BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 10:16 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPAfb_3U8AAQPkK.jpg:large

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2017, 10:17 AM
This is about as bad of a bracket you'd expect for Wofford, but we will persist

katss07
November 19th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Strong bubble and this is what they come up with? Okay... Nicholls?!? Monmouth?!?! NAU, Furman????? Wtf

Bisonator
This is about the best bracket NDSU could have hoped for, I'm shocked!:D

Schism55
NDSU didn't get the shaft! Love it!
Some serious head scratchers though for at larges xcoolx

MTfan4life
November 19th, 2017, 10:20 AM
New Hampshire, Monmouth, Nicholls, and Northern Arizona. That's terrible.

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Eastern Washington took it in the shorts. 7th toughest SOS in the nation. Schedule cupcakes I guess.

kdinva
110% Surprised Monmouth got in.......same w/EWU being out......and disagree with Furman v Elon (already played).....committee could have shuffled....switch Furman and Samford's opening game...

RabidRabbit
That is an awesome playoff matchups

POD Knows
November 19th, 2017, 10:22 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPAfb_3U8AAQPkK.jpg:large
Love the Bison side of the bracket, how the **** did Monmouth and NH get in ahead of EWU.

CappinHard
November 19th, 2017, 10:23 AM
This is about the best bracket NDSU could have hoped for, I'm shocked!:D

How in the world did they not set up a trip to Fargo for USD?!

Also, wow... USD one of the last 2 in. Yikes.

thirdgendin
November 19th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Strong bubble and this is what they come up with? Okay... Nicholls?!? Monmouth?!?! NAU, Furman????? Wtf

You were about the only person on here who had Furman out, and repeating it about 30 times in different posts didn't make it any more relevant.

GoBlueHens83
Eastern Washington took it in the shorts. 7th toughest SOS in the nation. Schedule cupcakes I guess.

Apparently having your doors blown off by Holy Cross helps.

iBOsbu
Total BS. We ranked higher than Elon and UNH and we get to face #1 JMU in 2nd round. Why is Elon playing Furman again.

Lehigh Football Nation
Monmouth and UNH got in over Delaware. Let that sink in.

PaladinFan
November 19th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Furman spent all season talking about rematches with Elon and Wofford. They’ve gotten their wish.

katss07
You were about the only person on here who had Furman out, and repeating it about 30 times in different posts didn't make it any more relevant.

Sorry for stating my opinion. Hope Elon kills you guys.

BisonTru

Pleasantly surprised by this. USD is a bus trip.

POD Knows
New Hampshire, Monmouth, Nicholls, and Northern Arizona. That's terrible.Yep, none of those teams deserved to be in the field but that is good, I love the watered down field. Keep up the good work selection committee.

thirdgendin
November 19th, 2017, 10:27 AM

Thanks. Best of luck to your guys as well.

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 10:27 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPAgCtnV4AEePJN.jpg:large

GoBlueHens83
November 19th, 2017, 10:28 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPAgCtnV4AEePJN.jpg:large

At least I was right about APSU not getting in. I guess.

jmufan
November 19th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Should we be surprised that the JMU bracket is tougher than the NDSU bracket? Seems it should be the other way around given the seeds.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

woffordgrad94
We got the nightmare bracket that I feared. Obviously the committee does not care about avoiding early rematches like they have said. Furman-Elon is a REMATCH. And Wofford-Furman would be a REMATCH. It is likely Furman beats Elon. It is hard to beat a good team twice. Then they probably knock us out. Just as with Elon, it will be very hard for us to beat them a second time as well. And even if we do get past the ones clad in those ugly purple uniforms there is NO WAY I see us winning in Fargo. We might as well play Alabama; we’d have just as good of a shot. I know that sounds bad but it’s my honest opinion and I don’t feel like mincing any words. That dome is like hell on earth. I’d rather go to JMU than that place. Bite me, playoff committee. I KNEW you would do this crap to us. I just have no faith in this world anymore. Disappointment Sunday.

katss07
Damn, wish Austin Peay would have gotten in. Heartbreaking for the Govs. They will be back. Can’t believe Nicholls is in over McNeese. Cowboys got hosed. Should be in. Kats have to face one of the last teams in.

UNH AD maybe kept Delaware out. Sorry Hen fans. Had to get it done yesterday. Stunned EWU isn’t here.

IBleedYellow
This is the best playoffs draw NDSU has had since we started playing FCS.

Wow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mango433
November 19th, 2017, 10:30 AM
How in the world did USD not get sent through Fargo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaladinFan

Probably won’t, but the only people that didn’t seem to think Furman was in the field were posters on this forum that were fans of other conferences.

IBleedYellow
Should we be surprised that the JMU bracket is tougher than the NDSU bracket? Seems it should be the other way around given the seeds.

Sent from my SM-G935P using TapatalkOh how you forget history.

NDSU has had some of our toughest draws as the #1 seed vs lower seeds.

ASU33
November 19th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Let the games begin! xnodx

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 10:33 AM

Wow.

No Bison fan is allowed to bitch about another team getting the easy side of the braket.

Redbird 4th & short
November 19th, 2017, 10:33 AM
New Hampshire, Monmouth, Nicholls, and Northern Arizona. That's terrible.

Nicholls St and Monmouth are the worst picks, period. NAU payed a tough SOS going 7-4, so not questioning that pick ... and just because they beat my Redbirds.

UNH is also a bad pick - they had much easier schedule than many other 7-4 teams, and 6-5 teams ... time to kick their way to influential AD off the committee .. they get way too much love some years. This must be looked at harder.

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
November 19th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Can't really complain much from a Seawolves perspectives, we get to play our 1st round game at home against the regular season's weakest team. If we wanted a seed we should have finished off Delaware. But if I was James Madison I'd be angrier than when the British burned down his white house.

TheRealJacks
NAU is in. I'll take it

woffordgrad94

Wow.

Yeah, you guys are jizzing in your pants I’m sure. The playoff committee always takes care of NDSU though.

Professor Chaos
Nicholls and UNH should be thanking their lucky stars.

IBleedYellow
November 19th, 2017, 10:36 AM
No Bison fan is allowed to bitch about another team getting the easy side of the braket.This is the first time in seven years it's been like this.

Damn right I can complain.

PaladinFan
Yeah, you guys are jizzing in your pants I’m sure. The playoff committee always takes care of NDSU though.

I mean, who really wants to potentially see Wofford in the postseason?

IBleedYellow
Yeah, you guys are jizzing in your pants I’m sure. The playoff committee always takes care of NDSU though.Go look at history of our draws. Not so much.

FargoBison
November 19th, 2017, 10:37 AM
Pleasantly surprised by this. USD is a bus trip.

Well Nicholls is a bus trip SHSU.

93henfan
As much as I gave them a hard time in polls, the team that really got hosed was Eastern Washington. They lost to FBS Texas Tech, #2 seed North Dakota State, and the two best teams in their conference.

They won every game they were supposed to. Finished third in their conference. Beat three decent teams behind them on their schedule (Sac, MT, Mt St who had conference records of 6-2, 5-3, 5-3 respectively).

Makes me feel better about Delaware missing out. xlolx

caribbeanhen

Yep, and losing 4 in a row..... hello South Dakota

SU DOG
November 19th, 2017, 10:38 AM
I'm not too happy having to go to Kennesaw State, as the loser always seems to have an advantage. However, if we can beat them again I will be beside myself to get another shot at JSU. And YES, I know "be careful what you wish for" but I would sure like to see Samford vs JSU.

woffordgrad94
I am flat out just not excited for that second round game at Gibbs stadium. I feel an impending sense of doom. If I was on the Wofford team I’d be destroying my dorm room right now!

dbackjon
Southern Utah deserved a higher seed

IBleedYellow
November 19th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Yep, and losing 4 in a row..... hello South DakotaVery very very confused by that one.

The committee over the years has said they take teams trend into consideration as well.

