PDA

View Full Version : First Round: Monmouth at Northern Iowa

Pages : [1] 2

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Looking forward to a new opponent in the UNI-Dome on Saturday.

From an X’s and O’s standpoint, I think this one will be ugly in the end. I think the Monmouth lines will get worn down over the course of 60 mins. Anything can happen. I probably felt the same way when Lehigh beat us in the playoffs. I’m sure the Dome will be about as empty as it was for that game.

Any Monmouth fans making the trip?

katss07
November 19th, 2017, 03:02 PM
How many fans were at that Lehigh game?

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 03:07 PM
UNI in blowout fashion.

POD Knows
November 19th, 2017, 03:08 PM
As much as a despise UNI, don't **** the bed and embarrass the conference.

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2017, 03:09 PM
How many fans were at that Lehigh game?

katss07
November 19th, 2017, 03:11 PM

Better than most teams get in round one. SHSU is lucky to get more than 4,500 on Thanksgiving weekend.

UNI will handle Monmouth. Cool that they got in for the first time, but UNI shouldn’t have a problem with the Hawks.

Prediction: UNI 34-14 Monmouth

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2017, 03:18 PM
I think UNI wins. I have my own opinion about how UNI could lose, but I don't want people to think I consider it likely (because I don't) and I feel people assume as much if you bring up counterpoints. So I'll save that commentary for the event in which UNI gets upset or if it's closer than expected (which again, I don't think is likely)

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2017, 03:30 PM
UNI will rout Monmouth at home.

GoBlueHens83
November 19th, 2017, 03:32 PM
This will get ugly, possibly by halftime.

Monmouth 10
UNI 49

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2017, 03:49 PM
Go Monmouth! I don’t want to play UNI again xlolx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison56
November 19th, 2017, 06:12 PM

^This

- - - Updated - - -

^This:D

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 06:23 PM
I think its going to be a lot closer....

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2017, 07:01 PM

I hope we are coming for you. Then I hope it goes like the first time. Fingers crossed. :)

- - - Updated - - -

So give us your prediction....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2017, 07:36 PM
Watched Monmouth a few times this year. They have legit FCS talent and several FBS transfers. This is a good team. Northern Iowa will win but it won't be that bad.

UNI 37 Monmouth 20

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2017, 07:45 PM
I’m going 31-10 Panthers. Monmouth has some talent, but I don’t think they will be able to handle the physicality. They gave up 300+ on the ground yesterday. Weymiller is going to shove the ball down their throat.

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2017, 07:47 PM
I’m going 31-10 Panthers. Monmouth has some talent, but I don’t think they will be able to handle the physicality. They gave up 300+ on the ground yesterday. Weymiller is going to shove the ball down their throat.

How many rushes does he get? Will Farley pull him if it gets out of hand or will he risk injury and run him until the clock hits 00:00

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2017, 09:08 PM
How many rushes does he get? Will Farley pull him if it gets out of hand or will he risk injury and run him until the clock hits 00:00

I hope he saves everyone if it gets out of hand. Going to be tough to win twice in Brookings in one season.

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2017, 09:35 PM
I hope he saves everyone if it gets out of hand. Going to be tough to win twice in Brookings in one season.

I would never wish that upon anyone going to Brookings twice in one season.

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2017, 09:48 PM

I would like to make my first ever trip to Brookings if we get the win, but it’s not looking good in my calendar.

igo4uni
November 19th, 2017, 09:50 PM

I hear Brookings is beautiful this time of year.

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2017, 09:56 PM
I would like to make my first ever trip to Brookings if we get the win, but it’s not looking good in my calendar.

I have been to Brookings before and I would choose it over Vermintown as well as Grand Forks, but not before Fargo. Though I do love me some Omaha.

Keks were had.

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 09:56 PM

Its very beautiful. This is Main Street; here's a picture of the tree:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5e/20/21/5e20213f90aa54b2166961a66c4bd6ae--in-the-winter-winter-time.jpg

igo4uni
November 19th, 2017, 09:59 PM

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5e/20/21/5e20213f90aa54b2166961a66c4bd6ae--in-the-winter-winter-time.jpg

traffic looks heavier than usual

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 10:00 PM
traffic looks heavier than usual

Yes, you don't normally have that many ruts at high noon.

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2017, 11:07 PM
Damn. Let me know, I’ll be there.

Says the fan of the team whose only hill is man made xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2017, 05:26 AM

Hey, most fertile farmland in the world....xnodx

Bottom of an inland sea will do that...xnodx

POD Knows
November 20th, 2017, 08:32 AM
I have been to Brookings before and I would choose it over Vermintown as well as Grand Forks, but not before Fargo. Though I do love me some Omaha.

I dislike UND as much as the next normal person but Grand Forks is a way nicer town that either Brookings or Vermillion, and it isn't even close.

ElCid
November 20th, 2017, 08:33 AM
I got it at 37-13. Longest trip for the Hawks this year. First playoff appearance. They could overcome both, both don't think so.

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2017, 08:42 AM
I have been out of the loop so maybe a UNI fan can fill me in, but will Dunne be back for this game?

I mean Howell did okay in filling in, but it would be really nice to have Dunne back out there.

uni88
November 20th, 2017, 08:51 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDo they burn the methane off so the hill doesn't explode?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

semobison
November 20th, 2017, 09:08 AM
Do they burn the methane off so the hill doesn't explode?

Time to take your first trip out of Iowa! There is not an oil well within 275 miles of Fargo.

MUHAWKS
November 20th, 2017, 09:16 AM
Looking forward to a new opponent in the UNI-Dome on Saturday.

From an X’s and O’s standpoint, I think this one will be ugly in the end. I think the Monmouth lines will get worn down over the course of 60 mins. Anything can happen. I probably felt the same way when Lehigh beat us in the playoffs. I’m sure the Dome will be about as empty as it was for that game.

Any Monmouth fans making the trip?

Hey man- Monmouth football alum and huge fan here- Gotta admit I was happy we got in but such a buzzkill we are coming out there-- NOT b/c ya'll are very good but damn it is NOT easy to get there-- There are NO direct flights from anywhere near NYC and the quickest connect is still a 6 hour ordeal- Add to it the weekend after Thanksgiving and the only option now is fly to Chicago and rent a car for the 5 hour drive- I have been in touch with school officials and they are working on something so there MAY be an extra charter flight going out for fans/alum/family etc..Otherwise it looks very bleak..Any thoughts on any other option???

clenz
November 20th, 2017, 09:17 AM
I have been out of the loop so maybe a UNI fan can fill me in, but will Dunne be back for this game?

I mean Howell did okay in filling in, but it would be really nice to have Dunne back out there.
There's zero updated on Dunne going back to the time of his injury. Not a single word other than "It wasn't a concussion it was a chest issue".

Without Dunne there is no shot at a real run deeper into the playoffs. He isn't needed for Monmouth but I'd like to see him out there. Going into Brookings, in December, and trying to play him for the first time in a month is a scary proposition.

clenz
November 20th, 2017, 09:18 AM
Hey man- Monmouth football alum and huge fan here- Gotta admit I was happy we got in but such a buzzkill we are coming out there-- NOT b/c ya'll are very good but damn it is NOT easy to get there-- There are NO direct flights from anywhere near NYC and the quickest connect is still a 6 hour ordeal- Add to it the weekend after Thanksgiving and the only option now is fly to Chicago and rent a car for the 5 hour drive- I have been in touch with school officials and they are working on something so there MAY be an extra charter flight going out for fans/alum/family etc..Otherwise it looks very bleak..Any thoughts on any other option???
Why fly into Chicago and drive 5 hours? Why not fly into Cedar Rapids and drive just over an hour?

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2017, 09:23 AM

Drop me a message if you come out and want to meet up and talk shop. Like Clenz said, Cedar Rapids is normally a great option.

clenz
November 20th, 2017, 09:24 AM
It'll cost way more money than I'd spend but you can fly from JFK to CID (Cedar Rapids) for 770 - in Firday out Sunday

JFK to MIA 8am-1120am (central times so add an hour for you)
MIA to CLT 250pm to 457pm
CLT to CID (yes, Cedar Rapid and Charlotte have direct flights) 630 pm to 759pm

You're in your hotel in Cedar Falls by 10pm Central - 11 eastern

Or just stay in Cedar Rapids. Leave the hotel by about 10 am central to get to Cedar Falls by just after 11 am central. Take in the campus, eat something, game starts at 4 central.

It will be over just after 7 central.

You're back in your hotel in Cedar Rapids by 10 central.

Flight out leaves at 836 am central to Chicago

CID to Chicago 836-954
Chicago to DC 130-417
DC to JFK 525-7pm

You're home by 8PM eastern on Sunday

clenz
November 20th, 2017, 09:25 AM
Drop me a message if you come out and want to meet up and talk shop. Like Clenz said, Cedar Rapids is normally a great option.
I won't be at the game but if you do fly into Cedar Rapids let me know. I might be able to grab a lunch with an AGS poster if my Friday works out correctly - assuming you don't have an issue with a 2 year old tagging along

uni88
November 20th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Time to take your first trip out of Iowa! There is not an oil well within 275 miles of Fargo.Umm ... landfill.

