PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh at Stony Brook 1st Round

Pages : [1] 2

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2017, 06:50 PM
#11 Stony Brook vs #76 Lehigh according the NCAA's SRS

Stony Brook is a very physical, methodical team on offense that plays pretty solid defense. I was really impressed with them when I watched their first game against USF from the AAC.

Lehigh possess an explosive offense but easily one, if not the worst, defenses in FCS. SBU will be the best team they've played all year.

I think Massey has SBU as a 20 pt favorite. That's "fair" imo

Go...gate
November 19th, 2017, 06:54 PM
Lehigh can score on anyone. They will need some clock-killing drives.

katss07
November 19th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Lehigh has no business here IMO, but they earned the AQ. Turnovers have been an issue for the Mountain Hawks and this game will be no different. If the game was in Pennsylvania, maybe the Hawks keep it close but I doubt it. The game is in NY so I fully expect Stony Brook to run away. The game is over midway through the third.

Prediction: SB 42-13 Lehigh

knit35
November 19th, 2017, 07:08 PM
Lehigh has no business here IMO, but they earned the AQ. Turnovers have been an issue for the Mountain Hawks and this game will be no different. If the game was in Pennsylvania, maybe the Hawks keep it close but I doubt it. The game is in NY so I fully expect Stony Brook to run away. The game is over midway through the third.

Prediction: SB 42-13 Lehigh

Agreed here. Also as a positive, Stony Brook can get a start on next years CAA schedule by feeling what it’s like to play JMU.

Gangtackle11
November 19th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Interesting twist is SB head coach Chuck Priore is older Brother of Penn head coach Ray Priore. Penn put 65 on Lehigh. Think he’ll share notes with his older bro?

iBOsbu
November 19th, 2017, 07:24 PM
Interesting twist is SB head coach Chuck Priore is older Brother of Penn head coach Ray Priore. Penn put 65 on Lehigh. Think he’ll share notes with his older bro?

I hope so ;) May be they are having a family dinner as we speak.

CHIP72
November 19th, 2017, 07:29 PM
Not many notes are needed, basically “Lehigh’s defense stinks” will suffice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iBOsbu
November 19th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Looking at the Penn score, they had more success with rushing against Lehigh, which is also our strength.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2017, 07:31 PM
Looking at the Penn score, they had more success with rushing against Lehigh, which is also our strength.

Which is why this game has the potential to get ugly. Lehigh's rush defense is horrific. The worst run defense I've ever seen.

Lafayette entered yesterday's game with 243 yards rushing and 1 TD! For the year! 10 games! Think about that! Lehigh allowed 187 yards and 3 TDs to the Leopards in their 38-31 win.

Go...gate
November 19th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Which is why this game has the potential to get ugly. Lehigh's rush defense is horrific. The worst run defense I've ever seen.

Lafayette entered yesterday's game with 243 yards rushing and 1 TD! For the year! 10 games! Think about that! Lehigh allowed 187 yards and 3 TDs to the Leopards in their 38-31 win.

Wow. Did not realize that.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2017, 07:43 PM
First Preview/Prediction

So who will enforce their will? That will be the question. A shootout would definitely seem to favor Lehigh, but if Stony Brook can ground their offense some, the Seawolves offense should be able to mount some solid numbers against a porous defense.

Projected Score: Stony Brook 45, Lehigh 21

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/15368

NY Crusader 2010
November 19th, 2017, 07:46 PM
Prediction: Stony Brook leads by 4 scores by halftime.

In order to stay competitive, Lehigh will need to need to find a way to keep the ball away from the Seawolves. Long drives, turnovers and big special teams plays will be needed (basically what Lafayette did to you guys to stay close).

bonarae
November 19th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Stony Brook is my team ATM. They kept themselves alive with that Hail Mary in their last game.

Lehigh? Had Colgate got the W in their H2H game, would we see a different game altogether? I believe Lehigh is not playoff-worthy but they got the autobid anyway.

SB in a rout (at least 4-5 scores).

RootinFerDukes
November 19th, 2017, 09:57 PM
The real question here is will this game be more lopsided than last year’s against unh? How does a defense that bad win the patriot league?

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 10:04 PM
The real question here is will this game be more lopsided than last year’s against unh? How does a defense that bad win the patriot league?

I think it might be closer then you think. Stony Brook seems to be all defense, not much offense, Lehigh is all offense, not much defense. Might be a good match up.

katss07
November 19th, 2017, 11:14 PM
If they can keep SB off the field, Lehigh could keep this a 2 score game for a bit.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2017, 11:21 PM
Lehigh's offense is very good! Lehigh's skill guys as a group are as good as anyone's in the CAA or FCS imo. I seriously believe that. Their OL is always very stout. Mayes can sometimes be erratic but when he's on he's excellent.

The problem is the defense. The stats and rankings are horrible 118th in scoring D, 115th in total D, 116th against Run D. Lehigh played a number of below average to terrible offenses that only adds to the context of Lehigh's defensive rankings.

These are rankings of the scoring offenses that contributed to Lehigh's defense being 118th in Scoring/115th in Total
Lafayette 120th
Georgetown 119th
Bucknell 106th
'Nova 83rd ,
Wagner 78th,
Fordham 73rd
Holy Cross 66th

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 11:34 PM
Lehigh's offense is very good! Lehigh's skill guys as a group is as good as anyone's in the CAA or FCS. I seriously believe that. Their OL is always very stout. Mayes can sometimes be erratic but when he's on he's excellent.

The problem is the defense. The stats and rankings are horrible 118th in scoring D, 115th in total D, 116th against Rush D. Lehigh played a number of below average to terrible offenses that only adds to the context of Lehigh's defensive rankings rankings.

These are rankings off the scoring offenses that contributed to Lehigh's 118th ranked Scoring D
Lafayette 120th
Georgetown 119th
Bucknell 106th
'Nova 83rd ,
Wagner 78th,
Fordham 73rd
Holy Cross 66th

Stony Brook is ranked 82nd in total offense in FCS, so I think you might match up well. Lehigh ranks 5th in total offense.

Stony Brook is 21st in total defense vs Lehigh at 115th in total defense. Edge does go to Stony Brook, but one wonders if Lehigh's numbers are a little skewed because of their level of competition.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2017, 11:38 PM
Stony Brook is ranked 82nd in total offense in FCS, so I think you might match up well. Lehigh ranks 5th in total offense.

Stony Brook is 21st in total defense vs Lehigh at 115th in total defense. Edge does go to Stony Brook, but one wonders if Lehigh's numbers are a little skewed because of their level of competition.