Not this year?

kdinva
November 19th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Slots per conf:

Mizz. Valley- 5
CAA- 4
Big Sky - 3
SoCon - 3
Southland - 3
Big South - 2
Patriot, Pioneer, OVC, NEC - 1 ea.

woffordgrad94
November 19th, 2017, 10:40 AM
THEY do. THey just commented on what a great bracket they got...

caribbeanhen
Very very very confused by that one.

The committee over the years has said they take teams trend into consideration as well.

Not this year?

travel considerations maybe?

JSUSoutherner
I'm not too happy having to go to Kennesaw State, as the loser always seems to have an advantage. However, if we can beat them again I will be beside myself to get another shot at JSU. And YES, I know "be careful what you wish for" but I would sure like to see Samford vs JSU.
Cannon fodder. :D

I hope USD gets it together. We're going to need them to push us if we want to have any hope of beating the Bison. Prepping with Samford and Sam Houston State will end badly.

CappinHard

Nicholls will be nearly 20 point underdogs at home. The committee has to be smarter in thinking about who will win first round games.

I hate that I'm complaining, because this is what I wish they would have done with SDSU year after year. It's just crazy how good of a draw USD gets with their first time in and being the last team in.

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 10:41 AM

True, but they could have sent Western IL to Nicholls. Paired USD with Weber and swapped so NAU/San Diego to SUU and Weber St/USD to NDSU. That would create a potential 7 second round bus trips. The way they set it up creates only 6 potential second round bus trips.

Judging by how they picked the at larges though I don't think this committee thought things thru tho.

woffordgrad94
I mean, who really wants to potentially see Wofford in the postseason?
NDSU does. The just said they had a great backet! And don’t lie to me...you wanted Wofford all along and we all knew they would create that matchup.

katss07
Southern Utah deserved a higher seed

Should have been ahead of Wofford. And if I am being really honest with myself, an SHSU vs SUU game might not go our way. Thunderbirds are a very good team.

McNeese got hosed. Nicholls is so damn LUCKY.

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Nicholls will be nearly 20 point underdogs at home. The committee has to be smarter in thinking about who will win first round games.

I hate that I'm complaining, because this is what I wish they would have done with SDSU year after year. It's just crazy how good of a draw USD gets with their first time in and being the last team in.

USD in no way shape or form should have been the last team in. UNH not even being in the last two is a complete head scratcher.

IBleedYellow
November 19th, 2017, 10:44 AM
NDSU does. The just said they had a great backet! And don’t lie to me...you wanted Wofford all along and we all knew they would create that matchup.I mean.

Y'all don't have Breitenstein this year. That helps.

Mattymc727
November 19th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Why is UD such a lock over UNH? Neither should be in but they wanted that CCSU bus trip

woffordgrad94
I mean.

We’ll probably lose to Furman anyway.

woffordgrad94
Deleted

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Why is UD such a lock over UNH? Neither should be in but they wanted that CCSU bus trip

not shocked at all.... that's the issue

SU DOG
Cannon fodder. :D

I hope USD gets it together. We're going to need them to push us if we want to have any hope of beating the Bison. Prepping with Samford and Sam Houston State will end badly.

This is exactly what I mean. We, deservedly so, have NO respect from you guys. This year our team is unlike what you have stomped in the past. You ain't playing OVC fodder any more.

TheKingpin28
Hey Laker and Dewey, we going up to Fargo and hope to see the San Diego girl again if they come to Fargo? :D

Oh and, this is the first time since the Bison have been in the playoffs (outside of 13 since that was a whole nother beast) that they have finally got a decent path to Frisco.

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2017, 10:48 AM

Meanwhile, SDSU gets the five seed and gets lined up with the one team in the playoffs that beat them. WAFJ. **** the committee. Somehow SDSU is the one they get a ****ing hard on for regionalization for. **** this. ****ing horse****. Meanwhile the ****tards down south get a cakewalk. JFC

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 10:49 AM
This is exactly what I mean. We, deservedly so, have NO respect from you guys. This year our team is unlike what you have stomped in the past. You ain't playing OVC fodder any more.
Bet.

You guys should worry about how you're going to scrape by Kennesaw this time before you start thinking about us. :D

th0m
November 19th, 2017, 10:50 AM
Can't really complain much from a Seawolves perspectives, we get to play our 1st round game at home against the regular season's weakest team. If we wanted a seed we should have finished off Delaware. But if I was James Madison I'd be angrier than when the British burned down his white house.

Second CAA championship game aint so bad. Also nice that JMU will potentially play a whole group of schools it never played before in WIU/SUU/Weber/SDSU/UCA/UNI. **** typing those teams made me realize how tough that side is. Doesn't matter. May the best team win.

woffordgrad94
November 19th, 2017, 10:50 AM
If we do play NDSU then I am going to just pretend the game doesn’t even exist at all. I will completely ignore it.

FargoBison
November 19th, 2017, 10:51 AM
So JMU could play....SBU...SUU/WIU....UCA/SDSU

That is a damn tough draw. SBU and WIU were borderline seeds IMO.

th0m
November 19th, 2017, 10:51 AM
If we do play NDSU then I am going to just pretend the game doesn’t even exist at all. I will completely ignore it.

Dude any given saturday. Have some faith in your team geez.

woffordgrad94
November 19th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Meanwhile, SDSU gets the five seed and gets lined up with the one team in the playoffs that beat them. WAFJ. **** the committee. Somehow SDSU is the one they get a ****ing hard on for regionalization for. **** this. ****ing horse****. Meanwhile the ****tards down south get a cakewalk. JFC

I know how you feel. They always show favoritism though. For some reason they hate Wofford...always have.

WrenFGun
Monmouth and UNH got in over Delaware. Let that sink in.

I mean, UNH had an FBS win and a win over Elon. UD had a win over Stony Brook. Is that really that hard?

BisonTru

Common opponents:

Albany - UD won, UNH lost
Stony Brook - UD won, UNH lost
Towson - UNH won, UD lost

Add every ranking I've seen has UD over UNH.

Also add the Holy Cross embarrassment.

JSUSoutherner

You guys should go watch the NDSU/ CSU game from last year.

The Bison do have weaknesses believe it or not.

93henfan
November 19th, 2017, 10:53 AM
I mean, UNH had an FBS win and a win over Elon. UD had a win over Stony Brook. Is that really that hard?

UNH lost to Albany 15-0 yesterday. Delaware beat Albany 22-3 the week before.

But hey, if your representative on the Committee can influence your 14th consecutive playoff appearance, that's a good friend to have!

GoBlueHens83
November 19th, 2017, 10:53 AM

That win over 1 win Georgia Southern is mighty impressive.

woffordgrad94
November 19th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Dude any given saturday. Have some faith in your team geez.

I’d love to but I’ve seen us play and I’ve seen NDSU play. Trust me. It just isn’t close. We’ll be lucky to score up there at all. I’m bitterly disappointed we got lined up with them. I’ve always kind of thought that playing NDSU up in that dome was almost like travelling to play a Big 10 school like Ohio State or Michigan...and we ain’t the ‘07 App State Mountaineers.

SU DOG
November 19th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Bet.

You guys should worry about how you're going to scrape by Kennesaw this time before you start thinking about us. :D

You are right about that. However, IF we can beat the Owls, week 2 will be most interesting for this Old Dog.

th0m
November 19th, 2017, 10:55 AM
I mean, if you think youre not going to even score against them it doesnt matter which top seed youd be paired with.

WestCoastAggie
November 19th, 2017, 10:56 AM
110% Surprised Monmouth got in.......same w/EWU being out......and disagree with Furman v Elon (already played).....committee could have shuffled....switch Furman and Samford's opening game...

I am not surprised at all.

Cocky

Hard to believe they got in?

