PDA

View Full Version : Athlon's Craig Haley's First Round Predictions

SU DOG
November 23rd, 2017, 08:08 AM
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/fcs-football-first-round-playoff-games-and-predictions-2017

As a Samford Fan, I see we are now 0-3 in picks to beat Kennesaw State. Two other media outlets have also gone with the Owls winning. First is Fox Sports that says 28-23 KSU

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/fcs-playoffs-samford-at-kennesaw-state-112217

And finally National Press Box has a breakdown of the 2 teams, and says that the Kennesaw State running game will be too much for the Bulldogs defense.

https://pressboxsports.net/kennesaw-state-samford-fcs-playoffs-football/

I'm surprised to see how much of an underdog this Samford team is. We all know, however, that the media is always RIGHT in their predictions. xlolx

PaladinNation
November 23rd, 2017, 12:43 PM
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/fcs-football-first-round-playoff-games-and-predictions-2017

As a Samford Fan, I see we are now 0-3 in picks to beat Kennesaw State. Two other media outlets have also gone with the Owls winning. First is Fox Sports that says 28-23 KSU

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/fcs-playoffs-samford-at-kennesaw-state-112217

And finally National Press Box has a breakdown of the 2 teams, and says that the Kennesaw State running game will be too much for the Bulldogs defense.

https://pressboxsports.net/kennesaw-state-samford-fcs-playoffs-football/

I'm surprised to see how much of an underdog this Samford team is. We all know, however, that the media is always RIGHT in their predictions. xlolx

I don't get it… I think Samford wins big!

Daytripper
November 23rd, 2017, 07:16 PM
Agree with all of them except I think Samford will beat Kennesaw.

Panthers1995
November 23rd, 2017, 07:29 PM
Monmouths leading tackler is a saftey? That is not a good sign for them against the Panthers.

Bisonwinagn
November 23rd, 2017, 10:02 PM
I have Samford wining and possibly winning the following week as well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2017, 07:59 AM
I don't get it… I think Samford wins big!

Win big? Maybe, but they do not have the defense to make it past the 1st round if they beat KSU. JSU's defense is very good.

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2017, 08:09 AM
Win big? Maybe, but they do not have the defense to make it past the 1st round if they beat KSU. JSU's defense is very good.
Is it? It's just an OVC defense with overinflated stats from playing soft teams like SEMO, Murray State, and Georgia Tech. xcoffeex

I'm sure Hatcher could get it done. He did so well against us at Murray State.

jsualumnus
November 24th, 2017, 11:05 AM
Samford’s O would give JSU more fits with deep passes, but we are more disciplined this year for sure. Kennesaw has no chance against our Run D, so I would rather play them. They are well coached by Bohannon... Appreciate the nice compliment from Bison Fan in NW MN, and I do hope we get a chance to play the Herd. As far as JSU’s O, it’s hopefully going to stick to the run and it’s QB’s speed. Horn has wheels, and so does Doss, but if we start trying to open up the run game by passing against a good KSU D then that is where we’re playing with fire.

I’ve heard from a few NDSU fans, as well, that Stick is sometimes questionable with his passing. Either way, it would be fun to watch both D’s play each other in Fargo.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Is it? It's just an OVC defense with overinflated stats from playing soft teams like SEMO, Murray State, and Georgia Tech. xcoffeex

I'm sure Hatcher could get it done. He did so well against us at Murray State.

Ya, the OVC is soft but I'll take JSU over either one of those teams in the 2nd round.

SU DOG
November 24th, 2017, 11:50 AM
I hesitate to join in any discussion at this time about JSU. I know we have a big task ahead of us tomorrow, and apparently we are the underdog. However, I will chide in about the Samford defense. It is terribly underrated the way these kids are playing right now. Last 3 games, total of 30 points given up, and an average of >100 yds/gm rushing. I think if you asked any of those 3 opponents about our "D" they would agree about the underrated part. I also will have LOTS to say about the Gamecocks later on IF and I mean IF we can get by KSU and their terrific option attack.

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Samford’s O would give JSU more fits with deep passes, but we are more disciplined this year for sure. Kennesaw has no chance against our Run D, so I would rather play them. They are well coached by Bohannon... Appreciate the nice compliment from Bison Fan in NW MN, and I do hope we get a chance to play the Herd. As far as JSU’s O, it’s hopefully going to stick to the run and it’s QB’s speed. Horn has wheels, and so does Doss, but if we start trying to open up the run game by passing against a good KSU D then that is where we’re playing with fire.