And I while I haven't been to Canada's nutsack yet I haven't lived in Iowa in almost 30 years. ;)

TheKingpin28
November 20th, 2017, 10:14 AM
I dislike UND as much as the next normal person but Grand Forks is a way nicer town that either Brookings or Vermillion, and it isn't even close.

They have done a lot in the last few years to revitalize it, but I would still choose Brookings slightly over GF, due to the fact that almost everyone up there finds a way to either mention the hockey program or bash Big Brother in every possible way. At least in Brookings, they mainly trash the Yotes and leave the Bison alone, except when it comes to cars in parking lots.

achrist70
November 20th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Dunne should play, he was dressed on Saturday, but wasn't needed, I would guess that he starts, but comes out if the game is in hand. Although Farley isn't known for pulling players early.

clenz
November 20th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Dunne should play, he was dressed on Saturday, but wasn't needed, I would guess that he starts, but comes out if the game is in hand. Although Farley isn't known for pulling players early.
I'm pretty sure Marcus just got another carry....

Panthers1995
November 20th, 2017, 02:17 PM
With the yards Monmouth gave up on the ground last weekend we could see Marcus be the only person touch the ball on Saturday.

Panthers1995
November 20th, 2017, 03:36 PM
With the amount of yards Monmouth has been giving up on the ground we might see Marcus be the only person touch the ball on offense.

Evolution Prime
November 20th, 2017, 03:55 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/EvolutionPrime/Mobile%20Uploads/giphy_zpsvi8rd9xr.gif

clenz
November 20th, 2017, 03:58 PM
With the amount of yards Monmouth has been giving up on the ground we might see Marcus be the only person touch the ball on offense.
He's still in the dome getting carries from Saturday

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2017, 04:10 PM
He's still in the dome getting carries from Saturday

Years from now, we'll look back on this time and tell stories..."on cold and stormy October nights, some say you can still hear his feet pounding down the UNIDome turf"

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2017, 04:14 PM
Guys he is only averaging 28.333 carries per game.

Edit: Only 21.25 when you consider the Iowa State game and Cal Poly games where he is listed as no carries instead of DNP.

clenz
November 20th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Guys he is only averaging 28.333 carries per game.
How many of those came when we were up by 21 in the last two weeks?

clenz
November 20th, 2017, 04:22 PM
He had 42 carries against SDSU...UNI was up by 4 scores the entire game basically.
He had 25 against Missouri State. Missouri State was never a threat. He shouldn't have had a carry after half time. He had 12 with 9 coming on a drive that started with 7 minutes left in the game.

Last week he had averaged 10 carries per quarter until Browning got in the game. UNI was up 24 at half.

He missed the first 5 weeks of the year with an ankle/foot/knee injury. He still isn't 100% and hobbles around quite a bit.

The abuse he takes late in games he shouldn't be in is high.

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2017, 06:12 PM

You sure that's not just outside of Macomb? It could easily be just a couple of miles from my house.

cx500d
November 20th, 2017, 07:06 PM
You sure that's not just outside of Macomb? It could easily be just a couple of miles from my house.

Nope, downtown Brookings. Right next to the liquor store.

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2017, 09:50 PM

Oh yea, I see it now. Just down the road three miles...on the right.

cx500d
November 20th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Oh yea, I see it now. Just down the road three miles...on the right.

Yeah, be careful at the railroad crossing, it doesn't have the automatic arms to block the crossing if a trains coming.

ST_Lawson
November 21st, 2017, 06:23 AM
Yeah, be careful at the railroad crossing, it doesn't have the automatic arms to block the crossing if a trains coming.

No problem, ya just gotta stick yer head out the truck window and listen fer the horn.

Serpentor
November 21st, 2017, 06:27 AM

Geez, hopefully South Dakota will get some post offices and electric lines soon...

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2017, 06:27 AM

xlolx

I see a lot of roads like this....xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2017, 06:30 AM
UNI by what?

20?

30?

More?

clenz
November 21st, 2017, 07:43 AM
UNI by what?

20?

30?

More?
Odds makers are pretty much in line with the computers of about 22-25.

It'll either be UNI not ready to play in an empty dome - ala Lehigh 2010 - and much closer than it probably should be or even a loss - ala Lehigh 2010. Starting QB not fully healthy. Look at the similarities:
-Team was 7-4.
-Playing a home game on Thanksgiving weekend in front of the smallest crowd (probably) in UNI history - this probably won't be smaller???
-against a team from out east with something to prove, (I was in row 2 behind the Lehigh bench and their motto that day was "Ain't no body ****ing going to Iowa to vacation on Thanksgiving. We came to play")
-with the fan base being mostly "meh" about the program at that point.

UNI lost that game 14-7 to Lehigh. Lehigh came more to play than UNI did, though they still were not very good. That UNI team started the season 2-3. Won 5 in a row and clinched the MVFC title before the last week of the season. Didn't try at all the final week in Macomb. Played a hurt QB, got even more hurt. Locker room was falling apart because the back up QB was a bitch and a half about being the back up QB. Some similarities in terms of how the season went but this locker room is together, and believes in each other. That locker room was toxic as ****.

or

It will be like the Maine playoff game in 2008. Final score was 40-15. 7-0 after 1 23-7 at half (7-7 at the 8 minute mark). UNI out gained Maine 422-264. Maine averaged 4 yards per play, 2 yards per rush, UNI forced 4 turnovers. The first score for Maine came on a blocked punt and they had to go 15 yards for a TD. It took them 5 plays to get those 15 yards. The second score came when it was 33-7 halfway through the 4th quarter with UNI in a "let them take all the time they want" defense. Maine took 7 minutes to score. The scored both of their TDs in the third quarter with a total of 5 plays for 101 yards and 1:55 of time of possession - 62 yard blown coverage and a 1 play 28 yard pass after a pick.

Lehigh or Maine...Don't see much in between.

cx500d
November 21st, 2017, 08:21 AM
Geez, hopefully South Dakota will get some post offices and electric lines soon...

I heard the REA is coming soon. Pony Express still works, but its a little expensive.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2017, 09:29 AM

So do I, not predicting anything crazy though.... UNI should wear them out but might be a jaw dropper or 2 for the UNI fans before they take control of the game as it grinds on....

Yote 53
November 21st, 2017, 09:38 AM
UNI can run the ball. I worry about passing teams coming into games like this because sometimes the focus and timing can be off a bit and that causes the O to stall. With a team that can run the ball like UNI can and is physical on the lines I'm not worried about you guys. Your lines will be able to flip a switch and physically dominate the game. UNI huge in this one.

If Brookings looks like that pic in two weeks I like UNI's chances there too, especially if you mix in some wind. I'll take the Panthers in a phone booth battle against the Bunnies any day of the week.

UNIFanSince1983
November 21st, 2017, 09:43 AM
UNI can run the ball. I worry about passing teams coming into games like this because sometimes the focus and timing can be off a bit and that causes the O to stall. With a team that can run the ball like UNI can and is physical on the lines I'm not worried about you guys. Your lines will be able to flip a switch and physically dominate the game. UNI huge in this one.

If Brookings looks like that pic in two weeks I like UNI's chances there too, especially if you mix in some wind. I'll take the Panthers in a phone booth battle against the Bunnies any day of the week.

In a blizzard game in Brookings Weymiller may get double the carries the first time he did there...

However, we have to get past a tough Monmouth first.

JayJ79
November 21st, 2017, 09:48 AM
In a blizzard game in Brookings Weymiller may get double the carries the first time he did there...

84 carries in a game? that would be interesting.

clenz
November 21st, 2017, 09:50 AM
If any coach would do it to any player it's Farley to Marcus.

Yote 53
November 21st, 2017, 10:00 AM

However, we have to get past a tough Monmouth first.

A tough Monmouth team. Gotcha there Lou Holtz. That's a good one.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2017, 10:22 AM

I almost spit my drink out with his post AND your response.

If Monmouth hangs around it'sgoing to be a long day. No offense to Monmouth at all. Glad to have a new opponent come through. I’m just not confident in their lines.

Bison56
November 21st, 2017, 10:30 AM

Coffee in the nose, thanks for that. xlolx

Panthers1995
November 21st, 2017, 10:53 AM
I almost spit my drink out with his post AND your response.

If Monmouth hangs around it'sgoing to be a long day. No offense to Monmouth at all. Glad to have a new opponent come through. I’m just not confident in their lines.
Just did a little research. The biggest Monmouth starts on their offensive line is 300 lbs and the biggest on their defensive line is 295. I have a feeling it could be a long day for Monmouth on the lines. With the way UNIs defense has been playing it could get out of hand.

cx500d
November 21st, 2017, 01:54 PM

Thats like a light day for Cal Poly and Joe Protheroe

igo4uni
November 21st, 2017, 07:22 PM
It'll cost way more money than I'd spend but you can fly from JFK to CID (Cedar Rapids) for 770 - in Firday out Sunday

Or just stay in Cedar Rapids. Leave the hotel by about 10 am central to get to Cedar Falls by just after 11 am central. Take in the campus, eat something, game starts at 4 central.

CID to Chicago 836-954
Chicago to DC 130-417
DC to JFK 525-7pm

New York to Miami to Charlotte and then to Cedar Rapids?? Ouch

uni88
November 21st, 2017, 08:20 PM

CID to Chicago 836-954
Chicago to DC 130-417
DC to JFK 525-7pm

Those 3 flights = 13 hours of flying and waiting (he would land at CID at 8:59 NY time) plus another hour to get to Cedar Falls. You can fly from NY to Chicago in less than 3 hours then rent a car and drive to Cedar Falls in 4.5 - 5 hours. 8 hours is better than 14 hours and with 2 connections you're really at the mercy of potential weather delays.

