PDA

View Full Version : Stony Brook at JMU (2nd round)

Pages : [1] 2

th0m
November 25th, 2017, 05:41 PM
Stony Brook hung almost 60 on Lehigh. Now it will face the top CAA team it "missed" in league play. Who ya got? Scoring was eerily similar to last year's UNH Lehigh matchup. I have JMU in this one but probably not as lopsided as our UNH game in the opener last year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 05:42 PM
You can't draw any conclusions from SBU's 59 points scored. Lehigh's defense is completely incompetent. JMU will move the ball on the SBU's defense. They'll be able to match SBU's physicality in the trenches and force Carbone to make plays with his arm.

JMU by 17+

DUKESALLDAY
November 25th, 2017, 06:09 PM
JMU by at least thirty. Almost comical their coach just called out JMU. They’re in for a rude awakening.

BEAR
November 25th, 2017, 07:10 PM
I think Stormy Hook will give Dolly Madison a GREAT game.....

As for Stony Brook, I think JMU is just too complete of a team...xlolx

Gangtackle11
November 25th, 2017, 07:13 PM
The problem for Stony Brook is they will score in single digits. High single digits at best. ✌️

knit35
November 25th, 2017, 07:44 PM
I think Stormy Hook will give Dolly Madison a GREAT game.....

As for Stony Brook, I think JMU is just too complete of a team...xlolx

Interested in your thoughts. What makes you think that?

bonarae
November 25th, 2017, 09:16 PM
JMU will be the stoutest team SB has competed with this season (USF is still bowl-bound but fell to UCF today.) JMU is the most complete FCS team by a mile.

Dukes by at least 5 scores.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 09:23 PM
JMU will be the stoutest team SB has competed with this season (USF is still bowl-bound but fell to UCF today.) JMU is the most complete FCS team by a mile.

Dukes by at least 5 scores.

You think JMU is better than USF?? JMU is really good by I have to think USF would be a solid favorite over the Dukes. That's not a slight to JMU but USF is REALLY talented. As it is, JMU will roll SBU...

ming01
November 26th, 2017, 01:11 AM
JMU by at least thirty. Almost comical their coach just called out JMU. They’re in for a rude awakening.

Oh really?

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2017, 01:19 AM

Here they come.....

katss07
November 26th, 2017, 08:30 AM
Call me crazy but...

Dukes by a field goal

Billnonymous
November 26th, 2017, 09:16 AM
By now, every member of the JMU football team is aware of Priore's comments and the Dukes are going to lock the damn gates and issue a beat down on SB that will ensure Priore never runs his mouth like that again when speaking of JMU.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2017, 09:28 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26619&stc=1

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2017, 09:39 AM
How many points is Priore’s playing for the “caa championship” comment worth? I’d say at least 14.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2017, 09:46 AM
How many points is Priore’s playing for the “caa championship” comment worth? I’d say at least 14.

Is anyone going to post his comments or a link?

Billnonymous
November 26th, 2017, 09:51 AM
https://scontent.fric1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/cp0/e15/q65/s600x600/24058971_10159578083450371_3736880957764201378_n.j pg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=cf8d73ad3c94245b7d031abf255258a5&oe=5A986CCE

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2017, 09:57 AM
That tweet makes his words sound harsher than they really are.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2017, 10:07 AM
https://scontent.fric1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/cp0/e15/q65/s600x600/24058971_10159578083450371_3736880957764201378_n.j pg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=cf8d73ad3c94245b7d031abf255258a5&oe=5A986CCE

I always get worked up about second hand information. xcoffeex

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2017, 10:13 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why there are less JMU fans on here than there were about 10 years ago

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Here they come.....

Brace for impact.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2017, 11:08 AM
The problem for Stony Brook is they will score in single digits. High single digits at best. ✌️

Stony will be the best team JMU has faced since Delaware, and if a pedestrian team like Delaware can scare them, Stony might be in this thing,

a windy day maybe? a fumble?

not picking anything crazy though.... Stony will need some serious breaks to score enough points to be in it as you have already stated GT

Daytripper
November 26th, 2017, 11:14 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26619&stc=1

JMU, yes. Haven't seen any new SHSU. But, of course, you are your normal ***hole self....

th0m
November 26th, 2017, 11:32 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why there are less JMU fans on here than there were about 10 years ago

Most JMU fans are more active on the CSNbbs boards. Lot less mvfc trolls there, for one.

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 11:34 AM
Most JMU fans are more active on the CSNbbs boards. Lot less mvfc trolls there, for one.

Oh this is comical. So go to the circle jerk and avoid conflicting thoughts, but come back when you have a chance to win a championship? I got it. GTFOH precious snowflake and go back to your safe space.

th0m
November 26th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Oh this is comical. So go to the circle jerk and avoid conflicting thoughts, but come back when you have a chance to win a championship? I got it. GTFOH precious snowflake and go back to your safe space.

Thanks for proving my point

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Thanks for proving my point

So since I disagree with you, that proves your point. You East Coast boys need to go back to your safe space if you cannot tolerate something that does not conform to the CAA narrowminded views.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2017, 12:16 PM
JMU, yes. Haven't seen any new SHSU. But, of course, you are your normal ***hole self....
Settle down, princess.

Heres a granmar lesson for you. When it says “are coming”, that means in the future, not the present.

This is is a message board. Turn down your sensitivity. Sorry your fan base doesn’t like to contribute to conversation during the season but pounds their chest until they bow out come playoff time. xcoffeex

Daytripper
November 26th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Settle down, princess.

Heres a granmar lesson for you. When it says “are coming”, that means in the future, not the present.

This is is a message board. Turn down your sensitivity. Sorry your fan base doesn’t like to contribute to conversation during the season but pounds their chest until they bow out come playoff time. xcoffeex

We have plenty here all year long. You just troll every thread stirring up irrelevant, and often inaccurate, crap.

Gangtackle11
November 26th, 2017, 12:48 PM
So since I disagree with you, that proves your point. You East Coast boys need to go back to your safe space if you cannot tolerate something that does not conform to the CAA narrowminded views.

Now that’s funny.

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Now that’s funny.

Since it's true? Other than that, I do not know how it is "funny".

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2017, 12:52 PM
We have plenty here all year long. You just troll every thread stirring up irrelevant, and often inaccurate, crap.

No one said you didn’t have posters here year round. Just that your Decemberists are coming. I troll every thread? xlolx #triggered

Gangtackle11
November 26th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Since it's true? Other than that, I do not know how it is "funny".

Kettle calling the pot black.....who is the troll now puppy man?

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Kettle calling the pot black.....who is the troll now puppy man?

Remind me again how I am "the troll" for pointing out the obvious? Go on, I'll wait...

Gangtackle11
November 26th, 2017, 01:04 PM
Remind me again how I am "the troll" for pointing out the obvious? Go on, I'll wait...

Puppyboy:

Take your weaksauce stuff back to the cornfields.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Puppyboy:

I would have gone with wheat. xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Settle down, princess.

what?

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2017, 01:17 PM

narrowminded is defined by Valley Fans picking W Illinois

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2017, 01:18 PM
what?

It’s when a grandma teaches you grammar or you post from your phone. Take your pick.

- - - Updated - - -

I picked Weber Grills by 2.

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Puppyboy:

Keep trying. You are like the Football Czar. Throw out enough crap and eventually something will stick, however, you went all Dalyn Williams on this.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2017, 01:20 PM
It’s when a grandma teaches you grammar or you post from your phone. Take your pick.

- - - Updated - - -

I picked Weber Grills by 2.

I just thought it was funny as you were chiding on him for his poor grammar....

and way to see over the corn stalks for correctly picking Weber State

Gangtackle11
November 26th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Keep trying. You are like the Football Czar. Throw out enough crap and eventually something will stick, however, you went all Dalyn Williams on this.

Go back to the UNI-SDSU thread where people buy your act.

