PDA

View Full Version : Kennesaw State @ Jacksonville State (2nd Round)

Pages : [1] 2

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2017, 04:17 PM
First of all, congratulations to Kennesaw State! Hard to imagine that just four years ago the Owls didn't even have a football program and are already getting wins.

This matchup will be simple. The team that runs the ball effectively will win the game.

Looking forward to Saturday.

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 04:19 PM
This one will be interesting.

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 04:32 PM
I'm going with Kennesaw State because of their turnover margin and the strength of their run game.

ming01
November 25th, 2017, 04:42 PM
Jsu run D too strong. Ksu should make it interesting though

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 04:43 PM
I voted JSU

Daytripper
November 25th, 2017, 04:47 PM
It will be close. Either team could win. For homer reasons, I'm rooting for Kennesaw State.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 04:59 PM
JSU has a good defense. I'll go with that....for now!

NorthChuckSouth
November 25th, 2017, 06:38 PM
JSU please win by 100 :)

Birdman_
November 25th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Couldn't be more excited for this matchup, but I have no idea what to expect. As others have mentioned, JSU's run defense is a real concern, and it'll be very interesting to see how our offense handles the challenge. JSU has certainly earned a lot of respect.

Looking at JSU's schedule, there haven't been many close games at all. Is the option a concern amongst JSU fans? The GT game is clearly a different situation than this one, but for those that watched the game, I'm curious if the scheme presented a challenge or if it was more of a power 5 thing.

CockyGeek
November 25th, 2017, 07:48 PM
JSU will have no trouble stopping KSU on paper. We'll have to score points in return, though..

JSU02
November 25th, 2017, 07:49 PM
Couldn't be more excited for this matchup, but I have no idea what to expect. As others have mentioned, JSU's run defense is a real concern, and it'll be very interesting to see how our offense handles the challenge. JSU has certainly earned a lot of respect.

Looking at JSU's schedule, there haven't been many close games at all. Is the option a concern amongst JSU fans? The GT game is clearly a different situation than this one, but for those that watched the game, I'm curious if the scheme presented a challenge or if it was more of a power 5 thing.
The scheme wasn't a problem. Looks like only Clemson and Georgia allowed them to rush for fewer yards than we allowed. The problem was turnovers, which seems to have been addressed.

Birdman_
November 25th, 2017, 08:09 PM
The scheme wasn't a problem. Looks like only Clemson and Georgia allowed them to rush for fewer yards than we allowed. The problem was turnovers, which seems to have been addressed.
Interesting. As a fan of such a young program, these games against good and great programs are fascinating because they provide meaningful perspective. We've had many successes this season, but it's hard to say with any level of confidence how those successes truly stack up against the top FCS programs. Saturday will be fun.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2017, 08:12 PM

We did a good job at containing GTs rushing attack. We held them to 4.3 YPC on 49 attempts. The only team that did better against GT's run game this season was UGA who held them to 4.1 YPC on 46 attempts. Clemson held them to 4.6 YPC.

Our biggest problem is we turned the ball over three times in a row and set them up inside the 30 each time. After that the score just snowballed and got out of hand as our offense was put in a box and forced the defense to stay out and play most of the second half.

Here is every play GT ran against our defense, if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=313s&v=6kYkHfp3EQs&app=desktop

FTR, every drive between 5:14 and 7:59 in the video is following a JSU turnover. Hence the short fields.

If we hadn't given up that 65 yard TD on the inside veer we would have had them at 3.0 YPC. Oh well. S*** happens.

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 08:17 PM
Hot Take: stopping the option isn't as hard as people think. I've watched the option for a very long time; good defenses stop it and sometimes they don't.

My point is basically that people play up the defensive execution aspect of playing the option, like there's a special code a defense needs to mentally crack before they can actually do it. It's like people think the option will either get stuffed or run wild all day long when rarely is that the case.

Birdman_
November 25th, 2017, 08:46 PM
Hot Take: stopping the option isn't as hard as people think. I've watched the option for a very long time; good defenses stop it and sometimes they don't.

My point is basically that people play up the defensive execution aspect of playing the option, like there's a special code a defense needs to mentally crack before they can actually do it. It's like people think the option will either get stuffed or run wild all day long when rarely is that the case.
Fair point and don't disagree. I guess it's a bit ignorant to suggest a top defense wouldn't be able to keep to their assignments and at least manage it. It all comes down to execution on either side of the ball at the end of the day. One thing we don't have is impressive size on the offensive line, which will almost certainly be an issue in this game, especially if we don't get off to a hot start and need to rely on the passing game more than usual.

BTW thanks for the video, JSUSoutherner. Very helpful.

jsualumnus
November 25th, 2017, 09:29 PM
JSU played GT close until the turnovers. I was at the game and thought we should have won the game. JSU gave up 20 points off those turnovers, by Horn. In fact, JSU lost by 27, but the three turnovers just killed us... Even though both teams are well coached, JSU will run the ball quite well against KSU. It’s going to come down to stopping the run, and I have to give JSU the homer edge there.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2017, 09:37 PM
JSU played GT close until the turnovers. I was at the game and thought we should have won the game. JSU gave up 20 points off those turnovers, by Horn. In fact, JSU lost by 20... Even though both teams are well coached, JSU will run the ball quite well against KSU. It’s going to come down to stopping the run, and I have to give JSU the homer edge there.

It's hard to tell what would have happened had the turnovers not happened but playing "what ifs" doesn't really make it any better. We definitely showed in the first we had the horses to hang though.

As far as KSU is concerned, I was impressed at how well KSU played defense. For most of the game they played well. However, they have yet to play a team built like us this year.

We get a lot of criticism for our offense not being as flashy and high flying as, say, the 2015 team, but I would argue this offense is built differently. This is the closest thing to a power running team JSU has had under Grass and we've just been physically beating down our opponents and pounding our way to wins. KSU hasn't seen that this year and I'm not sure they can match the strength on strength mentality JSU is playing with this year. 2015's offense was driven by Eli, this year's offense is driven by the offensive line.

Our defense will do what our defense does but I think we will just pound and make sure we control the clock.

Basically the same plan we tried at Tech minus the turnovers.

katss07
November 25th, 2017, 09:39 PM
I’ll take Kennesaw State by a score

jsualumnus
November 25th, 2017, 09:40 PM
I agree with that...

Scooter
November 25th, 2017, 11:33 PM
JSU will win this one.

katss07
November 25th, 2017, 11:39 PM
On a normal year, I would say go JSU so SHSU could get some revenge. But I want KSU to win for a couple of reasons.
1) Young, likable program
2) Plank

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 11:44 PM
Not football related but does Kennesaw State have the largest enrollment in FCS?

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2017, 07:17 AM
On a normal year, I would say go JSU so SHSU could get some revenge. But I want KSU to win for a couple of reasons.
1) Young, likable program
2) Plank

Can't argue with either of those reasons.

That plank is very charismatic.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2017, 07:52 AM
Not football related but does Kennesaw State have the largest enrollment in FCS?
Probably.