I’ve heard from a few NDSU fans, as well, that Stick is sometimes questionable with his passing. Either way, it would be fun to watch both D’s play each other in Fargo.
I agree we match up better with Kennesaw. I disagree though that we will have issues with Samford's offense.

I know a lot of people like to blame the corners for our loss to YSU last year but I still don't think they deserve as much blame as they get. YSU's offensive line was massive last year and they played well and gave their QB enough time to write a book. Our defense relies on pressure and we got none. Our corners have been good but they aren't the second coming of Primetime.

We were also stacking the box and playing the run with our safeties in the box. The play action passes murdered us.

I don't see us having that problem with Samford. They can't run and we won't have to stack the box to stop them. Drop Traco and Marlon back and force them decide between attempting to run or attempting to stop the pressure.

We didnt have have issues with Liberty or Sam Houston State. They are both offenses that throw 40 times a game. I don't think Samford's OL can give Hodges enough time to burn us deep like YSU. Plus, with Samford there's no reason to bite on the play action like there was with YSU.

The Hatch-Attack is a far cry from what YSU or NDSU threw at us.

katss07
November 24th, 2017, 12:21 PM
Samford’s offense is good, but JSU has a very good defense. I wouldn’t be surprised if Samford won a game against JSU in blowout fashion because of how weak the offense of the Gamecocks has been, but would also not be surprised if JSU won a 21-10 kind of game.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 25th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Took a stab at predicting the 1st round games myself. Not a lot of upsets, really - perhaps Nicholls?

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/11/how-will-i-watch-lehigh-at-stony-brook.html

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 11:33 AM
neither YSU of NDSU have Kelvin McKnight

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 11:47 AM

....and he is who?

TennBison
November 25th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Who is that, is he the guy that played Pee Wee Herman?

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 11:56 AM
He's the best receiver in the FCSxcoffeex

And Devlin Hodges is probably in the top 5 QBs FWIW.

Comparing Samford to an MVFC team is just not smart because of how different the philosophies are

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 12:15 PM

Comparing Samford to an MVFC team is just not smart because of how different the philosophies are

Having seen both Weineke and Goehdert in person....that guy must be really good to say that.

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 01:37 PM

Wieneke anyone? Acklin anyone? Hell, Goedert plays TE and he is probably the best receiver in college football which is why he is projected as a 1st round draft pick. xcoffeex

For QBs, it goes: Streveler/Lauletta/Cookus THEN Christon/Gubrud/McGuire/Schor/Briscoe (lol)/Newton

Just remember, I just named 9 guys who are downright better at their positions. If Hodges is a Top 5 QB, I want to know how you are judging him.

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 01:40 PM
Hodges is the offensive player of the year in the Socon, is rewriting the record books in the conference as a junior.

MVFC logic: "if we haven't heard of him, he's not good"

...which is funny because you guys brag about how much FCS football you watchxrolleyesx

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Hodges is the offensive player of the year in the Socon, is rewriting the record books in the conference as a junior.

...which is funny because you guys brag about how much FCS football you watchxrolleyesx

That is why I named players from the MEAC, Southland, MVFC, CAA, and Big Sky, but yeah the whole "if we haven't heard of him, he's not good" argument is sound. Do you remember how Briscoe led in almost every statistical record and remember what happened when he ran into real competition. Keep tooting your own horn buddy.

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 01:45 PM
That is why I named players from the MEAC, Southland, MVFC, CAA, and Big Sky, but yeah the whole "if we haven't heard of him, he's not good" argument is sound. Do you remember how Briscoe led in almost every statistical record and remember what happened when he ran into real competition. Keep tooting your own horn buddy.

Yes, Samford is my own horn, that is totally logically.

Hodges has thrown 66 touchdowns and about 7,000 yards in the last 23 games.

Admit it, you've never heard of him.

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Yes, Samford is my own horn, that is totally logically.

Hodges has thrown 66 touchdowns and about 7,000 yards in the last 23 games.

Admit it, you've never heard of him.

Briscoe did something similar but that does not make him a top 5 QB.

Prime example: Case Keenum.

Here is every record he holds in the FBS.