SBU is 41st in scoring O which is slightly ahead of 47th Colgate (put up 38 on Lehigh) and behind Penn 37th (put up 65 on Lehigh).

ngineer
November 20th, 2017, 12:01 AM
One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of the yardage Lehigh has yielded on defense as been on long runs that occur every so often. Lafayette's only had 47 total yards the entire second half. The first half rushing yardage came mostly on about 6 pays off of various reverses and trick plays that Lehigh's young secondary chased. Lehigh's D led the Patriot on 3rd down yardage..it's the first and second down long gainers they'd occasionally give up that bites them. If they learn to stay at home and each man do his job, they can have some success. It will also be critical for Lehigh to control the ball and keep SBU O on the sideline. Looking forward to the trip over to the Island. Looks like a nice little stadium. Most assuredly, Lehigh has to protect the ball. Sloppy play like that yesterday will be devastating.

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2017, 05:12 AM
I actually believe Lehigh might win the TOP here. Stony Brook will rip off multiple 50+ yd rushing tds. Lehigh will probably not move the ball in big chunks. This is a historically bad FCS run defense. Coaching isn’t very good either. Unless the players take it upon themselves to get extremely motivated (hasn’t been the case yet) we are looking at a 63-28 type game. If all SB’s players got sick and they had to forfeit, JMU puts up 100+ on us. This is the only year we have made the playoffs that I talk like this, normally I expect us to win. This year I have seen things never thought I’d see from our proud program.

ecasadoSBU
November 20th, 2017, 05:42 AM
I'm excited for this match-up! Lehigh fans come up to LaValle and lets make it a great saturday!

Little Stevie
November 20th, 2017, 06:12 AM
I saw Stony B. play Rhody and they are tough as nails. My prediction SB by 2 TDs.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2017, 08:31 AM
I'm excited for this match-up! Lehigh fans come up to LaValle and lets make it a great saturday!

Looking forward to it!

Seawolf97
November 20th, 2017, 11:24 AM
Looking forward to Saturday . The weather gods say partly sunny and around 52 degrees at kickoff which is great. This is play off football so anything can happen . I expect a close game but a SBU win like 34-21 not a blow out . We cant get over confident and start looking forward to JMU just yet . We have to limit our mistakes and dumb penalties which we make and not give up a lot of 3rd and longs which has happened to us more than once. Good luck to Lehigh and hope to see a crowded stadium Saturday.

LU808
November 20th, 2017, 11:40 AM

With a lights out Offense.

Roll 'gate
November 20th, 2017, 03:02 PM
SB by 2 TD easy .. could be very reminiscent of lehigh's "super close" game with UNH last year ... wait I think UNH just scored again actually. The what have you done for me lately saying comes into mind. Just a week ago lehigh gave up 31 points to a team that was averaging 9.8 on the year and had been shutout twice! The offense won't be able to cover up for their ineptitude on defense in this one again.

van
November 20th, 2017, 06:10 PM
SB by 2 TD easy .. could be very reminiscent of lehigh's "super close" game with UNH last year ... wait I think UNH just scored again actually. The what have you done for me lately saying comes into mind. Just a week ago lehigh gave up 31 points to a team that was averaging 9.8 on the year and had been shutout twice! The offense won't be able to cover up for their ineptitude on defense in this one again like they did against Colgate

fixed it for you

Gangtackle11
November 20th, 2017, 06:32 PM
SBU is 41st in scoring O which is slightly ahead of 47th Colgate (put up 38 on Lehigh) and behind Penn 37th (put up 65 on Lehigh).

Apples to oranges comparison as SB is playing better teams than Penn & Colgate over the entire schedule.,

PAllen
November 20th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Looking forward to Saturday . The weather gods say partly sunny and around 52 degrees at kickoff which is great. This is play off football so anything can happen . I expect a close game but a SBU win like 34-21 not a blow out . We cant get over confident and start looking forward to JMU just yet . We have to limit our mistakes and dumb penalties which we make and not give up a lot of 3rd and longs which has happened to us more than once. Good luck to Lehigh and hope to see a crowded stadium Saturday.

SB will score at least 38.

32counter
November 20th, 2017, 09:55 PM
This will not be pretty.

ngineer
November 20th, 2017, 11:11 PM
Looking forward to the trip. Got my tickets. SBU's stadium looks very nice on the website. The weather forecast could not be better for late November. If we are to have any kind of chance, we must have contain on the edges. The middle of our defense has been decent against the run, but gashes on the edges have been brutal. IF we can hold SBU in the 30's, we have a shot. Of course, a few turnovers wouldn't hurt. We are due a few this year. I think we are a -12 or so.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2017, 07:31 AM
I was able too watch Stony twice this year

The opener against S Florida I thought they looked good and physical, they were kind of laying the wood to the FBS ranked team early in the game a bit, not intimidated at all

the Delaware game, honestly, the Hens caught a big break in this game, a fumble recovery for a Delawre TD, helped get Delaware back in it. But despite that still an impressive win on the road for Delaware Against a solid well coached team

Ray Bolden was impressive and QB Carbone is no eye popping talent but very efficient and productive

Stony is sneaky good ( irony here is the committee doesn't seem to know it yet )

ngineer
November 22nd, 2017, 08:24 PM
I think Lehigh has to do some gambling and commit more to stopping the run and take chances on our secondary being able to play man and commit 7-8 for 'run blitz". Especially early. A couple three and outs in the beginning can get some confidence built which can result in some momentum with the hope that in the meantime, the O keeps on clicking and gets an early lead. Nothing like a big underdog going up quick by a couple scores to build "big mo". I see us as significant underdogs, but there is a path to victory. We don't need need to win the popular vote....xsmiley_wix

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2017, 12:12 PM
Stony Brook is "only" 186 miles from my front door but the estimated time is a little over 4 hours. There's simply no easy way to get there. Otherwise, a 186 mile trek is cake! Meanwhile the Tub is 166 miles and a little over 2.5 hours! Damn you 'Nova!!

Anyone a member at St. George's GC next door? I'd drive out to play there! The bunkering and green complexes are incredible! Looks like Chicago Golf Club on steroids!

World
November 23rd, 2017, 01:24 PM
Going against the grain here.

Lehigh - 38
Stony Brook - 35

​(all fingers and toes crossed)

LehighU11
November 23rd, 2017, 02:38 PM
If this one's close, Lehigh's gonna need to be creative and score some points defensively to win. I see this game being more of a challenge than Towson in 2011. LU relied on a recovered onside kick, a safety, no turnovers, fewer penalties, and outgaining the Tigers by almost 150 yards. This year, defensive stands and limiting turnovers have been Lehigh's weakness. Offensively, this team is just as talented as the 2011 squad. If the defense that showed up at Goodman the past two weeks can appear, this one is winnable.

