensive teams. Nicholls, Southeastern. We held both of those teams to 17 and 23 respectively. Our passing defense has been suspect, and for that reason I don’t think we have the ability to get to Frisco. But I think because we can stop the run and KSU is as run heavy as it gets, we will win.

Kennesaw State’s defense is pretty darn good. Second best defensive unit we have faced arguably. That would be behind UCA. Turnovers doomed us on the stripes against UCA, because we racked up nearly 500 total yards. We were able to pick apart the Richmond defense, which IMO is comparable to Kennesaw. KSU allowed 21 points to Monmouth. I don’t know how Monmouth of all teams was considered to be a top 24 FCS team, becuase they had trouble scoring against UNI. Also, KSU gave up a good chunk of points to a lower divison opponent.

You guys definitely have the offensive weapons to win. I honestly haven't researched Kennesaw enough yet, but they seem to be on fire and passionate now with a good run offense and pretty decent defense. I just see that as a dangerous combo. I would love to see you guys take the SLC all the way!

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2017, 09:43 PM
The Kennesaw QB has some moxy, smart player with some skills based on the 10 minutes I saw him vs Monmouth, Sammy should be much more nervous about this team than South Dakota....

ElCid
December 3rd, 2017, 09:45 PM

You are still fascinated with the fact that they don't pass much. SO WHAT. They didn't need to in order to win. But their yards per completion is much higher than SHSU. They have a throwing ability, they don't use it much. Know why? They don't need it. You guys obviously haven't seen an offensive like this before. Nobody you have played comes anywhere close to their running ability. I am not sure you understand that. I am sure your coaches do though.

TennBison
December 3rd, 2017, 10:00 PM
I laugh at the people who say KSU has not seen anything like our (SHSU) offense before. Guess what, you have not seen an offense like the one at KSU either. So I guess you SHSU fans are back to square one. SHSU passes more, and KSU runs more. KSU on paper has a better defense, but who knows if that will hold up against SHSU in a game. There is no direct comparison between these two teams that I know of. Right off the top of my head I am thinking SHSU should win this because of KSU being a young program. But KSU did win their first ever appearance in a playoff game, so maybe any nerves they had will be shaken off and they go into the game loose. I'm gonna wait a few days to look into KSU more before I predict a winner.

ElCid
December 3rd, 2017, 10:14 PM
I laugh at the people who say KSU has not seen anything like our (SHSU) offense before. Guess what, you have not seen an offense like the one at KSU either. So I guess you SHSU fans are back to square one. SHSU passes more, and KSU runs more. KSU on paper has a better defense, but who knows if that will hold up against SHSU in a game. There is no direct comparison between these two teams that I know of. Right off the top of my head I am thinking SHSU should win this because of KSU being a young program. But KSU did win their first ever appearance in a playoff game, so maybe any nerves they had will be shaken off and they go into the game loose. I'm gonna wait a few days to look into KSU more before I predict a winner.

That about sums up my position. I still think SHSU wins due to experience. Not sure if the KSU coaches can keep their players heads straight. If they can and KSU shows some poise, then it will be close. If the SHSU players go in thinking it will be a push over, they will join Samford and JSU in the dust bin of the 2017 season. Their experience should prevent that, but you never know.

katss07
December 4th, 2017, 06:55 AM
That is kind of my thoughts too. SHSU’s experience and high powered offense will prevail. People continue to knock the Bearkats defensive unit, and rightfully so. But our passing defense is the real issue. Can KSU pass? Sure! Can they do it well? No. Our front 7 was able to dictate what Strevler and a much more high powered offense was able to do. SHSU has the ability to score quickly. Kennesaw has an average defense. Horn had plenty of options this weekend, he just can’t throw. Our 5 back system can hurt KSU. Our O-Line controlled the USD game. If they can do that again, stop KSU’s triple option once every three or four drives, and not use up clock then it will be a Kats win. Fast start will also be key to a Sam win.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2017, 07:07 AM
Keeper saw the TO several times while at Delaware, beat Navy twice and dominated Georgia Southren in 2010 semi final, Wofford in 2003 semi so not only familiar but has had success defending it

the problem is having to defend it with the defense he has now

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 07:11 AM
Blah blah blah. 41-10 at half and went to a soft zone on D,. and Ran for the first two downs on offense while trying to bleed clock losing our tempo in the second half, We should have stayed in what worked the first half and we could have hung 80. All i know is SD is at home and SHSU is in the quarters nce again 5 out of the past 7 years. Go home.

ElCid
December 4th, 2017, 07:11 AM
Keeper saw the TO several times while at Delaware, beat Navy twice and dominated Georgia Southren in 2010 semi final, Wofford in 2003 semi so not only familiar but has had success defending it

the problem is having to defend it with the defense he has now

They have a tackling issue.....in that they don't.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 07:13 AM
We have played triple option teams in the past. Playoffs and Conference. Nicholls was a TO team for over 15 years. One dimensional teams do not do well against us. We will stack the box and this game could be ugly as was SD at halftime. Just hope the coaches dont go soft and play prevent zone....

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 07:19 AM
OVC was soft and JSU showed that. If SHSU hangs 55 on them what will the sentiment be. If you trolls dont want to talk football go somewhere else. Your all at home while our team is once again winning playoff games.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 07:24 AM
How about a wager loud mouth. Straight pick em $100? Want to take it? if not shut your pie hole.

No your not, get your facts straight. Just because some yahoo from USD(South Dakota), or whatever 1st-2nd round playoff game team you played in the past, picks their team is a stupid example for you to go by. If that was the case, San Diego was picked to beat NDSU yesterday Because some fan of theirs said so. Just because posters from this site cheer for one team to beat another does not mean they actually would put money on it.
My remarks are geared towards the yahoos for your team who think every year that SHSU is gods gift to football. How your teams 10-1 (or whatever it is that year) is an accurate reflection of how good your team actually is. You had one year where it was probably close/accurate, 2011. All this while your team has fallen short of even their own predictions. Your fans use quotes in the past: You can't match our speed, We have the best scoring offense and you can't stop us, We are rated #1, No one can stop our hybrid triple option spread em wide southwest coast high speed power run offense, or whatever else you throw out there to talk up your team who has always been the bridesmaid and never the bride, but usually is only in the wedding party as a stand in. Feel free to call us up when your team actually wins a worthy game that they trash talk and back up.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2017, 07:30 AM
OVC was soft and JSU showed that. If SHSU hangs 55 on them what will the sentiment be. If you trolls dont want to talk football go somewhere else. Your all at home while our team is once again winning playoff games.

SHSU has the 107th ranked defense and when they finally face a good defense they will wilt like a flower after a hard freeze. Is KSU that team? Maybe. But both NDSU and Wofford have very good defenses and both of them will have no problem with SHSU.

I hope NDSU gets Sammy in the semis because it will be hilarious watching that defense get carved up by the Bison running game. If it is Wofford then equally hilarious...xlolx

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 07:34 AM
I also love how NDSU gets totally dominated last year b y JMU and were never really in the game. Because of their style of play they will never get blown out. At the end of the day its about winning the Natty. Only one team does it. In the past decade we have more playoff wins than ANYONE IN FCS aside from NDSU, so please stop. Who cares how you lose. you lose. Our playoff runs include wins against EWU, Montana, Montana St, Stony Brook, JSU, Cal Poly(option), SUU, Villanova, Colgate, Chatty. Many of those teams more than once and not including the teams from our conference we have beaten. Get over it. SHSU posters lets just not respond to these trolls and let them die with no attention.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 07:35 AM
Could happen. We didnt get "carved up" on the ground. WE went to a soft zone, after holding the MVFC "most prolific offense" to 10 points in the first half. No doubt we looked bad in the second half but two of those touchdowns were served up to them with highly questionable PI calls.

SHSU has the 107th ranked defense and when they finally face a good defense they will wilt like a flower after a hard freeze. Is KSU that team? Maybe. But both NDSU and Wofford have very good defenses and both of them will have no problem with SHSU.

I hope NDSU gets Sammy in the semis because it will be hilarious watching that defense get carved up by the Bison running game. If it is Wofford then equally hilarious...xlolx

bluehenbillk
December 4th, 2017, 08:01 AM
Two things

Sam Houston has never lost a home playoff game I heard on Saturday.

Keeler has a lot of experience facing option offenses - he played against Navy frequently with Delaware & they had good success against it.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 08:04 AM
An objective poster with clear eyed analysis, and not blind SHSU hate. A beer you deserve sir lol.

Two things

Sam Houston has never lost a home playoff game I heard on Saturday.

Keeler has a lot of experience facing option offenses - he played against Navy frequently with Delaware & they had good success against it.

Htownbearkat
December 4th, 2017, 08:15 AM
Bison fans all up in a SHSU playoff game thread. Must be December.
Bearkats 42- Owls 21

Serpentor
December 4th, 2017, 08:16 AM

I would love to face NDSU, it will be fun watching P.J. break your little Stick on your home field.

katss07
December 4th, 2017, 08:18 AM

I don’t think NDSU will have no problem with SHSU. Sam stinks at defending the pass. We are fine at run stopping. Pass D drags us down. And what does KAU not do much of? Pass!

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 08:21 AM
We give up 165 yards per game on the ground. If thats all we give up this is a blowout. If we hold to under 275 I think it gets ugly for KSU.

I don’t think NDSU will have no problem with SHSU. Sam stinks at defending the pass. We are fine at run stopping. Pass D drags us down. And what does KAU not do much of? Pass!

eneq
December 4th, 2017, 08:23 AM
We have played triple option teams in the past. Playoffs and Conference. Nicholls was a TO team for over 15 years. One dimensional teams do not do well against us. We will stack the box and this game could be ugly as was SD at halftime. Just hope the coaches dont go soft and play prevent zone....