TheKingpin28

So you automatically assume that since I am a Valley fan, and if I choose WIU, that I am narrowminded. So if you were to pick the winner of SBU-JMU over the winner of the Beehive Bowl Pt 2, then you are narrowminded as well, correct? That's what I thought.

/thread

PantherRob82
I just thought it was funny as you were chiding on him for his poor grammar....

and way to see over the corn stalks for correctly picking Weber State

It is funny. Less funny since it’s just me posting from an iPhone and not reading my posts. :)

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Go back to the UNI-SDSU thread where people buy your act.

They are sandbagging harder than the people of the Red River during the 2009 flood ever did.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2017, 01:33 PM
So you automatically assume that since I am a Valley fan, and if I choose WIU, that I am narrowminded. So if you were to pick the winner of SBU-JMU over the winner of the Beehive Bowl Pt 2, then you are narrowminded as well, correct? That's what I thought.

/thread

no, you just got it wrong

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 01:34 PM
no, you just got it wrong

Changing the goalposts I see. I caught you as well and now you changed the argument since I used you and your ilk's "logic" against you and now you are trying to find a way out of it. xcoffeex

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Changing the goalposts I see. I caught you as well and now you changed the argument since I used you and your ilk's "logic" against you and now you are trying to find a way out of it. xcoffeex

the games all ready over, your team lost, the location of the goal post are irrelevant at this point...haha

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2017, 01:40 PM
the games all ready over, your team lost, the location of the goal post is irrelevant at this point...haha

Fixed. I need to be consistent. :p

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 01:45 PM
the games all ready over, your team lost, the location of the goal post are irrelevant at this point...haha

NDSU lost? That is news to me...

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2017, 01:51 PM
NDSU lost? That is news to me...

no not them, your pick to win yesterday lost.... Western Illinois.....

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 02:01 PM
no not them, your pick to win yesterday lost.... Western Illinois.....

So did NAU so does that mean I have Big Sky bias? You also picked USeD over NSU so you have MVFC bias? How about picking NAU, you did that, so you must have Big Sky bias.

Wow, you really enjoy digging as deep a hole as you can.

jmu007
November 26th, 2017, 02:10 PM
pretty sure this thread could be used as a solid illustration of why there are fewer Posters from a lot of places... but anyway....

Looking forward to seeing Stony Brook. I’m not a fan of the unbalanced conference schedule, because of missing teams so this will help with that for this season at least. Previous games have been close contests. Hoping this one won’t be. From what I’ve seen of both teams, if SB can force JMU to bring a safety down to help vs the run they might be able to get something going. If not, it will be a long day for their QB against JMU pass defense.

KPSUL
November 26th, 2017, 02:10 PM

Just be thankful!

KPSUL
November 26th, 2017, 02:12 PM
Go back to the UNI-SDSU thread where people Tolerate your act.

FIFY

Gangtackle11
November 26th, 2017, 02:15 PM
They are sandbagging harder than the people of the Red River during the 2009 flood ever did.

That should be a great game.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Back to the game, I assume the spread with open about JMU -17. Stony Brook has looked good at moments, but I'm wondering if they are any better than Elon. The uneven schedule in the CAA leaves a lot to the imagination.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Wow, I really enjoy digging as deep a hole as I can for myself.

FYP

So who ya got in this game?

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 03:27 PM
FYP

So who ya got in this game?

JMU, but my East Coast and CAA Bias is causing me to wonder if I should choose Marty Scarano and the refs.

DirtyDukes
November 26th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Just be thankful!

http://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m97ypd8Ukv1roa42h.gif

CvilleDuke
November 26th, 2017, 04:48 PM
Decemberist here. Dukes win by 20. Slow start offensively, defense dominates until the offense breaks it open in the second.

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Why aren’t the snow flakes posting on these boards?! *commences to go on a 50 post mental breakdown*

Haley's Five Rings
November 26th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Oh really?

JMU and SB shared 6 common opponents this season.

SB was 5-1 in those matchups, allowing 127 points. JMU was 6-0, allowing 47 points.

Offense was roughly the same, with JMU outscoring SB 173 - 161 against common opponents.

SB won three of their five common opponent games by three of fewer points. JMU's closes call in those six was a 7 point win over Richmond in a rivalry game. Dukes average margin of victory against common opponents was 21.

The numbers don't look good for SB.

cx500d
November 26th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Why aren’t the snow flakes posting on these boards?! *commences to go on a 50 post mental breakdown*

You mean the Kats people and the Pud / MK et al? They are scared of you and what no part of JMU

Daytripper
November 26th, 2017, 09:42 PM

You are the only snowflake currently posting...

cx500d
November 26th, 2017, 09:54 PM
You are the only snowflake currently posting...

I figured there would be a respondent, and you were the most likely one given the lifetime bans of the Pud et al

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2017, 10:08 PM
Wow that went over both your heads. It’s okay.

mcveyrl
November 27th, 2017, 06:43 AM
For me, I stopped posting a lot in general on both boards because it usually ended up in a lengthy back and forth that went nowhere and wasted a lot of my time. I still lurk both places to get info.

Their RB scares me a bit. He will get his early and I think it's close in the first half, but we pull away late after wearing them down. It's hard to ignore the common opponents info above. I also haven't watched any of their games (and I won't) but the fact that their last game of the year required a Hail Mary to beat Maine gives me some confidence too. I would guess Dukes by 2-3 scores. I would guess 24-10 or something in that range.

A weather note - it's supposed to be windy which I think will be to JMU's disadvantage. We played through it pretty well at Elon, but had our struggles at Delaware. SB's D is better than Elon but not as good as Delaware, but I think we'll be okay.

Bison56
November 27th, 2017, 07:03 AM
JMU starts slow, but shakes off the bye week rust and rolls SB in the second half.

DirtyDukes
November 27th, 2017, 07:52 AM
Dukes by 7 million

jmufan999
November 27th, 2017, 07:53 AM
A weather note - it's supposed to be windy which I think will be to JMU's disadvantage.

where are you seeing this? weather.com says 8 mph which is definitely not windy.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2017, 08:05 AM
For me, I stopped posting a lot in general on both boards because it usually ended up in a lengthy back and forth that went nowhere and wasted a lot of my time. I still lurk both places to get info.

Their RB scares me a bit. He will get his early and I think it's close in the first half, but we pull away late after wearing them down. It's hard to ignore the common opponents info above. I also haven't watched any of their games (and I won't) but the fact that their last game of the year required a Hail Mary to beat Maine gives me some confidence too. I would guess Dukes by 2-3 scores. I would guess 24-10 or something in that range.

A weather note - it's supposed to be windy which I think will be to JMU's disadvantage. We played through it pretty well at Elon, but had our struggles at Delaware. SB's D is better than Elon but not as good as Delaware, but I think we'll be okay.

if it's a windy day, anything can happen, but it would probably have to be very windy to really keep Stony in the game

Beddel is one of those runners that you think you have bottled up all day and then all of the sudden he pops one, be careful with him
Carbone is not the type of QB that is going to throw a backwards pass and give JMU a quick 7 points, and Ray Bolden is better than any Delaware WR

I believe Stony can make some noise in this game, but they will need some breaks

having said all that, as a CAA homer it's kind of bad that the #1 seed gets a real good team and a CAA team like Stony Brook in the first round, while the #2 seed gets San Diego.... Stony could make some noise in this tourney with a favorable bracket

BNATION
November 27th, 2017, 08:37 AM
JMU but this should be competitive.

Dukie95
November 27th, 2017, 09:02 AM
Beddel is one of those runners that you think you have bottled up all day and then all of the sudden he pops one, be careful with him

Sounds like what happened with us and Josh Mack. JMU had him under wraps until he broke through with a 60 yard TD.

Bison56
November 27th, 2017, 09:05 AM
Dukes by 7 million

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrUoLkoVXmVNdXdjsSEMfn1qA0z0l3q LgOhZ4Ves88-eoqD_ptbQ (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiS5_PPg9_XAhVHrVQKHXGMAdkQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpopkey.co%2Fsearch%2Fdr%2520evil&psig=AOvVaw0SU7HPJGzSMwMPzmrbk07U&ust=1511881460887636)

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2017, 09:09 AM
Sounds like what happened with us and Josh Mack. JMU had him under wraps until he broke through with a 60 yard TD.

