PDA

View Full Version : CCSU at New Hampshire (Round 1)

BEAR
November 20th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Alright. Since I didn't see a thread on this game... Can anyone tell me about these two teams?

Who is favorited? What players to look out for? What style of offenses and defenses they run?

Winner of this matchup gets to come play on the dreaded stripes in Conway, Arkansas. xlolx

katss07
November 20th, 2017, 08:56 AM
UNH is a decent team, but IMO a team that should not have gotten to this point. Aside from the Elon win, they have no real impressive wins. They got killed by a weak Holy Cross team and were shutout by Albany. If they face a good defense they don’t score much. Trevor Knight is the Wildcats quarterback. I have always seen him as a leader who can make big plays. He had a pretty good year. I would watch out for him.

CCStU is the best the NEC can offer in the FCS playoffs. Made a nice comeback in the NEC title game against Duquense. They can put up points. I like the Blue Devils in this one. CCStU will be motivated, this is their first appearance in five plus years. UNH isn’t great. I think Central Connecticut comes out on top in a very close upset.

Prediction: CCStU 28-27 UNH

Mattymc727
November 20th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Hard to say, I know only about UNH, and its not a very good team. UNH has a decent defense this year, but is struggling mightily with its offensive line. Knight was sacked 8 times Saturday with 2 fumbles?

Id assume UNH can move the ball better against CCSU, especially at home, where its hard to beat UNH, but I dont see total dominance.

Id imagine whoever wins, will fall apart down in Conway.

ElCid
November 20th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Not going to be close. Somewhere around 37-13 NH. Only saw CCSU once in their opener, but they did not look very good. Might be close at half, but if for nothing else, NH experience will prove out in the end.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2017, 09:20 AM
UNH has been wildly inconsistent all season; the only thing I can say for sure is that their defense is playing as well as they have all season. In the last five games, not counting defensive scores, UNH's defense has allowed 10 points (Towson, 1 TD returned for TD), 14 points (JMU, 1 TD returned for TD), 16 points (WM), 6 points (Elon) and 13 points (Albany). The defense should keep them in games.

The offense is largely a mess. The offensive tackles aren't good enough to protect against speed rushers (Herron and McInerny got absolutely owned by Albany's DE's), the guards and centers don't seem to generate much space for the running backs, who are largely inexperienced and hurt, and the quarterback hasn't really proven he can do anything against good competition, though he's lit up a number of teams this year. He's incredibly fumble prone of late, as well. The wideouts beyond Neil O'Connor have had a largely difficult time getting open against good defenses, as well. The offensive coordinator doubles down that issue by running routes that seem to take a long time to develop.

The offense has been good before, though -- they hung 35 on a pretty good WM defense, and 22 on FBS Georgia Southern in the first half. They scored 24 in the first half against 9-2 Stony Brook before completely folding. They do not make quality adjustments on gameplans, that is for sure. If UNH can buy Knight time, they'll win -- if not, it's probably a low scoring toss-up. Knight's only playoff action was last year getting routed by JMU, as he did not play in the rout against Lehigh.

I would expect a CAA team to beat an NEC team often in the playoffs, but UNH has been wildly inconsistent and was stunned two years ago at home against Colgate, so I think anything is possible here against a team making their first appearance with nothing to lose.

JayMYou
November 20th, 2017, 11:29 AM
My prediction, this game comes down to a controversial final play where CCSU's winning field goal is mysteriously pushed wide right in mid air. Some suspect the daughter of UNH's Athletic Director, a student at an obscure private school in England, who could be heard whispering something under her breath at the time of the kick. She was also reported to have been sneaking around playoff committee meetings waving a stick and pulling chunks of hair from committee member's heads.

https://smassingculture.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/opkj.gif?w=748

aceinthehole
November 20th, 2017, 12:14 PM
I will have more as we get closer to the game, but here are my initial impressions from the CCSU side.

Historically, we've have limited success against CAA teams, and have never defeated UNH in 8 attempts since the 1975 season. Going into the game, I would set CCSU as a 10-point underdog.

Central is riding a 8 game winning streak which is a school record for consecutive wins in a single season. This is not the same team that opened up 0-3 (at Syracuse, at Youngstown State, and vs. Fordham). The NEC wasn't particularly strong this year, but it wasn't a pushover either - Duquesne, St. Francis, and Bryant were good, but not great wins. We also had a nice, convincing win at home vs. Penn.

But, I really think the Fordham game was the turning point for a bunch of reasons. First, we came out hot early and were up big. We let them back in the game (twice) but battled back (twice). Ultimately we lost on a pick-6 INT during our 2 minute drill with the game tied. Our QB had to grow up fast - he had been to inconsistent and inaccurate. We also seemed to play "soft" with a lead. I think the team regroup after that and realized, if the didn't get it together it would be another long, disappointing season. Similarly, the 4OT game at Wagner further proved this team too easily let up with the lead, but eventually railed back to win. I think at this point, they started to believe.

Anyway, on offense I think we are well rounded and have the ability to score quickly - but I also question our play calling and QB accuracy at times. When we are clicking, we are good - when the QB (Dolegala) is off with his passes, we can sputter. We have a great RB (Nash), a transfer from WVU, who rushed for 1,000 yards on the year (2k+ for his CCSU career). He is very small, but is quick and can be elusive behind his blockers. Our other RB (Jean-Guillaume) is even faster and bigger; they are a great 1-2 combo. We also have a capable corps of receivers. We are averaging 30+ points a game, so I really think we can put some points up on the board against UNH.