ElCid

If you think that will happen, you really didn't know what you were talking about to begin with. Go figure.

centennial
November 19th, 2017, 10:57 AM
I’d love to but I’ve seen us play and I’ve seen NDSU play. Trust me. It just isn’t close. We’ll be lucky to score up there at all. I’m bitterly disappointed we got lined up with them.
It could be close. NDSU can be inconsistent.

Cocky
November 19th, 2017, 10:58 AM

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

NDSU has a cakewalk.

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2017, 10:58 AM
That win over 1 win Georgia Southern is mighty impressive.

How many years in a row are we going to have this argument. If you beat an FBS, it's a big deal for the committee. You put quality of wins up against UD and UNH's is better.

IBleedYellow
November 19th, 2017, 10:59 AM
NDSU has a cakewalk.Still have to play the games.

Bison56
Is it Saturday yet? So jacked for the playoffs!

centennial
SHSU is probably is deep ****. SD is not a joke. Sagarin has SD winning by 8 (5 away). LOL.

Bison56
NDSU has a cakewalk.
Looks good on paper but you still have to play the games.

woffordgrad94
November 19th, 2017, 11:00 AM
I mean, if you think youre not going to even score against them it doesnt matter which top seed youd be paired with.
True. I guess I just doubt our ability to advance in the playoffs period this season no matter who we play. I just think our draw totally minimized our chances.

PaladinFan
November 19th, 2017, 11:01 AM
True. I guess I just doubt our ability to advance in the playoffs period this season no matter who we play. I just think our draw totally minimized our chances.

To be the man you gotta beat the man, I guess.

Terry2889
Dear fans of FCS football...... On behalf of the UNH fanbase, I would like to apologize for sending a completely mediocre and undeserving team to the playoffs... Again.

Mattymc727
Lol at the UD fans complaining about the GEorgia Southern win not being good and then they use their home win over Albany to prop up against UNH.

UNH has better wins
UNH has worse losses
UNH beat an FBS
UNH is a nice bus trip for CCSU

Pretty easy choice

Regardless, EWU should be in over both of them. This UNH team sucks

woffordgrad94
November 19th, 2017, 11:02 AM
NDSU has a cakewalk.
They always do

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 11:02 AM
You are right about that. However, IF we can beat the Owls, week 2 will be most interesting for this Old Dog.
Hope you come up on up!

Should be a fun game. I am really excited to be playing Samford, though. Maybe we can use this as a spark to get another home and home series going and move past whatever Captain Jack did to taint the waters.

93henfan
November 19th, 2017, 11:03 AM
I hereby propose the "Something Is Rotten In Durham" NCAA bylaw:

Any team that secures its 14th consecutive playoff bid with a 7-4 record and a final week shutout loss to Albany and a 51-26 loss to Holy Cross cannot have its AD on the selection committee the following season.

Do I have a second?

GoBlueHens83
November 19th, 2017, 11:03 AM
How many years in a row are we going to have this argument. If you beat an FBS, it's a big deal for the committee. You put quality of wins up against UD and UNH's is better.

No, they really aren't.

We also didn't get smashed by Holy Cross.

I'm not arguing for Delaware to be included either. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that UNH gets in this year while EWU sits at home.

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2017, 11:05 AM
Nicholls over McNeese seems easy; the only win either one had of any significance was McNeese losing to Nicholls. I was always surprised a McNeese State team with zero good wins would get in the field -- of course, Monmouth did, so that's a bit odd.

I'd probably have had Eastern Washington in over South Dakota and NAU, though. You don't lose three straight or 2 of 3 and get in. They got the biggest woof, IMO, and they weren't even one of the first two out!

- - - Updated - - -

No, they really aren't.

I'm not arguing for Delaware to be included either. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that UNH gets in this year while EWU sits at home.

So which of your quality wins are better than UNH's 2? Stony Brook and...? And who has Eastern beaten as good? Sac State and Montana? Neither team made the playoffs, unlike Elon.

UNHWildcat18
Nicholls and UNH should be thanking their lucky stars.

As well as NAU Monmouth, even USD should be feeling lucky as well. Tough SOS but went 1-4 in the final 5 games

Cocky
Looks good on paper but you still have to play the games.
Only issue will be having 3 off weeks before you have to play a game.

WrenFGun
November 19th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Playoff teams don't lose 15-0 to Albany and 51-26 to Holy Cross. I wouldn't have had UNH in -- but the bubble sucked. There were flaws with everyone. The FBS win ultimately made a difference.

UNH will probably scrape by CCSU and get slaughtered in round 2.

93henfan
No, they really aren't.

Bingo. The UNH AD's influence on the Committee is particularly glaring this year, and in all seriousness, his membership needs to be revoked to avoid the obvious appearance of impropriety.

Mattymc727
The UNH hate is STRONG

Mattymc727
November 19th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Look, it’s ok if you hate the right answer. Hell, even UNH fans agree that the right answer sucks. However, from a committee perspective with their stupid ass guidelines, UNH is the right choice over UD

JayMYou
November 19th, 2017, 11:11 AM
Shouldn't have left the UNH AD in charge of the computer...

http://img.over-blog-kiwi.com/1/61/97/53/20160928/ob_9ae441_vlc-2016-09-28-12-04-41-54.jpg

kalm
November 19th, 2017, 11:11 AM
EWU not even one of the first two out tells you how competent the committee is at their job. Do your ****ing job.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 11:12 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171119/e94a5f41c23481ad42f030fbb01b445e.jpg

#OccupyFargo :D

WrenFGun
I get everyone wants to get their team in instead, it's fair. There wasn't a team that was left out that had a better set of wins than UNH.

Plenty of other things [horrible losses, terrible final week, soft in-conference schedule] to keep them out ... but if you just look at that, they're the right choice.

Mattymc727
If the committee would just sees 1-16, none of this would happen

UNHWildcat18
November 19th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Dear fans of FCS football...... On behalf of the UNH fanbase, I would like to apologize for sending a completely mediocre and undeserving team to the playoffs... Again.

Terry with

- - - Updated - - -

EWU not even one of the first two out tells you how competent the committee is at their job. Do your ****ing job.

How NAU got in over you is a head scratcher

Pitz
November 19th, 2017, 11:15 AM

I can't get over this. You can argue UD vs. UNH until you're blue, but that decision at least has some reasonable argument.

There is no semi-logical argument or metric that warrants Nicholls State's inclusion over Eastern Washington.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 11:16 AM
I can't get over this. You can argue UD vs. UNH until you're blue, but that decision at least has some reasonable argument.

There is no semi-logical argument or metric that warrants Nicholls State's inclusion over Eastern Washington.
$$$$

Cocky
November 19th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Terry with

- - - Updated - - -

How NAU got in over you is a head scratcher

NAU had a MVC win which seems to be the easiest way into the playoffs.

JayMYou
November 19th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Playoff teams don't lose 15-0 to Albany and 51-26 to Holy Cross. I wouldn't have had UNH in -- but the bubble sucked. There were flaws with everyone. The FBS win ultimately made a difference.

UNH will probably scrape by CCSU and get slaughtered in round 2.

At least you're trying to take an objective view, but in all fairness Georgia Southern's team isn't exactly FBS caliber this year. Just look at them getting blown out by Georgia State...

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/enhanced/webdr06/2013/9/11/13/anigif_enhanced-buzz-17362-1378920567-8.gif

McNeese75
November 19th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Losing 15-0 yesterday should have kept UNH out. McNeese not getting in is not a surprise but Nicholls and UNH getting in are BS. The Cowboys made their own bed with a stupid loss to Nicholls after pushing them all over the field and then beating a 2-9 team last night by 10 pts sealed the deal. No regrets here about no playoffs for the Pokes. The run defense is really good but a strong passing opponent would not be a good matchup with the anemic offensive output lately and some dinged up skill players.

Let the games begin and best of luck to everyone. I am pulling for anyone but the top 2 seeds :D

Gil Dobie
November 19th, 2017, 11:20 AM
You guys should go watch the NDSU/ CSU game from last year.

The Bison do have weaknesses believe it or not.