Yes, good RB's have a way of doing that to you

ecasadoSBU
November 27th, 2017, 10:46 AM

Coach P would never call out JMU. That's not Coach Priore's style. You should look at the clip of what he really said:

"That was the toughest thing not to talk about this past week (in reference to not playing JMU this season to decide the championship)... So you know. Our goal is to win a CAA championship this week and that's no more no less."

I don't see how this "is calling out JMU". He basically said the goal is to beat JMU and to win a CAA championship this week.

iBOsbu
November 27th, 2017, 10:50 AM
On the paper and based on eye test, there is no doubt JMU is a superior team. They have better offense, defense and coaching. Having said that on game day anything can happen on any given Saturday. That's why it's played on field. Stony Brook is not a pushover bottom of the table team. We have won 10 games this season! So, I expect JMU to beat us 34-20. But will hope they poop the bed and we play lights out. Go Seawolves.

Gangtackle11
November 27th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Stony to JMU in round 2 is a shame, but it’s the NCAA way in the FCS playoffs.

Gangtackle11
November 27th, 2017, 11:06 AM
On the paper and based on eye test, there is no doubt JMU is a superior team. They have better offense, defense and coaching. Having said that on game day anything can happen on any given Saturday. That's why it's played on field. Stony Brook is not a pushover bottom of the table team. We have won 10 games this season! So, I expect JMU to beat us 34-20. But will hope they poop the bed and we play lights out. Go Seawolves.

I think you will find JMU’s defense to be suffocating during the course of the game. You may hit a big play, but don’t expect sustained drives all day down there. I watched SB vs. Delaware & Lehigh. They are a solid well coached team. They are just playing a notch up on Saturday.

21-7 JMU.

iBOsbu
November 27th, 2017, 12:36 PM
I will be very surprised if we are limited to single digit.... even against JMU.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Stony to JMU in round 2 is a shame, but it’s the NCAA way in the FCS playoffs.

right, while the lower seed North Dak St gets San Diego .... just not right

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2017, 12:46 PM
I will be very surprised if we are limited to single digit.... even against JMU.

CAA Rank:
Scoring O/Total O/Points Scored against JMU
UR - 3rd, 1st, 13
UM - 4th, 3rd, 10
UNH - 5th, 4th, 0
Elon - 6th, 5th, 3
UD - 7th, 8th, 10
VU - 8th, 10th, 8
URI - 9th, 7th, 3
WM - 12th, 11th, 14

Keep in mind some of that scoring is in trash time, especially WM. I'm just now realizing we gave up the most to the worst CAA team we played. We held half of our CAA opponents to single digits.

jmufan999
November 27th, 2017, 01:50 PM
CAA Rank:
UR - 3rd, 1st, 13
UM - 4th, 3rd, 10
UNH - 5th, 4th, 0
Elon - 6th, 5th, 3
UD - 7th, 8th, 10
VU - 8th, 10th, 8
URI - 9th, 7th, 3
WM - 12th, 11th, 14

more specifically, here is how JMU's CAA opponents would have fared if they hadn't played JMU at all (same idea as you had, just putting in adjusted scoring averages)

What teams would have averaged without playing JMU
UR - 32.7 ppg (scored 13 against JMU)
UM - 26.2 ppg (scored 10)
UNH - 26.0 ppg (scored 0)
Elon - 22.6 pgg (scored 3)
UD - 22.3 ppg (scored 10)
VU - 22.3 ppg (scored 8)
URI - 21.9 ppg (scored 3)
WM - 15.1 ppg (scored 14)

CappinHard
November 27th, 2017, 01:58 PM
JMU slated as 20.5 point favorites according to 5dimes. Total is at 48.5. Predicted score of 34.5 to 14.

iBOsbu
November 27th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Ok. You guys have me convinced with all the stats! We might not even get a TD. Lucky if we score a FG ;)

Gangtackle11
November 27th, 2017, 01:59 PM
^ ^The reasons why I think SB is a solid team, but won’t score double digits in Harrisonburg this weekend.

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Ok. You guys have me convinced with all the stats! We might not even get a TD. Lucky if we score a FG ;)

SB would need to have a lights out defensive performance including shutting down our passing game and a mobile Schor. A few turnovers while avoid them yourselves would be required. Schor does throw a weekly interception, so I wouldn't get too excited until we have a second turnover. Unless it's a pick six of course.

Offensively, SB would have to get north of 20 points to have a shot at winning and no team has scored more than 14 so far this season.

Your strength is rushing and we're 7th in the nation holding teams to roughly 80 ypg.

Gangtackle11
November 27th, 2017, 02:45 PM
5 dimes has it JMU -20.5 (48.5)

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2017, 02:51 PM
5 dimes has it JMU -20.5 (48.5)

gotta take the under

StrikeJMU
November 27th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Hey now, let's not blow our load too early, Colgate wasn't that long ago. That day sucked.

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Hey now, let's not blow our load too early, Colgate wasn't that long ago. That day sucked.

The problem in that game has since amassed a 4-20 record at Texas State.

jmufan999
November 27th, 2017, 08:10 PM
SB would need to have a lights out defensive performance including shutting down our passing game and a mobile Schor. A few turnovers while avoid them yourselves would be required. Schor does throw a weekly interception, so I wouldn't get too excited until we have a second turnover. Unless it's a pick six of course.

Offensively, SB would have to get north of 20 points to have a shot at winning and no team has scored more than 14 so far this season.

Your strength is rushing and we're 7th in the nation holding teams to roughly 80 ypg.

Several great points. When Schor throws his weekly interception, you can feel opposing teams get really excited (naturally). It stresses me out less now, after seeing how our D responds every single week. Sure would be great if we didn't do it every week, but that's what we're working with.

A sign of trouble for SBU would be if our running game gets going early. Hasn't been as dominant this year for a variety of reasons but looked great at Elon. If it happens again, maybe it's a trend. SBU will certainly force Schor to pass, as pretty much every team has done all year (the correct strategy).

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
November 28th, 2017, 01:52 AM
Stony Brook by 5 touchdowns!!! You heard it here first. JMU has played no one of consequence, their AD has no pull in the Stony Brook University policing community, and James Madison let the White House burn during the war of 1812! Am I doing this right?

BNATION
November 28th, 2017, 07:11 AM
James Madison was a P***. But unfortunately i think your game prediction may be a little off. xdrunkyx

Stony Brook by 5 touchdowns!!! You heard it here first. JMU has played no one of consequence, their AD has no pull in the Stony Brook University policing community, and James Madison let the White House burn during the war of 1812! Am I doing this right?

RootinFerDukes
November 28th, 2017, 08:22 AM

Probably the most solid analysis I've ever read. Definitely better than a certain two fan bases as you managed to not have a 10 post mental breakdown and derail the entire thread when your team isn't even playing in said game.

BNATION
November 28th, 2017, 08:27 AM
Exactly... Who could you be talking about xthumbsupx. I like you RFD, I really do...

Probably the most solid analysis I've ever read. Definitely better than a certain two fan bases as you managed to not have a 10 post mental breakdown and derail the entire thread when your team isn't even playing in said game.

jmufan999
November 28th, 2017, 09:33 AM

you should have made fun of James Madison being short, that's a layup.

JmuSkinsfan
November 28th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Man, haven't posted in here in ages (may be one of those fans that was way more active 5-10 years ago).

Anyway, having watched every JMU game this year in person or on TV, I'd say that our strength as a team is probably our ability to never lose control. There have been some very frustrating offensive performances, especially considering our dominance last year in that department. But whenever you think the momentum might shift or the other team may take control of the game, JMU's defense just totally suffocates them. It isn't like opposing offenses haven't moved the ball and scored a TD on JMU defense this year, but it's just that it usually only happens one time, if at all, in a game ... and then a ton of 3 and outs ... there's been no chance for anyone to get any momentum against the JMU defense all year.