Towson came out way overconfident in 2012, holding that ridiculous champion's belt. Hopefully, Stony Brook is looking ahead to JMU. Regardless, I'm glad that we get to see at least one more game from Pelletier and Casey.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2017, 02:54 PM
If this one's close, Lehigh's gonna need to be creative and score some points defensively to win. I see this game being more of a challenge than Towson in 2011. LU relied on a recovered onside kick, a safety, no turnovers, fewer penalties, and outgaining the Tigers by almost 150 yards. This year, defensive stands and limiting turnovers have been Lehigh's weakness. Offensively, this team is just as talented as the 2011 squad. If the defense that showed up at Goodman the past two weeks can appear, this one is winnable.

Towson came out way overconfident in 2012, holding that ridiculous champion's belt. Hopefully, Stony Brook is looking ahead to JMU. Regardless, I'm glad that we get to see at least one more game from Pelletier and Casey.

Lehigh was a MUCH better team in 2011. They entered that game with a record of 10-1 and ranked in the Top 10. The Towson game was nothing more than a toss-up. This year's team is 5-6 and the lowest ranked team in the playoffs.

I put zero stock in Lehigh's performance against two terrible (4-7 and 3-8) PL teams. Lehigh did play well in the second half against Lafayette but the first half performance against the run was horrific. Layette basically put forth a seasons worth of rushing statistics in 30 minutes of play. Stony Brook is way better than both of those teams. Stony Brook's offensive line is not even in the same stratosphere as the slugs Lafayette trotted out there. I'll be shocked if Stony Brook doesn't sniff 300 yards rushing.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2017, 03:37 PM
Lehigh-Towson highlights. Proof of what can be....

https://youtu.be/2HpJwbMNiUY

ngineer
November 23rd, 2017, 04:22 PM
Lehigh-Towson highlights. Proof of what can be....

https://youtu.be/2HpJwbMNiUY

Great memories! Thanks.

ngineer
November 23rd, 2017, 04:24 PM
the only way we have a chance is to play a clean game: zero turnovers, for or less/moderate minor penalties, 2 or more plus turnovers. If we can keep SBU in the 30's we have a shot.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 23rd, 2017, 04:59 PM
the only way we have a chance is to play a clean game: zero turnovers, for or less/moderate minor penalties, 2 or more plus turnovers. If we can keep SBU in the 30's we have a shot.

Lehigh's offense can't press. They can't worry if the Mountain Hawk D is getting roughed up. There's been times this year where Mayes and the rest of "O" clearly got discouraged. If the LU offense just does their thing they'll move the ball and score points on SBU imo. The Seawolves defense is good but it's not an elite FCS unit. Lehigh has faced defenses ('Nova, Yale and Colgate) that are as good if not better personnel wise.

Hope for a shootout and make SBU feel like they need to keep up with Lehigh. Not the other way around. If the SBU offense feels stressed they might do uncharacteristic things...

LehighU11
November 23rd, 2017, 05:36 PM
Lehigh was a MUCH better team in 2011. They entered that game with a record of 10-1 and ranked in the Top 10. The Towson game was nothing more than a toss-up. This year's team is 5-6 and the lowest ranked team in the playoffs.

I put zero stock in Lehigh's performance against two terrible (4-7 and 3-8) PL teams. Lehigh did play well in the second half against Lafayette but the first half performance against the run was horrific. Layette basically put forth a seasons worth of rushing statistics in 30 minutes of play. Stony Brook is way better than both of those teams. Stony Brook's offensive line is not even in the same stratosphere as the slugs Lafayette trotted out there. I'll be shocked if Stony Brook doesn't sniff 300 yards rushing.
Hey, it's Thanksgiving and I'm just thankful we're in the playoffs xthumbsupx. While HC and LC are not the best test, both defensive performances were far better than what we saw against Penn and Georgetown.

Yes, this Lehigh team is not as fortunate as 2011's team which had a great defense. There's no denying that and I'd give this team next to no chance at beating our 2011 team. Groome and Newton led a great LB corps and they had a big D-line anchored by Chagani. However, they had very shaky special teams. Mish is far superior to what we had that year. Also, Stony Brook doesn't have a playmaker like Terrance West. While 9-2, they've had some close calls recently. Albany took them to OT, Wagner hung with them through halftime, and they needed a Hail Mary to beat Maine. I'm not expecting a win, but I do believe the Mountain Hawks have a chance.

Kramden
November 23rd, 2017, 06:16 PM
In my opinion, I'm less predicting by how much Lehigh will lose, only that they will be dominated. Stony Brook may score quickly or methodcailly. Lehigh may score some, but will not be a threat.

Seawolf97
November 23rd, 2017, 06:42 PM
Just looking forward to this game . Great weather expected and a good crowd . Enjoy the day !

van
November 23rd, 2017, 08:23 PM
seems pressure is really on SB, if they lose this one they will be the laughing stock of AGS

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2017, 12:43 AM
1st Round FCS Playoffs Game Preview: Lehigh at Stony Brook: Playoff Return To Long Island For First Time Since '99

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/11/1st-round-fcs-playoffs-game-preview.html

ecasadoSBU
November 24th, 2017, 02:34 AM
1st Round FCS Playoffs Game Preview: Lehigh at Stony Brook: Playoff Return To Long Island For First Time Since '99

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/11/1st-round-fcs-playoffs-game-preview.html

Great read!!!

CHIP72
November 24th, 2017, 06:56 AM
Stony Brook is "only" 186 miles from my front door but the estimated time is a little over 4 hours. There's simply no easy way to get there. Otherwise, a 186 mile trek is cake! Meanwhile the Tub is 166 miles and a little over 2.5 hours! Damn you 'Nova!!

Isn't that the truth. I remember back in 2012 when Villanova played at Stony Brook in the playoffs, I gave thought to driving from the Lehigh Valley to attend. Then I saw how far out on Long Island and relatively inaccessible Stony Brook was and (combined with some cold weather) I said to myself heck with that. Even if the trip were a little easier and didn't include so much traffic, you still need to pay an arm and a leg for tolls anyway.

Gangtackle11
November 24th, 2017, 07:42 AM
I think Lehigh plays a decent game here. Still that defense is not going to stop SB’s run game.

45-28 SB.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2017, 07:53 AM
Isn't that the truth. I remember back in 2012 when Villanova played at Stony Brook in the playoffs, I gave thought to driving from the Lehigh Valley to attend. Then I saw how far out and relatively inaccessible Stony Brook was and (combined with some cold weather) I said to myself heck with that. Even if the trip were a little easier and didn't include so much traffic, you still need to pay an arm and a leg for tolls anyway.

all roads to the Stony Brook lead through NYC, location does not entice driving

RichH2
November 24th, 2017, 08:28 AM
A bit of hyperbole about traffic. It is Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. Traffic will not be horrendous. Coming from West or North you can skirt NYC worst (ie Manhattan) easily.

Seawolf97
November 24th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Excellent article on the game tomorrow . A lot of recent history about the demise of Hofstra Football and the rise of StonyBrook Football .

aceinthehole
November 24th, 2017, 09:54 AM
A bit of hyperbole about traffic. It is Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. Traffic will not be horrendous. Coming from West or North you can skirt NYC worst (ie Manhattan) easily.

