Bisonator
November 25th, 2017, 10:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT8sIT4vBUQ

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 10:34 PM
Let's do this!

mmiller_34
November 25th, 2017, 10:34 PM
Way to break the mold and not create a poll.

EDIT*

THERE IT IS.

Bisonator
November 25th, 2017, 10:35 PM
Way to break the mold and not create a poll.

EDIT*

THERE IT IS.
Patience sandbagger. :D

mmiller_34
November 25th, 2017, 10:40 PM
Patience sandbagger. :D

Its going to be a long week. Gotta keep piling them high.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 10:42 PM
Whatever happens San Diego has represented themselves well. I kind of wish they could play a someone other than NDSU. I'd like to see how they would stack up against SHSU, Wofford, or SUU.

katss07
November 25th, 2017, 10:43 PM
Whatever happens San Diego has represented themselves well. I kind of wish they could play a someone other than NDSU. I'd like to see how they would stack up against SHSU, Wofford, or SUU.

Any of those 3 teams would blow them out. Props to San Diego though for representing themselves well for a second straight season. Good win against NAU.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 10:48 PM
Any of those 3 teams would blow them out. Props to San Diego though for representing themselves well for a second straight season. Good win against NAU.

Wofford doesn't blow out anyone. SHSU's defense would give up points. SUU is another Big Sky team.

They beat a Big Sky team 41-10. I don't care who you are, to do that on the road is super impressive. SD really couldn't have kicked NAU's butt anymore. I think your underestimating SD's play along the lines and skill guys. Their WR's made balling plays....

FargoBison
November 25th, 2017, 10:55 PM
I think they would have issues keeping pace with SHSU. They are very different team then NAU offensively. Wofford would wear on them for an entire game, it would be a different kind of grind that they probably aren't used to. I don't think either team would have a lot of troubles with them.

Bison56
November 25th, 2017, 11:02 PM
Wofford doesn't blow out anyone. SHSU's defense would give up points. SUU is another Big Sky team.

They beat a Big Sky team 41-10. I don't care who you are, to do that on the road is super impressive. SD really couldn't have kicked NAU's butt anymore. I think your underestimating SD's play along the lines and skill guys. Their WR's made balling plays....

I don't know if you know this, but that guy is an FCS guru. He knows everything about every team.

Scooter
November 25th, 2017, 11:03 PM
I'm looking forward to the USD game next week. Congratulations on a dominating win.

Seriously...WTF UNA offensive line?!?

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 11:08 PM
I don't know if you know this, but that guy is an FCS guru. He knows everything about every team.

I thought that was woffordterrier19?

bonarae
November 25th, 2017, 11:15 PM
Another blowout should I say? Or will this game be closer this time around? xchinscratchx

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

katss07
November 25th, 2017, 11:16 PM
I thought that was woffordterrier19?

Don’t argue with that statement. I know everything...

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 11:17 PM
Another blowout should I say? Or will this game be closer this time around? xchinscratchx

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Closer...Quite frankly I think last year's game was closer than the score would leave you to believe.

katss07
November 25th, 2017, 11:36 PM
SD can score this season. Don’t only rely on a guy like Hodges. He was special, but they were kind of one dimensional. This year they can run and pass. MUCH more balanced. I would say the score will be something like 48-24 NDSU.

Bison56
November 25th, 2017, 11:39 PM
SD can score this season. Don’t only rely on a guy like Hodges. He was special, but they were kind of one dimensional. This year they can run and pass. MUCH more balanced. I would say the score will be something like 48-24 NDSU.

That's a deep analysis.

woffordgrad94
November 25th, 2017, 11:46 PM
Poor San Diego. This game really doesn’t even deserve a thread at all.

katss07
November 25th, 2017, 11:49 PM
Poor San Diego. This game really doesn’t even deserve a thread at all.

It’s really to bad. They get rewarded for another big first round win with a trip to Fargo.

katss07
November 25th, 2017, 11:52 PM
That's a deep analysis.
That was a quick prediction post on how I feel this game will end. Would you like me to go into further detail on the SD offense?

malibudude
November 26th, 2017, 02:18 AM

Poly sure as hell underestimated USD last year, they are a solid team. Still trying to get my head around the NAU game. I think NDSU wins but maybe not the best poll…how about NDSU covers by 17.5?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2017, 06:42 AM
Good win by San Diego. Going in and dismantling N Arizona at home is impressive.

As far as NDSU, San Diego does not match up well against the Bison. NDSU is nothing like N Arizona and they actually have a defense. NDSU's power running game will wear on the Toreros and this game will probably look like last year's game.

Defensively, NDSU is better than last year and I do not see USD consistently making plays against it. USD has had a nice year but it ends next Saturday.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2017, 07:16 AM
Stack the box and make Stick beat you passing......playbook for many teams this year. Can USD do it?

BisonBacker
November 26th, 2017, 07:21 AM
Stack the box and make Stick beat you passing......playbook for many teams this year. Can USD do it?

Nope

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2017, 07:38 AM
Nope

Agree. This game will be a rout.

BisonBacker
November 26th, 2017, 07:40 AM
But I wish we had their Tight End for 4 years of college ball. That kid will play on Sundays I think.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2017, 07:50 AM
NAU's OL was crap....I suspect NDSU's is just a wee bit better......xnodx

Weber and SUU are by far the best Big Fluff teams this year. Weber plays good defense and they looked good. Weber/SUU 2.0 should be a good one.

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2017, 09:33 AM
Poly sure as hell underestimated USD last year, they are a solid team. Still trying to get my head around the NAU game. I think NDSU wins but maybe not the best poll…how about NDSU covers by 17.5?
I'd be shocked if the line wasn't NDSU -20 or more. Not to say that I think it should be that but I think it will be that. I'd definitely bet on NDSU if it was -17.5 but I certainly think USD has the ability to cover that as well. If it was NDSU -24 I'd probably bet on USD to cover. I think it'll open at something like NDSU -28 (just by going off of Sagarin and Massey ratings).

As for the game itself USD needs to control the ball like they did against NAU to have a shot. NDSU is so much deeper they'll wear the USD defense down (like they did last year) unless USD's offense can sustain drives and put the ball in the end zone.

POD Knows
November 26th, 2017, 09:49 AM
It was a weird game against them last year, I remember it seemed like USD did a nice job against the run but we somehow ended up averaging 10 yard a carry or something. I don't think this USD team is as good as last years but we will see. Their dismantling of NAU was epic though, complete beat down. USD's TE and the wide receiver Priest are the real deal.

100%GRIZ
November 26th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Just hope NDSU players aren't as overconfident as everyone in this thread! Got a feeling USD is not going roll over & play dead in this one!

SSOASS
November 26th, 2017, 10:07 AM
First time poster here and a San Diego alumni

Firstly, really proud of the program in general. There was a fear that when Harbaugh left, that would really be the end of a good run with him. But if anything, they are better now and bringing in better and better talent. Depth is an issue for sure, but the starting 11 on both sides of the ball range from solid to pretty damn good.

I could see last year written off as some kind of fluke, but the game yesterday was just domination ... surprisingly at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and Martinez looks like he has a chance to be a really special RB over the next 3 years.

I do not have any allusions they will win next Saturday ... and I will be travelling and not have a chance to catch much of the game ... but I do think the selection committee should take note of 2 first round wins in a row and perhaps move San Diego a bit higher in the seeding next year, assuming they have a regular season similar to this year.

I am not saying a bye, but to the point where they are playing a 5,6,7,8 seed in the second round.

At a minimum, I think they have shown a PFL team in the playoffs is warranted

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2017, 10:27 AM
Just hope NDSU players aren't as overconfident as everyone in this thread! Got a feeling USD is not going roll over & play dead in this one!
Of course they won't. Only Big Sky teams like NAU do that.

jsualumnus
November 26th, 2017, 10:45 AM
This game will not even be close. Bison by 3 touchdowns...

FargoBison
November 26th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Just hope NDSU players aren't as overconfident as everyone in this thread! Got a feeling USD is not going roll over & play dead in this one!They didn't roll over last year and yet they lost 45-7. It is what it is.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

NDSUtk
November 26th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Of course they won't. Only Big Sky teams like NAU do that.And they did it so well too!! From the first quarter on!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2017, 11:30 AM
worse game of the week, San Diego goes to Fargo again.... yuck

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2017, 12:13 PM
worse game of the week, San Diego goes to Fargo again.... yuck

I don’t know, UNH@UCA might be bad.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2017, 12:17 PM
I don’t know, UNH@UCA might be bad.

yep, UNH is like Daddy's Lil darling spoiled entitled fat girl in Willie Wonka.....