Defense is actually the strength of the team. Central Connecticut actually leads the country in defensive touchdowns this season with six (6). The Blue Devils have returned two fumbles and four interceptions for a touchdown in the 10 games this season. The Blue Devils are also 11th in the country in turnover margin this season (+11) having forced 11 fumbles and intercepted 12 passes this season, while losing just five fumbles and throwing seven interceptions in 10 games this season. Again, this is not the team we saw in the beginning of the year. The 'Cuse offense picked our secondary apart and we were crushed at YSU, so we can't hide from that.

Bottom line, this isn't the strongest New Hampshire team we've ever faced and I think our guys have a lot of confidence heading into this matchup. History, ratings, and stats suggests UNH is the better or stronger team, but CCSU has a lot to suggest they could pull it off the upset and get the program's first post-season win.

ElCid
November 20th, 2017, 12:20 PM
I will have more as we get closer to the game, but here are my initial impressions from the CCSU side.

Historically, we've have limited success against CAA teams, and have never defeated UNH in 8 attempts since the 1975 season. Going into the game, I would set CCSU as a 10-point underdog.

Central is riding a 8 game winning streak which is a school record for consecutive wins in a single season. This is not the same team that opened up 0-3 (at Syracuse, at Youngstown State, and vs. Fordham). The NEC wasn't particularly strong this year, but it wasn't a pushover either - Duquesne, St. Francis, and Bryant were good, but not great wins. We also had a nice, convincing win at home vs. Penn.

But, I really think the Fordham game was the turning point for a bunch of reasons. First, we came out hot early and were up big. We let them back in the game (twice) but battled back (twice). Ultimately we lost on a pick-6 INT during our 2 minute drill with the game tied. Our QB had to grow up fast - he had been to inconsistent and inaccurate. We also seemed to play "soft" with a lead. I think the team regroup after that and realized, if the didn't get it together it would be another long, disappointing season. Similarly, the 4OT game at Wagner further proved this team too easily let up with the lead, but eventually railed back to win. I think at this point, they started to believe.

Anyway, on offense I think we are well rounded and have the ability to score quickly - but I also question our play calling and QB accuracy at times. When we are clicking, we are good - when the QB (Dolegala) is off with his passes, we can sputter. We have a great RB (Nash), a transfer from WVU, who rushed for 1,000 yards on the year (2k+ for his CCSU career). He is very small, but is quick and can be elusive behind his blockers. Our other RB (Jean-Guillaume) is even faster and bigger; they are a great 1-2 combo. We also have a capable corps of receivers. We are averaging 30+ points a game, so I really think we can put some points up on the board against UNH.

Defense is actually the strength of the team. Central Connecticut actually leads the country in defensive touchdowns this season with six (6). The Blue Devils have returned two fumbles and four interceptions for a touchdown in the 10 games this season. The Blue Devils are also 11th in the country in turnover margin this season (+11) having forced 11 fumbles and intercepted 12 passes this season, while losing just five fumbles and throwing seven interceptions in 10 games this season. Again, this is not the team we saw in the beginning of the year. The 'Cuse offense picked our secondary apart and we were crushed at YSU, so we can't hide from that.

Bottom line, this isn't the strongest New Hampshire team we've ever faced and I think our guys have a lot of confidence heading into this matchup. History, ratings, and stats suggests UNH is the better or stronger team, but CCSU has a lot to suggest they could pull it off the upset and get the program's first post-season win.

Nice run down. Thanks for taking the time to put it together. Haven't seen them play since the Syracuse game. I might be shortchanging them, but NH has the experience if nothing else. I have been watching your scores each week though. Congrats on the title.

HensRock
November 20th, 2017, 12:24 PM
Go Blue Devils !!!

NHwildEcat
November 20th, 2017, 12:50 PM
It is hard to beat UNH at home. If this game were at CCSU, I pick them to win. UNH has inconsistent QB play and I question if this kid can win when it really matters- the OL isn't helping; but the defense has been their backbone. Anyways, I think UNH will be able enough to muster enough points to pull this one out 24-20.

katss07
November 20th, 2017, 01:07 PM

Good stuff. I think CCSU will pull this off. UNH is the third worst playoff team IMO, in front of San Diego and Lehigh. If Central Connecticut can do what they do turnover wise, they have a good shot.

UNHWildcat18
November 20th, 2017, 01:27 PM
I like Ace and I am glad that the CCSU is the top school in the NEC but UNH is going to stomp them next weekend, might be like the Bryant game where its close for a quarter or maybe almost to half. UNH 41-21

BEAR
November 20th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Just added a poll to see who everyone thinks will win this game. I see a pretty good division so far with the responses.

aceinthehole
November 20th, 2017, 02:19 PM
I like Ace and I am glad that the CCSU is the top school in the NEC but UNH is going to stomp them next weekend, might be like the Bryant game where its close for a quarter or maybe almost to half. UNH 41-21

I think you are being overly optimistic about UNH realative strength in this game. Basically, you are being a homer (which is fine), but if past performance is a guide, this is really only a 10-point pregame point spread.