You could fly in to Milwaukee (MKE - not as many flights to chose from but because of that they're able to catch up if there's a weather delay) or Minneapolis (MSP - shaves about 1.5 hours off the drive).

LU808
November 21st, 2017, 08:33 PM

Beware of the ghost of playoffs past - Monmouth has all the makings of another Lehigh game. An overconfident UNI and an underdog with everything to gain!

LU808
November 21st, 2017, 08:35 PM
Watch out - speed kills!

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2017, 08:35 PM
Beware of the ghost of playoffs past - Monmouth has all the makings of another Lehigh game. An overconfident UNI and an underdog with everything to gain!

We aren’t quite as ****ed as we were going into that Lehigh game. :D

clenz
November 21st, 2017, 09:35 PM

You haven’t followed anything UNI related if you think the fans or players are overconfident

neverobeyed
November 21st, 2017, 10:32 PM
Those 3 flights = 13 hours of flying and waiting (he would land at CID at 8:59 NY time) plus another hour to get to Cedar Falls. You can fly from NY to Chicago in less than 3 hours then rent a car and drive to Cedar Falls in 4.5 - 5 hours. 8 hours is better than 14 hours and with 2 connections you're really at the mercy of potential weather delays.

You could fly in to Milwaukee (MKE - not as many flights to chose from but because of that they're able to catch up if there's a weather delay) or Minneapolis (MSP - shaves about 1.5 hours off the drive).

JFK to MSP 7:30 a.m. - 9:34 a.m. direct flight on Saturday $494 (at the moment, Delta)
Drive a rental down to CF in 3.5 hours
Game at 4:00 p.m.
Stay in CF hotel or power up with coffee and head back to a hotel near MSP
MSP to JFK, either 6:55 a.m. to 10:50 a.m. or 10:10 a.m. to 2:02 p.m., both non-stop

neverobeyed
November 21st, 2017, 10:36 PM

If any coach would do it to any player it's Farley to Marcus.

Add a linebacker in the FB position (UNI actually has a RS-F listed as a TE/FB) and a 2-0 final score and you have Farley's dream game.

JayJ79
November 21st, 2017, 11:09 PM
Add a linebacker in the FB position
like how Jared Farley has lined up as FB in goal line packages?

neverobeyed
November 22nd, 2017, 12:34 AM

like how Jared Farley has lined up as FB in goal line packages?

Yep. Better yet, add Jared and Reth with Marcus in the backfield, give the QBs and other RBs the day off.

MUHAWKS
November 22nd, 2017, 10:08 AM
Here is my analysis of my Monmouth team- Not gonna be too detailed b/c I am doing this at work, but just honest and hopefully unbiased opinion on our team and where we are at...FYI I have seen almost every game for the last 15 years when I graduated and played..

This is essentially the first year we have had the bigger number of full scholarships as we progressed in The Big South. With that has finally come better depth. Our strength to start the year was our O-Line with all 5 starters coming back- We lost a very talented tackle mid year and almost lost our 4 year starting center a couple weeks ago but thankfully no damage was done. So it is safe to say that our O Line is our strength. We are better run blockers for the most part and rarely has there been a game where we could not establish the run. To continue with that theme, we HAD FOUR very good RB's- Our starter, Pete Guerriero is the Big South Champ in the 100 and 200 meter dash so obviously has speed, but he can run very well between the tackles and battle for tough yards. We lost, who I thought was probably the best RB I have seen at MU- Eric Zoukouri, another freshman who was for lack of a better words "different"- He was just flat out good, big, strong, fast, balance.. But he is out, maybe for good as he suffered a spinal injury against Charleston Southern. That still leaves 2 capable backups, one big bruiser and the other a small, shifty quick kid.. Our QB is a little erratic, but when he is on, he is a dual threat who can throw a very tight, good ball- He is mobile in the pocket but will def look to throw before run even though he is damn capable of both- He is still coming along as he is just a sophmore and he did nto end up starting until the end of last season, BUT with that being said, he seems to get better each game..His targets are many. We have a high level pass catching TE, an NFL prospect at WR (Reggie White) and 2-3 other role players who are extremely capable and sometimes serious playmakers. Our offense is diverse but we thrive on our running game and it would be hard to imagine our running game being totally shut down- if that happens, than goodnight Monmouth..

Our defense is so spotty. We let up points a lot but are also capable of playing a quarter or half of shutdown ball- It is led by All American safety Mike Basile who is all over the field. Our LB's are fast and we have some very good corners who can play at a high level. We rarely get a serious pass rush without a blitz but like I said The D is jeckyl and Hyde-We go from looking great to not so good at times. My honest take is we were/are NOT suited to play against that wishbone and never have been- I think you will see a MUCH better result from our D even against N. Iowa. That Kennesaw offense is just so hard to defend and if you dont make stops or keep scoring, 2 turnovers by the offense could spell game over-- We had 4. I am more confident in our offense than our defense but the D has been used to just having to be "good" since our offense has been very good. I know very little about UNI so not sure what we will try and do/take away..

Special teams are solid, kicking game, punt game and return game all capable of adding value and being acretive to a win.. I do NOT think we will be out of our league in terms of our best vs UNI best nor do I think we will be too slow, small etc.. I fully expect this to be a game into the 3rd and 4th quarters, although it would seem we need to win the turnover battle and play good in the red zone to have a shot..Our coaching staff has some serious continuity, with the HC and DC being there the entire length of our program (25 years) except a 1 yr hiatus for the DC-- Our OC is experienced and not afraid to mix it up. We are well coached and the team has a good attitude, they are a true "team"-- I think people under estimate how good Kennesaw is and how hard it is to play against them- We had a couple awful mistakes and turnovers in the game and were still very much in at at half- They scored 14 pts in the qst half off of our turnovers in our own territory and also scored with 30 seconds left in the half after converting a 4th down.. I am NOT saying that is ivalid, I am saying I did not watch Monmouth be outclassed I watched them make every mistake possible and still be in the game into the 3rd and then collapse based on honestly not being able to get the F off the field forcing the offense out of our game-- I think 22.5 pts is way too much and would advise betting UNI with that large a spread. Of course, I say this ONLY lookling at UNI scores not the actual game tape.

I will answer any questions anyone has if anyone even cares, but suffice to say we have very good players, nothing to lose and feel liek we belong and have been given second life.. We shall see....

neverobeyed
November 22nd, 2017, 10:30 AM
Here is my analysis of my Monmouth team- Not gonna be too detailed b/c I am doing this at work, but just honest and hopefully unbiased opinion on our team and where we are at...FYI I have seen almost every game for the last 15 years when I graduated and played..

This is essentially the first year we have had the bigger number of full scholarships as we progressed in The Big South. With that has finally come better depth. Our strength to start the year was our O-Line with all 5 starters coming back- We lost a very talented tackle mid year and almost lost our 4 year starting center a couple weeks ago but thankfully no damage was done. So it is safe to say that our O Line is our strength. We are better run blockers for the most part and rarely has there been a game where we could not establish the run. To continue with that theme, we HAD FOUR very good RB's- Our starter, Pete Guerriero is the Big South Champ in the 100 and 200 meter dash so obviously has speed, but he can run very well between the tackles and battle for tough yards. We lost, who I thought was probably the best RB I have seen at MU- Eric Zoukouri, another freshman who was for lack of a better words "different"- He was just flat out good, big, strong, fast, balance.. But he is out, maybe for good as he suffered a spinal injury against Charleston Southern. That still leaves 2 capable backups, one big bruiser and the other a small, shifty quick kid.. Our QB is a little erratic, but when he is on, he is a dual threat who can throw a very tight, good ball- He is mobile in the pocket but will def look to throw before run even though he is damn capable of both- He is still coming along as he is just a sophmore and he did nto end up starting until the end of last season, BUT with that being said, he seems to get better each game..His targets are many. We have a high level pass catching TE, an NFL prospect at WR (Reggie White) and 2-3 other role players who are extremely capable and sometimes serious playmakers. Our offense is diverse but we thrive on our running game and it would be hard to imagine our running game being totally shut down- if that happens, than goodnight Monmouth..

Our defense is so spotty. We let up points a lot but are also capable of playing a quarter or half of shutdown ball- It is led by All American safety Mike Basile who is all over the field. Our LB's are fast and we have some very good corners who can play at a high level. We rarely get a serious pass rush without a blitz but like I said The D is jeckyl and Hyde-We go from looking great to not so good at times. My honest take is we were/are NOT suited to play against that wishbone and never have been- I think you will see a MUCH better result from our D even against N. Iowa. That Kennesaw offense is just so hard to defend and if you dont make stops or keep scoring, 2 turnovers by the offense could spell game over-- We had 4. I am more confident in our offense than our defense but the D has been used to just having to be "good" since our offense has been very good. I know very little about UNI so not sure what we will try and do/take away..