ElCid
November 26th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Yeah this is pretty much of a screw job for SD. Thinking it may be a repeat. Maybe not as bad, but close to last year.

Daytripper
November 26th, 2017, 04:09 PM
That's a deep analysis.

He's offering more than just the snide remarks that pour out of your keyboard.

Bisonoline
November 26th, 2017, 05:02 PM
I think its going to be a good game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2017, 05:20 PM
It was a weird game against them last year, I remember it seemed like USD did a nice job against the run but we somehow ended up averaging 10 yard a carry or something. I don't think this USD team is as good as last years but we will see. Their dismantling of NAU was epic though, complete beat down. USD's TE and the wide receiver Priest are the real deal.

Those two players were good and it will be fun to watch them on Saturday.

NAU's defense was a joke and nothing compared to the Bison's.

If this is not more than 3 scores I will be surprised.

TennBison
November 26th, 2017, 05:23 PM
He's offering more than just the snide remarks that pour out of your keyboard.
You mean like the one you just gave.

FargoBison
November 26th, 2017, 05:41 PM
Those two players were good and it will be fun to watch them on Saturday.

NAU's defense was a joke and nothing compared to the Bison's.

If this is not more than 3 scores I will be surprised.

Yeah, NDSU should win by 24+

I don't want to disrespect USD, with the limitations placed upon them they have a great program but they are just over matched against a team like NDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2017, 05:48 PM

I don't want to disrespect USD, with the limitations placed upon them they have a great program but they are just over matched against a team like NDSU.

Yes, they are a good Pioneer team that beats up on inferior teams in their league. They did a great job last night against a NAU team that had no business being in the playoff field. Kudos and respect to USD for going on the road and beating a Big Fluff team with 63 schollies. I'll give that a thumbs up....xthumbsupx

As for NDSU.....NDSU will roll this team. Yes, anything can happen in a game but USD is overmatched on both sides of the ball. NDSU's defense is nothing like the porous unit last night from NAU and should have no problem defending this team. USD might have a few nice drives but NDSU is too athletic to consistently move the ball and esp score against.

USD will probably handle the noise better this time around.

Klieman never runs the score up so it might look like a close game in the 4th but I fully expect a Bison blowout against this team.

KPSUL
November 26th, 2017, 05:56 PM
yep, UNH is like Daddy's Lil darling spoiled entitled fat girl in Willie Wonka.....

Nobody thought this was funny the 4th, 5th or 6th time you posted it; but bring it over to the UNH @ UCA thread. No one wants to read your dribble even when it somehow relates to the thread, so spare the readers when it doesn't.

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2017, 06:00 PM
I think NDSU will lead by 10 through 3 quarters and then Fargodome craziness comes in and they win by 24. Let's call it 38-14 for the Bizon

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2017, 06:06 PM
I think NDSU will lead by 10 through 3 quarters and then Fargodome craziness comes in and they win by 24. Let's call it 38-14 for the Bizon
I think your prediction is solid but I don't think it'll be the Fargodome craziness that'll allow the Bison to stretch it out in the 4th quarter/2nd half. It'll be the depth of a full scholarship FCS team wearing on a non-scholarship team (unless San Diego can manage to control the ball again like they did against NAU).

ElCid
November 26th, 2017, 06:31 PM

Welcome. SSOASS. Nice to have a Pioneer poster and San Diego one. Congrats on a couple great playoff performances these last 2 years. It would be nice if they didn't send you to Fargo, but it is what it is. Good luck.

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2017, 06:50 PM
I think your prediction is solid but I don't think it'll be the Fargodome craziness that'll allow the Bison to stretch it out in the 4th quarter/2nd half. It'll be the depth of a full scholarship FCS team wearing on a non-scholarship team (unless San Diego can manage to control the ball again like they did against NAU).

I've passively watched NDSU scores in the playoffs in the past and the "intensely extends lead in the fourth quarter" is a common trope

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2017, 07:05 PM
I've passively watched NDSU scores in the playoffs in the past and the "intensely extends lead in the fourth quarter" is a common trope
That's been a theme ever since they started winning championships. I believe in 2013, which was their best team of this run, they only allowed 13 points in the 4th quarter throughout the entire 15 games of that season.

Trapper..
November 26th, 2017, 08:10 PM

No disrespect taken, I also view the Bisons as 3 TD favs. The only limitations we have is that we can't recruit good football players that are lacking on the academic side of the ball. The players receive twice the amount of $$ in academic scholarships than the amount of a typical football scholarship at a state school. It's just hard to build depth using this method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scooter
November 26th, 2017, 10:56 PM
No disrespect taken, I also view the Bisons as 3 TD favs. The only limitations we have is that we can't recruit good football players that are lacking on the academic side of the ball. The players receive twice the amount of $$ in academic scholarships than the amount of a typical football scholarship at a state school. It's just hard to build depth using this method.

This is exactly why USD is dangerous. Intelligent players when teamed with a good coach are always dangerous.
However, NDSU gets very talented players but often pass on ones that don't fit the program mold. Academics are a key part of the NDSU model and a big reason why they seem to make adjustments and pull away from teams. SDSU also is dangerous for this reason. Both of these MVFC teams have a very good RPI rating and are a huge factor in the success of these two schools. U of San Diego would be a tough game for a majority of the playoff field.

Trapper..
November 27th, 2017, 12:53 AM
This is exactly why USD is dangerous. Intelligent players when teamed with a good coach are always dangerous.
However, NDSU gets very talented players but often pass on ones that don't fit the program mold. Academics are a key part of the NDSU model and a big reason why they seem to make adjustments and pull away from teams. SDSU also is dangerous for this reason. Both of these MVFC teams have a very good RPI rating and are a huge factor in the success of these two schools. U of San Diego would be a tough game for a majority of the playoff field.

A smart team that executes can hang in a game against a better team longer than they should be able to sometimes. Especially if they can sustain drives and make sure the stronger opponent is starting their drives at their own end of the field. I'm going to assume that NDSU has several players from your area that could easily play in the power 5 conferences if those schools recruited your area more heavily. And probably some guys that choose to stay their because it is a big time program. I wish I could make the game this weekend, I'd love to see the atmosphere there.

Trapper..
November 27th, 2017, 01:01 AM

NAU was out coached, simply schooled. SD players wanted it more.

Daytripper
November 27th, 2017, 06:20 AM
You mean like the one you just gave.

Yes. xeyebrowx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2017, 06:35 AM

For some of the field for sure. Top 8 or 12 would/will handle USD pretty easily IMO.

I think this game is going to be worse than last year IMO. The Bison offense is better and so is the defense. USD played a great game on Saturday but NAU played horrible to skew that result IMO.

Bison in a rout.

Utgrizfan
November 27th, 2017, 07:30 AM

Firstly, really proud of the program in general. There was a fear that when Harbaugh left, that would really be the end of a good run with him. But if anything, they are better now and bringing in better and better talent. Depth is an issue for sure, but the starting 11 on both sides of the ball range from solid to pretty damn good.

I could see last year written off as some kind of fluke, but the game yesterday was just domination ... surprisingly at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and Martinez looks like he has a chance to be a really special RB over the next 3 years.

I do not have any allusions they will win next Saturday ... and I will be travelling and not have a chance to catch much of the game ... but I do think the selection committee should take note of 2 first round wins in a row and perhaps move San Diego a bit higher in the seeding next year, assuming they have a regular season similar to this year.

I am not saying a bye, but to the point where they are playing a 5,6,7,8 seed in the second round.

At a minimum, I think they have shown a PFL team in the playoffs is warranted

I would really like to see you guys join the Big Sky, personally I feel the move would benefit both parties. You would get lots of California rivals and less travel expenses and we could then schedule based on 2 Divisons rather then the rivals system currently in place:

NORTH:
-Montana, MSU, EWU, Idaho, ISU, UNC, PSU

SOUTH:
-Sac State, Cal Poly, UC-Davis, USD, NAU, SUU, WSU

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2017, 07:33 AM
Nobody thought this was funny the 4th, 5th or 6th time you posted it; but bring it over to the UNH @ UCA thread. No one wants to read your dribble even when it somehow relates to the thread, so spare the readers when it doesn't.

lighten up Marty, you'll be able to land another job next year

POD Knows
November 27th, 2017, 09:00 AM
10 people picked USD in this game? Interesting.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2017, 09:06 AM
San Diego has a very active Defense with some good players if not a great few, they really exposed Northern Arizona and that was surprising, but to pick San Diego over North Dakota State is just crazy, I'm just hoping they can stay in it until the second half, anyway if I remember, they played well early in the game last year in Fargo....very early...

anyway, those 10 picks are probably just anti Bison guys

Bison56
November 27th, 2017, 09:12 AM
10 people picked USD in this game? Interesting.