Again, in my opinion, the NEC is not given the credit due on this board when compared to some other conferences. Overall, NEC teams have fared very well in the playoffs.

NEC Playoff Results
2010: L, 14-43 – Robert Morris at North Dakota State
2011: L, 28-31 – Albany at Stony Brook
2012: W, 31-20 – Wagner vs. Colgate
2012: L, 19-29 – Wagner at #4 Eastern Washington (Second Round)
2013: L, 27-37 – Sacred Heart at Fordham
2014: L, 22-44 – Sacred Heart at Fordham
2015: L, 49-52 – Duquesne at William & Mary
2016: L, 21-31 – Villanova at Saint Francis

Largest margin of defeat: 29 points (RMU at NDSU, 2010)
Smallest margin of defeat: 3 points (UA at SBU, 2011 and DU at W&M, 2015)
Average margin of defeat: 12 points (7 games)
Median margin of defeat: 10 points (7 games)

Only twice in the 7 seasons, has the NEC opponent lost by more than 2 scores. That includes the first year the league had the AQ when RMU traveled to the Fargo Dome to play NDSU (a quarterfinalist team that was eliminated by National Champs EWU).

Twice the NEC has lost by a FG, and three times the league representative has lost by just 10 points. That includes Wagner's 10-point Second Round defeat to #2 Eastern Washington, who reached the semifinals.

By comparison, just last year Lehigh lost by 43 at New Hampshire, and in 2015 Fordham lost by 30 to Chattanooga. Both those losses were bigger than anything in the 7 year history of the NEC in the playoffs.

Mattymc727
November 20th, 2017, 02:27 PM
Ace, I think this game is a lot closer than expected, but I'm not sure how you can look at that playoff record and use the term "fared very well". 1-7 in the playoffs, regardless of score differential, is pretty sad.

aceinthehole
November 20th, 2017, 02:35 PM
Ace, I think this game is a lot closer than expected, but I'm not sure how you can look at that playoff record and use the term "fared very well". 1-7 in the playoffs, regardless of score differential, is pretty sad.

Well, if it is only about the final result, sure it has been disappointing. But I think the point is in 5 of the last 6 years, another bounce of the ball, eliminated a mistake, run a big play, and those all could have been wins.

I think if you asked fans from EWU, William & Mary, and Villanova they would all tell you that the NEC team had a chance to win in the 4th quarter. Sure, we've come up short, but that beats a 30+ drubbing that a lot of other teams have taken.

Gangtackle11
November 20th, 2017, 02:57 PM
Opening line is UNH -9 1/2

aceinthehole
November 20th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Opening line is UNH -9 1/2

Just call me “Ace Rothstein” :)

caa51
November 20th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Just call me “Ace Rothstein” :)

That's a great call Ace. You may have missed your calling!! I believe the #1 factor in this game is if CCSU can get consistent pressure on Knight. If they can they can pull the upset and if they cannot it will be a long day.

RedFlash
November 20th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Well, if it is only about the final result, sure it has been disappointing. But I think the point is in 5 of the last 6 years, another bounce of the ball, eliminated a mistake, run a big play, and those all could have been wins.

I think if you asked fans from EWU, William & Mary, and Villanova they would all tell you that the NEC team had a chance to win in the 4th quarter. Sure, we've come up short, but that beats a 30+ drubbing that a lot of other teams have taken.

I don't think I'd include StFU's 10 point loss to Villanova in your analysis Ace. StFU was down 31-7 entering the 4th quarter and got a pick six (why Nova was throwing the ball in the 4th quarter I have no idea) and a TD with under a minute to play. Andy Talley took his foot off the gas as I think they could have added a few more points if they were so inclined.

With that said, a 9.5 point spread is pretty respectable for an NEC team in the playoffs. If they can score one defensive TD, I like CCSU's chances.

aceinthehole
November 20th, 2017, 07:32 PM
Well here something that just changed the odds in UNH's favor. :(

NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP) — Central Connecticut State University has suspended two players, including its starting quarterback, for Saturday's first-round playoff game at New Hampshire.

Coach Pete Rossomando said Monday that quarterback Jacob Dolegala and offensive lineman David Cinti, both juniors, received the suspension for an unspecified violation of team policy.

Dolegala, a junior, has thrown for 1,953 yards and 13 touchdowns and rushed for another 212 yards and four TDs in leading Central to an 8-3 record and the school's first appearance in the FCS playoffs.

http://www.bristolpress.com/BP-CCSU/312909/ccsu-football-suspends-starting-quarterback-offensive-lineman-both-will-miss-playoff-game

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-sp-ccsu-football-players-suspended-20171120-story.html

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 20th, 2017, 07:49 PM
Wow, that sucks for you guys. Good on your coach for standing up and sending a message

Scooter
November 20th, 2017, 07:52 PM
I will be pulling for CCSU.
New Hampshire being in this tourney is a head scratcher for me. The fact that they weren't the last team in is even worse.

McNeese...you were hosed.

UNHWildcat18
November 20th, 2017, 07:55 PM
I will be pulling for CCSU.
New Hampshire being in this tourney is a head scratcher for me. The fact that they weren't the last team in is even worse.