I've been lurking for a while, but had to join just to respond to this post. If a team loads the box against the TO, they'll get destroyed on the perimeter, and KSU will run mesh options, and pitch plays all day. Once SHSU spreads out to stop the edge runs, the middle opens up. It's a vicious cycle. The reason the TO is so hard to stop is because EVERY defender has to play assignment football and tackle well. Frequently, defenders get out of position, bite on fakes, and get caught watching the wrong player. The best way to stop the TO is to take away the dive by having the LBs play smart football and plugging the holes at the LOS.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2017, 08:25 AM
We give up 165 yards per game on the ground. If thats all we give up this is a blowout. If we hold to under 275 I think it gets ugly for KSU.

defending Southland run game a lot different than defending the Triple option though

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Agreed, we have faced the TO every year until 2 years ago when Nicholls went to a spread. All of the teams that have run the TO in playoffs we have done well with. I think KSU is a dang good team and hope we play well. My question will be is can their D keep up with our O at home which has been spectacular. Should be fun either way as Quarterfinal football usually is.

defending Southland run game a lot different than defending the Triple option though

Daytripper
December 4th, 2017, 08:52 AM
One of the main reasons our defensive stats are so bad is that the defense is on the field for more than half the game, without fail. Our offense scores so quickly that the opponent's offense gets way more possessions than in an average game. I'm not saying that our defense isn't bad, I'm just pointing out that our defense is on the field a lot.

Bear84
December 4th, 2017, 09:06 AM
I've seen good defenses that don't face option teams all season, totally fail to figure out how to defend option teams with only a week of preparation. Having watched KSU a couple of times, I was impressed at how versatile their "one dimensional" offense was. They can burn you on long passes, and they do a good job of exploiting a team's weaknesses. I really don't think KSU will need to pass much, and their D seems to be getting much better every game, against both good running teams and passing teams. If SHSU wins, it will be by a narrow margin in a high scoring, sloppy game, but I think it is more likely that KSU runs away with this one....

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 09:10 AM
What happened against NH? I didnt get to watch as it was same time as ours? Seems like y'all must have laid an egg?

I've seen good defenses that don't face option teams all season, totally fail to figure out how to defend option teams with only a week of preparation. Having watched KSU a couple of times, I was impressed at how versatile their "one dimensional" offense was. They can burn you on long passes, and they do a good job of exploiting a team's weaknesses. I really don't think KSU will need to pass much, and their D seems to be getting much better every game, against both good running teams and passing teams. If SHSU wins, it will be by a narrow margin in a high scoring, sloppy game, but I think it is more likely that KSU runs away with this one....

Bison56
December 4th, 2017, 09:17 AM
I'm thinking that KSU will have some long time consuming drives that will keep SHSU offense on the sidelines which will help keep the game close.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 09:19 AM
I think your right. The question will be will it be enough. This is an interesting matchup. Should have a good crowd in Huntsville for this one. All the students are getting free admission and with finals week upon the campus they may even attend!

I'm thinking that KSU will have some long time consuming drives that will keep SHSU offense on the sidelines which will help keep the game close.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Agreed, we have faced the TO every year until 2 years ago when Nicholls went to a spread. All of the teams that have run the TO in playoffs we have done well with. I think KSU is a dang good team and hope we play well. My question will be is can their D keep up with our O at home which has been spectacular. Should be fun either way as Quarterfinal football usually is.

it's a very interesting match up, all most fable like.... Tortoise vs Hare comes to mind..... Sammy would be the Hare, flashy brash Coach that wears only designer sun glasses, high powered offense with southern speed no less, a passing attack that is fun to watch, so good and cocky that they toy with the the opposition and often fall asleep during games, spends all his money on designer clothes kind of like the Hare

The Tortoise would be Wofford, steadily plodding along, very consistent and steadfast in what they do, never brash or cocky, eye's in the boat, there leader is 150 years old and this matches up with the Wofford coach, but he has amassed an incredible amount of knowledge over the centuries, the tortoise is a
$ cost averaging investor and is rich, if only this tortoise was deaf and for all I know they might be...

would be a great contest but Sammy ain't playing Wofford just yet .... but Kennesaw kind of works for the fable except for the Coach part

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 09:23 AM
Hence why I miss Fritz, Keeler brought his Yankee brash talk and homo attire. Not a fan.

it's a very interesting match up, all most fable like.... Tortoise vs Hare comes to mind..... Sammy would be the Hare, flashy brash Coach that wears only designer sun glasses, high powered offense with southern speed no less, a passing attack that is fun to watch, so good and cocky that they toy with the the opposition and often fall asleep during games, spends all his money on designer clothes kind of like the Hare

The Tortoise would be Wofford, steadily plodding along, very consistent and steadfast in what they do, never brash or cocky, eye's in the boat, there leader is 150 years old and this matches up with the Wofford coach, but he has amassed an incredible amount of knowledge over the centuries, the tortoise is a
$ cost averaging investor and is rich, if only this tortoise was deaf and for all I know they might be...

would be a great contest but Sammy ain't playing Wofford just yet .... but Kennesaw kind of works for the fable except for the Coach part

ksu_owls
December 4th, 2017, 09:32 AM
First off, congrats to SHSU on making it to the QFs. As a fan of a 3rd year program, I'm on a quest to find out how good we are. It's difficult! I think a lot of people would agree, KSU has been impressive so far; however, our biggest wins are against a team that beat us week 1 and JSU, which honestly did not play to the level they are capable. (Also, we did have a come from behind victory over Montana St, which was huge for us in MT.) I think SHSU has an incredible offense that even our really good defense will have trouble stopping at times. I think the same exact thing about the KSU offense. My one critic of this thread is that SHSU fans seem to think the only way to be good at football is to throw the ball. Both teams have powerful offenses, so powerful that they each lead the league in their respective categories. When you think about it, it's somewhat interesting that people are calling an offense called the "triple option" one dimensional.

I think the Owls will be up against the hottest team we've faced all year. I love that we lead the league in interceptions, but we have not faced a QB like yours and I don't anticipate him making many (if any) mistakes. Because I've seen us improve each week and we have yet to flinch, I'm taking the Owls, 42-38. The basis for my prediction is TOP and the fact that you guys are really underestimating our run game.

Either way, this is going to be fun! Here's to a healthy game for both sides!

Birdman_
December 4th, 2017, 09:38 AM
This confidence amongst SHST fans is otherworldly. JB and the receivers are extremely talented, so there’s certainly a ton of respect regarding the Kats offense. I have no clue how we’ll fare against the air raid, and I’d imagine we’ll give up quite a few more yards than usual, however we tend to create a lot of turnovers, so that, along with a significant edge in TOP, could really help us in this game. I haven’t done a whole lot of research yet, but it looks like the Kats are good for around 2 turnovers a game regardless of the opponent - sometimes more.

On offense, managing the clock will be important to limit SHST possessions, however it’s a totally different story if the Kats get an early lead (as many of you had suggested). We’re not necessarily the typical option offense that grinds out yards and always eats up the clock. We’re pretty creative with the ball, and have put up points very quickly in many games this year.

SHST might be the best team we’ve faced this year, so this will be an incredible challenge for us, and should be a great game to watch. Being such a young team, it’s impossible to say how we’ll perform against anyone with any level of certainty. With that said, we have gotten better every week, so I think we have a real shot. I’m excited to see how the two teams match up on Saturday.

Daytripper
December 4th, 2017, 09:41 AM
This confidence amongst SHST fans is otherworldly. JB and the receivers are extremely talented, so there’s certainly a ton of respect regarding the Kats offense. I have no clue how we’ll fare against the air raid, and I’d imagine we’ll give up quite a few more yards than usual, however we tend to create a lot of turnovers, so that, along with a significant edge in TOP, could really help us in this game. I haven’t done a whole lot of research yet, but it looks like the Kats are good for around 2 turnovers a game regardless of the opponent - sometimes more.

On offense, managing the clock will be important to limit SHST possessions, however it’s a totally different story if the Kats get an early lead (as many of you had suggested). We’re not necessarily the typical option offense that grinds out yards and always eats up the clock. We’re pretty creative with the ball, and have put up points very quickly in many games this year.

SHST might be the best team we’ve faced this year, so this will be an incredible challenge for us, and should be a great game to watch. Being such a young team, it’s impossible to say how we’ll perform against anyone with any level of certainty. With that said, we have gotten better every week, so I think we have a real shot. I’m excited to see how the two teams match up on Saturday.

Looking forward to a good, clean, well-officiated​ game....

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Where are the officials from?

Looking forward to a good, clean, well-officiated​ game....

Daytripper
December 4th, 2017, 09:45 AM

I have no idea...

Sammy94
December 4th, 2017, 09:48 AM

I will let you know Friday

IBleedYellow
December 4th, 2017, 09:51 AM
One of the main reasons our defensive stats are so bad is that the defense is on the field for more than half the game, without fail. Our offense scores so quickly that the opponent's offense gets way more possessions than in an average game. I'm not saying that our defense isn't bad, I'm just pointing out that our defense is on the field a lot.

That won't bode well for you against a TO team if they start grinding the sticks for 1st downs consistently and get points on those drives. Will put lots of pressure on your O to not go 3 and out even once.

Daytripper
December 4th, 2017, 09:55 AM
That won't bode well for you against a TO team if they start grinding the sticks for 1st downs consistently and get points on those drives. Will put lots of pressure on your O to not go 3 and out even once.

Oh, I agree. That' why this game worries me much more than the USD game. We will need to sustain drives to give our defense a break.

