PDA

View Full Version : Key injuries for FCS playoffs

UofRfan
November 25th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Are any of the teams dealing with key injuries or getting guys back for the playoffs? Wondering which teams might be better or worse than their regular season results!

Good luck to everyone lucky enough to make the playoffs!!

Terrier19
November 25th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Wofford sat and rested several players that were dinged up during our last game against South Carolina to be prepared for the playoffs (4 starters). And will be getting back our big defensive disrupter on the DL in Big DT Mikel Horton. He returns for our first playoff game. The BYE week has been good to Wofford. Look for a healthy Wofford group, relatively speaking (considering we are 12 games into a season), for the playoffs

RootinFerDukes
November 25th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Season ending injuries for JMU include:
Likely starters: OL Chavious (preseason) and CB Tutt (preseason).
#1 RB Johnson (Week 3).

We’ve had other injured players but none season ending as good as I can remember. Many players are finally starting to make their way back into the lineup. Hopefully someone will point out one I missed.

UofRfan
November 25th, 2017, 10:54 AM
http://centralrecorder.com/2017/11/21/two-football-players-suspended-for-playoff-game/

NDSUtk
November 25th, 2017, 10:56 AM
NDSU hasn't lost anyone additional right now that I'm aware of.

We are still in limbo with our starting RB (Dunn) who had a hip injury. They haven't declared him our for the season. But people are talking like it has been that. He's been out a few games. We also had a starting linebacker get hurt (Jordheim) who is likely to get back. Also starting OL (Kuhnert) who is possibly back but most likely will sit out the first game to continue to rehab.

Article in the local newspaper noted we have 13 season ending injuries right now - including 8 ACLs. Seems way higher than I ever recall.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4364452-mcfeely-injured-tanguay-deluca-are-better-bison-none-all

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

BEAR
November 25th, 2017, 11:06 AM
UCA has some typical injuries but this thread does bring up a GREAT point. When teams lose a key player, for example a QB, that doesn't mean that team is horrible overall, but rather they are playing short handed. For example CCSU will be playing without their starting QB and will have a much harder time against UNH than they obviously would had he been available.

Redbird 4th & short
November 25th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Wofford sat and rested several players that were dinged up during our last game against South Carolina to be prepared for the playoffs (4 starters). And will be getting back our big defensive disrupter on the DL in Big DT Mikel Horton. He returns for our first playoff game. The BYE week has been good to Wofford. Look for a healthy Wofford group, relatively speaking (considering we are 12 games into a season), for the playoffs

General question for southern teams playing their FBS game .. why does it usually happen late in season ? Compared to midwest and northwest, and even northeast FCS teams ... where it is usually played very early in season .. anyone know why southern teams play it so late ??

Aasking because it would suck to have to get up for and play such a tough FBS game in week 10 or 11, especially with playoffs just around corner ??

RootinFerDukes
November 25th, 2017, 11:27 AM
General question for southern teams playing their FBS game .. why does it usually happen late in season ? Compared to midwest and northwest, and even northeast FCS teams ... where it is usually played very early in season .. anyone know why southern teams play it so late ??

Aasking because it would suck to have to get up for and play such a tough FBS game in week 10 or 11, especially with playoffs just around corner ??

Networks want attractive early season TV games and FCS games get pushed to late season when those attractive SEC contests used to be held.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 25th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Lehigh is fairly healthy but Stony Brook has a few:

"Senior defensive back Tyrice Beverette will miss the first half after a targeting penalty in the second half last week, but he will be on the field in the second half. Stony Brook also will be without standout receiver Ray Bolden, out with an ankle injury."

Bolden is SBU's leading receiver this year.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/college/stony-brook/confident-stony-brook-girds-for-playoff-game-against-lehigh-1.15133677

th0m
November 25th, 2017, 01:40 PM
Season ending injuries for JMU include:
Likely starters: OL Chavious (preseason) and CB Tutt (preseason).
#1 RB Johnson (Week 3).

We’ve had other injured players but none season ending as good as I can remember. Many players are finally starting to make their way back into the lineup. Hopefully someone will point out one I missed.

Not sure if season ending but Tyler Gray has not seen action since W&M. Ratke is doing alright but I remember a clutch FG by Gray in Fargo last year.