McNeese...you were hosed.

oh please Mcneese racking up wins vs lamar Houston Baptist and a d2 team is so much more impressive than playing in the CAA.

cx500d
Wow..... 1st playoff in like forever, and these knuckleheads had to do something to screw the rest of the team. I don't know how they get accepted back in the fold...

http://www.bristolpress.com/BP-CCSU/312909/ccsu-football-suspends-starting-quarterback-offensive-lineman-both-will-miss-playoff-game

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-sp-ccsu-football-players-suspended-20171120-story.html

UNHWildcat18

Sorry Ace that really stinks xsmhx I truly wish this didn't happen

Scooter
November 20th, 2017, 08:13 PM
oh please Mcneese racking up wins vs lamar Houston Baptist and a d2 team is so much more impressive than playing in the CAA.

Remind me of your game against Sacred Heart....

McNeese would have been a better dark horse pick than New Hampshire.

aceinthehole
November 20th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Wow..... 1st playoff in like forever, and these knuckleheads had to do something to screw the rest of the team. I don't know how they get accepted back in the fold...

My thoughts exactly. ABsolutely stupid decisions by kids. Student reporter indicates he was involved in a fight at his house - no other details emerged.

I'm assuming alcohol was involved (maybe too much celebrating), and who knows if this involved other players or non student-athletes. Bottom line, the kid was immature and irresponsible and now he and his teammates have to face the consequences. Not sure what the feeling are in the locker room. Coach Ross had some balls and strong morals to make this decision - good for him.

Honestly, as I said in my preview Dolegala has been inconsistent, so losing him for the game isn't the end of the world, especially if our running game is making progress against UNH's defense. What is does do is put an untested Soph in charge to manage the offense and make some completions to move the sticks - that's what scares me.

The one positive, is the backup doesn't have the same skills or style as Dolegala, so there is no tape on him. It allows us to do some different things and maybe show some looks/plays that catches UNH off guard. At least that's what the optimist in me says.

I do think the spread move to -17

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2017, 08:23 PM

You conveniently neglect the games we have won.

caa51
November 20th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Sorry Ace that really stinks xsmhx I truly wish this didn't happen

Have to give a tremendous amount of credit to Coach Rossomando on this move. Tremendous display of character and integrity to suspend these players for their first FCS playoff appearance. Makes it easy to root for a guy like that!!

aceinthehole
November 20th, 2017, 08:44 PM
Have to give a tremendous amount of credit to Coach Rossomando on this move. Tremendous display of character and integrity to suspend these players for their first FCS playoff appearance. Makes it easy to root for a guy like that!!

Thanks. Yes, he is trying to build our program the right way, but this stings. Earlier this year we suspended some key defensive player for a game after an off-campus party where the police were called. These aren't high crimes, but stupidity by college students - yet he is holding everyone accountable for their actions.

Personally, I would feel better if I had more details about this incident and knew response in the locker room, but from a distance you have to admire the coach on this.

“We have a certain set of standards we hold our players accountable to and unfortunately these two men did not live up to those,” Rossomando said by phone Monday. “We had to unfortunately suspend them and we’re going to have to play this week without them.”

“I had to talk to some different people and at that point for me, it was easy to make it,” Rossomando said. “We have just a certain standard, team rules we have and everybody has to abide by them including our starting quarterback and backup center and they did not. They put me in a situation where I had to make a difficult decision.”

“I don’t think these ever come at a good time but they’re decisions you have to make,” Rossomando said. “These are 18-22 year old young men that you deal with on a daily basis but if you don’t have rules and regulations and standards they have to live by things are going to get out of control and we can’t allow that.” http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-sp-ccsu-football-players-suspended-20171120-story.html

Mattymc727
November 20th, 2017, 08:55 PM
Now that’s a coach building a system and a program! Almost unconscionable that two players would jeopardize their season like that.

Henny
November 20th, 2017, 09:02 PM
Go Cent Conn!!

The Marty Scarno's go down in flames for the 14th straight year!!!

KPSUL
November 20th, 2017, 09:18 PM
All season the UNH offense has had a pattern of 2 solid performances, followed by one catastrophic failure, and none of those failures were in Durham, NH. The defense may be the most under rated squad in the CAA. UNH has not been known for its defense in decades, so it is easy to overlook them when you are playing in a conference with teams known for defense like Stony Brook, Delaware and Villanova. UNH did the best job of any opponent defensively against JMU all year and the game was in Harrisonburg. JMU scored 14 offensive points in the 1st half and none in the 2nd. Their last score was a 80 yard interception return. JMU was 3 of 15 on third down and they were forced to punt 8 times.

CCSU has had a great year, and a memorable 8 game win streak - exactly the same number of games that Elon won against a much tougher schedule before playing UNH in the dungeon 10 days
ago. It could be a rocky trip for UNH in the playoffs after Saturday, but UNH is an odds on favorite to win this game.

KPSUL
November 20th, 2017, 09:25 PM
Go Cent Conn!!

UNH is 6-4 in the playoffs the last 4 seasons.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26574&stc=1

Henny
November 20th, 2017, 09:51 PM
No whining at all Marty is on the committee to rep the conference not UNH.

Good luck as a football independent!

caa51
November 20th, 2017, 09:55 PM
Go Cent Conn!!