WestCoastAggie
December 4th, 2017, 10:05 AM
Someone is gonna get boat raced in this game and it may not be who you’re thinking either. 🤔

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Kennesaw opens as a 2 point favorite on 5dimes.

beerkat
December 4th, 2017, 10:29 AM
I'm not worried about the Kats defense giving up long sustained touchdown drives to Kennesaw all day long. The bigger concern for me is when the Kats defense implodes it does so by giving up the big play for huge chunks of yards. Does Kennesaw have the ability to do that consistently? I think Kennesaw will get plenty of yardage on the ground but the key for them will be converting on their passing opportunities.

Also it seems like the SHSU offense this year has one turnover every game that always seems to give the opponent a short field. If they do that multiple times against Kennesaw they will get beat. Option teams don't turn it over much unless you get them out of their comfort zone by forcing them into obvious pass situations so if the Kats want to force turnovers the defense is going to have to keep Kennesaw behind on down and distance. If Kennesaw wants to force turnovers against the Kats they will have to get pressure on Briscoe. Can the Kennesaw defense cover the SHSU receivers long enough for them to get to Briscoe?

All in all I think this game will come down to if one team can get out to a fast start over the other and force them to play out of their comfort zone, and then turnovers. Kats get out to a fast start they will win 48 to 24, Kennesaw gets out to a fast start they will win 38 to 31.

TheKingpin28
December 4th, 2017, 10:31 AM
Blah blah blah. 41-10 at half and went to a soft zone on D,. and Ran for the first two downs on offense while trying to bleed clock losing our tempo in the second half, We should have stayed in what worked the first half and we could have hung 80. All i know is SD is at home and SHSU is in the quarters nce again 5 out of the past 7 years. Go home.

I understand SHSU fans need something to look forward to, but beating the #6 team in the Valley, and not soundly looks bad. Sure, at the end of the day, a win is a win, but once again, SHSU will be blown out of the water by equal competition. The whole "woe is me" argument suits your fanbase quite well.

Birdman_
December 4th, 2017, 10:58 AM
I'm not worried about the Kats defense giving up long sustained touchdown drives to Kennesaw all day long. The bigger concern for me is when the Kats defense implodes it does so by giving up the big play for huge chunks of yards. Does Kennesaw have the ability to do that consistently? I think Kennesaw will get plenty of yardage on the ground but the key for them will be converting on their passing opportunities.

Also it seems like the SHSU offense this year has one turnover every game that always seems to give the opponent a short field. If they do that multiple times against Kennesaw they will get beat. Option teams don't turn it over much unless you get them out of their comfort zone by forcing them into obvious pass situations so if the Kats want to force turnovers the defense is going to have to keep Kennesaw behind on down and distance. If Kennesaw wants to force turnovers against the Kats they will have to get pressure on Briscoe. Can the Kennesaw defense cover the SHSU receivers long enough for them to get to Briscoe?

All in all I think this game will come down to if one team can get out to a fast start over the other and force them to play out of their comfort zone, and then turnovers. Kats get out to a fast start they will win 48 to 24, Kennesaw gets out to a fast start they will win 38 to 31.

Our concerns are similar - we know we’ll give up yards at what each offense does best, but are worried about the big plays. To answer your question, KSU can definitely break out 30+ yard runs over the course of a game, but when the team is rolling on offense, they’ll typically move the chains with several 10-15 yard runs and move down the field quickly. We’ll also mix in occasional deep passes which have been relatively successful throughout the year.

I haven’t watched any clips of SHST yet to know how much time JB typically has to find a receiver, but I’d imagine that will be our biggest challenge. Our defense is very fast, and we have found success against the good WRs we’ve played so far, however the Kats seem to have so many that it’ll certainly be a challenge.

beerkat
December 4th, 2017, 11:11 AM
Our concerns are similar - we know we’ll give up yards at what each offense does best, but are worried about the big plays. To answer your question, KSU can definitely break out 30+ yard runs over the course of a game, but when the team is rolling on offense, they’ll typically move the chains with several 10-15 yard runs and move down the field quickly. We’ll also mix in occasional deep passes which have been relatively successful throughout the year.

I haven’t watched any clips of SHST yet to know how much time JB typically has to find a receiver, but I’d imagine that will be our biggest challenge. Our defense is very fast, and we have found success against the good WRs we’ve played so far, however the Kats seem to have so many that it’ll certainly be a challenge.

For me, I think our skill at the wideout position is our biggest strength. Few teams have the secondary at this level to cover them so you have to pressure Briscoe before he has time to find them. If you can pressure him he will make mistakes and eat sacks when he should just throw the ball away. If you want to slow down the passing game I would blitz a lot, play man on the receivers, and jam them at the line of scrimmage. That is the formula that we have not been able to consistently overcome.

Daytripper
December 4th, 2017, 11:19 AM
I understand SHSU fans need something to look forward to, but beating the #6 team in the Valley, and not soundly looks bad. Sure, at the end of the day, a win is a win, but once again, SHSU will be blown out of the water by equal competition. The whole "woe is me" argument suits your fanbase quite well.

I keep forgetting that you are "king" of bad wins and good losses....xcoffeex

Singcntry
December 4th, 2017, 11:37 AM
For what its worth. There are 25 statistical categories on the NCAA FCS Stats page. Of those 25, KSU has the upper hand in 18 of them. Does that mean anything? I don't know, but in 35+ years of watching and researching high school and college football I've found stats are usually a pretty good indicator of what type of game to expect.

As you would expect SHSU leads in total offense, passing offense, and scoring offense. Expected also is that KSU leads in most defensive categories. What's really telling, I think, is that the difference in average ranking in SHSUs offensive leading categories is MUCH less than KSUs difference in their leading Defensive categories. Average offensive ranking for SHSU is 10, KSU is 41.6 with only a 31.6 difference. Average defensive ranking for KSU is 13.5, SHSU is 84.2 with a whopping 70.7 difference.

Given that, i think we'll see a low scoring game somewhere in the 21-17 or 28-21 range with KSU getting the nod. JMHO.

Bear84
December 4th, 2017, 11:53 AM
What happened against NH? I didnt get to watch as it was same time as ours? Seems like y'all must have laid an egg?

Even with the "overrated Bears" not playing well on offense, the outcome was still decided by a pick 6. UNH played well and did a really good job of pressuring the qb and disrupting the offense. UNH is very physical and fast on D, and I think a lot of folks underestimated their potential due to recent offensive struggles. UCA players seemed to react poorly to getting pushed around, and got frustrated, lost focus, and made mistakes. UCA came out in the 3rd quarter and looked really dominant, but then fumbled after a long drive, and never seemed to mentally recover. The defense wore out after that and couldn't consistently stop the run. I really think the biggest issue for UCA was not playing anyone tough for the last several weeks of the season. The bye week probably hurt more than it helped. Too many cupcakes will make you soft...

DirtyDukes
December 4th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Having seen both these teams play multiple games this year I'd be worried about KSU's physicality if i were the Kats. We know Soft Houston sometimes folds under the pressure from a physical team and KSU just MANHANDLED JSU last week. Add a ball control offense keeping Bald Jesus off the field and out of his rhythm and it's not looking good for the Charmin Ultrasofts.

- - - Updated - - -

UCA players seemed to react poorly to getting pushed around, and got frustrated, lost focus, and made mistakes... I really think the biggest issue for UCA was not playing anyone tough for the last several weeks of the season. The bye week probably hurt more than it helped. Too many cupcakes will make you soft...

Both of these things are going to be issues for Soft Houston.

Dukie95
December 4th, 2017, 12:39 PM
UNH is very physical and fast on D, and I think a lot of folks underestimated their potential due to recent offensive struggles. UCA players seemed to react poorly to getting pushed around, and got frustrated, lost focus, and made mistakes..

This is why conference strength matters. Speaking for the CAA, ALL the teams are that fast and physical, even those that aren't winning or miss the playoffs (UD, Nova, Richmond, Maine). Teams like UNH have to prepare for that speed week after week. Teams that can coast through their conference in the regular season are really going to have a hard time adjusting and preparing for the speed and physicality the playoffs require.

Professor
December 4th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Kennesaw State will be to physical for SHSU. KSU by 10

Dukie95
December 4th, 2017, 01:13 PM
The triple option is a problem with teams with good defenses, let alone this team.

jmufan999
December 4th, 2017, 01:20 PM
The triple option is a problem with teams with good defenses, let alone this team.

i remember when we played Wofford in the playoffs in '08. i had watched them get crushed by App State on ESPN on Halloween and figured we were in for a cakewalk. good JMU D. they ran that option with such precision, it was beautiful (but painful) to watch. normally excellent defenders suddenly looked awful. there is a lot of hesitating.... then *boom* you give up a 70 yard rushing TD. it can be tough.

Daytripper
December 4th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Having seen both these teams play multiple games this year I'd be worried about KSU's physicality if i were the Kats. We know Soft Houston sometimes folds under the pressure from a physical team and KSU just MANHANDLED JSU last week. Add a ball control offense keeping Bald Jesus off the field and out of his rhythm and it's not looking good for the Charmin Ultrasofts.

- - - Updated - - -

Both of these things are going to be issues for Soft Houston.

Yeah. Guess we should just forfeit.... because, you know, this assclown says so....

Daytripper
December 4th, 2017, 01:30 PM
This is why conference strength matters. Speaking for the CAA, ALL the teams are that fast and physical, even those that aren't winning or miss the playoffs (UD, Nova, Richmond, Maine). Teams like UNH have to prepare for that speed week after week. Teams that can coast through their conference in the regular season are really going to have a hard time adjusting and preparing for the speed and physicality the playoffs require.