Different team this year, or even the end of last year. NDSU does have a weakness though.

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 11:21 AM

I agree....

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Different team this year, or even the end of last year. NDSU does have a weakness though.
I know it's different. I'm not advocating the CSU gameplan. Especially not with Deluca back. But I brought it up to show that teams can create mismatches despite not being as physical and large as the Bison.

youwouldno
November 19th, 2017, 11:22 AM
It didn't impact my team, but UNH's inclusion is indefensible.

Reign of Terrier
November 19th, 2017, 11:22 AM
I mean.

But we also have a decent quarterback and a passing game. This Wofford team is much different and likely better than the one that went to Fargo in 2012...but we have to get past Elon/Furman first before we can have that conversation

kalm
November 19th, 2017, 11:23 AM
I get everyone wants to get their team in instead, it's fair. There wasn't a team that was left out that had a better set of wins than UNH.

Plenty of other things [horrible losses, terrible final week, soft in-conference schedule] to keep them out ... but if you just look at that, they're the right choice.

Perhaps, but there are more factors than your two quality wins.

93henfan
November 19th, 2017, 11:24 AM
EWU beat everyone they were supposed to beat and lost to everyone they were supposed to lose to. That's the part that is puzzling on the EWU omission.

Meanwhile, UNH was shut out by Albany yesterday,

lionsrking2
November 19th, 2017, 11:25 AM
Damn, wish Austin Peay would have gotten in. Heartbreaking for the Govs. They will be back. Can’t believe Nicholls is in over McNeese. Cowboys got hosed. Should be in. Kats have to face one of the last teams in.

UNH AD maybe kept Delaware out. Sorry Hen fans. Had to get it done yesterday. Stunned EWU isn’t here.

Nicholls should have gotten in over McNeese. Head to head win, and tougher schedule. Plus close loss at Texas A&M. That said, McNeese is a lot better than New Hampshire and Monmouth.

Gil Dobie
I know it's different. I'm not advocating the CSU gameplan. Especially not with Deluca back. But I brought it up to show that teams can create mismatches despite not being as physical and large as the Bison.

Jabril Cox helps with that mismatch. Stopping an Duo-threat QB and being consistent on offense has been the weakness's this year.

centennial
The UNH hate is STRONG
As it should be. Got in again over at least 2-3 deserving teams.

Cocky
November 19th, 2017, 11:26 AM
Why is UNH catching hell while USD isnt? No one close the season out in a worse fashion than USD.

Peachy Carnahan
November 19th, 2017, 11:26 AM
This Wofford fan is ok with this draw. Like many of us, we have an understated confidence in the Terriers and look forward to going through tough teams on to our goal of NC. We will take your perceived bracketing fortune and use it to our advantage...good luck with your over confidence. Hey 94, step away for a bit...we will be fine.

Gil Dobie
November 19th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Why is UNH catching hell while USD isnt? No one close the season out in a worse fashion than USD.

Personally didn't think USD was any better a team than Missouri St. Not taking away from Missouri St, USD had a better QB that won a few more games.

UNHWildcat18
Nicholls should have gotten in over McNeese. Head to head win, and tougher schedule. Plus close loss at Texas A&M. That said, McNeese is a lot better than New Hampshire and Monmouth.

That's Hilarious McNeese took 3 quarters before pulling away from D2 Florida Tech(who isn't a very good d2 team)

93henfan

Does USD have an AD on the Committee?

Has USD miraculously made 14 consecutive playoff appearances with some fairly pedestrian seasons among them?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

JayMYou
November 19th, 2017, 11:29 AM

SDSU definitely has the most difficult path. I understand the committee not wanting to load up NDSU with MVFC teams again, but they get just one and it's the worst MVFC team buried on the other side of their bracket. I think the Jacksonville/Kennesaw winner will be their only test.

BisonTru

Third toughest SOS in the nation and finished with two seeded teams and another playoff team with two of those on the road. JSU isn't a seed if they finished the season with that schedule, IMO.

Schism55
USD beatss UNH by 20+ on a neutral field, thats why

ST_Lawson
November 19th, 2017, 11:31 AM
I like our matchup, personally. At Weber State and if we win, at the #8 seed Southern Utah. Then we'd have to head to JMU though...oof. Still, not complaining.

Also, 5 MVFC teams...spread as evenly around the bracket as possible. One quad had to have 2 MVFC teams, but otherwise (not saying it's going to happen, of course) it's theoretically possible that the Semifinals could be WIU at SDSU/UNI and USD at NDSU.

Cocky
November 19th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Third toughest SOS in the nation and finished with two seeded teams and another playoff team with two of those on the road. JSU isn't a seed if they finished the season with that schedule, IMO.
Why wouldnt we be a seat? JSU would have won most if not all of those games.

dwtime
November 19th, 2017, 11:32 AM

Apparently having 6 home games and only finishing 7-4 and 5th in the conference gets you out. Go 8-3 or beat an FBS team and you deserve to be in instead of us.

JayMYou
The only real first round game that'll give us a sense of conference strength is Weber St/Western Illinois. Kennesaw/Samford could be telling as well. Some real lopsided matches in the first round.

centennial
Does USD have an AD on the Committee?

Has USD miraculously made 14 consecutive playoff appearances with some fairly pedestrian seasons among them?

Yeah, I didn't think so.
This. I don't care about this momentum BS.
USD had SDSU on the ropes yesterday.

They had some decent wins.

Bowling Green, North Dakota, WIU, YSU, SIU.

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 11:33 AM

Doubt that. McNeese with an uninspiring win against a Div2 team, an uninspiring win against a weak SWAC team, and an uninspiring win against "dangerous" ACU, and that stinkums last night....

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 11:33 AM
Why wouldnt we be a seat? JSU would have won most if not all of those games.

We will see. You will likely end up on the road to Fargo if you keep winning. Glad you're so confident.

Cocky
November 19th, 2017, 11:34 AM

If those are decent wins, everybody has decent wins.

UNHWildcat18
November 19th, 2017, 11:34 AM

Is that a fact?

Cocky
November 19th, 2017, 11:35 AM
We will see. You will likely end up on the road to Fargo if you keep winning. Glad you're so confident.

We do know for sure how USD will perform with that schedule. NDSU was given byes to the Semis.

youwouldno
November 19th, 2017, 11:36 AM

There's a good chance they won't be making it that far.

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 11:37 AM
The only real first round game that'll give us a sense of conference strength is Weber St/Western Illinois. Kennesaw/Samford could be telling as well. Some real lopsided matches in the first round.

Holy rematch with Kennesaw and Samford; I thought the committee wasn't supposed to do rematches in the 1st round? Samford beat Kennesaw 28-23 in the first game of the season for Kennesaw's only loss. Looks like they might get jackrabbited!

Cocky
Holy rematch with Kennesaw and Samford; I thought the committee wasn't supposed to do rematches in the 1st round? Samford beat Kennesaw 28-23 in the first game of the season for Kennesaw's only loss. Looks like they might get jackrabbited!

Only conference rematches are not to happen.

WrenFGun

Nothing AGS enjoys more.

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Obviously as many have mentioned NDSU gets a nice draw with NAU and San Diego.

Another winner here, though, is Central Arkansas. New Hampshire is (IMO) the weakest at large in the bracket and CCSU is only in by auto. Either will have a long trip to Conway. Although SDSU or UNI/Monmouth could be a challenge the next round. Still they are at home until JMU.

centennial
If those are decent wins, everybody has decent wins.
WIU, YSU and Bowling Green are all better than any JSU win. And I am not ragging on JSU.

Thumper 76
SDSU definitely has the most difficult path. I understand the committee not wanting to load up NDSU with MVFC teams again, but they get just one and it's the worst MVFC team buried on the other side of their bracket. I think the Jacksonville/Kennesaw winner will be their only test.
And yet I’m the only SDSU fan who sees it. Me right now https://media.giphy.com/media/15Fsx8SP5swNi/giphy.gif

On the ropes? They were down by ten points until under two minutes left guy......