Most career pass completions: 1,546
Most career passing yards: 19,217
Most career passing touchdowns: 155
Most career games with 300+ passing yards: 39
Most games with 300+ passing yards in a single season: 14 (tied with Paul Smith)
Most seasons passing for 5,000+ yards: 3
Most seasons passing for 4,000+ yards: 3 (tied with four others)
Most career total yards: 20,114
Most career touchdowns responsible for: 178

Are you going to sit there and imply he is a top 5 QB over say: Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers, Wilson, Wentz, etc...? I did not think so. Just remember, the SoCon has been down up until this year and the last time they were good was a few years ago.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 01:56 PM

The SoCon?

I don't care....xcoffeex

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Briscoe did something similar but that does not make him a top 5 QB.

Prime example: Case Keenum.

Here is every record he holds in the FBS.

Most career pass completions: 1,546
Most career passing yards: 19,217
Most career passing touchdowns: 155
Most career games with 300+ passing yards: 39
Most games with 300+ passing yards in a single season: 14 (tied with Paul Smith)
Most seasons passing for 5,000+ yards: 3
Most seasons passing for 4,000+ yards: 3 (tied with four others)
Most career total yards: 20,114
Most career touchdowns responsible for: 178

Are you going to sit there and imply he is a top 5 QB over say: Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers, Wilson, Wentz, etc...? I did not think so. Just remember, the SoCon has been down up until this year and the last time they were good was a few years ago.

No, we were better last year. 4 teams in the playoffs. We were bad between 2013 and 2015 (Wofford, Furman were down and we only got 2 playoff teams in those times), but we're safely back as of last year..

There's basically no way of changing your mind that Hodges is a good QB, so I'm not going to try. There's too much of a fundamental attribution problem in your logic that's too thick to dissect.

- - - Updated - - -

The SoCon?

I don't care....xcoffeex

At least you're honest

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 01:59 PM
No, we were better last year. 4 teams in the playoffs. We were bad between 2013 and 2015 (Wofford, Furman were down and we only got 2 playoff teams in those times), but we're safely back as of last year..

There's basically no way of changing your mind that Hodges is a good QB, so I'm not going to try. There's too much of a fundamental attribution problem in your logic that's too thick to dissect.

- - - Updated - - -

At least you're honest

There's basically no way of changing your mind that Hodges is not a top 5 QB, since that is what we were arguing, so I'm not going to try. There's too much of a fundamental attribution problem in your logic that's too thick to dissect, since I like to change where the argument is so it fits my ill-informed narrative.

At least you're dishonest.

Do you ever read what you type before typing it?

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 02:02 PM
There's basically no way of changing your mind that Hodges is not a top 5 QB, since that is what we were arguing, so I'm not going to try. There's too much of a fundamental attribution problem in your logic that's too thick to dissect, since I like to change where the argument is so it fits my ill-informed narrative.

At least you're dishonest.

Do you ever read what you type before typing it?

lol someone gets really butt hurt when others try to give credit to teams they don't like, go take a nap or somethingxcoffeex

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 02:04 PM
lol someone gets really butt hurt when others try to give credit to teams they don't like, go take a nap or somethingxcoffeex

Says the one trying to change the subject since I proved you wrong, but yeah, go ahead an assume I am the one who is "butt hurt".

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Says the one trying to change the subject since I proved you wrong, but yeah, go ahead an assume I am the one who is "butt hurt".

I'm not changing the subject. I still think Hodges is one of the best (top 5) in the country, as is McKnight, I just have the sense to know that for a lot of teams it's indistinguishable.

I'm just here to watch some good football and you're still noticeably butt hurt, better get some lotion for that.

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 02:12 PM
I'm not changing the subject. I still think Hodges is one of the best (top 5) in the country, as is McKnight, I just have the sense to know that for a lot of teams it's indistinguishable.

I'm just here to watch some good football and you're still noticeably butt hurt, better get some lotion for that.

You can't be serious?

Put Cookus, Lauletta, or Streveler on either NDSU or JMU and you are telling me they do not go undefeated throughout the season? Yeah ok.

I finally figured out who you were:

https://digitizor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/troll_Green.jpg

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Put any of those teams in Hodges place and Hodges in their place and they perform similarly, if not indistinguishably.

It's not an either/or thing my man, it can be nuanced.

just chill out, rub something on your hurt ass and enjoy some football

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 02:18 PM
Put any of those teams in Hodges place and Hodges in their place and they perform similarly, if not indistinguishably.

It's not an either/or thing my man, it can be nuanced.

just chill out, rub something on your hurt ass and enjoy some football

You keep saying this. Are you trying to tell us something about yourself that you are afraid to talk about?