We can only play who is in front of us. We played exactly one CAA team and exactly one MVFC team this season. We are 2-0. Now, go ahead with the qualifiers about how these teams somehow are outliers, or they were "bad wins"... right after you just said that all the teams are "fast a physical"...

IBleedYellow
December 4th, 2017, 01:36 PM
Woah baby the Soft Houston comments.

Real big and great analysis there.

Dukie95
December 4th, 2017, 01:38 PM
We can only play who is in front of us. We played exactly one CAA team and exactly one MVFC team this season. We are 2-0. Now, go ahead with the qualifiers about how these teams somehow are outliers, or they were "bad wins"... right after you just said that all the teams are "fast a physical"...

I explained that it's not about how good the team ends up being, but teams from the top conferences have to be prepared for speed and physicality each week, not just twice.

Daytripper
December 4th, 2017, 01:39 PM
I explained that it's not about how good the team ends up being, but teams from the top conferences have to be prepared for speed and physicality each week, not just twice.

If I recall, my memory isn't what it used to be, we beat a MVFC two days ago in the playoffs....

Of course, the qualifier here is that we didn't play them at the right time...Richmond,I mean.

Now, I know all MVFC teams are playoff worthy....until we beat them. Then they suck.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 01:40 PM
We shall see. I think our run defense is actually our strength so i would be much more concerned playing a pass heavy team than a run heavy team. We have a very underrated D line which i think will show up in this game.

JSUSoutherner
December 4th, 2017, 01:42 PM
We shall see. I think our run defense is actually our strength so i would be much more concerned playing a pass heavy team than a run heavy team. We have a very underrated D line which i think will show up in this game.

Umm. They ran though us like a hot knife through butter.

They will have 300+ rushing yard against you guys.

Sammy94
December 4th, 2017, 01:42 PM
If I recall, my memory isn't what it used to be, we beat a MVFC two days ago in the playoffs....

Of course, the qualifier here is that we didn't play them at the right time...Richmond,I mean.

Now, I know all MVFC teams are playoff worthy....until we beat them. Then they suck.

Have you not learned that fact yet?

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Unless the OVC sucks... They may and we may have 600 total O to their 292 rushing and 70 passing. (Highly Likely)

- - - Updated - - -

If we beat Kennesaw then they will be terrible too haha.

Have you not learned that fact yet?

Daytripper
December 4th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Unless the OVC sucks... They may and we may have 600 total O to their 292 rushing and 70 passing. (Highly Likely)

- - - Updated - - -

If we beat Kennesaw then they will be terrible too haha.

Exactly. I'm not guaranteeing a win and it is possible we get blown out, but it is amazing how we don't ever get credit for wins. Ever. There are always "you won, but......"

ElCid
December 4th, 2017, 01:48 PM
For what its worth. There are 25 statistical categories on the NCAA FCS Stats page. Of those 25, KSU has the upper hand in 18 of them. Does that mean anything? I don't know, but in 35+ years of watching and researching high school and college football I've found stats are usually a pretty good indicator of what type of game to expect.

As you would expect SHSU leads in total offense, passing offense, and scoring offense. Expected also is that KSU leads in most defensive categories. What's really telling, I think, is that the difference in average ranking in SHSUs offensive leading categories is MUCH less than KSUs difference in their leading Defensive categories. Average offensive ranking for SHSU is 10, KSU is 41.6 with only a 31.6 difference. Average defensive ranking for KSU is 13.5, SHSU is 84.2 with a whopping 70.7 difference.

Given that, i think we'll see a low scoring game somewhere in the 21-17 or 28-21 range with KSU getting the nod. JMHO.

Howdy Singcntry. Welcome. Glad to see a few more Kennesaw St folks on board. I like stats as well, but it doesn't always work out that the better stats equal wins unfortunately. We had some great stats this year.....except one.....5-6.....uhg! I know you realize that and I agree stats are a good general indicator. But I like the psychology aspect of it as well. Hope the coaches can keep the Owls heads level for this game. It'll be the fourth game in a row to a playoff team going back to Monmouth.

I like like what you guys have done this year. Pretty impressive....especially for a third year program!xthumbsupx

Sammy94
December 4th, 2017, 01:48 PM

I don't doubt this at all....

DirtyDukes
December 4th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Yeah. Guess we should just forfeit.... because, you know, this assclown says so....

I didn't say you should forfeit I said you should be worried about their physicality because your team is always exposed as not being physical enough in playoff games. I don't understand you guys always forget that. I read all the threads on katfans last year after 65-7 and they all said that. Then you goldfishes forget and run through the Southland and think you're world beaters again.

I didn't guarantee a KSU win I just said you'd have trouble with their physicality. Do you really think your team has shown itself to be a physical team this year?

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Goodness with the 65-7. Take Shor off the field this year or give him a bum arm and yall are mediocre at best. Defenses usually look awful without their QB after 3 and outs leave them on the field. Take Tom Brady away from the Patriots or Drew Brees away from the Saints, Mayfield from OK and they are .500 teams. Sometimes I wonder about yall. Healthy QB we definitely lose but not like that. We handled a Richmond team that played yall to 7 points. I'm sorry but some days its not your day and that was it for us. Our worst games of the year the past two playoff runs have been in the last game of the year.

I didn't say you should forfeit I said you should be worried about their physicality because your team is always exposed as not being physical enough in playoff games. I don't understand you guys always forget that. I read all the threads on katfans last year after 65-7 and they all said that. Then you goldfishes forget and run through the Southland and think you're world beaters again.

I didn't guarantee a KSU win I just said you'd have trouble with their physicality. Do you really think your team has shown itself to be a physical team this year?

DirtyDukes
December 4th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Goodness with the 65-7. Take Shor off the field this year or give him a bum arm and yall are mediocre at best. Defenses usually look awful without their QB after 3 and outs leave them on the field. Take Tom Brady away from the Patriots or Drew Brees away from the Saints, Mayfield from OK and they are .500 teams. Sometimes I wonder about yall. Healthy QB we definitely lose but not like that. We handled a Richmond team that played yall to 7 points. I'm sorry but some days its not your day and that was it for us. Our worst games of the year the past two playoff runs have been in the last game of the year.

LOL Schor is not even close to our most important piece this year, it's our defense.

Also LOL at your "healthy" QB excuse. Bald Jesus was 100% healthy and you all know it. You're just in denial.

Singcntry
December 4th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Howdy Singcntry. Welcome. Glad to see a few more Kennesaw St folks on board. I like stats as well, but it doesn't always work out that the better stats equal wins unfortunately. We had some great stats this year.....except one.....5-6.....uhg! I know you realize that and I agree stats are a good general indicator. But I like the psychology aspect of it as well. Hope the coaches can keep the Owls heads level for this game. It'll be the fourth game in a row to a playoff team going back to Monmouth.

I like like what you guys have done this year. Pretty impressive....especially for a third year program!xthumbsupx

Thanks, Glad to be here. With a new program , building a fan base hasn't been easy. With GATECH, GSU and UGA around, they pretty much have all the fans. But we are getting there. There is a void of Good, Consistent, and low cost football in the metro area.

Believe me i know the stats only tell part of the story. They don't measure, heart and football acumen, our team is loaded with BOTH. We've got a blue collar mentality across the team, they don't rattle easily. Most are very level headed also, Coach Bohannon will not put up with anything less.

beerkat
December 4th, 2017, 02:22 PM
LOL Schor is not even close to our most important piece this year, it's our defense.

Also LOL at your "healthy" QB excuse. Bald Jesus was 100% healthy and you all know it. You're just in denial.

LOL at your LOL xrotatehx trollololololololol

PantherRob82
December 4th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Lol at your Lol of his Lol xlolx

SU DOG
December 4th, 2017, 02:26 PM

Where do you get that y'all are such a YOUNG TEAM? This is another KSU misconception. Young program - YES, but against us I did a breakdown of the KSU players and their classes. Of the 22 starters, 2 are 5th year guys, 14 are 4th year players, 4 are 3rd year, and the other 2 are second year guys. Not exactly an infant group huh?

Birdman_
December 4th, 2017, 02:27 PM
Where do you get that y'all are such a YOUNG TEAM? This is another KSU misconception. Young program - YES, but against us I did a breakdown of the KSU players and their classes. Of the 22 starters, 2 are 5th year guys, 14 are 4th year players, 4 are 3rd year, and the other 2 are second year guys. Not exactly an infant group huh?
Semantics, that’s what I meant. The team hasn’t been around for a long time - young program is a better way to phrase it.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Trolls aside, i am really looking forward to this game. Stopping the TO is a good gauge for your coaches as our personnel will not be the issue. With ample time to prepare lets see if they can get the boys playing assignment defense. TO eats you alive when you cant do that. Does Kennesaw go for it on 4th and short alot? alla GT and Navy?

McNeese72
December 4th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Lol at your Lol of his Lol xlolx

LOL at all of you!!

And Geaux Coach Broderick Fobbs!!!!!

Doc

Birdman_
December 4th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Trolls aside, i am really looking forward to this game. Stopping the TO is a good gauge for your coaches as our personnel will not be the issue. With ample time to prepare lets see if they can get the boys playing assignment defense. TO eats you alive when you cant do that. Does Kennesaw go for it on 4th and short alot? alla GT and Navy?

Haha yeah KSU is always playing with fire on 4th down as long as they’re within 3 yards or so. Agree with you as well, this game should be a great one to watch.

McNeese72
December 4th, 2017, 02:38 PM
I would have loved to have seen McNeese rushing defense against Kennesaw St. That would have been fun to watch.

