PDA

View Full Version : my only complaint about yesterday

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2017, 11:29 AM
was the game times, I was trying to watch them all and switching channels like crazy.... Why do they start all these games in the same three hour window again?

had Roku on the TV and one game laptop, one on Cellphone

I remember in years past on ESPN3 being able to watch multiple games at once in different windows but didn't see that option yesterday

anyway, despite my complaint it was still a great day of playoff football.... my wife commented that "the game" seemed to be taking a long time and I admitted to her it was actually 8 games.... ouch...

cx500d
December 3rd, 2017, 11:32 AM
I remember in years past on ESPN3 being able to watch multiple games at once in different windows but didn't see that option yesterday

Maybe its the device you use...I use an Apple TV and I can watch 4 games on ESPN at once using that. I Could have used the watch ESPN web on to watch more on my laptop, but its hard enough to watch 4 at once.

dewey
December 3rd, 2017, 11:32 AM
was the game times, I was trying to watch them all and switching channels like crazy.... Why do they start all these games in the same three hour window again?

anyway, despite my complaint it was still a great day of playoff football.... my wife commented that "the game" seemed to be taking a long time and I admitted to her it was actually 8 games.... ouch...

I completely agree. I had the Roku flipping back and forth between about 3 different games.

My biggest complaint about the playoffs is that the title game starts at 11am. Why in the heck can't the game start at 300? Heck even 100 would be better. I know the reason is the NFL playoffs are one but come on it is a National Championship game.

my 2 cents.

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
December 3rd, 2017, 11:36 AM
I wish that was my only complaint. xcoffeex

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2017, 11:36 AM
I completely agree. I had the Roku flipping back and forth between about 3 different games.

My biggest complaint about the playoffs is that the title game starts at 11am. Why in the heck can't the game start at 300? Heck even 100 would be better. I know the reason is the NFL playoffs are one but come on it is a National Championship game.

my 2 cents.

Dewey
Agreed. They could put on a random regular season college basketball game at 11AM and start the FCS Championship at 1PM. They did that in January 2014 when NDSU played Towson. NFL playoffs don't start usually until 4 or 5PM that day usually so they could kick off a bit later and still avoid going up against NFL playoffs.

ElCid
December 3rd, 2017, 11:48 AM
I got my cable internet upgrade on Friday morning. Talk about just in time...... But they could have done better in spreading them out. Why not 2 games at noon (east coast), 2 or 3 at 2:00 (east or central), 2 or 3 at 3:30 (central), and the west one later like it was. Even that would have been better. Or, move two game to Friday for the second round if they are close teams like the Wofford/Furman or JSU/KSU games. That would have been great and not impacted travel or conflicted with the other big local FBS games.

cx500d
December 3rd, 2017, 11:57 AM
This is ESPN multicast using apple TV....Can't Roku do that? Or display your PC/laptop using watch espn multicast. I have to move the cursor over the screen I want the audio on, but that happens as quick as you can slide your finger on a trackpad.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26671&stc=1

ElCid
December 3rd, 2017, 12:02 PM
This is ESPN multicast using apple TV....Can't Roku do that? Or display your PC/laptop using watch espn multicast. I have to move the cursor over the screen I want the audio on, but that happens as quick as you can slide your finger on a trackpad.

I used to be able to do that. Can't anymore. Have to have multiple browsers open. Or if we use the firestick on my TV, I have to just "go back" and select another game. Pretty fast when I do that, but not as nice as a quad set up.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2017, 12:05 PM
CX, I didn't know you were a soccer fan.... bottom left.... yuck...

I'm not sure about Roku, I'm a rookie with this tech stuff and didn't try real hard to get multiple screens up, the channel flipping was working and I didn't want to take a chance on getting down some path and not being able to find my way back

clenz
December 3rd, 2017, 12:10 PM
Roku can not do that. I have 2 - a 3 and a 4. Neither can.

I don’t believe my fire stick can either, never tried. It’s in a TV that is never used because it’s sucks compared to the roku.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cx500d
December 3rd, 2017, 12:11 PM
CX, I didn't know you were a soccer fan.... bottom left.... yuck...

I'm not sure about Roku, I'm a rookie with this tech stuff and didn't try real hard to get multiple screens up, the channel flipping was working and I didn't want to take a chance on getting down some path and not being able to find my way back

I'm not, I just quickly fired up the appletv and picked the first four events on the espn app and took a picture.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2017, 12:17 PM

my 2 cents.

Dewey

totally agree with the 11 AM, way to (or too if Cappinhard is grading) early...

BisonTru
December 3rd, 2017, 12:24 PM
You used to be able to split screen to four games on the PC, but ESPN changed that this year. AppleTV exclusively is the only device you can watch four games at once.

Fortunately I have two apple TVs, three rokus, plus laptop and phone. Although you can only watch 5 games on watchESPN at a time. I found that out a few months ago. Although I also have two ESPN3 accounts with SlingTV plus my internet provider.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2017, 12:27 PM
You used to be able to split screen to four games on the PC, but ESPN changed that this year. AppleTV exclusively is the only device you can watch four games at once.

Fortunately I have two apple TVs, three rokus, plus laptop and phone. Although you can only watch 5 games on watchESPN at a time. I found that out a few months ago. Although I also have two ESPN3 accounts with SlingTV plus my internet provider.

very informative, thanks!