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 02:21 PM
No, you're just a very angry person and you haven't proven you aren't butt hurt so I assume that must be the casexlolx

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 02:23 PM
No, you're just a very angry person and you haven't proven you aren't butt hurt so I assume that must be the casexlolx

I would say I am far from angry, and the ones on here who know me, would agree, except BF02, he just likes to troll.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 02:26 PM

xlolx

Wrong 100%

Having met 28, you are not even close.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say I am far from angry, and the ones on here who know me, would agree, except BF02, he just likes to troll.

Where is he today?

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 02:27 PM
xlolx

Wrong 100%

Having met 28, you are not even close.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is he today?

Are you sure? He likes to make big assumptions and I think we should trust him. xlolx

Working on the vehicle probably and trying to put the engine back together.

NDSUtk
November 25th, 2017, 02:29 PM

Problem is, different people value different things to distinguish what "best" or "top 5" means. Let's take Brock Jensen back in the day for the Bison. Never had gaudy stats, but he won games. Finished as the all-time wins leader for FCS QB. Was he a top 5 QB? Depends what you want - his stats were never going to be amazing because that wasn't what he needed to do. Did you want him leading your team when you need to score to win? Yeah, you did. Example A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMvobbZlGCI

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 02:30 PM

Honestly, I haven't tried to troll you but I can see how easy it would be to do so

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Problem is, different people value different things to distinguish what "best" or "top 5" means. Let's take Brock Jensen back in the day for the Bison. Never had gaudy stats, but he won games. Finished as the all-time wins leader for FCS QB. Was he a top 5 QB? Depends what you want - his stats were never going to be amazing because that wasn't what he needed to do. Did you want him leading your team when you need to score to win? Yeah, you did. Example A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMvobbZlGCI

This we can agree on. Saying he was top 5 was an arbitrary measure. The fact that y'all jump on that vanilla claim in passing is what's annoying (and wreaks of butt hurt)

Point is: he's a good player that should be taken seriously (though Samford is in full Samford mode down 21-10 in the second)

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Honestly, I haven't tried to troll you but I can see how easy it would be to do so

If you truly enjoy trolling and look forward to it, you lead a sad and pathetic life and I actually pity you.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 02:35 PM
This we can agree on. Saying he was top 5 was an arbitrary measure. The fact that y'all jump on that vanilla claim in passing is what's annoying (and wreaks of butt hurt)

Point is: he's a good player that should be taken seriously (though Samford is in full Samford mode down 21-10 in the second)

Watching him in this game, he is good but Top 5?? No.

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 02:35 PM

Top 5 QBs win games when they need to and do not let the spotlight best them. xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Watching him in this game, he is good but Top 5?? No.

He tried arguing top 5 and I made the point he was wrong, so he moved the goalposts to change his argument so it would seem more sound. I never said he was not good, just not top 5 as I named 9 other QBs who have a claim for it as well.

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Top 5 QBs win games when they need to and do not let the spotlight best them. xthumbsupx

Fundamental Attribution Problem...Samford's defense is sucking high tit right now; not his fault.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 02:39 PM
He tried arguing top 5 and I made the point he was wrong, so he moved the goalposts to change his argument so it would seem more sound. I never said he was not good, just not top 5 as I named 9 other QBs who have a claim for it as well.

Reading your exchange with him, I had many eye rolls reading his retorts....xlolx..........xrolleyesx

** same with gangtackle a couple of days ago....saying weather had no bearing in the SDSU/Vill game last year....xrolleyesx

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 02:40 PM
If you truly enjoy trolling and look forward to it, you lead a sad and pathetic life and I actually pity you.

I mean I don't, but it's almost as bad as thinking voicing contempt on an FCS message board should carry some moral weight to a stranger.

It's the internet, lighten up. Good football is on!

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 02:42 PM
Fundamental Attribution Problem...Samford's defense is sucking high tit right now; not his fault.

So he can't keep scoring and tell his defense to show up? Do you see what I am doing? I am just mocking you at your own game.

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 02:43 PM
Reading your exchange with him, I had many eye rolls reading his retorts....xlolx..........xrolleyesx

** same with gangtackle a couple of days ago....saying weather had no bearing in the SDSU/Vill game last year....xrolleyesx

I remember that, especially lasts year argument. Clearly he has never played a game of football in the snow. Try passing the ball more than 10yds and it becomes almost impossible.

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Careful...Samford driving. This totally bad quarterback may bring them back just yet

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Careful...Samford driving. This totally bad quarterback may bring them back just yet
You were saying?