And that allows for the offense to wear teams down. So while I wouldn't be shocked by a 7-3 score at halftime this week ... JMU would end up winning 27-10 or something like that, if the script stuck. JMU has a competent offense, but does start slow, especially if the run game isn't clicking. But eventually teams get worn down, and the floodgates open a bit.

If JMU advances to the quarters and ultimately the semifinals, I may be a bit more nervous, simply because the teams you're facing at that level tend to have similar characteristics.

Something that stuck with me this year was how, as a JMU fan, I'd feel like the team didn't play well ... or just didn't seem to be "winning big" ... but then you look at the scoreboard at the end of the game and it's 31-10. Which i think speaks to the dominance of the defense and the "wear down" nature of the offense. There were a a lot of games this year where I had that feeling. And maybe it's a hangover from the spoils of 2016 ... but I really did feel like most games were routinely boring. 10-3 or 14-7 or 17-7 at half but then winning games 31-10 or 28-10 ... where it really isn't close on the scoreboard but it seems closer on the field.

It's the sort of team that you KNOW has a ton of offensive potential and at times feels like they're playing intentionally conservative because they know the defense has their back. And maybe that changes in the playoffs with increased stakes ... you get the feeling the offense is capable of a huge game, but hasn't had to step up yet. There were multiple times this year where if the offense played up to their potential, i felt like they could win 45-10, etc but those games ended up being 27-10 or 31-10 because the offense just didn't have to do anything but grind it out. IDK, could be wrong, but just my gut feeling on how the season went.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 28th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Man, haven't posted in here in ages (may be one of those fans that was way more active 5-10 years ago).

Anyway, having watched every JMU game this year in person or on TV, I'd say that our strength as a team is probably our ability to never lose control. There have been some very frustrating offensive performances, especially considering our dominance last year in that department. But whenever you think the momentum might shift or the other team may take control of the game, JMU's defense just totally suffocates them. It isn't like opposing offenses haven't moved the ball and scored a TD on JMU defense this year, but it's just that it usually only happens one time, if at all, in a game ... and then a ton of 3 and outs ... there's been no chance for anyone to get any momentum against the JMU defense all year.

And that allows for the offense to wear teams down. So while I wouldn't be shocked by a 7-3 score at halftime this week ... JMU would end up winning 27-10 or something like that, if the script stuck. JMU has a competent offense, but does start slow, especially if the run game isn't clicking. But eventually teams get worn down, and the floodgates open a bit.

If JMU advances to the quarters and ultimately the semifinals, I may be a bit more nervous, simply because the teams you're facing at that level tend to have similar characteristics.

Something that stuck with me this year was how, as a JMU fan, I'd feel like the team didn't play well ... or just didn't seem to be "winning big" ... but then you look at the scoreboard at the end of the game and it's 31-10. Which i think speaks to the dominance of the defense and the "wear down" nature of the offense. There were a a lot of games this year where I had that feeling. And maybe it's a hangover from the spoils of 2016 ... but I really did feel like most games were routinely boring. 10-3 or 14-7 or 17-7 at half but then winning games 31-10 or 28-10 ... where it really isn't close on the scoreboard but it seems closer on the field.

I agree with your analysis on the Dukes. Although the defense has played great we need the offense to click in the playoffs to make the run to Frisco.

Go Dukes

ZableNoise
November 28th, 2017, 12:20 PM
CAA Rank:
UR - 3rd, 1st, 13
UM - 4th, 3rd, 10
UNH - 5th, 4th, 0
Elon - 6th, 5th, 3
UD - 7th, 8th, 10
VU - 8th, 10th, 8
URI - 9th, 7th, 3
WM - 12th, 11th, 14

Keep in mind some of that scoring is in trash time, especially WM. I'm just now realizing we gave up the most to the worst CAA team we played. We held half of our CAA opponents to single digits.

Woo! Go Tribe!

OK back to basketball season for me...

th0m
November 28th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Woo! Go Tribe!

OK back to basketball season for me...

Yeah nice win over ODUh!

JayMYou
November 28th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Settle down, princess.

Perhaps you should give yourself a "granmar" lesson about the use of "fewer" vs "less"?

And I don't always have time for pounding my chest because I'm often busy pounding your mom.

DUKESALLDAY
November 28th, 2017, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=ming01;2577553]Oh really?[/QUOTE

Yes....

DUKESALLDAY
November 28th, 2017, 03:32 PM

It's the sort of team that you KNOW has a ton of offensive potential and at times feels like they're playing intentionally conservative because they know the defense has their back. And maybe that changes in the playoffs with increased stakes ... you get the feeling the offense is capable of a huge game, but hasn't had to step up yet. There were multiple times this year where if the offense played up to their potential, i felt like they could win 45-10, etc but those games ended up being 27-10 or 31-10 because the offense just didn't have to do anything but grind it out. IDK, could be wrong, but just my gut feeling on how the season went.

Solid analysis, I’d agree for sure the games have felt a heck of a lot closer than the score showed. Really wish Cardon Johnson was healthy and could free things up a bit more for Schor.

caa51
November 28th, 2017, 04:17 PM
Perhaps you should give yourself a "granmar" lesson about the use of "fewer" vs "less"?

And I don't always have time for pounding my chest because I'm often busy pounding your mom.

Panther Rob is still giving grammar lessons? Give it a rest pal, it's a message board not English class. Wow!!!

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2017, 09:08 PM

How is it an insult to me that you are slimming it with old women? xrolleyesx

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Panther Rob is still giving grammar lessons? Give it a rest pal, it's a message board not English class. Wow!!!

He quoted a post from days ago. It’s not my fault you looked like an idiot while calling someone stupid. You do realize this is a message board and that a lot of things are said in jest. xcoffeex

caa51
November 28th, 2017, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=PantherRob82;2579592]He quoted a post from days ago. It’s not my fault you looked like an idiot while calling someone stupid. You do realize this is a message board and that a lot of things are said in jest. xcoffeex[/QUOTE

At first I was about to get upset about you saying I looked like an idiot but then something caught my eye and it's kind of sad. I can't let somebody that probably lives in mommy's basement yelling for more meatloaf and has over 12K posts upset me. 12K posts? Get a life, better yet start teaching English 101 so you can put that perfect grammar to use.

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2017, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=PantherRob82;2579592]He quoted a post from days ago. It’s not my fault you looked like an idiot while calling someone stupid. You do realize this is a message board and that a lot of things are said in jest. xcoffeex[/QUOTE

At first I was about to get upset about you saying I looked like an idiot but then something caught my eye and it's kind of sad. I can't let somebody that probably lives in mommy's basement yelling for more meatloaf and has over 12K posts upset me. 12K posts? Get a life, better yet start teaching English 101 so you can put that perfect grammar to use.

xgiveadamnx

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2017, 09:51 PM

xgiveadamnx

if you weren’t upset you wouldn’t bother responding. Softer than the SLC.

caa51
November 28th, 2017, 09:57 PM
xgiveadamnx

if you weren’t upset you wouldn’t bother responding. Softer than the SLC.

You really should start your sentence with a capital letter!! Hahahaha

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2017, 10:04 PM
xbabycryxxbabycryx
Waaaaaaa. This is a message board, grammar lessons, I don’t care, your moms basement.

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2017, 10:06 PM
Be careful, you’ve posted 3 times in this thread alone over the past few hours. 12 years on the board at 3 posts a day becomes 12k posts and some new poster might get triggered and say you have no life. I don’t want you to end up in another situation where your feelings get hurt xpeacex

caa51
November 28th, 2017, 10:09 PM
xbabycryxxbabycryx
Waaaaaaa. This is a message board, grammar lessons, I don’t care, your moms basement.