Actually, it is probably going to be a pretty brutal drive.

Sure you can avoid Manhattan, but your options from the West are either A) through Staten Island on the Verrazano and onto the Belt Parkway (a nightmare basically any day), or B) come across the Tappan Zee, and through the Bronx to the Throgs Neck or Whitestone.

Taking either route just gets to Queens/Nassau County - then you have to take your chances on the LIE to Exit 62 / (CR-91) Nichols Road. The Northern State is an option, but you have to merge back on the LIE to avoid local traffic (and lights) on NY-25 or NY-347.

Don't underestimate the traffic around the City and on the Island, it will likely suck getting out there and might be slighter easier on the way home.

---

By comparison, Wagner (or even Columbia for that matter) is a much, much easy trip for those coming from the Lehigh Valley. ;)

caa51
November 24th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Excellent article on the game tomorrow . A lot of recent history about the demise of Hofstra Football and the rise of StonyBrook Football .

Where was this article? Very sad day for Long Island football when Hofstra folded up shop. Stonybrook has done a great job of taking advantage of being the only DI program on the Island.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2017, 11:35 AM
The Wedge's Preview

http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/fcs-playoffs-1st-round-lehigh-at-9-stony-brook/

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2017, 11:38 AM

I was at that game too! Lehigh jumped out early and then the offense completely fell apart! I can still picture trying to run the "hidden WR play" towards the end of the game as a way to generate something on offense. That season definitely was the tale of two halves. The first 6-7 games it looked like Lehigh would seriously challenge for Chattanooga then they struggled the last month.

Lehigh got their revenge on Hofstra 2 years later.

katss07
November 24th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Where was this article? Very sad day for Long Island football when Hofstra folded up shop. Stonybrook has done a great job of taking advantage of being the only DI program on the Island.

I remember when Stony Brook came to SHSU in 2011 in the playoffs. They had a running back who transferred from Hofstra when the program ended. He was outstanding and really hurt Sam multiple times.

SB has really taken advantage of Hofstra football. I would like to read that article also.

caa51
November 24th, 2017, 11:50 AM
The Wedge's Preview

http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/fcs-playoffs-1st-round-lehigh-at-9-stony-brook/

Thank you, great article.

RichH2
November 24th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Actually, it is probably going to be a pretty brutal drive.

Sure you can avoid Manhattan, but your options from the West are either A) through Staten Island on the Verrazano and onto the Belt Parkway (a nightmare basically any day), or B) come across the Tappan Zee, and through the Bronx to the Throgs Neck or Whitestone.

Taking either route just gets to Queens/Nassau County - then you have to take your chances on the LIE to Exit 62 / (CR-91) Nichols Road. The Northern State is an option, but you have to merge back on the LIE to avoid local traffic (and lights) on NY-25 or NY-347.

Don't underestimate the traffic around the City and on the Island, it will likely suck getting out there and might be slighter easier on the way home.

---

By comparison, Wagner (or even Columbia for that matter) is a much, much easy trip for those coming from the Lehigh Valley. ;)
Nope . Tappan to Cross Westchester or 287 to Throgs Neck. If LIE bad use Northern State.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2017, 12:46 PM
1st Round FCS Playoffs: Lehigh at Stony Brook Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction: The Best Lehigh Will Have Faced All Year

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/11/1st-round-fcs-playoffs-lehigh-at-stony.html

aceinthehole
November 24th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Nope . Tappan to Cross Westchester or 287 to Throgs Neck. If LIE bad use Northern State.

Yep, probably the best route; slightly longer and you still never know how bad it will be on the New England Throughway, across the bridges, and especially on the Island. Keep in on 1010 or Sirius XM for traffic. :)

Good luck, enjoy it - Lavalle is a very good place to watch a game. Hit up Umbertos in Lake Grove for some pizza!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Isn't that the truth. I remember back in 2012 when Villanova played at Stony Brook in the playoffs, I gave thought to driving from the Lehigh Valley to attend. Then I saw how far out on Long Island and relatively inaccessible Stony Brook was and (combined with some cold weather) I said to myself heck with that. Even if the trip were a little easier and didn't include so much traffic, you still need to pay an arm and a leg for tolls anyway.

I love to drive places but messing with NYC in order toget to Long Island (way out LI) is just brutal. Plus, as you mentioned tolls. I'm not sure what it would cost but my guess is somewhere in the $40-$50 range total. 4+ hours to go less than 200 miles sucks any way you cut it. SBU has to be one of the toughest, most expensive FCS schools to get to lol. Combine that with Michigan/OSU, The Iron Bowl, FCS Playoff games, Temple-Tulsa (bowl eligibility!), ND-Stanford tomorrow and it's a big sacrifice to go a see a 5-6 team.

If somehow Lehigh wins a trip down to Harrisonburg is mighty appealing even if Lehigh gets killed. That's about as easy a 300 mile trek there is for me. I live about 10 minutes from 81. JMU's campus is literally 4-5 turns away.

One of the ugliest drives I made is down to Raleigh to for the Temple-ECU game 2 years ago. I left around 2 PM so I got caught Baltimore/DC rush hour drive traffic for 3+ hours. This was on a Wednesday night! The game was Thursday night in Greenville. That was insane. I came back via 64 through Charlottesville to 81. Added about 75 miles to the trip but was smooth sailing and beautiful!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2017, 01:45 PM
1st Round FCS Playoffs: Lehigh at Stony Brook Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction: The Best Lehigh Will Have Faced All Year

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2017/11/1st-round-fcs-playoffs-lehigh-at-stony.html

I agree that SBU compares to Yale and 'Nova. Yale was without a doubt the best team Lehigh played imo. If they were in the playoffs they could/would advance with the right draw.

van
November 24th, 2017, 05:52 PM
I love to drive places but messing with NYC in order toget to Long Island (way out LI) is just brutal. Plus, as you mentioned tolls. I'm not sure what it would cost but my guess is somewhere in the $40-$50 range total. 4+ hours to go less than 200 miles sucks any way you cut it. SBU has to be one of the toughest, most expensive FCS schools to get to lol. Combine that with Michigan/OSU, The Iron Bowl, FCS Playoff games, Temple-Tulsa (bowl eligibility!), ND-Stanford tomorrow and it's a big sacrifice to go a see a 5-6 team.

If somehow Lehigh wins a trip down to Harrisonburg is mighty appealing even if Lehigh gets killed. That's about as easy a 300 mile trek there is for me. I live about 10 minutes from 81. JMU's campus is literally 4-5 turns away.