They have two campuses that are only a few miles apart since they merged with Southern Poly a few years back. My little brother is attending next fall and I'll probably go there for my Masters.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2017, 07:54 AM
This should be a great game. I have a feeling the Owls are coming to play. KSU might sneak out with a win.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2017, 08:00 AM
Well, only 19-18 in JSU's favor.

I didn't expect that one.

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2017, 09:41 AM
I think it'll be a high scoring game. No stats for that prediction, just a gut feeling. like 45-38 whoever

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2017, 09:59 AM
I think it'll be a high scoring game. No stats for that prediction, just a gut feeling. like 45-38 whoever
Umm.

No.

CockyGeek
November 26th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Intentionally leaving GA Tech out of this:
JSU vs utc - allowed 13 points - 7 in 4th quarter
JSU vs EKU - allowed 25 points - 15 in 4th quarter garbage time
JSU vs Murray - allowed 23 points - 10 in 4th quarter garbage time
JSU vs AP - allowed 14 points - 7 in 4th quarter garbage time.

39 points allowed in the 4th quarter. If the games were close, we shut them out in the second half. I just don't see that many points being scored at all.

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 10:53 AM
I do love me some Plank. Easily the best character by far.

katstrapper
November 26th, 2017, 11:21 AM
JSU will have no trouble stopping KSU on paper. We'll have to score points in return, though..

Game isn't played on paper.

Cocky
November 26th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Plastic

Birdman_
November 26th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Hard to argue with the point though. KSU hasn't faced a test like this before, and while the team has been impressive, they have to show up and do it against great competition like JSU for it to truly carry any weight. This game is a great opportunity for a young KSU team, and they'll learn a lot about themselves regardless of the outcome.

nickp
November 26th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Kennesaw state's turnover plank is from Ed Edd and Eddy! It's a cartoon from back in the day!!

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Was poking around looking at KSU's depth chart last night and was REALLY surprised at the size of some players.

I know the option is built for speed but dang.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171126/f0f3aa33f6326e100b21f297a3fc896f.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171126/d49274af611a25e838b2efc537a2ee7b.jpg

For comparison, here's JSU:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171126/d732ed194e00cd5e873a2c85492c8cfe.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171126/dbe09f71684aeb31ef2dc1eee2926515.jpg

Question for the KSU folks though, how much do you guys rotate your players? Pretty much everyone on that depth chart for us plays significant snaps (except maybe our receivers but even they rotate some).

Birdman_
November 26th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Kennesawstate's turnover plank is from Ed Edd and Eddy! It's a cartoon from back in the day!!
As much as I love the whole plank thing, the story has been covered to exhaustion.

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 11:52 AM
I was not aware that KSU was that small of a team.

Birdman_
November 26th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Was poking around looking at KSU's depth chart last night and was REALLY surprised at the size of some players.

I know the option is built for speed but dang.

For comparison, here's JSU:

Question for the KSU folks though, how much do you guys rotate your players? Pretty much everyone on that depth chart for us plays significant snaps (except maybe our receivers but even they rotate some).
Yeah, we're really small. We do rotate quite a bit, especially at RB, but size has never been something we've hung our hat on. In prior years, Liberty's size created problems for us. While that wasn't an issue for us this year, I'd imagine we'll have some trouble with JSU on the lines. Both sides of the ball for KSU are built around speed, and the defense has improved their tackling significantly as the season has gone on.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2017, 11:55 AM
I was not aware that KSU was that small of a team.

Those tackles are insanely small! That's D3 or D1 1976 size.....

ElCid
November 26th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Those tackles are insanely small! That's D3 or D1 1976 size.....

Yeah, but they were quick, strong, and got their blocks done. They were highly effective for the scheme....you know they are usually a a bit lighter for option teams. Same with us. We graduated a lot last year and our line was gangbusters, although not quite as light. I imagine that will change a little in KSU's future line recruiting.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 26th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Yeah, but they were quick, strong, and got their blocks done. They were highly effective for the scheme....you know they are usually a a bit lighter for option teams. Same with us. We graduated a lot last year and our line was gangbusters, although not quite as light. I imagine that will change a little in KSU's future line recruiting.

Yup, the undersized tackles you use in this offense may be something of a liability in passing but they can wreak havoc on running plays.

Georgia Southern had an offensive tackle named Brett Moore who was 6'3" and 255 and an all-American. One of the best highlights I remember was him shooting like a rocket into the second level and absolutely bulldozing a huge Alabama safety to clear the way for a touchdown. (Butt Bama!)

Birdman_
November 26th, 2017, 01:07 PM
I hope you're right. I think those weights are their freshman weights, so we may not be quite as light as those numbers appear. I certainly hope we 're able to recruit some bigger guys, especially on the lines, in the coming years. Should be a lot easier going forward now that we've had some success on the field.

ElCid
November 26th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Yup, the undersized tackles you use in this offense may be something of a liability in passing but they can wreak havoc on running plays.

Georgia Southern had an offensive tackle named Brett Moore who was 6'3" and 255 and an all-American. One of the best highlights I remember was him shooting like a rocket into the second level and absolutely bulldozing a huge Alabama safety to clear the way for a touchdown. (Butt Bama!)

Exactly.

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2017, 01:14 PM
I can see why KSU gave Samford so much trouble now.

Small DL are fast DL and for some reason can prove difficult to block on passing downs. Wofford used to go with that approach (I think, maybe Furman uses it now but you'd have to check me on that?) and it's really good for sacks and pass rush.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2017, 02:04 PM
I can see why KSU gave Samford so much trouble now.

Small DL are fast DL and for some reason can prove difficult to block on passing downs. Wofford used to go with that approach (I think, maybe Furman uses it now but you'd have to check me on that?) and it's really good for sacks and pass rush.
I mean yeah, I'm sure for pass protection it presents a big issue. Which would get amplified by a pass heavy team like Samford.

I'm just wondering what's to keep us from lining up in our heavy set and getting 5-6 yards a snap with Roc all game long?

JSU02
November 26th, 2017, 02:35 PM
I mean yeah, I'm sure for pass protection it presents a big issue. Which would get amplified by a pass heavy team like Samford.

I'm just wondering what's to keep us from lining up in our heavy set and getting 5-6 yards a snap with Roc all game long?

Oooo, that would be fun!

CockyGeek
November 26th, 2017, 02:36 PM

They need seven or eight pages for the broadcasters because of all the touchdowns quality opponents score on SHSU in the playoffs.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Oooo, that would be fun!
Right?