Rob that was quite an interesting post. I believe you are exhausted from posting all day. Time to put away your sippy cup, go upstairs and kiss mommy goodnight, grab your teddy bear and go to bed. Tomorrow is another big day for you of about 100-150 posts. I'm out.

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2017, 10:11 PM
Rob that was quite an interesting post. I believe you are exhausted from posting all day. Time to put away your sippy cup, go upstairs and kiss mommy goodnight, grab your teddy bear and go to bed. Tomorrow is another big day for you of about 100-150 posts. I'm out.
Man, you JMU posters sure have a thing for moms. Might want to seek some counseling about that.

StrikeJMU
November 28th, 2017, 11:05 PM
Man, you JMU posters sure have a thing for moms. Might want to seek some counseling about that.

Having a thing for hot mothers is no need for counseling, good sir.

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
November 29th, 2017, 01:33 AM
xbabycryxxbabycryx

you are using "moms" as singular possessive, not plural, so it should say "mom's"

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2017, 05:08 AM
you are using "moms" as singular possessive, not plural, so it should say "mom's"
That is true. But you also have to take into account the context, which is that it is a post poking fun st him.

I don’t care about anyone using correct grammar. If someone saying “your a special kind of stupid” isn’t funny/ironic to you guys, I don’t know what to tell you. xcoffeex

JMU Newbill
November 29th, 2017, 07:52 AM
Why don't JMU fans post on AGS anymore? Hmmmmmm

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Why don't JMU fans post on AGS anymore? Hmmmmmm

Too sensitive? Can’t take a joke? :D

I’m done now. Too good of a game to be derailing the thread.

jmufan999
November 29th, 2017, 08:41 AM

he's a UNH fan, dummy

ecasadoSBU
November 29th, 2017, 06:50 PM
30- 24 Stony Brook!

LETS GO!

(a needed bump)

RootinFerDukes
November 29th, 2017, 07:01 PM
30- 24 Stony Brook!

LETS GO!

(a needed bump)

More than double what we’ve allowed all season. Bold prediction.

DirtyDukes
November 30th, 2017, 07:42 AM
30- 24 Stony Brook!

LETS GO!

(a needed bump)

Appreciate the bump!

You guys are going to hold us to less than Lehigh scored on you? Okay!

th0m
November 30th, 2017, 07:52 AM
I would not be surprised if we score less than a Lehigh. They were basically all offense no defense. And an offense with some big weapons at that.

jmufan999
November 30th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Appreciate the bump!

You guys are going to hold us to less than Lehigh scored on you? Okay!

that's not the odd part. the odd part would be them scoring 30 on us. even scoring 15 would be out of character for our D.

Gangtackle11
November 30th, 2017, 08:43 AM
JMU 24 Stony Brook 7

SeaWolves will find it difficult to move the ball consistently against the best defense in the FCS. JMU will wear them down and home field makes this a 24-7 type game at best.

GL to both teams. Shame this game happened in this round, but we all know how it works in the FCS.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2017, 09:04 AM
JMU 24 Stony Brook 7

SeaWolves will find it difficult to move the ball consistently against the best defense in the FCS. JMU will wear them down and home field makes this a 24-7 type game at best.

GL to both teams. Shame this game happened in this round, but we all know how it works in the FCS.

right on, for me Stony Brook is right at the same level as the other seeded teams minus Jagger and McCartney

BNATION
November 30th, 2017, 09:20 AM
SB +19 seems like a sucker bet. Any thoughts?

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2017, 09:40 AM
I think James Madison wins, But I think Stony Brook eats enough time to cover. My book still hasn’t posted online yet

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 30th, 2017, 11:46 AM
If the JMU defense scores or even puts the offense in great position, I can see JMU covering the spread. I expect a close game in the first half with JMU pulling away late 3rd quarter.

Go Dukes

AmsterBison
November 30th, 2017, 11:51 AM
If the JMU defense scores or even puts the offense in great position, I can see JMU covering the spread. I expect a close game in the first half with JMU pulling away late 3rd quarter.

Go Dukes

Very difficult to see JMU getting beat - so far they are making a good argument for having the best defense in the history of the FCS.

JMU_71
November 30th, 2017, 01:25 PM
With many others, I think it is unfortunate this game is happening now. If the committee had done this correctly, Stony should be playing Wofford, UCA or Soft Houston. JMU should have Furman. I'm not too concerned of the Dukes ability to beat the Seawolves, but I do think the Seawolves could've been in the quarters or even the semis had they not had this 2nd round matchup.

Having said that, I think the inside zone read play finally starts to work for us almost as good as last year, Marshall learns to read the cut-back on said inside zone-read and the O-line gives Schor plenty of time in the pocket.

Dukes 38

Seawolves 9

JayMYou
November 30th, 2017, 01:56 PM
My book still hasn’t posted online yet

Which book is that? Perhaps this one?

https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1348668466l/6788858.jpg

Terry2889
November 30th, 2017, 05:17 PM

Go Dukes

I think this game is gonna be close. Stoney Brook has a rugged defense, albeit not on the level of JMU's. On offense they do a good job of possessing and holding on to the ball. This season JMU's offense has at times been very average and needed the defense to create turnovers or set them up in good field position. As someone already mentioned, it is a shame that this game has to happen now. Stoney Brook could very well be the 3rd or 4th best team in the tournament. I see a hard fought 27-17ish JMU victory.

jmufan999
November 30th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Stoney Brook could very well be the 3rd or 4th best team in the tournament.

come on, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

th0m
November 30th, 2017, 06:27 PM
I think this game is gonna be close. Stoney Brook has a rugged defense, albeit not on the level of JMU's. On offense they do a good job of possessing and holding on to the ball. This season JMU's offense has at times been very average and needed the defense to create turnovers or set them up in good field position. As someone already mentioned, it is a shame that this game has to happen now. Stoney Brook could very well be the 3rd or 4th best team in the tournament. I see a hard fought 27-17ish JMU victory.

While its true that our offense is not as prolific as last years O, nothing about our offense is average, especially when comparing against the rest of the CAA. We lead in scoring O, rushing O, 3rd down conv, first downs, fourth down conv, and are second in red zone O, total O. Really the only offense category we're not at the top is passing O, which we're fourth in. Now, I think the CAA is a bit down overall offensively this year, but it only seems fair to compare CAA stats when playing a CAA foe.

Terry2889
November 30th, 2017, 07:16 PM
come on, man.

Why not? JMU, NDSU, Take your pick, Stoney Brook. They're pretty good in my opinion. Other than JMU and NDSU I don't see a huge difference between the rest of the field. UNH being the lowly exception : (

Terry2889
November 30th, 2017, 07:20 PM
While its true that our offense is not as prolific as last years O, nothing about our offense is average, especially when comparing against the rest of the CAA. We lead in scoring O, rushing O, 3rd down conv, first downs, fourth down conv, and are second in red zone O, total O. Really the only offense category we're not at the top is passing O, which we're fourth in. Now, I think the CAA is a bit down overall offensively this year, but it only seems fair to compare CAA stats when playing a CAA foe.

Maybe I'm unfairly comparing this year's team to last year's. I watch the William & Mary, UNH, and Maine games and it seemed like a much more methodic offense lacking the explosive plays from last year. Obviously it was a small sample size.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2017, 08:08 PM
Why not? JMU, NDSU, Take your pick, Stoney Brook. They're pretty good in my opinion. Other than JMU and NDSU I don't see a huge difference between the rest of the field. UNH being the lowly exception : (

Stony is right in the pack of the seeded teams minus Paul and Mick, I'm saying I agree

Gangtackle11
November 30th, 2017, 09:03 PM
I don’t think anyone would have had a big argument if Stony was seeded over Southern Utah or Sammy. Southern Utah won the Big Sky & that gave them the edge. xpeacex

Dukie95
December 1st, 2017, 06:56 AM
Maybe I'm unfairly comparing this year's team to last year's. I watch the William & Mary, UNH, and Maine games and it seemed like a much more methodic offense lacking the explosive plays from last year. Obviously it was a small sample size.

