PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 12 2017

superman7515
November 18th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Another regular season is wrapping up and, as always, I'd like to thank you all for another year of making the AGS poll as great as it is. It is through the tireless effort of everyone involved that this community excels beyond all others when reviewing FCS football.

That being said, still plenty of games going on, but I wanted to get this out early tonight since you need to get those ballots in early to beat the selection show. I'll be filling things in as the games conclude, so expect some things to be a little slower/emptier than usual, it's just the nature of the beast on the final weekend. But nothing to prevent you from getting a rough outline together so we can get this knocked out of the park and double check the ballots before submitting prior to the selections.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UPlm6YBH5msauOpXVfA9Z4bEE1fOStunWKZuwizJEm0/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks again to all of you; for most of us, this is the 2-minute warning on the 2017 season, so let's make this last drive count!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2017, 07:20 PM
IT'S ON PEOPLE!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2017, 07:23 PM
Wait for the games to end of course but it is all ready to go when you are ready but as always if you cast your vote prior to a game ending with a team that is or should be on your ballot I'll come knocking so just wait it out please.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 07:50 PM
Why the hell does McNeese need to play such a late game? That is the only game that I really have to wait for, since barring epic collapse, EWU is going to win and EIU vs APSU is in the 4th.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2017, 08:06 PM
Alright, I've had somebody cast a ballot already and I just don't get why this is hard to understand that we don't vote before games are over so I am going to close the submissions off until McNeese is over I guess.

kdinva
November 18th, 2017, 08:08 PM
Why the hell does McNeese need to play such a late game?

I mentioned this in another thread......all FCS games in week 12 must kick off no later than 6 PM Eastern.....by now all games would be done, and all of us and the Committee could get goin' now.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 08:10 PM
Alright, I've had somebody cast a ballot already and I just don't get why this is hard to understand that we don't vote before games are over so I am going to close the submissions off until McNeese is over I guess.

Seriously? Who would do that?

I mentioned this in another thread......all FCS games in week 12 must kick off no later than 6 PM Eastern.....by now all games would be done, and all of us and the Committee could get goin' now.

I saw that and thought I repped the post. It is just a pain for the rest of us.

TheKingpin28
November 18th, 2017, 08:10 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kdinva again.

Guess that is why I could not.

kdinva
November 18th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Seriously? Who would do that?
I saw that and thought I repped the post. It is just a pain for the rest of us.

other sports do the last day of the season right, IMO.......MLB: all games on that last Sunday have 1st pitch at 3:05 EDT (12:05 PDT, etc). NFL week 17, no Sunday nite or Monday nite games.....

LehighU11
November 18th, 2017, 08:25 PM

My apologies, ursus. I just cast my ballot prematurely it seems, but after you closed submissions. Once you reopen the poll, will it go through as normal or will I have to resubmit it?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2017, 08:30 PM
My apologies, ursus. I just cast my ballot prematurely it seems, but after you closed submissions. Once you reopen the poll, will it go through as normal or will I have to resubmit it?

There was no submission from you my friend so you will have to submit again when it is reopened after the McNeese game.

Nothing at all showed up from you though so you might leave your browser open on that tab and see if you can quick change the teasms needed and submit maybe?

LehighU11
November 18th, 2017, 08:33 PM
There was no submission from you my friend so you will have to submit again when it is reopened after the McNeese game.

Nothing at all showed up from you though so you might leave your browser open on that tab and see if you can quick change the teasms needed and submit maybe?

Excellent, I'll give that a shot. Thanks and sorry for the hassle!

DirtyDukes
November 18th, 2017, 09:32 PM
Whoops Ursus ignore my PM - didn't see this thread.

Drblankstare
November 18th, 2017, 09:41 PM
Vote well my friends.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26552&stc=1

RootinFerDukes
November 18th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Ursus, would you be open to reopening the poll early... say halfway through the 4th quarter of McNeese's game if it's at least a 3 score game? Lamar likely wouldn't make it a game at that point and I think people have made up their mind about McNeese.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Yes, if McNeese had scored on that last possession I was going to open it up.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2017, 09:53 PM
I opened it up as I am having some internet issues with it cutting in and out and want to turn it on when I know it is connected. Please have the integrity to be sure that McNeese is onna win if you have them on your ballots people...