KSU only does one thing. Why not bring out the pigs and do one thing ourselves? :D

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2017, 02:42 PM
I haven't watched enough of KSU to know how they play defense (statistically, they are the fourth best team in the field, for what that's worth).

one thing I've learned this year (that Paladinfan originally pointed out, but for some reason I hadn't noticed in a decade or so of watching option football) is that option offenses help their defenses statistically by limiting possessions and not getting beat deep. Obviously, running the ball and choking the clock helps, but if you're like other option teams (especially one in the third year of a program) and you're running zone defenses, you may get sliced and diced up and down the field, but not beaten deep. So, you may have the other team score 17-27 points or so, but you're right in the game because they max out at 9 possessions or so because of your run game + defensive game plan.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2017, 02:46 PM
I haven't watched enough of KSU to know how they play defense (statistically, they are the fourth best team in the field, for what that's worth).

one thing I've learned this year (that Paladinfan originally pointed out, but for some reason I hadn't noticed in a decade or so of watching option football) is that option offenses help their defenses statistically by limiting possessions and not getting beat deep. Obviously, running the ball and choking the clock helps, but if you're like other option teams (especially one in the third year of a program) and you're running zone defenses, you may get sliced and diced up and down the field, but not beaten deep. So, you may have the other team score 17-27 points or so, but you're right in the game because they max out at 9 possessions or so because of your run game + defensive game plan.
Meh. They're going to have to get first downs to chew the clock.

Birdman_
November 26th, 2017, 02:51 PM

That's exactly what happened in the Samford game. Hodges picked apart our zone on short passes, but was limited when throwing deep. As others have mentioned, JSU's running attack may actually be able to hog the clock, especially if their OL can consistently push a few yards on our DL. Worst case scenario for us is if we get behind, can't move the ball on the ground well, and JSU is controlling the clock. That would force us into obvious passing scenarios which could lead to turnovers. I don't necessarily expect that scenario to be the case, but I think that's worse case. More likely, I think it'll be a low scoring affair where we need to get a little more creative than usual get points on the board.

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2017, 03:19 PM
I hate to spook anyone, but if Kennesaw wins they'd be following the same path as Youngstown last year (beat Samford in the first round, beat JSU in the second):D

This KSU team reminds me of the 2003 Wofford team. Look them up if you have time. Lots of parallels, except the option for KSU is probably better (stout defense, first timer in the playoffs, likely not 100% scholarshiped but I'm not sure, etc)

Birdman_
November 26th, 2017, 03:34 PM
I hate to spook anyone, but if Kennesaw wins they'd be following the same path as Youngstown last year (beat Samford in the first round, beat JSU in the second):D

This KSU team reminds me of the 2003 Wofford team. Look them up if you have time. Lots of parallels, except the option for KSU is probably better (stout defense, first timer in the playoffs, likely not 100% scholarshiped but I'm not sure, etc)
Interesting comparison. It's hard to say if we compare to team like Youngstown, but if we're able to get by JSU this weekend, then that certainly puts us into a conversation I wouldn't have been comfortable with a couple weeks ago because of our schedule.

We're turning a corner with our scheduling next season though. The first few years we tried to schedule a lot of winnable games with our OOC games to help create a culture of winning, but with JSU on the schedule for next year, and our first FBS opponent to start off the season, we should be a bit less of a mystery going forward. Hoping for more OOC games against the SoCon in future years as well. Geographically it just makes too much sense.

cx500d
November 26th, 2017, 08:45 PM
Interesting comparison. It's hard to say if we compare to team like Youngstown, but if we're able to get by JSU this weekend, then that certainly puts us into a conversation I wouldn't have been comfortable with a couple weeks ago because of our schedule.

We're turning a corner with our scheduling next season though. The first few years we tried to schedule a lot of winnable games with our OOC games to help create a culture of winning, but with JSU on the schedule for next year, and our first FBS opponent to start off the season, we should be a bit less of a mystery going forward. Hoping for more OOC games against the SoCon in future years as well. Geographically it just makes too much sense.

Given that JSU really hasn't beat anybody yet, they are an unknown IMO. I think Kennesaw can take them.

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Given that JSU really hasn't beat anybody yet, they are an unknown IMO. I think Kennesaw can take them.

I consider everyone outside of NDSU and JMU an unknown until the semifinals

CommishBigSmooth
November 26th, 2017, 09:03 PM

This. Haven't beaten or played any FCS opponent of any significance.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2017, 09:12 PM

For some reason I feel like even if we stomp KSU this will be the narrative next week as well. xcoffeex

Oh well.

cx500d
November 26th, 2017, 09:15 PM
For some reason I feel like even if we stomp KSU this will be the narrative next week as well. xcoffeex

Oh well.

You can always dream....

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2017, 09:16 PM
You can always dream....
Don't have to.

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 09:33 PM
Don't have to.

Ya sure?

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Ya sure?
Maybe.

CommishBigSmooth
November 26th, 2017, 09:36 PM

Oh well.

The opportunity to change your narrative lies within the Fargodome, I believe. I don't think beating KSU and Sammy/USD does it.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2017, 09:39 PM
The opportunity to change your narrative lies within the Fargodome, I believe. I don't think beating KSU and Sammy/USD does it.

You're probably right about that.

I'm just interested to see how quick people go from labeling KSU as a possible dark horse to a nobody as soon as we beat them. xcoffeex

Bisonoline
November 26th, 2017, 09:47 PM
You're probably right about that.

I'm just interested to see how quick people go from labeling KSU as a possible dark horse to a nobody as soon as we beat them. xcoffeex

Thats what happens when you lose. You are then no longer a dark horse. Your point is?

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2017, 09:55 PM
Thats what happens when you lose. You are then no longer a dark horse. Your point is?
I'm just stating that if JSU were to win, even in a blowout fashion, the narrative would be KSU was a complete pretender. Not that JSU plays football. Even with a KSU win we would still have no wins over any FCS teams with "any significance".

Oh well. It's whatever. As was said earlier, a win over the Bison would fix that. Gotta get there first.

cx500d
November 26th, 2017, 09:59 PM
I'm just stating that if JSU were to win, even in a blowout fashion, the narrative would be KSU was a complete pretender. Not that JSU plays football. Even with a KSU win we would still have no wins over any FCS teams with "any significance".

Oh well. It's whatever. As was said earlier, a win over the Bison would fix that. Gotta get there first.

If JSU beats Kennesaw handily, they have my respect.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2017, 10:00 PM
If JSU beats Kennesaw handily, they have my respect.
I'll hold you to that.

and if we lose my crow consumption will be on full display.

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 10:08 PM
Maybe.

Really?

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2017, 10:10 PM
Really?

Possibly.

cx500d
November 26th, 2017, 10:11 PM
I'll hold you to that.

and if we lose my crow consumption will be on full display.

I've eaten crow before...Its not that bad - tastes like chicken (dark meat).

ElCid
November 26th, 2017, 10:12 PM

I don't think you will blow them out. I watched them at least twice this year before yesterday and I think you will have your hands full. At least most of the game. I have you winning but not by a huge amount. They have a couple beasts running the ball. I am pretty impressed with them for so young a team. Your experience will be key.

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 10:13 PM
Possibly.

Perhaps?

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Perhaps?
Shhh.

I don't think you will blow them out. I watched them at least twice this year before yesterday and I think you will have your hands full. At least most of the game. I have you winning but not by a huge amount. They have a couple beasts running the ball. I am pretty impressed with them for so young a team. Your experience will be key.

Depends on what you consider a blowout.

cx500d
November 26th, 2017, 10:20 PM
Shhh.

62-10?