Its called hate.

POD Knows
November 27th, 2017, 09:51 AM
Its called hate.It is penis envy.

Bison56
November 27th, 2017, 09:54 AM
It is penis envy.

Likely a small part of it.

BNATION
November 27th, 2017, 09:54 AM
This will be ugly... 56-6, only that because the Bison are winded from breaking 70 yard runs...

Winterborn
November 27th, 2017, 09:59 AM
My only thought to bring to this discussion is I hope the cheerleaders/cheer squad and some of the fans are good looking. I am tired of the typical Midwest prototype. xtwocentsxxtwocentsx

97Torero
November 27th, 2017, 01:27 PM
I would really like to see you guys join the Big Sky, personally I feel the move would benefit both parties. You would get lots of California rivals and less travel expenses and we could then schedule based on 2 Divisons rather then the rivals system currently in place:

NORTH:

SOUTH:

While i would love to see San Diego go full scholly and join the Big Sky, i just don't see it happening, even though it would mean growth in other sports as well. All other sports are in the WCC, so they'd be looking at football only memberships and I am not sure the Big Sky would even do that.

It would be nice to be able to go to away games without getting on an airplane. As it is, distance is the main reason some of my fellow alumni have passed two years in a row on the NDSU game. 24 hour drive or $700 airfare. Maybe we should just make plans next year for the 2nd round in Fargo. It will be an annual event.

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2017, 02:27 PM
Well, seems like a couple NDSU players decided to be boneheads during the bye week:

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/935237428897513473

All of those guys were just depth at this point but two (Van Dellen and Engel) were redshirt freshman who were in line to contribute over the next few years. No details from Klieman beyond saying it was a violation of team rules. Must not have been very good to justify an immediate dismissal. Good for coach for dropping the hammer though. Hopefully it sends a message.

CappinHard
November 27th, 2017, 02:32 PM
NDSU set as 26.5 favorites according to 5dimes, total at 47.5. NDSU should cover easy as long as they don't look past San Diego.

POD Knows
November 27th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Well, seems like a couple NDSU players decided to be boneheads during the bye week:

All of those guys were just depth at this point but two (Van Dellen and Engel) were redshirt freshman who were in line to contribute over the next few years. No details from Klieman beyond saying it was a violation of team rules. Must not have been very good to justify an immediate dismissal. Good for coach for dropping the hammer though. Hopefully it sends a message.
Dismissal, like in gone forever?

BisonBacker
November 27th, 2017, 02:40 PM

Like in "YES" "KAPUT" "FINISHED". Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out done!

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2017, 02:41 PM
Yep. Gone from NDSU's football program forever at least.

BisonBacker
November 27th, 2017, 02:41 PM
Like in off the roster already. NDSU didn't waste anytime in that!

CappinHard
November 27th, 2017, 02:42 PM

https://media2.giphy.com/media/EkDhogNB3yo3C/giphy.gif

NDSUtk
November 27th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Two more scholarships opened up for next year! Time to get another receiver!

Do they go to ISUr or Youngstown? That's the real question! Just joking, fans.

BisonBacker
November 27th, 2017, 02:50 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/hEwkspP1OllJK/giphy.gif

dewey
November 27th, 2017, 02:52 PM
I wonder what those kids did to get booted as Van Dellen was potentially the backup quarterback next year and Engel was a tall receiver that could have made contributions in the future.

Dewey

Bisonator
November 27th, 2017, 02:55 PM

Bo and Brock are already in contact.xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what those kids did to get booted as Van Dellen was potentially the backup quarterback next year and Engel was a tall receiver that could have made contributions in the future.

Dewey
I don't think it's hard to connect the dots.

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2017, 02:56 PM

Dewey

Edit: It sounds like a multiple time failed drug test.

One of our top DBs, Jimmy Moreland, was dismissed from the team by Everett Withers and was later reinstated by Mike Houston prior to his first year after Moreland took a year off from the program. He came back as a walk-on. I want to say it was some petty larceny charge.

POD Knows
November 27th, 2017, 03:00 PM
Yep. Gone from NDSU's football program forever at least.What, did they freaking kill somebody or something. When was the last time this happened?

BreakEvenPeach
November 27th, 2017, 03:06 PM
The ones kicked off were second time offenders for drug use and the one suspended was a first time offense

IBleedYellow
November 27th, 2017, 03:06 PM
What, did they freaking kill somebody or something. When was the last time this happened?

Doesn't matter. Cut the bad seeds out of the system before they spread.

Zero Tolerance. Coach K said they gone - then moved on. That's it. The end.

They aren't on any county lists in ND...try checking MN if you want.

3 scholarships just opened up. Next man up.

TheKingpin28
November 27th, 2017, 03:09 PM

Wow! To be outright dismissed is not good at all.

CappinHard
November 27th, 2017, 03:10 PM
NDSU set as 26.5 favorites according to 5dimes, total at 47.5. NDSU should cover easy as long as they don't look past San Diego.

Already up to 29.5.

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2017, 03:12 PM
The ones kicked off were second time offenders for drug use and the one suspended was a first time offense

If it's drugs, isn't the NCAA suspension a half a season, or 5.5 games?

BreakEvenPeach
November 27th, 2017, 03:17 PM

You are probably right, im really not sure. But it appears NDSU must have a “2 strikes and you’re out system”

IBleedYellow
November 27th, 2017, 03:20 PM
In other news:

Brock Spack reportedly in contact with 3 former Bison scholarship players.

IBleedYellow
November 27th, 2017, 03:22 PM

If the University testing caught them - the NCAA doesn't require those suspensions.

http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-institute/topics/frequently-asked-questions-about-drug-testing

Who is responsible for testing student-athletes?
The NCAA and its member schools share the responsibility of not only testing, but also educating student-athletes to prevent drug usage. The NCAA conducts testing at its championships, and year round on campus in Division I and II programs. In addition, the majority of institutions conduct their own institutional testing programs independent of NCAA drug testing. The NCAA spends more than $6 million annually on drug testing and education in an effort to deter the use of banned and harmful substances.

What is the penalty for failing a school-administered drug test?
Each NCAA member school is responsible for determining whether to establish an institutional drug-testing program, at which time the school would be responsible for determining applicable penalties. If a testing program is established, though, the school is obligated to enforce the penalties. Failure to do so can lead to NCAA sanctions.

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2017, 03:24 PM
So school ran tests instead of the NCAA ones. Better to catch it before the association does I guess. Thanks.

BreakEvenPeach
November 27th, 2017, 03:28 PM
NDSU slim at backup QB now. Hope that doesnt change how they run Easton. Hes very dynamic with his legs

Bisonator
November 27th, 2017, 03:31 PM
What, did they freaking kill somebody or something. When was the last time this happened?
Not that long ago actually. I don't think it was announced though, they simply disappeared. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

NDSU slim at backup QB now. Hope that doesnt change how they run Easton. Hes very dynamic with his legs
Davis is back now so we're good.

POD Knows
Doesn't matter. Cut the bad seeds out of the system before they spread.

Zero Tolerance. Coach K said they gone - then moved on. That's it. The end.

They aren't on any county lists in ND...try checking MN if you want.

3 scholarships just opened up. Next man up.I don't really care that they are gone but I can't remember the last time this happened at NDSU, maybe it happens all the time and I haven't noticed.

Bisonoline

Schools dont have follow that as a maximum punishment.

BreakEvenPeach
November 27th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Not that long ago actually. I don't think it was announced though, they simply disappeared. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Davis is back now so we're good.

Oh awesome, that helps alot then.

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 27th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Has anybody heard the rumor Klieman is going to Nebraska as Defensive coordinator for Frost, if he is hired?

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 27th, 2017, 03:45 PM
NDSU now 29.5 point favorite on 5 dimes.

Bisonoline
November 27th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Has anybody heard the rumor Klieman is going to Nebraska as Defensive coordinator for Frost, if he is hired?

No rumor that he is going. Amongst the bar BS of course there has been talk of where he might go if there was an opportunity he liked. You always listen to an offer. Not that there has been one.

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2017, 03:54 PM
I haven't but that doesn't really add up. Frost's DC at UCF, Erik Chinader (http://ucfknights.com/coaches.aspx?rc=920&path=football), followed him to UCF from Oregon so it seems logical he'd go with to Nebraska if Frost was hired there. Unless of course UCF tries to retain him as the HC but, given that their calling card this year is being the highest scoring offense in the country, I think they'd prefer to retain an offensive guy like OC Troy Walters if they want to promote from within.