One of the ugliest drives I made is down to Raleigh to for the Temple-ECU game 2 years ago. I left around 2 PM so I got caught Baltimore/DC rush hour drive traffic for 3+ hours. This was on a Wednesday night! The game was Thursday night in Greenville. That was insane. I came back via 64 through Charlottesville to 81. Added about 75 miles to the trip but was smooth sailing and beautiful!

ah, come on Owl, Stony is less than half way out LI, and traffic will not be too bad on Saturday morning

Go...gate
November 24th, 2017, 05:53 PM
Stony Brook 49. Lehigh 31. I believe the Engineers will play well.

van
November 24th, 2017, 07:58 PM
Stony Brook 49. Lehigh 31. I believe the Engineers will play well.

losing by 3 scores not my idea of playing well

ngineer
November 24th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Did I read correctly that SBU's star WR is out? All the more to focus on stopping the run and take our chances with man to man in the secondary. Coaches will have to make some bold moves to have a shot. Need to keep the Seawolves in the mid-30's to have a chance.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2017, 08:03 PM
ah, come on Owl, Stony is less than half way out LI, and traffic will not be too bad on Saturday morning

Maybe at 3 AM? Early 18 at a LI course then the game? I simply can't justify it..lol

How about JMU next week if LU pulls the greatest upset in FCS playoff history? The kickoff is already set for 2 pm. I can leave at 7 am get there a little after 12 and be home right around midnight. Simple drive, no tolls....

ngineer
November 24th, 2017, 08:16 PM
Lehigh South Side Booster bus leaving Stabler at 9 a.m. A few seats are still available. Forecast now says 53 degrees at kickoff and dropping to upper 40's by 5 p.m. Wind supposedly around 3-7 mph.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2017, 08:26 PM
Lehigh South Side Booster bus leaving Stabler at 9 a.m. A few seats are still available. Forecast now says 53 degrees at kickoff and dropping to upper 40's by 5 p.m. Wind supposedly around 3-7 mph.

I'm a booster member and tossed around using the bus. It would be a good time win or lose as I know how you guys get down! If they had earned my trust just a little bit more I'd pull the trigger. There's just so much good football on tomorrow! Plus, the UNH trip last year was just brutal. You can't control the outcome but that was still depressing...lol.

Temple and Lehigh are both 5-6. I'm hoping each can find a way to get their 6th win tomorrow!

ngineer
November 24th, 2017, 08:33 PM
I'm a booster member and tossed around using the bus. It would be a good time win or lose as I know how you guys get down! If they had earned my trust just a little bit more I'd pull the trigger. There's just so much good football on tomorrow! Plus, the UNH trip last year was just brutal. You can't control the outcome but that was still depressing...lol.

Temple and Lehigh are both 5-6. I'm hoping can find a way to get their 6th win tomorrow!

I call it the best FCS Rolling Bar in the country. The only way to go to an way game. $75 for the bus, lunch, snacks, drinks and game ticket. Can't beat it.

Neighbor2
November 25th, 2017, 06:53 AM
I do expect a Stony Brook win. Something like 48-27. However, a good, solid effort by Lehigh is all I ask for. There's really no margin for Lehigh turnovers. We'll also need a high success rate on 3rd down plays. Coen could help by showing a little more interest and emotion along the sidelines.

Southsider
November 25th, 2017, 07:06 AM
I do expect a Stony Brook win. Something like 48-27. However, a good, solid effort by Lehigh is all I ask for. There's really no margin for Lehigh turnovers. We'll also need a high success rate on 3rd down plays. Coen could help by showing a little more interest and emotion along the sidelines.

I'm torn. I really want an entire overhaul of this program. Top to bottom. This guys doesn't show me anything. The Lafayette win pretty much cemented Coen's return, regardless of what happens today.

PAllen
November 25th, 2017, 07:58 AM
I'm torn. I really want an entire overhaul of this program. Top to bottom. This guys doesn't show me anything. The Lafayette win pretty much cemented Coen's return, regardless of what happens today.

Maybe he'll Lembo out.

PAllen
November 25th, 2017, 08:00 AM
Maybe he'll Lembo out.

Good luck to the team today and all who make the drive. Now I have to figure out how to get past college park at 7pm with Penn State in town for a 3:30 game

Neighbor2
November 25th, 2017, 08:07 AM

I'm with you! My preference would be for Coen and Company to be let go. A clean break, fresh start, etc. is appealing. Unfortunately, at this stage of his career, I don't see Sterrett doing anything dramatic. Not to mention, the school administration hasn't shown much concern for the football environment. Either step-up and create something better now, or a year from now. This has all slid too far.

Lehigh'98
November 25th, 2017, 08:28 AM
If there are no changes on defense, I'd be shocked. I still think it's a possibility Andy is in a different position next year. We will see. Plenty of time to speculate, hoping for some sort of miracle today.

CHIP72
November 25th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Good luck to the team today and all who make the drive. Now I have to figure out how to get past college park at 7pm with Penn State in town for a 3:30 game

Where are you driving from/to? If you don't need to use US 1, try to avoid doing so.

ColgateTD
November 25th, 2017, 10:02 AM
I see a closer, low scoring game than most of you: SBU 24, LU 17

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 12:24 PM
Watch some of these games today and check out the stadiums. It is that Lehigh can't host playoff games at such a nice stadium like Goodman!

ColgateTD
November 25th, 2017, 12:26 PM
Anyone know how to watch this game? Is it going to be streamed by Lehigh athletics for free or just on ESPN3?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 12:31 PM
30 minutes to kickoff. Lehigh is the biggest underdog playing today! I know what the record says but the offense is too to get run off the field.

The thought of UNH has been stuck in my mind for 365 days!!

TheValleyRaider
November 25th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Good luck Hawks

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 01:08 PM
SBU has men upfront. Lehigh's DL looks D3 compared to theirs....

Roll 'gate
November 25th, 2017, 01:09 PM
One of the top running backs in the country and thats your first series play choices? ...

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 01:12 PM
ouch

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Holding call wipes away a TD and the Lehigh D steps up!

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 01:15 PM
Good stop

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 01:16 PM
Mayes making me nervous. He's going to face pressure. Get outside of the pocket!!

Roll 'gate
November 25th, 2017, 01:16 PM
Wait wait ... a flag saves the lehigh defense again ... who woulda thunk? Only need a couple more of those today and they'll be good to go!

Roll 'gate
November 25th, 2017, 01:20 PM
They need to run the ball until SB shows they can stop it. Don't put the game in Mayes hands to make decisions

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Lehigh offense is looking real good

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 01:22 PM
TP!!!!

dewey
November 25th, 2017, 01:22 PM
TP!!!!

Toliet paper? LOL!

Dewey

CHIP72
November 25th, 2017, 01:24 PM
Hopefully this game is a little more competitive than the other playoff game I'm watching (West Chester/IUP in D2), and if it isn't, hopefully like that D2 playoff game the good guys (from my point of view, Lehigh) are doing the blowing out.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 01:25 PM
Now both teams have had a TD called back!