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Only conference rematches are not to happen.

Ahh. It will be interesting to see what happens in that game for comparison. I don't put too much into a first game of the season.

centennial
November 19th, 2017, 11:40 AM
And yet I’m the only SDSU fan who sees it. Me right now https://media.giphy.com/media/15Fsx8SP5swNi/giphy.gif

On the ropes? They were down by ten points until under two minutes left guy......

Look they had a close game against SDSU. Lost by 3. If SDSU is 5, then USD should be top 24.

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 11:41 AM

I think USD got some really bad calls yesterday that could have gone either way...

lionsrking2
November 19th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Doubt that. McNeese with an uninspiring win against a Div2 team, an uninspiring win against a weak SWAC team, and an uninspiring win against "dangerous" ACU, and that stinkums last night....

Flip on the tape and watch them play. I have. They couldn't score on McNeese.

Mattymc727
November 19th, 2017, 11:44 AM

Lol

And UNH beats NDSU by 20+ in Druham, NH. I can make **** up too

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 11:45 AM
There's a good chance they won't be making it that far.
And who do you expect to beat us?

centennial
November 19th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Lol

You are making **** up. SD would be heavy favorite vs UNH. We have seen both teams playing.

Cocky
November 19th, 2017, 11:46 AM
WIU, YSU and Bowling Green are all better than any JSU win. And I am not ragging on JSU.

AP, Tn St and UTM are in the same class as those excluding WIU. Even Chattanooga before their QBs all got hurt was a good team.
SIU won 4 games, ND won 3, YSU won 6 and BG has won 2.

Schism55
November 19th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Lol

You got shutout and curb stomped by a god awful 4-7 Albany team yesterday

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Flip on the tape and watch them play. I have. They couldn't score on McNeese.

Oh brother....McNeese thrives in a soft schedule. They don't compete outside of the Softland conference. Reference their last 10-0 season....

Yote 53
November 19th, 2017, 11:48 AM

Maybe the committee watched you pansies play yesterday and decided you bunch of injury faking phonies deserved the draw you got.

youwouldno
November 19th, 2017, 11:49 AM
And who do you expect to beat us?

I don't necessarily expect any particular team to do it, but I expect close games in the 2nd round and quarterfinals . . . the odds of winning both will be well under 50%.

Cocky
November 19th, 2017, 11:50 AM
I don't necessarily expect any particular team to do it, but I expect close games in the 2nd round and quarterfinals . . . the odds of winning both will be well under 50%.
I agree we didnt get the easy bracket like NDSU.

JayMYou
November 19th, 2017, 11:51 AM

I think that's why it's an interesting game, that was the first game of the season (a close one) and Kennesaw seems to have improved. But then again Samford is in a conference with similar offenses so they match up well.

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Maybe the committee watched you pansies play yesterday and decided you bunch of injury faking phonies deserved the draw you got.

The only cramps the jackrabbits were suffering from yesterday were related to that time of the month....Seriously, cramps in an indoor climate controlled game?

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2017, 11:52 AM
Look they had a close game against SDSU. Lost by 3. If SDSU is 5, then USD should be top 24.

It was a close game. I wouldn’t classify it as on the ropes. I actually have no problem with USD being in the field, I’m just pissed because I think they got one hell of an easy draw.

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 11:53 AM
I agree we didnt get the easy bracket like NDSU.

I'm certainly not going to complain about our bracket....It shades of last year, but it didn't work out at the end.

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 11:55 AM
It was a close game. I wouldn’t classify it as on the ropes. I actually have no problem with USD being in the field, I’m just pissed because I think they got one hell of an easy draw.

Agree...Softland bracket, or another run at UNI.... I think if you get past UNI/Monmouth, you are good until JMU

Mattymc727
November 19th, 2017, 11:57 AM
You are making **** up. SD would be heavy favorite vs UNH. We have seen both teams playing.

Any given Saturday my man. This isn’t a computer game. I can create all the hypothetical scores in the world. This UNH team isn’t very good but there isn’t enough proof in the world to say USD wins by 20+ in a neutral spot. Plus it has no bearing on this playoff field.

Although if it came down to it, USD should get a spot over UNH

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 11:58 AM
Some early Massey Lines:

Stony Brook - 19

Western Ill -1

Northern Iowa -22

New Hampshire -10

Samford -1

South Dakota -20

Furman -5

Northern Arizona -19

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Some early Massey Lines:

Stony Brook - 19

Western Ill -1

Northern Iowa -22

New Hampshire -10

Samford -1

South Dakota -20

Furman -5

Northern Arizona -19

That shows just how watered down the playoffs are! Those are like 2-15 seed lines in the NCAA Tournament. Imagine what the lines would be if the playoffs were seeded 1-24 without byes? JMU would and NDSU would be like 50 point favorites...lol

FargoBison
November 19th, 2017, 12:05 PM
USD isn't even one of the three worst at-larges. People whining about their trend, look around at all the other schools crapping their beds that were rewarded. If other teams had taken care of business USD would be out.

gsf23nd
November 19th, 2017, 12:08 PM
No Bison fan is allowed to bitch about another team getting the easy side of the braket.

They get an easy bracket one time in six years and that means they can't ever complain again?

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2017, 12:08 PM
Why can't the committee release their full rankings? I'm pretty sure they do a vote to determine the seeds and then the at large teams but, after the bracket has been released, I don't see the point in not releasing their full rankings. Don't they want to be "transparent". They obviously sent a message that scheduling 3 FBS games isn't a good way to make the playoffs but if we have full rankings it might be a little easier to glean more things that they didn't like about teams that are allegedly snubbed.

Cocky
November 19th, 2017, 12:10 PM
They get an easy bracket one time in six years and that means they can't ever complain again?

Last year was easy till the semis and JMU.

dwtime
November 19th, 2017, 12:11 PM

UNH lost to the #1 team in the country on their home field by 21 really should have been by 7 if you watched the game. But USD losers of 4 out of 5 and 5th in their conference are the best thing since sliced bread? Got it. UNH gets no respect on this message board, been that way for 14 years+ why change now.

UNHWildcat18
November 19th, 2017, 12:11 PM
You got shutout and curb stomped by a god awful 4-7 Albany team yesterday

Our defense held Albany to I think it was 267 yards, besides one broken 50 yard TD play our defense played great for being out there the entire game. we had a punt over the head that caused a safety so holding a team to 2 field goals besides that broken play when your offense didn't walk off the bus isn't a "curb stomp". Trust me all credit to Ualbany but we are still scratching our heads on what happened to our players yesterday on offense.

Also "god awful" Ualbany team? 7pt game vs ODU till the 4th, lost in OT to SBU(9-2) and Richmond(6-5), lost to elon by 6(8-3), maine(4-6) by two. beat Nova (5-6) and UNH (7-4) their "god awful loss is URI" thats about it.

I think you forget we also play in a high level competitive FCS conference

oldbson
November 19th, 2017, 12:12 PM

Sent from my SM-G935P using TapatalkExactly what makes the JMU bracket easier than the NDSU bracket?

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Why can't the committee release their full rankings? I'm pretty sure they do a vote to determine the seeds and then the at large teams but, after the bracket has been released, I don't see the point in not releasing their full rankings. Don't they want to be "transparent". They obviously sent a message that scheduling 3 FBS games isn't a good way to make the playoffs but if we have full rankings it might be a little easier to glean more things that they didn't like about teams that are allegedly snubbed.

I think unless you go into FBS games looking for a win instead of a "good loss," you are better off with solid OOC FCS games, especially if you are in a notoriously bad conference like the OVC or Softland. AP scheduled three middling FBS games for money and lost all three. Not a plus in my mind.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 12:13 PM
I never said that. I said this year you guys have no room to say anything about anyone else's bracket.

Schism55
November 19th, 2017, 12:15 PM
I never said that. I said this year you guys have no room to say anything about anyone else's bracket.