ElCid
November 26th, 2017, 10:20 PM

Not going to parse words with you.` Depends what the meaning of blowout IS.:D

Bisonoline
November 26th, 2017, 10:22 PM

I dont see how you can say that considering I havent seen anyone beating the KSU drum. They are a play in team so I dont think anyone would get many accolades.

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 10:22 PM
Shhh.

62-10?

Not going to parse words with you.` Depends what the meaning of blowout IS.:D

What do I win since I think cx nailed it.

cx500d
November 26th, 2017, 10:23 PM
I dont see how you can say that considering I havent seen anyone beating the KSU drum.

Well, I was ridiculed the last few weeks for how high I had Kennesaw ranked...

ElCid
November 26th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Well, I was ridiculed the last few weeks for how high I had Kennesaw ranked...

Think I had them in high teens. I think was accurate, especially considering the job they did on Samford. They are a sneaky team and the option is so often an equalizer.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2017, 10:31 PM
62-10?

Saving that for the next round. :D

I dont see how you can say that considering I havent seen anyone beating the KSU drum. They are a play in team so I dont think anyone would get many accolades.
So the JSU only being favored by AGS by a 4 vote margin is moreso because people think JSU sucks, not because KSU is a good team?

cx500d
November 26th, 2017, 10:32 PM

So the JSU only being favored by AGS by a 4 vote margin is moreso because people think JSU sucks, not because KSU is a good team?

No, near peers

Bisonoline
November 26th, 2017, 10:34 PM

Didnt say that. Nice extrapolation

jsugamecockfan
November 26th, 2017, 11:17 PM
I love how JSU makes an schedule that when it was made could have been a great OOC schedule and still get beaten down for playing who we did. When we played Liberty and UTC they were both ranked fairly high and we beat them. We can only play the teams that will schedule us and when we make attempts to play quality teams we can not help that they wont play. Like Furman backing out on us a few years back. I guess the home and home with EWU will help that in the next few years.

Bison56
November 27th, 2017, 09:30 AM
How much trash talking can we expect from JSU?

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2017, 09:31 AM
How much trash talking can we expect from JSU?
I'm sure you'll be able to get your trash talking fix over on the FCS Facebook. I've heard we have a pretty obnoxious contingent over there.

Bison56
November 27th, 2017, 09:35 AM
I'm sure you'll be able to get your trash talking fix over on the FCS Facebook. I've heard we have a pretty obnoxious contingent over there.

I should have been more specific, I was talking about the players.:D

On a serious note I am looking forward to this game. I think it might be closer than some people would like, but what do I know?xrotatehx

Winterborn
November 27th, 2017, 09:38 AM

Pretty much my definition.......

https://media.giphy.com/media/2Ude5plESguVq/giphy.gif

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Pretty much my definition.......

https://media.giphy.com/media/2Ude5plESguVq/giphy.gif
What does that translate to on a scoreboard?

Winterborn
November 27th, 2017, 09:55 AM
One team a lot, the other team not a lot. And the only thing stopping one team is that they ran out of time, otherwise the score would be higher. :D Personally I do not see this game going that way. I think t you and Kennesaw State are pretty evenly matched and it could go either way. Just hope the game is not decided on the reffing.

BNATION
November 27th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Would love to see K state get the W so we can have another home playoff game but i think JSU takes it 24-20.

Bison56
November 27th, 2017, 11:33 AM
If JSU would lose, will it affect future seeding for them?

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Probably.

Until we come back out and beat teams of worth, anyway.

This weekend is a must win for JSU as far as any possible reputation conservation is concerned.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Question for Owl fans:

Does Bohannon do a weekly press conference? If so, where can I catch it at?

Birdman_
November 27th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Question for Owl fans:

Does Bohannon do a weekly press conference? If so, where can I catch it at?
Yeah it’s typically hidden at the top of the game preview on www.ksuowls.com. For reference, below is a link to the one following the win against Samford:
http://www.ksuowls.com/news/2017/11/25/football-fb-Owls-Open-Playoff-_With-28-17-Victory-Over-Samford.aspx

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2017, 12:42 PM
Yeah it’s typically hidden at the top of the game preview on www.ksuowls.com (http://www.ksuowls.com). For reference, below is a link to the one following the win against Samford:
http://www.ksuowls.com/news/2017/11/25/football-fb-Owls-Open-Playoff-_With-28-17-Victory-Over-Samford.aspx

Thank you!

Professor Chaos
November 27th, 2017, 12:44 PM
I didn't this year so I don't see why it would next year.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2017, 12:49 PM
I didn't this year so I don't see why it would next year.
I think YSU making the finals last year helped bail us out.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2017, 01:26 PM
JSU Press Conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm_X_4VHlKA

UNIFanSince1983
November 27th, 2017, 01:33 PM
I think JSU probably wins unless KSU is able to break out the turnover plank quite a few times.

jsualumnus
November 27th, 2017, 01:54 PM
Yep!!! We would have to schedule the entire MVFC and go undefeated in order for another #1 or #2...

CappinHard
November 27th, 2017, 02:16 PM
JSU is a 7 point favorite according to 5dimes. Total is 45.5.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2017, 02:25 PM
JSU is a 7 point favorite according to 5dimes. Total is 45.5.
I think that total is pretty close.

ElCid
November 27th, 2017, 04:26 PM
The voting here is way closer than I expected. Probably closer than it should be. I am figuring on a 1-2 score game at best, but JSU should take care of business. Have to check who the voters are. That may tell the story.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2017, 04:33 PM
The voting here is way closer than I expected. Probably closer than it should be. I am figuring on a 1-2 score game at best, but JSU should take care of business. Have to check who the voters are. That may tell the story.
I have it set as public voting. I can't see the voters though. I'm assuming it says it after the poll closes?

ElCid
November 27th, 2017, 05:07 PM
I have it set as public voting. I can't see the voters though. I'm assuming it says it after the poll closes?

No you can see them. Click on either teams vote total. Voila.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2017, 05:10 PM
No you can see them. Click on either teams vote total. Voila.
There it is! Thanks.

Seems like a good chunk of the votes for KSU are the SHSU fans hoping to not get stomped in the quarters. :D

ElCid
November 27th, 2017, 05:18 PM
There it is! Thanks.

Seems like a good chunk of the votes for KSU are the SHSU fans hoping to not get stomped in the quarters. :D

Ya think.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2017, 05:21 PM
Ya think.
I mean I can't say I'm surprised.

The Bison, the Duke, and SoCon fans are all pretty split.

The only large non-KSU/JSU fan base I see voting for just one team is SHSU.

ElCid
November 27th, 2017, 05:24 PM
I mean I can't say I'm surprised.

The Bison, the Duke, and SoCon fans are all pretty split.

The only large non-KSU/JSU fan base I see voting for just one team is SHSU.

Maybe trying to frame the story line for the final vote. It's not like a fan poll is going to have any effect on the game.

Terrier19
November 27th, 2017, 05:56 PM
Has the makings of a good football game. I think JSU experience will come into play. Looking forward to checking in on this one.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Maybe trying to frame the story line for the final vote. It's not like a fan poll is going to have any effect on the game.
I know it has no bearing on the game.