Oh yeah, one last thing, make no errors.

superman7515
November 18th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Lamar not going down without a fight; 13-3 with 7:21 to play.

ElCid
November 18th, 2017, 10:08 PM
Isn't that damn game over yet?

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2017, 10:09 PM
2:34 left, McNeese with ball, up 10

McNeese is a team with a strong defense but a very very meh offense.

Serpentor
November 18th, 2017, 10:18 PM
It's over, vote away folks.

cx500d
November 18th, 2017, 10:18 PM
open it up, boring game is done

MR. CHICKEN
November 18th, 2017, 10:19 PM
MCNEESE 13
LAMAR 3 FINAL

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2017, 10:19 PM
open it up, boring game is done

I opened it up about 10 or 15 min. ago so get on it.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2017, 10:21 PM
I opened it up as I am having some internet issues with it cutting in and out and want to turn it on when I know it is connected. Please have the integrity to be sure that McNeese is onna win if you have them on your ballots people...

Oh yeah, one last thing, make no errors.

That is where I opened it so some of you might have missed that one.

superman7515
November 18th, 2017, 10:42 PM
Just some random and inconsequential bits of trivia for this final poll:

Of the 35 teams that received votes this week, only #12 Elon was outscored by their FCS opponents this year.

Five teams outscored FCS opponents by 200+ points: North Dakota State (+294), James Madison (+276), Central Arkansas (+261), North Carolina A&T (+205), and Jacksonville State (+203).

If New Hampshire makes the playoffs, they better hope they put in a large bid. They were 5-0 at home against FCS opponents, 1-4 on the road.

Western Illinois, however, wants to travel. They were .500 at home (2-2) against FCS opponents, but 6-1 on the road. More road wins than any other FCS team this season, in fact, more road FCS wins than the majority of teams even played.

Sam Houston State was the only FCS team to score 500 points against FCS opponents this year, but allowed more points than any other ranked team. Their 28.5 pts allowed per game is more than James Madison allowed in any two games combined all season, even if you count their FBS game vs East Carolina.

Nicholls State won 8 games in an 11-game season for the first time since 1986; one year after going 0-11, Austin Peay won 8 games for the first time since 1977, a year before 1AA/FCS started.

RootinFerDukes
November 18th, 2017, 11:06 PM
Dang. Most weeks I'd drop some of the teams that I still ranked in the back end simply because I can't think of anyone else worth voting for and they're at least "on the outside looking in" bubble type teams.

RootinFerDukes
November 18th, 2017, 11:10 PM
Sam Houston State was the only FCS team to score 500 points against FCS opponents this year, but allowed more points than any other ranked team. Their 28.5 pts allowed per game is more than James Madison allowed in any two games combined all season, even if you count their FBS game vs East Carolina.

Those decemberists are going to be praying to the bearkat gods tomorrow that they can avoid our half of the bracket. No one tell them NDSU is awaiting them on the "safer" side. Either way, they're screwed.

superman7515
November 18th, 2017, 11:12 PM
Lehigh for most significant win? That comeback against LaffyTaffy continues to make the Patriot autobid a laugher.

Serpentor
November 18th, 2017, 11:18 PM
Those decemberists are going to be praying to the bearkat gods tomorrow that they can avoid our half of the bracket. No one tell them NDSU is awaiting them on the "safer" side. Either way, they're screwed.

Whatever makes your e-penis grow...

cx500d
November 18th, 2017, 11:19 PM
Lehigh for most insignificant win? That comeback against LaffyTaffy continues to make the Patriot autobid a laugher.

FYP

Thumper 76
November 18th, 2017, 11:25 PM
Lehigh for most significant win? That comeback against LaffyTaffy continues to make the Patriot autobid a laugher.