All of you Lil Hens fans are really starting to embarrass yourselves. Your Coach, who had to put down his pacifier while he whined like a baby was completely shown up by his Captain Brody Kern who acted as the coach should have by taking complete responsibility for not making the playoffs by admitting they only had themselves to blame. You would have thought young Mr. Kern, who is a great OL BTW, was the adult and that embarrassment coach rocco was the teenager. My memory is not as good as it once was so please remind me how long it's been since the Lil Hens made it to the dance? The answer is too long so don't ever think you will get the benefit of the doubt over a team that holds the longest playoff streak in the nation. At least your stadium was used for a D3 playoff game because that's the only playoff game it's seen in a long time!!! Time to go away guys, don't have to go away mad just go away and enjoy watching the playoffs AGAIN!!!

UNHWildcat18
November 20th, 2017, 10:10 PM
No whining at all Marty is on the committee to rep the conference not UNH.

Good luck as a football independent!

Take your trolling back to the henhouse or whatever your forum is called. Unless you have something decent to contribute, which I have yet to see. Come to think of it I have never seen you post on here this season until now.

UNHWildcat18
November 20th, 2017, 10:21 PM
Remind me of your game against Sacred Heart....

McNeese would have been a better dark horse pick than New Hampshire.

Holy Cross* at least get the name right if you are going to throw some shade. McNeese was up 28-21 on Florida Tech after 3 quarters, alcorn state houston baptist, incarnate word? none of these teams would win a game in the CAA IMO

Last time UNH played a 9-2 McNeese team we won 49-13 at McNeese :D

UNH72Plus
November 20th, 2017, 10:50 PM
UNH should win this one. As has been mentioned their D has been steadily improving, even with the loss of two very good DEs. They've also been missing a quality DB in Pop Lacey. They held JMU scoreless for 3 of 4 quarters giving up only 14 points in the 2nd. They're prone to giving up big plays but have been one of the best in the red zone. As noted, the offense has had troubles against teams with quick DEs, but going into last week Knight was 11th in the country in passing yardage and he has several quality targets in O'Connor, Presley, Love, and Lorden. The running game has been a disappointment all year except for the Bryant game when Gray had 98 yards and the Towson game when #3 RB Chatman had 187 yards and #4 Gallagher (a converted WR) had 104.

The loss of Dolegala is big since his back-up Kingsley is 7 for 10 in passing for 43 yards and no TDs in two games.

All this being said UNH has still got to get their heads in the game, avoid dumb penalties and turnovers, and get a much better performance from their O-line.

UNH72Plus
November 20th, 2017, 10:53 PM
Oops, I missed the YSU game, so Kingsley is 9 of 13 for 55 yards in 3 games, and has rushed for 55 yards in 18 attempts.

ElCid
November 20th, 2017, 10:56 PM
Wow, just heard CCSU apparently suspended starting QB for violation of team rules. Glad there are still still team who enforce a code of conduct regardless.

UNHFootballAlum
November 21st, 2017, 12:01 AM
Stop defending UNH for being in the playoffs. UD had a chance to win and be in and did not finish the job. Stop blaming UNH, who were not 1 of the final 2 team's in the field. If ourAD has that kind of power, I am glad he is repping UNH

cx500d
November 21st, 2017, 12:15 AM
Stop defending UNH for being in the playoffs. UD had a chance to win and be in and did not finish the job. Stop blaming UNH, who were not 1 of the final 2 team's in the field. If ourAD has that kind of power, I am glad he is repping UNH

Exactly....Any team that was on the bubble and didn't get in have no one but them selves to blame. If they would have taken care of business during the season, especially not folding like a wet noodle on the last game of the year....

Little Stevie
November 21st, 2017, 04:37 AM
Agreed. I was in playoffs 2X. Once thru a side door (someone else lost),another thru the front door.
The quickest,easiest way to do it =front door/to play your way in. UNH boat races CCSU,it will be moot point.

Mattymc727
November 21st, 2017, 06:26 AM
Who knew UD had so many lurking trolls? Couldn't be happier their program went into the tank after that awesome choke in 2010.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2017, 07:06 AM
Take your trolling back to the henhouse or whatever your forum is called. Unless you have something decent to contribute, which I have yet to see. Come to think of it I have never seen you post on here this season until now.

What time are you supposed to gas up Marty's Porsche?

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2017, 07:12 AM
Exactly....Any team that was on the bubble and didn't get in have no one but them selves to blame. If they would have taken care of business during the season, especially not folding like a wet noodle on the last game of the year....

folding like a wet noodle in the last game worked just fine for UNH

I don't want Delaware in after the Nova game, give us a deserving team!

caa51
November 21st, 2017, 07:15 AM

Your jealousy and envy is bringing out a very ugly side of you. Hang in there hen fans, you will make it back to the playoffs someday.

UNHWildcat18
November 21st, 2017, 07:24 AM

oh please I call out a guy spewing ****

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2017, 07:39 AM
Your jealousy and envy is bringing out a very ugly side of you. Hang in there hen fans, you will make it back to the playoffs someday.

read the next post and learn how to take a joke

aceinthehole
November 24th, 2017, 10:08 AM
From the Hartford Courant:

CCSU Heads Into Playoff Game With Backup Quarterback, But Team Remains Confident

Tanner Kinglsey completed one pass after another earlier this week.The Central Connecticut State football players on the Arute Field sideline seemed more impressed with each throw. The oohs and aahs grew louder after the sophomore lefthander opened up and completed a tight, well-covered slant to his right, then, the 6-foot, 175-pounder from Beacon Falls and Woodland High delivered on a crossing route over the middle amid a heavy rush. Complete.
Oooh.