Last year, the average margin of victory for those (4) games was 15.
This year, the average for those (3) games was 20.3

The offense may not be as explosive as last year, but as a team, they have quietly improved and are more well rounded and consistent in all three areas of the game.

Terry2889
December 1st, 2017, 06:59 AM
Last year, the average margin of victory for those (4) games was 15.
This year, the average for those (3) games was 20.3

The offense may not be as explosive as last year, but as a team, they have quietly improved.

Yeah but they were all better teams last year. Im not saying the O is bad, just from what I'v seen they're missing chunk plays. Also keep in mind that the Defense scored points this year in the UNH and W&M game.

Dukie95
December 1st, 2017, 07:01 AM
Yeah but they were all better teams last year. Im not saying the O is bad, just from what I'v seen they're missing chunk plays. Also keep in mind that the Defense scored points this year in the UNH and W&M game.

I don't think anyone would disagree that JMU's offense is missing something *cough*Abdullah*cough* from last year. They went from great to good, I guess. My point was, the team is so much better overall that none of that matters.

Gangtackle11
December 1st, 2017, 07:16 AM
JMU has become a Defense 1st team. They don’t need to score 50+ when the defense is as good as it gets in the CAA. I’ll be surprised if a very good SB team scores much more than 14 points. I’m thinking single digits tbh.

Thats not to disparage SB, but JMU flies to the ball with athletes all over the field on defense. 24-7 JMU. xpeacex

JmuSkinsfan
December 1st, 2017, 08:22 AM

Yeah, if you read my lengthy post a couple pages pack, that was what I tried to explain. The offense this year hasn't been as effective as it was last year, but I think that's primarily because they haven't had to be. I think the offense has been fairly conservative and hasn't pushed the envelope a ton this year. There were a couple of low-scoring games that they certainly could and should have scored more points in ... but every team has those, and they still managed to win (Richmond, Delaware).

I will be curious to see how the offense plays tomorrow. The playoffs are a different beast, and it wouldn't surprise me if they come out with a bit more aggression than the regular season. The running game hasn't been as prolific since Cardon Johnson went down early on ... but they're still the best rushing offense in the CAA.

This is an offense that will score 24-35 points in a typical game. After last year's offensive explosion, that seems low ... but it's still really impressive, especially when the defense is giving up less than 10 ppg.

DirtyDukes
December 1st, 2017, 08:35 AM
JMU has become a Defense 1st team. They don’t need to score 50+ when the defense is as good as it gets in the CAA. I’ll be surprised if a very good SB team scores much more than 14 points. I’m thinking single digits tbh.

Thats not to disparage SB, but JMU flies to the ball with athletes all over the field on defense. 24-7 JMU. xpeacex

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gangtackle11 again.

th0m
December 1st, 2017, 10:10 AM
Yeah, if you read my lengthy post a couple pages pack, that was what I tried to explain. The offense this year hasn't been as effective as it was last year, but I think that's primarily because they haven't had to be. I think the offense has been fairly conservative and hasn't pushed the envelope a ton this year. There were a couple of low-scoring games that they certainly could and should have scored more points in ... but every team has those, and they still managed to win (Richmond, Delaware).

I dont really buy the limited playbook for the regular season arguments that have been floated, honestly. I hope I'm wrong of course. If we see any offensive "improvement" (like I said, its not so bad as is), I would credit that to our O line coming together and the RBs getting better reads moreso than new plays.

DirtyDukes
December 1st, 2017, 10:20 AM
I dont really buy the limited playbook for the regular season arguments that have been floated, honestly. I hope I'm wrong of course. If we see any offensive "improvement" (like I said, its not so bad as is), I would credit that to our O line coming together and the RBs getting better reads moreso than new plays.

I respectfully disagree, Thom. I think until the last drive at Richmond and the whole of the Elon game Bryan was told to never keep it. We had so many read options that he had 10 yards and left them on the field. Then he goes bonkers in the Elon game. I also think it had some to do with the OLine gelling but I also saw them do more at Elon with stunts and pulls than they have all year. I think Coach told Bryan to start keeping it more so SB would have it on tape and have to defend it.

Terry2889
December 1st, 2017, 10:26 AM
I respectfully disagree, Thom. I think until the last drive at Richmond and the whole of the Elon game Bryan was told to never keep it. We had so many read options that he had 10 yards and left them on the field. Then he goes bonkers in the Elon game. I also think it had some to do with the OLine gelling but I also saw them do more at Elon with stunts and pulls than they have all year. I think Coach told Bryan to start keeping it more so SB would have it on tape and have to defend it.

At least Schor knows how to read the belly option. Knight is atrocious at it. I can't count the number of times where he should have pulled on a crashing DE and would have had a boat load of yards. Maybe coaches are worried about their depth at QB? Either way if they are telling their QB's not to pull it eliminates an entire facet of the zone/belly read.

th0m
December 1st, 2017, 11:16 AM

But if that is your theory, don't you think its a huge risk to only start opening the playbook when you're tied with what, 5 minutes to go in the fourth vs the spatters? They way it was used looked more like something pulled out in tight situations instead of a staple of regular offense. Sort of like a 2 minute drill. I.e. We can see schor running the ball but only in tight situations. Ofc that protects your qb from possible injuries, but it's one of those things you prefer not to rely on every game.

What if the qb draws didn't work because we hadn't run them most of the other games, then that's a big blunder. Of course, it did work out, and credit goes to the coaches and players, but it seems like very suspect strategies. But hey, im not a fb coach.

iBOsbu
December 1st, 2017, 11:20 AM
;)
http://www.facebook.com/943TheShark/videos/1148431211955774/

th0m
December 1st, 2017, 11:27 AM
;)

Giving Satchmo a run for his money!

KPSUL
December 1st, 2017, 12:24 PM
Giving Satchmo a run for his money!

Richmond's Spida fan Satchmo is way funnier - because he's not trying to be!

jmufan999
December 1st, 2017, 12:27 PM
Yeah but they were all better teams last year. Im not saying the O is bad, just from what I'v seen they're missing chunk plays.

this is true. we don't get as many chunk plays for two reasons: 1) the OL isn't quite as good, and 2) the WRs aren't as good at jump balls as they were last year. if we had last year's OL, Sharp and Marshall would be putting up amazing numbers, like Abdullah did. now, that doesn't mean the offense is bad, it means we were insanely good last year. that team will be talked about for a long, long time.

"it's about the Jimmies and the Joes, not the X's and the O's"

like th0m, i don't really think we'll suddenly see an offensive outburst because i don't think playcalling is an issue. is Schor keeping the ball less? yes. do i think that him keeping it a few more times is going to make a world of difference? probably not. we're not suddenly going to be scoring in the high 40's and 50's (or more) after an entire season of play. that just doesn't happen. i expect to be in the 30's against Stony Brook, but the 20's would not surprise me at all. and that's completely fine. i don't care if we score 3, as long as the other team has 0 or 2.

so back to your point: yes, fewer chunk plays. but you have to take an already super talented D and realize that they're that much better than last year. this is before we even mention special teams which are always among the best in the country under Houston.

Billnonymous
December 1st, 2017, 12:38 PM
;)

love the fat dude channeling his inner Macho Man.

Terry2889
December 1st, 2017, 12:41 PM
this is true. we don't get as many chunk plays for two reasons: 1) the OL isn't quite as good, and 2) the WRs aren't as good at jump balls as they were last year. if we had last year's OL, Sharp and Marshall would be putting up amazing numbers, like Abdullah did. now, that doesn't mean the offense is bad, it means we were insanely good last year. that team will be talked about for a long, long time.