Of course I didn't think Bohl to Wyoming added up either so what do I know?

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 27th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Nebraska fan posted it on a group I'm in.

POD Knows
November 27th, 2017, 04:19 PM
I haven't but that doesn't really add up. Frost's DC at UCF, Erik Chinader (http://ucfknights.com/coaches.aspx?rc=920&path=football), followed him to UCF from Oregon so it seems logical he'd go with to Nebraska if Frost was hired there. Unless of course UCF tries to retain him as the HC but, given that their calling card this year is being the highest scoring offense in the country, I think they'd prefer to retain an offensive guy like OC Troy Walters if they want to promote from within.

Of course I didn't think Bohl to Wyoming added up either so what do I know?I am surprised UCF had a DC, you learn something new every day.

TheKingpin28
November 27th, 2017, 05:02 PM
I am surprised UCF had a DC, you learn something new every day.

xsalutex

ElCid
November 27th, 2017, 05:33 PM
11 votes for San Diego? Really? I think they did fine last week, ........but NDSU ain't NAU. I realize Pantherrob had an attack of Parkinson's when he voted, but does anyone who voted for them really think they are going to win? Did the NDSU suspensions push you over the top? xrotatehx

Terrier19
November 27th, 2017, 05:52 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21590423/north-dakota-state-bison-dismiss-three-amid-fcs-playoffs

NDSU dismisses 3 players and suspends another before the playoff game...

DetroitFlyer
November 27th, 2017, 05:55 PM
Make it 12 for USD. Any given Saturday, or so they say. San Diego learned from last year and I expect a very competitive game that could go their way with a break or two.

cx500d
November 27th, 2017, 05:58 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21590423/north-dakota-state-bison-dismiss-three-amid-fcs-playoffs

NDSU dismisses 3 players and suspends another before the playoff game...

Wow...Wonder what happened here. Only one I know heard of from the dismissed is Van Dellen. He was supposed to be the next Wentz, I thought but don't know too much about him. The suspended WR Dallas Freeman has made some catches; given our somewhat weak receiving corps, that will hurt the most I think.

BreakEvenPeach
November 27th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Wow...Wonder what happened here. Only one I know heard of from the dismissed is Van Dellen. He was supposed to be the next Wentz, I thought but don't know too much about him. The suspended WR Dallas Freeman has made some catches; given our somewhat weak receiving corps, that will hurt the most I think.

A couple failed drug tests. The three that were let go, it was their second one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2017, 08:27 PM

The kid from Marshall coming in would have beaten Van Dellen out. Lance is the real deal. He starts as a RFR IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

xlolx....12 jokers think USD is going to win this....xcrazyx

Utgrizfan
November 27th, 2017, 08:49 PM
While i would love to see San Diego go full scholly and join the Big Sky, i just don't see it happening, even though it would mean growth in other sports as well. All other sports are in the WCC, so they'd be looking at football only memberships and I am not sure the Big Sky would even do that.

Both Cal Poly and UC-Davis are Football only members so it would be possible. Maybe start talking to some fellow Alumni about putting in for Scholarships perhaps or has it been brought up?

Bisonoline
November 27th, 2017, 08:50 PM
I dont pick the winner in games that NDSU is in. HEnce my non vote. But USD played us pretty good last year. I didnt know anything about them. This year I thought they looked good against NAU. Dont know if thats because NAU was bad or USD that much better. Combination of both maybe?
With that said I dont think we roll them and I think they make a game out of it.

centennial
November 27th, 2017, 09:37 PM
A couple failed drug tests. The three that were let go, it was their second one.

This could be it. However, how did you come across this information?

dewey
November 27th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Here is a video from the Bison Media Blog about the USD vs. NDSU game plus also the 3 dismissals and 1 suspension.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bison-video-blog-san-diego-preview/

Dewey

Bisonoline
November 27th, 2017, 10:02 PM

Since Coach K didnt release this information due to privacy laws did you obtain a release to do so?

Redbird 4th & short
November 27th, 2017, 10:43 PM

Oh oh oh .. I hope they pick ISUr !!!

Because it would sure improve their chance of graduating on time ... noting ISU was won MVFC APR award 3 straight years now, and YSU was dead last 2 of 3 years. But yeah, ISUr and YSU ... just like 2 peas in a pod xeyebrowx .

So in case some missed or forgot .. or hell, let me just remind you all xdrunkyx . It is not easy getting all those parolees and ex-convicts to show up to class, much less graduate. :D

Here are this years 2015-16 results:

Sport School State Academic Year Multi-Year Rate
Football Illinois State University IL 2015-2016 969
Football Missouri State University MO 2015-2016 966
Football North Dakota State University ND 2015-2016 964
Football University of Northern Iowa IA 2015-2016 963
Football University of South Dakota SD 2015-2016 963
Football South Dakota State University SD 2015-2016 957
Football Western Illinois University IL 2015-2016 952
Football Southern Illinois University at Carbondale IL 2015-2016 950
Football Indiana State University IN 2015-2016 948
Football Youngstown State University OH 2015-2016 936

Here are 2014-15 results:

Football Illinois State University IL 2014-2015 970
Football University of Northern Iowa IA 2014-2015 965
Football South Dakota State University SD 2014-2015 955
Football University of South Dakota SD 2014-2015 954
Football Missouri State University MO 2014-2015 952
Football Indiana State University IN 2014-2015 951
Football North Dakota State University ND 2014-2015 951
Football Western Illinois University IL 2014-2015 949
Football Southern Illinois University at Carbondale IL 2014-2015 944
Football Youngstown State University OH 2014-2015 935

Here are 2013-14 results:

Football Illinois State University IL 2013-2014 972
Football University of Northern Iowa IA 2013-2014 962
Football South Dakota State University SD 2013-2014 955
Football North Dakota State University ND 2013-2014 953
Football University of South Dakota SD 2013-2014 949
Football Western Illinois University IL 2013-2014 947
Football Indiana State University IN 2013-2014 945
Football Southern Illinois University at Carbondale IL 2013-2014 944
Football Youngstown State University OH 2013-2014 943
Football Missouri State University MO 2013-2014 939

dewey
November 28th, 2017, 06:47 AM
Here is an article from Mike McFeely about the 3 players from NDSU that were dismissed and the 1 that was suspended.

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2017/11/27/klieman-mum-about-dismissals-getting-rumor-mill-going/

Here is the color map for this weekends game. Bisonoline make sure to where the right color:D

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26631&stc=1

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2017, 07:13 AM
Here is an article from Mike McFeely about the 3 players from NDSU that were dismissed and the 1 that was suspended.

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2017/11/27/klieman-mum-about-dismissals-getting-rumor-mill-going/

Here is the color map for this weekends game. Bisonoline make sure to where the right color:D

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26631&stc=1

Dewey
Random unrealated question:

Where on that map is the visitors seating and where do the other team's bands normally sit?

BNATION
November 28th, 2017, 07:16 AM
Section 24....

MR. CHICKEN
November 28th, 2017, 07:26 AM
Section 24....

...THANKY....JES' SAVED DUH BIG BYRD....MANY DUCATS....ALL DAT EXPENSE/TRAVEL....TA SIT IN DUNCE CORNERAH....FO' PRIVLEDGE UH WATCHIN' HENS.....SLOW ROASTED....NAW...xsmhx..AWK!

AmsterBison
November 28th, 2017, 07:33 AM
...THANKY....JES' SAVED DUH BIG BYRD....MANY DUCATS....ALL DAT EXPENSE/TRAVEL....TA SIT IN DUNCE CORNERAH....FO' PRIVLEDGE UH WATCHIN' HENS.....SLOW ROASTED....NAW...xsmhx..AWK!

He was joking. The visitors get better seats than that (there aren't any bad seats in the FargoDome though.)

Delaware will get a block of seats in a sideline section when they visit. Or you could go through tailgate and pick up some tickets there more than likely.

SSOASS
November 28th, 2017, 07:34 AM

NORTH:

SOUTH:

I just do not see that happening, I do not think the school has a desire to do that. You are right that it would save travel expenses, but USD costs about $65K/year to attend .. those are some expensive scholarships. I think they are content where they are in football and playing at a higher level in other sports.

I do not live in San Diego anymore, but was out there a few months ago and drove though the campus, the new baseball field is pretty spectacular, there is a fairly new and nice basketball facility, and we have generally had good women's soccer and volleyball teams.