Bison56
December 3rd, 2017, 12:31 PM

Same complaints I have.

cx500d
December 3rd, 2017, 12:32 PM

I have two appletv's, but I think its hard enough to watch 4 games at once, so I don't try and move another TV in and attempt to watch 8. I just have to pick and choose which ones to display. It was fine for the first hour yesterday, but when 2pm central started I had to offload some of the 1pm games, then when 230pm hit I had to offload another game. The only 1pm game I watched in its entirety was the Kennesaw since it was closer; probably should have watched more of wofford. Didn't watch much of SDSU at all since UNH/UCA was a better watch. Turned off the Sammy game after they took a 3 td lead, then had to turn it back on when I saw USD was up to 28.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2017, 12:37 PM
Same complaints I have.

is your wife Puerto Rican? try to ignore one of those for 10 hours...

Hammersmith
December 3rd, 2017, 12:45 PM
For people without AppleTV, have the game list open in your main browser window. Right click each game link and open each in a new browser window. Resize each window so you can see multiple games at once. I ended up with three games on the right side of my screen with my main game on the left 2/3rds of the screen. I didn't use it this week(didn't think about it until all the afternoon games were already in hand), but there are apparently Chrome plugins you can find that expand each window to take up the entire window. (Just like full screen, F11, but for each window.) This will give you everything the old multicast could do with the exception of easily switching the audio; that you will have to do manually.

BisonBacker
December 3rd, 2017, 12:47 PM

LOL

MR. CHICKEN
December 3rd, 2017, 01:27 PM
Agreed. They could put on a random regular season college basketball game at 11AM and start the FCS Championship at 1PM. They did that in January 2014 when NDSU played Towson. NFL playoffs don't start usually until 4 or 5PM that day usually so they could kick off a bit later and still avoid going up against NFL playoffs.

...AN' WHEN DUH ROUNDBALL...GOES OT.....YA COME IN....... MIDDLE UH 1st Q.....WHIFF SCORE 7-3..........BRAWK!

BisonTru
December 3rd, 2017, 01:39 PM
I have two appletv's, but I think its hard enough to watch 4 games at once, so I don't try and move another TV in and attempt to watch 8. I just have to pick and choose which ones to display. It was fine for the first hour yesterday, but when 2pm central started I had to offload some of the 1pm games, then when 230pm hit I had to offload another game. The only 1pm game I watched in its entirety was the Kennesaw since it was closer; probably should have watched more of wofford. Didn't watch much of SDSU at all since UNH/UCA was a better watch. Turned off the Sammy game after they took a 3 td lead, then had to turn it back on when I saw USD was up to 28.

I had a six games going last year during the playoffs. Moved two extra tvs in. Had four on 1 and two more games on side tvs. It gets to be much to follow anyway. Just a heads up though if you want to do more than five games on ESPN3, you'll need two accounts. That I believe is new this year as well.

cx500d
December 3rd, 2017, 01:43 PM
I had a six games going last year during the playoffs. Moved two extra tvs in. Had four on 1 and two more games on side tvs. It gets to be much to follow anyway. Just a heads up though if you want to do more than five games on ESPN3, you'll need two accounts. That I believe is new this year as well.

Good info, but 4's my limit. Any more than that and I won't be able to pay attention to any of them. Won't surprise me if ESPN takes away the 2x2 quad of games next year to fix their $ bleeding problems

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2017, 01:45 PM
...AN' WHEN DUH ROUNDBALL...GOES OT.....YA COME IN....... MIDDLE UH 1st Q.....WHIFF SCORE 7-3..........BRAWK!
That too happened one year when NDSU was down there. I don't recall for sure the year but I think it was the NDSU/Towson game. They actually delayed the kickoff because the preceding basketball game was going long. Those of us there had no idea what was going on.

cx500d
December 3rd, 2017, 01:51 PM
That too happened one year when NDSU was down there. I don't recall for sure the year but I think it was the NDSU/Towson game. They actually delayed the kickoff because the preceding basketball game was going long. Those of us there had no idea what was going on.

Apparently I still had no idea...

veinup
December 3rd, 2017, 05:28 PM
it's hard for me to wrap my mind around watching four games at once. too much xnottalkingx

cx500d
December 3rd, 2017, 05:36 PM
it's hard for me to wrap my mind around watching four games at once. too much xnottalkingx
Really, I watch one, and scan the other three. When I notice a big play or replays on one of the other three screens, I'll scroll there using the appletv trackpad to that screen for volume to see what happened. If the game I'm watching gets boring, I'll scroll to one of the other screens to a more interesting game.

Bison56
December 3rd, 2017, 06:02 PM
is your wife Puerto Rican? try to ignore one of those for 10 hours...

No but she is a female........

BNATION
December 4th, 2017, 09:16 AM
Soccer, I knew there was an underlying issue with you..women's basketball as well. wow......

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2017, 09:22 AM
No but she is a female........

yea, it's a shame that needs to be clarified nowadays

cx500d
December 4th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Soccer, I knew there was an underlying issue with you..women's basketball as well. wow......

As I said, when this thread started, I fired it up and picked the first 4 items in the live TV list....Since it was sunday morning, there wasn't a whole lot of offerings in the live TV list