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 03:47 PM
He's having a bad game. It happens

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 06:40 PM
He's having a bad game. It happens

So that is your excuse for a Top 5 QB? GTFOH with this ****. xdrunkyx

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 06:43 PM
So that is your excuse for a Top 5 QB? GTFOH with this ****. xdrunkyx

I mean it's a matter of fact that the best players don't always win and they don't always have their best game, some just have the misfortune of having those games overlap.

I could go deeper into how that works but I have to stick with words with less than 4 syllables and ~280 characters to communicate with Bison fans, it seems

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 06:45 PM
I mean it's a matter of fact that the best players don't always win and they don't always have their best game, some just have the misfortune of having those games overlap.

I could go deeper into how that works but I have to stick with words with less than 4 syllables and ~280 characters to communicate with Bison fans, it seems

Or maybe due to the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about has something to do with it? You and the Football Czar should start your own show about QBs and your knowledge of them. Oh wait...

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Someone didn't use the lotion

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 06:50 PM

Oh please give us your lengthy synopsis of this......we all cannot wait.....xrolleyesx

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe due to the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about has something to do with it? You and the Football Czar should start your own show about QBs and your knowledge of them. Oh wait...

xlolx

Check rep!

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 06:52 PM
Someone didn't use the lotion

Do you have some subtle thing for me? Oh, and since your argument was proven wrong, you resort to this again? You really need to free up the bandwidth on this sight and post something useful.

Oh please give us your lengthy synopsis of this......we all cannot wait.....xrolleyesx

#MuhSoCon #SouthernSpeed #MVFCBias

I just answered it for you. xthumbsupx

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 06:53 PM
Do you have some subtle thing for me? Oh, and since your argument was proven wrong, you resort to this again? You really need to free up the bandwidth on this sight and post something useful.

#MuhSoCon #SouthernSpeed #MVFCBias

I just answered it for you. xthumbsupx

I mean, if you think at this point I'm arguing with you, you overestimate how much I care about your opinion (and further, the lengths I'll go to argue with you)

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 06:55 PM
I mean, if you think at this point I'm arguing with you, you overestimate how much I care about your opinion (and further, the lengths I'll go to argue with you)

Then why do you keep posting.....?

Call it a night and get some sleep, I think you need it.

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 07:02 PM

Maybe he should put some grad study in.

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 07:05 PM

Because apparently any push back to you guys drives you crazy, no matter how vanilla. I love that say a QB with over 60 TD passes and 6k yards in 2 seasons is a good QB is like, an assault on your honor.

It's a really fun to watch

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 07:15 PM

He is trying to xdeadhorsex and failing with his argument that Devlin is a a top 5 FCS QB.

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 07:16 PM
I've stopped arguing that like 10 posts ago, at this point I'm just trying to bug you, which is really easy, because expressing any opinion about a team you're unfamiliar with sets you offxlolx

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 07:16 PM
Because apparently any push back to you guys drives you crazy, no matter how vanilla. I love that say a QB with over 60 TD passes and 6k yards in 2 seasons is a good QB is like, an assault on your honor.

I proved you wrong with the Case Keenum argument and then you said I was butt hurt. That is how I know I won and you lost but you have no logical way to combat it, so you weakly attempt to troll and then go all #MuhSoCon #MVFCBias etc... on us.

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 07:17 PM
I've stopped arguing that like 10 posts ago, at this point I'm just trying to bug you, which is really easy, because expressing any opinion about a team you're unfamiliar with sets you offxlolx

That is why I stated how 9 other QBs were better? xrotatehx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 07:17 PM

Keep going shooter....xlolx

We wont be tested on this stuff by you will we? Quiz on Monday morning??

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Keep going shooter....xlolx

We wont be tested on this stuff by you will we? Quiz on Monday morning??

You may use this though:

https://cdn2.littlethings.com/app/uploads/2017/09/student-notecard-8-600x600.jpg

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 07:22 PM
I proved you wrong with the Case Keenum argument and then you said I was butt hurt. That is how I know I won and you lost but you have no logical way to combat it, so you weakly attempt to troll and then go all #MuhSoCon #MVFCBias etc... on us.

You know how to know whether or not I've given full "effort" on this argument?

I don't think a single post in this thread has been longer than a couple sentences.

I'm not here to chalk up W's and L's on the internet, but if it gives you a hard on, keep going buddy

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 07:26 PM
You know how to know whether or not I've given full "effort" on this argument?

I don't think a single post in this thread has been longer than a couple sentences.