Special teams are solid, kicking game, punt game and return game all capable of adding value and being acretive to a win.. I do NOT think we will be out of our league in terms of our best vs UNI best nor do I think we will be too slow, small etc.. I fully expect this to be a game into the 3rd and 4th quarters, although it would seem we need to win the turnover battle and play good in the red zone to have a shot..Our coaching staff has some serious continuity, with the HC and DC being there the entire length of our program (25 years) except a 1 yr hiatus for the DC-- Our OC is experienced and not afraid to mix it up. We are well coached and the team has a good attitude, they are a true "team"-- I think people under estimate how good Kennesaw is and how hard it is to play against them- We had a couple awful mistakes and turnovers in the game and were still very much in at at half- They scored 14 pts in the qst half off of our turnovers in our own territory and also scored with 30 seconds left in the half after converting a 4th down.. I am NOT saying that is ivalid, I am saying I did not watch Monmouth be outclassed I watched them make every mistake possible and still be in the game into the 3rd and then collapse based on honestly not being able to get the F off the field forcing the offense out of our game-- I think 22.5 pts is way too much and would advise betting UNI with that large a spread. Of course, I say this ONLY lookling at UNI scores not the actual game tape.

I will answer any questions anyone has if anyone even cares, but suffice to say we have very good players, nothing to lose and feel liek we belong and have been given second life.. We shall see....

Exactly how they should be going into the playoffs.

Clenz posted - either here or on the Panthernation forum - about being two rows behind the Lehigh sidelines when they went to the UNI-Dome for the play-in game in 2010 and what their attitude was on the sidelines .... something like, "Nobody goes to Iowa for vacation. We came to play" comments. And they did, winning 14-7.

Your HC and OC have been working toward this for 25 years, building the program to this point. You know they aren't happy just to be there.

Should be a good game. Thanks for the insights, Muhawks.

Panthers1995
November 22nd, 2017, 07:45 PM
We aren’t quite as ****ed as we were going into that Lehigh game. :D
Thinking about the Lehigh game gives me nightmares. Tirell Rennie is still a name that brings bad bad memories back.

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2017, 07:50 PM
Thinking about the Lehigh game gives me nightmares. Tirell Rennie is still a name that brings bad bad memories back.

Him and Davis were a joke that year. We had rotating QBs who both sucked. I think it was Davis who did a 360 spin and threw the ball up for an interception. That was the first year of ongoing QB battles that were annoying. Glad to have a clear cut started this year.

ngineer
November 22nd, 2017, 08:10 PM
The attitudes expressed toward Monmouth are similar to when UNI hosted Lehigh several years ago and ended up on the short end. Monmouth has some talented athletes and if they are still hanging around in the second half it could get dicey. i do agree that the factor of the "the dome" won't be as bad as it could be with the students around. Certainly, UNI has to be picked on paper, but don't take Monmouth lightly. A number of teams did earlier this year and paid the price.

clenz
November 22nd, 2017, 11:00 PM
The attitudes expressed toward Monmouth are similar to when UNI hosted Lehigh several years ago and ended up on the short end. Monmouth has some talented athletes and if they are still hanging around in the second half it could get dicey. i do agree that the factor of the "the dome" won't be as bad as it could be with the students around. Certainly, UNI has to be picked on paper, but don't take Monmouth lightly. A number of teams did earlier this year and paid the price.There is a massive difference between the team that Lehigh faced and this eyars UNI team.

The 2010 UNI team was an unmitigated disaster that was in a full blown civil war with itself. That team had zero interesting in playing football past week 6. The MVFC was just so bad that year that we still somehow won the MVFC. That was justjust the 2nd, and still just the 2nd, time that the MVFC title was won by a team with more than 1 conference loss.

I legitimately don't have the time to describe all of the issues with that 2010 team other than saying it was a full out civil war with players literally quitting the team but refusing to actually quit the team just to piss other players off.

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2017, 04:48 AM
I don’t see a blow out here from what I’ve seen from the Monmouth side. This program has been building over the years. It has sent a few to the NFL ( Miles Austin - Dallas Cowboys there most famous football alum) & recruit from a fertile local football area (Jersey Shore) & close to NYC/Philly/Baltimore/DC recruiting areas.

I havent seen enough of UNI, but being from the MVFC gives them Street cred, but certainly doesn’t stamp this game as a blowout. Those who think they got a cupcake may be surprised come this Saturday. I think Monmouth is better than some may think. ✌️

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2017, 05:34 AM
I don’t see a blow out here from what I’ve seen from the Monmouth side. This program has been building over the years. It has sent a few to the NFL ( Miles Austin - Dallas Cowboys there most famous football alum) & recruit from a fertile local football area (Jersey Shore) & close to NYC/Philly/Baltimore/DC recruiting areas.

I havent seen enough of UNI, but being from the MVFC gives them Street cred, but certainly doesn’t stamp this game as a blowout. Those who think they got a cupcake may be surprised come this Saturday. I think Monmouth is better than some may think. ✌️

I can get behind this line of thinking as well, I saw Monmouth just a bit this year and the talent of a Pete Guerriero jumps out at you pretty quickly, although having said that I thought they would at least be in the Kennewsaw State game and they got beat pretty good, I can see a close first half and as the game drones/domes on the home team takes full control of the game ..... but yes, Monmouth should have some good moments

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2017, 07:42 AM
I don’t expect an early blowout, but I can guarantee UNI is the most physical team the Hawks have played this year(Thanks to the glory of the Internet). I voted for Monmouth for quite a while up until the last poll after the KSU game. Whether or not that translates into a win for the Panthers in the way I am thinking, who knows?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2017, 07:45 AM

Sure on any given Saturday a team can win but running down Monmouth's schedule, that is not exactly a list of "heavyweights" in the FCS ranks...xrolleyesx

I'll really surprised if UNI doesn't win by at least 3 TDs...unless Farley calls of the dogs and Monmouth gets some garbage time scores.

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2017, 08:08 AM
[/B]Sure on any given Saturday a team can win but running down Monmouth's schedule, that is not exactly a list of "heavyweights" in the FCS ranks...xrolleyesx

I'll really surprised if UNI doesn't win by at least 3 TDs...unless Farley calls of the dogs and Monmouth gets some garbage time scores.

I have no dog in the fight. I read the same commentary last season about Nova vs. SDSU. Last season Nova beat Lehigh 26-21. Beat Lafayette 31-14. SDSU was going to run Nova off the field. Great players all over the place. I was expecting the GB Packers. 10-7 final.

You blow them out then so be it.
I’d respect Monmouth a bit more than you are. Again, I could care less if it’s a 1 point game or a 40 point game. GL. xpeacex

Woody Hayes
November 23rd, 2017, 08:17 AM
UNI by 30.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2017, 08:30 AM
I have no dog in the fight. I read the same commentary last season about Nova vs. SDSU. Last season Nova beat Lehigh 26-21. Beat Lafayette 31-14. SDSU was going to run Nova off the field. Great players all over the place. I was expecting the GB Packers. 10-7 final.

I’d respect Monmouth a bit more than you are. Again, I could care less if it’s a 1 point game or a 40 point game. GL. xpeacex

Tell that whole Vill/SDSU story. December weather in the upper Midwest played a huge part in that game....xrolleyesx

I suppose you would say NDSU is overrated because they didn't beat Ill State by more even though there was a monsoon and a blizzard in that game....xrolleyesx.....personally, I loved being a part of that game, it was awesome...xnodx

Ya, maybe Monmouth will prove me wrong and win.....we'll see.

Yote 53
November 23rd, 2017, 08:33 AM
I might have more faith in UNI than many UNI posters. Panthers win by 3TD in a blowout. I might need to change my handle to Clenz53.

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2017, 08:40 AM
Tell that whole Vill/SDSU story. December weather in the upper Midwest played a huge part in that game....xrolleyesx

I suppose you would say NDSU is overrated because they didn't beat Ill State by more even though there was a monsoon and a blizzard in that game....xrolleyesx.....personally, I loved being a part of that game, it was awesome...xnodx

Ya, maybe Monmouth will prove me wrong and win.....we'll see.

Shouldnt a team from Brookings have even more of an advantage? That team was cutting through MVFC defenses like a hot knife through butter. I was there btw. It was 35 degrees. Slight mix of rain & snow. That is the story. 200 yards total offense for SDSU. 7 yards rushing. Nova had any kind of offense and it might have been different. The goal is to win. They did, but they certainly weren’t a runaway train as the MVFC teams always are presented here.,

Respect your opponents. Something you have a problem doing out your way if it’s not an MVFC team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2017, 08:44 AM
Shouldnt a team from Brookings have even more of an advantage? That team was cutting through MVFC defenses like a hot knife through butter. I was there btw. It was 35 degrees. Slight mix of rain & snow. That is the story. 200 yards total offense for SDSU. 7 yards rushing. Nova had any kind of offense and it might have been different. The goal is to win. They did, but they certainly weren’t a runaway train as the MVFC teams always are presented here.,

Respect your opponents. Something you have a problem doing out your way if it’s not an MVFC team.

xlolx

So, in your infinite wisdom, you think "slight rain and snow" has no effect on offenses? Laughable.

Yep, NDSU must he horse**it because they only had 15 yards passing last Saturday....yep, that "runaway train" is just a paper tiger like SDSU was....xrolleyesx

I respect teams that are good and it doesn't matter where they are located.

Like I said, we'll see how the juggernaut of Monmouth does on Saturday.....