"it's about the Jimmies and the Joes, not the X's and the O's"

like th0m, i don't really think we'll suddenly see an offensive outburst because i don't think playcalling is an issue. is Schor keeping the ball less? yes. do i think that him keeping it a few more times is going to make a world of difference? probably not. we're not suddenly going to be scoring in the high 40's and 50's (or more) after an entire season of play. that just doesn't happen. i expect to be in the 30's against Stony Brook, but the 20's would not surprise me at all. and that's completely fine. i don't care if we score 3, as long as the other team has 0 or 2.

so back to your point: yes, fewer chunk plays. but you have to take an already super talented D and realize that they're that much better than last year. this is before we even mention special teams which are always among the best in the country under Houston.

No doubt. When Delaware was vying for national titles I knew a couple of the guys on Keeler's staff. Those teams were driven by talent. Both of the individuals referenced were flabbergasted at the lack of football acumen that Keeler had. One specifically said to me something along the lines of "It's amazing what timely transfers can do to cover other thing up."

DirtyDukes
December 1st, 2017, 01:43 PM
But if that is your theory, don't you think its a huge risk to only start opening the playbook when you're tied with what, 5 minutes to go in the fourth vs the spatters? They way it was used looked more like something pulled out in tight situations instead of a staple of regular offense. Sort of like a 2 minute drill. I.e. We can see schor running the ball but only in tight situations. Ofc that protects your qb from possible injuries, but it's one of those things you prefer not to rely on every game.

What if the qb draws didn't work because we hadn't run them most of the other games, then that's a big blunder. Of course, it did work out, and credit goes to the coaches and players, but it seems like very suspect strategies. But hey, im not a fb coach.

I'd argue the Richmond game was more Bryan just ignoring coach's orders. Like "nah i'm going to win this on my own I don't care". Then it was clear against Elon he was free to do whatever. But every game before Richmond that I saw (every game except Delaware) Bryan was never keeping it even when he had it. It was driving me crazy. And I can't justify how he did it last year versus his first 9.5 games this year. The only thing that can explain it is if he was told to hold off on running.

jmufan999
December 1st, 2017, 01:49 PM
And I can't justify how he did it last year versus his first 9.5 games this year. The only thing that can explain it is if he was told to hold off on running.

he was. Kirkpatrick mentioned that in an interview last week. their goal from the beginning of the season was to use him as a runner less often, with the understanding that in a win-or-go-home situation, he'll do whatever he has to do (i.e.- run more). the coaching staff also (wisely) knew that the gaping holes wouldn't be there as much this year, which means it's harder for him to pick up 10 yards and slide safely. instead, he might run 3 and get popped in the mouth by a LB.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2017, 05:01 PM
No doubt. When Delaware was vying for national titles I knew a couple of the guys on Keeler's staff. Those teams were driven by talent. Both of the individuals referenced were flabbergasted at the lack of football acumen that Keeler had. One specifically said to me something along the lines of "It's amazing what timely transfers can do to cover other thing up."

On the money, the problem with many coaches is they don't get that part

Seawolf97
December 1st, 2017, 07:16 PM
I don't see blow out in this game . JMU is not USF and they don't have Quentin Flowers who can hurt you with his arm and legs nor do they have 20 more scholarships. Both teams make a living on their defense and that's what will win this one. I expect a close game won in the trenches on the lines. Final SBU 24 JMU 16 .

jmu007
December 1st, 2017, 07:24 PM
I don't see blow out in this game . JMU is not USF and they don't have Quentin Flowers who can hurt you with his arm and legs nor do they have 20 more scholarships. Both teams make a living on their defense and that's what will win this one. I expect a close game won in the trenches on the lines. Final SBU 24 JMU 16 .

I'm thinking the game will be much closer than the -21 point spread as well, but I'm calling something closer to the lines of SBU 7 JMU 17.

bonarae
December 1st, 2017, 07:38 PM
Low-scoring game? Not quite sure.

bulldog
December 1st, 2017, 09:04 PM

Rookie! I have been pounding my chest and his mom at the same time.

bulldog
December 1st, 2017, 09:15 PM

I agree with that and have said as much. I have even wondered if Coach Houston is sandbagging.

On Bisonville, I mentioned that our offense seemed to be complacent all season for lack of a serious challege (pre-Richmond), which, of course, made all the Buffalos snort (that noise buffalos make when they laugh).

bulldog
December 1st, 2017, 09:23 PM

granmar is not his strong suit.

FUGameBreaker
December 2nd, 2017, 07:25 AM
And so the Champs begin their title defense today

veinup
December 2nd, 2017, 08:37 AM
my JMU alumn spouse is insisting that we watch this game, i hope it's good cuz there's other stuff i'd rather be watching ...

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 08:41 AM
Will Stony Brook even show up? I heard they were thinking of forfeit to save the wast of time and money.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2017, 08:59 AM
Will Stony Brook even show up? I heard they were thinking of forfeit to save the wast of time and money.

good point, wrong game.... why would anyone from San Diego go to Fargo in December?

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 09:13 AM
good point, wrong game.... why would anyone from San Diego go to Fargo in December?

A chance to get away from the drab misery and human debris that is San Diego and see what god's country is like?

Gangtackle11
December 2nd, 2017, 09:20 AM

Its only 9 1/2 hour drive to the world’s Largest Ball of Twine in Cawker City.

Very appealing. xlolxxpeacex

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 09:21 AM
Its only 9 1/2 hour drive to the world’s Largest Ball of Twine in Cawker City.

Very appealing. xlolxxpeacex

Just remember, Custer was still alive before he left North Dakota

Gangtackle11
December 2nd, 2017, 09:22 AM
Just remember, Custer was still alive before he left North Dakota

This is true.

ElCid
December 2nd, 2017, 10:09 AM

I have been to ND in Jan. Didn't like it.

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 10:10 AM
I have been to ND in Jan. Didn't like it.

As we say, its an acquired taste.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2017, 10:16 AM
As we say, its an acquired taste.

acquired taste, get ready for some scrapple talk leading up to next September, and I'm not talking about the Hens offense

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 10:42 AM
acquired taste, get ready for some scrapple talk leading up to next September, and I'm not talking about the Hens offense

There's a Hens offense?

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2017, 10:45 AM
There's a Hens offense?

Yes, but it's scrapple

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 10:53 AM
Yes, but it's scrapple

North Dakotans don't know what scrapple is, because they actually have plenty of edible meat.... They don't need to resort to pink slime cakes.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2017, 11:24 AM
North Dakotans don't know what scrapple is, because they actually have plenty of edible meat.... They don't need to resort to pink slime cakes.

I bet, I think there is only a few spots in the USA that eat it

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2017, 01:06 PM
JMU is starting with the ball...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2017, 01:10 PM
TD Dukes!! They just destroyed the SBU defense!!

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 2nd, 2017, 01:10 PM
JMU runs (well passes) the ball down Stony Brook's throat and is up 6-0 early (missed XP). 12:20 left.

Bison56
December 2nd, 2017, 01:11 PM
Someone tell SB that the game started. Nice opening drive from JMU.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
I bet, I think there is only a few spots in the USA that eat it

We call it Pan Haus (pon hoss) down in the Shenandoah valley.

Schism55
There is a LOT of open seats there

StrikeJMU
December 2nd, 2017, 01:12 PM
We just played tag all the way down the field.

th0m
December 2nd, 2017, 01:16 PM
Carbone hurt?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2017, 01:17 PM
There is a LOT of open seats there

There usually are at JMU. They draw well by FCS standards but not as well as one might think...

Bison56
December 2nd, 2017, 01:18 PM
Carbone hurt?

Looked like his left arm or shoulder. He wasn't moving it after he took that hit.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 2nd, 2017, 01:18 PM
There usually are at JMU. They draw well by FCS standards but not as well as one might think...

Like most other schools, we don't draw nearly as well in the playoffs as we do during the regular season. With that said, its unfortunate that the camera is focused on the visitor side which is far more sparsely populated.

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 01:21 PM
Like most other schools, we don't draw nearly as well in the playoffs as we do during the regular season. With that said, its unfortunate that the camera is focused on the .... more sparsely populated.

Thats what we call the Bowers side.

th0m
Looked like his left arm or shoulder. He wasn't moving it after he took that hit.
Yeah 49 got to him. Lets see if he comes back in. Hope so.