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 01:26 PM
nope

Go Lehigh TU owl
LOL....terrible missed FG after a great drive. That's 5-6....

Roll 'gate
Can't shank gimmes and leave points on the field ... The offense does look like they can get what they want if it continues this way though

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 01:27 PM
I can see a SBU RB busting up the gut for about 70 yards now....

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Looks like they are going to exploit lehigh secondary

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Big 3rd down!! C'mon D!!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like they are going to exploit lehigh secondary

They're doing Lehigh a favor! Despite what the announcers said the secondary is decent. Run the ball!!

- - - Updated - - -

This guy is the Phil Mickelson of punters!!

cx500d
Wow, muffed punt coverage

centennial
WTH was that.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 01:37 PM
SBU does not miss tackles...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Good grief....

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 01:38 PM
bad decision

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 01:39 PM
Watch the 1st and you can see Lehigh's potential and their downfalls...

centennial
November 25th, 2017, 01:40 PM
With UNH and SBU I get the feeling I picked wrong. We are in for close games.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 01:42 PM
SBU will be knocking on the goal line to start the 2nd quarter. Lehigh did some nice things but just meh overall. Once SBU gets their ground game going the points will rain....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 01:45 PM
TD Seawolves!! They need to demoralize the LU front 7. No excuse for throwing so much in the 1st quarter!

7-0 SBU 14:45 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Looks like a catch to me!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Lehigh needs a TD!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Pelletier is putting on a show!!

- - - Updated - - -

Bragalone hurt?

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 01:54 PM
TD Lehigh

- - - Updated - - -

nice drive

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 01:54 PM
TD Lehigh!!

7-7 11:58 2Q

Engineer86
November 25th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Good lord! And they missed the facemask

Neighbor2
November 25th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Lehigh looks more focused and patient than I've seen all year. It sure does look like Mayes is getting enough time. Let's keep this up!

th0m
November 25th, 2017, 01:59 PM
TD Seawolves!! They need to demoralize the LU front 7. No excuse for throwing so much in the 1st quarter!

7-0 SBU 14:45 2Q

I can't tell if you're rooting for SB or Lehigh ;)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Lehigh's D is finally emerging....

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Bad no call

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Stony Brook's receiver that threw that big block is very fortunate to still be playing in this game. I've seen numerous targeting ejections this year for less helmet to helmet contact than we saw there.

Engineer86
November 25th, 2017, 02:04 PM
So that's how you make that FG

Go Lehigh TU owl
Stony Brook's receiver that threw that big block is very fortunate to still be playing in this game. I've seen numerous targeting ejections this year for less helmet to helmet contact than we saw there.

I agree! The LU player saw it coming too and I think tried to protect himself at the last second.

Engineer86

thought the same thing

cx500d
Holding them to a FG is a win for Lehigh

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 02:05 PM
So that's how you make that FG

Amen!! Still a win by the LU D!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Two missed PI calls!!!

ColgateTD
November 25th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Mayes making me nervous. He's going to face pressure. Get outside of the pocket!!

What's the link to watching the game, please. :)

Engineer86
November 25th, 2017, 02:11 PM
If you run through the blocker, does that mean you are blocked into the kicker?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 02:11 PM
If you run through the blocker, does that mean you are blocked into the kicker?

Seriously?!?!

Engineer86
November 25th, 2017, 02:12 PM
What's the link to watching the game, please. :)
Espn3

- - - Updated - - -

Need a stop here

ColgateTD
November 25th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Espn3

- - - Updated - - -

Need a stop here

Thx. I don't think I get it :(

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 02:15 PM
The SBU QB is very average. I don't get why they're not running the ball...

Engineer86
November 25th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Ok now we need a score. That 3rd down pass was huge.

cx500d
Lehigh is letting the game get away from them

Go Lehigh TU owl
TD SBU!! If Lehigh's offensive doesn't respond this will get ugly...

17-7 4:05 2Q

Engineer86
So far they have said there are 2 sixth year seniors, WTF?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 02:20 PM
The token special team turnover!! 5-6 baby!!

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 02:21 PM
self destruction....

katss07
November 25th, 2017, 02:22 PM
And this is where the Seawolves pull away from Lehigh.

Southsider
November 25th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Like I said earlier, total overhaul needed at LU. Very hard to watch!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Lehigh's defense is finally getting physically embarrassed!! The route is on!!

24-7 Seawolves 3:10 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Like I said earlier, total overhaul needed at LU. Very hard to watch!

Missed FG, horrible turnover, terrible defensive line, Montgomery had an easy INT and decided to knock it down (?)

5-6 and an embarrassing 1st round loss is what you'll have to show for it...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Well Lehigh has 1st and down at the SBU 12...

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Lehigh: Best 5-6 team in the country?

xchinscratchx

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 02:34 PM
nice recovery, Lehigh! TD

- - - Updated - - -

Lehigh: Best 5-6 team in the country?

xchinscratchx

Stony Brook 2nd worst 9-2 team?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 02:35 PM
TD Lehigh! SBU can't cover TP!!! The difference in this is mistakes. Lehigh has made them as a 5-6 team does...

24-14 1:25 2Q

- - - Updated - - -

SBU can still score here against the LU D. Then they get the ball to start the second half....

Engineer86
November 25th, 2017, 02:36 PM
The score is not indicative, but it is factual. This game feels very much like the Villanova game.

katss07
November 25th, 2017, 02:37 PM
If there is any 5-6 team that deserves to be in the Playoffs, it is Lehigh. They continue to fight back!!

Southsider
November 25th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Isn’t LU 42 the same kid who was fair catching short ko,s earlier in the year, with open space in front? Why is he in there?? Looks like men against boys.

Engineer86
November 25th, 2017, 02:41 PM
Wow, SB with poor clock management

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 02:42 PM
If there is any 5-6 team that deserves to be in the Playoffs, it is Lehigh. They continue to fight back!!

Bull****, any MVFC 5-6 team would beat half the teams in the bracket!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 02:42 PM
24-14 SBU Half

Lehigh made a ton of mistakes and the rush D has been bad like has been the case all year. Lehigh will need SBU to turn it over in the 2nd half to have a legit chance of coming back.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 25th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Pretty happy with that half. The muffed kickoff sucked, and the no ejection on the targeting/no roughing the kicker penalty was awful, but Lehigh isn't going away. I really liked what I saw at the end of the half.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 02:51 PM
SBU's opening possession of the second half is huge! Force Carbone to throw!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 25th, 2017, 02:52 PM
SBU's opening possession of the second half is huge! Force Carbone to throw!

For some inexplicable reason they keep going back to it. Hope they continue!

Southsider
November 25th, 2017, 03:03 PM
LU is worst tackling team in the land. Hands down!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 03:03 PM
2 plays and SBU TD!! Lehigh defense baby!! What disaster!!