“Oh, we have confidence he can get the job done,” said sophomore running back Drew Jean-Guillaume, who has a team-leading 32 receptions for 366 yards and four touchdowns. “We just have to make a few adjustments but I’m not worried about anything at all.”

The Blue Devils (8-3) were in the midst of a second day in a row of practice in which nothing seemed unusual on offense. That was good news for Kinglsey because he’s thrown just nine passes this season, but has unexpectedly been thrust into the starter’s role for Central this week. It’s not any old game, either. His first-ever start will come in the Football Championship Subdivision playoff game against New Hampshire (7-4) Saturday at Durham Stadium (2 p.m.). http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-sp-central-football-responds-20171121-story.html

-----

All eyes in this region should be on the game - Central Connecticut State at New Hampshire

This is the only D-I college football game being played in all of New England this Saturday. Findlay plays at Assumption (Worcester, MA) in a D-II playoff game.

The only other New England college football teams on the schedule are on the road:
Boston College at Syracuse
Connecticut at Cincinnati
Husson (Bangor, ME) at Delaware Valley --- D-III playoffs

Terry2889
November 24th, 2017, 02:54 PM

Didn't Wagner knock off Villanova a few years ago?

Terry2889
November 24th, 2017, 02:55 PM

If we didn't get in I don't think one UNH fan would be on here kicking an screaming..... Just saying

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2017, 03:08 PM

no... I would of remembered that

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2017, 03:20 PM

Wagner beat Colgate in the 1st round of the playoffs then gave EWU a tough game out there.

Gangtackle11
November 24th, 2017, 03:31 PM

Monmouth beat Villanova in 2012. We went 2-9 that season.

aceinthehole
November 24th, 2017, 03:35 PM

Wagner beat Colgate in the 1st round of the playoffs then gave EWU a tough game out there.

2012, but yes, Wagner beat Colgate, not Villanova.

‘Nova beat NEC Champions Saint Francis last year by a score of 31-21.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2017, 03:39 PM
2012, but yes, Wagner beat Colgate, not Villanova.

‘Nova beat NEC Champions Saint Francis last year by a score of 31-21.

Yeah I have no idea why I put 2003. That was the year 'Gate went to the title game....

Terry2889
November 25th, 2017, 08:50 AM
Holy Cross* at least get the name right if you are going to throw some shade. McNeese was up 28-21 on Florida Tech after 3 quarters, alcorn state houston baptist, incarnate word? none of these teams would win a game in the CAA IMO

Last time UNH played a 9-2 McNeese team we won 49-13 at McNeese :D

Yeah... I seam to remember being told that UNH had no chance against "Southern Speed".... To make matters worse, we were blown out by Villanova the next week. If that McNeese team played 'Nova they would have lost by roughly 70 points...

Gangtackle11
November 25th, 2017, 08:52 AM
UNH 28 CCSU 14

Terry2889
November 25th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Monmouth beat Villanova in 2012. We went 2-9 that season.

Sorry it was Stoney Brook in '13 I think they still might have NEC or in their first year of Big South?

MTfan4life
November 25th, 2017, 10:31 AM
Sorry it was Stoney Brook in '13 I think they still might have NEC or in their first year of Big South?

Stony Brook was in the Big South when they made the playoffs in 2011. They joined the Big South in 2008 and their last year in the NEC was in 2006.

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Central Connecticut and New Hampshire will meet for the ninth time on the gridiron, and the Wildcats (8-0) are undefeated against the Blue Devils. These programs met annually four consecutive years spanning 1975-78 as D-II foes, then did not square off again until August 2003 as FCS programs. This is the fifth consecutive game at Durham, and their first meeting in the playoffs. New Hampshire is nationally-ranked for the fourth time against CCSU.

Nov. 25, 2017 - #21 New Hampshire vs. Central Connecticut // Durham, N.H. // NCAA Playoffs (First Round)

Series History:

Sep. 26, 2015 - #21 New Hampshire 57, Central Connecticut 14 // Durham, N.H.
Sep. 15, 2012 - #18 New Hampshire 43, Central Connecticut 10 // Durham, N.H.
Sep. 4, 2010 - #9 New Hampshire 33, Central Connecticut 3 // Durham, N.H.
Aug. 30, 2003 - New Hampshire 70, Central Connecticut 20 // Durham, N.H.
Sep. 16, 1978 - New Hampshire 36, Central Connecticut 13 // New Britain, Conn.
Oct. 15, 1977 - New Hampshire 42, Central Connecticut 7 // Durham, N.H.
Oct. 16, 1976 - New Hampshire 34, Central Connecticut 21 // New Britain, Conn.
Oct. 18, 1975 - New Hampshire 28, Central Connecticut 0 // Durham, N.H.

katss07
November 25th, 2017, 01:19 PM
No points after a 10 minute drive by UNH

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 01:21 PM
UNH eats a ton of clock, guarding it from their own 2 yard line, but comes up with nothing. Missed FG.

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 01:27 PM
UNH eats a ton of clock, guarding it from their own 2 yard line, but comes up with nothing. Missed FG.

Matching Lehigh's efforts on their first drive....