Point out which NDSU poster has been complaining? I'll wait....

centennial
November 19th, 2017, 12:16 PM
UNH lost to the #1 team in the country on their home field by 21 really should have been by 7 if you watched the game. But USD losers of 4 out of 5 and 5th in their conference are the best thing since sliced bread? Got it. UNH gets no respect on this message board, been that way for 14 years+ why change now.
Easy on the rhetoric.

UNH lost-
0 - 21 to JMU
0 - 15 to Albany
26 - 51 to Holy Cross (4-7) from the Patriot

That seems like a playoff team to you?

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2017, 12:16 PM
Not compared to the bottom half of the bracket where 3 of the 4 seeds lost their 2nd round (so their first) playoff game.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Point out which NDSU poster has been complaining? I'll wait....
Can you read?

I didn't say anyone was.

In the past, however, you guys have always complained about having the tough road. Hell you guys were complaining about your past brackets earlier in this thread.

Wow.

Oh how you forget history.

NDSU has had some of our toughest draws as the #1 seed vs lower seeds.

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 12:18 PM

We had to play a team that curb stomped us earlier....

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 12:21 PM
We had to play a team that curb stomped us earlier....
Didn't they win last year at the last second on a Wienke Goal line fade?

I'd hardly call that a curb stomping.

FargoBison
November 19th, 2017, 12:23 PM
We had one easy game last year...then we played a team that beat us at home and then JMU. In what world is that an easy road?

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2017, 12:24 PM

You clearly did not watch that game then. It should have been 3 scores or more for SDSU. NDSU got rekt by them.

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 12:24 PM

Look at the stats...They owned us all day long. We were lucky they let us stay in the game that long.

FargoBison
November 19th, 2017, 12:27 PM
I don't think NDSU's road this year is a cakewalk....Wofford is always a tough out. I do think UCA being #3 would have evened things out but it is what it is.

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Let's compare UNH and USD using the NCAA SRS since that is what the committee uses to determine SOS. Both Bowling Green and Georgia Southern are bad FBS teams and the SRS they release doesn't include FBS teams so I'm just going to say those two cancel out.

UNH's FCS wins
Elon (20)
Maine (49)
Towson (58)
Bryant (64)
Rhode Island (65)
William & Mary (80)

USD's FCS wins
Western Illinois (9)
Youngstown St (28)
Southern Illinois (55)
Drake (66)
North Dakota (77)
Indiana St (108)

So you can pretty safely say USD had better good wins but UNH didn't have as bad of wins (bad as in wins against lowly ranked teams).

UNH's losses
James Madison (1)
Stony Brook (11)
Albany (57)
Holy Cross (73)

USD's losses
North Dakota St (2)
South Dakota St (3)
Northern Iowa (16)
Illinois St (29)

This one's easy to see. I don't see how UNH was justified in front of USD.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 12:29 PM
You clearly did not watch that game then. It should have been 3 scores or more for SDSU. NDSU got rekt by them.

I didn't I starting following the gamecast late in the game. I was out doing stuff that day.

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 12:30 PM
I didn't I starting following the gamecast late in the game. I was out doing stuff that day.

They toyed with us all day. It really exposed how bad our D could be.

Schism55
November 19th, 2017, 12:32 PM

Can you read?

I didn't say anyone was.

In the past, however, you guys have always complained about having the tough road. Hell you guys were complaining about your past brackets earlier in this thread.
So you are just being a whiny bitch, got it xthumbsupx

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 12:33 PM

Don't know what he's complaining about....They got another chance at a 62-10 win. I can't wait for the flame wars to start on that. Hopefully the Pud comes out of exile. I don't think the JSU fans have the same street cred or ruthlessness as the JMU crowd though.

Mattymc727
November 19th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Let's compare UNH and USD using the NCAA SRS since that is what the committee uses to determine SOS. Both Bowling Green and Georgia Southern are bad FBS teams and the SRS they release doesn't include FBS teams so I'm just going to say those two cancel out.

UNH's FCS wins
Elon (20)
Maine (49)
Towson (58)
Bryant (64)
Rhode Island (65)
William & Mary (80)

USD's FCS wins
Western Illinois (9)
Youngstown St (28)
Southern Illinois (55)
Drake (66)
North Dakota (77)
Indiana St (108)

So you can pretty safely say USD had better good wins but UNH didn't have as bad of wins (bad as in wins against lowly ranked teams).

UNH's losses
James Madison (1)
Stony Brook (11)
Albany (57)
Holy Cross (73)

USD's losses
North Dakota St (2)
South Dakota St (3)
Northern Iowa (16)
Illinois St (29)

REGIONALIZATION. They wanted a home for CCSU

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2017, 12:37 PM
REGIONALIZATION. They wanted a home for CCSU
Like I said in another thread they could've bussed CCSU to Stony Brook (who's playing Lehigh) and then bussed Lehigh to Monmouth (who's getting flown to UNI). I didn't save them a dime to include UNH over someone like Eastern Washington or McNeese.

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Like I said in another thread they could've bussed CCSU to Stony Brook (who's playing Lehigh) and then bussed Lehigh to Monmouth (who's getting flown to UNI). I didn't save them a dime to include UNH over someone like Eastern Washington or McNeese.

This. There is no money saving conspiracy theory for including UNH.

The only justification I can see is "we just didn't want to end their streak."

katss07
November 19th, 2017, 12:41 PM
SHSU is probably is deep ****. SD is not a joke. Sagarin has SD winning by 8 (5 away). LOL.

Keep talking about Sagarin. We play the games for a reason. USD doesn’t have their **** together. If they come out flat, they will lose to Nicholls. And everyone knows what we did to Nicholls.

dwtime
November 19th, 2017, 12:42 PM
Easy on the rhetoric.

UNH lost-
0 - 21 to JMU
0 - 15 to Albany
26 - 51 to Holy Cross (4-7) from the Patriot

That seems like a playoff team to you?

Yup. Convenient you forgot the 'win' over Elon and the FBS win. Every year FBS wins are important, but if UNH wins an FBS game? Well then its inconsequential. Any other 'bubble' teams that didn't get in beat an FBS team? Bueller? Bueller?

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2017, 12:43 PM

It's fine. Yeah, it was not even close. By far, one of the worst games I have seen NDSU play.

cx500d
And everyone knows what we did to Nicholls.

I forgot. Was it the same as the way you manhandled Prairie View or ACU?

LU808
Total BS. We ranked higher than Elon and UNH and we get to face #1 JMU in 2nd round. Why is Elon playing Furman again.

Assuming you win....

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2017, 12:46 PM
Yup. Convenient you forgot the 'win' over Elon and the FBS win. Every year FBS wins are important, but if UNH wins an FBS game? Well then its inconsequential. Any other 'bubble' teams beat an FBS team? Bueller? Bueller?

Georgia Southern. You beat Georgia Southern. That is like someone beating Charlotte or ECU. They are all awful and would not be .500 teams in the MVFC or CAA.

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2017, 12:47 PM
I forgot. Was it the same as the way you manhandled Prairie View, NWST, or ACU?

Well ACU is dangerous, so there is always that.

semobison
November 19th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Interesting how some people don't think USD deserves to be in. Yesterday against the #5 seed they put up 583 yards of offense to SDSU's 386. They were stopped at the one on a goal line stand and that was the difference in the game. I've watched the Yotes a handfull of times this year. When their up tempo offense gets rolling it's scary. SDSU came up with a way to slow it down...leg cramps...dirty pool! Defensively USD at time struggles against the run. If their defense plays well they could win some playoff games.

katss07
I forgot. Was it the same as the way you manhandled Prairie View or ACU?
Nope. We played well when it mattered. Have Nicholls or USD done that. I don’t think so.

cx500d
Georgia Southern. You beat Georgia Southern. That is like someone beating Charlotte or ECU. They are all awful and would not be .500 teams in the MVFC or CAA.