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2017, 08:47 AM
xlolx

So, in your infinite wisdom, you think "slight rain and snow" has no effect on offenses? Laughable.

Yep, NDSU must he horse**it because they only had 15 yards passing last Saturday....yep, that "runaway train" is just a paper tiger like SDSU was....xrolleyesx

I respect teams that are good and it doesn't matter where they are located.

Like I said, we'll see how the juggernaut of Monmouth does on Saturday.....

No I think the #1 defense in the FCS did, but since it’s not an MVFC team that’s not possible.

ps: find a quote where I say anything against NDSU. Go ahead. It’s all the rest that ride your gravy train that are the disrespectful here.

I also didn’t say they wouldn’t get blown out. Read what I write. I said you might be surprised based on going off SOS.

TennBison
November 23rd, 2017, 08:50 AM
UNI by 30.
​In the first half.

TennBison
November 23rd, 2017, 08:53 AM

Only some might think they have a chance, but MOST ​do not.

TennBison
November 23rd, 2017, 09:03 AM
No I think the #1 defense in the FCS did, but since it’s not an MVFC team that’s not possible.

ps: find a quote where I say anything against NDSU. Go ahead. It’s all the rest that ride your gravy train that are the disrespectful here.

I also didn’t say they wouldn’t get blown out. Read what I write. I said you might be surprised based on going off SOS.
He never said that you said anything about NDSU, all he did was insert a tidbit referring to weather based on both games. Last year there were many who thought/hoped that Nova would beat SDSU (myself included) so that NDSU would not have to face SDSU again for what seems to be our yearly playoff game. Nova lost and many of its fans were blaming the weather as a factor. The mention he gave was that some JSU fans and CA fans as well didn't think that the Bison did enough in the last game (which at one point was a blizzard) to justify moving up. It was a blanket statement not aimed at you, but just in general.

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2017, 09:04 AM
Only some might think they have a chance, but MOST ​do not.

Absolutely True. I offered up an opinion based on watching them. It’s not welcome in the MVFC forums. I get it.

I’m just saying they deserve more respect than some give here. I have come to know if you don’t say the MVFC team will win by 40 what happens here. I don’t drink from the almighty MVFC punch bowl.

The CAA doesn’t play you guys enough to justify the bravado you guys have. When we do it’s not as bad as everyone thinks here.

I think Monmouth could hang with a lot of CAA teams thus I think they have a chance to hang here. They don’t so be it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2017, 09:10 AM
Absolutely True. I offered up an opinion based on watching them. It’s not welcome in the MVFC forums. I get it.

I’m just saying they deserve more respect than some give here. I have come to know if you don’t say the MVFC team will win by 40 what happens here. I don’t drink from the almighty MVFC punch bowl.

The CAA doesn’t play you guys enough to justify the bravado you guys have. When we do it’s not as bad as everyone thinks here.

I think Monmouth could hang with a lot of CAA teams thus I think they have a chance to hang here. They don’t so be it.

Well, you might get your wish some enough. JMU might see a couple of Valley teams this year. Although JMU is very good.

Next year Delaware is coming to Fargo and the NDSU returning next year.

TennBison
November 23rd, 2017, 09:11 AM

The CAA doesn’t play you guys enough to have the bravado you have. When we do it’s not as bad as everyone thinks here.

I believe it is welcome. I would honestly love to see UNI lose a game like this (another bit of ammo to rub their faces in). But as a fan of the MVFC I also want to see the teams make a push in the playoffs in order to boost the value of the MVFC. I am a native of NJ, grew up in a town called Brick, so to see Monmouth make it to the playoffs so quick is kind of cool. I remember that school when it was nothing more than a county college.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2017, 09:13 AM
He never said that you said anything about NDSU, all he did was insert a tidbit referring to weather based on both games. Last year there were many who thought/hoped that Nova would beat SDSU (myself included) so that NDSU would not have to face SDSU again for what seems to be our yearly playoff game. Nova lost and many of its fans were blaming the weather as a factor. The mention he gave was that some JSU fans and CA fans as well didn't think that the Bison did enough in the last game (which at one point was a blizzard) to justify moving up. It was a blanket statement not aimed at you, but just in general.

Ya, all I said was thinking weather was not a factor in the Vill/SDSU game was laughable just like NDSU's game last weekend.

Maybe I'm out in left field and Monmouth is this powerhouse that will come in and beat a decent UNI team. But IMO, this game will not be close.

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2017, 09:19 AM
I believe it is welcome. I would honestly love to see UNI lose a game like this (another bit of ammo to rub their faces in). But as a fan of the MVFC I also want to see the teams make a push in the playoffs in order to boost the value of the MVFC. I am a native of NJ, grew up in a town called Brick, so to see Monmouth make it to the playoffs so quick is kind of cool. I remember that school when it was nothing more than a county college.

Very familiar with Brick. Monmouth has grown dramatically from the days of a junior college. They went D1 in all sports & if you follow hoops know that they have made some waves beating some big time programs along the way.

Mucho respect for the NDSU program. Win doing it right, but to think that we aren’t playing football out here is a mistake that too many point to.

The east as you know has a phletora of FCS level schools. Most small & private. Very unlike the bigger MVFC public schools. Not all are up to snuff with MVFC standards, but those who paint us all with that brush should be careful. Monmouth isn’t in the NEC any longer. They have bigger aspirations than the Big South for their program. They are putting players into the NFL. They deserve more respect, but hey I understand they aren’t getting it here.

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2017, 09:22 AM
Ya, all I said was thinking weather was not a factor in the Vill/SDSU game was laughable just like NDSU's game last weekend.

Maybe I'm out in left field and Monmouth is this powerhouse that will come in and beat a decent UNI team. But IMO, this game will not be close.

Weather goes both ways. A team scoring 40+ is held to 10 & 7 yards rushing isn’t just 35 degree weather. We played Delaware this past week in similar weather. Scored 28 points somehow. The guys from freaking the coldest places in the country are now saying the weather is an advantage for Villanova. Now that’s funny.

Always have an excuse for not winning by 40. Smh.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2017, 09:42 AM
Weather goes both ways. A team scoring 40+ is held to 10 & 7 yards rushing isn’t just 35 degree weather. We played Delaware this past week in similar weather. Scored 28 points somehow. The guys from freaking the coldest places in the country are now saying the weather is an advantage for Villanova. Now that’s funny.

Can you even read there poindexter?

Saying weather is not a factor in that game is a joke, just like NDSU's game last weekend.

Like I said, I'll be surprised if UNI doesn't win by 3 TDs. If you want to take that as disrespect to the juggernaut that is Monmouth then so be it....xlolx

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2017, 09:52 AM
Can you even read there poindexter?

Saying weather is not a factor in that game is a joke, just like NDSU's game last weekend.

Like I said, I'll be surprised if UNI doesn't win by 3 TDs. If you want to take that as disrespect to the juggernaut that is Monmouth then so be it....xlolx

So the weather only affects negatively on the MVFC teams? You are too funny.

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2017, 10:00 AM

BTW where did I say anything about it being a factor. I quoted the weather. Both teams played in it. They beat by 3. On a sunny beautiful day they now beat Nova by 40? Laughable, but expected.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2017, 10:04 AM
BTW where did I say anything about it being a factor. I quoted the weather. Both teams played in it. They beat by 3. On a sunny beautiful day they now beat Nova by 40? Laughable, but expected.

You are either stupid or just a troll. Which one?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2017, 10:07 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26596&stc=1

Gangtackle: You forgot your hat.....xlolx

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2017, 10:07 AM
You are either stupid or just a troll. Which one?

Typical brow beating response. A loser rooting for a great team. A parasite for sure.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2017, 10:08 AM
Typical brow beating response. A loser rooting for a great team. A parasite for sure.

Which one are you?

Troll or dumbass?

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2017, 10:11 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26596&stc=1

Gangtackle: You forgot your hat.....xlolx

Typical response. Deflect any view other than the ones handing out the punch.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2017, 10:14 AM
Typical response. Deflect any view other than the ones handing out the punch.

That picture sums up your summation of responses to many threads on here. I'm just one guy responding to your drivel....xlolx

Keep going genius. I would love to hear your dissertation on how weather didn't affect NDSU's game last weekend. Good example for you.

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2017, 10:24 AM
That picture sums up your summation of responses to many threads on here. I'm just one guy responding to your drivel....xlolx

Keep going genius. I would love to hear your dissertation on how weather didn't affect NDSU's game last weekend. Good example for you.

WOW. A revelation 90% of the posts here are from MVFC fans. I didn’t watch your game so I can’t comment.

To not think that Villanova Defense did not have more to do with that low score than the weather is a MVFC homer view. Can’t change that. JMU coach said Villanova Defense was the most physical defense they faced all season & prepared them for their title run. Don’t expect you to buy into it.

I dont expect Monmouth to win. Never wrote that. God forbid you say a team outside the MVFC is better than you think.

Im gone. Happy Thanksgiving. (It’s the right thing to say, but I hesitated truthfully)

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2017, 10:24 AM

exactly !

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2017, 10:30 AM
WOW. A revelation 90% of the posts here are from MVFC fans. I didn’t watch your game so I can’t comment.