Doc

Serpentor
December 4th, 2017, 02:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

Birdman_
December 4th, 2017, 02:47 PM
I would have loved to have seen McNeese rushing defense against Kennesaw St. That would have been fun to watch.

Doc

Totally. Most KSU fans I know are itching for more of these types of games. Since the program is so new, we’ve scheduled a lot of weak FCS and D2 teams to give us a chance to get some wins - not sure anyone expected us to be competitive this quickly. Rather than some of these weaker teams, I’d love to have more regular season matchups against teams like McNeese.

Terrier19
December 4th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Would also be interesting to see a Kennesaw State / Wofford game. Looking in the mirror at each other........That would be a very interesting game.

- - - Updated - - -

Also....being relatively new to the site...why is there such a negative energy towards Sam Houston State in general? (not from KS fans....from other teams)

Serpentor
December 4th, 2017, 02:57 PM
Would also be interesting to see a Kennesaw State / Wofford game. Looking in the mirror at each other........That would be a very interesting game.

- - - Updated - - -

Also....being relatively new to the site...why is there such a negative energy towards Sam Houston State in general? (not from KS fans....from other teams)

Some Katfans can be a little boisterous and that rubs folks the wrong way. But don't take any negative comments from NDSU or JMU fans seriously, their fanbases can be just as obnoxious, if not more.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 02:58 PM
We have been trying to solve this all along. From the very get go it has been this way. Even before the "Bad Losses", They said because we were over confident, well find me a NDSU poster even in 2011 who was not the same way. Everyone loves their team, but the penis envy has been real from most FCS fans. They absolutely hate to see us win. Its actually comical sometimes...

- - - Updated - - -

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 03:13 PM
How about a wager loud mouth. Straight pick em $100? Want to take it? if not shut your pie hole.
Sounds good to me, I will take that bet. You feel free to show me where I gave USD any credit for being in the playoffs. Show me where I predicted that USD was going to win the game. I have been on record stating that USD does not even deserve to be in the playoffs. The only indication I have given that USD was remotely my pick to win is in my statements that I hope they pull off a win, that is not the same as picking them and making a call on it. My tone on them never did change since the playoffs started.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 03:15 PM
Its a bet my friend...

Sounds good to me, I will take that bet. You feel free to show me where I gave USD any credit for being in the playoffs. Show me where I predicted that USD was going to win the game. I have been on record stating that USD does not even deserve to be in the playoffs. The only indication I have given that USD was remotely my pick to win is in my statements that I hope they pull off a win, that is not the same as picking them and making a call on it. My tone on them never did change since the playoffs started.

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 03:24 PM
I also love how NDSU gets totally dominated last year b y JMU and were never really in the game. Because of their style of play they will never get blown out. At the end of the day its about winning the Natty. Only one team does it. In the past decade we have more playoff wins than ANYONE IN FCS aside from NDSU, so please stop. Who cares how you lose. you lose. Our playoff runs include wins against EWU, Montana, Montana St, Stony Brook, JSU, Cal Poly(option), SUU, Villanova, Colgate, Chatty. Many of those teams more than once and not including the teams from our conference we have beaten. Get over it. SHSU posters lets just not respond to these trolls and let them die with no attention.
Maybe I am wrong, but wasn't it you that stated that the past doesn't matter? But here you are doing just that. And since when is a 10 point loss considered total domination. If you want to talk about TOTAL DOMINATION lets talk about SHSU being down to JMU 42-0 at halftime, now that is beyond total domination.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 03:26 PM
To any KSU posters, do you guys go for it on 4th and short alot?

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 03:29 PM
19 for 27 on the year on 4th down. So a reasonable amount. Hope the Kats can get off the field. 15-18 on field goals. Do you guys know his long?

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Its a bet my friend...
I am still waiting for you to show me/us my posts where I changed my tune about USD. I have yet to see it from you.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 03:37 PM
I really dont want to waste any more keystrokes on you until i am sending you payment information, but its not just you, most posters doubt us, and if we win they say the other team all the sudden sucks or has jet lag, and if we lose then its i told you so Soft Houston. neverending story.

I am still waiting for you to show me/us my posts where I changed my tune about USD. I have yet to see it from you.

NorthChuckSouth
December 4th, 2017, 03:39 PM
The past two threads i've asked the team to beat KSU by a sizeable amount and it hasn't happened... so now i'm just asking please just beat KSU xdrunkyx

SU DOG
December 4th, 2017, 03:41 PM
To any KSU posters, do you guys go for it on 4th and short alot?

Not a KSU poster, but we have played them twice, so my answer is NO - they usually get it on 3rd down. xlolx

SU DOG
December 4th, 2017, 03:44 PM
The past two threads i've asked the team to beat KSU by a sizeable amount and it hasn't happened... so now i'm just asking please just beat KSU xdrunkyx

Where is your conference pride?

NorthChuckSouth
December 4th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Where is your conference pride?

None with KSU... previous on-field experience tarnished that

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Haha Touche.

Not a KSU poster, but we have played them twice, so my answer is NO - they usually get it on 3rd down. xlolx

DirtyDukes
December 4th, 2017, 03:53 PM
I think we can all agree BNATION needs to stop replying before the quote it's driving me insane

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 03:53 PM
I really dont want to waste any more keystrokes on you until i am sending you payment information, but its not just you, most posters doubt us, and if we win they say the other team all the sudden sucks or has jet lag, and if we lose then its i told you so Soft Houston. neverending story.
Go crawl into your Hobbit hole. You spew garbage that you can't even back up. Saying NDSU got totally dominated in a 10 point loss to a team that was blowing you out 42-0 at halftime. Then you call me out on a bet based on the topic you have yet to show proof of. You diss KSU because they are mostly a run team calling them one dimensional when your team is all about the pass which makes SHSU one dimensional. Your fans talk about how great you say they are in the playoffs and then that little phrase comes in "except for NDSU". Like I said before, your team is always the bridesmaid, but never the bride.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 04:02 PM
I think we can all agree BNATION needs to stop replying before the quote it's driving me insane Man for some reason when I go below it wont let me hit the space bar. Is this better Dukie?

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Go crawl into your Hobbit hole. You spew garbage that you can't even back up. Saying NDSU got totally dominated in a 10 point loss to a team that was blowing you out 42-0 at halftime. Then you call me out on a bet based on the topic you have yet to show proof of. You diss KSU because they are mostly a run team calling them one dimensional when your team is all about the pass which makes SHSU one dimensional. Your fans talk about how great you say they are in the playoffs and then that little phrase comes in "except for NDSU". Like I said before, your team is always the bridesmaid, but never the bride. Thru the regular season. Passing yards 4473, Rushing Yards 2226 over 185 ypg rushing. We still run a little. Again pick up another shift at the corner store, or better yet have that lady of yours hit the corner and get my money saved up...

Schism55
December 4th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Say what nao? xlolx

I think we can all agree BNATION needs to stop replying before the quote it's driving me insane
Yeah its pretty aggravating....

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Say what nao? xlolx

Yeah its pretty aggravating.... Again didnt realize i was doing it. I have corrected my mistake hahaha.

Bear84
December 4th, 2017, 04:08 PM

It's not that folks here really hate SHSU, it's just the way some Kat fans brag and react poorly to criticism that keeps feeding the trolls. They can't help but chase the red dot, so the trolls can entertain themselves over and over....

Daytripper
December 4th, 2017, 04:10 PM
It's not that folks here really hate SHSU, it's just the way some Kat fans brag and react poorly to criticism that keeps feeding the trolls. They can't help but chase the red dot, so the trolls can entertain themselves over and over....

There is some of that, I agree. But you have to admit there is quite a bit of irrational denigration of Sam Houston.

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 04:13 PM
Thru the regular season. Passing yards 4473, Rushing Yards 2226 over 185 ypg rushing. We still run a little. Again pick up another shift at the corner store, or better yet have that lady of yours hit the corner and get my money saved up...
I am still trying to figure out where you think I owe you money. The bet you wagered was based on posts from another SHSU fan that I had changed my thoughts or statements on how I felt about USD from round 1 to round 2. You have not shown any proof of it to this point.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 04:15 PM
I am still trying to figure out where you think I owe you money. The bet you wagered was based on posts from another SHSU fan that I had changed my thoughts or statements on how I felt about USD from round 1 to round 2. You have not shown any proof of it to this point. Buddy I am talking about the game this weekend. KSU at SHSU. I'm doing you a favor and giving you a pK em, since KSU is favored by 2.5.

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 04:18 PM
Thru the regular season. Passing yards 4473, Rushing Yards 2226 over 185 ypg rushing. We still run a little. Again pick up another shift at the corner store, or better yet have that lady of yours hit the corner and get my money saved up...
Also still waiting on you to explain how you feel NDSU got blown out by JMU in a 10 point loss, when your team lost to the the week before by 58 points, after they let up on you when leading 42-0 at halftime.

katss07
December 4th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Damn. Shocked so many think KSU is going to win. Oh well. The Kats are outstanding at home. Ill take 12-0 in the playoffs at Bowers and run with it. We don’t lose at home.

DirtyDukes
Man for some reason when I go below it wont let me hit the space bar. Is this better Dukie?

Thanks buddy!

Serpentor
Also still waiting on you to explain how you feel NDSU got blown out by JMU in a 10 point loss, when your team lost to the the week before by 58 points, after they let up on you when leading 42-0 at halftime.

It was still funny watching all the NDSU Novemberists flee from this site afterward like they were avoiding the plague.

ksu_owls
December 4th, 2017, 04:24 PM
Damn. Shocked so many think KSU is going to win. Oh well. The Kats are outstanding at home. Ill take 12-0 in the playoffs at Bowers and run with it. We don’t lose at home.