I would say if any of you find yourselves in San Diego, take a spin through the campus, it is incredibly nice .. and a short drive from Sea World :)

SSOASS
November 28th, 2017, 07:43 AM
NDSU now 29.5 point favorite on 5 dimes.

I think we (USD) have a good shot to cover that

POD Knows
November 28th, 2017, 07:47 AM

Where on that map is the visitors seating and where do the other team's bands normally sit?Section 23, our 9 seats are in section 6 which is basically the same position in relation to the field and they are pretty good seats, there really aren't any bad seats in the building.

SSOASS
November 28th, 2017, 07:50 AM

It would be nice to be able to go to away games without getting on an airplane. As it is, distance is the main reason some of my fellow alumni have passed two years in a row on the NDSU game. 24 hour drive or $700 airfare. Maybe we should just make plans next year for the 2nd round in Fargo. It will be an annual event.

The few times it has come it, it seems the school as no desire to make football a scholarship program. I think the other sports are better in the WCC. particularly baseball and basketball.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2017, 07:55 AM

Where on that map is the visitors seating and where do the other team's bands normally sit?
I don't recall an opposing school ever bringing a band. I would suspect they would try to cram everything into the normal section 23 visitors section but I don't know if that would be enough per the NCAA guidelines. I believe there's only about 500-600 seats total in that section.

If JSU does come to Fargo for the semis and wants to bring their band I think the NDSU ticket office will have to do some mental gymnastics to move around season ticket holders they'd have to displace.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2017, 08:02 AM
I don't recall an opposing school ever bringing a band. I would suspect they would try to cram everything into the normal section 23 visitors section but I don't know if that would be enough per the NCAA guidelines. I believe there's only about 500-600 seats total in that section.

If JSU does come to Fargo for the semis and wants to bring their band I think the NDSU ticket office will have to do some mental gymnastics to move around season ticket holders they'd have to displace.
Well, if we do come as a full group (no means confirmed), the Southerners alone would take up 500+ seats.

We are however guaranteed bringing a 100 member band if the full Southerners don't go and we make it that far.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2017, 08:07 AM
Well, if we do come, the Southerners alone would take up 500 seats.

Are they chairback seats with arms arms or are they bench seats?
Chairbacks with arms.

You know now that I think about it I think Wofford might have brought their band in 2012. I faintly remember instruments scattered around in section 23 for that game. That band wasn't nearly as large as JSU's was though so it didn't fill the whole section and at that time there were still a few visitor seats right behind the visitor bench in section 16.

It actually wouldn't be that hard for NDSU to move some season ticket holders in section 22 if necessary now that I think about it. The students never use their full allotment during the playoffs (sections 10-16) so they usually sell several of those sections to the general public. Guessing they could just relocate some season ticket holders there for that game.

BNATION
November 28th, 2017, 08:10 AM
Professor, i have a question. Say SH gets by JSU in the quarters, what is your prediction for the SH NDSU matchup, and the JSU NDSU matchup.

BisonFanAnn
November 28th, 2017, 08:16 AM
SHSU brought a small band in 2014. They joined the GSMB on the field at halftime to do some Christmas songs. The GSMB (in green) formed the outline of a Christmas tree, and the SHSU band members (in orange) were the ornaments.

MR. CHICKEN
November 28th, 2017, 08:17 AM
He was joking. The visitors get better seats than that (there aren't any bad seats in the FargoDome though.)

Delaware will get a block of seats in a sideline section when they visit. Or you could go through tailgate and pick up some tickets there more than likely.

....DUH CHICKEN IS UH TRUSTIN' SOUL........AH'VE SENT DUH IRS....MAH BACK TAXES..........MAH NEPHEW NEEDED BAIL...IN MONTREAL....PAID IT.........AN' SENT MAH COMPUTER INFO....TA SOME INDIAN GUY....TA REPAIR MAH FIREWALL.........AN' YER TELLIN' ME....DUH SAM HOUSTON PERV.......WAS JOKIN'......xconfusedx.......AWK!

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Professor, i have a question. Say SH gets by JSU in the quarters, what is your prediction for the SH NDSU matchup, and the JSU NDSU matchup.
Well, I'm a homer so I'd expect the Bison to beat both. I think I'd put SHSU as my preferred opponent just because I think the Bison match up better against teams with a strong offense and weaker defense than vice versa. As of right now I'm still not sold that JSU is as good as their seed indicates since they have yet to play a top 25 FCS team IMO. But if they beat Kennesaw and SHSU to get to the semis I'd say they've sufficiently put those doubts to rest.

So my "shot in the dark homer prediction" for an NDSU/SHSU semi would be 38-24 Bison and for the NDSU/JSU semi I'll say 23-13 Bison.

BNATION
November 28th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Agreed I would have the Bison favored in both games. I'm excited for the possible SHSU JSU quarter game. 14' SHSU wins 37-26, 15' JSU wins 62-10. Tie breaker this year sounds right.

Well, I'm a homer so I'd expect the Bison to beat both. I think I'd put SHSU as my preferred opponent just because I think the Bison match up better against teams with a strong offense and weaker defense than vice versa. As of right now I'm still not sold that JSU is as good as their seed indicates since they have yet to play a top 25 FCS team IMO. But if they beat Kennesaw and SHSU to get to the semis I'd say they've sufficiently put those doubts to rest.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2017, 08:27 AM
....DUH CHICKEN IS UH TRUSTIN' SOUL........AH'VE SENT DUH IRS....MAH BACK TAXES..........MAH NEPHEW NEEDED BAIL...IN MONTREAL....PAID IT.........AN' SENT MAH COMPUTER INFO....TA SOME INDIAN GUY....TA REPAIR MAH FIREWALL.........AN' YER TELLIN' ME....DUH SAM HOUSTON PERV.......WAS JOKIN'......xconfusedx.......AWK!

just hilarious Mr Chicken

Redbird 4th & short
November 28th, 2017, 08:45 AM

Mr Chicken,

Your insights on AGS are always .. uh .. insightful .. and humorous. Been meaning to ask you to settle this very confusing matter for us ignorant city dwellers, regarding your kind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97DKYE4ezm8

IBleedYellow
November 28th, 2017, 08:49 AM
I saw with just put JSU's band in the Student section seats.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2017, 08:58 AM
I saw with just put JSU's band in the Student section seats.
That would make sense also but then they'd be awful close to NDSU's Gold Star Marching Band. If the GSMB was better it might be fun to give us a little "battle of the bands" action during timeouts but, in this instance, the GSMB would be like Custer at Little Bighorn.

walliver
November 28th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Chairbacks with arms.

You know now that I think about it I think Wofford might have brought their band in 2012. I faintly remember instruments scattered around in section 23 for that game. That band wasn't nearly as large as JSU's was though so it didn't fill the whole section and at that time there were still a few visitor seats right behind the visitor bench in section 16.

It actually wouldn't be that hard for NDSU to move some season ticket holders in section 22 if necessary now that I think about it. The students never use their full allotment during the playoffs (sections 10-16) so they usually sell several of those sections to the general public. Guessing they could just relocate some season ticket holders there for that game.

What is this "band" thing of which you speak? We don't have one, and don't want that kind of people on our campus:).
Furman has one, but it doesn't travel much.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2017, 09:13 AM
That would make sense also but then they'd be awful close to NDSU's Gold Star Marching Band. If the GSMB was better it might be fun to give us a little "battle of the bands" action during timeouts but, in this instance, the GSMB would be like Custer at Little Bighorn.
TBH, if the full Southerners come, it won't matter where in the stadium we are.

We might break your decibel record.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2017, 09:13 AM
What is this "band" thing of which you speak? We don't have one, and don't want that kind of people on our campus:).
Furman has one, but it doesn't travel much.
Haha, my apologies. I must've been confusing you guys with SHSU in 2014 when they brought their band like a previous poster alluded to.

I'm going to see if I can find a sensitivity class to take to understand how to better handle situations like these. No one should ever be subjected to being falsely associated with band.... it's just inhuman.

BNATION
November 28th, 2017, 09:15 AM
xlolx

Haha, my apologies. I must've been confusing you guys with SHSU in 2014 when they brought their band like a previous poster alluded to.

I'm going to see if I can find a sensitivity class to take to understand how to better handle situations like these. No one should ever be subjected to being falsely associated with band.... it's just inhuman.

POD Knows
November 28th, 2017, 09:20 AM

We might break your decibel record.The band isn't welcome unless JSU gives up all of their fan seating in section 23 but I doubt that a 500 man band positioned next to these blue haired folks in section 22 would be welcomed. :D

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2017, 09:22 AM
The band isn't welcome unless JSU gives up all of their fan seating in section 23 but I doubt that a 500 man band positioned next to these blue haired folks in section 22 would be welcomed. :D
Unfortunately I think it's in the NCAA Championship handbook that if the visiting school wants to bring its band to a playoff game the host school has to provide them with seats that are separate from that visiting school's normal allotment. What I don't know is what the limit is or if there is one for number of spots that the band can take up.