To not think that Villanova Defense did not have more to do with that low score than the weather is a MVFC homer view. Can’t change that. JMU coach said Villanova Defense was the most physical defense they faced all season & prepared them for their title run. Don’t expect you to buy into it.

I dont expect Monmouth to win. Never wrote that. God forbid you say a team outside the MVFC is better than you think.

Im gone. Happy Thanksgiving. (It’s the right thing to say, but I hesitated truthfully)

xlolx

I know Villanova had a good defense last year, I like teams with good defenses. But to say weather had no affect on that game is laughable. Ya, both teams played in it but it doesn't change the fact about the weather.

Bison56
November 23rd, 2017, 10:33 AM

xdeadhorsex

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2017, 10:34 AM
Anyone have a two deep for Monmouth? I couldn’t find one in a quick search.

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2017, 10:35 AM
xlolx

I know Villanova had a good defense last year, I like teams with good defenses. But to say weather had no affect on that game is laughable. Ya, both teams played in it but it doesn't change the fact about the weather.

Ok. I peeked again. So although I didn’t actually write those words it’s was implied. Fair enough. So in the game affected by weather the edge went to whom? Nova scored 26+ points ppg last season. Maybe just maybe they were affected? The most points scored on Nova last season was 28 by Pitt. So it is possible that they played a 27-24 game or in clear skies it would have been 45-10? (I think I know this answer)

Ik, Ik, dunce cap for not drinking the punch. xpeacexxpeacex

Go Hawks!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 23rd, 2017, 10:40 AM
Ok. I peeked again. So although I didn’t actually write those words it’s was implied. Fair enough. So in the game affected by weather the edge went to whom? Nova scored 26+ points ppg last season. Maybe just maybe they were affected? The most points scored on Nova last season was 28 by Pitt. So it is possible that they played a 27-24 game or in clear skies it would have been 45-10? (I think I know this answer)

Ik, Ik, dunce cap for not drinking the punch. xpeacexxpeacex

Go Hawks!!

You just made my point. Nova scored 26/game last year and SDSU was well over 30. Look at the score in that game. Yes, a good defense helped to hold down SDSU but weather also was a factor. Nova was tough and I was hoping they would win just because I'm tired of seeing SDSU in the playoffs...xnodx

Gangtackle11

here you go. Compliments of the troll:

http://monmouthhawks.com/documents/2017/11/22/MUGamenotes12UNI.pdf

Bison Fan in NW MN

Will Dunne play?

TennBison
November 23rd, 2017, 10:47 AM

SDSU does not have a power run game for the most part. The offense is built around the TE and the #1 receiver. They are a cold weather team by location but not built like the majority of cold weather teams. They are a pass first run second offense.
And then we have cold weather teams like NDSU, who take advantage of the cold weather advantage by playing in a dome.

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2017, 11:01 AM
Will Dunne play?
I’m under the impression he won’t start and that they will hold him out if things go well.

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2017, 11:04 AM
here you go. Compliments of the troll:

http://monmouthhawks.com/documents/2017/11/22/MUGamenotes12UNI.pdf

Thanks!

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2017, 12:33 PM

Looks like the one in the oven is not the only Turkey you're roasting today GT.... Happy Thanksgiving!

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2017, 01:15 PM
Looks like the one in the oven is not the only Turkey you're roasting today GT.... Happy Thanksgiving!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to caribbeanhen again.

Thanks C-Hen!! xsalutex

JSUSoutherner
November 23rd, 2017, 03:11 PM
FBGP picked Monmouth.

The Czar has spoken! xlolx

Bison56
November 23rd, 2017, 03:38 PM
FBGP picked Monmouth.

So you are the 1 viewer.

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2017, 04:27 PM
FBGP picked Monmouth.

xlolx

Woody Hayes
November 23rd, 2017, 06:17 PM

No chance Monmouth hangs in this game. Ricky Neal will break the FCS record for sacks in a game.

Panthers1995
November 23rd, 2017, 07:32 PM
Him and Davis were a joke that year. We had rotating QBs who both sucked. I think it was Davis who did a 360 spin and threw the ball up for an interception. That was the first year of ongoing QB battles that were annoying. Glad to have a clear cut started this year.
Glad to have a clear cut passing starter this year. I am assuming we will see Eli saturday correct?

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2017, 07:51 PM
Glad to have a clear cut passing starter this year. I am assuming we will see Eli saturday correct?

From the rumblings I hear, he could have gone the last two weeks if we needed him, but we didn’t. It sounds like that continues to be the plan. If what I hear is correct we feel like we can execute the game plan without him and have him ready To go for round two.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2017, 07:47 AM
FBGP picked Monmouth.

xlolx

Just like he thought there were 7-8 QBs better than Wentz in the draft....

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2017, 07:48 AM
No chance Monmouth hangs in this game. Ricky Neal will break the FCS record for sacks in a game.

Do you think Monmouth is on the same level of an Indiana State?

that type of game?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2017, 07:49 AM
SDSU does not have a power run game for the most part. The offense is built around the TE and the #1 receiver. They are a cold weather team by location but not built like the majority of cold weather teams. They are a pass first run second offense.
And then we have cold weather teams like NDSU, who take advantage of the cold weather advantage by playing in a dome.

Those two are just trolls in these threads....xnodx

Dumb and dumber....xlolx

Gangtackle11
November 24th, 2017, 09:31 AM
Those two are just trolls in these threads....xnodx

Dumb and dumber....xlolx

The thread is also about Monmouth which I know something about.

Disagree with your opinions. Say something contrary to the MVFC company Line. Get ridiculed. Very simple minded of you. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2017, 10:03 AM

I just watched some of your game with Indiana State, with no sound though. So that was your backup QB? He looked good enough to me, especially when they went away from all the dinking and dunking and they let him throw down field, but I must admit I haven't seen a decent QB for years.... also have to throw in there basing an opinion on the Indiana State game is dangerous, that QB for them has some accuracy problems or was color blind

Northern Iowa reminds me of a Stony Brook in many ways, solid but not spectacular....

#7 can cause some problems, #39 looked pretty good on D

Running game not that good but N Iowa should be able to light it up via the air

Monmouth got gashed by the Triple Option but should be able to hold up for a while, would be surprised if we see a blow out though ..... the start of the square dance might have to be postponed to at least the second half

I think Monmouth can stay in the game, but as the game drones the home team will take control

34-20

clenz
November 24th, 2017, 10:25 AM
That was the back up QB.

Our run game is dicey but we have the MVFCs leading rusher in conference play at 112 yards per game.

You didn’t even mention our best player in defense so that’s a good sign.

UNI by 24+ if the team is mentally in the game.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2017, 10:29 AM
That was the back up QB.

Our run game is dicey but we have the MVFCs leading rusher in conference play at 112 yards per game.

You didn’t even mention our best player in defense so that’s a good sign.

UNI by 24+ if the team is mentally in the game.

that would be Farley? How many son's does the coach have?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2017, 11:28 AM
UNI by 3 TDs

Gangtackle11
November 24th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Nova beats UNI today albeit hoops. xnodxxlolxxpeacex

UNI is a solid hoops team just ran out of gas.

clenz
November 24th, 2017, 12:53 PM
A 6 point game with less than 4 left. Tough to win when you aren’t getting calls so you go the full game without shooting a free throw. Also going -12 on TOs hurts.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171124/59c4267f7ad5ddef96ecc722f5a61f43.jpg

UNI is much further along than most thought they’d be right now. This is gonna be a good year for the hoops team.

Also not bad considering we start a true freshman and two true sophomores with first bench player being a freshman and second being a sophomore.

PantherRob82
November 24th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I didn’t expect anything from this team.

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2017, 01:46 PM

They only started football 25 years ago in 1993. Brick, NJ I know well. Hell they just opened a brand new Quick Chek on Rt 70 & Brick Blvd on Oct. 10th where the old steak place that became Crown Bank was. I used to work for a firm A. E. Styles in Pt. Pleasant Beach that just moved to Brick a year ago. My nephew is a junior at Monmouth.

TennBison
November 24th, 2017, 03:38 PM
They only started football 25 years ago in 1993. Brick, NJ I know well. Hell they just opened a brand new Quick Chek on Rt 70 & Brick Blvd on Oct. 10th where the old steak place that became Crown Bank was. I used to work for a firm A. E. Styles in Pt. Pleasant Beach that just moved to Brick a year ago. My nephew is a junior at Monmouth.
Not many people have even heard of Brick. I have not lived there in over 30 years, but my parents just moved from Brick to Columbus NJ last summer. That whole are of NJ (Brick) has changed a ton since I was there. There use to be lots of wooded areas, now it is mostly wall to wall houses and businesses. But the town is big on football, or was when I played. I am amazed with all the talent that is in NJ that you don't see them show up much in the bigger college programs. rutgers is a disaster almost year in and year out. And all the other colleges in the state are small, so maybe over time Monmouth will have a chance to develope into a powerhouse.

Gangtackle11
November 24th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Not many people have even heard of Brick. I have not lived there in over 30 years, but my parents just moved from Brick to Columbus NJ last summer. That whole are of NJ (Brick) has changed a ton since I was there. There use to be lots of wooded areas, now it is mostly wall to wall houses and businesses. But the town is big on football, or was when I played. I am amazed with all the talent that is in NJ that you don't see them show up much in the bigger college programs. rutgers is a disaster almost year in and year out. And all the other colleges in the state are small, so maybe over time Monmouth will have a chance to develope into a powerhouse.