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 01:34 PM
CCSU - 0
UNH - 0

End of 1Q

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 01:39 PM
UNH having a difficult time with CCSU....This looks like its anybodies game....and then CCSU throws an interception

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 01:43 PM
UNH TD

dewey
November 25th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Trevor Knight with a 41 yard TD pass.

7 to 0 UNH

Dewey

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Wow, great play by the UNH receiver.

That was a poorly thorn ball and our DB was in position for the INT. Again, great catch.

CCSU - 0
UNH - 7

11:56 Q2

katss07
November 25th, 2017, 01:50 PM
I would be very surprised if CCStU scored by halftime.

dwtime
November 25th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Wow, great play by the UNH receiver.

That was a poorly thorn ball and our DB was in position for the INT. Again, great catch.

CCSU - 0
UNH - 7

11:56 Q2

Yeah that was very lucky, if that is under thrown its picked off.

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Surprisingly tough game for unh.....7-0 at half

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 02:22 PM
CCSU - 0
UNH - 7

HALF

Central's offense is sputtering with the backup QB. That lost opportunity in the opening drive hurts.

That being said, CCSU defense is playing very well, and UNH isn't proving to look dominant in any part of the game. An opportunistic CCSU defense could change the game in the second half.

Really it is anyone's ballgame right now - interesting to see each team's adjustments.

BEAR
November 25th, 2017, 02:25 PM
Well so far a tougher game for UNH than what I was thinking it would be for them. I'm no too impressed with either team's play so far. Whoever advances won't like what they will face in Conway. I'd say we're playing at a mid to upper level MVFC right now and neither of these two have shown confidence in their offense or defense. Let's see if the second half reveals who they really are...

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 02:29 PM
Well so far a tougher game for UNH than what I was thinking it would be for them. I'm no too impressed with either team's play so far. Whoever advances won't like what they will face in Conway. I'd say we're playing at a mid to upper level MVFC right now and neither of these two have shown confidence in their offense or defense. Let's see if the second half reveals who they really are...

Agreed, neither team looks sharp. But, as we know CCSU is playing without their starting QB (school's leading passer) who led the team to a 8-3 record. The Central backup is making his first collegiate start, and it shows.

If CCSU pulls the upset and makes it to Central Arkansas, it will look like a different team next week.

centennial
November 25th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Agreed, neither team looks sharp. But, as we know CCSU is playing without their starting QB (school's leading passer) who led the team to a 8-3 record. The Central backup is making his first collegiate start, and it shows.

If CCSU pulls the upset and makes it to Central Arkansas, it will look like a different team next week.
Is your QB back next week?

Bison56
November 25th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Why is UNH in the playoffs?

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Is your QB back next week?

Yes, if we win.

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Central with an awful 3 and out to start the 2nd half.

CCSU defense looks good; UNH misses another FG

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 02:58 PM
CCSU just missed on a great trick play due to using two forward passes...

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 03:00 PM
very boring game...Which is what CCSU needs

katss07
November 25th, 2017, 03:01 PM
UNH needs to put them away

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Targeting my ass! These have to be MVFC refs.

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 03:13 PM
Targeting my ass! These have to be MVFC refs.

Exactly! But I'll give this crew credit, they picked up 2 flags (PI and Targeting) that would have been awful calls.

BEAR
November 25th, 2017, 03:14 PM
UNH needs to hit a FG to put some distance between them teams. Props to CCSU for their effort today. This would have been a better game for them with a starting QB.

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 03:15 PM
Exactly! But I'll give this crew credit, they picked up 2 flags (PI and Targeting) that would have been awful calls.

Nice FG block!

BEAR
November 25th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Ouch

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 03:16 PM
CCSU blocks a FG and returns it 40 yards!

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 03:17 PM
CCSU - 0
UNH - 7

End of Q3

CCSU has the ball on the UNH 30.

FargoBison
November 25th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Why is UNH in the playoffs?

My thoughts exactly. People bitched about USD getting in, the Yotes would destroy these frauds.

centennial
November 25th, 2017, 03:19 PM
My thoughts exactly. People bitched about USD getting in, the Yotes would destroy these frauds.

A team that cannot put away CCSU without a QB. Shameful.

katss07
November 25th, 2017, 03:19 PM

UNH is having trouble with a shorthand Central Connecticut State team. Anyone else in the playoffs would kill them. Yes, even Lehigh.

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 03:20 PM
UNH is having trouble with a shorthand Central Connecticut State team. Anyone else in the playoffs would kill them. Yes, even Lehigh.

This is what UNH's AD wanted and got, just to keep the streak alive.

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Now the back-up QB is injured. If the back-up goes in, then he burns a red-shirt.

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 03:25 PM
CCSU down to the 3rd string QB. Unbelievable!

FargoBison
November 25th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Why even attempt that FG? It was never going to happen and they need 7 not 3.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 03:28 PM
CCSU missed how long a FG??

FargoBison
November 25th, 2017, 03:29 PM
CCSU missed how long a FG??

47 yards I think, it wasn't even close.

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 03:30 PM
That play for the FG was the coaches in panic mode.

Pards Rule
47 yards I think, it wasn't even close.

Should have faked it

CockyGeek
Two stout defenses in this one

centennial
November 25th, 2017, 03:31 PM
They pulled the RS?

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 03:31 PM
CCSU is burning the redshirt on a true Frosh, 3rd string QB.