O cmon, don't belittle GaSo. They finally won a game.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 12:50 PM

Where am I complaining?

Please direct me to that post.

Im going to help you understand what I said, read along with me:

In the past NDSU fans have complained about their bracket placement and getting tough matchups.

This year, however, NDSU has the creamiest cupcakes in the bracket.

Therefore, this year, NDSU fans shouldn't resort to pointing out how easy another teams matchups may be.

Did you get it that time? Do you want me to color code it for you?

Notice, I didn't say I saw any posters complaining about this year's bracket.

Notice, I didn't say NDSU fans are barred from complaining about future brackets should they get shafted by regionalization again in the future.

Notice, I didn't complain or act jealous of NDSU's cupcake bracket because JSU is easily in the second weakest branch of the bracket.

NOW, before you post, read what I said and if your post has nothing to do with anything I explicitly said above that means you're making up bull****, should delete what you typed, and try again.

PaladinFan
November 19th, 2017, 12:50 PM

Even Georgia Southern fans concede they would be two touchdown underdogs to most of the SoCon.

dwtime
November 19th, 2017, 12:51 PM

UNH's FCS wins
Elon (20)
Maine (49)
Towson (58)
Bryant (64)
Rhode Island (65)
William & Mary (80)

USD's FCS wins
Western Illinois (9)
Youngstown St (28)
Southern Illinois (55)
Drake (66)
North Dakota (77)
Indiana St (108)

UNH's losses
James Madison (1)
Stony Brook (11)
Albany (57)
Holy Cross (73)

USD's losses
North Dakota St (2)
South Dakota St (3)
Northern Iowa (16)
Illinois St (29)

No disagreement from me but if USD beats Nichols, which they should, they have an easier 2nd round opponent. Would you rather they play Central Arkansas?

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Well ACU is dangerous, so there is always that.

I didn't want to over do it....

Schism55
November 19th, 2017, 12:52 PM
This^ Georgia Southern very well may be the worst FBS team....which is disappointing to say. There fans must be jazzed about moving up xeyebrowx

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Where am I complaining?

Please direct me to that post.

Im going to help you understand what I said, read along with me:

In the past NDSU fans have complained about their bracket placement and getting tough matchups.

This year, however, NDSU has the creamiest cupcakes in the bracket.

Therefore, this year, NDSU fans shouldn't resort to pointing out how easy another teams matchups may be.

Did you get it that time? Do you want me to color code it for you?

Notice, I didn't say I saw any posters complaining about this year's bracket.

Notice, I didn't say NDSU fans are barred from complaining about future brackets should they get shafted by regionalization again in the future.

Notice, I didn't complain or act jealous of NDSU's cupcake bracket because JSU is easily in the second weakest branch of the bracket.

NOW, before you post, read what I said and if your post has nothing to do with anything I explicitly said above that means you're making up bull****, should delete what you typed, and try again.

62-10, who has the cupcakes?

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 12:53 PM
62-10, who has the cupcakes?
Fail.

Try again.

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2017, 12:54 PM
Even Georgia Southern fans concede they would be two touchdown underdogs to most of the SoCon.

They are awful. They ran a once great program into the ground and it will take years to rebuild this cluster**** that they have produced down there.

TheKingpin28
I didn't want to over do it....

We want to make sure people know since when they come out firing next year, people will be warned.

cx500d
Fail.

Try again.

What, we had a harder time against San Diego than you did against the Softland

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2017, 12:56 PM
No disagreement from me but if USD beats Nichols, which they should, they have an easier 2nd round opponent. Would you rather they play Central Arkansas?
I'm just kind of shouting into the wind about how highly the committee appeared to regard UNH on the bubble. I thought USD was been safely in and UNH in those "last 2 in" but the committee disagreed.

dwtime
November 19th, 2017, 12:56 PM

Once again, FBS wins have 'always' meant something but when UNH wins one? Suddenly its like they beat a D II team............

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 12:57 PM
What, we had a harder time against San Diego than you did against the Softland
How is that anywhere close to relevant?

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 12:58 PM
How is that anywhere close to relevant?

Just shows you have the cupcake side of the bracket

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Just shows you have the cupcake side of the bracket
CONGRATULATIONS. You're arguing a point that I've already made. I know we have a cupcake side. I've said that.

You can read. I bet your parents are very proud.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Once again, FBS wins have 'always' meant something but when UNH wins one? Suddenly its like they beat a D II team............

Georgia Southern is terrible. Sometimes you win FBS games because the FBS team is just THAT terrible. Fordham has a couple of those wins over Army and Temple recently. Portland State vs North Texas. UNT fired their coach right after the game in that one! UNH and Fordham were still talented FCS teams but they had the prey fall in their lap.

UNH might be the only team in cfb history who beat a team who fired their coach midseason (GSU), and lost to a team who fired their coach midseason (Holy Cross)

cx500d
CONGRATULATIONS. You're arguing a point that I've already made. I know we have a cupcake side. I've said that.

Oh sorry, not sure what we were arguing about then

dwtime
November 19th, 2017, 01:01 PM
I'm just kind of shouting into the wind about how highly the committee appeared to regard UNH on the bubble. I thought USD was been safely in and UNH in those "last 2 in" but the committee disagreed.

Again I agree, if UNH didn't get in I know there wouldn't be a single fan on here that would be crying. What I object to is fans touting FBS wins year after year but suddenly when UNH wins one and finishes with a record that puts us firmly on the bubble, suddenly the FBS win is meaningless. If that is the way you think (not you personally) then we should throw out all FBS wins/losses and all D II wins/losses and base the decision just on FCS games. If you beat Notre Dame? So what? If you lose to the Saint Mary's School of Nuns? So what?

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Oh sorry, not sure what we were arguing about then
Try reading my post. I've very clearly laid out what my posts are about.

If you have trouble, let me know. I'll highlight them for you. I can even increase the font size so they are easier to read.

Mattymc727
November 19th, 2017, 01:03 PM
My only argument was UNH having a better resume than UD. Everyone else has fair complaint about UNH being in.

Perhaps the committee wanted a 4th CAA team and chose UNH over UD?

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2017, 01:04 PM

No they haven't. You completely ignored the rest of my post about Charlotte or ECU. Hell, when the Bison beat Iowa State, they rekt them by 3 scores and that Iowa State team was awful. To prove you wrong here we go about FBS teams:

2016:
-Iowa State (3-9)
-Virginia (2-10)
-Kent State (3-9)
-Buffalo (2-10)

2015:
-Kansas (0-12)
-Wyoming (2-10)
-UCF (0-12)
-SMU (2-10)
-UNT (1-11)
-South Carolina (3-9)
-Army (2-10)

I could keep going, but each of these teams are teams who lost to FCS teams. Notice how teams never called these good FBS wins. Get off your high horse and accept the facts.

youwouldno
November 19th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Again I agree, if UNH didn't get in I know there wouldn't be a single fan on here that would be crying. What I object to is fans touting FBS wins year after year but suddenly when UNH wins one and finishes with a record that puts us firmly on the bubble, suddenly the FBS win is meaningless. If that is the way you think (not you personally) then we should throw out all FBS wins/losses and all D II wins/losses and base the decision just on FCS games. If you beat Notre Dame? So what? If you lose to the Saint Mary's School of Nuns? So what?

Comparing GSU and Notre Dame is absurd. You're acting like all FBS teams are the same, which obviously is not a credible way of looking at it. Nor is beating an FBS team an automatic ticket into the playoffs, as has already been pointed out (Albany last year).

You should just drop this line of reasoning . . . it's so ridiculous that it only makes your argument for UNH look worse.

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Try reading my post. I've very clearly laid out what my posts are about.

If you have trouble, let me know. I'll highlight them for you. I can even increase the font size so they are easier to read.

xblahx

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2017, 01:07 PM
My only argument was UNH having a better resume than UD. Everyone else has fair complaint about UNH being in.