Warren Wolf was a legendary HS coach of the Brick Dragons. They are still very good, but the addition of another HS has diluted the talent over time. Jersey Shore HS football is solid and Monmouth recruits well there. They have upped schollies from 40 in NEC days to 63. They have renovated their stadium, but didn’t add enough seats to make a big difference. Monmouth has had Kevin Callahan as their coach for the 25 years they have had football.

Panthers1995
November 24th, 2017, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I didn’t expect anything from this team.
Rob, Do you know what the situation is with Elijah Campbell tomorrow? He got thrown out in the second half so I would assume he has to miss the first half.

clenz
November 24th, 2017, 06:13 PM
Nope. That’s only for targeting.

Unsportsmanlikes don’t carry a suspension.

Pards Rule
November 24th, 2017, 06:21 PM

Yeah, it is almost built out now. i know Columbus too. Great Italian restaurant in the shopping center there with the Dunkin Donuts out front.

Panthers1995
November 24th, 2017, 06:54 PM

That is great for the panthers. Elijah would have been a huge loss.

TennBison
November 24th, 2017, 08:05 PM

So you are saying he was thrown out for a unsportsmanlike penalty. I have never seen anyone thrown out for that. What did he do?

clenz
November 24th, 2017, 08:43 PM
So you are saying he was thrown out for a unsportsmanlike penalty. I have never seen anyone thrown out for that. What did he do?

You get 2 per game before getting tossed. He got them in back to back plays. The final 2 plays of the third quarter. When he shouldn’t have been in the game anyway.

Indiana State started getting chippy and he decided to retaliate with about 10 times the effort required. Some extra pushing. Definitely some words said. After his first one the refs were definitely looking for the second, especially given how the game was trending.

WIU WR Jaelon Acklin was also tossed from WIUs game against Indiana State when it was out of hand in the second half for fighting/unsportsmanlike. He played the next week. Noticing a trend for Indiana State instigating when getting blown out.

Also, when trying to track down Acklins ejection I found a Missouri State player ejected vs WIU for back to back unsportsmanlike calls.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171125/438fa5d9511bf766d683d784372d79d5.jpg

Gangtackle11
November 25th, 2017, 05:45 AM
Monmouth hangs in for awhile, but in the end it’s UNI.

42-31 UNI.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Monmouth hangs in for awhile, but in the end it’s UNI.

42-31 UNI.

I hope the Hawks can play as gutsy as that pick GT....

Just a comment on all the Brick, NJ talk, I had to google it to see where it was but once the map popped up it was a location that I have driven through and stopped to eat a few times over the past few years, Asbury Park (Bruce and the Rock bar), Point Pleasant, Manasquan (the great white?) Seaside Heights (boardwalk guido's) .... just didn't realize it was Brick..... liked the area but kept thinking about the taxpayers....

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2017, 08:53 AM
7 years to the day that Lehigh beat us...showed up in my Facebook memories.

Panthers1995
November 25th, 2017, 09:09 AM
You get 2 per game before getting tossed. He got them in back to back plays. The final 2 plays of the third quarter. When he shouldn’t have been in the game anyway.

Indiana State started getting chippy and he decided to retaliate with about 10 times the effort required. Some extra pushing. Definitely some words said. After his first one the refs were definitely looking for the second, especially given how the game was trending.

WIU WR Jaelon Acklin was also tossed from WIUs game against Indiana State when it was out of hand in the second half for fighting/unsportsmanlike. He played the next week. Noticing a trend for Indiana State instigating when getting blown out.

Also, when trying to track down Acklins ejection I found a Missouri State player ejected vs WIU for back to back unsportsmanlike calls.

From my seats we could just see Campbell take off into the pile and knew the second personal foul was coming. Very stupid play but Indiana State was being very chippy and Elijah should not have been in the game at all at that point.

ST_Lawson
November 25th, 2017, 09:16 AM

Yeah, Acklin was ejected because he was pulled off a pile pretty roughly by an INSU guy (he was ejected too) and his temper got the better of him and he retaliated. Immediately was mad at himself for giving into it because it seemed like the Indiana state guys were kinda doing that stuff all game. Trying to get guys to react and get penalized or thrown out.

JayJ79
November 25th, 2017, 09:23 AM
Yeah, Acklin was ejected because he was pulled off a pile pretty roughly by an INSU guy (he was ejected too) and his temper got the better of him and he retaliated. Immediately was mad at himself for giving into it because it seemed like the Indiana state guys were kinda doing that stuff all game. Trying to get guys to react and get penalized or thrown out.

I suppose when you have the type of season that the Sycamores had, you develop some odd hobbies to pass the time.

Gangtackle11
November 25th, 2017, 09:48 AM
I hope the Hawks can play as gutsy as that pick GT....

Just a comment on all the Brick, NJ talk, I had to google it to see where it was but once the map popped up it was a location that I have driven through and stopped to eat a few times over the past few years, Asbury Park (Bruce and the Rock bar), Point Pleasant, Manasquan (the great white?) Seaside Heights (boardwalk guido's) .... just didn't realize it was Brick..... liked the area but kept thinking about the taxpayers....

Picking score is irrelevant. I think Monmouth isn’t a pushover. I’ve been wrong before. I have UNI winning.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Picking score is irrelevant. I think Monmouth isn’t a pushover. I’ve been wrong before. I have UNI winning.

true! scores are really just scores, winning matters

clenz
November 25th, 2017, 09:55 AM
From my seats we could just see Campbell take off into the pile and knew the second personal foul was coming. Very stupid play but Indiana State was being very chippy and Elijah should not have been in the game at all at that point.

Agreed. You could see Indiana State just goading UNI at that point and our DBs aren’t composed enough to avoid playing into it. Never have been. Year after year we have the single most undisciplined defensive backfield in the country.

I didn’t see the acklin ejection but it sounds very similar to the UNI situation with them. After the play was over. Around the pile. The first one was an off setting unsportsmanlike. It was the same two on the second one, and ISUB was definitely instigating, but Campbell went in at about 100 mph and it was a no brainer of a call. 100% right call by the official but UNI was up 34-3 and it was the final 10 seconds of the third quarter when both happened. Shouldn’t have been in the game.

Stupid all around.

MR. CHICKEN
November 25th, 2017, 09:57 AM

.....LEST...YER ENTERED IN DUH PICK 'UM......xrulesx......AWK!

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 04:01 PM
time to play!!

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 04:04 PM
its on

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 04:04 PM
UNI by a lot!xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Let me guess....another spread/read option team?

- - - Updated - - -

UNI picks off a terrible pass!!

igo4uni
picked off

cx500d
Interception, UNI

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 04:10 PM
Nice run by Weymiller

- - - Updated - - -

TD UNI...nice pass

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 04:11 PM
touchdown uni

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 04:11 PM
Nice...

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 04:14 PM
time for another pick

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 04:20 PM
monmouth helping us by dropping lots of passes. thank you

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Farley was in on offense for that 3rd down play but did not get the carry.

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 04:28 PM
i smell another td.

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 04:30 PM
farley with a td reception!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 04:30 PM
What a catch by Farley...xthumbsupx

Bisonator
November 25th, 2017, 04:31 PM
What a catch by Farley...xthumbsupx
Not just a great linebacker. What a catch!

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 04:33 PM
So is Farley Mike Vrabel or JJ Watt or?

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 04:35 PM
So is Farley Mike Vrabel or JJ Watt or?

yes

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Dunne looking good.

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Farley in on offense again for 3rd down.

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 04:46 PM
21-0 early in 2nd.

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Blow out anyone?

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Blow out anyone?

not over yet, but Monmouth looks a little lost.

mmiller_34
November 25th, 2017, 04:49 PM
I am not a fan of UNI's new turf.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 04:49 PM
21-0......Where is gangtackle now??

xrolleyesx

- - - Updated - - -

xlolx

INT #2 for UNI

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 04:50 PM
Ouch....

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 04:51 PM
I am not a fan of UNI's new turf.

check out state of iowa in the middle of the field.

NDSUtk
Well, UNI's starters should be well rested for next week's game against SDSU...

Reign of Terrier
Winning 9 games isn't something to sneeze at but I think Monmouth should have stuck to the Patriot

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 04:52 PM
And everyone though UNH was the most undeserving at large? Why didn't Coach Roco and UD fans make a stink about their selection?

I called this a long time ago, Monmouth didn't deserve an at-large bid, period. They hadn't had a quality win all season. UNH certainly didn't have a great resume, but they had 2 better wins than Monmouth.

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 04:53 PM
24-0

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 04:53 PM
Winning 9 games isn't something to sneeze at but I think Monmouth should have to stuck to the Patriot

Maybe Monmouth should have taken Lehigh's spot at SBU ;)

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 04:54 PM
Hindsight is 20-20. Next year I wouldn't buy the argument that Monmouth deserves to be in at-large. This year I was open to it, but thought the manner in which they lost to KSU warranted being left out.

Next year, if something similar happens, there's no excuse to keep them in.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 04:55 PM
And everyone though UNH was the most undeserving at large? Why didn't Coach Roco and UD fans make a stink about their selection?

I called this a long time ago, Monmouth didn't deserve an at-large bid, period. They hadn't had a quality win all season. UNH certainly didn't have a great resume, but they had 2 better wins than Monmouth.