POD Knows
November 28th, 2017, 09:33 AM
Unfortunately I think it's in the NCAA Championship handbook that if the visiting school wants to bring its band to a playoff game the host school has to provide them with seats that are separate from that visiting school's normal allotment. What I don't know is what the limit is or if there is one for number of spots that the band can take up.Really?? How the hell would that work, what % of the seats are reserved and how would you get a block or section that could seat several hundred band members if they chose to bring them. Would you move people out of reserved seats and reposition them? I think a 100 could probably be handled but if they decide to bring the entire band and the NCAA required that we comply with that request, it could get pretty interesting.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Really?? How the hell would that work, what % of the seats are reserved and how would you get a block or section that could seat several hundred band members if they chose to bring them. Would you move people out of reserved seats and reposition them? I think a 100 could probably be handled but if they decide to bring the entire band and the NCAA required that we comply with that request, it could get pretty interesting.
Agreed that it could get interesting. It's up to the host institution to find the seats for them I believe. Like I said earlier, with how half of the student section is almost always sold to the general public for playoff games there are spots to relocate season ticket holders to or, like IBY suggested, just put the opposing school's band there (which would get interesting in itself to have them surround by NDSU students).

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2017, 09:38 AM
POD gets to share a seat with the Tuba player

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2017, 09:51 AM
Agreed that it could get interesting. It's up to the host institution to find the seats for them I believe. Like I said earlier, with how half of the student section is almost always sold to the general public for playoff games there are spots to relocate season ticket holders to or, like IBY suggested, just put the opposing school's band there (which would get interesting in itself to have them surround by NDSU students).

We can start a yelling contest with the student section. xlolx

POD Knows
November 28th, 2017, 10:00 AM
We can start a yelling contest with the student section. xlolxThe students leave at halftime regardless of what the score is so you would have most of that section to yourself later in the game.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2017, 10:04 AM
The students leave at halftime regardless of what the score is so you would have most of that section to yourself later in the game.
I'm glad we aren't the only one with that problem. xcoffeex

BNATION
November 28th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Ours barely show up to begin with so you have that going for you.

Bison56
November 28th, 2017, 10:29 AM
POD gets to share a seat with the Tuba player

xlolx

TheKingpin28
November 28th, 2017, 10:43 AM
xlolx

I would love to see that go down.

TheKingpin28
November 28th, 2017, 10:45 AM
The students leave at halftime regardless of what the score is so you would have most of that section to yourself later in the game.

I'm glad we aren't the only one with that problem. xcoffeex

I member back in the day when I would sit over there, back before NDSU won a championship or 5, and we would actually stay. Back when the fanatics showed up in droves and the Fargodome was so loud your ears would ring for hours after the game.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyrTLElWIAEWVE_.jpg

UpstateBison
November 28th, 2017, 10:53 AM
A

Bisonator
November 28th, 2017, 11:17 AM
JSU's band can be placed in the corners. :D

IBleedYellow
November 28th, 2017, 11:36 AM
I member back in the day when I would sit over there, back before NDSU won a championship or 5, and we would actually stay. Back when the fanatics showed up in droves and the Fargodome was so loud your ears would ring for hours after the game.

Oh shutup. That's never happened.

I went to school with you. We both know you're lying.

dewey
November 28th, 2017, 11:40 AM

So my "shot in the dark homer prediction" for an NDSU/SHSU semi would be 38-24 Bison and for the NDSU/JSU semi I'll say 23-13 Bison.

Very good analysis off the cuff PC. I would agree with your statements and predicted score.

Dewey

POD Knows
November 28th, 2017, 11:57 AM
POD gets to share a seat with the Tuba playerIf she is hot, I am in

POD Knows
November 28th, 2017, 12:00 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyrTLElWIAEWVE_.jpgI have been going to the home games since I moved to the Fargo area back in 2007, students always leave early, it is what they do. The ones that sit low in the stands will stay longer but students are usually the first ones out of the building. It is what it is.

TheKingpin28
November 28th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Oh shutup. That's never happened.

I went to school with you. We both know you're lying.

It was way better than what it was. No I am not lying. We could actually convince students to stay. Now almost all are gone by halftime but back then a majority would stay through the game. I never once said it was full, but continue to deceive yourself.

IBleedYellow
November 28th, 2017, 12:19 PM
It was way better than what it was. No I am not lying. We could actually convince students to stay. Now almost all are gone by halftime but back then a majority would stay through the game. I never once said it was full, but continue to deceive yourself.

https://giphy.com/gifs/iron-man-eye-roll-disgust-qmfpjpAT2fJRK

Holy ****. No. Just. No.

Do I need to get off your lawn, too?

TheKingpin28
November 28th, 2017, 12:21 PM
https://giphy.com/gifs/iron-man-eye-roll-disgust-qmfpjpAT2fJRK

Holy ****. No. Just. No.

Do I need to get off your lawn, too?

I guess we view things differently. I won't lose sleep over it.

BisonFan02
November 28th, 2017, 12:22 PM

You are so full of **** it isn't even funny anymore.

TheKingpin28
November 28th, 2017, 12:28 PM
You are so full of **** it isn't even funny anymore.

Please do tell. I want to know what I have said that is "so full of ****". I had a gaffe about Beck and I owned up to it. Outside of that, I would beg to differ.

BisonFan02
November 28th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Please do tell. I want to know what I have said that is "so full of ****". I had a gaffe about Beck and I owned up to it. Outside of that, I would beg to differ.

........check the quote about student attendance amongst others. It is complete bull****.

TheRevSFA
November 28th, 2017, 12:33 PM
xpopcornx

Serpentor
November 28th, 2017, 12:35 PM

Students don't normally get kicked off the team for the first time using drugs, odds are these fellows had some sort of toxic background on campus that the coaching staff already knew about and this was the final straw.

IBleedYellow
November 28th, 2017, 12:58 PM

Let's add even more context to this:
Stats from NDSU - http://www.gobison.com/sports/2013/6/5/fbstats.aspx

7 Games

5 Games

8 Games

Sorry, but we haven't consistently sold out since the Championships started. The students were part of the difference in those totals, too.

TheKingpin28
November 28th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Let's add even more context to this:
Stats from NDSU - http://www.gobison.com/sports/2013/6/5/fbstats.as (http://www.gobison.com/sports/2013/6/5/fbstats.as:)

7 Games

5 Games

8 Games

Sorry, but we haven't consistently sold out since the Championships started. The students were part of the difference in those totals, too.

Link is broken.

IBleedYellow
November 28th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Link is broken.

Google hard to use?

http://www.gobison.com/sports/2013/6/5/fbstats.aspx

Redbird 4th & short
November 28th, 2017, 02:42 PM
Since Coach K didnt release this information due to privacy laws did you obtain a release to do so?

circling wagons ? Why would you be more concerned with how information was obtained ? is it because of the revelation that apparently NDSU football believes in giving kids 2nd chances .. which contradicts the whole "zero tolerance" culture that is widely claimed and used to look down noses at ISU. I have no issue with coaches doling out 2nd chances and their own punishments. And I don't doubt NDSU program integrity at all .. but, it is not zero tolerance if this poster is correct.

But your more interested in going after the mole, than what the mole revealed ... how convenient.

Bisonoline
November 28th, 2017, 02:46 PM
circling wagons ? Why would you be more concerned with how information was obtained ? is it because of the revelation that apparently NDSU football believes in giving kids 2nd chances .. which contradicts the whole "zero tolerance" culture that is widely claimed and used to look down noses at ISU. I have no issue with coaches doling out 2nd chances and their own punishments. And I don't doubt NDSU program integrity at all .. but, it is not zero tolerance if this poster is correct.

But your more interested in going after the mole, than what the mole revealed ... how convenient.

Not at all. It all has to do with the CORRECT information. Somebody sprouting up on a message board spouting private information always gives me pause. Now you and others are extrapolation all sorts of meaning and questioning policy etc etc. Youve already done that in your post.
But you look at it as circling the wagons? yeah ok.

Gil Dobie
November 28th, 2017, 02:51 PM

There are plenty of seats beyond season ticket holders, that they could reserve prior to ticket being sold to the public.

