PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sam Houston State, Whats Up With Coach Keeler?

WestCoastAggie
December 1st, 2017, 01:29 PM
UTEP: Sources tell FootballScoop that Sam Houston State (FCS – TX) head coach K.C. Keeler is a candidate for the head coaching opening at UTEP. Keeler is 44-11 leading the Bearkats since 2014, and prior to that was the head coach at Delaware, where he went 85-52 with a national title in 2003, and two more appearances in the FCS national title game with the Blue Hens (2007 and 2010).

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

JacksFan40
December 1st, 2017, 01:37 PM
UTEP is downright terrible. He won't be able to get them past 7 wins if he went there. 7-5 would be the ceiling, barring an insane miracle.

Sammy94
December 1st, 2017, 01:42 PM
Look at the source. If Keeler is going to move it will be back east somewhere. Rumors happen every year with Keeler.

Daytripper
December 1st, 2017, 02:00 PM
Same old stuff, different season.

Anthony215
December 1st, 2017, 02:12 PM
That's a shocker especially at UTEP. At best the the 8th best option in Texas for in state recruits behind Texas, A&M, Houston, TCU, Baylor, SMU and I'll even say North Texas. And frankly I'd say SFU, Sam Houston State and UTSA are better options than UTEP. I agree if he moves again it'll be back east unless its a G5 job like Houston, Memphis or Boise State with an offer on the table for him.

JacksFan40
December 1st, 2017, 02:29 PM
That's a shocker especially at UTEP. At best the the 8th best option in Texas for in state recruits behind Texas, A&M, Houston, TCU, Baylor, SMU and I'll even say North Texas. And frankly I'd say SFU, Sam Houston State and UTSA are better options than UTEP. I agree if he moves again it'll be back east unless its a G5 job like Houston, Memphis or Boise State with an offer on the table for him.
I'd put Rice ahead of them as well.

BEAR
December 1st, 2017, 02:46 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Yl5aO3gdVfsQ0/giphy.gif

BNATION
December 1st, 2017, 03:04 PM
I wouldn't be the end of the world. I personally know a coach that would leave a power 5 coordinator job and take the head job at SHSU. Might be a step up honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katss07
December 1st, 2017, 03:26 PM
I wouldn't be the end of the world. I personally know a coach that would leave a power 5 coordinator job and take the head job at SHSU. Might be a step up honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tend to think that KC would is better fit than Mr. Longo, but I am open to anything. He isn’t leaving this offseason. I highly doubt it. This has happened every year. He isn’t going ANYWHERE.

Serpentor
December 1st, 2017, 03:57 PM
Hey WestCoastAggie, what's up with this stupid thread?

cx500d
December 1st, 2017, 05:27 PM

I'd put them behind Rice also.

Daytripper
December 1st, 2017, 05:39 PM
I'd put them behind Rice also.
Agree.

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2017, 05:50 PM
Hey WestCoastAggie, what's up with this stupid thread?
It’s stupid to ask about your coach being mentioned as a target at UTEP?

Serpentor
December 1st, 2017, 06:07 PM
It’s stupid to ask about your coach being mentioned as a target at UTEP?

Kind of... these types of discussions are a dime a dozen this time year. There's no real reason to have an exclusive discussion for this topic, why not have a catch-all for all the head coach gossip going around?

Professor Chaos
December 1st, 2017, 06:26 PM
Kind of... these types of discussions are a dime a dozen this time year. There's no real reason to have an exclusive discussion for this topic, why not have a catch-all for all the head coach gossip going around?
You mean like this one? http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?199139-Coaching-Carousel-2017-18