It's just very interesting to see certain opinions and trends.

katss07
November 27th, 2017, 05:59 PM
There it is! Thanks.

Maybe true, but in all honesty, I have JSU winning by a Field Goal. Something like 20-17 wouldn’t surprise me. I would love to see Kennesaw St win.

Where is that Nicholls avatar. It WAS a 7 point loss wasn’t it?

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2017, 06:01 PM
it's been a nice run, but the saw becomes dull on Saturday, Jacksonville State by 10

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2017, 06:22 PM
Maybe true, but in all honesty, I have JSU winning by a Field Goal. Something like 20-17 wouldn’t surprise me. I would love to see Kennesaw St win.

Ahh, yup. Totally forgot about that.

Give me a minute.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2017, 06:28 PM

Updated.

X-Factor
November 27th, 2017, 06:42 PM
Yikes. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a smaller offensive line. I just don’t think that will get it done vs JSU defense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammy94
November 27th, 2017, 07:44 PM
There it is! Thanks.

Maybe we just want another home game. I could care less who we play, we won’t be stomped in the quarters, perhaps the semis.

NorthChuckSouth
November 27th, 2017, 10:01 PM
I also think a big factor will be how rocking Burgess-Snow is.. If they show up like they did in quarterfinal game in 2015 then I think it will get to KSU.. don't get that experience too much in Big South play.

JSUSoutherner
November 27th, 2017, 10:14 PM
I also think a big factor will be how rocking Burgess-Snow is.. If they show up like they did in quarterfinal game in 2015 then I think it will get to KSU.. don't get that experience too much in Big South play.

I'm going later in the week to pick up my tickets and when I do I'll be sure to see what kind of attenence they're expecting.

From what I've heard, there's supposed to be a LOT of KSU fans coming out this weekend. Hopefully they travel well. Would be awesome to get 5000 or so Owls fans in the stadium. Seems to really help the atmosphere when we have opposing fans to root against. :D

UTC didn't draw as much as the Chuck South or Sam Houston State games did that year, but I think that was the most fun game of the season just because of how many Mocs fans there were.

jsugamecockfan
November 27th, 2017, 10:18 PM
I don't know how many of you all are on the FCS Fan page on Facebook but there is some heat going down there between the JSU and some KSU stuff being posted on some other webpage. I think that this could end up being a pretty awesome atmosphere.

Corn_3024
November 28th, 2017, 12:37 AM
Very surprised to see how many are giving us a fair chance in this one. We will be the underdogs, and deservedly so. For us to pull this out it needs to be a low scoring, sloppy game, where we get some turnovers. While I'm not knocking the passing game for JSU, we have to sell out to stop the run and make them beat us through the air. If they do, you tip your cap and move on. They will like to manhandle us up front, and we will likely have to outnumber to the LOS to ensure that doesn't happen. In either event its the best group of backs we've played.

The bigger concern for me is how we score. I think we take a quite a few more chances through the air, and see how often #15 gets single coverage. Due to the nature of what we do that should be somewhat frequent. My other concern is how we handle the team speed and athleticism of JSU's defense. The size/strength doesn't worry me as much as how athletic they are. Hard to chop top tier athletes, and if we can't get people off their feet the running game is going nowhere. There may be some opportunities to catch them with counters, or cut backs on qb keeps due to over pursuit, but that will the be on occasion.

All in all its a great opportunity for KSU to play in front of a good crowd and get more playoff experience. Can't wait to get there and enjoy the game.

NDB
November 28th, 2017, 12:51 AM
Not sure about a fair chance.

We are all just really jealous of the JSU's big horn section or something like that.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2017, 07:16 AM
Not sure about a fair chance.

We are all just really jealous of the JSU's big horn section or something like that.

These big horns? :D

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171128/d62a3ed7ff1315c92b4ed5d4dfa855da.jpg

We have the largest collection of those big horns in the world. xthumbsupx

ElCid
November 28th, 2017, 07:54 AM
I don't know how many of you all are on the FCS Fan page on Facebook but there is some heat going down there between the JSU and some KSU stuff being posted on some other webpage. I think that this could end up being a pretty awesome atmosphere.

"Face...book,"......? What is this thing, Facebook, of which you speak? There is only one definitive website for FCS, and it is here. All others are pretenders.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2017, 11:07 AM
Coach Grass' weekly teleconference:

http://ovcsports.com/news/2017/11/27/ovc-football-previews-ncaa-division-i-football-championship-second-round.aspx

SU DOG
November 28th, 2017, 12:00 PM
I'm still devastated that Samford isn't playing JSU this week, but CONGRATS to KSU as they were definitely the best team last Saturday. The Owls are really hard to figure, and take them lightly at your own risk. They are a small team overall, but man do they ever play hard, and are extremely well coached. I don't know that they will allow the Gamecocks to continuously run straight at them as some have suggested. When they went out to Bozeman, played in 20 degree weather with some snow, and won in Bobcat Stadium that impressed me more than their win vs Monmouth to be honest. I know Montana State didn't have a great year, but that was, IMO, still quite an accomplishment.

The JSU post season experience and playing at home might give them the edge they need. The magnitude of the game will probably prevent the Gamecocks from playing another UT Martin type game(and yeah, every team usually has such an outing or 2 over the course of a season). I'm just saying that JSU cannot afford to bring anything other than their A-Game. I will be surprised if it isn't a close hard fought affair. I've yet to vote in the poll, but right now I probably give the nod to JSU for the aforementioned reasons. Interesting matchup that I certainly plan to watch.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2017, 01:09 PM
I'm still devastated that Samford isn't playing JSU this week, but CONGRATS to KSU as they were definitely the best team last Saturday. The Owls are really hard to figure, and take them lightly at your own risk. They are a small team overall, but man do they ever play hard, and are extremely well coached. I don't know that they will allow the Gamecocks to continuously run straight at them as some have suggested. When they went out to Bozeman, played in 20 degree weather with some snow, and won in Bobcat Stadium that impressed me more than their win vs Monmouth to be honest. I know Montana State didn't have a great year, but that was, IMO, still quite an accomplishment.

The JSU post season experience and playing at home might give them the edge they need. The magnitude of the game will probably prevent the Gamecocks from playing another UT Martin type game(and yeah, every team usually has such an outing or 2 over the course of a season). I'm just saying that JSU cannot afford to bring anything other than their A-Game. I will be surprised if it isn't a close hard fought affair. I've yet to vote in the poll, but right now I probably give the nod to JSU for the aforementioned reasons. Interesting matchup that I certainly plan to watch.
Maybe we will play each other in the FCS kickoff game next season. xthumbsupx

SU DOG
November 28th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Maybe we will play each other in the FCS kickoff game next season. xthumbsupx

Believe me I'm campaigning for that very thing. However, I've heard that playing our FBS game (FSU) and Kennesaw State, then adding JSU would be more than Samford wants to undertake before SoCon competition. While I can understand this reasoning, I am still disappointed as I don't think we will be in the Classic. I know nothing for sure, but my guess is that JSU will have some other team to compete against. Hey, I'm even still wanting that home and home series with JSU.