I thought all east coast teams are awesome.....xchinscratchx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Hindsight is 20-20. Next year I wouldn't buy the argument that Monmouth deserves to be in at-large. This year I was open to it, but thought the manner in which they lost to KSU warranted being left out.

Next year, if something similar happens, there's no excuse to keep them in.

Will you give us all a dissertation on this when it happens??

xscanx

CommishBigSmooth
November 25th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Jesus, Monmouth is terrible.

NDSUtk
November 25th, 2017, 04:57 PM

xscanx

LOL!! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bison Fan in NW MN again.

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 04:57 PM

xscanx

I'm sorry you're illiterate and more than a paragraph is hard reading for you

katss07
November 25th, 2017, 04:58 PM
Monmouth is bad

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry you're illiterate and more than a paragraph is hard reading for you

Just a suggestion when you do.....give us the short version....OK!

xnodx

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Jesus, Monmouth is terrible.

Yes and it was "hidden" by a 4-0 record vs. the Patriot League.

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 05:03 PM
my espn 3 just went down!!!xconfusedx

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 05:04 PM
mines working fine....must be your isp

CommishBigSmooth
November 25th, 2017, 05:09 PM
my espn 3 just went down!!!xconfusedx

It probably shuts down automatically in response to bad football.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 05:10 PM
27-0 UNI....Gangtackle??......xcoffeex.....xchinscratch x

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 05:11 PM
mines working fine....must be your isp

damn earthlink!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 05:13 PM
Yes and it was "hidden" by a 4-0 record vs. the Patriot League.

Still better than CCSU's and UNH's 0-1 records against the PL :D

The FCS playoffs are watered down. What sucks is having good teams playing this week against squads that have no business being there. It only further skews the competitive balance with 8 teams on byes. Too much hot garbage being trotted out there.....

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 05:16 PM
I'm back on espn3!! game looks about the same

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 05:18 PM
touchdown!!

NDSUtk
November 25th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Another TD for UNI...33-0 with 11 seconds left in 2nd q. Is it time to pull the starters? Or is Farley going to run them out for one more quarter?

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 05:19 PM
33-0

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 05:20 PM
33-0 UNI

xlolx

Gangtackle11
November 25th, 2017, 05:22 PM
I said 41-31 UNI. Clearly I was wrong. Monmouth wasted the NCAA Travel budget here.

Go ahead crush me. I deserve it.

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 05:24 PM
I said 41-31 UNI. Clearly I was wrong. Monmouth wasted the NCAA Travel budget here.

I'm sure those New Jersey kids appreciated the natural beauty of Iowa this time of year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 05:25 PM

Busting your ba**s.

Turnovers will kill any team....NDSU had 5 in their loss....:(....xmadx

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Still better than CCSU's and UNH's 0-1 records against the PL :D

The FCS playoffs are watered down. What sucks is having good teams playing this week against squads that have no business being there. It only further skews the competitive balance with 8 teams on byes. Too much hot garbage being trotted out there.....

I'll take a 14-0 loss with a backup QB any day, if the other option is 64-21 loss at full strength.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of UNH, Lehigh did much more to embarrass themselves and the Patriot League than what CCSU did today with the suspension.

2017: UNH 14, CCSU 0 // SBU 59, Lehigh 29
2016: 'Nova 31, SFU 21 // UNH 64, Lehigh 21

NEC teams have lost by a total of 24 points in the last 2 seasons vs. CAA playoff teams.
Lehigh has lost by a total of 73 points in the last 2 seasons vs. CAA playoff teams.

Lehigh'98
November 25th, 2017, 05:29 PM
I'll take a 14-0 loss with a backup QB any day, if the other option is 64-21 loss at full strength.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of UNH, Lehigh did much more to embarrass themselves and the Patriot League than what CCSU did today with the suspension.

NEC teams have lost by a total of 24 points in the last 2 seasons vs. CAA playoff teams.
Lehigh has lost by a total of 73 points in the last 2 seasons vs. CAA playoff teams.

Loss is a loss. If you believe in good losses, that's on you

Gangtackle11
November 25th, 2017, 05:29 PM
Busting your ba**s.

Turnovers will kill any team....NDSU had 5 in their loss....:(....xmadx

Its fine. I don’t bruise like a peach. xpeacex

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 05:35 PM

Last year was obviously a disappointment and was a shocking loss. But playing at UNH without your starting QB isn't easy :D. Lehigh was 5-6 this year and got what was coming to them with an embarrassingly bad defense.

CCSU lost 59-0 to YSU this year and narrowly to Fordham. You're not ready for the prime time either....

Both leagues need to step up their game. There's been plenty of discussion regarding the Patriot League and Lehigh's performances. Lehigh fans are not happy!! Hopefully Lehigh fires some coaches tomorrow. That would send the message that participation trophies aren't good enough.

MUHAWKS
November 25th, 2017, 05:36 PM
well- we aint even close to being on this level yet-- No excuses, we just are not in the same hemisphere-- Love my boys and my school but reality is we took a step but need a few more to play with these types of teams... That Dunne kid fires a nice ball. Best to UNI the rest of the way, learning experience for us- Hoping we at least play hard in the 2h and show some pride. Ugh, when reality hits you, its tough pill but without seeing it first hand, you really cannot believe it-- All the best to all guys with teams still alive and hoping everyone stays safe both here and the dudes on the field. Peace.

clenz
November 25th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Monmouth against Missouri State or SIU might be a pretty decent game.

I think they are better than Indiana State.....think

I would still put money on MSU or SIU but it’d be a decent game.

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 06:00 PM
threatening again

clenz
November 25th, 2017, 06:09 PM
UNI has been in full get game over mode since early in the second quarter or this game could be 60+ to 0 right now.

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 06:11 PM
UNI has been in full get game over mode since early in the second quarter or this game could be 60+ to 0 right now.

i started watching other games.

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2017, 06:13 PM
https://youtu.be/hPKZSyz4QoI

ouch

McNeese72
November 25th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Yep, Monmouth really belongs in the playoffs. ;)

Doc

aceinthehole
November 25th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Loss is a loss. If you believe in good losses, that's on you

It is when you have a chance to win in the 4th quarter. CCSU was in the game the entire time until the very end. It was a 1-scire game for 58 minutes.

Lehigh and Monmouth were never in the game at any point, period. That's a huge difference and if you believe that Lehigh's loss is the same as Central's, well then that's on you.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Rematch for UNI and SDSU.

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 06:32 PM
monmouth scores

clenz
November 25th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Well. Game officially is a massive let down.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Early weather forecast in Brookings is 43, low of 30 and no rain. 15 mph wind.

igo4uni
November 25th, 2017, 06:44 PM

balmy

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 06:45 PM
I don't think SDSU is looking forward to UNI

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 06:47 PM
I don't think SDSU is looking forward to UNI

If the wind gets up into the 20s with gusts higher....xchinscratchx.....that will make it interesting....

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2017, 06:52 PM
Every year in the MVFC, there's NDSU, SDSU (who is inevitably eliminated by NDSU, but likely not this year) and one random team that goes on a run.

I think UNI may be that one random team

cx500d
November 25th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Every year in the MVFC, there's NDSU, SDSU (who is inevitably eliminated by NDSU, but likely not this year) and one random team that goes on a run.

I think UNI may be that one random team

You may be right about UNI. It is in fact, highly unlikely SDSU is eliminated by NDSU this year given they are on opposite sides of the bracket; if they are, stand by for MVFC homerism

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2017, 06:59 PM
At the end of the day the Big South went 1-1 against the MVFC and SoCon. Could be worse. Overall, the Big South has actually faired pretty well in the playoffs. At least in the first round...

neverobeyed
November 25th, 2017, 07:24 PM

Shirt-sleeve weather.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Shirt-sleeve weather.

short.....yes, looks like a nice day....:D

Birdman_
November 25th, 2017, 07:42 PM
Really surprised the game was this lopsided. Monmouth's schedule wasn't great, but definitely thought their offense would be able to show up even if their defense couldn't. Impressive showing by UNI.

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2017, 08:06 PM
At the end of the day the Big South went 1-1 against the MVFC and SoCon. Could be worse. Overall, the Big South has actually faired pretty well in the playoffs. At least in the first round...

I liked watching Kennesaw and felt bad for Monmouth.

Panthers1995
November 25th, 2017, 08:17 PM
Austin Peay and any other team that got left out has a serious argument. Monmouth did not even belong on the same field. You could tell UNI was too much for them from the second play of the game.

clenz
November 25th, 2017, 08:28 PM
I’m not kidding when I say Monmouth is on par with Indiana State or Missouri State on the very high end.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2017, 08:35 PM
I’m not kidding when I say Monmouth is on par with Indiana State or Missouri State on the very high end.

From what I saw, both ISUb and MSU would beat Monmouth.

clenz
November 25th, 2017, 08:46 PM
SIU with Straub beats them for sure. MSU is a toss up. I think Monmouth has better players than ISUB from what I saw in back to back weeks. Also much better coached than ISUB. Tough to tell though as one team was just trying to end a season where like19 starters were lost to injury and one team was in the playoffs.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2017, 12:35 AM
Do you think Monmouth is on the same level of an Indiana State?

that type of game?

yes