PDA

View Full Version : YSU--Post Mortem

Paladin1aa
November 19th, 2017, 11:39 AM
YSU, despite having a decent team , faded as I predicted they would. My preseason projection had them coming in at 7-4, which probably made the playoffs, but I also said if they had injuries, they would finish 6-5. That is exactly what happened. No depth left them vulnerable and losing the QB, DE, multiple OL and various other injuries sealed the deal. I also said this was a transitional year as Wolfs last class graduates and save for Wiggins, all next year are Bozo recruits.

And that's a problem. With the QBs that graduate now, the cupboard is bare next year. Even the incoming Cleveland recruit is a stretch. The Top 3 TEs graduates. Both OTs with no depth behind them and virtually none behind the other starters. All the starting WRs are gone. Add in a LB, DBs and some DL and you got some serious issues next year. As I have been warning for some time, we may have another Heacock era coming on except there was a coach who hated recruiting! while Bozo just isn't very good at it, save for his handful of transfers and Jucos. He has missed recruiting good athletes and passed on making Florida a target to cover for the scraps he is left with after Ohio, which is a heavily recruited state, leaves him with little more than players with limited abilities but high football IQs he said he prefers. Of course, that is not serving him well as he loses the last of Wolfs recruits and is now left with his own, most of whom are not competitive in the MVFC.

Ill lb be predicting next year after recruiting is over and final transfers and Jucos are in, but it would have to be a large number coming in to make up for the holes and low level players here now. Maybe we need more rapists. Steubenville is still in the playoffs.

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 11:42 AM
They can always hope for some early paroles

Paladin1aa
November 19th, 2017, 12:14 PM
YSU fans will hear a lot about Jayden Cunningham, QB at University School n Cleveland. However despite throwing for over 2300 yds and running for over 1300 yds , which combined for 34 TDs, he is better suited to play DB or WR. And he has been " inflated", whereas he is 6', 165, he lists 6'2, 185. This is a position they seriously need to add a couple of Jucos or transfers. To say they are desparate for QBs understates the problem.

Twentysix
November 19th, 2017, 03:01 PM
I will always pull for conference mates in the playoffs and to get into the playoffs, but **** bo pelini and enjoy the just desserts.

(Nothing against ysu or it's fans)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Paladin1aa
November 19th, 2017, 07:40 PM
So far, the only smart move made is to get a commit from the Hudson kicker as the local Mooney star has become a head case and proven unreliable. Unfortunately the recruiting of "local" stars has proven to be a waste of time as many have limited abilities for this level or are true D-2 athletes. Bozo is racking up an alarming number of substandard local players. So much for wasting schollies to mollify politically motivated local idiots.

igo4uni
November 19th, 2017, 09:56 PM
I will always pull for conference mates in the playoffs and to get into the playoffs, but **** bo pelini and enjoy the just desserts.

(Nothing against ysu or it's fans)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Yeah....I'm not a big Bo fan either.

ytownchief22
November 19th, 2017, 10:04 PM
Need to find a transfer QB because the ones on this roster for next year will not get the job done. Mays is just not a QB you can rely on to win games. Need to find a new offensive coordinator as well. Lots of YSU fans with rose tinted glasses see lots of points vs Valpo and Butler but his offense craps the bed vs solid defenses when he's forced to make adjustments. Bo will get some FBS transfers and they have a few young athletes ready to make an impact but if they don't fix the QB situation, it's another year without playoffs sadly.

Paladin1aa
November 20th, 2017, 08:43 AM
I predicted when they recruited Mays that they wasted a schollie and that if he played it would prove they had nothing on the roster at QB. Presto ! Another easy one.

But it's not just QBs. There is a wholesale lack of talent under the exiting Wolf seniors. This is going to be displayed for all to see shortly.

semobison
November 20th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Well, maybe YSU should move to the OVC. Chances are they would be 10-1 and 3rd seed!

Paladin1aa
November 20th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Or Pioneer or NEC, lol. Much closer, much easier.

It is a shame that the playoffs are a sham and weak teams are allowed in. The auto bid is crap. Doesn't make it right for a true tournament.