Hopefully this kid can pull it off - he's got nothing to lose here!

FargoBison
November 25th, 2017, 03:32 PM
They pulled the RS?

They went wildcat and it is going very poorly for them.

UNHWildcat18
November 25th, 2017, 03:32 PM
UNH with the INT

BEAR
November 25th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Kid lost his redshirt because of the actions of the starting QB? Sad.

Would somebody please take control of this game? xrotatehx

BEAR
November 25th, 2017, 03:36 PM
I keep thinking those red lines on the field are the first down markers. Must be a dual purpose field.

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 03:38 PM
No, that was an INT from our running back.

Burn the ****ing redshirt coach, what are we saving it for?????????????

Panic, meltdown! We are still in this if they actually coach on offense!

BEAR
November 25th, 2017, 03:43 PM
No faith in kickers

GoBlueHens83
November 25th, 2017, 03:44 PM
No, that was an INT from our running back.

Burn the ****ing redshirt coach, what are we saving it for?????????????

Panic, meltdown! We are still in this if they actually coach on offense!

Couldn't believe they wouldn't put the kid in with the game on the line. They were in a good position, then let a RB throw an easy INT? What was the coach thinking?

BEAR
INT

Man this is ugly football.

aceinthehole
CCSU picks it off in the endzone!!

dwtime
November 25th, 2017, 03:47 PM
What a great football game! xrolleyesx

FargoBison
November 25th, 2017, 03:47 PM
CCSU has basically conceded the game with what they are doing at QB.

BEAR
November 25th, 2017, 03:48 PM
Ugh....CCSU...why you no want to win...xlolx

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 03:49 PM
Wow! Is it still 7-0? First minute in 4th qtr...SBU TD leads Lehigh 45-21...

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 03:49 PM
CCSU has basically conceded the game with what they are doing at QB.

I'm sick watching this. We can actually win this game, and we aren't evn trying.

BEAR
November 25th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Big play coming up....

FargoBison
November 25th, 2017, 03:50 PM
This might be the ugliest playoff game in FCS history.

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 03:51 PM
And the sad part is the UNH TD should have been an INT, but our back mistimed his jump - he was in perfect position.

Can't believe we are letting this slip away. I'm disgusted and angry watching this unfold!

GoBlueHens83
November 25th, 2017, 03:51 PM

Might be?

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Durham has lights right?? Weather today for game?

BEAR
November 25th, 2017, 03:55 PM
Game over....

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 03:58 PM
wow, a touchdown

FargoBison
November 25th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Congrats to UCA on reaching the FCS quarterfinals.

BEAR
November 25th, 2017, 04:04 PM
Welcome to "The Stripes" UNH...xbowx

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Damn that CCSU QB...foolish!

dwtime
November 25th, 2017, 04:07 PM
Congrats to UCA on reaching the FCS quarterfinals.

Yeah I would say the Bears are licking their chops. But look at it this way, UNH can't get any lower than this in terms of offense can they? Actually they probably could.......Ugh.

kdinva
November 25th, 2017, 04:08 PM

can't be......VMI isn't participating.....

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 04:11 PM
I like my UNH fans, but that is an average team at best. CCSU just didn't execute (inopportune penalties) on the big stage. Congrats on the win.

CCSU definitely has a very good defense, so I expect any playoff team to really cramp down on the UNH offense. They had no real run game to speak of which puts undue pressure on the passing game. CCSU's offense was anemic, so can't really judge the UNH defense.

Central Arkansas wins without much of a sweat.

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 04:21 PM
I like my UNH fans, but that is an average team at best. CCSU just didn't execute (inopportune penalties) on the big stage. Congrats on the win.

CCSU definitely has a very good defense, so I expect any playoff team to really cramp down on the UNH offense. They had no real run game to speak of which puts undue pressure on the passing game. CCSU's offense was anemic, so can't really judge the UNH defense.

Central Arkansas wins without much of a sweat.

I think UNH is very weak....This game cemented that.....That said, with all the CCSU adversity, good job CCSU

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 04:30 PM
I thought CCSU played OK - certainly worthy of the playoffs, but they had a few key shortcomings.

1) If CCSU scored on that opening drive, it really give the backup QB confidence. His first 2 drives ended in INTs (although the 2nd one wasn't his fault). Going into the game with an untested backup QB was going to be difficult.

2) CCSU defense was really sharp. Honestly, I'd put them up against any FCS team outside of the top-10. Really have to like what they did today (and all season).

3) Central had some key penalties (illegal formation, illegal forward pass, and some holding calls) that really crushed any life the offense had out there. Totally self-inflected, but not too surprising in our first playoff game on the road.

Overall, the team represented CCSU and the NEC very well. Sure, it was an "ugly" game, but I think CCSU should be proud of what the accomplished this year.

Terry2889
November 25th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Might be?

It would have been worse if it was UDel vs. UNH.... Game would have ended in penalty kicks from the 3 yard line...

Redbird 4th & short
November 25th, 2017, 09:25 PM
YSU, the 7th place team from MVFC, beat CCSU by 50 ... this undeserved bid from Scarano just caused his program even more embarrassment.

dwtime
November 25th, 2017, 10:32 PM
YSU, the 7th place team from MVFC, beat CCSU by 50 ... this undeserved bid from Scarano just caused his program even more embarrassment.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26618&stc=1