Professor Chaos
November 28th, 2017, 02:56 PM
There are plenty of seats beyond season ticket holders, that they could reserve prior to ticket being sold to the public.
True but those are all in the upper end zones and I think less than 200 seats per section. Regardless, they'll figure it out if they need to.

Redbird 4th & short
November 28th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Not at all. It all has to do with the CORRECT information. Somebody sprouting up on a message board spouting private information always gives me pause. Now you and others are extrapolation all sorts of meaning and questioning policy etc etc. Youve already done that in your post.
But you look at it as circling the wagons? yeah ok.

Yep, this is what that feels like x 100 if you're Redbird football fan.

Bisonoline
November 28th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Yep, this is what that feels like x 100 if you're Redbird football fan.

I guess you see that a lot where youre from. Makes sense.

WTFCollegefootballfan
November 28th, 2017, 03:52 PM
NDSU favored by 30 now.

https://www.5dimes.eu/livelines/livelines.aspx#al_3

Winterborn
November 28th, 2017, 03:58 PM

We can start a yelling contest with the student section. xlolx

Please bring the band and get put in the student section. You would have to yell, because the tubas would be plugged up with those little foam footballs that get tossed around before the game. Popcorn would be thrown, and who knows what else would get snuck into the game and used as ammo. Probably a lot of mini shooters. :D Hell, I would go sit in the student section just for the entertainment.

Redbird 4th & short
November 28th, 2017, 04:36 PM
I guess you see that a lot where youre from. Makes sense.

it's seems to have toned down considerably since I've been boasting about how we won 3 straight MVFC APRs. but we still get the snide comments, like recent Bison poster on this thread who lumped us in with YSU in suggesting we would scoop them up. Now I know he was partly joking, but his joke reflected his perception .. and his perception is not close to reality. Spack does give some kids 2nd chances, but holds his student-athletes very accountable on and off the field. He's earned that right better than most coaches, just like Klieman has.

Anyway, I have nothing but respect for NDSU program and Coach Klieman. And wasn't really trying to call you out .. just happened to be a fellow Bison poster who lumped us in with YSU, and then you questioned source of info.

Side note and back on topic .. I'm thinking San Diego has quietly become a pretty good team the last 2 years, and will be better than team you faced a year ago. Klieman no doubt will remember they hung tough for a half, though NDSU likely was not primed for huge game and possibly played your B game a year ago. Just saying, I would expect a better San Diego team this year. They are still playing with nothing to lose.

Gil Dobie
November 28th, 2017, 04:37 PM
True but those are all in the upper end zones and I think less than 200 seats per section. Regardless, they'll figure it out if they need to.

I think SDSU had a band up in the endzone, maybe close to 10 years ago.

SSOASS
November 28th, 2017, 05:29 PM
Side note and back on topic .. I'm thinking San Diego has quietly become a pretty good team the last 2 years, and will be better than team you faced a year ago. Klieman no doubt will remember they hung tough for a half, though NDSU likely was not primed for huge game and possibly played your B game a year ago. Just saying, I would expect a better San Diego team this year. They are still playing with nothing to lose.

USD has the advantage of having been here before, last year was a bit of "happy to be here" .. this year, I think they think they have a shot. it would obviously be a massive upset and is unlikely ... but I am sure USD will give it their best effort and make it a competitive game.

If they can run at least effectively to control the clock, hit on a couple big plays, and minimize NDSU's big plays .. they have a shot. The difference is USD has zero margin for error and and NDSU has a pretty sizable margin of error.

In any case, I am happy they are here 2 years in a row, it is a big step for the program and something to keep building on.

MTfan4life
November 28th, 2017, 05:44 PM

They also lost to a 5-6 Big Sky team 35-7, so it's pretty tough to try and guess how they would stack up against other teams. Their defensive line is really good, though. So, a team with a solid offensive line, might balance that out well, but one who struggles in that area is in for a long day. Jake Maier was just sacked once against San Diego while Cookus was sacked 4 times, along with several hurries and an essential change to their game plan in making him leave the pocket more. I wish I would have looked more into that stat when predicting that game instead of just seeing they lost to UC-Davis, so they'll fare the same against NAU. San Diego was strong in all of NAU's weak areas. They went after those weaknesses. That won't happen against NDSU, nor do I think it would happen against any of the teams hosting this next weekend. New Hampshire gave up nearly 50 sacks this season and had no running game whatsoever, so SD could match up with them in a similar fashion.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 28th, 2017, 06:05 PM

We might break your decibel record.

JSU has a very good band....heard them 1st hand down in Frisco. They would totally embarrass our GSMB in our own building....:(xnodx

mmiller_34
November 28th, 2017, 06:11 PM
I voted for NDSU in this poll.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2017, 07:14 PM
JSU has a very good band....heard them 1st hand down in Frisco. They would totally embarrass our GSMB in our own building....:(xnodx
Can't have that. If we make it to the semis you guys should just forfeit so we don't have to humiliate them like that. xnodx

IBleedYellow
November 28th, 2017, 10:34 PM
Can't have that. If we make it to the semis you guys should just forfeit so we don't have to humiliate them like that. xnodxI mean it's the only way your football team won't be embarrassed again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2017, 10:45 PM
I mean it's the only way your football team won't be embarrassed again.

Is it?

dewey
November 29th, 2017, 05:51 AM
Here is an article about NDSU's 26 game winning streak following a bye week.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4366139-bye-week-blockbuster-bison-have-won-26-straight-games-after-open-date

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2017, 06:01 AM
Can't have that. If we make it to the semis you guys should just forfeit so we don't have to humiliate them like that. xnodx

Nah, as a fan, I'm not too worried about the potential matchup against JSU because of their sporadic passing game. JSU will need to pass the ball to win the game.

BNATION
November 29th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Dont worry you will be playing a orange not red sporadic passing attack...

Nah, as a fan, I'm not too worried about the potential matchup against JSU because of their sporadic passing game. JSU will need to pass the ball to win the game.

JSUSoutherner
November 29th, 2017, 09:51 AM
I can live with that.

Our passing game has indeed been "meh" at times.

But against the two Valley teams we've played we're averaging 4.7 and 6.5 yards a carry and we've also had turnover issues in both games.

I think if we can get Roc going a little bit, not turn it over, and play defense we should be able to hang and hopefully make it interesting. But if we do have to lean on the passing game it might get awkward.

Gotta get there first though. xcoffeex

Gil Dobie
November 29th, 2017, 05:42 PM
Remember Bison fans, it's bad luck to post in Crapsville before your team is out of the playoffs.

Trapper..
November 29th, 2017, 05:47 PM
Vamos Toreros!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Remember Bison fans, it's bad luck to post in Crapsville before your team is out of the playoffs.

Crapsville?

BisonFan02
November 29th, 2017, 07:26 PM

This.

woffordgrad94
November 29th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Hey, if San Diego can pull the miracle of miracles here, and I’m talking more miraculous than a Hallmark movie Christmas miracle, and Wofford can down the FUR men, then USD will likely come to Wofford! That’s great news!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2017, 07:38 PM
Hey, if San Diego can pull the miracle of miracles here, and I’m talking more miraculous than a Hallmark movie Christmas miracle, and Wofford can down the FUR men, then USD will likely come to Wofford! That’s great news!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26644&stc=1

Professor Chaos
November 29th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Pretty sure I haven't even opened any Crapsville thread since December 2010. Might've last year in my post-JMU haze but I doubt it.

JSUSoutherner
November 29th, 2017, 07:55 PM
That's an interesting word choice considering USD is firmly the worst team left in this corner.

NDSUtk
November 29th, 2017, 08:15 PM
it's seems to have toned down considerably since I've been boasting about how we won 3 straight MVFC APRs. but we still get the snide comments, like recent Bison poster on this thread who lumped us in with YSU in suggesting we would scoop them up. Now I know he was partly joking, but his joke reflected his perception .. and his perception is not close to reality. Spack does give some kids 2nd chances, but holds his student-athletes very accountable on and off the field. He's earned that right better than most coaches, just like Klieman has.

Anyway, I have nothing but respect for NDSU program and Coach Klieman. And wasn't really trying to call you out .. just happened to be a fellow Bison poster who lumped us in with YSU, and then you questioned source of info.