Most embarrassing outcome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
November 18th, 2017, 11:28 PM
Minor correction. Next to USD it says lost to South Dakota Coyotes instead of to South Dakota State Jackrabbits

cx500d
November 18th, 2017, 11:41 PM
Minor correction. Next to USD it says lost to South Dakota Coyotes instead of to South Dakota State Jackrabbits

Russian misinformation

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2017, 12:20 AM
I feel dirty with my poll.

This video accurately describes how I feel about every team outside the top15ish as well as my poll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJY21MXcqfE

ST_Lawson
November 19th, 2017, 12:25 AM
Western Illinois, however, wants to travel. They were .500 at home (2-2) against FCS opponents, but 6-1 on the road. More road wins than any other FCS team this season, in fact, more road FCS wins than the majority of teams even played.

And more road wins than we have ever had in a season in the history of our program. Only place we lost this year was the Fargodome.

We're going to just miss out on a seed...we're going to lose the first round bid to someone...we're going to go to their town...and they're gonna get rekt.

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2017, 12:31 AM
Russian misinformation

I ****ing KNEW those bastards were behind this

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2017, 12:32 AM
And more road wins than we have ever had in a season in the history of our program. Only place we lost this year was the Fargodome.

We're going to just miss out on a seed...we're going to lose the first round bid to someone...we're going to go to their town...and they're gonna get rekt.

That's the spirit.

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2017, 12:39 AM
Anything after about 16 or 17 is fruitless.....nobody won...and alot looked horrible in the process.

Schism55
November 19th, 2017, 12:44 AM

F'in A Cotton, F'in A!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2017, 12:47 AM
We are out of quota, I am sending them manual at this point. I will be up for another hour hoping that the system resets at midnight and I can hit the rack but I will back up in 5 hrs. or so to check any that might have been hung up.

Don't pm me unless it is an absolute necessity please. If you have the email then this is the way to communicate since your ballot is right there in the communication and so forth.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2017, 12:50 AM
Submitted! You want to care but deep down you know spots 17-25 or so are like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Honestly, I guessed...lol. There's not enough metrics/statistics to come up with the right order or right teams.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2017, 07:13 AM
Been back at it for about an hour and there are some guys that need to check emails. I have pm'd and posted in the poll voters lounge who you are so please get to it ASAP.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2017, 07:15 AM
BTW, I am processing every vote manually so it may take 5 or 10 minutes to show up but keep looking for it over the next hour and everybody keep an eye on those emails please. We are almost there people just help me out in this last push please.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2017, 07:45 AM
The early poll closes in 15 minutes so get your butt in gear if you have waited.

Catatonic
November 19th, 2017, 07:55 AM
Would it be wrong to rank say, uh, Grambling #23, by default? Asking for a friend .

cx500d
November 19th, 2017, 08:04 AM
Would it be wrong to rank say, uh, Grambling #23, by default? Asking for a friend .

Seriously?

Cocky
November 19th, 2017, 08:10 AM
They did handle Alcorn better than McNeese. Didnt do quite as well against PVAM as UCA or SHSU. 23 would not be out of the question.

Daytripper
November 19th, 2017, 08:10 AM
I tried to submit before the 8:00 central deadline. Thought got it in one minute early but it didn't take. Sorry about that Ursus.

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2017, 08:11 AM
Not really. I put Yale at the bottom of my poll ballot this week since there was just such a plethora of teams trying their hardest to work themselves out of the poll this week.

Southern Bison
November 19th, 2017, 08:15 AM
Not really. I put Yale at the bottom of my poll ballot this week since there was just such a plethora of teams trying their hardest to work themselves out of the poll this week.

I've done that as well most years for the Ivy/MEAC/SWAC Champ that perhaps wasn't already in my top 25 but with a good record. This week really was a week of separation and one of the easier ballots to create.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2017, 08:16 AM
I tried to submit before the 8:00 central deadline. Thought got it in one minute early but it didn't take. Sorry about that Ursus.

I did not shut it off until 7:03 Mountain time so I think your timing may be off a bit.