To some extent, "We've never lost at home" is like saying "KSU has never lost in the playoffs". Every game is a new test and each opponent plays more into the equation than location. I agree most home fields provide an advantage, but based on other forums and conversations the atmosphere at SHSU doesn't sound like it's exactly deafening right now.

Disclaimer: This post will be awaiting review before being posted. Sorry, I'm a newbie on the board.

Serpentor
December 4th, 2017, 04:26 PM
To some extent, "We've never lost at home" is like saying "KSU has never lost in the playoffs". Every game is a new test and each opponent plays more into the equation than location. I agree most home fields provide an advantage, but based on other forums and conversations the atmosphere at SHSU doesn't sound like it's exactly deafening right now.

Disclaimer: This post will be awaiting review before being posted. Sorry, I'm a newbie on the board.

No victory is guaranteed and all is sound and fury until kickoff. Welcome to the board!

ksu_owls
December 4th, 2017, 04:28 PM
No victory is guaranteed and all is sound and fury until kickoff. Welcome to the board!

Thanks! Apparently I can reply without having to wait for my post to be approved. I posted yesterday and it still hasn't surfaced. I don't even remember what I said now but I'm pretty sure it was in context to the conversation at the time. I'll probably sound like a dumbass once it loads.

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Buddy I am talking about the game this weekend. KSU at SHSU. I'm doing you a favor and giving you a pK em, since KSU is favored by 2.5.
That is not what you replied to way back around page 8 (or something like that) when you made the bet. You jumped in on an existing topic that I had going with another SHSU fans and the topic was about how he thought I changed my tone about USD from round 1 to round 2.
And FYI, I never said anywhere that KSU was going to win this game. I also said I was waiting a day or two so I could look closer into KSU before making a prediction. SHSU by all accounts based on them being only a 3rd year program should not be able to beat anyone in the playoffs this quick, and that any team they play should win.
Your fans have gone through great lengths in the past and present to talk trash, and the NDSU thing you have going on is only because of your fans own stupidity from every year since 2011. Your fans have constantly adjusted there trash talking to try to fit where your team is or situation for each year.

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 04:33 PM
It was still funny watching all the NDSU Novemberists flee from this site afterward like they were avoiding the plague.
No one ran from anything, almost all that I know paid there respects to JMU for a good win and that was it. But if you want to talk about those who flee, just go back to last year after that totally dominating loss to JMU by the majority of your fans.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 04:34 PM

Disclaimer: This post will be awaiting review before being posted. Sorry, I'm a newbie on the board. Good point, I will say man if you come to a game our home side crowd is usually decent, and we are loud even with our small numbers. We are week to week on playoff crowds. We traveled as well to Baylor for Richmond as fans in the stands last week. Hoping for a good turnout this weekend. I will be there whole family in tow!

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 04:37 PM
I will take 5-0 in Frisco over 12-0 at Bowers any day.

Serpentor
No one ran from anything, almost all that I know paid there respects to JMU for a good win and that was it. But if you want to talk about those who flee, just go back to last year after that totally dominating loss to JMU by the majority of your fans.

Says the person who had almost no activity on this board this year until... wait for it... November. I know your rose-colored glasses prevents you from seeing it, but yeah, there was a clear thinning of the herd between which NDSU fans were true AGS loyalists and which were just extended session Novemberists.

BNATION
That is not what you replied to way back around page 8 (or something like that) when you made the bet. You jumped in on an existing topic that I had going with another SHSU fans and the topic was about how he thought I changed my tone about USD from round 1 to round 2.
And FYI, I never said anywhere that KSU was going to win this game. I also said I was waiting a day or two so I could look closer into KSU before making a prediction. SHSU by all accounts based on them being only a 3rd year program should not be able to beat anyone in the playoffs this quick, and that any team they play should win.
Your fans have gone through great lengths in the past and present to talk trash, and the NDSU thing you have going on is only because of your fans own stupidity from every year since 2011. Your fans have constantly adjusted there trash talking to try to fit where your team is or situation for each year. Im trying to figure out if your trolling or just dumb. Look dude, all SHSU fans have said is we have consistently shown to be a top 2-10 program for the past 7 years. for as long as NDSU has dominated we have definately played the little sister role but still been pretty darn good. Thats it man. Have a coke and chill out. you sure do rile easy, must be hell on your on your lady.

ksu_owls
December 4th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Good point, I will say man if you come to a game our home side crowd is usually decent, and we are loud even with our small numbers. We are week to week on playoff crowds. We traveled as well to Baylor for Richmond as fans in the stands last week. Hoping for a good turnout this weekend. I will be there whole family in tow!

I would love to make it out. I know there is a decent size group heading your way, but nothing like what we had at JSU last weekend (it was only 86 miles from our campus). By the way, this whole experience has been so fun for us KSU fans. I am one who openly admits I'm not sure how good we are, but I know we are playing pretty decent football right now. The last few weeks teams have been surprised at our effort and attitude, and I think it catches people off guard. I know SHSU, and every team still around, is a solid football team. I'm just hoping that both teams play at a high level and we get to enjoy some good football! Go Owls!

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 04:43 PM
I would love to make it out. I know there is a decent size group heading your way, but nothing like what we had at JSU last weekend (it was only 86 miles from our campus). By the way, this whole experience has been so fun for us KSU fans. I am one who openly admits I'm not sure how good we are, but I know we are playing pretty decent football right now. The last few weeks teams have been surprised at our effort and attitude, and I think it catches people off guard. I know SHSU, and every team still around, is a solid football team. I'm just hoping that both teams play at a high level and we get to enjoy some good football! Go Owls! Absolutely my man, what an accomplishment. You guys definitely have a bright future. We better be ready to go!

Serpentor
December 4th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Absolutely my man, what an accomplishment. You guys definitely have a bright future. We better be ready to go!

Agreed, making it to the playoffs in the third year of your program, that's quite an accomplishment.

katss07
December 4th, 2017, 04:49 PM

To some extent, yes it is like saying “KSU has never lossed a playoff game”. But we have never lossed a playoff game at home over a period of 20 years, which would mean a fair amount of success at home. The Kats are 12-0 at home, which isn’t a small number. Wins over Montana, Montana State, Cal Poly (a TO team), and South Dakota.

Sure you can look at our small 8,000 in attendance and say damn, not great of an atmosphere. You would be making a mistake if you said the crowd has no impact. The ones who show up get loud. So if we have 9k or 10k, it will be tough for Kennesaw State to play. The atmosphere is fine, nothing close to NDSU or JMU or JMU. But that doesn’t make it any easier. And you’re boys have never played in a cold playoff game, which could add to the environment. I’m not expecting an HUGE crowd. But I would definitely expect 8k. A few hours after graduation, lots of alum in town and graduating students will make for a decent crowd. I’m not getting my hopes up, but 10k isn’t out of the question. Although this weekends showing was pitiful.

How many KSU people will be making the trip to Huntsville?

Daytripper
December 4th, 2017, 04:55 PM
Im trying to figure out if your trolling or just dumb. Look dude, all SHSU fans have said is we have consistently shown to be a top 2-10 program for the past 7 years. for as long as NDSU has dominated we have definately played the little sister role but still been pretty darn good. Thats it man. Have a coke and chill out. you sure do rile easy, must be hell on your on your lady.

He's one of those who writes trolling posts but is too ignorant to know he is doing it.

katss07
December 4th, 2017, 04:56 PM
He's one of those who writes trolling posts but is too ignorant to know he is doing it.
Ignore my friend. It only adds wood to the fire by responding. If you don’t talk to him, he might go away.

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 04:59 PM
Im trying to figure out if your trolling or just dumb. Look dude, all SHSU fans have said is we have consistently shown to be a top 2-10 program for the past 7 years. for as long as NDSU has dominated we have definately played the little sister role but still been pretty darn good. Thats it man. Have a coke and chill out. you sure do rile easy, must be hell on your on your lady.
I'm not riled one bit, I just enjoy correcting those who make false or stupid claims. And right now you and a few of your fellow SHSU fans are right at the top of the list.
Sure your team as done well to make the playoffs every year.

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 05:02 PM
I am aware completely of what I am doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Ignore my friend. It only adds wood to the fire by responding. If you don’t talk to him, he might go away.
Not likely.

thebootfitter
December 4th, 2017, 05:08 PM

Its a bet my friend...

Here's the string of posts that lead to this bet. There may be room for mis-interpretation, I suppose, but it seems pretty clear to me that TennBison just accepted a $100 bet on the W/L outcome of the SHSU vs KSU game.

When BNation says "How about a wager? Straight pick 'em $100?" I don't see how that could be interpreted as a bet about something that TennBison said or didn't say earlier in the thread. "Straight pick 'em" is pretty clear language about the outcome of a game, and the only future game directly being discussed in this thread is SHSU vs KSU.

Bold strategy, Cotton!

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 05:09 PM
Here's the string of posts that lead to this bet. There may be room for mis-interpretation, I suppose, but it seems pretty clear to me that TennBison just accepted a $100 bet on the W/L outcome of the SHSU vs KSU game.

When BNation says "How about a wager? Straight pick 'em $100?" I don't see how that could be interpreted as a bet about something that TennBison said or didn't say earlier in the thread. "Straight pick 'em" is pretty clear language about the outcome of a game, and the only game directly being discussed in this thread is SHSU vs KSU.

Bold strategy, Cotton!

Thanks. I was starting to think I was crazy lol. Good lord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksu_owls
December 4th, 2017, 05:10 PM
To some extent, yes it is like saying “KSU has never lossed a playoff game”. But we have never lossed a playoff game at home over a period of 20 years, which would mean a fair amount of success at home. The Kats are 12-0 at home, which isn’t a small number. Wins over Montana, Montana State, Cal Poly (a TO team), and South Dakota.