FUGameBreaker
November 30th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Close poll here

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2017, 12:03 PM
KSU Press Conference:

http://www.ksuowls.com/news/2017/11/29/football-fb-press-conference-week-13-at-jacksonville-state.aspx?path=fb

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2017, 12:13 PM
KSU's attempted breakdown of JSU:

http://www.ksuowls.com/news/2017/11/30/football-enemy-territory-jacksonville-state.aspx

Two things:

Our top returning offensive player is Roc Thomas not Hester.

We're 8-0 in the OVC this season, not 7-0.

longtimemocfan
November 30th, 2017, 12:17 PM
KSU good young team, but I think the overall difference will be the JSU defense. If neither team comes down with the turnover bug I’ll say 21-17 JSU.

JSUSoutherner
December 1st, 2017, 05:15 PM
Tomorrow's officials will be the Ivy League crew.

Interesting that they send their refs but not their teams.

Anyway, how are the Ivy Officials?

cx500d
December 1st, 2017, 05:25 PM

Are they familiar with tackle football?

FUGameBreaker
December 2nd, 2017, 07:21 AM
Very interested in seeing how this game goes

MR. CHICKEN
December 2nd, 2017, 07:40 AM

xflaggedx..........DEY....LIKE...TA CALL......ILLEGAL INVESTIN'.....ONE EYE ON GAME...ONE EYE ON WALL STREET........BRAWK!

Bison56
December 2nd, 2017, 01:12 PM
Great special teams play by KSU, JSU starts at the 1.

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2017, 01:22 PM
Shoulda went for it on 4th down.

Go for the damn throat.

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 01:23 PM
Looks like it might be a long day for kennesaw....assuming JSU offense arrives.

Bison56
December 2nd, 2017, 01:24 PM
Defensive battle so far, KSU winning the field position battle, but neither team doing much on offense so far.

Bison56
December 2nd, 2017, 02:03 PM
TD JSU after converting 2 4th and shorts to extend the drive.

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2017, 02:03 PM
These KSU students are a bunch of salty douchebags.

I love it.

7-0 Cocks 4:20 left in the half.

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 02:08 PM
1st down KSU at JSU 28.

Dewey

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 02:08 PM
Another 1st down at JSU 12. About 2 minutes to go 2nd quarter.

3rd down at the 8.

Dewey

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 02:10 PM
JSU 7 KSU 3. 102 to go 2nd quarter.

Dewey

Bison56
December 2nd, 2017, 02:11 PM
Not sure how that wasn't PI? KSU had a nice drive.

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 02:22 PM
Not sure how that wasn't PI? KSU had a nice drive.

Agreed. The announcers said it seemed pretty obvious.

Dewey

Bison56
December 2nd, 2017, 02:49 PM
TD KSU, they leaf JSU 10 to 7. Is JSU going to prove that the doubters where correct?

Bison56
December 2nd, 2017, 02:52 PM
What a INT by KSU!

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 02:54 PM
allright, gonna have to drop USD/SHSU for this game

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2017, 02:55 PM
TD KSU, they leaf JSU 10 to 7. Is JSU going to prove that the doubters where correct?
Our offense is defintely working on proving them correct.

Bison56
December 2nd, 2017, 02:56 PM
Our offense is defintely working on proving them correct.

Yeah that was a bad miss I an open receiver.

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2017, 03:08 PM
Game over.

Hopefully USA hires Grass.

What a freaking joke.

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 03:10 PM
Looks like JSU would be the first seed to fall.

Bison56
December 2nd, 2017, 03:11 PM
Defense is getting gashed now. Doesnt look like JSU made any halftime adjustments on offense. KSU is taking over.

Bison56
December 2nd, 2017, 03:12 PM
Looks like JSU would be the first seed to fall.

They are jinxed when they are the 3 seed.

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 03:13 PM
another TD KSU

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2017, 03:13 PM
They are jinxed when they are the 3 seed.
Three seed has nothing to do with it.

Our inability to run an offense has has everything to do with it.

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 03:14 PM
and people mocked me when I ranked KSU

ElCid
December 2nd, 2017, 03:15 PM
Wow, knew Kennesaw wouldn't get blown out, but not do this good.

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2017, 03:17 PM
To be fair JSUSoutherner was one of the few JSU fans who have said they didn't deserve to be seeded in front of NDSU and UCA.

dwtime
December 2nd, 2017, 03:25 PM
Jacksonville State #53 throws a shoulder into the K State WR on the bench, punk.

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2017, 03:26 PM
To be fair JSUSoutherner was one of the few JSU fans who have said they didn't deserve to be seeded in front of NDSU and UCA.He's been the only one warning about their anemic offense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 03:28 PM
KSU going through JSU defense like a hot knife through butter

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2017, 03:31 PM
He's been the only one warning about their anemic offense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Might as well add anemic coaching to the list as well.

The Yo Show
December 2nd, 2017, 03:39 PM
Sorry jsusoutherner. Stick a fork in em. Jsu is done. Kennesaw state has this game in bag

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2017, 03:40 PM
Sorry jsusoutherner. Stick a fork in em. Jsu is done. Kennesaw state has this game in bag

This game has been over a while, my friend.

GoBlueHens83
December 2nd, 2017, 03:42 PM
Getting hit with the overrated chant by the opposing fans on your home field can't feel too good.

The Yo Show
Yeah but there was always a chance that jsus offense would wake up. Have to say Kennesaw defense has been impressive

MTfan4life
"This would be one of the most miraculous comebacks ever?" This announcer hasn't watched a lot of football...

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2017, 03:46 PM
Yeah but there was always a chance that jsus offense would wake up. Have to say Kennesaw defense has been impressive

JSU has 187 yards. 99 yards rushing.

Pretty sure that's our lowest rushing total against an FCS opponent since 2012.

Getting hit with the overrated chant by the opposing fans on your home field can't feel too good.

They're not wrong.

Southern Bison
December 2nd, 2017, 03:47 PM
Jax State had 1:02 left to whine about not being the 2nd seed...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sammy94
December 2nd, 2017, 03:48 PM
Tried to tell you. Guess those Sam guys knew what they were talking about.

grizband
December 2nd, 2017, 03:48 PM
This game scared me in the pick em...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 03:49 PM
And JSU falls

Bison56
December 2nd, 2017, 03:52 PM
I agree with Southerner the coaching was terrible.

UpstateBison
December 2nd, 2017, 03:52 PM
No need to worry about tickets for The Southerners at the Fargo Dome.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2017, 03:53 PM
Good job ksu

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 03:54 PM
Nice Job KSU....

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2017, 03:56 PM
No need to worry about tickets for The Southerners at the Fargo Dome.

Someone get me a green jersey and a plane ticket. I'll come up for a game.

At least NDSU knows how to not piss away a game

CockyGeek
December 2nd, 2017, 04:02 PM
Not surprised. Grass got exposed today. Someone please hire him away. I'm thankful for what he's done for our program, but he is stubborn in his playcalling.