Side note and back on topic .. I'm thinking San Diego has quietly become a pretty good team the last 2 years, and will be better than team you faced a year ago. Klieman no doubt will remember they hung tough for a half, though NDSU likely was not primed for huge game and possibly played your B game a year ago. Just saying, I would expect a better San Diego team this year. They are still playing with nothing to lose.Yup I made the comment. Can't believe you went full youngterrier with your response too. Just checking, you realize APR does not measure the character of the kids and if they are getting second chances right?

cx500d
November 29th, 2017, 08:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbQTXFJL8lo

woffordgrad94
November 29th, 2017, 08:20 PM
I HOPE you people realize that my post was made in jest! The Hallmark movie part should’ve gave it away!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2017, 08:25 PM
I HOPE you people realize that my post was made in jest! The Hallmark movie part should’ve gave it away!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26645&stc=1

Hammerhead
November 29th, 2017, 08:36 PM
It's a thin line between confidence and arrogance when your team has gone at leastas far as the quarterfinals the past 7 years and only two losses in the playoffs were to the eventual national champions.

woffordgrad94
November 29th, 2017, 08:38 PM
I agree about that thin line. Just remember- CONFIDENCE is EARNED and 100% justified! ARROGANCE is douchey and never justified! No one likes a douche!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2017, 08:48 PM
I agree about that thin line. Just remember- CONFIDENCE is EARNED and 100% justified! ARROGANCE is douchey and never justified! No one likes a douche!

Give me a break.

There hasn't been one Bison on this thread being a douche. Are we confident? Sure we are as a group and if USD beats the Bison then everyone of us will be on here tipping our hats to them.

TheKingpin28
November 29th, 2017, 09:22 PM
Give me a break.

There hasn't been one Bison on this thread being a douche. Are we confident? Sure we are as a group and if USD beats the Bison then everyone of us will be on here tipping our hats to them.

I am trying to figure out who he is mentioning. Sure some of us have heated arguments with each other but being a douche, that requires a whole lot more.

Bison56
November 29th, 2017, 10:00 PM
I will have to take your word for it.

Bisonoline
November 29th, 2017, 10:06 PM

xcoffeex

dewey
November 29th, 2017, 10:26 PM
I am trying to figure out who he is mentioning. Sure some of us have heated arguments with each other but being a douche, that requires a whole lot more.

I would guess a certain Bison fan that hasn't posted here in quite a while...thankfully.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 30th, 2017, 06:14 AM

Bison fans have more heated engagements with each other than anyone else.

I like getting neg rep from lakesbisonclown on BV every time I mention PJ Fleck is a used car salesman and will not do jack squat at U of M....xlolx

Bison56
November 30th, 2017, 09:27 AM
I miss the GSU fans.

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2017, 09:31 AM
I miss the GSU fans.
We had some classics.... pregame threads that is.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?102839-NDSU-vs-Georgia-Southern-Semifinals

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?125793-Georgia-Southern-North-Dakota-State

Nearly 5,000 posts between the two.

Bison56
November 30th, 2017, 11:27 AM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?102839-NDSU-vs-Georgia-Southern-Semifinals

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?125793-Georgia-Southern-North-Dakota-State

I have them saved, and every once in awhile I go through and read them with a smile.

Bisonator
November 30th, 2017, 12:12 PM

I think my first post on AGS is buried in that first one. Good times!

TheKingpin28
November 30th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Bison fans have more heated engagements with each other than anyone else.

I like getting neg rep from lakesbisonclown on BV every time I mention PJ Fleck is a used car salesman and will not do jack squat at U of M....xlolx

But you're not wrong tho. As long as Mark Coyle is in charge, I see nothing good coming of it.

jacksfan29
November 30th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Give me a break.

This is true. Bison fans will crucify their head coach but they will give credit to San Diego. The only team Bison fans won't give credit to for beating them... SDSU, and I guess UNI also.

cx500d
November 30th, 2017, 04:51 PM
This is true. Bison fans will crucify their head coach but they will give credit to San Diego. The only team Bison fans won't give credit to for beating them... SDSU, and I guess UNI also.
Not true....SDSU whooped our ass...No other way to put it.

Bison56
November 30th, 2017, 04:57 PM

Who asked you?:D

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2017, 05:48 PM
POD gets to share a seat with the Tuba playerHEY!!

The tuba players are the best of the band!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2017, 05:49 PM
A

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat is some fantastic insight! Will you expand on it at the watch party on Saturday? 😂

Bisonoline
November 30th, 2017, 05:52 PM

You are wrong.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2017, 06:16 AM

Nice try but a huge fail on this....xeyebrowx

dewey
December 1st, 2017, 05:11 PM

Really? NDSU fans didn't give SDSU credit for beating them this year in Brookings? I give a lot of credit to SDSU for that touchdown clinching drive in the 4th quarter. When they absolutely needed a TD drive to end the game they got the job done and the NDUS defense couldn't stop them.

Do we also look at the mistakes that NDSU made along the way and wonder what could have been had those mistakes not been made/forced? Of course we do and everyone does.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2017, 07:57 PM
NDSU 42-10

dewey
December 1st, 2017, 08:31 PM
My guess
NDSU 31
San Diego 13

Dewey

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 01:04 AM
Freaking playoffs GAMEDAY!

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171202/029905426236fcbcac5cce571c176625.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2017, 05:25 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26667&stc=1

NDSUtk
December 2nd, 2017, 07:01 AM
The white chicken chili is ready for tailgating!!

Any USD posters make it up?? Would love to share a cocktail with you this morning

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2017, 07:04 AM
Let's see now,
San Diego already played in the Fargo Dome last year
San Diego destroyed a BigSky team, N Arizona last week, N Arizona did not look playoff worthy to me
The same shaky Bigsky team beat MFVC Blow up doll Illinois State 37-16 back in week 5,

Is there a chariot race scheduled before the game? how about a staged sea battle? speaking of sea battles is this why San Diego, home of the navy fleet, is sent to Mid-western coliseum each year in the annual slaughter? The ancient Romans did this, appears they have decedent's on the committee

San Diego is a scrappy team with some talent in spots, is there anyway the San Diego Generals can make this playoff farce a close game?

nah, Bison by 21

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2017, 07:17 AM
The white chicken chili is ready for tailgating!!

Any USD posters make it up?? Would love to share a cocktail with you this morning

Nice weather for tailgating in early December.....xthumbsupx

NDSUtk
December 2nd, 2017, 07:20 AM
Nice weather for tailgating in early December.....xthumbsupxHell yes it is!! 23 degrees already and on its way to 40+ before game time!! And wind is supposed to stay down. Can't beat this.

FUGameBreaker
December 2nd, 2017, 07:24 AM
Cheers, one of you guys gets to tangle with the socon next, looking forward to finding out the results of this one

ElCid
December 2nd, 2017, 10:28 AM
NDSU 42-10

My guess was 41-10. 😀

X-Factor
December 2nd, 2017, 11:58 AM
My guess was 41-10. 😀

Could be. Although I bet USD keeps it real close for a half. Wouldn’t even be surprised if we went to halftime tied

Southern Bison
December 2nd, 2017, 01:10 PM
The Bison handle the SoCal surfers and get ready for the SoCon next week.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171202/df4762c06e839cca1551b65b00c63e6e.jpg
Lil' SB celebrated his 13th birthday with ESPN this morning!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171202/dda79069f92bf10f78fbf8ab5d73ce0c.jpg
"Gator" saw us there...played DE in '78 for Pat Simmers.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171202/1638393198628be412b04a6f5e56d017.jpg

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 01:32 PM
The Bison handle the SoCal surfers and get ready for the SoCon next week.

Lil' SB celebrated his 13th birthday

Happy birthday to your son and great job flying the Bison flag!

Dewey

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 02:36 PM
NDSU to kickoff.

San Diego to start at their own 25.

Go Bison!

Dewey

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 02:38 PM
Big TFL by Nate Tanguay!

Dewey

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 02:39 PM
Good stop on 3rd down by NDSU.

Dewey

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 02:39 PM
NDSU ball at their own 17.

Dewey

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 02:40 PM
gee, crowding the box for $500, Alex

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 02:41 PM
Nice play action pass to TE Jensen. 41 yards to USD 40.

Dewey

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 02:42 PM
1st down at the USD 28.

Dewey

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 02:43 PM
Stick to Illies. 2nd down and 2 at the 20.

Dewey

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 02:44 PM
yep...if they are going to crowd the box, the play action works well.

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 02:45 PM
Touchdown Bison!

Play action Stick on the seam route to true freshman Wilson.

Dewey

Lorne_Malvo
December 2nd, 2017, 02:46 PM
Touchdown Bison!

Play action Stick on the seam route to true freshman Wilson.

Dewey

Happy for the freshman!

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 02:46 PM
Stick is on target early and the NDSU OC is taking advantage of USD loading the box.

7 play 82 yard drive for the touchdown!

Dewey

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 02:47 PM
Happy for the freshman!

Absolutely! Nice catch by him.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2017, 02:54 PM
Easton. Stick.

dewey