Sure you can look at our small 8,000 in attendance and say damn, not great of an atmosphere. You would be making a mistake if you said the crowd has no impact. The ones who show up get loud. So if we have 9k or 10k, it will be tough for Kennesaw State to play. The atmosphere is fine, nothing close to NDSU or JMU or JMU. But that doesn’t make it any easier. And you’re boys have never played in a cold playoff game, which could add to the environment. I’m not expecting an HUGE crowd. But I would definitely expect 8k. A few hours after graduation, lots of alum in town and graduating students will make for a decent crowd. I’m not getting my hopes up, but 10k isn’t out of the question. Although this weekends showing was pitiful.

It's hard to say this early. There have been a few successful gofundme campaigns to raise money for the guys that paint their chests and some of the student section to go. I understand what you're saying about being at home and 12-0. That is very impressive! I think winning at Montana State just one month ago today, which for us at that moment was probably our biggest victory, in sub-30 degree weather in front of nearly 17,000 people was the closest thing we have to compare to a playoff environment like the one you're anticipating. I'm fully aware that 8,000 loud fans can create a great environment--we were fairly rowdy round 1 hosting Samford with ~6,000 in attendance. My main point was based off of other comments and message boards, a lot of those 12 at home playoff wins seem to come at a time where you guys had more fan support (just from the complaints I've read on other boards). One thing to consider, what are the expectations of your team? Do they expect to see a packed out stadium that is there to support their team because they're hosting a QF game? A home game has potential to be more deflating to your boys if they're expecting a massive crowd, which I believe they deserve, and the stadium is half empty and dead.

Birdman_
December 4th, 2017, 05:12 PM
I would love to make it out. I know there is a decent size group heading your way, but nothing like what we had at JSU last weekend (it was only 86 miles from our campus). By the way, this whole experience has been so fun for us KSU fans. I am one who openly admits I'm not sure how good we are, but I know we are playing pretty decent football right now. The last few weeks teams have been surprised at our effort and attitude, and I think it catches people off guard. I know SHSU, and every team still around, is a solid football team. I'm just hoping that both teams play at a high level and we get to enjoy some good football! Go Owls!
Couldn’t have said it any better. This team has been so fun to watch, but it’s been impossible to gauge how good we actually are. These last couple of weeks have been incredible though. Great to see the Owls show up on this stage, and hope to see a competitive game from both teams this weekend!

thebootfitter
December 4th, 2017, 05:15 PM
For what it's worth... I did pick KSU to win in the poll, but I certainly wouldn't be willing to bet $100 on it. Not sure I'd even bet a dollar of my own money on it. It's a tough one to predict, if you ask me. Based on history... SHSU SHOULD win. But Kennesaw State is surprising me (and a lot of people) this year. The only outcome that would surprise me is KSU winning by more than 21 points.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Couldn’t have said it any better. This team has been so fun to watch, but it’s been impossible to gauge how good we actually are. These last couple of weeks have been incredible though. Great to see the Owls show up on this stage, and hope to see a competitive game from both teams this weekend!

I remember our first run to the national Championship game and it was an incredible experience for the players family's and fans. Soak it up, from the looks of it you guys will be around. Hoping for a good game. The styles couldn't be further apart. Very interesting.

thebootfitter
December 4th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Oh... I still think you're crazy! ;)

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Oh... I still think you're crazy! ;)

Haha I'll take that. 😎

ksu_owls
December 4th, 2017, 05:19 PM

I just typed out a long reply and it isn't showing up... I'm so ready to hit 10 posts so I don't get reviewed! Anyway, not sure how many. I guess once my long post comes through you'll see that and all the other crap I said lol. Nothing super important or that interesting.

Bear84
December 4th, 2017, 06:04 PM
There is some of that, I agree. But you have to admit there is quite a bit of irrational denigration of Sam Houston.

There is also lingering butt hurt from SHSU getting the #1 seed a few years back, when you "didn't beat anyone". That seems to be when the Sammy bashing started.

Daytripper
December 4th, 2017, 06:17 PM
There is also lingering butt hurt from SHSU getting the #1 seed a few years back, when you "didn't beat anyone". That seems to be when the Sammy bashing started.

Seeds are inherently subjective. People need to get over themselves if that is where their hate comes from...

katss07
December 4th, 2017, 06:32 PM
Seeds are inherently subjective. People need to get over themselves if that is where their hate comes from...
Exactly. The great thing about the FCS is it all plays out on the field. One of the only true playoffs in sports. Any team could have won this year, from Monmouth and Nicholls to NDSU and JMU. As long as you win, seeding doesn’t matter! Look at Kennesaw. 10-1. None of their fans are bitching about it. I think the Kats will handle them, but the Owls are a heck of a squad who was very deserving of the 8 seed. Im sure in the future, that could be taken into consideration.

Still, of the eight teams that could win it all, three are unseeded. I think it will be very tough for Weber or UNH or Kennesaw to win this weekend, but it’s the playoffs. The point is, seeding doesn’t matter. If your team is truly the best, they will play like it. This years playoff is no where near finished. An upset very well could happen.

cx500d
December 4th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Exactly. The great thing about the FCS is it all plays out on the field. One of the only true playoffs in sports. Any team could have won this year, from Monmouth and Nicholls to NDSU and JMU. As long as you win, seeding doesn’t matter! Look at Kennesaw. 10-1. None of their fans are bitching about it. I think the Kats will handle them, but the Owls are a heck of a squad who was very deserving of the 8 seed. Im sure in the future, that could be taken into consideration.

Still, of the eight teams that could win it all, three are unseeded. I think it will be very tough for Weber or UNH or Kennesaw to win this weekend, but it’s the playoffs. The point is, seeding doesn’t matter. If your team is truly the best, they will play like it. This years playoff is no where near finished. An upset very well could happen.

An unseeded team went to the Natty last year...

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 06:38 PM

When BNation says "How about a wager? Straight pick 'em $100?" I don't see how that could be interpreted as a bet about something that TennBison said or didn't say earlier in the thread. "Straight pick 'em" is pretty clear language about the outcome of a game, and the only future game directly being discussed in this thread is SHSU vs KSU.

Bold strategy, Cotton!
You are missing the handful of post that happened before the first ones you referenced, you need to go back further.
As for the wager on a straight out bet of who is going to win, like I said long before, I still have not even decided on who I think is going to win. But I have made it clear that I do not think KSU should be favored to do so. So tell me, I I end up thinking that SHSU is going to win, how is it that Bnation and I would place a bet if he also would be selecting SHSU ?

Daytripper
December 4th, 2017, 06:42 PM
You are missing the handful of post that happened before the first ones you referenced, you need to go back further.
As for the wager on a straight out bet of who is going to win, like I said long before, I still have not even decided on who I think is going to win. But I have made it clear that I do not think KSU should be favored to do so. So tell me, I I end up thinking that SHSU is going to win, how is it that Bnation and I would place a bet if he also would be selecting SHSU ?

You two need to go start your own thread in the Lounge....

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 06:47 PM

You seem to have a failure to understand basic english. I made it very clear from your first message with me what I was talking about. It is even in the first post as I continued on further in it when I took your bet. And I made it very clear in future posts what train of thought I was thinking you were replying to. And several times since then you have made other statements that are very confusing that I have asked you to explain how you came to that thought and you have just blown by them. The only conclusion I have for this is that you intentionally made a stupid statement that you thought would go unchallenged and have no answer for it.

Daytripper
December 4th, 2017, 06:51 PM
You seem to have a failure to understand basic english. I made it very clear from your first message with me what I was talking about. It is even in the first post as I continued on further in it when I took your bet. And I made it very clear in future posts what train of thought I was thinking you were replying to. And several times since then you have made other statements that are very confusing that I have asked you to explain how you came to that thought and you have just blown by them. The only conclusion I have for this is that you intentionally made a stupid statement that you thought would go unchallenged and have no answer for it.

The sense I'm getting is that your wife would not approve of you betting $100 of her hard earned money.....

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 06:54 PM
An unseeded team went to the Natty last year...

I love that. This is the true Div 1 champ. Going to be a great weekend.

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 06:55 PM
Nope, the hate came from the same disrespect that SHSU fans started against NDSU fans back in 2011. Your fans were all about:were #1 and NDSU has no shot in hell, you can't handle our speed, you can't handle our offense which you have never seen, we score more points than anyone, and I am sure there were others. @012 you were all of those same things plus a new very funny one: no defending champion has ever beaten the same team twice, lol. Then when you came to Fargo you were all about how vastly improved you were and that NDSU once again had no chance. So go cry to your mom and see if she still has your baby blanket for you, your fans started the bashing and NDSU has just been finishing it, you started it and now you are still getting it back.

cx500d
December 4th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Nope, the hate came from the same disrespect that SHSU fans started against NDSU fans back in 2011. Your fans were all about:were #1 and NDSU has no shot in hell, you can't handle our speed, you can't handle our offense which you have never seen, we score more points than anyone, and I am sure there were others. @012 you were all of those same things plus a new very funny one: no defending champion has ever beaten the same team twice, lol. Then when you came to Fargo you were all about how vastly improved you were and that NDSU once again had no chance. So go cry to your mom and see if she still has your baby blanket for you, your fans started the bashing and NDSU has just been finishing it, you started it and now you are still getting it back.

Nah, its just homerism braggadocio; nothing personal.