Horn is hot garbage. The fact we didn't put in Doss today tells you everything you need to know.

KSU has an awesome defense and an awesome traveling fanbase. Congrats.

SU DOG
Was Roc Thomas hurt? Didn't see much of him in the 2nd half.

cx500d
Someone get me a green jersey and a plane ticket. I'll come up for a game.

At least NDSU knows how to not piss away a game

Well, we are stalemated with San Diego....Our offense hasn't done anything the 2nd quarter.

BearKatProud
December 2nd, 2017, 04:03 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?199204-Austin-Peay-Deserves-a-bid&p=2571071#post2571071

I'll just leave this here.

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 04:03 PM
Not surprised. Grass got exposed today. Someone please hire him away. I'm thankful for what he's done for our program, but he is stubborn in his playcalling.

Horn is hot garbage. The fact we didn't put in Doss today tells you everything you need to know.

To be honest, with your offense I knew there was no chance at another 62-10 next week.

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2017, 04:11 PM
Well, we are stalemated with San Diego....Our offense hasn't done anything the 2nd quarter.

At least you guys are winning.

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2017, 04:11 PM
"Thanks a lot JSU..."

-Austin Peay's at-large argument

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2017, 04:16 PM
"Thanks a lot JSU..."

-Austin Peay's at-large argument

Honestly, what are the odds we can hire away Will Healy?

CockyGeek
December 2nd, 2017, 04:17 PM
We couldn't score 62 on Jacksonville High School

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 04:18 PM
Everybody is so quick to fire their coach...I gotta hand it to SDSU and Coach Steig....He's been there as HC for 20 years; loyal to the school and the school loyal to him. This despite never making it to a Natty.

DirtyDukes
December 2nd, 2017, 04:22 PM
I picked KSU - thought JSU looked soft.

Twentysix
December 2nd, 2017, 04:29 PM
I picked KSU - thought JSU looked soft.You can't say things like that after they lose. This is 2017.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

kdinva
December 2nd, 2017, 04:33 PM
How did the Owls hold Jackie State to 7 points?

CockyGeek
December 2nd, 2017, 04:33 PM
Because they knew every play we were going to run. Our offense is turrrible.

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2017, 04:34 PM
Everybody is so quick to fire their coach...I gotta hand it to SDSU and Coach Steig....He's been there as HC for 20 years; loyal to the school and the school loyal to him. This despite never making it to a Natty.
What has Grass done?

CockyGeek
December 2nd, 2017, 04:42 PM
Two playoff wins. He's basically a better version of Jack Crowe. No killer instinct. I don't want him fired, but wouldn't be sad if he left for a better job.

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2017, 04:45 PM
Two playoff wins. He's basically a better version of Jack Crowe. No killer instinct. I don't want him fired, but wouldn't be sad if he left for a better job.
I miss Eli Jenkins.

Agree 100% with the Crowe 2.0 comment.

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 04:46 PM
What has Grass done?

Didn't you get a runner up t-shirt?

CockyGeek
December 2nd, 2017, 04:48 PM
Don't project that BearKat stuff on us.

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2017, 04:52 PM
Didn't you get a runner up t-shirt?
Thanks Eli Jenkins.

Schism55
December 2nd, 2017, 05:00 PM
OVC gets 1 team in the tourney, and they can't win a game. D2 time maybe?

dgtw
December 2nd, 2017, 05:09 PM
I guess the committee taking Monmouth instead of Austin Peay wasn’t so dumb after all.

mango433
December 2nd, 2017, 05:33 PM
Stop giving JSU a seed. They play no one and routinely get beat early in the playoffs. Make them play the first weekend so we can get that joke of a team out of there.

Scooter
December 2nd, 2017, 05:38 PM
I was surprised by this score. Well, better luck next year JSU.
Congrats to KSU.

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2017, 05:38 PM
Stop giving JSU a seed. They play no one and routinely get beat early in the playoffs. Make them play the first weekend so we can get that joke of a team out of there.

Agree.

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 05:53 PM
6 team Big South >> 9 team OVC

TennBison
December 2nd, 2017, 06:19 PM

But they look so good on paper.

Lion1983
December 2nd, 2017, 06:24 PM
Maybe JSU needs to join UNA and go to the Big South for football........
Have a real rival, and a stronger conference schedule.
But they would rather leave the weakest FCS conference for the weakest FBS conference.......

Bison56
December 2nd, 2017, 06:51 PM

Harsh but true.

TennBison
December 2nd, 2017, 07:59 PM
FYI to JSU fans (and UCA fans to a lesser extent), this is why your school is not allowed to be ranked #2. Your teams are over ranked, they could not manage to put a hurt on a wet box of tissues. Your fans went crazy when NDSU was placed ahead of you and now God has blessed you with the answer why. Just be happy you were even allowed to be in the playoffs, let alone being seeded.

TennBison
December 2nd, 2017, 08:03 PM
Congrats to KSU on taking out the #3xlmaox

dgtw
December 2nd, 2017, 08:15 PM
Maybe JSU needs to join UNA and go to the Big South for football........
Have a real rival, and a stronger conference schedule.
But they would rather leave the weakest FCS conference for the weakest FBS conference.......

I wouldn’t want to be in the Big South because they have too many non-football schools. Plus they have affiliates that would bail if given the opportunity. Way too unstable.

I’d join the SoCon in a heartbeat.

LuckyKat
December 2nd, 2017, 08:15 PM
Bwahahahahhhhahahajahaan

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2017, 08:20 PM
Didn't get to watch this one. Kennesaw must have a pretty good defense and JSU's offense must have stunk it up.

JSUSoutherner
December 2nd, 2017, 08:23 PM
Didn't get to watch this one. Kennesaw must have a pretty good defense and JSU's offense must have stunk it up.
Yes and Yes.

Lion1983
December 2nd, 2017, 08:35 PM
I wouldn’t want to be in the Big South because they have too many non-football schools. Plus they have affiliates that would bail if given the opportunity. Way too unstable.

I’d join the SoCon in a heartbeat.

At least one of them won a couple of playoff games this year..........

katss07
December 2nd, 2017, 09:24 PM
Bwahahahahhhhahahajahaan
Agreed

dgtw
December 2nd, 2017, 09:34 PM
At least one of them won a couple of playoff games this year..........

My belated congratulations on your 5-5 swan song in D2.

ElCid
December 2nd, 2017, 10:09 PM
This one surprised me more than the UCA/NH. I thought K ST shot their load already last week. Impressive. They looked good today. Can they keep it going?

Lion1983
December 2nd, 2017, 10:32 PM
My belated congratulations on your 5-5 swan song in D2.

It's cool, 4th string QB, mostly injured OL, toughest schedule in D2, in a conference that is stronger than the OVC. Soooooo......
(Oh yeah, a 1st year head coach at any level)
Y'all still got a slot open next year? We will be glad to play yall...

Y'all are all about joining a conference that don't want anything to do with you (SoCon), or don't want anything to do with you and sucks (Sun Belt).