I'm not here to chalk up W's and L's on the internet, but if it gives you a hard on, keep going buddy

If you want to pretend you know what you're talking about, keep going. The floor is yours.

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 07:35 PM
If you want to pretend you know what you're talking about, keep going. The floor is yours.

No, see you don't get it...I really don't care enough. At this point, it's like arguing over how many angels could dance on the head of a pin (especially since many of those QBs aren't going to make it past the quarterfinals).

I'd gladly *discuss* the point, and the method we come at those conclusions at another time in another thread, but I'm not going to *argue* the point with you right now to satiate some weird argument boner you have.

Not everything has to be an argument fellas, as soon as you frame it as much and insist I participate or else be labeled a troll, you lose me.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 07:38 PM
No, see you don't get it...I really don't care enough. At this point, it's like arguing over how many angels could dance on the head of a pin (especially since many of those QBs aren't going to make it past the quarterfinals).

I'd gladly *discuss* the point, and the method we come at those conclusions at another time in another thread, but I'm not going to *argue* the point with you right now to satiate some weird argument boner you have.

Not everything has to be an argument fellas, as soon as you frame it as much and insist I participate or else be labeled a troll, you lose me.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26612&stc=1

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 07:41 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26613&stc=1

Bisonoline
November 25th, 2017, 11:40 PM

You had him boxed so he resorts to the I dont care mode but youre but hurt reply. I was wondering how long it would take until the intellectual facade hes been stroking to melt away.
Hes just a tool. Nothing more--nothing less.

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2017, 09:33 AM
lol y'all complain when I argue with anything resembling vigor and then complain when I don't.

Which is why I don't try...because you don't care and wouldn't listen anyway, so I'm not wasting the effort.

PS: I watched Cookus. was not impressed.

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 10:41 AM
You had him boxed so he resorts to the I dont care mode but youre but hurt reply. I was wondering how long it would take until the intellectual facade hes been stroking to melt away.
Hes just a tool. Nothing more--nothing less.

I was not even trying to box him either. I just wanted to know where the goalposts were going to be placed so we could come to some conclusion, but he felt the need to keep trying to change the argument, so I kept bringing up different arguments instead.

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2017, 10:51 AM
I was not even trying to box him either. I just wanted to know where the goalposts were going to be placed so we could come to some conclusion, but he felt the need to keep trying to change the argument, so I kept bringing up different arguments instead.

Again, here you go thinking I actually made the effort to argue with you. Look buddy, I don't know why you're obsessed about arguing over a minute point I made while praising another team's player in passing (pun intended; heck, looking back I even said he was *probably* top 5, which kind of shows how imprecise I was being). Heck, the original comment was pointed toward a JSU fan, who made the point that they'd played NDSU and YSU before, but Samford played a different style so it was a faulty comparison.

If you want to have a fruitful discussion about ranking FCS players, I'll gladly have it over PM (my inbox is open), because to be honest with you I don't have a dog in the fight.

I just think it's extremely weird that you jumped on a random, vanilla and want to fight about it with the zeal of someone with their honor insulted

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Again, here you go thinking I actually made the effort to argue with you. Look buddy, I don't know why you're obsessed about arguing over a minute point I made while praising another team's player in passing (pun intended; heck, looking back I even said he was *probably* top 5, which kind of shows how imprecise I was being). Heck, the original comment was pointed toward a JSU fan, who made the point that they'd played NDSU and YSU before, but Samford played a different style so it was a faulty comparison.

If you want to have a fruitful discussion about ranking FCS players, I'll gladly have it over PM (my inbox is open), because to be honest with you I don't have a dog in the fight.

I just think it's extremely weird that you jumped on a random, vanilla and want to fight about it with the zeal of someone with their honor insulted

Let me know when you are done making excuses. It would really help you out in the long run.

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2017, 11:05 AM
So explaining a sequence of events is making excuses?

Not everything has to be an argument.

My PM is open

(I offer PM because you strike as someone who cares for nuance, but I can't seem to write a full explainer without the circle jerk of NDSU fans complaining about length, so I'd rather make it an A-B conversation)

cx500d
November 26th, 2017, 08:32 PM
So explaining a sequence of events is making excuses?

Not everything has to be an argument.

My PM is open

(I offer PM because you strike as someone who cares for nuance, but I can't seem to write a full explainer without the circle jerk of NDSU fans complaining about length, so I'd rather make it an A-B conversation)

Its not the length, but rather the girth we complain about.