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2017, 06:58 PM
So let the team finish it then.... you realize by carrying on like you do here on AGS about SHSU you're doing the exact same thing you called SHSU fans out about right? NDSU and SHSU aren't even playing each other yet for crying out loud. At least wait until next week when that may happen before you get into dick measuring thread derailments.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Is this guy honestly still here. Cmon man in all sincerity. Admin please remove this guy. We keep trying to talk football and he has some serious hang ups. Goodness gracious. Seriously man. You are adding no football talk so go to smack or the NDSU Wofford thread and talk about how bad we are. There is a SHSU sucks smack thread. Have at it.

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 06:59 PM
The sense I'm getting is that your wife would not approve of you betting $100 of her hard earned money.....
Don't have a wife, but I do have a girlfriend if that helps you out.

cx500d
December 4th, 2017, 07:01 PM
I am surprised at the vote tally. I don't think KSU will keep pace personally.

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 07:02 PM
So let the team finish it then.... you realize by carrying on like you do here on AGS about SHSU you're doing the exact same thing you called SHSU fans out about right? NDSU and SHSU aren't even playing each other yet for crying out loud. At least wait until next week when that may happen before you get into dick measuring thread derailments.
I am happy to bash SHSU fans year round if it pleases me, it is just more fun during the playoffs.

cx500d
December 4th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Don't have a wife, but I do have a girlfriend if that helps you out.

I don't have one either, but I have some exes in Texas.

Daytripper
December 4th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Nah, its just homerism braggadocio; nothing personal.

Yes. Thanks.

Serpentor
December 4th, 2017, 07:06 PM
I am happy to bash SHSU fans year round if it pleases me, it is just more fun during the playoffs.

I think you just took the crown for biggest piece of ass cancer on this website. Congratulations!

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Yes. Thanks.

Exactly. Everyone has some of it. That's why college football is the best thing in the world. Fans are very passionate and sometimes with blind optimism, love their team. Eat em Up!

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 07:07 PM
I don't have one either, but I have some exes in Texas.
Are you the guy that country song is about?

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 07:09 PM
I think you just took the crown for biggest piece of ass cancer on this website. Congratulations!
Are your feelings hurt, do you want a hug?

cx500d
December 4th, 2017, 07:11 PM
Exactly. Everyone has some of it. That's why college football is the best thing in the world. Fans are very passionate and sometimes with blind optimism, love their team. Eat em Up!

Exactly....People don't need to take it so personal when a teams fans brag up their teams...Some times it appears delusional, other times it proves true.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you the guy that country song is about?

I don't reside in Tennessee, so no.

Daytripper
December 4th, 2017, 07:12 PM

Okay. It's official. TennBison is the NDSU version of The Pod.....

Serpentor
December 4th, 2017, 07:15 PM

*snrk* You're still holding a grudge over something that happened 6 years ago. If anyone is a baby it's you.

And why? Because the Bearkat fans didn't kiss your ass enough and kowtow to you like you think you're entitled to? Because we were facing a team that we were 1-1 all time against and had no reason to intimidated by? Because they talked smack on a football board? Oh boo hoo.

cx500d
December 4th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Okay. It's official. TennBison is the NDSU version of The Pud.....

FYP

ksu_owls
December 4th, 2017, 07:33 PM
FYP

This is me attempting to get my posts up to 10 so I can reply without a quote. Sorry for the general-not-that-intriguing questions.

How good is SHSU's run defense? Are your passing attacks primarily slice and dice or big gainers? What is your biggest strength beyond passing?

TennBison
December 4th, 2017, 07:41 PM
*snrk* You're still holding a grudge over something that happened 6 years ago. If anyone is a baby it's you.

And why? Because the Bearkat fans didn't kiss your ass enough and kowtow to you like you think you're entitled to? Because we were facing a team that we were 1-1 all time against and had no reason to intimidated by? Because they talked smack on a football board? Oh boo hoo.
Why would I hold a grudge from 6 years ago when my team won a game that most of your fans were guaranteeing that SHSU was going to blow us away in, seems like your the most likely candidate to hold one.
I don't need or want your fans kissing my ass when the Bison are busy kicking yours.

Serpentor
December 4th, 2017, 07:46 PM
Why would I hold a grudge from 6 years ago when my team won a game that most of your fans were guaranteeing that SHSU was going to blow us away in, seems like your the most likely candidate to hold one.
I don't need or want your fans kissing my ass when the Bison are busy kicking yours.

Probably was the highlight of your life, sitting back and watching someone else accomplish something while you were stuffing wieners in your mouth wishing they belonged to Craig Bohl...

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 07:49 PM
Probably was the highlight of your life, sitting back and watching someone else accomplish something while you were stuffing wieners in your mouth wishing they belonged to Craig Bohl...

Hahaha. Now that's Auburn and probably true.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 07:51 PM
This is me attempting to get my posts up to 10 so I can reply without a quote. Sorry for the general-not-that-intriguing questions.

How good is SHSU's run defense? Are your passing attacks primarily slice and dice or big gainers? What is your biggest strength beyond passing?

We have not been great. Against primarily run teams we have had very good flashes on Defense.
Our pass game has both components. The deep homerun ball and the short 5-8 yard routes that sometimes bust for big gains. Our return game has been very strong and our run game has been underrated. Avery and Bulmer are both very capable backs.

katss07
December 4th, 2017, 07:59 PM

Our running defense is the strong part of our unit. We can stop the run. Of the two rush heavy teams this year that we have played, we held them to 17 and 23 points respectively. Nicholls was held to 17, but 14 came in the fourth quarter of a blowout. SHSU has experience with the TO, as does coach KC Keeler. We can’t stop the pass for ****, as demonstrated this weekend. We can stuff the run.

Briscoe has so many weapons. He can do whatever really. Watch out for Stewart, Yedi Louis and David. All three are serious threats that can tear apart the D. Davis had three first half TDs against USD. Big gainers are common. We often score early and often. If the Owls allow points on 2 out of the first 3 drives, they are in big trouble. Henderson is our TE and he is VERY tough to bring down. Our O-Line is strong. They controlled the game Saturday. This allowed us to run with Corey Avery and Remus Bulmer. Avery is quick and can get to the second level with ease. Bulmer is the power back that we use sparingly. I would say the run game is our biggest thing outside of passing, although PJ Hall would beg to differ. They can get to the QB easily and don’t allow outside runs. Stuff over the middle is what hurts us.

katss07
December 4th, 2017, 08:01 PM
Then why the **** are you here. Get get your ass out of here. Go back to Bisonville or the NDSU thread. Seriously, no one here wants to hear this **** but you. You made your point. Talk football now. Or **** off.

ksu_owls
December 4th, 2017, 08:06 PM
Our running defense is the strong part of our unit. We can stop the run. Of the two rush heavy teams this year that we have played, we held them to 17 and 23 points respectively. Nicholls was held to 17, but 14 came in the fourth quarter of a blowout. SHSU has experience with the TO, as does coach KC Keeler. We can’t stop the pass for ****, as demonstrated this weekend. We can stuff the run.

Briscoe has so many weapons. He can do whatever really. Watch out for Stewart, Yedi Louis and David. All three are serious threats that can tear apart the D. Davis had three first half TDs against USD. Big gainers are common. We often score early and often. If the Owls allow points on 2 out of the first 3 drives, they are in big trouble. Henderson is our TE and he is VERY tough to bring down. Our O-Line is strong. They controlled the game Saturday. This allowed us to run with Corey Avery and Remus Bulmer. Avery is quick and can get to the second level with ease. Bulmer is the power back that we use sparingly. I would say the run game is our biggest thing outside of passing, although PJ Hall would beg to differ. They can get to the QB easily and don’t allow outside runs. Stuff over the middle is what hurts us.

One thing I immediately appreciate about SHSU fans more than JSU fans: you promote how good your team is instead of bashing a team you know little about. So props to you guys! Of course, JSU probably had less confidence in us due to our biggest win being Samford (I guess)?

It's so hard to compare different functions of teams, but JSU did have a solid defense IMO. With your offensive power, I think it's going to take a much better game than what we played at JSU to win. I'm hoping... hooooping one difference will be that maybe your run defense is a little less impressive than JSU's. No way to tell until Saturday!

CappinHard
December 4th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Then why the **** are you here. Get get your ass out of here. Go back to Bisonville or the NDSU thread. Seriously, no one here wants to hear this **** but you. You made your point. Talk football now. Or **** off.

I haven't read anything else in this thread lately, so I don't know who's in the right or wrong, but how is it possible that every single thread that SHSU is a part of devolves into anarchy?

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 08:08 PM
I haven't read anything else in this thread lately, so I don't know who's in the right or wrong, but how is it possible that every single thread that SHSU is a part of devolves into anarchy?

Lol then go back and read. Even other NDSU fans are trying to get this guy out of here.

katss07
December 4th, 2017, 08:10 PM
I advise you to go back in read. As a Kat fan, half hilariously stupid, half extremely frustrating.

Birdman_
December 4th, 2017, 08:13 PM
We have not been great. Against primarily run teams we have had very good flashes on Defense.
Our pass game has both components. The deep homerun ball and the short 5-8 yard routes that sometimes bust for big gains. Our return game has been very strong and our run game has been underrated. Avery and Bulmer are both very capable backs.

Interesting. Since we’ve never played, I think the closest matchups we’ve had to this one are Samford and Liberty. Those matchups are quite different, but I believe those are the best QBs we’ve faced.

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Interesting. Since we’ve never played, I think the closest matchups we’ve had to this one are Samford and Liberty. Those matchups are quite different, but I believe those are the best QBs we’ve faced.

Should be a lot of fun. You guys have earned your sand and beat some capable teams. I think this is a game our guys should absolutely be prepared for or risk getting run off the field.