I think its reached the point that UNH has made the playoffs 14 straight times, recently under questionable circumstances is what's raising the eyebrows. If just once someone else got the perceived "benefit of the doubt" the uproar wouldn't be as much. But the 14 year playoff streak is very much an outlier and draws attention. Especially when you consider that a lot of times UNH was not really a playoff favorite. Basically just another team in the field. The Santos/Ball years and 2014 standout as years when UNH was a slam dunk threat to make a run. Their recent semi run was a big surprise if iirc.

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 01:12 PM
xblahx
I'm curious,

Who do you think has the easier side? JSU or NDSU?

dwtime
November 19th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Georgia Southern is terrible. Sometimes you win FBS games because the FBS team is just THAT terrible. Fordham has a couple of those wins over Army and Temple recently. Portland State vs North Texas. UNT fired their coach right after the game in that one! UNH and Fordham were still talented FCS teams but they had the prey fall in their lap.

UNH might be the only team in cfb history who beat a team who fired their coach midseason (GSU), and lost to a team who fired their coach midseason (Holy Cross)

Good trivia question. Again I feel like a broken record, you are equating GSU to a crappy D II team and I just don't see it. They just thumped someone 52-0 and they may very well win their last two games of the season. Losing to UNH took all of the wind out of GSU's sails, they were not really that bad against a very good Auburn team for their first game but packed it in after the UNH loss. Each football game is different, any given Saturday. The Albany defense we faced yesterday played better than JMU and JMU has an amazing defense! Yesterday clearly wasn't our best Saturday but that is why the games are played.

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 01:14 PM
I'm curious,

Who do you think has the easier side? JSU or NDSU?

NDSU. We get JSU on our side. 😉

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 01:16 PM
NDSU. We get JSU on our side. 

Quality smack right there. Bravo xlolx

You know what I mean though. It's a real question.

aceinthehole

In the end I think this is what it came down to in that room. The "Northeast Region" (New England, NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC and VA) needed another team:

1. James Madison (CAA AQ) - Virginia
2. Stony Brook (CAA At-large) - New York
3. Monmouth (Big South At-large) - New Jersey
4. Central Conn. St. (NEC AQ) - Connecticut
5. Lehigh (Patriot AQ) - Pennsylvania

I just don't think they were comfortable with just 5 teams in this region and it came down to UNH and Delaware.

Bison56
NDSU. We get JSU on our side. 😉

Yep OVC cupcakes are yummy.

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 01:17 PM
So what did we learn from the committee?

Considering South Dakota was one of the last teams in and Eastern Washington wasn't in the last few left out with both of them having Top 10 strengths of schedule.

Schedule cupcakes.

Also considering UNH got in, it's also helpful if you lose to said cupcakes.

tjamz
November 19th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Yeah, you guys are jizzing in your pants I’m sure. The playoff committee always takes care of NDSU though.By making us play the other mvfc qualifiers early in the playoffs? Yeah, that's taking care of us alright

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

youwouldno
November 19th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Quality smack right there. Bravo xlolx

You know what I mean though. It's a real question.

The two quads are actually pretty close . . . the computers like South Dakota the most out of all the non-JSU and NDSU teams on that side, but they have lost 4 out of 5 games.

Pards Rule
November 19th, 2017, 01:27 PM
I’d love to but I’ve seen us play and I’ve seen NDSU play. Trust me. It just isn’t close. We’ll be lucky to score up there at all. I’m bitterly disappointed we got lined up with them. I’ve always kind of thought that playing NDSU up in that dome was almost like travelling to play a Big 10 school like Ohio State or Michigan...and we ain’t the ‘07 App State Mountaineers.

It was actually 2006 App State team. Hey we got a TD but missed XP in 42-6 loss in Fargo in 2011

dwtime
November 19th, 2017, 01:33 PM
Comparing GSU and Notre Dame is absurd. You're acting like all FBS teams are the same, which obviously is not a credible way of looking at it. Nor is beating an FBS team an automatic ticket into the playoffs, as has already been pointed out (Albany last year).

You should just drop this line of reasoning . . . it's so ridiculous that it only makes your argument for UNH look worse.

Where did I say GSU was Notre Dame? Where did I say all FBS teams are the same? Name a year, any year, where everyone piled on a team that made the playoffs with a record firmly on the bubble at 7-4 (not 6-5, thats only reserved for the MVC elite) that beat an FBS team? Albany in 2016? they should have been in, again last year I'm pretty sure UNH wasn't the last one in then either. I stand with what I said, if you are going to qualify an FBS win as anything other than a good win then you just shouldn't consider FBS wins or losses at all.

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2017, 01:33 PM
Agree...Softland bracket, or another run at UNI.... I think if you get past UNI/Monmouth, you are good until JMU
I think UCA is better than everyone besides JMU and NDSU. If you figure in our unfamiliarity with their weird turf, it could almost be better for us to play in Fargo again. I doubt we make it past the quarters again.

Interesting how some people don't think USD deserves to be in. Yesterday against the #5 seed they put up 583 yards of offense to SDSU's 386. They were stopped at the one on a goal line stand and that was the difference in the game. I've watched the Yotes a handfull of times this year. When their up tempo offense gets rolling it's scary. SDSU came up with a way to slow it down...leg cramps...dirty pool! Defensively USD at time struggles against the run. If their defense plays well they could win some playoff games.

Lol you’re a dumbass. It was the same guy who cramped up. Once you cramp they don’t just go away for the rest of the game.....

nickp
November 19th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Austin Peay football got robbed. They deserved to make it to the playoffs over anyone

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 01:36 PM
I think UCA is better than everyone besides JMU and NDSU. If you figure in our unfamiliarity with their weird turf, it could almost be better for us to play in Fargo again. I doubt we make it past the quarters again.

Lol you’re a dumbass. It was the same guy who cramped up. Once you cramp they don’t just go away for the rest of the game.....

When it's that time of the month it's that time of the month. 😉

JSUSoutherner
November 19th, 2017, 01:36 PM

http://www.co.benton.mn.us/Emergency_Management/Flood_Information/sandbags_clip_image001.gif

BisonTru
November 19th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Austin Peay football got robbed. They deserved to make it to the playoffs over anyone

I'm going to go on a limb and say JMU may have an argument here.

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Where did I say GSU was Notre Dame? Where did I say all FBS teams are the same? Name a year, any year, where everyone piled on a team that made the playoffs with a record firmly on the bubble at 7-4 (not 6-5, thats only reserved for the MVC elite) that beat an FBS team? Albany in 2016? they should have been in, again last year I'm pretty sure UNH wasn't the last one in then either. I stand with what I said, if you are going to qualify an FBS win as anything other than a good win then you just shouldn't consider FBS wins or losses at all.

You really are this dense aren't ya? How can you honestly sit there and believe this? So if EWU were to beat San Jose State, UTEP, or Kansas instead of losing to TTU then that would be a good win? GTFOH with that bull****.

Thumper 76
http://www.co.benton.mn.us/Emergency_Management/Flood_Information/sandbags_clip_image001.gif

Or I’m just......correct. Like I have been the majority of the time this year xcoffeex

TheKingpin28

weak bait is weak.

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Our defense held Albany to I think it was 267 yards, besides one broken 50 yard TD play our defense played great for being out there the entire game. we had a punt over the head that caused a safety so holding a team to 2 field goals besides that broken play when your offense didn't walk off the bus isn't a "curb stomp". Trust me all credit to Ualbany but we are still scratching our heads on what happened to our players yesterday on offense.

Also "god awful" Ualbany team? 7pt game vs ODU till the 4th, lost in OT to SBU(9-2) and Richmond(6-5), lost to elon by 6(8-3), maine(4-6) by two. beat Nova (5-6) and UNH (7-4) their "god awful loss is URI" thats about it.

I think you forget we also play in a high level competitive FCS conference

you forgot to mention what Delaware did to Albany.... but I understand bringing that game up destroys your point