But, where YSU is going to be next year talent wise, not sure it makes much difference.

OVC ? You may be on to something, lol

Bison56
November 20th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Well, maybe YSU should move to the OVC. Chances are they would be 10-1 and 3rd seed!

xpopcornx

ysubigred
November 21st, 2017, 07:39 AM

It is a shame that the playoffs are a sham and weak teams are allowed in. The auto bid is crap. Doesn't make it right for a true tournament.

But, where YSU is going to be next year talent wise, not sure it makes much difference.

Been there done that.^^

"IF" YSU can get the QB situation under control next years team will be much better. Getting Chapman back at TB will help. The Defense will be a year older. The big loss was Wright at LB.

The MVFC is where YSU belongs. Geographically sucks but this conference has made YSU better. YSU has no one to blame for the playoff woes but themselves. Since YSU has joined the league, 1 NC and 2 runners up! Not bad compared to UNI the choke artists of the league. UNI's been in the MVFC 4ever and don't even have those credentials xsmiley_wix

It would be nice to be in a conference where all sports are inclusive like the OVC xrolleyesx It would help to build rivalries.

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2017, 07:40 AM
xcoffeex

ysubigred
November 21st, 2017, 07:43 AM
xpopcornx

Your avatar http://www.anygivensaturday.com/customavatars/avatar39518_3.gif is the face I made when I read (Well, maybe YSU should move to the OVC. Chances are they would be 10-1 and 3rd seed)! xlolx

Hammerhead
November 21st, 2017, 08:20 AM
I'm sure fans of other sports say the same thing for autobids in every NCAA tournament where the 5th team in a power conference is better than those teams that have conference championships in what look like high school gyms.

Paladin1aa
November 21st, 2017, 09:41 AM
Sorry, Red, but they won't be any good next year. There is no "IF". QB, while a major problem isn't the only snafu. Bozo has recruited poorly and the OL is in tatters. This will become readily apparent soon. They also lose everyone of the starting WRs. The backups are poor. See the local star the fans deem great because his brother starts and plays for Mich. St. Will be a senior and may finally start, yet has little talent. The top 3 TEs graduates. What is behind them is abysmal. You like blocking and a strong run game ? LOL, you are killing me.

Your beloved D also has holes. They won't have as many as the O, but they will be forced to play often and in poor field positions with an ineffective O . I'm hearing the off season may not be kind either. Attrition may be real surprising.

ysubigred
November 21st, 2017, 02:38 PM
Sorry, Red, but they won't be any good next year. There is no "IF". QB, while a major problem isn't the only snafu. Bozo has recruited poorly and the OL is in tatters. This will become readily apparent soon. They also lose everyone of the starting WRs. The backups are poor. See the local star the fans deem great because his brother starts and plays for Mich. St. Will be a senior and may finally start, yet has little talent. The top 3 TEs graduates. What is behind them is abysmal. You like blocking and a strong run game ? LOL, you are killing me.

Your beloved D also has holes. They won't have as many as the O, but they will be forced to play often and in poor field positions with an ineffective O . I'm hearing the off season may not be kind either. Attrition may be real surprising.

Well, I hope I'm right and you're wrong. Only time will tell.. I'd like to see a shake up in the coaching staff especially Montgomery.

Have a great off season pally xthumbsupx

ysubigred
November 21st, 2017, 02:40 PM
xcoffeex

The OVC is something to behold,, especially when Austin Pee is a power house in it xsmiley_wix

Paladin1aa
November 21st, 2017, 04:16 PM
Thanks, Red. Enjoy your off season too. I'd tell you to stay off the sauce, but I know better,lol.

i don't expect Bozo to change the staff. I won't be surprised to see some leave because......, how do I phrase this...... Bozo is a prick to work for. Monty is staying for the retirement he is roiling up at Ohio colleges, Bozos brother can't get a job anywhere else, and Stoops is home unless he want to join brothers staff at Kentucky or brother Bob takes another gig after leaving the Oklahoma job.

Coaching really isn't the problem except for Bozos temper and personality. Recruiting is.