31-14 14:16 3Q

Engineer86
November 25th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Lehigh LBs are just not good enough.

NDSUtk
November 25th, 2017, 03:04 PM
And Stony Brook marches into the end zone in all of 44 seconds into the second half. 31-14 SB. SB may cover the over on their own at this pace.

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 03:06 PM
I left this game and UNH to put WIU and USD on.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 03:06 PM
2 plays and SBU TD!! Lehigh defense baby!! What disaster!!

31-14 14:16 3Q

Yikes, look out!!

hawkineer
November 25th, 2017, 03:08 PM
LU is worst tackling team in the land. Hands down!
I think that their DBs close their eyes and reach. They defense just can not compete. I feel bad for the offense which is always swimming upstream.

Engineer86
November 25th, 2017, 03:08 PM
I left this game and UNH to put WIU and USD on.

UNH game is still close

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 03:10 PM
UNH game is still close

It was 7-0 UNH at half...update?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 03:12 PM
TD SBU!!! This is going to be an interesting second half!! LU Front 7 D is D3 quality....

38-14 12:03 3Q

Engineer86
November 25th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Start the boats, this is going to be ugly.

Engineer86
November 25th, 2017, 03:14 PM
It was 7-0 UNH at half...update?

Still the same late in the 3rd, but CCSU has no offense, thanks to a Saturday night party. UNH in red zone

hawkineer
Convince me that this defense doesn't just quit when faced with any adversity. As we have been saying all year, entire defensive staff has got to go along with the special teams coach.

Southsider
Coen looks like a beaten down dog. Does Sterrett have the balls to do what is necessary? Doubt it. I feel real bad for the guys on O. They have gone all out the entire year.

Pards Rule
TD SBU!!! This is going to be an interesting second half!! LU Front 7 D is D3 quality....

38-14 12:03 3Q

What the hell is happening out there...

Engineer86
November 25th, 2017, 03:15 PM
Block FG by CCSU returned to UNH 40

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Still the same late in the 3rd, but CCSU has no offense, thanks to a Saturday night party. UNH in red zone

Boy that QB is going to feel like a complete heel now

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 03:22 PM
Block FG by CCSU returned to UNH 40

Update on that one please? CCSU driving?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 03:23 PM
If Lehigh has any chance to make this interesting in the 4th quarter they need a TD on this drive....

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Update on that one please? CCSU driving?

CCSU lost 2nd string QB...Third stringer in now. Trying FG after they blocked UNH try and returned it 40 yards.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 03:29 PM
SBU stops Lehigh on 4th down at their 10 yard line. The Seawolves tackle really well....

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 03:31 PM
SBU stops Lehigh on 4th down at their 10 yard line. The Seawolves tackle really well....

Wow...might be game right there then

Engineer86
November 25th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Lehigh is no ND St, and Brad Mayes is certainly no Carson Wentz!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 03:39 PM
TD Lehigh!

38-21 SBU End 3Q

hawkineer
November 25th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Lehigh is no ND St, and Brad Mayes is certainly no Carson Wentz!
?????????????????

Go...gate
November 25th, 2017, 03:41 PM
Lehigh is hanging in there.

Southsider
November 25th, 2017, 03:42 PM
?????????????????

Owl likes talking to himself.

Engineer86
November 25th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Wow, "SB just reminded everyone one Lehigh's sideline," just how bad Lehigh's defense is

Go Lehigh TU owl
TD SBU! 76 yard TD pass! Lehigh's defense is just abysmal...

45-21 SBU 14:15 4Q

Pards Rule
UNH 7 CCSU 0 STILL

cx500d
UNH 7 CCSU 0 STILL

These might be the two worst teams....

Southsider
Well, Ngineeer got his wish. SB throwing, but it ain’t helping!

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 03:46 PM
TD SBU! 76 yard TD pass! Lehigh's defense is just abysmal...

45-21 SBU 14:15 4Q

As Judge Judy says: we're done here!

World
November 25th, 2017, 03:55 PM
TD & 2 pts Lehigh

SBU - 45
Lehigh - 29

11:43 left in game

Bill
November 25th, 2017, 03:55 PM
Another missed opportunity to score big by taking the "over" on a Lehigh game. Uggh...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 03:57 PM
TD Lehigh! 2 pt conversion is good. It's shame how bad the Lehigh D is because their skill guys are silly good! 2 possession game. Might as well go for the onside....

45-29 SBU 11:45 4Q

Engineer86
November 25th, 2017, 03:57 PM
?????????????????

He slid twice when he could have gained 5 more yards, one was on right before the fourth and 6, 4 yd completion. Get the first down.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 03:58 PM
TD & 2 pts Lehigh

SBU - 45
Lehigh - 29

11:43 left in game

Those folks that said "if we can keep SBU to mid 30s" were prescient indeed!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Lehigh with an INT!!

...likely to be overturned

Go...gate
November 25th, 2017, 04:00 PM
I give Lehigh a hell of a lot of credit. They have not quit and they can score a lot of points very fast.

Pards Rule
UNH scores TD...

Engineer86
Lehigh with an INT!!

Not once replay is done, IMO

Go...gate
November 25th, 2017, 04:01 PM
As Judge Judy says: we're done here!

As Lee Corso says, "Not so fast, my friend!"

Engineer86
November 25th, 2017, 04:03 PM
Thank god replay is not a standard in FCS how slow can you be

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Thank god replay is not a standard in FCS how slow can you be

As slow as that overturned fumble on the field last week at the 5. It seemed like we were waiting 10 minutes at Goodman for the call!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Phil Mickelson strikes again! Lehigh ball, 1st down at their own 1 yard line....

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 04:08 PM
How much time left?

dwtime
November 25th, 2017, 04:13 PM
Hey Lehigh, put your offense together with our defense and we might have a pretty decent team!

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 04:13 PM
45-29, 6:18 left

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 04:15 PM
There's the half-a-hundred! Lehigh rush D is the worst you'll ever see!!

52-29 5:11 4Q

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 04:16 PM
As Lee Corso says, "Not so fast, my friend!"

Judy looks stern and says: we are!! Do you hear me!!??

van
November 25th, 2017, 04:17 PM
I give Lehigh a hell of a lot of credit. They have not quit and they can score a lot of points very fast.
I'll have what ever you re drinking

Southsider
November 25th, 2017, 04:17 PM
As slow as that overturned fumble on the field last week at the 5. It seemed like we were waiting 10 minutes at Goodman for the call!

Yes, but it was the correct call! I hate replay at every level. Let the refs call the games. Right Gate fans?

Southsider
November 25th, 2017, 04:18 PM
LU return man looked scared. Sad

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 04:19 PM
Yes, but it was the correct call! I hate replay at every level. Let the refs call the games. Right Gate fans?