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 10:35 PM
toughest schedule in D2, .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kVZUvwRGHg

Lion1983
December 2nd, 2017, 11:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kVZUvwRGHg
6 out of 10 UNA opponents made the playoffs, 4 out of the GSC. Most in D2.

Next team only played 3 playoff teams.

Don't feel like looking up the stats but I believe our opponents winning % was highest in D2.

So yeah, toughest schedule in D2.

Bison56
December 2nd, 2017, 11:48 PM
6 out of 10 UNA opponents made the playoffs, 4 out of the GSC. Most in D2.

Next team only played 3 playoff teams.

Don't feel like looking up the stats but I believe our opponents winning % was highest in D2.

So yeah, toughest schedule in D2.

Who gives a ****?

Lion1983
December 2nd, 2017, 11:53 PM
Who gives a ****?
Your mom.

Bison56
December 2nd, 2017, 11:55 PM
Your mom.
D2 level smack. xcoffeex

Lion1983
December 3rd, 2017, 12:01 AM
D2 level smack. xcoffeex
Dilly dilly.....

Can't really talk smack to NDSU, so there is that.

But JSU, D2 smack is on their level.

ming01
December 3rd, 2017, 12:03 AM
This one surprised me more than the UCA/NH. I thought K ST shot their load already last week. Impressive. They looked good today. Can they keep it going?

They have good shot at beating Shsu

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2017, 12:07 AM

I agree. SHSU is literally beatable every week. But, they have a way of moving on...

ElCid
December 3rd, 2017, 12:26 AM

I agree. SHSU is literally beatable every week. But, they have a way of moving on...

I am at a loss right now over this next game. Kennesaw's D will be a tough task for SHSU. Their O as well. Right now it is a toss up in my mind. The only edge I give SHSU right now is experience. They have been here before. That is worth a lot.

TennBison
December 3rd, 2017, 05:35 AM
...........moving on after their yearly season ending blowout loss.
Just thought I would finish it for you.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2017, 05:38 AM
KSU's defense looks pretty darn good. SHSU is going to have their hands full next week.

Katfan
December 3rd, 2017, 08:00 AM
KSU's defense looks pretty darn good. SHSU is going to have their hands full next week.
We always have our hands full..

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2017, 08:14 AM
*Yawn*

cx500d
December 3rd, 2017, 08:16 AM

That's another one that doesn't get old...

TennBison
December 3rd, 2017, 08:46 AM
*Yawn*
Yeah, I don't blame you, I would be getting tired of it as well.

ASU33
December 3rd, 2017, 09:27 AM

South Alabama may grant your wish!

Gangtackle11
December 3rd, 2017, 09:52 AM

I was bouncing around ESPN3 yesterday, but I kept coming back to this game. KSU will be a tough out. They are pretty good.

cx500d
December 3rd, 2017, 09:54 AM
I was bouncing around ESPN3 yesterday, but I kept coming back to this game. KSU will be a tough out. They are pretty good.

They might have the easiest path.....

katss07
December 3rd, 2017, 10:07 AM
They might have the easiest path.....
I initially thought Jacksonville State had the easiest path.

SHSU will have a two or three score lead at halftime, **** themselves in the third and do enough to win in
the fourth. Typical game.

katstrapper
December 3rd, 2017, 11:01 AM
This board cracks me up. #3 seed gets bounced and all everyone here can do is start the "Sam Houston has not chance" talk. How about talking about how bad the OVC really is and Jax St really wasnt as good as they were made out to be?xlolx Survive and advance is what the playoffs are all about.

cx500d
December 3rd, 2017, 11:09 AM
This board cracks me up. #3 seed gets bounced and all everyone here can do is start the "Sam Houston has not chance" talk. How about talking about how bad the OVC really is and Jax St really wasnt as good as they were made out to be?xlolx Survive and advance is what the playoffs are all about.

I think that has been done many times.

TennBison
December 3rd, 2017, 11:10 AM
I initially thought Jacksonville State had the easiest path.

SHSU will have a two or three score lead at halftime, **** themselves in the third and do enough to win in
the fourth. Typical game.
Sure it is a typical game, against their typical weak opponents. But play a top rated football program and they get beat.

Cocky
December 3rd, 2017, 11:12 AM
If your coach will run between the tackles SHSU wins. If you have a decent QB SHSU wins. If KSU wins, the next week will be ugly against a power football team.
If your rbs are good at east and west running SHSU loses. If your QB cant throw SHSU loses. If Roc comes to run for you SHSU loses.

As for seedings, not sure JSU should even get a first round host with the largest bid.

TennBison
December 3rd, 2017, 11:26 AM
Maybe that is because for years, all we have heard about is how SHSU was going to take down everyone. Quotes like, now one can keep up with our speed, we have the highest scoring offense, can't spot our hybrid run shoot option offense, blah blah blah. So this year you get a win vs a team that tied for 5th in the MVFC, a team most fans didn't even think should have been in the playoffs, and your team struggled almost losing the game. Now you face a 3rd year program that plays a style of offense and defense that typically gives your team fits, may or may not happen but this game for you has the feeling of yet another loss to a team you should be blowing out. So for all those 11-1 and 10-1 type winning seasons where your fans get so pumped up and acting like you are world beaters, you are getting exposed for the wannabees that your team is. So if you want people to stop with the "SHSU has no chance talk" then your team has to win one of those memorable/historic playoff games. No free rides for the fans of one of the most legendary trash talking teams/fan base (and legendary choking teams at the same time) to not win a big one or thee big one.

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2017, 12:14 PM
Calm down dude... anyone saying SHSU doesn't have a chance is simply trolling and you should know that by this point.

You're doing a wonderful job of propagating the stereotype SHSU fans have of being insecure though. Here's a thread for you to bump: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?124281-Keep-Doubting-SHSU!!

Bison56
December 3rd, 2017, 12:32 PM

Go to your safe place.

CommishBigSmooth
December 3rd, 2017, 12:33 PM
AGS Southerner, is this you?
The folks at KSU OwlHowl (whatever that is) apparently are on you a bit.... I spared posting the crying emojis from their Twitter for you......

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQE549TW0AYQ-at.jpg

jsualumnus
December 3rd, 2017, 01:14 PM
Man, yesterday’s ass drubbing freakin hurt! I felt like I was molested getting it in the wrong entry walking out of that game yesterday! KSU is good and well coached. I hope they beat the hell out of Keeler and the pussycats. If they don’t, I’m sure some dork of a kat fan will troll and respond to this post.

JSUSoutherner
December 3rd, 2017, 01:19 PM
AGS Southerner, is this you?
The folks at KSU OwlHowl (whatever that is) apparently are on you a bit.... I spared posting the crying emojis from their Twitter for you......

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQE549TW0AYQ-at.jpg

Yup. It's me. I saw the tweet.

I hope our coaches see it too.

CommishBigSmooth
December 3rd, 2017, 02:05 PM
Yup. It's me. I saw the tweet.

I hope our coaches see it too.

But props to you for being the team captain, anyway. :)