Go Lehigh TU owl
SBU's defense stepped up big there....

caribbeanhen
Carbone will be back, JMU three and backwards

Lorne_Malvo
December 2nd, 2017, 01:22 PM
Not going to lie, rooting for SB. :)

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2017, 01:26 PM
Not going to lie, rooting for SB. :)

they good though

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 01:29 PM
Heck of a play by the Stony brook safety on the punt coverage to keep JMU inside their own 5.

Dewey

Prime Power
December 2nd, 2017, 01:29 PM
Lol at SB punting at JMU 32 for tocuhbavk and 12 yd net...

th0m
December 2nd, 2017, 01:34 PM
Punt was ruled a touchback in the end. SB stepping up on d, JMU stepping down on O. Everything back to normal for the Dukes it seems. Real game begins now.

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 01:36 PM
Punt was ruled a touchback in the end. SB stepping up on d, JMU stepping down on O. Everything back to normal for the Dukes it seems. Real game begins now.

Ahh. Thanks. I missed that one. Obviously.

Dewey

th0m
December 2nd, 2017, 01:39 PM
Ahh. Thanks. I missed that one. Obviously.

Dewey

Otherwise it would have been an ace special teams play by SB.

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 01:40 PM
Is the rule in college if the ball crosses the vertical plane of the goal line then it is a touchback, right?

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

th0m
December 2nd, 2017, 01:41 PM
4th and 12? Well okkk

th0m
December 2nd, 2017, 01:44 PM
Is the rule in college if the ball crosses the vertical plane of the goal line then it is a touchback, right?

Dewey

Commentators were talking about it, I dont really know the rules, and they were in commercials when the call was overturned I think, but I think that must be the rule yeah. SB player kinda lobbed it out of the endzone. Now JMU driving..

Prime Power
December 2nd, 2017, 01:44 PM

Dewey

Yes

JmuSkinsfan
December 2nd, 2017, 01:48 PM
I’m convinced Schor doesn’t know how to throw the ball away. It’s maybe his only real weakness. Always takes the loss. I don’t get it

X-Factor
December 2nd, 2017, 01:58 PM
Sucks to see that injury. That doesn’t look good

Gangtackle11
December 2nd, 2017, 01:59 PM
Doubtful SB scores unless JMU turns it over or game gets out of hand. Their defense is too quick & SB has not been able to establish run game.

th0m
December 2nd, 2017, 02:00 PM
Sucks to see that injury. That doesn’t look goodSent from my iPhone using TapatalkYeah sucks because Miller is also our AA return man. Anyway, next man up.

Lorne_Malvo
December 2nd, 2017, 02:03 PM
Is Carbone hurt bad or just having a exceptionally bad day? The SB O looks like ass.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2017, 02:06 PM
Is Carbone hurt bad or just having a exceptionally bad day? The SB O looks like ass.

He's a limited passer. His stats look good but he really doesn't past the eye test....

th0m
December 2nd, 2017, 02:07 PM

Maybe its because of the defense? Crazy thought, I know.

Gangtackle11
December 2nd, 2017, 02:08 PM

The quickest defense in the country can make u look like Your having a bad day.

Madisonian
December 2nd, 2017, 02:08 PM
Looks like the place filled in with the exception of the visitors section.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 2nd, 2017, 02:10 PM
Looks like the place filled in with the exception of the visitors section.

I saw the upper deck looking a little thin in some shots.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 2nd, 2017, 02:12 PM
Nice return. Stony Brook crapped the bed on special teams.

Lorne_Malvo
December 2nd, 2017, 02:13 PM
The quickest defense in the country can make u look like Your having a bad day.

He has missed 9 easy passes in a row. From what I am seeing the JMU D is not that great.

th0m
December 2nd, 2017, 02:14 PM
I saw the upper deck looking a little thin in some shots.

I think they didnt open up the corner sections on the upper deck for sale, unless there would have been a large demand. Looks like 18k or so?

Madisonian
December 2nd, 2017, 02:15 PM
He has missed 9 easy passes in a row. From what I am seeing the JMU D is not that great.

Psshhhh...

Gangtackle11
December 2nd, 2017, 02:18 PM

That from a guy with a green & yellow avatar. Hmmmmm....

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 2nd, 2017, 02:18 PM
TD Dukes! They're rolling..

16-0 JMU 1:53 2Q

Gangtackle11
December 2nd, 2017, 02:20 PM
Game over unless the Dukies get careless.

knit35
December 2nd, 2017, 02:21 PM
Good Season Stony

th0m
December 2nd, 2017, 02:22 PM

Yeah nah those INTs are just handed to JMU you're right.

JmuSkinsfan
December 2nd, 2017, 02:40 PM
Defense is just dominant. Run game needs to get going so we can kill some clock

th0m
December 2nd, 2017, 03:18 PM
Third pick for Carbone, only his sixth on the season.

DUKESALLDAY
December 2nd, 2017, 03:30 PM

Close to coming true

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 03:37 PM
That D looks good.

th0m
December 2nd, 2017, 03:38 PM
Four possession game, thanks for playing Seawolves.

th0m
December 2nd, 2017, 03:52 PM
Seawolves finally able to move the ball a bit, and then another INT.

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 04:00 PM
The old prevent defense ...

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 2nd, 2017, 04:02 PM
Carbone has thrown 5 INT's today. He had three on the season.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 2nd, 2017, 04:04 PM
Interestingly enough, Stony Brook outgained us yardage wise.

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 04:05 PM
Good job JMU!

Lorne_Malvo
December 2nd, 2017, 04:06 PM
Good win JMU.

StrikeJMU
December 2nd, 2017, 04:06 PM
Interestingly enough, Stony Brook outgained us yardage wise.

because of their turnovers.

th0m
December 2nd, 2017, 04:09 PM
because of their turnovers.

Fuel for the naysayers who only look at the box score. This was a dominant performance.

Gangtackle11
December 2nd, 2017, 04:14 PM
No one in the FCS will find the JMU defense to be a pleasant experience. Big & fast is a bad combo for the field.

ecasadoSBU
December 2nd, 2017, 04:28 PM
Congratulations to the JMU fans. Ya got a killer team. What a defense!

Best of luck on the rest of the playoffs.

I'm proud of my team. They had a fantastic year despite being picked as bottom dweller in the preseason CAA rankings.

Dukie95
December 2nd, 2017, 05:11 PM
Chuck Priore said the game was closer than the final score indicated.

MMM ok. Whatever gets you through the off season.

Gangtackle11
December 2nd, 2017, 05:39 PM
Congrats to a great season for Stony Brook.

JMU is just too good. Not sure they can be beat, but if they are it will take a very special team.

knit35
December 2nd, 2017, 05:40 PM
Chuck Priore said the game was closer than the final score indicated.

MMM ok. Whatever gets you through the off season.

I actually agree with him. JMU didn’t score as many points as they should have.

StrikeJMU
December 2nd, 2017, 05:43 PM

He's right.

We missed that XP.

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 05:52 PM

With that D, they don't need to.

Christiank22
December 2nd, 2017, 05:54 PM
Congrats to a great season for Stony Brook.

JMU is just too good. Not sure they can be beat, but if they are it will take a very special team.SDSU by two scores. Book it

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 05:56 PM
SDSU by two scores. Book it

Not so fast kimosabe, there's a cinderella story called UNH you have to get by first.

Christiank22
December 2nd, 2017, 05:58 PM
Not so fast kimosabe, there's a cinderella story called UNH you have to get by first.I'm not an SDSU fan, just to clarify the you thing. No worries though I get why you think that. But yeah I could definitely see UNH stirring up the pot, and I would have no issue with that. As an NDSU fan I honestly don't want to see SDSU in Frisco if we would both make it there.

th0m
December 2nd, 2017, 06:04 PM

Us not scoring as many as we should have does not equate to it being a close game though. If anything, it means the game was more lopsided than the score indicates, which I agree with.