I was telling someone in the stands that wouldnt be reviewed at all back in the day. Lafayette ball, no ultimate TD for Lehigh.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 04:20 PM
LU return man looked scared. Sad

I trust no puddle under his feet!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 04:23 PM
TD SBU!! The back ups are running wild!!

59-29 2:44 4Q

If SBU's coach ran the ball from the start SBU would have put up 70+....

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 04:24 PM
TD SBU!! The back ups are running wild!!

59-29 2:44 4Q

Wow...didnt think they would crank that many...Will DC be fricking fired or what??

Southsider
November 25th, 2017, 04:25 PM
C,mon Joe. Gotta make the move!

CHIP72
November 25th, 2017, 04:26 PM

Yeah, but as has been the case the whole season, they can give up points even quicker!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 04:26 PM
Lehigh kick returner has ball taken from him! SBU showing mercy and taking a knee at the Lehigh yard line with 2:38 to play. They should just run plays with this much time left...

NDSUtk
November 25th, 2017, 04:27 PM
SBU lining up for victory formation after a turn over on the kick. Bummer, was hoping they'd hit 66.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 04:27 PM
C,mon Joe. Gotta make the move!

To fire Andy?

Southsider
November 25th, 2017, 04:28 PM
And, PL needs to make some rule changes, or get out. This is just awful!

hawkineer
November 25th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Not another nickel donation to the Partnership until Sterrettt *****cans the entire defense staff. It's just a bad investment.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Lehigh kick returner has ball taken from him! SBU showing mercy and taking a knee at the Lehigh yard line with 2:38 to play. They should just run plays with this much time left...

At what yard line? You missed it...OMG!! What an end...Buddy Ryan would have cranked 66 for sure!

Roll 'gate
HAHAHAHA mercy is a nice way of saying it. Taking a knee with 2 and half minutes on the clock. Needless to say the last two "performances" by lehigh in the playoffs has been underwelming. AND don't start with the at least we made the playoffs please ... recent playoff performances need not be compared.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Fitting end to the season!

hawkineer
Not another nickel donation to the Partnership until Sterrett ***** cans the entire defense staff. It's just a bad investment.

Pards Rule
November 25th, 2017, 04:30 PM

At what yard line? OMG what an ending. Buddy Ryan would have ran up 66 for sure.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 04:32 PM
Stony Brook 59 Lehigh Final

Lehigh season was destroyed by the worst defense you'll ever see. SBU did what they had to do which was physically embarrass them up front. It's a shame this offense never had a chance this year.

JMU should feel good about next week. SBU is solid but this not an elite team imo....

Go...gate
November 25th, 2017, 04:36 PM
Hey, fellows, you were in the Dance. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Congratulations on a fine effort!

hawkineer
November 25th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Not another nickel donation to the Partnership until Sterrett ***** cans the entire defense staff. It's just a bad investment.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Hey, fellows, you were in the Dance. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Congratulations on a fine effort!

xlolx

I can put together a better front 7 from guys at my local gym...

Neighbor2
November 25th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Many thanks to the Lehigh players. This had to be a really difficult season. You did your best with what you were given to work with. The Lehigh football program needs a serious evaluation going forward. I'd sure like to see the coaching staff replaced. Hard to look forward to next season without that.

van
November 25th, 2017, 04:42 PM

Lehigh season was destroyed by the worst defense you'll ever see. SBU did what they had to do which was physically embarrass them up front. It's a shame this offense never had a chance this year.

JMU should feel good about next week. SBU is solid but this not an elite team imo....
might not be the worst D you will ever see, Cavenas, arguably the best D player is graduating and Q is a Sr also, next year could be worse without some substantial changes

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 04:44 PM
might not be the worst D you will ever see, Cavenas, arguably the best D player is graduating and Q is a Sr also, next year could be worse without some substantial changes

As this disappointing as this is, just think, they next time Lehigh takes the field it will be against Navy! xpopcornx

RichH2
November 25th, 2017, 04:50 PM
Another embarrassing butt whupping. We hung in for a while but D is just so bad.

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 04:57 PM
Lehigh's defense surrenders a total of 123 points in back-to-back playoff games. Is that a new record?

Pard4Life
November 25th, 2017, 05:08 PM
Well, I said Stony Brook 56, Lehigh 17... guess I don't know a thing about Lehigh... they were 10 points better...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 05:09 PM
Well, I said Stony Brook 56, Lehigh 17... guess I don't know a thing about Lehigh... they were 10 points better...

56-24...I looked it up because I agreed with you...

UNHWildcat18
November 25th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Stinks SBU has to go to JMU next

TennBison
November 25th, 2017, 05:20 PM
The world is back to the way it should be, the warmup round is weeding out the wannabees.

RichH2
November 25th, 2017, 05:22 PM
D gave up 622 yds today. Sums it up. I am out of synonyms for atrocious.

the last indian
November 25th, 2017, 05:23 PM
56-24...I looked it up because I agreed with you...
About what I expected. Though LU stayed in it a bit longer than I figured. Maybe the playoffs aren’t Lehigh’s thing.

Lehigh'98
November 25th, 2017, 05:26 PM
The world is back to the way it should be, the warmup round is weeding out the wannabees.

Lehigh can always get better next year, but you will always be sad and petty.

TennBison
November 25th, 2017, 05:29 PM
Lehigh can always get better next year, but you will always be sad and petty.
I am pretty happy actually, in two months i will be going to Hawaii for 3 months.

Lehigh'98
November 25th, 2017, 05:43 PM
I am pretty happy actually, in two months i will be going to Hawaii for 3 months.

If you spot any linebackers down there, send them to Lehigh please.

DUKESALLDAY
November 25th, 2017, 06:13 PM

Im definitely more confident about playing them after that game. Wasn’t very impressed with their defense.

hawkineer
November 25th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Had to watch the video three times to make sure that I hadn't lost my mind.
http://lehighsports.com/news/2017/11/25/football-lehighs-season-ends-at-stony-brook-with-59-29-setback-in-fcs-first-round.aspx

Quote of the year from Coen: "I'm really impressed with the defense. They've grown up." This alone should get Coen fired. Unfriggin' believable!

Gangtackle11
November 25th, 2017, 06:20 PM
I’ve come to realize that my team was doomed from the opening game.

Nova only scored 38 points in that game vs. Lehigh. Should have know we had no offense with that low #. xpeacex

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 06:42 PM
I’ve come to realize that my team was doomed from the opening game.

Nova only scored 38 points in that game vs. Lehigh. Should have know we had no offense with that low #. xpeacex

The 10 you scored against Temple was pretty reflective of your offense. How about those Owls? New coaching staff, tons of new starters on O and D and they finished 6-6, 4-4 in the AAC in a clear rebuilding year! Really improved as the year went on. Tough losses against Army and UConn kept it from being really good. 'Nova is in trouble next year against Temple...