PDA

View Full Version : Here Is The Case That Team X Should Be On Your Ballot.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2017, 08:47 PM
You and I both know you have some clunkers on your ballot. So how about we do the best job we can to give the most respect to the least clunkiest teams in the final vote.

Make your case(s) here.

*This is not about obvious Top 15 teams people this is about the overlooked teams that should be in the 20-25 range that have not gotten any love this year...or not much anyway.

BisonTru
November 18th, 2017, 08:56 PM
Austin Peay and Eastern Washington combined don't have a loss against anybody less than a playoff lock or FBS team.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 08:58 PM
I'll go with Delaware for 500.

Here is why:

SOS: 21
Massey: 15
Sagarin: 126 (Only 16 teams better than them in all of the FCS)
Quality Win: @SBU (4pt spread)
Quality Loss: JMU (10pt spread, who outside of UR, gave JMU their toughest game)
Rushing Offense: 21st
Rushing Defense: 19th
Total Defense: 13th

1st Year Coach in a depleted system
Richmond is #1 in passing offense and Rocco recruited Lauletta who is arguably the #1

There is no way Delaware should fall out of anyone's poll.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Two great posts so far guys. Good work.

I think Sac State is gonna be better than anyone's #25 unless they have USD there. They don't have a great D like a top 15 team would/should but if you have EWU (you probably ought to) then Sac is right there and has an offense that can win some games.

SCPALADIN
November 18th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Austin Peay and Eastern Washington combined don't have a loss against anybody less than a playoff lock or FBS team.

Same for Furman.

cx500d
November 18th, 2017, 09:36 PM
The problem is there's about 5 or 6 teams on the bubble and a case can be made for all of them; in the end, you have to make a choice, and all the sagarin, massey, and SoS in the world might not be able to unwind the snarl on the bottom of the stack.

ElCid
November 18th, 2017, 09:41 PM
The problem is there's about 5 or 6 teams on the bubble and a case can be made for all of them; in the end, you have to make a choice, and all the sagarin, massey, and SoS in the world might not be able to unwind the snarl on the bottom of the stack.

Yup. Falls to that one thing that cannot be measured...gut feeling.

cx500d
November 18th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Yup. Falls to that one thing that cannot be measured...gut feeling.

I didn't want to say that, but yeah...

centennial
November 18th, 2017, 09:45 PM
UNI. I know many people skipped them.

4th on Massey.

84th on Sagarin. (5th FCS)

Should be borderline top 10. 2nd team in MVFC 6-2.

ElCid
November 18th, 2017, 09:47 PM
UNI. I know many people skipped them.

4th on Massey.

84th on Sagarin. (5th FCS)

Should be borderline top 10. 2nd team in MVFC 6-2.

Really??? I just think they are set. Not much controversy with them right now. This was a non choke year.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2017, 09:58 PM
Really??? I just think they are set. Not much controversy with them right now. This was a non choke year.

Yeah, I don't think he gets what I am getting at here because I don't see how they would qualify as a 20 - 25 just barely making it because people aren't aware of or giving them credit.

centennial
November 18th, 2017, 10:01 PM
Yeah, I don't think he gets what I am getting at here because I don't see how they would qualify as a 20 - 25 just barely making it because people aren't aware of or giving them credit.
Oops, need to read better. Carry on.

cx500d
November 18th, 2017, 10:02 PM
McNeese is going to win this one, but they are less then impressive against a 1-7 team in the Softland Conference....

cx500d
November 18th, 2017, 10:17 PM
OMG, put a fork in it McNeese....Quite possible the most boring game of the day

ElCid
November 18th, 2017, 10:20 PM
Maybe they could have lost and made this easier. Bad on them.