PDA

View Full Version : NEC Pick 'em - Week 12

RedFlash
November 16th, 2017, 10:56 AM
The 2017 NEC season wraps up with the following games on Saturday:

Wagner at Sacred Heart (-6)
Robert Morris at Central Connecticut (-25)
Duquesne (-8.5) at Bryant
St. Francis (+2.5) at Eastern Kentucky

Sacred Heart could slide into a tie for 3rd in the Conference with a win against Wagner. The Pioneers did a nice job in bottling up StFU’s running game last week, forcing their back-up QB to try to win the game. As for Wagner, I wonder what the season would have been like if their starting QB wasn’t hurt in the 2nd game of the season. I assume Haughtaling is not in danger of losing his job this off season, but they are only 10-22 in his three seasons – with 4 of those 10 wins coming against D-2 opponents.
Congrats to CCSU (and the lone CCSU poster on this site – Aceinthehole) on winning the NEC Championship last week at Duquesne. What an incredible comeback and ending – which had to be just heart-breaking for the Duquesne team/fans. I don’t expect a letdown from CCSU this week, but I’m guessing they may hold some guys out (if there are any injuries) or may play some more guys this week to avoid potential injuries, which could impact this week’s game. Playing at home should be enough to get them over the hump against an RMU team that simply cannot score. Which leads to this question: Is this John Banaszak’s last game for the Colonials. He signed a one-year extension last year and his team will likely finish 2-9 this season. I think he’s out, but the RMU fans on here probably have a better feel for this.
Duquesne is probably dreading this trip after what happened last week. A meaningless game against a team that will be trying to finish above .500 and establish some momentum going into the off-season and spring. I just can’t see Duquesne losing three straight though – unless they hold some guys out, although I doubt they will. Stuart is in the mix for NEC Offensive player of the year, along with Crawford at WR, so I’m sure those two will be playing. Bryant has struggled to stop teams all year, so I think Duquesne wins in a high scoring contest.
StFU goes on the road to finish its season at Eastern Kentucky, marking its first ever game against an OVC team. StFU played without its starting QB last week and it showed. The offense turned the ball over three times and missed two FG’s and again could not put many points on the board. I’m picking them to win this one for no other reason than I think they are due – but if they are still without their starting QB, it will be a long afternoon.

Gangtackle11
November 16th, 2017, 11:42 AM
SHSU
CCSU
Duquesne
EKU

Original_RMC
November 16th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Congrats to CCSU (and the lone CCSU poster on this site – Aceinthehole) on winning the NEC Championship last week at Duquesne. What an incredible comeback and ending – which had to be just heart-breaking for the Duquesne team/fans. I don’t expect a letdown from CCSU this week, but I’m guessing they may hold some guys out (if there are any injuries) or may play some more guys this week to avoid potential injuries, which could impact this week’s game. Playing at home should be enough to get them over the hump against an RMU team that simply cannot score. Which leads to this question: Is this John Banaszak’s last game for the Colonials. He signed a one-year extension last year and his team will likely finish 2-9 this season. I think he’s out, but the RMU fans on here probably have a better feel for this.

2014: 1-10
2015: 4-7
2016: 2-8
2017: 2-8

RMU Record: 9-34

It has been two years since RMU had a RB rush for at least 100yds in a game.
An offense that averaged 11pts per game in 4 years.
Last road victory, 10/3/2015 @ Wagner. 13 game losing streak on the road.
Two Def players ejected from games this season for throwing punches.
Turnover within the roster has hurt the program each year.

The list can go on & on but I would be shocked if there was not a change made after the CCSU game.

RedFlash
November 16th, 2017, 04:21 PM
2014: 1-10
2015: 4-7
2016: 2-8
2017: 2-8

RMU Record: 9-34

I did not realize his record was quite that bad. I have to admit, after the Dayton game, I really thought they would have a pretty good season and show some life this year. I'll be curious to see who they go after if a change is made.

Original_RMC
November 17th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Wagner @ SHU - SHU shocked me on how they traveled to SFU and smacked them. SHU wins this one and slides into that 3rd place tie in the NEC.
SHU 28 - Wagner 17

RMU @ CCSU - The 2017 champs will enjoy Senior Day and a FCS playoff bid. The starters might play a half because they have the playoffs to think about and they might only need them for a half too.
I think RMU makes a little of a comeback in the 2nd half fighting for perhaps Coach Banny's last game.
CCSU 24 - RMU 13

Duquesne @ Bryant - Dukes are flying to Bryant and they are going to need to regroup after a missed FG (amd extra point) cost them the NEC title. Bryant is getting better and they have a tough Def. They will need it against the Dukes. I think the Dukes will try to use Hines to get the offense going after a very slow start. It will be a high scoring game but the Dukes will pull this one out at the end.
Dukes 42 - Bryant 38

SFU @ Eastern Kentucky - I didn't know SFU was without their starting QB last week. Even with their starting QB, SFU still has some questions on offense. SFU's Def will keep it close but taking Eastern Ketucky at home.
EKU 17 - SHU 13

bonarae
November 17th, 2017, 04:25 PM
Sacred Heart
CCSU
Duquesne
EKU